PDA

View Full Version : APRIL PAT - Due June 15th

Pages : [1] 2

Joss
04-01-2011, 05:14 AM
April PAT
Due Date – June 15
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up you’re in, so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 1 for each person in your group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players (THIS SWAP IS FULL )
Welcome to the APRIL Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:

* an established positive iTrader rating of +15
* no negatives within the last 6 months
* no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months.
* no exceptions so please don’t ask
If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of your group.

General Information:

~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled.
~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!
~This will be an on time swap. CARDS are to be in my hands on / before JUNE 5th. I
know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as
soon as possible so we can work it out.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ Once you sign up you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately.
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme; you will
receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member
~ Make sure you send cards you are proud of.
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, no embellishments please!

Sending Your Cards:

~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)
~Please include your username and group number on the outside envelope I see first
~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card
card you make.
~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not
necessary.

Mailing Information:

When you're ready to send, PM me for my address.
When you are packing up your cards:
* put each card in a plastic sleeve
* make sure that your username and the recipients' usernames are on the backs of all your cards
* send a label with your address (I'll provide envelopes)
* (A dollar bill is appreciated, but if you don’t send one, please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun)

What about iTrader?

Like any other swap, I'll leave iTrader for players when their cards arrive. When you get your returns, you leave iTrader for me. In addition, because this is a PAT, you leave iTrader for the other members of your group, too (NOT reps). That means that you'll get five iTraders. It also means that if a player joins and does not send in cards, they will get FIVE negative iTrader ratings. Playing in a PAT is a serious commitment - so think carefully before you join.

'Pick a theme' examples

Easy – Generic themes where it is easy to think up a card, find a reference or image. Examples of easy themes include: fairies, cats, dogs, marine life, flowers, mermaids, colors, windows, etc.

Regular – Less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc.

Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Groups
(I can eliminate ones that don't get sign-ups and add more if there's enough interest)

Group 1-Hand Drawn/Painted – Easy Themes FULL
1 123andpoof- chickens (cards in London...thanks)
2 kavka - angels (cards in London.....thanks)
3 jo.on.the.go - mama animals and their babies (cards in London...thanks)
4 Phoenix - faces (abstract/whimsy/realistic/blind/happy) (cards in London...thanks)
5 Joss - giraffe (head only) (cards in London)

Group 2 -Hand Drawn/Painted – Regular Themes FULL
1 ceejay - aquarium fish (cards in London...thanks)
2 maineatc - real insects (cards in London....thanks)
3 AmericanHwyFlower - long-haired lady
4 arlie707 - skies (cards in London...thanks)
5 jo.on.the.go - mountain landscape with a lake (cards in London...thanks)

Group 3 -Hand Drawn/Painted - Challenging Themes FULL
1 kavka -Kitsune (http://www.coyotes.org/kitsune/media.html) in modern life (clothes, setting, etc) (cards in London...thanks)
2 Linda4atc - My cats (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linda4atc/sets/72157624366224144/) (cards in London...thanks)
3 itti - The Lady of Shalott (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_of_Shalott) (cards in London... thanks)
4 momoruth - things found in the trunk of a car (cards in London....thanks)
5 kentuckydakota - Famous fictional sleuths (http://www.famous-detectives.com/) (cards in London...thanks)

Group 4-Collage – Easy Themes FULL
1 Tamrantula - animals (any) with socks
2 arlie707 - spring (cards in London...thanks)
3 babynavyblue - birds (cards in London....thanks)
4 Nancy - red, white and black (cards in London...thanks)
5 goatgirl - fairytales or nursery rhymes (cards in London....thanks)

Group 5-Collage - Regular Themes FULL
1 notinkansas - locks and keys (cards in London...thanks)
2 kittyNL - coffee or tea (cards in London...thanks)
3 louisezee- vintage artist's tools (cards in London....thanks)
4 alanabannana - roosters (cards in London....thanks)
5 Pikkis - vintage women or children with wings (cards in London....thanks)

Group 6-Collage – Challenging Themes FULL
1 katelnorth - Bob Dylan songs (title/line etc) (cards in London...thanks)
2 lilywaters - the phoenix rising from the ashes (cards in London....thanks)
3 RedHeartStudio - Frank Miller style - black and white with a touch of red (sin city)
4 Nancy - Ancient Egypt (cards in London....thanks)
5 RobbyGirl -Sookie Stackhouse Novels or the True Blood Series based on it (cards in London....thanks)

Group 7- Any medium - Easy or Regular Themes FULL
1 katrinabean86 - cats (cards in London...thanks)
2 Gerry - hedgehogs (real or fantasy) (cards in London...thanks)
3 babynavyblue - Zetti (cards in London...thanks)
4 Donnacr - cameo (silhouette or with detail) (cards in London...thanks)
5 flowerlily64 - mermaids (cards in London...thanks)

Group 8 - Abstract - any medium FULL
1 catscradle (cards in London...thanks)
2 mrubyjean (cards are in London...thanks)
3 Sharlene54 (cards in London.....thanks)
4 NancyL (cards in London....thanks)
5 katelnorth (cards in London....thanks)

a123andpoof
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Yay! Been on the look out for this months PAT! I would like to join group 1 with the theme of chickens!

katrinabean86
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Can I be in group 7 with the theme of cats? Thanks for hosting, Joss!

Kavka
04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Sign me up for group 1 and 3...

Group 1 theme - Angels
Group 3 theme - Kitsune (http://www.coyotes.org/kitsune/media.html) in modern day life (clothes, setting, etc)

notinkansas
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
group 5 locks and keys....please!

ceejay
04-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I would like to be included in group 2 please ... my theme ... aquarium fish.

