ICraft
04-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Beeswax or Soywax ATCs and APC Swap

Due Date: June 10th, 2011

Sign-up Deadline: June 3, 2011

Withdraw by: June 3, 2011

Number of ATCs or APCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6

Number of Participants: 40

Technique: Beeswax or Soy Wax ATCs or Altered Playing Cards - added embellishments are welcome but please make sure they are very secure - it makes me sad to find someone’s pretties in the bottom of their envelope.

For any beginners or anyone who would just like to review an awesome instructional article written by mrubyjean - below you will find the link.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5956

Here is another link to some tips and hints regarding beeswax cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19305

Since this is a technique swap - sharing of tips and ideas is encouraged and greatly appreciated. If you have something to share please write Tip: in red at the beginning of the post with the actual tip in black.

Points to remember:

*All ATCs and APCs must be 3 x 2 and made of sturdy cardstock or playing card - if your card is made of something thinner please mount it on heavy cardstock.

*This will be a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 swap. As always a host card is not necessary but is most graciously welcomed, enjoyed and appreciated.

*PLEASE NEATLY include your name, user name, the swap name, title or number of your card, and where you live on the back of each card.

Mailing:

Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

If you are new to swapping or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

U.S. Players: Along with your cards please send a label with your name and address and 64 cents worth of loose postage. Please DO NOT send an envelope - I will provide them.

International Players: Along with your cards please send a label with your name and address - I will cover ALL international players postage.

Itrader/Rep. Points: I will leave Itrader comments for all players when I mail out your cards - in return please leave me an Itrader when you receive your swapped cards. A blurp on the forum thread that your cards arrived is always nice and please remember to leave rep points for the artists you received cards from.

Here is a link to the easiest way I have found to find the players and leave the rep points everyone loves.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=915142

*Everyone loves to see what players are making so if you are able please post your scans or photos of your cards for all to see. Here is a link to the easiest step-by-step no fail instructions. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=924375#post924375

Welcome to the swap!

Players: Me of course

1. goatgirl - Oregon - cards arrived
2. theweavershand - Texas
3. HHC - Washington - cards arrived
4. mrubyjean - Washington - cards arrived
5. studio39designs - New Mexico - cards arrived
6. catscradle - Northern New York State - withdrawn
7. maggiebloom - Montreal, Canada - cards arrived
8. trinitysmomma07 - Texas - cards arrived
9. jaw - Washington - cards arrived
10.aznfg - Arizona
11.SOTO - Arkansas - cards arrived
12.Donnacr - Austalia - cards arrived
13.Evalila - Germany - cards arrived
14.Mariak - Kentucky
15.alanabannana - Connecticut - cards arrived
16.Evie11 - Maryland
17.sharlene54 - New Jersey - cards arrived
18.Wil Opio Oguta - Netherlands - temp in the U.S. - Minnesota - cards arrived
19.minnkel - Minnesota - cards arrived
20.catsie - Texas
21.Sparkly Girl - Florida - cards arrived
22.Elena - New Jersey - cards arrived
23.Cardmama - Missouri - cards arrived
24.lafaver55 - Oklahoma - cards arrived

goatgirl
04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Oooh, am I the first one to sign up? :)

ICraft
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Yea - gee I was getting nervous - I love beeswax and I was starting to wonder where fellow fans were. Thanks for joining!

theweavershand
04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
count me in, too!!

HHC
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey Dena, sign me up! You know how I love beeswax. :)

ICraft
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Hooray- hooraw!!! Glad to have you theweavershand and HHC!

mrubyjean
04-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I really can't resist ~ please sign me up, too!

studio39designs
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I"m not sure that I really have the time for this swap, but the curiousity factor here (I've never worked with beeswax) is just too high - please sign me up!! Thanks:spinny:

Cat's Cradle
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Cool! Thanks for the invite!! I just dyed some paper towels for use in beeswax collage!

Cat's Cradle
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
So, we can do either APCs or regular ATCs, right? I may send in 3 of each if that's okay.

ICraft
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
So, we can do either APCs or regular ATCs, right? I may send in 3 of each if that's okay.

Yes you may do either ATCs or APCs or a combination - whatever you like!

Welcome, welcome new friends and old (no I don't mean age) - so happy to have you joining the swap - mrubyjean, studio39designs (you won't be sorry you took the plunge into beeswax - it is so much fun) and catscradle.

Donnacr
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I would love to sign up to this swap.

I am hosting the May PAT and plan to make it a techniques swap so it will be including a beeswax and napkins group if anyone is interested in joining. Cards will be due July 16th and the PAT thread should be open on May 1 (with a link in my signature).

Cat's Cradle
04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I would love to sign up to this swap.

I am hosting the May PAT and plan to make it a techniques swap so it will be including a beeswax and napkins group if anyone is interested in joining. Cards will be due July 16th and the PAT thread should be open on May 1 (with a link in my signature).
Cool! I'll have to watch for that one.

maggiebloom
04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm ready to play! Maggie

Just Ducky
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I thinking that maybe HOT WAX and Duck feathers might be an added interest...
but then maybe NOT a good idea...

Dena, you know I'm gonna need lots of support with this swap... but I see you have
MyRubyJean joined in .... so with the 2 of you gals, I going to give it a big TRY...

mrubyjean
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Hurray Ducky...brave of you...I know you can do beautiful things with wax!

jaw
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Oh! Thank you so much for the invite!! I would love to join this swap! Sign me up!!! :O)

ICraft
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM

Yes you may do either ATCs or APCs or a combination - whatever you like!

Welcome, welcome new friends and old (no I don't mean age) - so happy to have you joining the swap - mrubyjean, studio39designs (you won't be sorry you took the plunge into beeswax - it is so much fun) and catscradle.

ICraft
04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Welcome to maggiebloom, Just Ducky, and jaw. I'm so glad to have you all and yes very brave of you Just Ducky[/COLOR] - I promise to be here through the thick and thin of Beeswax cards! haha

aznfg
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm ready to plug in my pot and get out the napkins. Sign me up.

SOTO
04-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Yes, I want to try this!

SOTO

ICraft
04-28-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm ready to plug in my pot and get out the napkins. Sign me up.

I've been thinking about trying the beeswax with a pot - uh oh I see another craft purchase in my near future.

Thanks for joining the swap aznfg and SOTO - I'm getting very excited.

Donnacr
04-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Don't forget me :sad: can I join please?

Evalila
04-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the invite, Dena! Id love to join!

ICraft
04-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Oops - sorry about that Donna - Ducky was chatting in my ear and I missed your name.

Welcome also to Evalia - glad you could join!

craftyvox
04-28-2011, 06:30 AM
I love playing around with beeswax (love the smell!) though it's a bit tricky for me to work with since .. I don't have a craft iron hah! I put my pellets down on a aluminumfoil-covered-plate, melt it with my heattool (the one I use to melt embossing powder?), quickly dip in a brush while its melted to add some to my card, and have to rinse&repeat this about 100 times to get enough melted beeswax on there and to adhere the napkins.. LOL. So while I love playing around with napkins and beeswax, it's such an ordeal I don't really do it often :( I really wish I could locate an (affordable) craft iron with a Dutch powerplug somewhere heh!

Lurking for a bit -- should finish some other swaps before signing up for new ones, as I don't want to overwhelm myself and be in to many swaps with my current healthissues going on! :)

Evalila
04-28-2011, 06:41 AM
craftyvox, I use a small travel iron I got on ebay for 5 or 6 . This works very well for me. Maybe this is an option?

alanabannana
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Oh heck, I have everything out for this, did my napkin beeswax cards for goldenwolf's 4th stash swap, so I would love to do this one too!!!

SOTO
04-28-2011, 09:42 AM
The excellent tutorial suggests using glossy card blanks. Would this technique work as well with plain cardstock first coated with gloss gel medium before applying wax?
I'm unable to locate the glossy cards locally.
Thanks so much.
SOTO

sharlene54
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Good morning. I would love to join. Thanks for asking.

Cat's Cradle
04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
The excellent tutorial suggests using glossy card blanks. Would this technique work as well with plain cardstock first coated with gloss gel medium before applying wax?
Thanks so much.
SOTO
PM me your addy and I'll send you some glossy photo paper cut to ATC size.

mrubyjean
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks so much.
SOTO

As long as the surface is smooth, that would probably work too, SOTO.

And you can use other non-glossy surfaces, you just end up using more wax and the colors are darker and less translucent...like this card, which is has beeswax and napkin images on watercolor paper ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_27C.jpg

Glossy paper is just the easiest paper to use to get a nice finished look.

