PDA

View Full Version : Children's Literature Characters ATC Swap-Due June 16th

katrinabean86
04-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Swap Due Date: Cards must be into me by June 16th.
Number of Cards: 3-3 only. All extras will be returned.
Number of Participants: 12 (my first swap! YAY!)
Medium: All types of media allowed.

As this is my first swap, please take the time to read all the information below.

Children's Literature Characters Swap

For this swap, everyone will create three cards that feature characters from children's literature. These characters can be from classic books, such as Peter Pan, Winnie The Pooh, Jungle Book, etc, or from more modern books for children, such as Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Diary of A Wimpy Kid, etc. This is, obviously, not a comprehensive list of examples. You are free to make any characters you wish, well known or not, but please make sure that they are for children; think books that are appropriate for 14 and under.

Creation and Mailing: All media are welcome but please try to be creative. If you are collaging, do not just put an image in the middle of a card. Please try to keep your cards as flat as possible so that shipping is not a nightmare. I will provide envelopes for returns and will cover all internationals. If you are from the USA, please provide loose stamps enough to cover your returns. Also, please include a copy of your address inside the envie (in case the one on the front gets damaged) or send me a pm with your address.

Of course host cards are never required but I will cherish any extra cards that you might wish to send :D Some information that you might include on the back of the card: Your username, the title of the card, the date it was created, your location, the book and/or character that your card depicts, and the swap title.

Don't forget to leave reps (click the 'you rock' button at the bottom of their post) for anyone that you receive cards from (everyone loves to know where their cards end up!), and itrader for me. I will leave itrader for you when I receive cards from you.

Please pm me if you have questions and thank you all for joining my very first swap! You guys rock!

---

Players:

0. Katrinabean
1. Threshold90 Received
2. SunTrade Received
3. Arlie707 Received
4. Mammamia-Withdrew Jennie Received
5. Kentuckydakota Received
6. Cathy1 Received
7. Jesimal Received
8. Jonquil-Withdrew Momoruth Received
9. Sqeek Received
10. Pikkis Received
11. AngelmuzReceived
12. Maineatc Received

Waiting List:
1. ScrapPea
2. Sammylouise40
3. Blanche

Threshold90
04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Im in yay!!!!! :) congrats on ur first

SunTrade
04-09-2011, 10:37 PM
So tired ... I came RUNNING!

Sign me up!

arlie707
04-09-2011, 10:49 PM
What a fun swap! Count me in!

kentuckydakota
04-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Me Me! So excited for your first swap KB! Woot!

Cathy1
04-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Yipee - i'm in for your first swap

Jesimal
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
sounds like a great idea for a swap - would love to take part in your first swap!

jonquil
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM
would love to play in your first swap

katrinabean86
04-10-2011, 03:23 AM
Welcome all! Sorry I got back to you guys so late. Went to go see I Am Number Four finally. Yays! We're more than half way full!

sqeek
04-10-2011, 04:51 AM
I love childern literature I would love to join please.

sqeek
04-10-2011, 04:51 AM
I love childern literature I would love to join please.

Pikkis
04-10-2011, 08:40 AM
One of my favourite themes and I also voted for this, so may I play, please :)!

angelmuz
04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
i wanna play please!!!!

Maineatc
04-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Please sign me up.
Thank you.

Jennie
04-10-2011, 01:25 PM
OH can I play! this was the one theat I picked. I'm glad I saw this before it was filled. I know what characters to use already.

katrinabean86
04-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Welcome Sqeek, Pikkis, Angelmuz, and Mainatc. We are full! Sorry Jennie, :( but I put you on the waiting list!

Btw I'd love to do 1-1 trades since I can only allow 12 the first time. If anyone wants to, please do so! :)

kentuckydakota
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Hopefully a couple of us can do extras so you can have someone to trade with Jennie. It's no fun to miss out on a swap. I hate that 12 people limit but it's probably good to have it. Helps ease hosts into balancing all those trades without pulling their hair out I suppose.