Maineatc
04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Please sign me up for group two -real insects

Tamrantula
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I would love to join group 4--will have to get back to you with a theme after I get home!

MOM
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I hope everyone is behaving. Mom's watching.

KittyNL
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, I have enough Itrader points this month!

For my group 5 please. Theme: Coffee or tea?

Linda4atc
04-01-2011, 04:08 PM
LOL I was thinking it would be fun to get ***' artist drawings of my cats, Mr Hobbs, Asher or Bartlett. They would not have to realistic. The could even be cartoonish as long and you can tell they represent one of my cats. Would that go into group 2 or 3?

:eek:I am already afraid of group three... If it's group two fine, sign me up. If its three I need to think about it... Kavka I don't understand what Kitsune is, I don't see anything on that link that mad me think modern life (clothes, setting, etc).

Sorry, but could you explain what I'm not seeing ....

AmericanHwyFlower
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
please sign me up for
Group 2 - long haired lady(can have multicolored hair:spinny:)

Group 8- Three birds from song by Bob Marley(no people on card please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

and
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+marley
/three+little+birds_20021728.html (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+marley/three+little+birds_20021728.html)

lemurkat
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Kitsune are fox-people - so I am imagining that she wants a modern-day fox person. I believe they have two forms - one is a fox, often with multiple tails (up to nine). They are also tricksters and able to assume human form. This wiki article may be of more use:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

AmericanHwyFlower
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Linda... i think she wants the fox in some clothes...

Linda4atc
04-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Oooo OKaay... I am will to give it a go. Thank you lemurkat, are you gonna join group 3 too?

arlie707
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Joss - have to join in!
Please sign me up for Group 2 Reg. themes - Skies
and Group 4 - Easy collage - Spring

Phoenix
04-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Please, please, may I join group 1? My theme is faces (of any kind, abstract, whimsy, realistic, blind, happy face --- I really open to anything!)

Edit: Yay! I got in and love the themes and members of my group. Can you tell this is my first PAT? Woot!

Linda4atc
04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok, group#3, Photos of my 3 cats in my gallery and flickr. Bart, Ash, or Mr hobbs (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linda4atc/sets/72157624366224144/) I am going to add some more now.

lemurkat
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Oooo OKaay... I am will to give it a go. Thank you lemurkat, are you gonna join group 3 too?

I'm not playing PATs at this present point in time.

My Doctor says the added stress is bad for my blood pressure *

(* okay, so I'm just kidding on that point, I have other reasons. )

Joss
04-02-2011, 03:11 AM
A HUGE welcome to: 123andpoof, kavka, jo.on.the.go, Phoenix, ceejay, maineatc, arlie707, AmericanHwyFlower, Tamrantula, notinkansas, kittyNL, louisezee, katrinabean86

Linda4atc
04-02-2011, 03:44 AM

Ok, group#3, Photos of my 3 cats in my gallery and flickr. Bart, Ash, or Mr hobbs (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linda4atc/sets/72157624366224144/) I am going to add some more now.

Hi Joss, I guess I didn't express myself correctly. :embarrassed:

I have decided That I would like to be in Group #3 please.

I have pictures of My Cats in my Gallery, and more on my flckr page Bart, Ash, or Mr hobbs (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linda4atc/sets/72157624366224144/)

Joss
04-02-2011, 04:25 AM
I wasn't too sure. Yay, thanks Linda, will add you right now! Huge welcome to my PAT swap. (Your kitties are adorable.)

itti
04-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Wow, the groups are filling up fast! Can you put me in group 3, please? I'll come back with a theme later. The ones I can think of right now are not challenging in any way.

Gerry
04-02-2011, 04:59 AM
can I join group 7 with the theme of hedgehogs, real or fantasy. Thanks :D

Joss
04-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Hooray, welcome itti and Gerry.

AmericanHwyFlower
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Joss,
If no one signs up for group 8 does that group get eliminated??

Joss
04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
AHF, let's wait a few more days to see what happens. I can change groups, or delete them or add another one. If it gets dropped, do you have another choice, or maybe I could merge group 7 and 8?

alanabannana
04-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Missed a day and the groups are fillin up fast Joss. Hope you and Jo are havin a blast!! I need more roosters in my collection so sign me up please for Group 5 - regular collage. Thanks

Tamrantula
04-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I have been debating and debating a theme...and am struggling with a theme!

Last time my theme was "Iguana's with hats". SO....this time I am thinking of an animal in SOCKS! lol.....,.Any animal would be ok....I don't want to make it tooo hard...so..my theme will be:

Animal of YOUR choice, in socks!

Now, I am wondering if that is too complicated for an easy theme? Maybe I should be in the "regular collage group"??

Let me know what you think.

Kavka
04-02-2011, 11:11 PM
@lemurkat/linda4atc: Yes, I do mean fox people/japanese foxes in modern clothes and whatnot. I'm sorry if that was overly confusing. Sometimes I think I take the challenging themes to quite an extreme.

Linda4atc
04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Not a problem I already have a couple ideas for yours. I am just a person who wants to do good, so I do not always enjoy really challenging themes that I feel I fail at.

Joss
04-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Welcome alanabannana, always good to see you in my swaps. yes, Jojo and I are having such fun!!
Thanks for clearing that up kavka.Very interesting theme, I look forward to seeing all the cards for it.
Tamrantula, I think easy collage is fine for your theme, it sounds like such fun.

Donnacr
04-03-2011, 04:38 AM
I haven't joined a PAT for ages so I think I would like to join Group 7 with the theme of: a cameo - either in silhoette or with detail

Pikkis
04-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I´d like to take the last spot in group 5, please, and my theme would be "Vintage women or children with wings." Thanks!

itti
04-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Okay, i'd like my theme to be The Lady of Shalott (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_of_Shalott).

babynavyblue
04-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I absolutely have to join!!!!

