PDA

View Full Version : Leonarda's Current Events- hand drawn/painted - Due June 1st

LeonardaDaArtsi
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Due: June 1
Signup: N/A
Withdraw date: N/A
Number of Cards: 3/3

Are you a news junkie? Love CNN? New York Times? FOX?

Are you passionate about events that are happening around the world or in your own backyard community?

Make 3 atcs depicting current events that are moving you. Current can mean anything in the past year.

These will be mainly hand drawn or painted, but you can add collage elements to them if you desire- like cutting out a title from a newspaper, etc. and adding it to your drawn picture.

You do not have to sign up. Just PM me for address. When your cards arrive, I will post they are here.

Please included a SASE for your returns.

HERE:
1. maineatc

TimeInMyHands
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Humm...this looks interesting but I need to get a few other commitments done first!
I am such a news geek and the weather channel too! (LOL) :geek:

LeonardaDaArtsi
03-19-2011, 08:58 PM
know what you mean!

duckduckgoose
03-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I will join you in this adventure.
Good idea. :)

craftyvox
03-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I always really enjoyed your Current Events swaps, and have been on the outlook in hopes you'd host one again. Shame I really really can not draw :( awww heh. Maybe next time!:)

LeonardaDaArtsi
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I always really enjoyed your Current Events swaps, and have been on the outlook in hopes you'd host one again. Shame I really really can not draw :( awww heh. Maybe next time!:)

YES you can too!!!!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Art101
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I always really enjoyed your Current Events swaps, Is there a link to pics from a previous swap(s), I'm lurking but really need an idea or two.

LeonardaDaArtsi
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, heres an example- maybe you feel really upset over the Japan crisis and you want to paint something abstract like all black and then you cut out a newspaper headline and glue it on top............ idk...just a thought.......

Art101
04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
What I meant was, is there a link to a previous Current Event swap that has some downloaded cards posted from participants? If not, I can wait until some get posted here in this new swap, and just lurk in the meanwhile. :idea:

LeonardaDaArtsi
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
no, I havent hosted this swap theme since nervousness.org was around. Most of the cards were very passionately done, because they were issues that meant alot to the artists.

craftyvox
04-05-2011, 07:54 AM
What I meant was, is there a link to a previous Current Event swap that has some downloaded cards posted from participants? If not, I can wait until some get posted here in this new swap, and just lurk in the meanwhile. :idea:

no, I havent hosted this swap theme since nervousness.org was around. Most of the cards were very passionately done, because they were issues that meant alot to the artists.

I took part in both of the previous awesome Current Events Swaps. If it's okay with leonarda I could scan and post my return cards as well as post my own scans as example if you like?

LeonardaDaArtsi
04-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes! please do!

duckduckgoose
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately I'm going to have
to withdraw, please accept my apologies.

LeonardaDaArtsi
05-01-2011, 06:59 PM
maineatc- your very nice cards arrived! Can you post these if you took pics? I also did ones on the Japanese earthquake. : )

LeonardaDaArtsi
06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
This swap is a bust! Maineatc, I will return your submissions with your illuminated letters. No one participated.......... blagh!!!:arghh::embarrassed::mad:

Maineatc
06-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I am so sorry that I missed this post. (and the one before.) I had fun doing this swap. I would be happy to swap with anyone or you if you have any cards on any topic available. I am surprised that you did not get players......I find some swaps weird.....but this was great. I hope you receive this in time to swap for something. You also have my permission to post my cards as examples. I do not have the ability or knowledge to do it. Sorry
Sandy