Jennie
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Well If no one leave, and why in the world would they, it's such a cool swap. I'll just hold my breath till I pass out. Of course I'll immediately start breathing again. :cute: I will have a swap in just a couple of months when I'm here 3 months and I'll also be limited. I understand why they do that the first time. Katrina great idea.

katrinabean86
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Let me just say this, unofficially, if you send me cards I can unofficially trade you some cards. They may or may not be cards that are from me and/or other players ;)

kentuckydakota
04-11-2011, 02:09 AM
:D Hee,hee

momoruth
04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
please put me on your waiting list

katrinabean86
04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Sure thing, Momoruth :)

katrinabean86
04-12-2011, 12:11 AM
ScrapPea contacted me through PM, so if you get to the board, you'll see I've added you to the waiting list. I'm going to remind everyone that 1-1 cards are encouraged for anyone on the waiting list, if people would like to make any extras :) Thanks girls (and guys! I always forget not everyone's a girl, haha :D)

ScrapPea
04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks for adding me!! I had been looking and guess I didn't realize mOds would approve something so quickly. I'm certainly interested--this was the one I voted for!! I know 3 people will not drop out of such a cool swap, but I'd consider trades. Unofficially, I wouldn't want your first swap to be overwhelming. Someday I'll have mine and hope my theme is just as cool enough!

katrinabean86
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
No problem, ScrapPea :)

One more thing, fellow swappies! You can draw pictures of characters from books for toddlers and very young children too, like in picture books, so, Spot the Dog, Maisy, any Dr. Seuss Characters, etc.

sammylouise40
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Congrats on your first swap, katrinabean. I'm almost able to host a swap! I'd like to be added to the waiting list please. :)

katrinabean86
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Sure thing, Sammy :)

katrinabean86
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
ooooooh! :D First cards came in today! :) You got me by surprise, maineatc!

I had to look up the books because I'd never heard of any of them, but they're adorable! :) And thanks for the awesome language cards :)

Heading over to leave you some itrader!

kentuckydakota
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Well... don't keep us in suspense. What books were they? Or is it secret?

katrinabean86
04-19-2011, 11:23 PM
oh lol duh, me...They were all from fairly new children's books: Stink for the Stink books, Flat Stanley, and Super Fly Guy :) If you Google them, you'll find them pretty easily. They're one generation behind me so I just missed them.

Pikkis
04-23-2011, 03:11 AM
My children book characters are ready now and here they are. I chose characters that I remember already from my own childhood, but who also attracted my own children. I dont know if they are familiar to you US-people as they all are from European books, but I think they are rather widely known. At the moment Im still wondering a bit, if I should include the name of the character in front of the card or not... But heres some information to you all:

1) Paddington Bear by British Michael Bond
2) Pippi Longstocking (the strongest girl in the world) by Swedish Astrid Lindgren
3) Rasmus Klump by Danish Carla & Vilhelm Hansen
4) Krtek the Little Mole by Czech Zdenek Miler

Cathy1
04-23-2011, 03:50 AM
Pikkis - I certainly know the first two characters but not the second two but the cards are absolutely fantastic. I just love Krtek and am going to google him.

kentuckydakota
04-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Those are great characters. Not familiar with the third and forth but Paddington and Pippi were always favorites and the others are just adorable. Nice choices.

katrinabean86
04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Aww, Pikkis those are great! :) You don't have to put their names on the front if you don't want to. Just make sure they're on the back so that whoever gets them will know which characters they are. :) I love Paddington. I've seen the Mole on postcards but not the books. I'll keep my eye out for them!

SunTrade
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Pikkis your cards are SO CUTE!

Pikkis
04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the encouraging comments, everyone :)! Your words mean a lot to me!

My cards will go into mail tomorrow!

katrinabean86
04-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks for letting me know :) I'll watch for them.

I've been feeling really sick, so if people post in the next few days and I don't say anything, that's why. Stupid cold.

kentuckydakota
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh no. Get better soon!!

katrinabean86
04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm feeling much better, although I still have fish bowl hearing in one ear :p Thanks for the well wishes :)

I got cards in from Jennie. I think the way I'll work it is if no one drops, I'll do a side swap with your cards. Thanks so much for the extra! :) It'll be hard to choose.

Her characters were: Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola (who is super adorable, btw!), Lil Critter from Mercer Mayer's books, All dogs have ADHD (lol :D) by Kathy Hoopman, and Tiny Mouse by Cyndy Szekeres. I'm loving seeing the less common (at least to me) characters! Keep them coming!