I would like to be part of Group 4-theme: Birds and Group 7- theme: Zetti.

Thanks!!!

flowerlily64
04-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I would like to take the last spot in group 7 if possible please.

flowerlily64
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
oh yeah...and I would like my theme to be mermaids :)

AmericanHwyFlower
04-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Joss, i think if no one signs up for group 8 then i just want to be removed.

Joss
04-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Welcome flowerlily64, so happy you have joined us.

I have changed group 8 to abstract -any medium, and could change group 5 too, any suggestions?

Donnacr
04-04-2011, 07:56 AM
babynavyblue - I am afraid that I don't understand what makes a drawing into 'Zetti'. What are the elements that it must or mustn't have? sorry. . .

mrubyjean
04-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Joss ~ Nice to have an abstract group!
Do we need to choose a 'theme' for an abstract? Or colors...or any specifications?

Joss
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
No theme needed or colors etc, just an abstract.

Nancy
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Add me to group 4 with a theme of Red, White and Black...........

goatgirl
04-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Could you sign me up for group four with fairytales and/or nursery rhymes? Thanks! (if you think that's too challenging for the "easy" group, go ahead and put me down for dance, instead).

Joss
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Wonderful, thanks for joining Nancy and goatgirl

katelnorth
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Dang - missed the boat on this one. Hmm, do I want in on the challenging theme group? Yeah, probably - Group 6, please. Not sure what my theme will be - can I get back to you on it?

Joss
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Yahoooo, you are a star kn. Of course you can get back to me with the theme.

katelnorth
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Ok, guess that didn't take so long after all - I'm going to go with "Bob Dylan songs" (card can represent a title, a line from a song, etc, etc -I'm not that fussy...)

momoruth
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Group 3 Things found in a trunk of a car-
Let me know if you add another easy or regular theme...any medium or H/D H/P

Joss
04-05-2011, 04:22 AM
great choice kn. Welcome momognome, and I will probably be adding a new group real soon, will let you all know.

Gerry
04-05-2011, 07:39 AM
ooooh I have never done a zetti card before so this will be challenging for me. I shall have to start looking them up.:wideeyed:

Joss
04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Me neither Gerry, what fun to try it.

kentuckydakota
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I am fearfully signing up for group 3. I'll get back to you on my theme. If you end up adding an easy or reg HD/HP I'll sign up for that as well.

Cat's Cradle
04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Joss, I'd like to sign up for Group 8.

lilywaters
04-05-2011, 02:45 PM
i'm up for group six. no theme yet, but i'll put my thinking cap on. now where did i leave that damned thing.......

Joss
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Welcome kentuckydakota, catscradle and lilywaters...I saw your thinking cap somewhere LW-aha it's under the bed.

mrubyjean
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM
OK...I'll do it...please sign me up for Group 8!

Joss
04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Yay mrubyjean is in da house. Thanks for joining us.

Cat's Cradle
04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Maybe I can finally get the oil pastels/ink technique down! :jiggy:

Joss
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Ha ha cc, that will really be like 'killing two birds with one stone'. (crazy idiom isn't it?)

Cat's Cradle
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
It is a crazy idiom. I dropped the technique swap, but the technique could work well with abstract cards.

Joss
04-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh yes, I forgot that you had dropped it. So can't wait to see what you do with it for these cards.

sharlene54
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll sign in for abstract group 8. Can it be made of fabric?

kentuckydakota
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I've got my theme now - Famous Fictional Sleuths. Here's a site for those who need inspiration http://www.famous-detectives.com/

mrubyjean
04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I would love an abstract fabric card, sharlene! :D

flowerlily64
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
babynavyblue - I am afraid that I don't understand what makes a drawing into 'Zetti'. What are the elements that it must or mustn't have? sorry. . .

Donnacr...this link might be helpful in understanding what zettiology is http://www.illustratedatcs.com/info/articles/wt_zetti1.html

Also, if you google images/zettiology you will be able to see TONS of examples... I hope this helps.

I always look forward to making zetti atcs....I think they are so much fun..so whimsical!

NancyL
04-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes, add me to Group 8. I love to do abstracts.

Joss
04-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Welcome sharlene54 (fabric abstract would be great), and welcome NancyL. Group 8 is nearly full, yay.

katelnorth
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Abstract fabric would work nicely for me, too - so can you add me to group 8 as well, Joss?

Joss
04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Brilliant Kate, you're in! Yay group 8 is now full.

NancyL
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
For the Abstract group, we can make use any media?

Joss
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Absolutely Nancy.

kentuckydakota
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
For clarification in group 3, Momoruth would like things found in a car trunk not a storage/suitcase trunk, is that correct?

Joss
04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
That is right kd. That could be almost anything, incluidng a dead body! Just saying.

katelnorth
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
That is right kd. That could be almost anything, incluidng a dead body! Just saying.

Your trunk is obviously more interesting than mine - or should I say boot, being as we are both in the UK!

notinkansas
04-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Your trunk is obviously more interesting than mine - or should I say boot, being as we are both in the UK!

yeah...exactly what are you and jo up to over there? :policeman: LOL

kentuckydakota
04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
That made me chuckle. I've got to go put more interesting things in my trunk!