Cat's Cradle
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_27C.jpg

This is gorgeous!!

jaw
04-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I love playing around with beeswax (love the smell!) though it's a bit tricky for me to work with since .. I don't have a craft iron hah! I put my pellets down on a aluminumfoil-covered-plate, melt it with my heattool (the one I use to melt embossing powder?), quickly dip in a brush while its melted to add some to my card, and have to rinse&repeat this about 100 times to get enough melted beeswax on there and to adhere the napkins.. LOL. So while I love playing around with napkins and beeswax, it's such an ordeal I don't really do it often :( I really wish I could locate an (affordable) craft iron with a Dutch powerplug somewhere heh!

Lurking for a bit -- should finish some other swaps before signing up for new ones, as I don't want to overwhelm myself and be in to many swaps with my current healthissues going on! :)

Couldn't you just put a few pellets on your card, hit it with the heat tool and spread it around from there?

SOTO
04-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks, mrubyjean;
I will try it on the blanks I have, and also experiment with glossy photo paper.

SOTO

craftyvox
04-28-2011, 03:29 PM
craftyvox, I use a small travel iron I got on ebay for 5 or 6 . This works very well for me. Maybe this is an option?

Oh, now there's an idea! I should be able to find a travel sized iron somewhere here /nods It might even be cheaper then a real craft iron too! going to check it out -- thanks for the suggestion!

I've worked with this technique on just plain smooth cardstock and it works fine. The paper does soak up quite a bit of the beeswax and makes your card somewhat 'see through'.. I haven't tried the technique on glossy photopaper myself yet so I wouldn't be able to tell you the real difference heh.

Couldn't you just put a few pellets on your card, hit it with the heat tool and spread it around from there?

Never tried that.. but I think it might make it more difficult. The pellets tend to move around when I hoover the heattool over it and when there's more of them on the plate once one melts a little it holds the rest together as well. In itself the way I work right now does work, it just takes a bit of extra time and practice. And it does suck when while adding the top layer of beeswax with the brush, I somehow manage to move or crinkle up the top layer of napkin.. and sometimes that happens several times in a row which is frustrating haha!

ICraft
04-28-2011, 03:41 PM
GLOSS PAPER TIPS:

Wow - I have a lot to catch up on here but to quickly address the gloss paper issue here's a couple of ideas. Many notecards - even the very inexpensive ones are usually glossy - I buy the cheap ones cut the front off and use the back part - I make sure to buy white or light color cards - the notecard size usually will give you 2 perfect ATC size cards if you just cut that back piece in half.

Also if you have a craft or art store that doesn't technically carry gloss paper look in the art section for drawing and painting - they usually have large almost poster size papers - look them over and feel for the gloss slick texture - the one I found had a pearly finish and worked great - I was able to cut it into a bunch of ATCs.

ICraft
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks so much.
SOTO

I don't think the gel medium would be conducive to the heat or adhering of the wax see my above note on ideas for gloss paper - also I have used regular cardstock but you will need to put another piece on the back of it as the wax many times soaks through regular card stock.

ICraft
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Craftvox - QUOTE - Never tried that.. but I think it might make it more difficult. The pellets tend to move around when I hoover the heattool over it and when there's more of them on the plate once one melts a little it holds the rest together as well. In itself the way I work right now does work, it just takes a bit of extra time and practice. And it does suck when while adding the top layer of beeswax with the brush, I somehow manage to move or crinkle up the top layer of napkin.. and sometimes that happens several times in a row which is frustrating haha![/QUOTE]

I have an idea - what about putting the pellets in your aluminum thing, warm them until they are pliable then take a few out an press it onto the card (they should adhere and not move) then heat it to the melting point and spread it with a small spatula. I frequently break off chunks of my wax and put in on my cards and hit it with the heat gun and it works well. I do also have a small craft iron but I do both techniques.

ICraft
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Glad to have alanabannana(whew - good thing you didn't put away your supplies :jiggy:), Evie11, and sharlene54 join the swap - we are going to have a blast.

Thanks to all the players who are already sharing tips, hints and ideas - I was hoping this swap would be like this! Yay!!!!

mrubyjean
04-28-2011, 04:07 PM
GLOSS PAPER TIPS:

Many notecards - even the very inexpensive ones are usually glossy - I buy the cheap ones cut the front off and use the back part - I make sure to buy white or light color cards - the notecard size usually will give you 2 perfect ATC size cards if you just cut that back piece in half.

I do this too!!
But mostly I use the back of cards people send with their ATCs :wideeyed:

Wil Opio Oguta
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I have been offline for a couple of days - was travelling between the Netherlands and the US, but is there still room for me??? I would love to join!!

alanabannana
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
welcome to the US Wil Opio!! Where are you staying???? Did you bring art supplies??

minnkel
04-28-2011, 06:29 PM
welcome to the US Wil Opio!! Where are you staying???? Did you bring art supplies??

Minnkel and I share the same computer, so this message will show up under her name. I am staying - as you can guess - with her in MN. Either I share her art supplies or I use my own, which I have here anyway.
Wil

minnkel
04-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Now this is me....Minnkel.....if there is still room I would LOVE to play!!!!!

alanabannana
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
oh boy, this is going to get confusing!!! Hope you have a wonderful visit Wil Opio. played with some napkins tonight. here they are so far

HHC
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much.
SOTO

As long as the surface is smooth, that would probably work too, SOTO.
And you can use other non-glossy surfaces, you just end up using more wax and the colors are darker and less translucent...like this card, which is has beeswax and napkin images on watercolor paper ~
Glossy paper is just the easiest paper to use to get a nice finished look.

What she said. I actually use a 165 pound paper with a smooth (not glossy) finish for most of my beeswax collage work. And playing cards. :)

I don't think the gel medium would be conducive to the heat or adhering of the wax so my above note on ideas for gloss paper - also I have used regular cardstock but you will need to put another piece on the back of it as the wax many times soaks through regular card stock.

I have done encaustic collage using a beeswax resin mixture where you seal the collage part with gel medium before adding the hot beeswax. When the gel medium is totally dry, you brush on the beeswax then "smooth" it out with a heat tool. I've only done this on canvas type stuff sized 5 x 7 to 8 x 10. I haven't tried it on the substrate to begin with. Hmmmm... may check it out to see what happens. :)

HHC
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I do this too!!

I have used the designs on note cards from trades but never thought to use the backs for beeswax collages. ha! :)

ICraft
04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
hmmm I was sure I signed up yesterday but don't see my post. Count me in please!

You did - when I added a couple of players I forgot to hit save and closed the site so the names didn't stay on the players list - so sorry! Welcome - welcome I'm very happy to have you play!

ICraft
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I do this too!!

Yes I do that too! Reduce, reuse, recycle! Go Gree!:chatterbox:

ICraft
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Minnkel and I share the same computer, so this message will show up under her name. I am staying - as you can guess - with her in MN. Either I share her art supplies or I use my own, which I have here anyway.
Wil

Welcome to the swap Wil Opio Oguta and to the U.S. and of course there is room for you too Minnkel. When my daughter comes over I just log out and she can sign in under her name - won't the site let you do that?

ICraft
04-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome also to catsie - I think it is so fun that we have some players who are new to the beeswax technique. You've joined the right swap to get lots of help and advice from some of the best - and I don't mean me. haha HHC & mrubyjean have both done tutorials or chats or swaps with lots of advice. Besides them - pretty much anyone who is not totally new to the technique also does awesome work an is very knowledgable - so help will be here if you need it!

jaw
04-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Been playing around with my beeswax this evening ... should have 'em in the mail in the next couple days!

ICraft
04-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Yay - I can hardly wait!

ATTN: Players - since this is a technique swap experienced beeswax players are encouraged to leave tips, hints and give encouragement to others where ever you see fit. If you leave a tip please start the post TIP (in red) that way everyone will know right away as they scroll through the forum. Thank you for your help!

ICraft
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
TIP:

When cutting images out of your paper napkins it is easier to cut out the shape if you do not separate the layers until after you are done cutting. The extra thickness makes the paper stiffer for cutting. When tearing an image out separate the layers first for ease of tearing.

minnkel
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the swap Wil Opio Oguta and to the U.S. and of course there is room for you too Minnkel. When my daughter comes over I just log out and she can sign in under her name - won't the site let you do that?

OH yes.....we were just in a hurry and already logged into my account. When time is not an issue...we will be under our own names. Less confusing that way I hope!!:twitcy:

ICraft
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Keeping us guessing which one of you ladies is on the forum is okay too - just think - if you make a spelling error or say something goofy you can just blame it on the other person. haha Might work well! I'm just happy you are both playing and I'm looking forward to seeing those new special napkins.

jaw
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
HHC showed me how to print my clip art onto tissue paper .... oooooooo aaaaaahhhhh ..... I'm lovin' it! Opens up some cool possibilities for collaging ...