Jennie
04-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Katrina you are about my girls ages and these were favorites, except all dogs have ADHD. Which is so true, but it's about accepting and helping people with ADHD. My dogs personality is something like this. Oh mommy that's nice rub my ears, here I'll turn a little for you to rub--- Lizard, and out the door she goes. There is also all cats have asperger. Which any of you with cats will understand. My cards are in my gallery. Thanks

katrinabean86
04-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Aw that's awesome! I'll have to look both of the books up because I'm going into Special Ed, so it's nice to see books about special needs :) I love cats, and the diagnosis sounds kind of valid haha :D

Cathy1
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm a traditionalist and AA Milne and Pooh Bear, Tigger, Eyeore and Piglet were always my favorites. I managed to find some images of them that depicted them how I remembered them. Hope they bring back memories.

katrinabean86
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Aww! :D They're great :) Piglet was always my favorite (three guesses which one I'm keeping :p) Thanks for the extra and can't wait to see them irl!

kentuckydakota
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Aw those were always my favorite too! I love those!

Pikkis
04-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Super cute and happy cards Cathy1 :)!

Threshold90
04-30-2011, 10:11 AM
cathy1-grt cards. I remember watchin that show in day care after school

katrinabean86
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Omg so many gorgeous cards arrived today! :) I got Pikkis' lovely cards! I'm keeping the little mole :) Thanks so much for the stamps as well.

I also got Angelmuz's stuffed envie. You guys are so super generous. :) If you don't mind, I'm going to scan and post your cards because everyone should see them. They're wonderful. It's so hard for me to choose the hostie gift as I love Peter Pan and Wizard of Oz equally!

kentuckydakota
04-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes post them KB! Her camera quit working and I'm dying to see them!:)

angelmuz
04-30-2011, 10:47 PM
thanks girls, yes my camera fritzed out... and just tonight i got a scanner!!whoooo!!Feel free to post them if you wish. I really loved doing this subject... so fun. Peter Pan was my first love when I was 4 or 5 always wanted to fly!!!

katrinabean86
04-30-2011, 11:21 PM
I had a huge crush on Peter Pan when I was little O.O lol. My dad had this fancy letter opener that came in a sheath and looked like a little dagger and I used to pretend that I was adventuring with Peter and would give him his lost dagger :p oh my. 7 years of being an only child will do that to you.

Anyway, here are her cards :D I've decided to keep the card with Dorthy. One of my best friends and I have shared Oz-themed gifts back and forth for years so the books and characters are very dear to me :)

SunTrade
05-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Cathy and katrina your cards are amazing!

I drew mine today. I am going for old school Alice in Wonderland.

Maybe I will paint them tomorrow or Monday.

Hopefully I will have the time.

kentuckydakota
05-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh great cards Tam. I love Christopher Robin. He always reminds me of my own son when he was little.

katrinabean86
05-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Cathy and katrina your cards are amazing!

I drew mine today. I am going for old school Alice in Wonderland.

Maybe I will paint them tomorrow or Monday.

Hopefully I will have the time.

Don't praise me, they're angelmuz's awesome cards ;)

Can't wait to see your cards! You still have plenty of time, so don't stress about getting them done :)

Pikkis
05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
The cards by Angelmuz are fantastic :)! I like all characters, but especially the Wizard of OZ. And Winnie-the -Pooh is so well done too! Id be happy to get any of these...

Threshold90
05-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Those r grt cards :)

SunTrade
05-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I finished my cards. I decided to go for Alice in Wonderland, as is one of my favorite books, and pay tribute to John Tenniel, who was its original illustrator.

I basically drew the same Alice from the book and gave her color.

Hope you all like them!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9750/alicegi.jpg

katrinabean86
05-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Ooh awesome cards! I love Alice in Wonderland :) I've actually read the version that these illustrations are from :) I love the stretched neck. So cool. Can't wait to see them irl! I'm amazed by how awesome you guys are!

Threshold90
05-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Amazing!!! :)

kentuckydakota
05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Those are gorgeous SunTrade! The cards for this swap are all fantastic!

SunTrade
05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you!