Joss
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Well Jo and I are certainly not filling our trunk/boot with anything more interesting than shopping bags!
The English language remains a mystery to me, why would anyone call a trunk, a trunk- or a boot a boot? That's not to mention a hood or a bonnet?

kentuckydakota
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, lets see, a hood and bonnet both go on the head so perhaps that's the head of the car and a trunk and boot both go on...um...an elephant in the rain...so...no, the analogy breaks down there. It is odd.

flowerlily64
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Well Jo and I are certainly not filling our trunk/boot with anything more interesting than shopping bags!
The English language remains a mystery to me, why would anyone call a trunk, a trunk- or a boot a boot? That's not to mention a hood or a bonnet?

Hey...shopping bags can be quite interesting...specially if they are full of crafting items OR clothes!

Regarding that body in the trunk of Joss car....I hope you have a very strong bestest friend to help you move it! LOL

RedHeartStudio
04-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Joss....I would love to play too, in group 6!! Theme TBA!!

Joss
04-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Welcome redheart, I am so glad you are playing. We are nearly all full now YAY.

Who said I had a body in the trunk? Wouldn't you like to know what is really in my trunk?

Nancy
04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Joss, I will join group 6 with the theme of Ancient Egypt.......just can't seem to get enough of those beautiful cards.........Thanks, Nancy

Joss
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
That sounds wonderful, will add it right now.

lilywaters
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM
i figured it out- the phoenix rising from the ashes.

katelnorth
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Welcome redheart, I am so glad you are playing. We are nearly all full now YAY.

Who said I had a body in the trunk? Wouldn't you like to know what is really in my trunk?

Of course, after I started all this, I have to confess I have absolutely nothing at all of interest in my boot (trunk). In fact, strictly speaking, I don't even have a boot, as our new car is a 7-seater (I love the spaciousness - especially with three kids, one - and nearly a second - of whom are taller than I am - but we won't get into the challenges of trying to park something that size in London...) and just sort of has a storage space behind the back seats. And the only thing in there is a bag full of reusable shopping bags. Deadly dull, really.

Joss
04-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Parking must be a nightmare indeed. we have a small Honda Jazz and I hardly drive it anymore. But if you were to ask me what junk I have under the stairs,then I could name some wierd and wonderful items. LOL.
(BTW both my sons- grown up- are miles taller than me, they pat me on the head and say 'there there' to me...LOL again)

Donnacr
04-08-2011, 09:13 AM
My 6'3" son has called me 'MiniMum' since the Austin Powers movies - it is very hard to tell someone off when they are over half a foot taller than you :jiggy:

Joss
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
LOL that is so cute, mine is 6' 2".
We have one more place in our challenging collage group, anyone want it?

RobbyGirl
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I'll take the last spot/challenging collage themes. I'll get back with my topic soon.

Linda4atc
04-08-2011, 03:02 PM
LOL I am 5'8" and my son calls me shorty. He is 6'6".

I like to call him, and remind him, that he is still my "baby".

Joss
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Yahooo Robby is with us. Welcome friend. Thanks for joining us. Now we are FULL.

katelnorth
04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Parking must be a nightmare indeed. we have a small Honda Jazz and I hardly drive it anymore. But if you were to ask me what junk I have under the stairs,then I could name some wierd and wonderful items. LOL.
(BTW both my sons- grown up- are miles taller than me, they pat me on the head and say 'there there' to me...LOL again)

Well, I'm hoping mine don't get to be 6'6" as they are girls :) but the eldest, who is only 13, does gloat rather at being taller than me. It's not that I'm that short - I'm about 5'6"... The second, who has always been tall for her age, is 11 and about an inch off my height. My baby is still much shorter. I suppose he might get over 6 foot someday as he is a boy and my DH is just about 6 foot exactly.

Kavka
04-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Ah, I'm jealous of all you tall people. I'm only 5'2''. Plus *both* my parents are taller than me. How does that work?

Joss
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Usually you grow taller than your mom, or is that ths case just with boys? I am only 5' 1 and 1/2" (and very proud of that extra 1/2)

My hubby is 6'2" and so is one of my sons. The other is 5'6 or 7". When they visit and we are all 4 in the kitchen -which is small, I have to say 'beep beep' when I am behind one of them, or they tramp on my toes. Mind you they are both brilliant cooks, can iron and sew on a button, well trained??? Yeh! You bet!

RedHeartStudio
04-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Okay....sorry for the delay!! I would like my theme to be

Frank Miller style - black and white with a touch of red (sin city)

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4RNTM_enUS381US382&biw=1135&bih=564&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=frank+miller+sin+city+art&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=

RobbyGirl
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
My theme will revolve around the Sookie Stackhouse Novels or the True Blood Series based on it.

RobbyGirl
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Group Six for RedHeartStudio Frank Miller Style

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PAT_Frank_Miller_Style_for_RedHeart.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=220137)

Linda4atc
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Well I got my first one done for Group 3, done in acrylic paints.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Kitsune_with_a_Cell_Phone___April_PAT_2011.jpg Kitsune with a Cell Phone

kentuckydakota
04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh well that's just too cute!

Joss
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Wonderful start Robby and Linda.

Kavka
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I love it, Linda! :D

flowerlily64
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
My 6'3" son has called me 'MiniMum' since the Austin Powers movies - it is very hard to tell someone off when they are over half a foot taller than you :jiggy:

Kick him in the shin if he misbehaves LOL. That's what I am threatening my 6' step-son if he is bad (he is only 15 and expected to grow a bit more) :arghh:...Lucky for me he is a good and sweet kid :spinny:

Joss
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Aaaw don't you just love your tall gangly sons, with acne and 'hollow legs' (they are always hungry so i say they have hollow legs)

Joss
04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I got the first set of cards today from kittyNL in Holland, and they are great! Thanks for playing.

