PDA

View Full Version : Postage Stamp a-thon May 13-15

Pages : [1] 2 3

trini70
05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Just getting the date out there. I hope we'll get several players. Look forward to trading w/ many of you. I'd still like to have a co-moderator to help me keep up w/ all the actvity if anyone's available.

sniisk
05-03-2011, 12:51 PM
If you don't get any other, I can help :).

trini70
05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks sniisk. CynthisSillitoe has offered. If you'd like to help too, for the international time zones, that'd be fine by me. I'm starting to look forward to this. I have lots of ideas and am anxious to get to creating. But, alas, I have to wait another couple weeks.:spinny:

trini70
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Thought I should share some info in case there're any newbies out there interested in participating.

This a-thons will run from 12am Friday, 13th through 11:59pm Sunday, 15th in whatever time zone you are. You just create as many cards, in the theme, as you have time for during that time frame and post pics to the thread for trading. It can get hectic and sometimes the card you're intersted in will already be spoken for so you need to check in regularly and don't be nervous about asking someone for a trade. All of the cards for this a-thon need to have at least one used postage stamp on it and you can complete the card in whatever manner you choose. All media is welcome but some folks don't like to trade for bulky cards.

BekahStargazing
05-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I'd like to re-introduce myself to collage... So count me in (tentatively for now)!

KESagers
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Scored at Micheal's yesterday and found a lot of stuff to coordinate with the postage stamps that I have. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I can't wait. I've basically cleared the weekend of anything but art. :cute:

Evalila
05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
IŽll play - at least on Sunday! :D

miloccpep
05-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I'll be playing. The postage stamps are now lighter in weight as they're divorced from the envies!
I'v some ideas but sometimes they just don't translate onto the cards! LOL!

dsign49
05-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I wll try and play. I have the week-end off as of now. So looking forward to this and see what I can do with some of these postage stamps I have been saving.

ginabee
05-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I want to play! Our house is in the middle of being painted outside and baseboards inside. I watch the grands while our son/wife do that so...fingers crossed I can play.

Mouseit
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Looks like I am playing..LOL Just checked that Hubby was going to do his volunteer job at the Football gate - he is - so I am in!

Now gotta get my stamps soaked.......

Just love -a-thons... and I get to start first! yippee...LOL (looks around for any other NZers or Ozzies)

Blanche
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I would like to join in! I have Fri night & Sat to create. Not sure if I have enough points to join though.

HHC
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh, I have a lot of used postage stamps. :yes: I have a pretty full weekend, but should be able to play some. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't think there's any points requirements for an athon and, even if there were, 3 would be plenty, so come play! :)

Blanche
05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Yipee! I am already soaking stamps!
Thanks Cynthiha for answering - my first Athon!!!

memhill
05-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I've never participated in an a-thon, but have watched the magic as it's posted. I have gobs of stamps (thank you AC Moore) and hope to find some time to play this weekend.

Blanche
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
This may be a stupid question, but what's with soaking the stamps? Is this how you remove them from the paper they were on? I could use a trick for that. If I'm not able to pull it off I just cut the paper around it LOL

HollyBear,

Exactly! I fill a large bowl with warm water and dunk the stamps with the envelope backing in the water. I guess I should say I have either torn or cut away the rest of the envelpoe first. When they start lifting away from the paper, I very gently swirl them in the water to remove any extra glue from the back of the stamp. Then carefully remove from the water and lay out on paper towels, cover with paper towels and put a heavy book on top overnight. The next day they should be dry and flat!

Would love to hear how others do it!

KESagers
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I had so-so success with soaking the sticker postage stamps so I've started just cutting them off the envelope. Some of them just wouldn't release - no matter how long I soaked them.

Update:

Just checked the other thread and Mouseit and miloccpep have a great tip about hot water . . .

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18875&page=3

CynthiaSillitoe
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I can't wait until Friday!!!

Here's another tip: if that stamp is on brightly colored paper, trimming around might be better than soaking because the paper might bleed on the stamps. Red paper (like from Christmas envelopes) is the worst that way.

katrinabean86
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
lol we picked the days that I won't be at home because I'm house sitting for someone! :D Oh well. I hope to get some cards done at least.

Mouseit
05-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Actual soaking stamps takes more of your time than I thought...LOL but then I didn't find the ones I wanted first, just started to soak. hmmm well thats one night of unsticking.....only ruined 3 stamps so thats ok......

Mouseit
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't wait until Friday!!!

Here's another tip: if that stamp is on brightly colored paper, trimming around might be better than soaking because the paper might bleed on the stamps. Red paper (like from Christmas envelopes) is the worst that way.

Now you tell me....LOL I did this last night and had to watch the paper... also I had the same effect with yellow business envelopes too.....only they bled yellow of course! LOL

Mouseit
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Repeating my message from the other thread.....

I soak them in really really hot water, just boiled from a kettle/jug into a bowl and let them soak, I then use tweezers (2 pairs) to gentle pull them apart (the option on GENTLE here LOL) and while the stamp is still wet and hot I give them a gentle rub with my thumb to get rid of the access sticky stuff.....its a knack and practice helps..LOL and then put them on paper towel as was suggested.

I didn't mention that you should put your stamps on the paper towel FACE DOWN, this helps them from curling.

Cynthiastillitoe can tell you her tips.....

memhill
05-10-2011, 09:27 PM
If you're like me, and can't wait for them to dry under a book, you can iron them. I learned that back in January when we had three snow days from school in a row!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
lol we picked the days that I won't be at home because I'm house sitting for someone! :D Oh well. I hope to get some cards done at least.

Oh, no! Do you have an emergency art kit? :spinny:

Now you tell me....LOL I did this last night and had to watch the paper... also I had the same effect with yellow business envelopes too.....only they bled yellow of course! LOL

Oops. :wacko: And face-down is a great tip. I didn't learn that until I'd been soaking stamps for 20 years. (Face-down also keeps them from sticking to the paper towels if they are still glue-y on the back.)