Indeed this swap has been amazing! All cards are just great!

katrinabean86
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
So glad it's going so well! :) You guys rock. I'm going to try to make enough cards to send one to every participant...we'll see if it'll get done. I'm hoping I can. I'd love to thank all of you for being so great!

kentuckydakota
05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Wow! I will cherish any card you want to send my way! What a lovely idea!

SunTrade
05-02-2011, 05:15 PM
So glad it's going so well! :) You guys rock. I'm going to try to make enough cards to send one to every participant...we'll see if it'll get done. I'm hoping I can. I'd love to thank all of you for being so great!

Katrina that is so sweet! But do not over stress yourself!

This is a fantastic swap and a great idea! I always love painting cartoons, and story characters.

katrinabean86
05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Kept putting it off, but since it's May already, and I have 12 cards to potentially make, I started on the gifts :) If you have a strong preference for one of the cards, let me know. If you don't really care which card you get, I'll give you one of the ones that people haven't claimed yet. I loved making these but I'm really glad I started now, as they took about three hours from sketch to color :p I love Dr. Seuss, as you can tell, lol. Expect more characters from him. Happy art-making, everyone!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/large/1_ATC_Child_Lit_Swap_Gifts1__640x536_.jpg

Kentuckydakota asked for the Cat in the Hat, so that one's going to be hers :)

Cathy1
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Katrina, these are absoluetly awesome and you are really fantastic to make a gift card for everyone in your swap - can I have them all :) ahhhhhh maybe not better leave some for the others

katrinabean86
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
:notworthy:

You girls rock so much! Got cards in from Cathy1 and SunTrade! I can't tell you how beautiful these cards are in person. Wish you could all see them because the scans just don't do them justice. Heading off to leave itrader for you guys. :)

kentuckydakota
05-06-2011, 02:54 AM
My cards are slowly taking shape. Here is the first. Hans Christian Anderson is one of my fav children's story tellers. So many characters to choose from- The Little Mermaid, The Ugly Duckling, The Princess and the Pea. Great stories and characters! I finally landed on "The Little Match Girl".

katrinabean86
05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Aw how beautiful! I always love your cards :) That story always makes me cry. Disney did a really beautiful short video version of the story.

Jennie
05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
My cards are slowly taking shape. Here is the first. Hans Christian Anderson is one of my fav children's story tellers. So many characters to choose from- The Little Mermaid, The Ugly Duckling, The Princess and the Pea. Great stories and characters! I finally landed on "The Little Match Girl".
I love her face. It's so perfect

Katrina all of the cards are so cute. You are such a sweet host.

SunTrade
05-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Katrina i love your cat in the hat!

katrinabean86
05-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks! :) When I do the next batch of cards, I think I'll do another one from that book, so if you'd like it, I'll save it for you :)

kentuckydakota
05-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Two more cards. Pinocchio and Bilbo Baggins

katrinabean86
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Ooh. Those are fantastic :) How whimsical and lovely. I watched that creepy version of the Hobbit (the cartoon one) obsessively when I was younger, and then I finally read it when I was in my teens. Great cards!

SunTrade
05-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Beautiful kentuchydakota!

Jennie
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
kentuckydakota, those are 2 more wonderful cards. I love your cards though

kentuckydakota
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks much. I did Reepicheep from the Chronicles of Narnia as well and then didn't scan it before I mailed it. Oh well, someone will be surprised with him. Such a fun swap- memories of childhood, curled up with a good book on rainy afternoons.
My son is reading Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong. It's the first book he's really gotten into and when he describes it to someone he slips and calls it a movie he's reading. Guess he really pictures the action!:)

katrinabean86
05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Lol how cute! :) I've heard of Dragonsong, and I'm a sucker for YA so if it's that good maybe I'll check it out. If you want me to scan it in for you, just let me know :)

kentuckydakota
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
The Dragonsong trilogy, if you like fantasy, is a must read. They're classics. I read them in Jr. High and again in my adult years and thoroughly enjoyed them both times. I also recommend "The White Dragon" by the same author but only after reading the trilogy-there is a lot of story arc throughout that is set up in the first books.

And thank you for offering to scan for my dopey self, but I expect you've got your hands full with gathering returns and making all those extras. It's truly fine.

katrinabean86
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Aw, sorry to see you go mammamia, but thanks for your interest. Maybe next time. So, good news Jennie! That means you're officially in and the cards I've already received are not contraband lol.