Just Ducky
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
well darn... I already behind... got 3 pages to read up on HINTs.. TiPs... and I read somewhere that JAW is ready to send already ???? you kidding I hope...

ok... I got my first QUestion.. what pellets ???? I thought the bees wax stuff was a chunk of bees wax... where do you get pelltets from ....
I got some really good smelling pellets that I use as a smell goodie... ya know you melt these yummy pellets over a lit candle and the air smells super... same thing ????

Just Ducky
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
clip art on tissue ??? now I like the sound of that... oh man JAW, I can tell this is gonna be a 3 bottle swap fer sure... and if Dena joins in better make that 4....:cool:

HHC
04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Ducky, sometimes you can find beeswax in little pellets that look similar to the good smelling pellets, but the scented pellets are not pure beeswax. I've found them in the past in the candle section at Joann's or Micheal's.

TIP You can shave little bits of the beeswax to use like the pellets. What I do is hold my little iron on the block to melt it and drip a tiny bit on the card, then smooth the wax around with the iron.

jaw
04-30-2011, 03:09 AM
TIP: Take a piece of plain tissue and cut it just smaller than an 8.5x11 piece of paper. Tape it to your paper ~just a few small pieces at the top are needed ... put through your printer and .... voila! Doesn't that sound easy? ... well, it takes some practice! Be sure to line up the top of the papers. You can iron your tissue first if it is too crumply.

Evalila
04-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Ive been playing with beeswax and napkins today and this is what I came up with:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_beeswaxSwap.jpg

ICraft
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
TIP: Take a piece of plain tissue and cut it just smaller than an 8.5x11 piece of paper. Tape it to your paper ~just a few small pieces at the top are needed ... put through your printer and .... voila! Doesn't that sound easy? ... well, it takes some practice! Be sure to line up the top of the papers. You can iron your tissue first if it is too crumply.

Tip:

If your printer seems to put down too much ink when printing on the tissue paper (mine does) change the quality setting to Fast Draft it uses less ink and works well on the tissue paper.

ICraft
04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Evalila - thanks so much for posting your beautiful cards now all you need to do is "share a tip". What did you use to edge your cards? It's very pretty but I can't tell from the pic if it's paint, ink , embossing powder or something else - hope you'll share your secret.:notworthy:

ICraft
04-30-2011, 11:22 AM
alanabannana - I'm so happy you posted your gorgeous cards on the forum - thanks so much for sharing your work.

Evalila
04-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Thank you Dena!

TIP: to finish the edges of my cards I used alcohol inks, carefully applied directly from the bottle. This makes the edges a little uneven, but I like that look :) And the beeswax takes the ink nicely.

Just Ducky
04-30-2011, 02:11 PM
oh man ... what am I doing here ...:wideeyed: this is so out of my comfort zone...
but today, I did clean out my old hot glue melting pot... that was a chore..

Alana, I just paged back and looked at your beauties... ya all making this look so easy...
and your results, terriffic... love them all...

Evelyn, dang gal, these are super... sure WOULD love them cutie Frogs... think this is enough of a hint to our HOsteSS ???? or should I talk LOULDer !!!!!!

so OK... I am re-reading wax instructions.. gonna start playing aound with this stuff
and will be back with show and tell... or request for bandaids for my burnt fingers...

craftyvox
04-30-2011, 03:44 PM
oh boy, this is going to get confusing!!! Hope you have a wonderful visit Wil Opio. played with some napkins tonight. here they are so far

Ohh wow great cards. I especially love the left two with musicpaper background, and the one-but-last-from-the-right!!! :)

ICraft
04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
oh man ... what am I doing here ...:wideeyed: this is so out of my comfort zone...
but today, I did clean out my old hot glue melting pot... that was a chore..

Alana, I just paged back and looked at your beauties... ya all making this look so easy...
and your results, terriffic... love them all...

Evelyn, dang gal, these are super... sure WOULD love them cutie Frogs... think this is enough of a hint to our HOsteSS ???? or should I talk LOULDer !!!!!!

so OK... I am re-reading wax instructions.. gonna start playing aound with this stuff
and will be back with show and tell... or request for bandaids for my burnt fingers...

Good luck with your first attempts - I hope I don't get a phone call from a crying Ducky with burned fingers - I think you'll be good - the biggest part is knowing how to collage and I know you can do that!

Oh and those froggies - you know I have a little frog phobia so there's a good chance they'll come your way. heehee

Just Ducky
04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
ok... day 1... and I didn't stick my fingers in hot wax... I did find out that you don't want to sneeze with a table full of THIN napkins.. boy talk about 52 pick-up...
so here ya go gals... tell me what the BIG problems on these are... and don't go stroking my feathers... honest, is a must here... I see lots that needs changing.. mostly I trying to be cheap and not putting enough layers on...
the bunnys were first... the yellow one is easier to see bunny but....
and these are in my gallery... so tell me like it is... really....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_bunny_1_and_2.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_wax_2_and_3.jpg

jaw
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
:jiggy: Ducky's got beeswax on his bill!! :jiggy:
You'll find that the depth of color in your napkin makes a difference ~ for instance, a darker colored napkin is one that you may end up adding other elements to AFTER. A lighter colored napkin you can put your other elements on first, then cover with the napkin. ... keep playing ... You're getting it!

You could use a sharpie to draw Ducky on your ATC blank, and then put your napkin over and beeswax him ...

I'm not much help am I? .... where's that glass of mine? Oh. It's empty! That's the problem!

ICraft
05-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Good first attempt Ducky - remember the work light to dark guideline and the more of an image you want to show the less dark papers you want around your focal image. You have some great elements you are using I think it's just a matter of layering them differently to show them off better.

alanabannana
05-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I have also found that if I cut out an image like the bunny on a napkin and put it over another, it sometimes helps to not peel apart all the layers, have left them on to not make the image quite so transparent. Hope this helps Ducky - you can do it!!!

alanabannana
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
looking back at my cards, the 10 of clubs - the red is the solid part of the napkin and the heart was on another. When I layered it got lost, quickly took it off while it was still hot, glue sticked it to paper scrap laying next to me and trimmed and rewaxed. The effect was much better - didn't loose the heart image into the dark background

ICraft
05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Good tips alanabannana - I have left an extra layer of napkin intact by accident and realized it helped make the piece less transparent too - I totally forgot that. Thanks for reminding me about that.

ICraft
05-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Here's a couple more cards I made - not sure which ones I'll use for the swap yet.

Also if any players want to specify if they prefer ATCs or APCs you cam send me a PM - if I can accommodate the requests I will.

Hope you like my new additions:

mrubyjean
05-02-2011, 12:34 AM
So pretty, ICraft...especially the 3 of Clubs!

ICraft
05-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks mrubyjean I received the pretty purple flowers in a napkin care package. I don't know where people find these beautiful napkins. If any of you experts have ideas PLEASE post them as a TIP. Thank you!

Evalila
05-02-2011, 05:05 AM
My cards already went in the mail :D

ICraft
05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Yay! So happy you decided to play Sparkly Girl - gee I didn't even have to twist your arm.

Tip: If you are a Mom or have a Mom - don't forget that Sunday is Mother's Day!! How about a pretty beeswax card for a gift. haha

craftyvox
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
If you are a Mom or have a Mom - don't forget that Sunday is Mpther's Day!! How about a pretty beeswax card for a gift. haha

Now don't you go and confuse me!! As mother's day here in The Netherlands is celebrated one week after you do in the States /giggles It confuses me every year over and over again, when my American friends start talking about it. As if it wasn't confusing enough already that Belgium and The Netherlands also celebrate either mothers day or fathers day on different weekends.. not to mention the UK. I got to many international friends! :wacko: Teehee. But giving mum a handmade card is a great idea, regardless of when we all celebrate!

Just Ducky
05-02-2011, 11:51 PM
here come that questioning duck again....
so Alana, I can glue a napkin image on a piece of paper and then hot wax that image on the napkin ???

so I can hot wax a normal paper image on napkin.... or even use napkin image but not remove ALL the extra layers of napkin ??? ok... gonna try... boy no one whats to see my attempts from today... UGG-ly... but still that's good, I finding what don't work...

jaw
05-03-2011, 02:31 AM
I have found that when I have some "ugly" cards ... I toss 'em in a box ... they end up being backgrounds for collages later.

alanabannana
05-03-2011, 09:42 AM
You got it Ducky! Just play and give different things a try.

Like the idea of a beeswax card for Mother's day. I have my sister's birthday card to give her the same day, I'll do one for her too!!

Elena
05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I would like to join.

Elena
05-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Do you mean an APC using the technique, or an APC with any technique? Either way, I would like to join.

ICraft
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Yay - so glad to have you join Elena! You may make either APCs or ATCs or a combination of cards but they all must be made with the beeswax/soywax technique.

ICraft
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I have found that when I have some "ugly" cards ... I toss 'em in a box ... they end up being backgrounds for collages later.