Damaged stamps can sometimes be saved if you're doing collage....layer something over. Or if you're doing something vintage, an old damaged stamp looks great. When I was doing decoupaged boxes, I covered some with postage stamps. I did the first layers with damaged stamps.

As to acquiring stamps, some places still have little stores that sell postage stamp collecting stuff. One thing about either shopping there (or befriending stamp collectors) is that they might have excess stamps that they'll sell you cheap. Or they'll have stuff they can't sell. For some reason, a lot of collectors don't like Christmas or Valentine stamps and those are great for art.

Is it Friday yet? :)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
If you're like me, and can't wait for them to dry under a book, you can iron them. I learned that back in January when we had three snow days from school in a row!

Oooh, great tip! I'd never thought of that.

GALZART
05-10-2011, 11:23 PM
As to acquiring stamps, some places still have little stores that sell postage stamp collecting stuff. One thing about either shopping there (or befriending stamp collectors) is that they might have excess stamps that they'll sell you cheap. Or they'll have stuff they can't sell. For some reason, a lot of collectors don't like Christmas or Valentine stamps and those are great for art.
:)

You can purchase bags of used stamps at Hobby Lobby.

Theresagram
05-11-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm ready for it!!

jaw
05-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Y'all can laugh at me but .... I just peel the paper off the stamp and use 'em. I glue 'em down and/or paint over and have never felt the need to soak 'em. Seems like a lot of extra time and work to me and ... well... I have no patience. I have also scanned a few that I really like (the alzheimers stamp for one) and print out a page and use my fancy-shmancy scissors to cut 'em so they look like the real deal. .... am I voted off the island now?

HHC
05-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Well jaw, I scan my favorites also (I have some cool old ones I don't want to "use"). If that's a problem we'll be voted off together. LOL!

And way back when my grandma or auntie said something about steaming them off... or maybe that was steaming envelopes open... hmmm. Never mind. :laugh:

Donnacr
05-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Mouseit - I'll be joining you in starting early but it will have to be VERY early (as in just the other side of midnight on Friday) as Fridays are the busiest days of my week :mad: - BAD PLANNING!!
I have done a major soak off - now I just have to organise them so I can find the ones I KNOW I have (but can never find :nah:)
Bring on Friday!!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm psyched to see such wonderful artists coming to play! And JAW is ready to lead a revolution, hooray! I'd never thought of scanning them. I just keep buying them and stashing them away, which is great until I forget where I stashed them. My family hopes I live forever so that they don't have to deal with my stuff.

Today and tomorrow are all about getting chores out of the way so I have time to play. I'm also thinking about placing a major takeout Chinese food order so I have lots of food in the fridge and don't need to cook. :)

Mouseit
05-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Just a thought with where to get stamps... any of you close to the receptionist/ Secretary at your work place? As that is my position I always get to open the mail, and steal OH OH I Mean KEEP the stamps.. LOL As its a school I also ask the other teachers etc to save me the stamps.

Maybe your partners work? Ask them to save them for you as your doing a "project" its amazing how many I collect over a few weeks.

We also have "mission" packs of stamps here that can be purchased for a reasonable price at places like KMart. (The money goes to help the missionaries - well it did)

Donnar - SO Glad I am not starting all alone! Heehee..... Will be soaking more stamps tonight! - Oh Wait its Thursday Girls night.. Oh well!!

Theresagram
05-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I have never tried atc's using postage stamps...only my rubber stamps. So this will be very different for me. But I've got some interesting stamps and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Just Ducky
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
so OK... I got Ducky lickin' stamps OFF old envelopes tonight... I must have been hiding under a rock the last couple weeks, just now saw we having a MaRAThon weekend...
and now I only got ONe ???? day to get ready???? yikes...

GoldenWolf
05-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Jaw, I peel the stamps off too whenever possible. If they tear a little, I just collage something over.

Actually, hosting is a great way to add to the postage stamp stash. Not only do people include them as host gifts ( I do list it in my profile), but you also get them off the envies that the returns are sent to you in.

jaw
05-12-2011, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=GoldenWolf;989108]Jaw, I peel the stamps off too whenever possible. If they tear a little, I just collage something over.[QUOTE]
Amen Sistah!!!! Collage can fix anything!!! :biglaugh:

KittyNL
05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Ah, finally..... another a-thon :). I also have some other things to do this weekend, but I will play in between. And I have a girlfriend over this Sunday, we are going to make some ATCs together, might be a good idea to have her join as well!

And about soaking the stamps.... I normally glue them with the torn piece of the envelope in the collage, OK, a bit lazy, I admit :cute:.

Evalila
05-12-2011, 08:45 AM
And about soaking the stamps.... I normally glue them with the torn piece of the envelope in the collage, OK, a bit lazy, I admit :cute:.

I found a better way - I let hubby do the soaking and peeling off the stamps from the envelopes :biglaugh:
(Okay, he collects stamps and always gives me the leftovers ;))

lkastello
05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I can play on Friday and maybe Sunday night...
LOVE POSTAGE STAMPS
and just came upon my childhood stash while getting ready for our next move!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Do we want challenges? Anyone have any ideas for challenges? Or are we feeling challenged enough? :)

jaw
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll only get to play a bit ... but I want to try postage stamp people ....

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 01:50 PM
PS-athon 2 - Dancers. Mag cutout and postage stamp.
PS-athon 1 - Geisha. Mag cutout and postage stamp.

Either I am tired or my muse is missing. It actually took me more than an hour to come up with this two! I may add tiny colored crane to brighten the cards.

KESagers
05-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Wonderful start Miloccpep! I like you idea of a colored crane.

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Colored crane it shall be then! Appreciate your support!

There you are.

PS-athon 1 - Geisha. Mag cutout and postage stamp.
PS-athon 2 - Dancers. Mag cutout and postage stamp.

mrubyjean
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I'll only get to play a bit ... but I want to try postage stamp people ....

Me, too, jaw! I am in awe of the wonderful postage stamp people some artists create. I can't quite get the hang of it.