Jennie
05-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I knew it was meant to be. EEEEE

Blanche
05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I would like to be put on the waiting list for this swap if I may. Thank you so much!

katrinabean86
05-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Sure thing, Blanche :)

Btw, I got beautiful cards from KentuckyDakota today. Thanks for the fantastic extra...not sure which one I'll take yet. Btw, she included quotes from the stories. Awesome, thank you!

kentuckydakota
05-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Yay so glad that they got there! And yes it is fun to have a little of the flavor of the story when you do characters isn't it? Have you all seen the Original Character Swap that's up now where you get to make up your own story character and then give a bit about their personality or backstory? Too fun!

Jesimal
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
mine have gone postal today!!

katrinabean86
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Yay! :) Thanks for letting me know, Jesimal!

katrinabean86
05-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Just a reminder to all the international players, it is now the 24th of May and the swap will be ending in a little over three weeks. It usually takes at least a week for international mail, so keep that in mind when you are sending your cards out. Please let me know if you are having any trouble with mailing because I would really rather not give you a neutral. Thanks everyone :)

That reminds me...I have three weeks to make cards too! haha :)

katrinabean86
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Jesimal! You've outdone yourself :) Would you like me to scan them in to show everyone a preview? They're Winnie the Pooh themed as well and they are beyond adorable. Thank you so much for the host card!

And, ladies and gentleman (Blake, I think you're the only guy if I'm correct) that puts us at just over half received! Yay!

Threshold90
05-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Lol most o the time im the only guy haha

arlie707
05-29-2011, 12:28 AM
My cards are done and will be in the mail Monday. Thanks for a fun swap!
My cards can be seen in my gallery - finally uploaded a few cards!

katrinabean86
05-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Yay! I'll check them out now. Thanks so much Arlie! :)

katrinabean86
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Okay so the withdrawal date has technically passed but I'm just putting this out there: this is your last chance to withdraw from the swap.

If you think you have a chance that you might not be able to finish cards in time, please let me know so that someone from the wait list can have a chance. There are still two weeks but I just want to make sure it doesn't get down to last minute withdrawals.

katrinabean86
06-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Jonquil had to withdraw. I've sent a pm to momoruth asking if she'd like to join instead. If anyone else has a feeling they won't finish, please do let me know, as we have a full waiting list. Thanks, everyone, for being so quick with responses :)

katrinabean86
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks for joining us, Momoruth :) Can't wait to see your cards!

katrinabean86
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
More gifties for you guys :) Remember, if you have a preference, let me know and whoever asks first will get the card. Five more and you'll all be getting one!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/large/1_ATC_Host_Gifts2__640x533_.jpg

kentuckydakota
06-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh those are precious! I loved all of those books and you've done a wonderful job illustrating them!

Jennie
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
OH OH OH!!!!!! May I have if your give a mouse a cookie please. When I worked at a teacher store I was the only one that fit into the suits of the characters that would be sent to us. So I've been cookie mouse, clifford the big red dog, Cat in the hat, ( that one was heavy to wear), the wild thing and a few others. The kids at the schools loved them. We'd do a group of 6 schools in a day, because we only had the outfit for 1 week. By the end I took a few days off because I was so dehydrated, and tired from the big suits. I think back and it was really fun.

katrinabean86
06-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Aww how cute! Yes, no one has asked for it so I'll put it with yours, Jennie :) I love that book. It's one of the ones I remember the best from when I was a kid. I actually didn't even read Harold and the Purple Crayon until I was like 14 or 15 and saw it in a bookstore. I love it, though.

By the way, the other characters I'm doing for my last five cards are: 2 from Winnie the Pooh (at this rate, everyone's going to get a Pooh themed card, lol), 1 Babar card, 1 of the Hungry Caterpillar, and one of Benjamin Bunny :) Working on them tonight and this weekend.

Cathy1
06-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi Katrina, if possible I would love a Winnie the Pooh card.. Thank you soooooo much

katrinabean86
06-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Cool :) I'm making two. One with Pooh, and one with Pooh and Piglet. Got sucked into watching Love Bites on NBC, so I didn't work on cards, lol. But I'll post previews so you can see. And Jesimal also made some Pooh themed cards as well.