Donnacr
04-13-2011, 09:16 AM
oh joss - hollow legs is right!! My son used to walk passed the pantry, inhale and it would be empty - this has only started to slow down now that he is 21. He decided that as he is tall enough he needed to bulk up so is working out at the gym constantly - which means he is hungry AGAIN!?! but he's also pretty hunky, can I say that about my own son?

Joss
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Of course you can call your own son hunky- as long as you don't call his friends hunky too LOL. My sons aren't hunky, one is skinny and the other is more like 'chunky' LOL.

Pikkis
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
My cards for group 5 are ready and I really had fun making these cards and looking for the images to use on them. I hope you´ll be satisfied with the results. Joss, will you pm me your address, please! I only have to make something for you and they are ready to be mailed...

So here they are:
Locks and keys for notinkansas
Coffee for kittyNL
Vintage artist´s tools for louisezee
A Rooster for alanabannana

Joss
04-13-2011, 02:08 PM
That was fast, I like them all. Thanks for playing Pikkis, will pm you my addie right now.

notinkansas
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
oooh, Pikkis, I love it! :)

alanabannana
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
oooo boy, love my rooster. I started gathering some items to start my cards. Maybe tonight I'll get to them.

RobbyGirl
04-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Here's my next one for Katelnorth, Bob Dylan Song "Black Crow Blues" Hope I understood your theme correctly :) If not let me know!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PAT_Black_Crow_Blues_Dylan_Song.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=220781)

katelnorth
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Here's my next one for Katelnorth, Bob Dylan Song "Black Crow Blues" Hope I understood your theme correctly :) If not let me know!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PAT_Black_Crow_Blues_Dylan_Song.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=220781)

Absolutely spot on - in fact, given my huge fondness for crows, this suits me on so many levels!!

Joss
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I think it's wonderful Robs.

Linda4atc
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Cool cards ladies. I'm having one of those senior moments. There is a phone call I have meant to make for a couple days now. Last night I remembered it and it was too late, after bussines hours. Today I remember that memory but not what phone call!!!!

Joss
04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I hate it when that happens too. I now make notes to remind me, then leave them all over the house and forget where I put the reminder notes grrr.

Linda4atc
04-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Well I have a five hour drive tomorrow. Maybe I will think of it during the drive, lots of time to think.

I have my cards for the group 3 done. Still have to decide on a hostess gift. LOL

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Camping_Gear_to_Go_April_PAT_2011.jpg Camping Gear To Go for momoruth

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_The_Lady_of_Shalott_April_PAT_2011.jpg The Lady of Shalott for itti

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Mma_Ramotswe_April_PAT_2011.jpg Mma Ramotswe of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency for kentuckydakota

kentuckydakota
04-15-2011, 02:48 AM
Terrific cards Linda!

Linda4atc
04-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks hun. I actually just completed my hostess card too...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_A_G_for_Joss_April_PAT_2011.jpg A G for Joss

Joss
04-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks Linda, he is so cute. And I adore the no 1 ladies detective agency books too. Can't wait to see them IRL.

RobbyGirl
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
A Phoenix Rising for LilyWaters

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PAT_Phoenix_Rising.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=220954)

Joss
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Another beauty, what vibrancy.

RobbyGirl
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Okay Last one, Egyptian theme for Nancy

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PAT_Egyptian.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=220969)

Linda4atc
04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Cool cards RobbyGirl, I really like the Phoenix!

RobbyGirl
04-15-2011, 07:31 PM
My Cards went postal today Jossie, thanks so much for hosting!

RobbyGirl
04-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Awww Linda what a sweet Giraffe!

Joss
04-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks Robby, can't wait to see them. Thanks for playing.

RedHeartStudio
04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Awesome cards Robin.....love the Phoenix!!!!

Joss
04-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Pikkis cards arrived this monring and they are every bit as gorgeous as here on the thread. Thanks for playing and for my hostess card too.

RedHeartStudio
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Here are my first 2 for Group 6!!

True Blood for Robby girl / Friends don't let friends drink friends!!
Phoenix rising from the ashes for lilywaters / Phoenix & Flames

Joss
04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
They are both fabadabadoolishus Beth!

RobbyGirl
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Oooh Love it Bethy!!

RedHeartStudio
04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Yay!! I am glad you like it Robin!! Thanks for the fab comment Joss!!!!

RedHeartStudio
04-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Here are my second 2 for group 6!

Bob Dylan songs for katelnorth / Rainy day woman #12 & 35 (used a photo I took of a rain puddle in the rocks as the background)

Ancient Egypt for Nancy / Egyptian pharaoh

Joss
04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
You are truly 'cookin'.

Pikkis
04-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow, totally awesome cards Beth :)! I especially love the True Blood and the Egypt-ones, but the others aren´t bad either. Very happy group-members, I´m sure!

Linda4atc
04-22-2011, 09:02 PM
My cards went in the mail this afternoon.

notinkansas
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_hope.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_tools_of_the_trade.jpg my first two for group 5

Pikkis
04-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Notinkansas, adorable cards :)! I love mine and the other one is great too. And I love the colours you´ve used!

Happy Easter everyone!

Joss
04-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Robby's cards are here, and they are every bit a swonderful IRL. Thanks for playing friend.

Lovely start notinkansas.

And happy Easter and Passover to all who celebrate them.

alanabannana
04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
here are my cards for group 5.

katelnorth
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Awesome card, Beth :) Thanks.

Joss
04-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Alana yours are beeoootiful. Thanks for playing.

Pikkis
04-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Love, love the cards of yours alanabannana :)! So happy to be in this great group! Thank you for the sweet card for me, lovely colours!

notinkansas
04-24-2011, 08:14 AM
love my card alana! they are all beautiful!

kentuckydakota
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I just want to say- I love my talented group! Having said that, I'm so jealous of all the other groups too. Amazing work everyone! I'm wishing I was in all groups. What lovely cards

Linda4atc
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Very pretty notinK I love the vintage feel of both and the art stuff in the bottom one!