I do find using postage stamps challenging. I'll often find a beautiful stamp...then I'm at a loss at how to fill up the rest of the card around the stamp!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I've never managed postage stamp people either. Maybe I'll give that a try. Mostly, I'll just be glad to get some time to spend on art. Today I'm doing chores I usually put off until the weekend. :)

Great cards miloccpep!

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Erh... what's postage stamp people?

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Trying to figure out how to post examples...well, here are some:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18382&page=4&highlight=postage+stamp+person

Tamrantula has some on post 73 on the above thread. Jonquil has some postage stamp animals on the first page of the same thread. (I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but...)

Basically, you expand on the postage stamp, like Tamrantula used the head of Marge Simpson from the postage stamp and then created the dress and background.

Here's another page. Jonquil has more on post 127 and Trini on 137:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18382&page=7&highlight=postage+stamp+person

KESagers
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Miloccpep - love those little cranes!

Those postage stamp people are so great - I never would have thought of that.

mrubyjean
05-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, miloccpep...the cranes make a beautiful addition to your cards!

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Trying to figure out how to post examples...well, here are some:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18382&page=4&highlight=postage+stamp+person

Tamrantula has some on post 73 on the above thread. Jonquil has some postage stamp animals on the first page of the same thread. (I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but...)

Basically, you expand on the postage stamp, like Tamrantula used the head of Marge Simpson from the postage stamp and then created the dress and background.

Here's another page. Jonquil has more on post 127 and Trini on 137:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18382&page=7&highlight=postage+stamp+person

Aah! Very interesting. I might try it! I have quite a number of people stamp, so ...Thanks for the infor..

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks mrubyjean!

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
My first postage stamp people! Whoot!
Painter: Postage stamp from Paris, and cutout body of artist painter? TRADED

Mouseit
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
If I feel challenged enough do I have to do the challenges? LOL

If we need to add cranes like Mil, then I am out for the count, although I have made them years ago have no idea how to do them now...LOL

Although I certainly would give thechallenges a go, just don't know how successful I would be...LOL

Ohhhhh I have only 5 1/2 hours to go! whoohooo and I still have to search out what I want to do...LOL Have to work until 4.15pm so I am going to be dreaming making them til then...LOL

Donnar you any more prepared than I am?

mrubyjean
05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
My first postage stamp people! Whoot!
Painter: Postage stamp from Paris, and cutout body of artist painter?

miloccpep ~ I LOVE your postage stamp painter! WOW...you sure got inspired quickly!

jaw
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Well of course you have to do the challenges ... that is not an option... *hahahahahhahaaaaa* You just do whatever you want!!! (as long as it includes postage stamps!)
:jiggy:

trini70
05-12-2011, 05:27 PM
:spinny:Welcome to the Postage Stamp a-thon everyone!:v_spin:

I'm so tardy! The creating has already begun and already we have some great cards for trades. I want to thank my co-captain for the weekend, cynthiasillitoe, for picking up the slack for me. I'll be around more for the rest of the time, except while I'm at work tomarrow. Have fun creating everyone! I can't wait to see all the cards that come out of this.

HHC
05-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh, postage stamp people sound fun. I've never actually done them... off to look for bodies for some of the head stamps I have... :spinny:

trini70
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Jaw, I too have no patience for soaking off stamps. I just cut around them. It's good to know that I'm not the only one. I've never thought about using torn stamps, but, then again, I don't have any that're torn.

*TIP* When I send in a swap I always put a stamp on the return envie that I want back to reuse on an atc.

trini70
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
I did a gallery search for "postage" and this is what came up. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/search.php
Maybe it'll help to inspire somebody.

jaw
05-12-2011, 07:57 PM
uh .... that's just a search page:huh: ... I'm inspired to search for something ... does that count? :twitcy:

jensaz
05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I will try to play if I can get some time. miloccpep, love that card! FUN

lkastello
05-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I am getting ready for TOMORROW!!!!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Counting down the hours.....I'm definitely going to try some of those postage people.

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
PS athon 4 - Shopping, postage stamp of Senator Margaret Chase Smith.

If only I could get my hand on a profile that faces the way I want it to!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I like her ponytail!

Ok, my chores are done. I'm going to organize my desk a bit tonight and then be ready to start first thing tomorrow morning!

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks Cynthia! Do you think I should have the whole postage stamp shown, instead of half-hidden? Yeah, that ponytail was a quite a job! almost lost it!
I see it is only 9 pm your side of the ocean. I will postpone my appointment to Nikon to see if they can repair my camera. Will focus on the athon, otherwise, it would take me another 3 or 4 hours to get done! An Origami snake spit venom at it! Had to scan him instead! LOL!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I actually like it covered. You can tell it's a postage stamp by the top, but it also blends in well.

A spitting Origami snake? I wouldn't turn my back on him/her.

I'm tempted to stay up late and work through the night, but I shouldn't. I'm not a great sleeper and if I get on a late schedule, it'll take me weeks to get back to the normal one.

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks! I feel more confident now to carry one with whatever comes to mind. See you later and sleep well!

Just Ducky
05-12-2011, 10:57 PM
OK... duck licked OFF some stamps for me... he's such a goooood ducky... now I got to get them unstuck from his big webbed feet..

challange ??? you kiddin' of coarse... my mind is challanged enough ... looking at my available stamps, but dang, I got a big stack of stamped envelopes somePLACE.... been hording them since my first trade... can't find my stach... but I got enough to play this weekend...

RITA... love all your People/stamp cards... will have to think on this overnite...

miloccpep
05-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey Ducky! Good to see ya. You'r MIA for quite awhile, or was it I? You should have a wide varieties of stamp from Singapore! I usually used the new postage stamps to mail for my trade.
Talk to you later...

miloccpep
05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
PS athon 5: Postage stamp of James A. Mitchener, author. He was one of my fave author and I read ALL his novels! The other side of me is a line off a song...

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Hey Ducky! Night, Rita!