I put my "ugly" cards in a "box" too - it's called the trash can. ha-ha :laugh:

Elena
05-04-2011, 07:53 AM
here come that questioning duck again....
so Alana, I can glue a napkin image on a piece of paper and then hot wax that image on the napkin ???

so I can hot wax a normal paper image on napkin.... or even use napkin image but not remove ALL the extra layers of napkin ??? ok... gonna try... boy no one whats to see my attempts from today... UGG-ly... but still that's good, I finding what don't work...

TIP: When you put an image on the card and cover it with wax, the background show through it, it becomes translucent, which I like. If you don't want that effect, you can cover the image background with glaze before adhering it. Glaze is a kind of sealing for paintings. I use Liquitex. You can find it at Michaels by the acrylics paints. For background, I usually use scrambled tissue paper before the napkin, it gives it texture.

ICraft
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Tip:

Yesterday I bought a melting pot and some unbleached beeswax (what I had was bleached and I wanted to experiment with the other) I was sooo excited to have the opportunity to try an alternate way of making the cards. I presently use mrubyjean's technique of rubbing my craft iron onto the beeswax block and applying alternating thin layers of wax and tissue and napkin images but I think it's always nice to try other things. Not necessarily (haha) - adding the melted wax into the picture or just trying to use the melted wax painting it on the cards is MUCH more difficult. Not only is the amount of wax you "put down" harder to control but I found that it sets up quickly so you still need to use a craft iron or heat gun to remelt it so that you can position or reposition your card items. On a positive note however, I did find the melted beeswax is really nice for adding "heavier" or less absorbent pieces such is light weight card stock die cut images or postage stamps to your card. So in summary, when at all possible I highly recommend using the technique in the how-to instructions posted by mrubyjean - in my opinion that is by far the easier way to go - especially for beginners.

I have been searching for videos regarding beeswax art - wow they are few and far between - I didn't realize we were such an elite bunch of artists. haha Perhaps some of us should make some videos - I think I may try my hand at that one. Oh boy - aren't you guys lucky to be the first people to view those. haha! I'll let you know. In the meantime here is a video from Suze Weinberg who did a demo on melted beeswax art and she has still another technique to using beeswax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4BY94N6nbk

ICraft
05-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Tip:
When choosing a focal image for your card try using one with bolder or darker or more intense colors - having an image like this near the final layers will allow you more choices of color and pattern in your starting layers.

minnkel
05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
OK, first off.....LOVE all the tips you are posting. GREAT for beginners like me!

Next - here are three of my cards for the swap. ICraft - if these do not meet the standards, please PM me. I have several more and could easily change them or make new ones.

For the Love of Tulips
Hot Nine in the Old Town
Spring Flowers

minnkel
05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
And the last three for the swap

Spring Garden Visitor
Tulips on the Rocks
Wine Country

ICraft
05-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Minnkel - thanks so much for posting your cards on the forum - I think you did a great job, especially for a beginner. But.....you do have WOO (hee-hee I wonder if she'll like her nickname - that's Wil Opio Oguta) there so I hope she's been sharing her knowledge with you - she makes some beautiful APC with beeswax.:notworthy:

I really like the Wine Country card a lot - I love maps and only have one ATC with a map on it. hmmm...:D

goatgirl
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Tip: When I work with APCs, sometimes I'll put a swipe of gesso over the card before laying down my images--it helps tone down the symbols and makes them a more subtle part of the design.

And I agree with ICraft--the wax/iron method is the easiest, non-messy way to go!

mrubyjean
05-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Minnkel ~ I think your Hot Nine in the Old Town is especially striking and fun!

minnkel
05-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Minnkel ~ I think your Hot Nine in the Old Town is especially striking and fun!

Thanks MrubyJean! A comment like that makes my day!!!

HHC
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Minnkel, your Spring Garden Visitor is my favorite! Great job on your cards!

HHC
05-05-2011, 11:52 PM
goatgirl, I also use gesso to mute the numbers, it works well.

ICraft
05-06-2011, 01:04 AM
I tried the gesso idea too - my first card I put a bit too much but after that I think I got the perfect ratio.

Tip:
When making APCs you can also sand the card suit symbols down a bit to give them a subtle look - especially under tissue or napkin images.

minnkel
05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Minnkel, your Spring Garden Visitor is my favorite! Great job on your cards!

Thanks HHC!! He is one of my faves as well!!

Cardmama
05-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Sign me up please!

ICraft
05-07-2011, 05:25 PM
The first cards have arrived! Evalila your absolutely, positively, super gorgeous beeswax cards arrived today. As we all know, rarely does a scan or photo of our cards really do them justice and Evalila's cards are some of those for sure. If the images weren't the same - I wouldn't even think they were the same cards - the beauty of the wax, the luster and the alcohol ink edge finishing pulls the whole thing together - lovely job. :notworthy:

I hate to tell you ladies but the bar has been set pretty high - haha! I can hardly wait for some more beauties to arrive - I just knew this swap would yield some wonderful cards - just didn't know they'd be this wonderful!

Evalila
05-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Ooooh, thanks Dena! I feel so flattered :cute:

Im glad you like the cards!!

ICraft
05-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Thank you Dena!

TIP: to finish the edges of my cards I used alcohol inks, carefully applied directly from the bottle. This makes the edges a little uneven, but I like that look :) And the beeswax takes the ink nicely.

I tried a variation of this technique. I put the alcohol ink on a felt pad and rubbed it along the edges - when you said "takes the ink nicely" I didn't know you meant literally - the wax seems to actually draw the ink into it. Very cool and pretty.

ICraft
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
maggiebloom your awesome ATCs arrived today - your collage technique is very unique and I especially love the gold stamped images you use - it really gives a beautiful burst of light to your cards.

ICraft
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Tips and Hints

My little write up with some tips and hints finally got posted on the site - here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19305

Thanks!

goatgirl
05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Anybody have a suggestion on how to deal with this? I have been using glossy cardstock for my substrate, but I notice that all around the edges of the card, the wax seems to absorb more, actually saturating the cardstock and turning it translucent or bluish, which looks sloppy to me. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

Just Ducky
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
new duck question... are these WAX cards to be done using napkins ???? or can I use regular papers, ya, know like a regular collaged card but using waX.... I still not doing too
good with napkins... not ready to give up (yet)...

trinitysmomma07
05-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Sign me up iCraft! Might give my mom and i a chance to craft together :cute:

jaw
05-13-2011, 11:09 AM
new duck question... are these WAX cards to be done using napkins ???? or can I use regular papers, ya, know like a regular collaged card but using waX.... I still not doing too
good with napkins... not ready to give up (yet)...

Ducky, try NOT layering the napkins. 1. Start with a blank card or a playing card 2. stamp an image on it that you like 3. gluestick the napkin on top.(just one layer) 4. NOW use your wax (can't remember what method you are using to apply wax) 5. trim edges with scissors. Voila!

I have also used regular collaged papers ~ not any with both sides printed, though.

goatgirl
05-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Just Ducky, I've found that other paper works just fine, too. Just make sure there's nothing on the back side of it. For instance, if you use a page from a book, the back side print will show through on the front side when you apply the wax. The same is true of magazine images etc. Otherwise, you can use typing-paper-weight papers, or mulberry paper etc. I've also used cardstock, but it does require more wax to hold the image in place, and doesn't give that "seamless" look that the thinner papers provide.

Choose the placement of your non-napkin/non-tissue paper carefully, because usually it's too thick for anything underneath it to show through.

QUESTION:

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to deal with this? I have been using glossy cardstock or playing cards for my substrate, but I notice that all around the edges of the card, the wax seems to absorb more, actually saturating the cardstock and turning it translucent or bluish, which looks sloppy to me. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

ICraft
05-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Anybody have a suggestion on how to deal with this? I have been using glossy cardstock for my substrate, but I notice that all around the edges of the card, the wax seems to absorb more, actually saturating the cardstock and turning it translucent or bluish, which looks sloppy to me. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

What a bad host - I hadn't even seen the messages in days.

Here's an idea for this that I tried with good success. Seal the edges of your cards before you start making them - you can either run the edges through your block of wax (the heat isn't directly on the edges so it shouldn't melt unless you run the iron down the cut edge of the card) option 2 is to seal the card with a run of glue stick around the card cut edges. Both should work - good luck!

ICraft
05-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Just Ducky - I'd like us to try to keep to the "art" of beeswaxing with transparent items to at least some extent but for beginners sake I think that Jaw has a wonderful idea. That way you are still doing the technique without some of the complicatedness - wow is that even a real word.

Beginner tips:

Try to pick a napkin with a pretty design you like.

Pick a color of tissue or plain napkin you see in your printed piece - this cuts down on the "does this look good together" but remember - keep it light - things will go easier.

