PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Spring 2011 - Master Schedule

Art By Camilla
04-01-2011, 03:03 AM
And here is the Master Schedule, in case it has gotten lost in your inbox from my previous email!

Artist Trading Cards for All Michigan Spring 2011 Get-Together

Saturday April 30, 2011 and Sunday May 1, 2011
Come for one day, or both days.
Fee: $10 per person, per day.

Open to all AFA members, friends, and family (ages 18 and over).
Workshops, open work time, shopping and trading!
Hotels (see below) and restaurants nearby.

The Scrapbook Zone
27889 Orchard Lake Rd. (at corner of 12 Mile Rd)
Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Schedule
Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

10am-11am – arrive, meet and greet, set-up

11am WORKSHOP: Distressed Techniques – Instructor: Dewtee
Distressing is nothing to stress out about! Actually, it’s quite fun and addictive. Distressing is defined as to dent, scratch, or stain so as to give an appearance of age. This is perfect for achieving an antique/vintage, natural, tattered, peeling, or well-worn look to our ***. If you like the Shabby-Chic look, distressing is the way to go. I will show you techniques that will have you de-stressing about distressing!

12pm Lunch (restaurants nearby; pay for your own meal)

1pm – 4pm open work time (continue Distressed Techniques if desired), shopping and trading

4pm WORKSHOP: Watercolor Pencil Techniques – Instructor: Adriayna
Learn techniques to use with any watercolor pencil, including the Derwent Inktense Pencils. Pencils will be available to share, we can share our own with each other, or you may purchase your own watercolor pencils prior to attendance. Note: Derwent Inktense Pencils are the brightest and boldest of watercolor pencils.

5:30 pm – Clean up/pack up.

6pm – Shop closes.

6:15 – Group dinner (pay for your own meal) at Ruby Tuesday’s (across the street).

Schedule
Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

10am-11am arrive, meet and greet, set-up

11am WORKSHOP: Zentangles – group-led session – Facilitator: genaflatley
Bring copies of your favorite tangle to share and learn new tangles from everyone else! All levels of ability are welcome, from rank beginner to skilled tangler.

12pm Lunch (restaurants nearby; pay for your own meal)

1pm – 2pm open work time (finish Zentangles if desired), shopping and trading

2pm SPECIAL ACTIVITY: Chunkies Grab Bag Make and Take Swap – Facilitator: *** By Camilla
Bring a small grab bag of goodies to swap, and go home with two new chunky pages; one made by you, and one traded with another player!

5:30 pm – Clean up/pack up.

6pm Shop closes.

HOTELS:
There are two hotels nearby that the shop has negotiated discounted rates with. Mention to them that it is for a weekend event at The Scrapbook Zone and ask for the discounted rate. I don't know what the rates are.

Holiday Inn Suites on 12 Mile Rd.
Talk to Gary at 248-344-8204

Farmington Hills Red Roof Inn
248-478-8640

Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on anything!

Camilla