Edit: Okay, well, I lied. I did work on some cards afterall lol. Thank you, dinner coffee, for keeping me away past midnight lol. Here are the two Pooh cards. Let me know which one you'd like and I'll save it for you, Cathy :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/large/1_ATC_Swap_Gifts3.jpg Kind of hurt Piglet's ears while gluing him...hence the red dot. :p

Cathy1
06-03-2011, 05:09 AM
OMG they are both fantastic - I love them but I think I love the antique friends the best. My cards to you were Pooh,Piglet,Tigger and Eyeore so it is nice to get one of my favorite stories back. You are a legend making extra cards for your players. Thank you so much.

Pikkis
06-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Wonderful Pooh-cards :)! If the other one is still available, Id like to have that one, if possible... You are an amazing hostess, making everyone a gift!!!! I never would be able to do that...

katrinabean86
06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll save them both for you :) I cleared out all the other swaps around mine so that I would have time to make them. It'll never happen again, mind you lol. It's just for my first one :) And because I love books and children's literature. So glad you guys are liking the cards!

kentuckydakota
06-03-2011, 12:56 PM
You mean for your second swap you don't want to make 20 gift cards and your 3rd 30? Heavens, why not???:D

katrinabean86
06-03-2011, 04:07 PM
lol XD I could but it would be a record lol. If I stitched cards, or used fabric or something, I feel like it would go faster and I could probably do it. Or if I made all the cards the same, but that's no fun. Drawing them definitely takes way longer lol.

Received cards from Arlie707 today! Yay! :) Thanks so much for the stamps and the extra. four more if my count is correct.

Nevermind, it's three more! Yay! I kept counting myself for some reason, haha :)

katrinabean86
06-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Okay, everyone gets a card because I've finished the last three! :D If you have a preference and haven't asked me for one of the cards yet, let me know before I swap out in 11 days! Three more people to send in cards and I can start swapping :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/large/1_Swap_Gifts4.jpg

kentuckydakota
06-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Gorgeous! For those of you out there, my fellow swappers, who don't really want one of KB's gift cards...you know who you are...You're thinking "I already have enough cuteness, enough wonderful cards, one more will be just too many." Well I'd like to volunteer to take them off your hands. You can just pm our host and tell her you'd like to donate yours to the "More cute cards for kentuckydakota" card fund. (Is this convincing anyone?):D

katrinabean86
06-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Okay friends! There are only eight days left. If you haven't started on your cards, now would be the time. Since the last three of you are all in the US, shipping shouldn't take that long. But please try not to wait until the last minute. I'm willing to wait a few days extra if they are sent *before* the final date. If the postmark is after the 16th, however, I'm going to have to return them to you. I really don't want to have to do that, so please try to make it on time. Just a reminder :) Happy arting!

momoruth
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Mine have been mailed...this was lots of fun!!

kentuckydakota
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Aw, look at that cute duckling. Great work!

katrinabean86
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Hooray Momo! So glad you got a chance to be in because your cards are wonderful! Thanks so much for taking the time to make me an extra :) I'll look out for them!

katrinabean86
06-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Thresh and Squeek, you guys have four days until the swap's over. If you mail tomorrow you'll probably make it. Are you still sending cards in?

Threshold90
06-13-2011, 09:45 AM
U live like n hr frm me. Mine r going out tod. Shld mk it in a day or 2 ;) ty

katrinabean86
06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
lol I know. I just wanted to make sure to remind you guys. Thanks for letting me know.

Jennie
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Only 3 days and we will get cards soon. Yea!

katrinabean86
06-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Forgot I got cards from Ruth :) Thank you thank you thank you for the extra stamps and the collage materials! I'm going to have a really hard time choosing a card! Can't believe the swap will be over in less than three days (counting hours lol). Thanks so much for making it such a great success!