Two simple layouts:
#1 - Put down a piece of light tissue or a napkin covering the entire card and wax.
Next pick a part of your napkin design you like the same size as your card - put it over
the entire card and wax. Simple, traditional and done.

#2 - Put down a piece of light tissue or a napkin covering the entire card or half of the
card and wax. Now tear a design from your napkin that will go over either the
remaining open side of the card or if you covered the whole card you just put the
image on half. If you want to step it up a notch stamp a word on your plain tissue
or napkin before you put it on your card OR add an embellishment after you wax
it.

I think these are both easy beginner cards that totally keep the layering strategy at a minimum. Please let me know if any of you beginners try these and how it works for you.

ICraft
05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Sign me up iCraft! Might give my mom and i a chance to craft together :cute:

Yay - glad you are joining - I'm sure Granddad can corral little Trinity during craft time - haha! Although you know those preschoolers - they can give the best man a run for his money.

ICraft
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Here is a sample card and the instructions for anyone having difficulty with the techinque.

1. Start with a playing card and put down a layer of wax.
2. Add a small print or light color napkin or tissue paper to cover entire card - wax
over the top of it.
3. Cut out one or two coordinating or matching images from a napkin. Place the
images on the card and wax over them.
4. If desired add a trim down the side - this was from the same napkin so there
was no need to guess about coordinating or matching - wax it on.
5. Apply a layer over the entire card - if you have trouble with your cut items
slipping take a white piece of tissue paper - put it over the entire card and wax
over it - this will seal everything together and the white tissue will turn
transparent (provided you use enough wax).

Ok now here is the finished product - traditional, pretty and not overly complex. Anyone having trouble - hang in there and try this - I think you will find it a very "workable" idea.

ICraft
05-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Beautiful cards arrived from Elena (I especially love your Hearts A Fire card) and Minnkel (your map napkin with wine labels is super cool) - wonderful jobs ladies - of course I never doubted you for a minute!

trinitysmomma07
05-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Yay - glad you are joining - I'm sure Granddad can corral little Trinity during craft time - haha! Although you know those preschoolers - they can give the best man a run for his money.

LMAO ya i know! I also have two sisters and my cousin living there who might be able to keep her occupied...i think her problem is more helping me then dealing with Trin LOL

theweavershand
05-15-2011, 12:27 AM
LMAO ya i know! I also have two sisters and my cousin living there who might be able to keep her occupied...i think her problem is more helping me then dealing with Trin LOL

that's what naptime is for!

ICraft
05-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Ah look at that - I facilitated a Mother-Daughter craft day! haha Naptime? Are you kidding me - you lucky ladies. My grandson has probably taken 2 naps in the past year and he's turning 4 in June. His Momma and 1 of his aunties gave up their naps early too - such a sad day when they won't nap anymore. :( They are 2 of triplets - the 3rd one took naps until ????? ummm I think she still naps at 24 haha. When my girls went to kindergarten the teachers sent me home notes - Having trouble getting the girls to rest during quiet time - I politely told them - Good luck with that one - those 2 haven't rested during quiet time since they were 18 months old! I think the teachers must have felt sorry for me because they never complained again! hee-hee

theweavershand
05-15-2011, 01:23 AM
up early for church usually equals nap...otherwise...there would be no way.

ICraft
05-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Eeek! I'm redoing my craftroom - top to bottom so EVERYTHING has been cleared out - what a mess - thank goodness I had all my beeswax stuff on my kitchen table or I would be going through crafting withdrawal.

Here's a card I made.

trinitysmomma07
05-15-2011, 02:53 PM
up early for church usually equals nap...otherwise...there would be no way.

yup and hopefully she will nap soon:wacko:

trinitysmomma07
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
didnt have luck getting her to nap...but i have been able to do some crafting and should have the cards in the mail on their way to you soon! :cute:

ICraft
05-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Yay for you Sarah! Glad you got a chance to craft I can't wait to see your cards - I think your Mom has my addy but if you need it or she can't put her hands on it please PM me.

ICraft
05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Craft room update! Carpet pulled up and floor prepped for my Pergo that hubby bought for a steal today. Hooray! I really wanted something like that in there but didn't want to spend a lot of money - so glad he fell into a clearance and they had enough for the whole room.

trinitysmomma07
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Yay for you Sarah! Glad you got a chance to craft I can't wait to see your cards - I think your Mom has my addy but if you need it or she can't put her hands on it please PM me.

yup she does and i got it...gotta put the finishing touches on them and then i will mail them out asap :) (plus im going to scan them and post them either tonight or tomorrow)

trinitysmomma07
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Please forgive me if these look like my mothers(past or present) I did use her supplies but i promise i did them all on my own :cute:

HHC
05-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Craft room update! Carpet pulled up and floor prepped for my Pergo that hubby bought for a steal today. Hooray! I really wanted something like that in there but didn't want to spend a lot of money - so glad he fell into a clearance and they had enough for the whole room.

Yay for pergo flooring! I have it in my office/art room and love it. :)

ICraft
05-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Beautiful cards trinitysmomma07 - you did and an awesome job and as far as if they look anything like your Mom may have made or will make - that's just the way it is when you share supplies - I'm sure my daughter's cards will have a similar look to mine also - she likes to "share" my supplies too.;) Oh I especially love the way you added the detailing to the flowers with the white pen - nice touch!

Thanks so very, very much for posting your cards on the forum and I look forward to seeing them in person.

ICraft
05-16-2011, 11:23 PM
jaw your awesome cards have safely arrived - my fav, my fav is.....the moon and stars on the gorgeous pink flower - super beautiful but I love them all. Is that a Paula Dean floral napkin with the red and purple floral design I see in a couple? I have those napkins too - they have a very versatile pattern so many different things you can pull from the design!

ICraft
05-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Yay for pergo flooring! I have it in my office/art room and love it. :)

Craft room update:

The floor is down and looks gorgeous - hubby is going to do the finishing touches - trim and doorway transition pieces tomorrow. My daughter is going to touch up the paint - we just did the whole room about a year ago and I still like the colors - thank goodness. We bought one shelving unit and my future d-i-l and I are going to Ikea tomorrow to get some storage boxes and maybe a couple of drawer storage units. Photos tomorrow so I can share with you guys!

P.S. Did you know Ikea has pretty napkins? I can hardly wait - and they are very reasonable - I may come home with 20 new napkins - yay yay!

jaw
05-17-2011, 01:25 AM
jaw your awesome cards have safely arrived - my fav, my fav is.....the moon and stars on the gorgeous pink flower - super beautiful but I love them all. Is that a Paula Dean floral napkin with the red and purple floral design I see in a couple? I have those napkins too - they have a very versatile pattern so many different things you can pull from the design!

Glad they made it safely there! As for Paula Dean's napkins ... aren't they just covered with BBQ sauce? :cute:
I honestly have no idea where most of my napkins are from. Most are from trades.

HHC
05-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I mailed mine yesterday. Here's what I sent:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_5.13_beeswax_butterfly2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_5.14_beeswax_butterfly1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_beeswax_butterfly3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_beeswax_butterfly4.jpg

jaw
05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
HHC, I love the way you put together your 'compositions'. The lay out is always so appropriate. It's like a snapshot of the garden ... aaaahhhhh ...

trinitysmomma07
05-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Beautiful cards trinitysmomma07 - you did and an awesome job and as far as if they look anything like your Mom may have made or will make - that's just the way it is when you share supplies - I'm sure my daughter's cards will have a similar look to mine also - she likes to "share" my supplies too.;) Oh I especially love the way you added the detailing to the flowers with the white pen - nice touch!

Thanks so very, very much for posting your cards on the forum and I look forward to seeing them in person.

well i mailed the out yesterday so hopefully it shouldnt be to long till you get them...ya my mom does the white pen thing too i jsut kinda did it...i am VERY proud of the way they look :cute:

ICraft
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Glad they made it safely there! As for Paula Dean's napkins ... aren't they just covered with BBQ sauce? :cute:
I honestly have no idea where most of my napkins are from. Most are from trades.

Not BBQ sauce - butter - she's the butter Queen - my son got me some of her cookbooks when he went to her restaurant in North Carolina - there's a few BBQ recipes (I am not a BBQ girl at all) but for the most part it's just good old fashioned, down home,country girl, yummy food. Right up my ally! Of course if you ate it every night you'd gain 50 lbs in a flash but for once a week or so I'm ok with that. haha You really should try one of her recipes - it's some good eats!

ICraft
05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Awe - beautiful cards HHC - can't wait to get my hands on those! I'm excited to see there is an extra one for me but how will I ever choose?

ICraft
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Reminder: Beginner how to at post #122 if anyone is need of a little help with a card - hope it helps.