Ok, just sorting through stuff...I realized I'm going to have way too much fun with postage stamp people. In fact, I just ordered enough take-out food for lunch and dinner tomorrow! Now I have to try to sleep.......

sniisk
05-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I hope to play in the evening or tomorrow evening. I got some unexpected work to do :(.

miloccpep
05-13-2011, 02:35 AM
PSathon 6: Postage stamps of Mother Teresa: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee by John Donne.
Postage stamp of bell
TRADED

KittyNL
05-13-2011, 02:54 AM
I love the stamp people! I might try a few myself later. I need to do some chores, but will be back later today... but I do have one hour or so before my first meeting...opportunities :). Let me see if I squeeze in one (or two) ATCs NOW.

KittyNL
05-13-2011, 03:59 AM
I did manage to do 2 this morning :). I really need to go now, but I will be back!

1. Picture on the wall traded
2. Blue bird traded

Mouseit
05-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Is it time yet??? OH yes it is!! heehee Waaaayyy past time really..LOL
Raced home from work, fed the cat, (still have to feed the dogs) and made my first card....

PS1 : Follow your dream. TRADED

sniisk
05-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Beautiful cards, girls!

GoldenWolf
05-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Love all the wonderful cards especially the postage stamp people. My SO is going to be here this weekend. He usually goes to bed before me so I hope I can squeeze in some time late night and/or Sunday afternoon or evening.

Tinka
05-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Here are my first Postage stamp atc's:

71487 - Butterfly - traded

71488 - Mail delivery

71489 - PostCard - traded

Mouseit
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
I am retiring early tonight.... have a headache and its only getting worse.... thought I would just search out my stamps tonight so I felt like I was doing something...LOL

Sooo its zooming off to bed for me....see you bright and early......I shall be ready then!!!

OHHH and DUCKY..... WATCH THIS SPACE...... you are not going to believe what I have found...LOL

Wil Opio Oguta
05-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Such pretty cards have been posted. Here are my first 3 atc's for this a-thon:

dsign49
05-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Great Postage stamp cards ladies.
Hope to join in tomorrow for a while.

Theresagram
05-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm here. Might be tonight before I get to work on cards though.

HHC
05-13-2011, 10:37 AM
You all have done some wonderful cards! I hope to get started soon. :)

Suze
05-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Ducks, I right behind you. I got all excited about this "a thon". Then forgot. Gonna soak some stamps in hot water...........or cut them out, or go the Ducky route and lick them off.
I don't have tons of stamps , but I've got some unique cancelled ones. Just am not sure how to work with them (as in collaging). And I've lost my "thinking cap". ; )

Wil Opio Oguta
05-13-2011, 10:54 AM
And here are 3 more: Rudbeckia, Christmas in May and Wedding couple. I admit I bought the stamp with the roses especially for this a-thon:wubclub:

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow, lots of wonderful cards! Ok, off to create I go....

minnkel
05-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Stamps are soaking, stamps are drying, bits of cut paper everywhere!! And here are my first three.....the puppy series. All are available for trade.

Are You Listening? -- TRADED
Heart of Gold -- TRADED
Where Do I Fit In? -- TRADED

RobbyGirl
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh gosh I almost missed this! I better get to work!! Beautiful art so far!

minnkel
05-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Here's my next series.....clocks/time.

Overtime -- TRADED
Time Passes By
Time to Get Wild -- TRADED
Time and Time Again

KESagers
05-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Wonderful cards! I need to go get to work on mine!

jaw
05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Here's a few ... now off to work .. see y'all later! :O)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_psat_001.jpgtradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_psat_002.jpgpsat2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_psat_003.jpgpsat3http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_psat_004.jpgtraded

Wil Opio Oguta
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Here are two music cards:

sniisk
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Sooooo many great cards!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Here are a few from me. The butterfly woman is actually just a stamp of a butterfly and I realized I could slip the woman in. So much fun!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 01:37 PM
And these:

minnkel
05-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Finished up some butterfies before heading off for a bite of lunch!

Flight Path -- TRADED
Butterfly Goes Green
Purple Beauty -- TRADED

sniisk
05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Making cards and watching ice hockey :). It's a good combination. I hope we won't loose today but of course we will...

KESagers
05-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Cheering for your ice hocky team Sniisk!

My first cards for the PSAT this weekend. The background is one of my original kaliedoscopes. (I know the flowers in the background are not pansies but the colors match.) Over stamped with StazOn ink and embellished. This is a photo weight card and as you can see I have 4 available to trade. ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Pansies-USA.jpg
Pansies USA

jaw
05-13-2011, 02:12 PM
What fun!! Love 'em all ...
okay ... REALLY leaving for work now!!! LOL

KittyNL
05-13-2011, 02:12 PM
WOW, what a lovely cards!! I have 3 more to post and then I will check the gallery and see which ones I would love to add to my collection.. :spinny:

3. Blue
4. Black and white traded
5. Flamingo traded

Evalila
05-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Ooooh, so many great cards!

Is anyone doing APCs? I just finished 2, theyŽre still drying, so IŽll upload them tomorrow - or an Sunday as weŽll have some friends visiting us tomorrow.

sniisk
05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I made some APC backgrounds and hope to finish the cards too :).

lafaver55
05-13-2011, 02:35 PM
TGIF ready to trade some cards!

lafaver55
05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
More Cards

sniisk
05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
My first cards today.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_116.jpg PSAT #1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_73.jpg PSAT #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_107.jpg PSAT #3 TRADED

sniisk
05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I think I'm too tired to do anything else today. I've working 5*11 hours this week. I hope to have more free time tomorrow.

KESagers
05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Have a nice evening Sniisk - I hope you can put your feet up and relax.

More cards for the PSAT this weekend. The background is one of my original kaliedoscopes. (I know the flowers in the background are not the same as the stamp but the colors match.) Over stamped with StazOn ink and embellished. This is a photo weight card and I have 3 of each available to trade.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Yellow-Flower-Canada.jpg
Yellow Flower Canada

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Yellow-Butterfly-Canada.jpg
Yellow Butterfly Canada

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Wonderful cards everyone! I hope to get an evening session in.

mrubyjean
05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Ohhh...it is so hard to have to work today...with so many clever, fun and lovely cards being made!! I did manage to put together a couple before leaving (and being late!) for work...they will be dry when I get home.