Happy Holiday everyone.

Kavka
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Finished off my group 1 cards (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=223011). Group 3 is next!

Kavka
04-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Aaaand finished of the group 3 cards (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=223058). Hope everyone likes them!

Joss
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Yahooo I get the raffie in Group1 and it is gorjuss, in fact they are all gorjuss, you have spoilt us lots. Thanks for playing.

itti
04-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Love your cards, Kavka, they're awesome!

Pikkis
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Really talented work in both groups Kavka :)!

Kavka
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
My cards are now in the mail!!

notinkansas
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_Gia_Raffey.jpg
Waaaaay out of my comfort zone...HD giraffe for Joss the hostess with the mostest...

RedHeartStudio
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
well you look very comfortable notinkansas.....it's very good, and soooo cute!!

mrubyjean
04-26-2011, 04:15 AM
That's adorable, notinkansas!

Joss
04-26-2011, 08:46 AM
If this is what you do when uncomfortable, I cannot imagine what you do when really really comfortable wearing fluffy slippers, sitting in front of a roaring fire toasting marshmallows. Love it! Thanks xxx

notinkansas
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
you ladies are wonderful with your kind comments...who knows? With all the encouragement I may start drawing!

Joss
04-27-2011, 09:17 AM
You definitely should draw Kelly, I can't believe that you have never done this before, it will open up a whole new world for you. (all starting with my raffie Yay!)

notinkansas
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
just more comfortable with scissors and glue...must stem from my Kindergarten days...at least now I am allowed to use the pointy scissors! :chatterbox:

Joss
04-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Ha ha you see what an important part we teachers play in your lives. You must be a big girl now if you can use the pointy scissors. LOL

NancyL
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Mine went out yesterday.

Joss
04-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks Nancy.

Joss
04-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Red Heart Studio (Beth's) cards arrived this morning and I am telling you Group 6- you are gonna love your cards. Thanks so much for playing Beth.

alanabannana
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
mailing my cards today

Joss
04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks Alana, can't wait to see them IRL.

RedHeartStudio
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Red Heart Studio (Beth's) cards arrived this morning and I am telling you Group 6- you are gonna love your cards. Thanks so much for playing Beth.

Oh goody, I am glad they made it safe and sound!! thanks!!! :)

goatgirl
04-28-2011, 06:16 PM
You should receive my ATC's shortly!

Joss
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks so much goatgirl, I love all these early cards.

Gerry
04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
My cards are finished, can I have your address please. I will post them to the thread before I send them if I get chance.

Joss
04-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for playing Gerry, I will pm you my address right now.

Gerry
04-30-2011, 02:54 PM
As promised here are my cards for group 7,
Mermaid for Flowerlily64, Cats for Katrinabean86, Cameo for Donnacr & Zetti for Babynavyblue.
The cameo has scanned really bad, it has lots more detail on it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/2_img003.jpg

Joss
05-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Ooooh, great, specially like the cameo.
And kavka's cards arrived yesterday and they are also fabulous. Thanks for playing in my PAT.

Kavka
05-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Yay! Glad they arrived safely!

katrinabean86
05-01-2011, 11:24 PM
lol yay! :D Love my cats :)

kentuckydakota
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Here are my Group 3 cards. They're in the mail today.:)

Joss
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks kentuckydakota, they look wonderful.

katrinabean86
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Oooh. Waterhouse! What an awesome theme idea. I love love love that card. Too bad I never join the challenging ones haha.

kentuckydakota
05-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Can't believe you snagged my source doc from that kb.

itti
05-03-2011, 04:25 AM
great cards KentuckyDakota!!

Kavka
05-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Wonderful cards kentuckydakota! I love mine!

Joss
05-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Cards arrived today from louisezee, they are great! Thanks for playing.

Linda4atc
05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Wow some awsome cards showwing uo in this PAT. Showed my husband the one of my babies that Kentucky maid. He loves it too and wanted to know if I will recieve it.... LOL ... yep mine, all mine!

katrinabean86
05-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Can't believe you snagged my source doc from that kb.

Just because I love that painting :) You did a great job!

kentuckydakota
05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging words friends. Linda I was most worried about your card. Since you love them, wanted to make sure you weren't disappointed. Phew!:)

Joss
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Wait till you all see Alana's cards, they arrived today and are gorjuss too. Thanks for playing Alana.

Joss
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
A 'bumper' day for cards, got three envies today from NancyL, goatgirl and Gerry.
All fantabulous cards, thanks for playing you all.

Linda4atc
05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging words friends. Linda I was most worried about your card. Since you love them, wanted to make sure you weren't disappointed. Phew!:)

Well you did good, better than I would I think. LOL

The one that I worried about was The Lady of Shalot. I enjoy Mysteries so I had lots of ideas for your theme.

A 'bumper' day for cards, got three envies today from NancyL, goatgirl and Gerry.
All fantabulous cards, thanks for playing you all.

I hope mine get there soon....:wideeyed:

alanabannana
05-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Wait till you all see Alana's cards, they arrived today and are gorjuss too. Thanks for playing Alana.

Thanks Joss for the lovely compliment

Joss
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
kentuckydakota's cards are here, whooppeeee and they are fantabulous too. Thanks so much for playing and the cute hostie card too.

kentuckydakota
05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Yay! And you are welcome!

Joss
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I got cards today from 123andpoof. Hanna they are wonderful, thanks for the hostie card too, it's very cute.

Linda4atc
05-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm getting worried...