By the way, if you want to request a gift card, these are the ones that are still available:

Harold and the purple crayon, Tock from the Phantom Tollbooth, The giving tree, Paddington, Horton from Dr. Seuss, Benjamin Bunny, the Hungry Caterpillar, & Babar. If you've asked me for one of these, I have forgotten, so please remind me, lol :)

katrinabean86
06-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Lol wow! I know you're closeby, but one day?! Your cards are here, Thresh. Wow. Lol I am so boggled in my mind about how they made it here so fast....Thank you for the collage material. His cards are from the Mr. Frog and Mr. Toad books. I was actually surprised no one had sent cards in for those characters earlier. Okay, Squeek, we're looking at you. No pressure lol. :)

kentuckydakota
06-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I thought about Frog and Toad, Wind in the Willows, Velveteen Rabbit. Watership Down...etc, etc. So many good characters. How to choose? So glad Frog and Toad made it in! Yay Thresh!

Jennie
06-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I didn't even think of all these classics when I did my cards. I went straight to what I read the girls to sleep with. There were 3 things every book had to have. 1. it couldn't be more than 50 pages, 2. it had to be very colorful, 3. and it had to have characters that spoke so I could do silly voices.

katrinabean86
06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Aw how cute! :) I try to do the voices sometimes when I babysit but it doesn't always work. Btw, swappies, Sqeek said her cards are on the way, so I should be swapping out this weekend! Thank you all so much for making this first swap so special!

Jennie
06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Oh I can't wait! I love swapies. Glad that Sqeek finally chimed in. She missed all the fun of us talking.

katrinabean86
06-16-2011, 09:46 PM
lol true :) We did have some awesome showing off here. No cards today but I feel them coming. They should be here tomorrow. I can feel their arrival.

kentuckydakota
06-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Use the force Luke

katrinabean86
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Sqeek's card's have arrived and the lateness is all on me because I'm sure it was here on Thursday. It slipped between two magazines and I didn't see it until I checked again today. So that means I'll begin the process of swapping out today and tomorrow and will probably have all the envies ready on Monday or Tuesday. Sorry to make you worry, Sqeek!

I'll post a picture of all the cards together before I swap, because it's quite a massive amount of wonderful, beautiful cards :) Thank you all so much! This has been more than wonderful!

Btw, Sqeek's characters were the Wild Things, Fancy Nancy, the Cat in the Hat, and one of Mercer Mayer's Little Monsters.

kentuckydakota
06-18-2011, 02:44 PM
OO thanks for showing them to us! Can't wait to see them all. You know, I'm not sure what it entails but this would be a fun one for the swap gallery. Just a thought ;)

Jennie
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
You have been such an incredible host. I can't wait to get my cards but you also made the swap fun to read daily. :yes:

katrinabean86
06-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks, girls :) I'd gladly make a swap gallery page if someone could explain how lol :)

katrinabean86
06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Okay, I've done the first pass of swapping. Now I have to go through and make sure no one got duplicates or their own cards back and also make sure that how I swapped them is fair to everyone, oh, and add the gifts for people who didn't specify a card. I also scanned one card from each person so that if I can figure out how to make a gallery thing I can do it. I'll post the pictures I took of the cards in the next post :)

katrinabean86
06-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Okay! Everyone's cards are in their envelopes and sealed. I'm sending half on Monday and half on Tuesday (since they're leaving from my own mailbox, I don't want to PO the mailman lol).

However, for my two Canadian players, please let me know how to go about mailing. Angelmuz, I know you said I can wait and check in again with you. Bev (Arlie707) please let me know if you want me to send them now. I know there's a mail stoppage right now, but I don't know if it's the entire country, so if either of you are getting mail and want me to send the cards to you with the others, let me know.

Also, here are the two sets of pictures I got of the cards. The smaller set is my host gifts. Holy cow you guys are awesome. Look at all of them! And for the few who I didn't get host gifts from, I got extra stamps! I have a few US swaps worth of stamps extra! And the larger image is all of your beautiful work (minus the hosties).

Please leave itrader for me and reps for your card artists. You girls (and guy ;)) rock so much! I'm so honored to have shared this swap with you all! Don't get me all teary eyed lol...I'm super emotional atm as it is!

Cathy1
06-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Wow what great looking cards - been admiring what has been posted to the thread during the swap - everyone is going to be sooooooo pleased with their returns. And thank you KB for being such a great hostess.

kentuckydakota
06-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Those are so much fun! What beautiful, creative cards we've had in this swap! Thanks KB. This was a super fun swap!

sqeek
06-19-2011, 06:01 PM
The cards are all beautiful! Thanks so much for being such a great hostess what a fun swap.

katrinabean86
06-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Okay, so, actually I ended up sending everyone's out except Arlie707 and Angelmuz. My mailman's fairly forgiving haha. And this is the guy who's nice (we have several different people in any given week but it was our main mailman today). So, you should all be getting your cards soon. I've sent PMs to my country-neighbors. Hopefully this mail strike ends soon :(

SunTrade
06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
O got mine today! Yeee haw!