KittyNL
05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
This is my last one for today... I will be back tomorrow!

6. New York traded

trini70
05-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Alright, I'm home from work and am ready to put some music on and get to repurposing some stamps. First though I'll get caught up w/ the thread. Guaging from the number of posts since yesterday evening it looks like everyone's been quite busy so far.

lkastello
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Here are two music cards:

I LOVE, LOVE these!!!:notworthy:

trini70
05-13-2011, 04:06 PM
I did a gallery search for "postage" and this is what came up. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/search.php
Maybe it'll help to inspire somebody.

uh .... that's just a search page:huh: ... I'm inspired to search for something ... does that count? :twitcy:

OOPS:wacko: Well just type in postage and click search then. I never have been good at posting urls.:goofy:

lafaver55
05-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Charisse lafaver55
looks like I am into birds and butterflies and of course postage stamps this weekend....

trini70
05-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Okay, I'm all caught up. All the cards are great! I need to get to work so I can start asking for trades. Be back in awhile.

KESagers
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Some doggie cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Happy-Happy.jpg
Happy Happy

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Stella.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Nehi.jpg
Stella, Nehi

NYJunkie
05-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm having fun looking at all the ways people are using postage stamps. Love them and hope I can find a few hours to make some cards.

Wil Opio Oguta
05-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Here are 3 more cards, no specific theme or country. Just stamps which I have and like:spinny:, Koala in tree, All that music and Necklaces

Wil Opio Oguta
05-13-2011, 05:56 PM
And these 2 atc's based on Australian stamps are the last ones for me for today: Koala and Platypus

KESagers
05-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Some kitties for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Black-Kitties.jpg
Black Kitties-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Calico-Kitty.jpg
Calico Kitty

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Grey-Kitty.jpg
Grey Kitty- traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Tortoiseshell-Kitty.jpg
Tortoiseshell Kitty - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Orange-Kitty.jpg
Orange Kitty- traded

trini70
05-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Got my first two done!
~"Lincoln, The Politician"
~"Blue"

minnkel
05-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Last ones for today I think (four more in a following post)......but you just never know what the evening will bring. Seven kids here for the weekend...just might hide out in the studio!!!

Cuppa Java -- ON HOLD
Tea Time -- TRADED
Coffee Break -- TRADED

minnkel
05-13-2011, 06:54 PM
And the last four. On the Nostalgia ones I didn't add much as I think they are so interesting on their own. From a group of ephemera I got years ago.

You've Got Mail (the Russian air mail was from a group of ephemera most dating in the early 1900s) -- TRADED

Nostalgia #1 (Couldn't make out the date on this one but notice that the address has no address or code)

Nostalgia #2 (Postmark Feb. 24, 1928. The return address I added in the bottom right corner) -- TRADED

Nostalgia #3 (Penny postcard postage...increased by the P.O. to 2 cents. It was only the beginning!)

RobbyGirl
05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
MinnKel couldn't leave you rep again but coffee break is great!

Tinka
05-13-2011, 07:04 PM
I just uploaded my last PS cards of the day - of to bed now (1 pm)
They are in my gallery here:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=226768

KESagers
05-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Sleep well Tinka!

Mouseit
05-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Morning all! How are all the happy campers who are still out there creating?

All ready to start, just waiting for my hubby to disappear to the football.....
I put the dishwasher on last night ready for me to unpack this morning, hubby thought it hadn't been done so redid it.. I have to laugh though thats what I get for interfering in his house keeping...LOL

Ok off to create!

minnkel
05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks RobbyGirl!!

MinnKel couldn't leave you rep again but coffee break is great!

minnkel
05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Ain't Football Great?????

Morning all! How are all the happy campers who are still out there creating?

All ready to start, just waiting for my hubby to disappear to the football.....
I put the dishwasher on last night ready for me to unpack this morning, hubby thought it hadn't been done so redid it.. I have to laugh though thats what I get for interfering in his house keeping...LOL

Ok off to create!

Blanche
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I have been lurking throughout the day from my phone. Amazing & beautiful work posted, I mean to tell you! I want to trade for all of them! Oh decisions, decisions (cuz I can't make that many!) hehe :chatterbox:

Here's my first that are done:

1. Iowa - Traded - Thanks!
2. James - Traded - Thanks!
3. Live - Traded - Thanks!

lkastello
05-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Hoping to post tomorrow...today did not go as planned...
thank you very much Friday the 13th!

KESagers
05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
I gotta ask - where is everyone finding bodies for the stamp heads? They are matching so perfectly!

Mouseit
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Sure got my roller skates on this morning, the washing machine is bipping at me, should I touch it or leave it for Hubby....LOL

Yes football is great.. I am alllll Alloonnneee... heehee

PS2 : Be a star. TRADED

RobbyGirl
05-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Okay here's my first one. The number 10's are stamps from the Netherlands (Charcoal, Gesso, Metallic Gel Pens etc.)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Numbers.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=226779) PSAT #1/Numbers TRADED

alanabannana
05-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Made a few cards tonight. I'ts been ages since I was able to participate in a weekend art event. PSAT 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Green and pansy cards on hold as well as the PSAT 1

citykitten
05-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I am hoping to play along at some stage, today is a very busy day.
Loving all the cards that are up already - great work!

RobbyGirl
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
and #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Hurry_Woman.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=226786) #2 Hurry Woman

miloccpep
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM
The Queen postage stamps. The is no repeat on one card... all different and a couple of the stamps are really very old.