Just Ducky
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
ok... the Duck is back in stride... had an emergency... well kinda.. I played all weekend in the postage stamp marathon... SO now I am rested ? up and ready to give this wax thing my all... I read back and picked up all the TIPS and re-read Icarfts post 120 and 122... so tomorrow is my D day...Danged if I don't get something for show and tell...
JAW is sharing her baileys with me and HHC has sprinkled me with fairy wax dust...:notworthy:

EDIT.... and wax wishes from Martha .... thanks my friend... this is gonna be a win win win day...

mrubyjean
05-18-2011, 09:52 PM
...here's sending you inspired wax wishes, too, Ducky :idea:

Just Ducky
05-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Ok.. so where's my towels... I need towels... I am THROwning in the towel..
it's offical... I am WAX in-pared .... been there...done that... and guess this is just not for me...

I so sorry Dena, but at this time in my life (old age) I guess you can't teach an old dog a new trick...
so please withdraw poor ducky from your waxie swap..:( I am not giving up on learning this...

and thank you Martha, Julie and Helen and all you gals that have encouraged me... I WILL master this.. just not rite now..

ICraft
05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
:(:(:( Super sadness - should we have some kind of period of mourning? Ducky is "waxed" out - no not wacked out but the wax has got the best of her for right now. Never fear though I know you'll get it eventually but it's okay if it's not right now. Besides we all have certain things that come to us easier than others. I guess I'll just have to plan a trip to Michigan to see the leaves change and then we'll beeswax together :cute:.

ICraft
05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Thank goodness some pretty cards arrived today to help me get over my sadness. Love the flower and butterfly cards that arrived from HHC the roses with the blue butterfly is my fav and alanabannana sent in some gorgeous cards too - pretty, pretty hmmm my fav of those is "cool summer nights" very unique!

Thanks so much for playing - you are both awesome!

Just Ducky
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
can you believe this... all my 'practice' was cards I used up my WAX... well I had a small piece left for maybe one card... anyway today while I was on search in garage for something else (which I didn't find) yep, found this nice chunk of bee's wax that I got over 3 years ago... so Now I can start my practice lessons again...

oh and Myrubyjean is visiting Michigan in June so I am going to meet up with Martha and she is gonna TEACH me and Ducky Wax and Napkins... yipee.... for me that is, I dont think poor Marath knows what's she's gotten herself into... poor gal...

ICraft
05-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Yay for you Ducky! I promise to host another Beeswax swap after you have your lessons!

Another pair of envelopes arrived today with some gorgeous cards! Such beauties from Mariak - I can't decide if the dragonflies or the birds are my favorite - also awesome cards came in from trinitysmomma07 - gee another set I'm not sure I can pick a fav.....hmmmm maybe the hibiscus..no the pink flowers......no the yellow one.....oh maybe the medallion one....oh heck I love them all! Everyone is doing such a wonderful job - what an awesome swap!!!

mrubyjean
05-21-2011, 12:07 AM
can you believe this... all my 'practice' was cards I used up my WAX... well I had a small piece left for maybe one card... anyway today while I was on search in garage for something else (which I didn't find) yep, found this nice chunk of bee's wax that I got over 3 years ago... so Now I can start my practice lessons again...

oh and Myrubyjean is visiting Michigan in June so I am going to meet up with Martha and she is gonna TEACH me and Ducky Wax and Napkins... yipee.... for me that is, I dont think poor Marath knows what's she's gotten herself into... poor gal...

Yay...glad you found more wax!
And I can't wait to make wax cards with Ducky! :jiggy:

jaw
05-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm sooooooo jealous!!!! I wanna go dip Ducky in wax too!!! ... oh, sorry ...:embarrassed: it's the cards that get the wax ... :embarrassed:

trinitysmomma07
05-21-2011, 01:27 AM
Yay for you Ducky! I promise to host another Beeswax swap after you have your lessons!

Another pair of envelopes arrived today with some gorgeous cards! Such beauties from Mariak - I can't decide if the dragonflies or the birds are my favorite - also awesome cards came in from trinitysmomma07 - gee another set I'm not sure I can pick a fav.....hmmmm maybe the hibiscus..no the pink flowers......no the yellow one.....oh maybe the medallion one....oh heck I love them all! Everyone is doing such a wonderful job - what an awesome swap!!!

im glad you like them :) and that they got there safe...the medallion is actually a flower too but the way i decorated it does kinda look like a medallion...:cute:

ICraft
05-21-2011, 08:37 PM
im glad you like them :) and that they got there safe...the medallion is actually a flower too but the way i decorated it does kinda look like a medallion...:cute:

Oops...I knew I shouldn't be looking at cards after 2 or 3 drinks....haha - just kidding - it's more like not having my reading glasses on...getting old just stinks!

Cat's Cradle
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I just ordered some fun-colored playing cards that will be here in a couple of days. Thinking I'm gonna do those for the swap, as they'll make some interesting backgrounds. :yes:

ICraft
05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I just ordered some fun-colored playing cards that will be here in a couple of days. Thinking I'm gonna do those for the swap, as they'll make some interesting backgrounds. :yes:

That's does sound interesting. A few months ago I bought some breast cancer awareness cards - part of the proceeds go to breast cancer research so I thought -awesome - I figured the cards would have some pink here and there and be cute but they were even prettier than expected. All the diamonds and hearts were pink and all the face card designs were done in pink and black - soooooo pretty - I'm planning on using them from waxing but haven't decided if I want to do a deck theme or what - I wasn't sure how I'd like APCs but I totally fell in LOVE with them!!!

***If you end up being happy with the cards you ordered please feel free to share the website with us if you like.

Wil Opio Oguta
05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
I am a bit later than usual, but here are pictures of my beeswax atc's - they will go into the mail tomorrow -:

ICraft
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Gorgeous cards Wil Opio Oguta - I can't wait to get my hands on them for a closer look!

lafaver55
05-29-2011, 08:39 AM
I would like to play

ICraft
05-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Hooray - a last minute player - I love it! Welcome to lafaver55!

studio39designs
05-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Here are my ATCs - whew! Since this was a new technique for me, it took a bit longer than I thought it would. I definitely need to work more at this, but I think I came up with ones good enough to swap! Thanks to ICraft for hosting! :cute:

Nadine

Donnacr
05-30-2011, 07:56 AM
It was definitely a case of too much choice - every time I moved I saw another napkin design and thought of another card I would like to make. The only thing that stopped me was that my hands were going numb from the cold - my craft room is upstairs and has no heating (temperature was 3C). I hope you like what I made - they are in the mail as I write this.

studio39designs
05-30-2011, 09:58 AM
It was definitely a case of too much choice - every time I moved I saw another napkin design and thought of another card I would like to make. The only thing that stopped me was that my hands were going numb from the cold - my craft room is upstairs and has no heating (temperature was 3C). I hope you like what I made - they are in the mail as I write this.

Really like the ones with the flowers (and butterfly)! I really want to play more with this technique, and your cards really put me even more in the mood to do so!

ICraft
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Lovely work on your cards studio39designs - so glad you enjoyed learning a new technique and thanks so much for posting them.

Also thanks to Donnacr for sharing your colorful cards in the forum too - nice work! I just love when people are able to post their cards in the forum it's nice to share and it also gives people a little peek at what they might be getting in the swap.;)

ICraft
05-30-2011, 02:32 PM

What? No heat - girl you at least need a space heater or something - how can you even move your little fingers to craft in that temperature? Maybe I can send you some Florida heat - I think it's about 85 today - ugh!

goatgirl
05-30-2011, 08:30 PM
My card went in the mail a couple weeks ago--have you received them yet? I sent 6.

Cat's Cradle
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
3??? Wowsers; isn't that a bit chilly even for your winter? :huh:

ICraft
05-31-2011, 12:37 AM
My card went in the mail a couple weeks ago--have you received them yet? I sent 6.

Uh-oh - everyone keep your fingers crossed - goatgirl's cards have not arrived and must be somewhere in the mail system - hopefully they will arrive soon. (I sent you a pm goatgirl and will keep you posted with any news):sad:

HHC
05-31-2011, 01:39 AM
Goatgirl's cards will arrive tomorrow. No delivery today... plus they took the scenic route. It's so lovely and green this time of year. :)

Donnacr
05-31-2011, 10:34 AM
It wasn't quite as cold as you may be thinking as it was 3 degress Celsius which is about 37/38 degrees Fahrenheit - still too cold to continue working at night.

ICraft
05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Goatgirl's cards will arrive tomorrow. No delivery today... plus they took the scenic route. It's so lovely and green this time of year. :)

Appreciate your optimistic vote of confidence and I'm sure goatgirl will too. Sometimes when cards take awhile to reach me I try to peek in my mail lady's truck just to make sure she doesn't have any of my ATCs hanging up in there. haha

ICraft
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
It wasn't quite as cold as you may be thinking as it was 3 degress Celsius which is about 37/38 degrees Fahrenheit - still too cold to continue working at night.