Joss
05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Sharlene54's cards are here! Yahooo, they are magical, all sewn and the colours are fantastic. Thanks so much for the hostie (beatles card), it rocks!

Don't worry too much Linda, I am sure they will soon be here.

Joss
05-14-2011, 06:11 AM
It's a rainy Saturday here in merry London town, and your cards are here Linda Yay! They are beautifully painted and I love my hostie card too. Thanks for playing in this swap.

Joss
05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Here are mine for group 1.
I will 'send' them to myself right now.
Thanks for playing in my PAT Joss (you nutty woman you!)

72054 angel for kavka

72055 chicken for 123andpoof

72056 Mama and baby for jo.on.the.go

72057 faces for Phoenix

Kavka
05-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Love my angel card, joss!

notinkansas
05-16-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_chanticleer.jpganother for my group 5...one more to go and then I can mail

kentuckydakota
05-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Joss, you nutty woman you, you make me laugh! Your cards are great! The chicken with a banjo is so whimsical and fun.

Joss
05-17-2011, 02:26 AM
notinkansas, cute chickie card.

mrubyjean
05-17-2011, 03:32 PM
My abstracts for Group 8 are done...they are mixed media...the media for each one are listed in my gallery ~

For Katelnorth and Catscrade:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abkatelnorth.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abcatscradle.jpg

For NancyL and Sharlene54:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abnancyl.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_absharlene.jpg

katelnorth
05-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Great cards, mrubyjean - I like mine, but I'd happily home all the others as well...

Joss
05-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Oooh yes they are fantabulous. Thanks for playing Martha.

notinkansas
05-17-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_afternoon_tea.jpg and with this my group five cards are finished...hope to mail before the weekend

RobbyGirl
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Wonderful cards all abound!

katrinabean86
05-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I have one of my cards done for group 7 finally :) This PAT will be my focus now so the others will be out soon. Here it is:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Thar_Be_Mermaids-April_PAT.jpg The larger version is in my gallery :)

Joss
05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
What an interesting card Katrina.

katrinabean86
05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm having a hard time with the zetti one so I keep putting it off, lol. It'll end up being done last. Anyway, here's the next one for my group...cameo

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_April_PAT2.jpg

Joss
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Oooh, yes, I love cameos.

Cat's Cradle
05-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Lovely cards! (starting on mine so I can get them out to England in time!)

My abstracts for Group 8 are done...they are mixed media...the media for each one are listed in my gallery ~

For Katelnorth and Catscrade:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abkatelnorth.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abcatscradle.jpg

For NancyL and Sharlene54:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_abnancyl.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_absharlene.jpg

notinkansas
05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
mailed today!

mrubyjean
05-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I mailed today, also!

Joss
05-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks NIK and MRJ, I look forward to seeing them all.

katrinabean86
05-22-2011, 09:07 PM
One more for Group 7...I'm crawling along with these :p Worked on the zetti so I wouldn't put it off anymore. Just the hedgehog and host gift left and I already know what I'm doing for both :)

Joss
05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Another good one Katrina, can't wait to see them when done.

RedHeartStudio
05-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice Zetti Katrina!!! :)

Tamrantula
05-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Thought I would post a quick note so you don't think I fell off the edge of the world!

I have really been struggling trying to do my PAT cards...got a couple done, but am not happy with them. I really hope to spend Thurs/Fri (my days off this week) on them, and get them into the mail on Saturday....

katrinabean86
05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Okay, last two cards! :) They'll be in the mail tomorrow, Joss! Thanks so much for hosting :)

Hedgehog for Gerry and Host Gift for Joss

Joss
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for another cutie raffie as a host card Katrina.
Thanks Tamrantula for letting us all know how you are getting on.
I will be pm ing lots of people to remind them that the final date for this swap is about 20 days away.

katelnorth
05-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks for another cutie raffie as a host card Katrina.
Thanks Tamrantula for letting us all know how you are getting on.
I will be pm ing lots of people to remind them that the final date for this swap is about 20 days away.

You don't have to PM me, Joss - I do know the deadline is coming up. I have next week off, though, and will get my cards done then - am struggling with ideas for one of the groups - it's a bit hard (well, it was the difficult themes group, lol).

Tamrantula
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
You don't have to PM me, Joss - I do know the deadline is coming up. I have next week off, though, and will get my cards done then - am struggling with ideas for one of the groups - it's a bit hard (well, it was the difficult themes group, lol).

Sheesh! I am struggling and it is an EASY theme group...what would I do if I ever got brave enough to try a difficult theme group? LOL

Joss
05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Wonderful cards arrived today from notinkansas and mrubyjean. Hold on to your hats gals, you gonna love these! Thanks for playing both of you.

Nancy
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I have completed group 4, but 6 is torture and I have only completed one! I am old and never even heard of those themes.. I did go get a Bob Dylan CD....geeze!........ He gives me a headache, and sounds nothing like my Pavaritti and Bocelli LOL.. I WILL somehow get mine in Mondays mail.........

Joss
05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Ha ha Nancy you are just so funny and I couldn't agree more, as for Lady Gaga, I wish someone would GAGA her!

ceejay
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
OKAY - my cards are done, and posted into my gallery. Joss, if you'd like a peek at your hostie, it's under "traded" ... I will get them off into the mail tomorrow morning, for sure.