PSathon 9
PSathon 10
PSathon 11

miloccpep
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
PSathon 7
PSathon 8

I have one more 'body' but do not have a Bart postage stamp! Aaarh!:mad:

lafaver55
05-13-2011, 09:17 PM
A few more cards:

Nancy
05-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say great work everyone.. I have 6 posted in my gallery and more almost ready to post tomorrow....so check them out when you are ready to trade.

sharlene54
05-13-2011, 09:34 PM
My first 3 cards: in my gallery
1. the Mask-traded
2. Survival
3. Nature's Complexity

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 10:57 PM
I gotta ask - where is everyone finding bodies for the stamp heads? They are matching so perfectly!

I went down to the crime lab and.... :wideeyed:

I've just kind of been going through my stash of magazine clippings and clip art. I also found some paper doll clothes this evening that work pretty well. I'm getting very addicted to them although tomorrow I hope to make some APCs, too.

A few more from me. (Did I mention I have the house to myself this weekend? Nothing but art and Chinese food.)

HotMamaRama
05-13-2011, 11:05 PM
What-cha all doing???? Just popping in to ooohhh and aaaahhhh at all your loverly cards!!! Not sure I'll get a chance to play this weekend, but I'll be watching now and then at least!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 11:12 PM
We're having way too much fun! At least I am....

Three more and then I've got to sleep....perchance to dream of postage people/animals....

HotMamaRama
05-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Those cats are fabulous!!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks. :) I don't recommend trying to dress real cats.

Good to see you here and I hope you get time to play.

trini70
05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
I've got some more done but they'll have to wait til tomarrow to be uploaded. I'm about to head off to bed. I'm loving all the cards I've seen. My mind will be racing w/ ideas and wondering what great cards'll be created while I sleep. I love how worldly this group is, heck, if we weren't we wouldn't have all these cool stamps to work w/.

I've only made one ps person so far but I think that ads are a great place to find bodies.

KESagers
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
I gotta say "Goodnight" also but here is one last one for the day:

The background is one of my original kaliedoscopes. Over stamped with StazOn ink and embellished. This is a photo weight card and I have 4 available to trade.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Deutschland-Pink.jpg
Deutschland Pink

Just Ducky
05-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I have some show and tell for postage lovers... have been hanging on to some of these just waiting for a time and place... so this is the TIME and the PLACE

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_1.jpg Postage #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_2.jpg Postage #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_3.jpg Postage #3 TRADED... thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_4.jpg Postage #4

HHC
05-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh wow, you have all created some lovely art.

My muse hasn't been cooperating, not that I've had much time to actually sit down and create anyway. I have a few started, and will see if I can get them done tonight. :)

Suze
05-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Loving all the art here, wonderful! Got two done!! and I'm too tired to upload ...Now off to bed .... and dreams of Postage Stamps...oh the heck with that, DREAMS of cute cabana boys in Cancun and strawberry pina colada's. :P (I'll dream of going postal tomorrow during my nap :)

jaw
05-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Home from work now ... hoping to make a couple tonight .. we'll see ... gotta get up early to go back to work ... I wanna play art ... I don't wanna work tomorrow ... :cry: ... sure glad I love my job, though! :jiggy:

Evalila
05-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Oooh, wonderful cards everyone!

Here are my first two:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1361_1_.jpg # 1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_IMG_1366_1_.jpg # 2

theweavershand
05-14-2011, 01:14 AM
id love to play. i have so many wonderful postage stamps. ive really got to finish some swaps this weekend though. we'll see how it goes. when does this end?

HHC
05-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Amy, I believe it goes through Sunday night at midnight. I hope you can play. I need to get some swaps done too. :)

sniisk
05-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Good morning :). And it really is a good one because we bet Russia yesterday :cool:.

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Goodmorning to you all. I will be playing today. Yesterday, just before I went to bed I found some 'bodies' for my stamps, so I will try some stamp people today. And I found out I had more stamps then I thought... enough for several a-thons actually :). Well, let me get ready. See ya later.

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 02:58 AM
I went down to the crime lab and.... :wideeyed:

I've just kind of been going through my stash of magazine clippings and clip art. I also found some paper doll clothes this evening that work pretty well. I'm getting very addicted to them although tomorrow I hope to make some APCs, too.

A few more from me. (Did I mention I have the house to myself this weekend? Nothing but art and Chinese food.)

OH Where's our chinese? I love it! heehee Had it for Tea on night, then lunch the next day then my sister decided to go out to a restaurant.. heehee YEP CHINESE.. did I complain... OH NO... LOL

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Cynthia, maybe I should have asked what were you doing at the crime lab? heehee
Stealing their stamps?????

NIGHT to those going to bed... HELLO to those waking up..LOL what a world we live in....

Here is #PS3..Olympic flame.....alright I will admit I had trouble with it which is why its taken so long.. LOL I used an ink that overwhelmed it and had to do the background again....
Turned out MUCH better this time....LOL

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 04:54 AM
Two from me this morning. I have some problems with matching the postage stamps to my images and backgrounds, but I have some ideas lined up. Just need to find appropriate backgrounds for these.

7. Black and White II traded
8. Mister Capricorn

citykitten
05-14-2011, 05:55 AM
I really wanted to play today but have been out all day (today was my birthday) and now I am so tired I am just sitting at my work area looking at the stamps and don't seem to have the energy to arrange them - but I will head off to bed and be up bright and early to create some.

Evalila
05-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Here are my next two - Mouseit has first pick on these ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_MouseI010.jpg # 3 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_MouseII011.jpg # 4 TRADED

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 06:25 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CITY KITTEN... I hope you had a great day!!

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Here is #PS4 - I am on a roll now, that I got over the fixing of #3...LOL

#PS4 : Under the Sea. TRADED

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Congratulations Manda, I hope you had a lovely day!

9. Sea Side traded

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Here is #PS5: Remembrance TRADED

sniisk
05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Some new cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_19.jpg PSAT #4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_12.jpg PSAT #5 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_11.jpg PSAT #6

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 08:42 AM
3 more from me

10. Seaside 2 traded
11. Picture on the wall 2 traded
12. Lady Retriever (mmm... I just see that she is picking her nose hahaha, that's not very Lady-like :)) traded

lafaver55
05-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Charisse

These cards are fun to make.