What? 37 or 38 degrees F - that may not be cold to you but for a Florida girl I'd need a long underwear, a parka, hat, gloves and a big thermos of hot cocoa - or maybe a hot toddy! That is cold girl!

ICraft
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Today was a HUGE day for cards - yay!!! Beautiful cards arrived from: Cardmama, Wil Opio Oguta, sharlene54, SOTO and........ goatgirl!!!!! I guess Helen was right - goatgirl's cards were just cruising around enjoying the spring weather. haha

ICraft
05-31-2011, 06:37 PM
For anyone who's interested - I posted pics of my new craft room in my gallery. Yay!!!! I still have some things to put away in there and a world map to frame and put up but for the most part it's done - FINALLY!!!

Donnacr
06-01-2011, 08:39 AM
It looks magnificent Dena - I am very jealous!! Now you have to get in there and mess it up to prove that it all isn't just for show :D

mrubyjean
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
My cards are finished ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Wax2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Wax1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Wax3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Wax4.jpg

They will be in tomorrow morning's mail!

jaw
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Today was a HUGE day for cards - yay!!! Beautiful cards arrived from: Cardmama, Wil Opio Oguta, sharlene54, SOTO and........ goatgirl!!!!! I guess Helen was right - goatgirl's cards were just cruising around enjoying the spring weather. haha

Yep ... that Helen ... she's right a lot! I've just learned to live with it! :twitcy:
When it comes to beeswax, she's my queen bee ... therefore ... I just have to beelieve her! :D

goatgirl
06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Whoo hoo! I'm doing the happy dance--sooo glad my cards made it!

Cat's Cradle
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Dena, I'm gonna have to withdraw, as I don't have my cards done and have too much on my plate right now.

ICraft
06-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Yep ... that Helen ... she's right a lot! I've just learned to live with it! :twitcy:
When it comes to beeswax, she's my queen bee ... therefore ... I just have to beelieve her! :D

HAHAHA! So cute! Love it!

ICraft
06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
mrubyjean - thank you so much for posting your gorgeous cards in the forum - I can't wait for them to arrive.

On the sad side - so sorry you have to withdraw catscradle this is such a good swap it's a shame you have to withdraw - all these little waxy beauties are awesome - so sorry you'll be missing out out them. But....I understand how easy it is to get so busy - maybe we'll catch each other in another swap.;) But please remember - if you get an inspiration and a break in time just send me a pm and perhaps there will still be time for you to play.

ICraft
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
More gorgeous cards arrived today from studio39designs - the cards are great and I love the rounded corners - nice touch!

ICraft
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
HAHA!! Have you put your pointer over my green blips lately? I am now AWESOMESAUCE on FANTASTATOAST!!!! Hmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that one. Through the years my hubby has always teased me about being a princess so jokingly I made up my own planet - Jabbada. I told my hubby and kids that I was the Princess of Jabbada but moved here to planet Earth - of course the kids were young so they fell for it and told their friends - our Mom is a real princess and has her very own planet - oops - my secret was out and now you guys know too. shhhh! It's a secret.:unsure: I think Princess of Jabbada should appear when I put my pointer on my blips - don't you? haha

theweavershand
06-02-2011, 06:05 PM
omg...i never knew that was there! now i have to put the pointer on everyone's green blips and read them! no...must get back to art....but...but...

ICraft
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
omg...i never knew that was there! now i have to put the pointer on everyone's green blips and read them! no...must get back to art....but...but...

Lucky girl - you are an ATC goddess!!! Now get back to your art! haha

theweavershand
06-02-2011, 06:54 PM
LMAO...yes ma'am!!

HHC
06-03-2011, 01:27 AM
You all crack me up! :laugh:

ICraft
06-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I've missed our usual fun and silliness - glad we're getting into the groove.:wub:

ICraft
06-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Wonderful cards arrived from Donnacr and fellow awesomesauce girl lafaver55. Also Sparkly Girl came over the other night for her beeswax lesson and made her cards for the swap - yay - another Mother - Daughter craft evening - I love it!

mrubyjean
06-05-2011, 12:38 AM
How pretty, Sparkly Girl!

ICraft
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey players - a fellow (skyjules) member's Mom has recently been diagnosed with breast and lung cancer - she has a post regarding making some cards as RAK - if anyone can spare the time to make or send a card from you gallery please do - I'm sure our little efforts would mean a lot.

Here's the link: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1004674#post1004674

ICraft
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
mrubyjean - your beautiful ATCs arrived today - very gorgeous!!

mrubyjean
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh, I'm glad they arrived safely!

theweavershand
06-07-2011, 12:41 AM
whew! finally got mine done! ill have them in the mail to you tomorrow!

mrubyjean
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Wonderful, theweavershand!

ICraft
06-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Gorgeous - gorgeous theweavershand! They are wonderful! When you highlight the image with the pen lines when in the process do you do that - on the napkin before you use any beeswax or after a layer of wax? I really like the look and have been wanting to try it but I'm so conservative with my napkins that I've been afraid I might ruin one of my precious favorites - uhhhh - guess I could have tried it on some of the napkins I have multiples of - didn't think of that - but getting an answer straight from a creator is so much better. :notworthy:

ICraft
06-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry you weren't able to find the time catsie - hate to see anyone miss out on the beautiful cards in this swap.;) Maybe next time.

trinitysmomma07
06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
whew! finally got mine done! ill have them in the mail to you tomorrow!

I LOVE the 4 of clubs ;) *hint hint hint* hehe

HHC
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Amy, I love your cards. Especially the butterflies!

jaw
06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
D day! Hurry ... swap 'em! I can hardly wait! Lol

ICraft
06-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Cards arrived right on time from....aznfg and theweavershand. Guess I'll be trading away this weekend.....yay!!!

trinitysmomma07
06-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Cards arrived right on time from....aznfg and theweavershand. Guess I'll be trading away this weekend.....yay!!!

yay! so excited to see the returns!

HHC
06-11-2011, 09:14 AM
yippee! I'm excited to see the returns too!

theweavershand
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
whew!! so glad they made it in time!

ICraft
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Amy - I must admit when I was looking at your cards I was so sad you didn't send me a host card - I love your work but then....I turned the page strip over and ta-da another card - yay!!!!!

This group of players has been soooo generous!!! Every player sent me something which while not necessary every host knows it's so nice to be appreciated with a little something or an extra ATC! Thanks!!! You're all the best!!!!!

theweavershand
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
i wouldnt ever not send a host card! esp not to you, Dena!!

trinitysmomma07
06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
and I have learned from the best *points at my mommy* that tho isnt necessary it is a super nice thing to do...esp if you want people to do it for you when you host LOL :)

ICraft
06-11-2011, 10:34 PM
and I have learned from the best *points at my mommy* that tho isnt necessary it is a super nice thing to do...esp if you want people to do it for you when you host LOL :)

You and your Mommy (theweavershand) are both awesome - I taught my baby "Sparkly Girl" how to treat the hosts right too. haha You are right - treat people like you want to be treated and I always show my appreciation to the hosts of the swaps I play in. I know that hosting is fun but it is also a lot of work and I always want to show my gratitude to the people who are able to fit hosting into their lives because I know it's just not doable for everyone - especially now a days with our super busy lives. I'm glad I have been able to fit hosting in and I have enjoyed having the opportunity to meet so many awesome players on the AFA site through hosting.

trinitysmomma07
06-11-2011, 10:55 PM
You and your Mommy (theweavershand) are both awesome - I taught my baby "Sparkly Girl" how to treat the hosts right too. haha You are right - treat people like you want to be treated and I always show my appreciation to the hosts of the swaps I play in. I know that hosting is fun but it is also a lot of work and I always want to show my gratitude to the people who are able to fit hosting into their lives because I know it's just not doable for everyone - especially now a days with our super busy lives. I'm glad I have been able to fit hosting in and I have enjoyed having the opportunity to meet so many awesome players on the AFA site through hosting.

yup :)

Donnacr
06-13-2011, 01:33 AM
I did it the other way - I was introduced to this site by my daughter luvloz and she taught me the 'etiquette' of the site. She is one of those that has found Life getting in the way of crafting (new job, new husband) - every time she comes for a visit,though, she raids my supplies and makes the most awesome cards.

ICraft
06-13-2011, 01:50 AM
I did it the other way - I was introduced to this site by my daughter luvloz and she taught me the 'etiquette' of the site. She is one of those that has found Life getting in the way of crafting (new job, new husband) - every time she comes for a visit,though, she raids my supplies and makes the most awesome cards.

That is so awesome that you found ATCS through your daughter. I'm glad when she visits she can still find a few moments to steal away to craft - I think doing a hobby is good for people - we all need a little release now and then - that's for sure!