Joss
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh CJ, I am so thrilled with your hostie card of my darling granddaughter-it is wonderful and I shall cherish it forever.

ceejay
05-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I just knew you'd like it. I had fun making it for you. Thanks a million for hosting.

lilywaters
05-30-2011, 01:39 PM
will be in the post tuesday morning. will post them in my pat gallery as soon as they won't stick to my ascanner.......

katelnorth
05-31-2011, 03:20 AM
OK, Finally I had a chance to get to my cards for Group 6 - I think this may be the last time I try a challenging theme :) I like some of the themes chosen, but I find it a lot hard to do these more narrow themes, whereas with something like "trees" or "black and white" there's a lot more artist's choice... Anyway. I still have group 8 (I think) cards to do - the abstract group - but I know just what I want to do for those, so hope to get them done later today. And then everything in the mail this afternoon or tomorrow, which still leaves plenty of time, Joss, as I'm sure the post won't take more than a day or two.

katelnorth
05-31-2011, 05:47 AM
...and here are my abstract cards. They have scanned pretty well considering there is a lot of purple in them. Everything off to you later this afternoon in the post, Joss! Hoorah.

Joss
05-31-2011, 08:05 AM
WOWSERS Kate, yours are all fantabulous. LOVE them all. Can't wait to see them- know it will be soon.

Katrinabean, yours arrived this morning and they are also fantabulous. Thanks sooo much for playing and fot the cute hostie card too.

Donnacr
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Here are mine for Group 7 - I hope the zetti is correct as I have never made one before
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0071.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0072.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0073.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0074.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0075.jpg

My scanner has muted the colours in the hedgehog and the mermaid - they both look much better in real life :(

katelnorth
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
WOWSERS Kate, yours are all fantabulous. LOVE them all. Can't wait to see them- know it will be soon.

Just back from the post office - they went first class, but may have missed the last collection - can't remember if there's one at 5.30 or not :). Even so, you should have them Thursday at the latest - after all, someone could walk them across London in less time than that!

Joss
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Love the raffie Donna, and the kitties too. That zetti looks perfect to me.

Haha Kate, I bet you and I could meet half way -maybe we should one day! There is a 6.45pm last post here where I live, naa naa naa na na!

katrinabean86
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Aww Donna :) Love your cards. The hedgehogs are so cute and I love my cats!

katelnorth
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Love the raffie Donna, and the kitties too. That zetti looks perfect to me.

Haha Kate, I bet you and I could meet half way -maybe we should one day! There is a 6.45pm last post here where I live, naa naa naa na na!

Maybe we should some time - not that I have any free time... At least I will have some afternoons off next school year :)

As for your late collection, I guess you guys are just special up there north of the River...

Phoenix
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
I want to post my cards here but I want my group to be surprised. If you must see (LOL) the PAT group 1 cards are in my gallery.

I have to say a word about the "Mama and babies" card for jo.on.the.go. Just as I was deciding what animal to use for the card, my cat Bella gave birth to four adorable gray kittens! It is not my best rendering, but a lot of love went into the card!

lilywaters
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
1st-(and most important) katelnorth, you are frickin' nuts. not only have you seemed to nail all the themes, you've done them ALL BEAUTIFULLY-that's right, i'm yelling.

2nd- my stuff is in my gallery hoping they measure up.......
3rd-and then of course in the post.

mrubyjean
05-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Kate ~ Your Group 8 abstracts are beautiful! :jiggy:

Joss
06-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Phoenix those kitties are adorable, and I seea lot of love in the raffie too (thanks).
Yay Lilyw, can't wait to see them IRL. Thanks for playing both of you.

katelnorth
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
1st-(and most important) katelnorth, you are frickin' nuts. not only have you seemed to nail all the themes, you've done them ALL BEAUTIFULLY-that's right, i'm yelling.

2nd- my stuff is in my gallery hoping they measure up.......
3rd-and then of course in the post.

Thanks Lilywaters :) - it's not that I'm not happy with the cards, it's just that I find when the theme is something like a particular TV show or book or something (especially if it's not one I already know anything about), I end up using mostly just found images from the internet, etc, rather than anything I create myself - and somehow that seems like cheating! But I guess there's art in the way the images are arranged, LOL. And I do try to throw in a few extra things where I can...

katelnorth
06-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Kate ~ Your Group 8 abstracts are beautiful! :jiggy:

Thanks - I always have fun with fabric abstracts. Though it's extremely difficult to restrain myself from embellishing the heck out of them! (Perhaps when I have some free time I'll do some for private swapping with beads & charms and whatnot - haven't done that in a while...)

lilywaters
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
joss, into your capable hands, i commend my cards. that is once they are not being handled by our postal friends and are safe in your mailbox. right now they are on their own.

babynavyblue
06-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Here are my sets for both my groups. Hope everyone likes their returns!!!

Joss
06-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Aaaw babynavyblue, I adore them and just in time too. I hope everyone has their cards in the mail by now, as they will need time to get to merry ole England.

Joss
06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Yahoo the postman arrived today with katelnorth and ceejay's cards. And they are magical, you are all gonna swoon over these.
And I adore BOTH my hostie cards- thanks sooo much for playing gals.

(btw the postman told me he left Surrey 52 hours ago and walked all the way Kate-and if you believe that- you'll believe anything.)

katelnorth
06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Yahoo the postman arrived today with katelnorth and ceejay's cards. And they are magical, you are all gonna swoon over these.
And I adore BOTH my hostie cards- thanks sooo much for playing gals.

(btw the postman told me he left Surrey 52 hours ago and walked all the way Kate-and if you believe that- you'll believe anything.)

As it happens, I don't believe it. Surely it wouldn't take 52 hours... According to Google Maps, it's only 17 miles!

Cat's Cradle
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Aaaw babynavyblue, I adore them and just in time too. I hope everyone has their cards in the mail by now, as they will need time to get to merry ole England.
Mine are heading out tomorrow.

Joss
06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Cards arrived today from arlie707. Thanks bev, they are all so cute.
Yay looking forward to seeing yours catscradle.