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Well I am calling it a night, probably see you all and your fantastic cards tomorrow...LOL

Just uploading:
#PS6 - Just Ducky TRADED to you know who- even with the chicken tracks.. heehee

# PS7 - Our Nicole! TRADED

Night All!

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning! Crime labs and birthdays, Happy B-day City Kit, and betting in Russia!?! Sounds like a wonderful morning. I have tons of laundry to catch up on so I guess I'll just have to create art while I wait between loads yay!

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Goodnight Mouseit

Goodmorning RobbyGirl

Suze
05-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Happy Birthday CityK!!!
managed to get two done ; )
1. Just Married
2. Romantic Romania..trade pending

Vicky M
05-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I have 6 postage stamp atc's here :)
sorry couldn't add the link for my gallery . I don't have 15 posts...but they are in my gallery..

Blanche
05-14-2011, 10:32 AM
My, such busy bees over night! Lovin the cards - this is so much fun!!!

Here's my Round 2:

4. Dear Diary - Traded
5. Stamp-A-Thon - Traded
6. Torpedoes

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Here's my #3 a statement about thinking with your heart not your head!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Heart_not_Head.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=226945) Traded

ginabee
05-14-2011, 10:58 AM
:) I'm feeling inspired looking at the fabulous cards. Grandgirls coming over, today while their Daddy cuts trees. Hope to play, tomorrow.

HHC
05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Wow, love all the wonderful art you all are creating!

I've been going through my stamps and have ideas starting... I may actually get something done today. Maybe. LOL!

sharlene54
05-14-2011, 11:22 AM
WOW-The cards are so great. You all do such wonderful art.

My next two-in my gallery
#4-I Cannot Resist
#5-Flowers of the World-traded

Donnacr
05-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I have finally got a chance to catch up with the thread and load the cards that I have been making. Some GREAT cards by everyone, and so much imagination!! Here are mine:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0017.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0018.jpgPSAT #1 (see my Gallery for the story behind this stamp)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0019.jpgPSAT #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0020.jpgPSAT #3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0021.jpgPSAT #4

Donnacr
05-14-2011, 11:27 AM
And the rest of them:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0022.jpgPSAT #5
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0023.jpgPSAT #6
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0024.jpgPSAT #7 (on hold)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0025.jpgPSAT #8
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0026.jpgPSAT #9
And now I must go to bed. There will be more tomorrow.

CynthiaSillitoe
05-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Love waking up to all this great art! Yes, we're scheduled through Sunday at midnight, but we may have to do another of these some time.

I have more ideas, lots of heads but need more bodies (back to the crime lab), and want to try some APCs, too. First I've got to get my chocolate levels up. A bit of an art hangover, but I love it.

trini70
05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm up and ready to get creating! So many great cards and I'm afraid they'll be traded before I get the chance to ask. I need to get more done though before I start asking. Here're a couple more from last night.
~"Tiffany Lamp"
~"Matagordo Island Lighthouse" TRADED

KESagers
05-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Caught up on my messages and the thread and here are 3 to start me off today. :)

Lightweight chunkies. Please note this is not chipboard but cardstock - very lightweight for a chunky. Also I have kept the embellishments flater than usual - no danglies - thin fibers may be added apon request. Since this should ship at regular postage I will trade for ATC or chunky

The backgrounds on the first 2 are my original photo.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_chunky-lite-BUTTERYFLY-BUSH.jpg
Butterfly Bush

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_chunky-lite-BUSY-BEE.jpg
Busy Bee

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_chunky-lite-A-FISH-BETWEEN.jpg
A Fish Between - traded

Theresagram
05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
So many great cards!!! I've got to get busy!! :D

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Two more...

13. Cat painter traded
14. Ronald Reagan

And now of to find some more stamps. I have loads of them on my desk, but they don't inspire me... let me see if I can find some more suitable stamps :spinny:

Blanche
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm officially addicted!

7. Absolute Happiness -Traded
8. James Dean Texan -Traded
9. Love - Piano -Traded

Just Ducky
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
well NUTS... just now saw I didn't post my last 4 I uploaded last night... so these are from yesterday... bummer.... and wow..... I sure am missing out on some great cards..
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_5.jpg .... Postage #5

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_6.jpg ... Postage #6

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_7.jpg ... Postage #7

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_8.jpg ... Postage #8

ok, caught up... now I have a few more that I got done this morning... back soon ?

sniisk
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I have a new pile of cards but here but I will upload them tomorrow. It's gettong dark here and I like day light pictures more than night light :).

My hubby is baking strawberry pie in the kitchen... I have to take a slice...

KESagers
05-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh yum! I love strawberry pie!

Just Ducky
05-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Sanna, hubby is doing strawberry pie and YOU are having a slice ????? and you NOT passing it around for US ?????:cry:

ok, my final 4 fer now... my Mel is taking me to dinner this late afternoon... got this place that has ALL I can eat, CRAB legs... man I can put down alot of Crabby legs... will be back later this evening... If I can move around, that is....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_9.jpg... Postage #9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_10.jpg.. Postage #10

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_12.jpg.... Postage # 12

# 11 I didn't post as it is TRADED.... thank you

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 02:23 PM
okay now LADIES(I use that term loosely around you lot)...why didnt someone call and wake me up?! I almost forgot about this weekend! *trudges off to the art room in search of stamp stash.*

Nancy
05-14-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Two_stamps.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=227015)I just posted these! Crazy day here, had a breakfast group, them went to a crafters yard sale where 42 tables were set up and stayed 2 hours, rubber stamps 1 to 3 bucks..scrapbook papers 10 cents a sheet. Stampington magazines a dollar each, awesome fibers, and trims, thought I had died and gone to heaven...Had lunch with a friend, ran errands, have church@ 4 and a graduation party at 6....am thinking of you and anxious for 8 pm to get here and I can start making and trading.