ICraft
06-13-2011, 01:53 AM
OK players - Itraders are done, my reps are done for my trades and the cards are going in the mail Monday at noon - I love it when I can do a fast turn around so no one has to wait very long for their cards. I'll be watching the forum to see when the cards start arriving to their new homes! Thanks again to everyone for playing - you were wonderful!!!!!!!

trinitysmomma07
06-13-2011, 03:13 AM
ooooo i am so excited!!! I cant wait!

ICraft
06-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm hoping some of you start getting your cards later today (Wednesday) - I think everyone will be very happy!

trinitysmomma07
06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
YAY! Just checked the mail and i LOVE my cards Dena! Thanks so much! Wonderful cards from Sharlene54, Theweavershand (:) ), and Evalila! THANK YOU! off to leave rep points

theweavershand
06-15-2011, 04:48 PM
woohoo! returns are in! thanks so much Dena for hosting! you totally rock! thanks to Minnkel, goatgirl and donnacr for the fabulous cards!!

ICraft
06-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Yay the cards are arriving - luckily I was able to honor the "hints" left in the forum - I really like when players do that - it just gives me a better insight to the types of cards you might like and even if I can't send the actual card you hinted about sometimes I can send something similar to it so thanks for helping out players!!!

studio39designs
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I just received ATCs from Soto, donnacr and maggiebloom today - love them all!! Thanks for the cards, and thanks to Dena for hosting!!:jiggy:

ICraft
06-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Another happy player - just what I live for. :jiggy:

jaw
06-17-2011, 12:46 AM
:jiggy: They're Here!!!!! :jiggy:
Thank you so much for hosting ICraft!
And thanks to: lafaver55 ~ "rosette", Sparkly Girl ~ "Pretty in Pink 7 of diamonds", Mariak ~ "into the light", Minnkel ~ "Spring Flowers", maggiebloom ~ "camember", goatgirl ~ #1 of 7.
I LOVE 'EM ALL!!!

mrubyjean
06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Mine, too....lovely cards from minnkel, Sparkly Girl and our excellent host, ICraft ~ many thanks!

Evalila
06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Received some wonderful cards today from Cardmama, trinitysmomma07 and Wil. Many thanks to you and of course to our lovely hostess! Off to leave points...

alanabannana
06-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I need to go to napkins anonymous :unsure: We had a birthday at work today and they had the loveliest apple napkins. I did not use mine, got a paper towel and took another from the pile as I left the room.

I did get my cards yesterday from Jaw, goatgirl and Nora. they are all lovely. Thanks for hosting ICraft and I'll be ready for the next napkin beeswax swap with my "swiped" apple napkins!!

Wil Opio Oguta
06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
LOL Had to laugh about you stealing a napkin Alana, I did the same yesterday. And yes my cards have arrived as well. Thanks to SOTO, Cardmama and GoatGirl. And a big thank you for our hostess. Now off to leave reps and Itrader

HHC
06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Beautiful cards received from Mariak (3 of 4) Minnkel (Spring Garden Visitor) and theweavershand (Beeswax 4)! Thank you all! And a huge thank you to our hostess! :wubclub:

ICraft
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I need to go to napkins anonymous :unsure: We had a birthday at work today and they had the loveliest apple napkins. I did not use mine, got a paper towel and took another from the pile as I left the room.

I did get my cards yesterday from Jaw, goatgirl and Nora. they are all lovely. Thanks for hosting ICraft and I'll be ready for the next napkin beeswax swap with my "swiped" apple napkins!!

I'm so happy you are all enjoying your trades - I'd say this has been a successful swap!!!

As for you alanabannana - I am just as shameless - I am constantly telling my daughters and mother to bring me napkins from any gatherings they attend. As a matter of fact my Mom lives in a community where a lot of her neighbors only live here part of the year. Their friends always give them their keys and ask them to check their places to make sure everything is okay - so I told her - make sure to ask all your friends if they have any spare napkins left over from your little parties and you can pick them up while you are doing your checks. haha I hope I get some pretty ones but I'm a little afraid they might mostly be those corny joke ones - blah!

trinitysmomma07
06-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm so happy you are all enjoying your trades - I'd say this has been a successful swap!!!

As for you alanabannana - I am just as shameless - I am constantly telling my daughters and mother to bring me napkins from any gatherings they attend. As a matter of fact my Mom lives in a community where a lot of her neighbors only live here part of the year. Their friends always give them their keys and ask them to check their places to make sure everything is okay - so I told her - make sure to ask all your friends if they have any spare napkins left over from your little parties and you can pick them up while you are doing your checks. haha I hope I get some pretty ones but I'm a little afraid they might mostly be those corny joke ones - blah!

LOL I have done it too...from birthday and graduation parties recently LOL

ICraft
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Oh gee - pretty soon we're going to need a therapy group for closet napkin swipers. haha

trinitysmomma07
06-17-2011, 10:38 PM
LMAO! :biglaugh:

Donnacr
06-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Who's a closet napkin thief? I am quite blatant at taking pretty napkins from family gatherings (my husband does walk the other way though :D)

ICraft
06-18-2011, 10:19 AM
People probably think you are being sentimental about the occasion or something taking a little momento - little do they know - hahaha - it's for crafting!!! haha Hmmm let's see I have my grandson's b-day party today - Dinosaurs - I'm not sure about that theme for an ATC but we'll see. :D

goatgirl
06-18-2011, 11:20 PM
ICraft, thanks for hosting! I received lovely cards from HHC, maggiebloom, JAW, Cardmama, sharlene54, and Wil Opio Oguta.

HHC
06-19-2011, 12:09 AM
I confess... I take napkins too. And I have a couple of friends who have taken them for me.

Unfortunately, I showed them what all I do with them, and now they keep them for themselves. humph! ;)

sharlene54
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I have to say that I have done the same-taking napkins. I try not to let anyone see me do it. If they have seen me, I wonder what they might think. No matter, I'll keep doing it especially knowing that I have partners out there.

I received wonderful cards from Mariak -"Mosaic", Evalila-"Poppies" & trinitysmomma07 "8 of Spades". Thanks to all and to our fab hostess.

aznfg
06-20-2011, 02:17 AM
My husband thinks I'm really nuts for trading for napkins. I'm not swiping them from anywhere yet. I also got my cards from maggiebloom, ICraft and sharlene54. Thank you to ICraft for hosting and to everyone else for playing and collecting napkins.

ICraft
06-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I confess... I take napkins too. And I have a couple of friends who have taken them for me.

Unfortunately, I showed them what all I do with them, and now they keep them for themselves. humph! ;)

Should have kept it a secret and just keep people wondering why you collect napkins. haha Luckily for me my mom doesn't do any crafty thing so she's been a great source of napkins. haha

ICraft
06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
My husband thinks I'm really nuts for trading for napkins. I'm not swiping them from anywhere yet. I also got my cards from maggiebloom, ICraft and sharlene54. Thank you to ICraft for hosting and to everyone else for playing and collecting napkins.

Since I've been saving strange things for crafting for years I don't think my husband even thought twice when I started my little napkin obsession. haha He probably thought "Oh great another craft item she'll need a million of because you never know what you'll want to use." hee-hee

Glad you liked your cards and enjoyed the swap!

Donnacr
06-21-2011, 07:43 AM
My amazing cards arrived today - so different and all wonderful from: cardmama, theweavershand and studio39designs.
I am still working on my beeswax skills so thank you ICraft for giving me another chance to practise

off to leave points for all

SOTO
06-25-2011, 01:50 AM
many thanks to studio39designs, mrubyjean and maggiebloom for their beautiful atcs, and a special thanks to our host, Dena, for providing so many good tips for this technique! I've left YouRock for maggie and iTrader for Dena, but for some reason, the site won't let me leave You Rock for mrubyjean or studio39designs. I'll try later!!

SOTO

ICraft
06-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Glad you had fun in the swap and liked your returns!!! This was a really fun swap for me too!!!

Cardmama
06-28-2011, 03:16 PM
ok... slacker that I can be, I finally got my "you rock" and itrader posted. Awesome cards!! Thanks to our hostess and the players

jaw
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
many thanks to studio39designs, mrubyjean and maggiebloom for their beautiful atcs, and a special thanks to our host, Dena, for providing so many good tips for this technique! I've left YouRock for maggie and iTrader for Dena, but for some reason, the site won't let me leave You Rock for mrubyjean or studio39designs. I'll try later!!

SOTO

You just need to leave 8 "you rock"s before you can leave it for that same player again ... just cruise around and compliment people and you'll be able to leave for them again. If you have already left a "you rock" on that particular post, though, it won't let you leave another there. :)

maggiebloom
07-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Cards finally arrived after the #**#+ mail strike - but are worth the wait! Thanks for hosting, Dena , and to all the great cardmakers.