I left trader and your rocks for all! Love all my returns!

katrinabean86
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Hurray! First cards arrived :) Thanks so much for playing, SunTrade!

Threshold90
06-24-2011, 04:24 AM
thanks to katrinabean86 for hosting, and TY to Jesimal, jennie, maineatc, and katrinabean86 for their grt cards :D

SunTrade
06-24-2011, 02:13 PM
:jiggy:

katrinabean86
06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Four out of ten have been received now :) It makes me so happy that you all are enjoying your returns :) If I didn't have so much work to do this summer, I might start hosting my second but I better wait a bit and see how student teaching and my super hard class goes first.

Jennie
06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I got my cards today First Katrina you are the bestest host ever, thank you for the card.\

Thank you artists Maineatc, Arlie707, and momoruth- I love my cards

kentuckydakota
06-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Love my cards! They came while I was on holiday so I had to wait to see them. They were definitely worth the wait. Thanks Katrina- you have the hostess "gift" as my mother would say. Love my Cat in the Hat and wonderful cards from SunTrade, Arlie707, and Pikkis. Y'all are the best!!!

Pikkis
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Yippee, my fabulous returns arrived yesterday and Im so happy with them :)! First of all, special thanks to our amazing hostess Katrina for hosting and making us all the extra card! I love my Winnie the Pooh. And thanks also to Angelmuz, Sqeek and Jennie for the lovely cards!

katrinabean86
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm so glad to hear that they are making their way across the ocean :) also I've hard that the Canadian strike has ended so I'll be sending those out too. Angelmuz I'm sorry I need hour address again.

kentuckydakota
06-30-2011, 02:44 AM
KB you may have to pm her. She hasn't been visiting the site since she couldn't send cards- too hard to see what she's missing I'm sure.

katrinabean86
06-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah I have pm'ed her a couple of times so if she doesn't get back to me I'll have to see what else I can do. I'll check if her email is on there.

kentuckydakota
06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll email her and give her a kick in the tushy for ya

katrinabean86
06-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Okay I received pm's from angelmuz and arlie707 and the strike is over, so they'll both go out tomorrow! :) So glad you girls were patient but even happier that I get to send off your beautiful returns.

Cathy1
07-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Fabulous cards arrived today from Pikkis, Tresh and Kentuckydakota, and of course my lovely Pooh and Piglet card from KB. You really excelled as a hostess - congratulations on your swap.

katrinabean86
07-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Aww thanks, Cathy! It was such a pleasure to have another one of your cards! I'm thinking up what to do for the next one, but it won't be posted until at least August, after student teaching is over...I'll keep thinking on it :)

katrinabean86
07-09-2011, 09:11 PM
four more people have yet to check in that their cards made it. I'm going to give it another week before closing this out. I've looked around at the templates for gallery pages and I'm going to try to whip one out for this. Thank you all so much :)

arlie707
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
My, oh so sweet, cards arrived today! I love, love, love them!
Thanks to Threshold 90, Jesimal and SunTrade for such great cards! Thanks Katrina for such a fun swap and for my Harold and the purple Crayon card! Love it!

lemurkat
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
If you want me too, Katrina, I'll make a gallery page. Are you able to scan cards at all? If not, can you photograph some from directly above so that they look rectangular? I will also pillage the thread for uploaded images.

katrinabean86
07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I scanned one from each person :) They are all rectangle, but not all the same orientation. Some are landscape, some are portrait. Thank you so much! I'd love for everyone to see the cards.

katrinabean86
07-12-2011, 11:42 PM
All returns should be in now! Don't know if any of you are still reading these, haha, but if you are, watch for the gallery page. Lemurkat graciously helped make one and it's gorgeous! So Thank you all for a great swap and see you in the next one! I'll pm you when I know what it is going to be :) You all rock. Thank you!!

kentuckydakota
07-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Can't wait to see it! Yay!