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Stampington mags for a buck? :arghh::swoon:

CynthiaSillitoe
05-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh, wow. The craft fair sounds even more heavenly than the strawberry pie.....

Ok, a few from me today....

CynthiaSillitoe
05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
And these, too...I had to make some Fridas as it's my fave stamp of all time.

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 02:51 PM
mmmkay...I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate that second Frida Miss Sillitoe...come with me please.:policeman:

Wil Opio Oguta
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Creating atc's goes slowly today don't know why, but here is one which is completed Time flies by:

KESagers
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
More great art! Crab legs - you guys are making me hungry! I just alcohol inked about 20 APCs. They are about dry and ready to be collaged.

mrubyjean
05-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Finally woke up, got inspired and got time at the computer!
My first postage stamp people ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_sisters.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Frank-ishknight.jpg BothTraded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_athomewiththequeen.jpg Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Fridadoll.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_Reflection.jpg Both Traded

mrubyjean
05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
And my other morning cards ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_cloudking.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_koalas.jpg Both Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/2_butterflygarden.jpg Traded

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Koala is outstanding. I spy another Frida...nomma nomma nomma.

KittyNL
05-14-2011, 03:39 PM
My last ones for today.

15. Cat painter 2 traded
16. Jazz traded

Suze
05-14-2011, 04:08 PM
OH, I am drooling......wonderful art. And THIS is addictive. I'm having so much fun.
(and first a thon in six months that my knee isn't hurting too bad:)

Suze
05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
made two more!!!
Beautiful Poland
Bless Our Troops-traded

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 04:30 PM
i forgot how dang time consuming these are. been a couple of hours now and ive just finished matching some images to stamps. now i have to figure out backgrounds and integrate all toghther...:wacko:

KESagers
05-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Here are the APCs I've been working on: (Alcohol ink on the background.)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Ace-of-Hearts.jpg
Ace of Hearts is one of a kind - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Suite-of-Hearts.jpg
Suite of Hearts
Suite of hearts 2-10 are available. All look similar - the colors rotate on the die-cut in the middle.

lkastello
05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Kristin- Those are LOVELY!!!

Wil Opio Oguta
05-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Just finished 2 more cards: Strawberry fields and Tick Tack:

Wil Opio Oguta
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Okay it might help, if I would enclose the pictures :notworthy:

alanabannana
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Here are a few new cards PSAT 6, 7 (traded) and 8

Blanche
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM
This is it for me for today (I think!) - A baker's dozen. I should have ordered Chinese take-out like Cynthia!

10. Let's Go Boys - Traded
11. One Fine Day - Traded
12. The General
13. The Photographer - Traded

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Just finished 2 more cards: Strawberry fields and Tick Tack:
Soooo...in the Netherlands. clocks go tick tack instead of tick tock...must be like the water flushing the opposite way in Australia....I love learning new things!:spinny:

trini70
05-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Three more done! And several in the works but had to take a break first. You're right cairnlae, they are time consuming but I've seen some real neat things being created. Fun, fun, fun!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:
~"Lunar New Year" TRADED
~"4 Flowers" TRADED
~"Krakow" TRADED

Wil Opio Oguta
05-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Soooo...in the Netherlands. clocks go tick tack instead of tick tock...must be like the water flushing the opposite way in Australia....I love learning new things!:spinny:

Yes they do. For quite some time there was even a children's tv program called Tik Tak

KESagers
05-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Suite of Diamonds APCs for the PSAT. Ace through 10 available. #10 is not shown but looks like 7 and 8. Alcohol ink background.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_USA-suite-of-diamonds.jpg

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes they do. For quite some time there was even a children's tv program called Tik Tak

those keep my breath fresh. Hope the children dont get wind of the fact that I eat them.:cute:

minnkel
05-14-2011, 06:03 PM
What a fun weekend this is turning out to be! Even though I'm partially brain-dead from getting up really early to go to Farmer's Market....

Here are a few for today.

Holland in History - (background is vintage postcard and article from 1941 newspaper)
Stormy Weather - (complete with Ben Franklin and his key) -- TRADED
Say Cheese - (Netherlands map, stamp has image of cheese slicer and one guilty looking mouse!) -- TRADED to "you-know-who"!!
Sing a Song of Six Pence (stamps total 6P) -- TRADED
Castles - (Stamp from former Czechoslovakia) -- TRADED

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Played tennis, took a nap and made a couple more, that's what I call a good day!

# 4 Miss Gelatin Mold and Miss Sandwich have Tea
#5 Circus

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Tea.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=227104)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Circus.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=227105)

Wil Opio Oguta
05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Here are my last cards for today: Pretty as a .... and Wheels of time. I have a couple of more which are drying right now, so they have to wait till tomorrow.

KESagers
05-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Butterfly APCs:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Butterfly-APCs.jpg

lkastello
05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Here are my first three...

#1 coffee traded #2 Coffee Bean traded #3 Time Flies when I have too much coffee! traded

lkastello
05-14-2011, 06:47 PM
These may be my last three of the weekend...unless we can talk our host into MONDAY???

#4 Take Time for Coffee traded #5 Coffee Time traded #6 Time traded

lkastello
05-14-2011, 07:17 PM
one more...

#7 by the cup traded

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I made 12, but 6 of them looked like santorum(my new favorite word)...so I have 6 fairly good ones drying now...I think tomorrow its gonna be a Nick Bantock kinda day....good excuse to use up some triangular stamps and some transparencies I have squirreled away.

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 07:45 PM
okay all dry and scanned and ready for the display shelf. Everybody stand back, Robbygirl is on the prowl and shes not above using elbows,blackmail,extortion(whatever it takes) to get what she wants.

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
and...

KESagers
05-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Great stamp people!

I am focusing on keeping my gallery up to date but I can tell I'm losing track in the thread. Please check my gallery for availability.:wacko:

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Great stamp people!

I am focusing on keeping my gallery up to date but I can tell I'm losing track in the thread. Please check my gallery for availability.:wacko:

I wouldn't even bother trying to do both-too much work..it's supposed to be fun.;)The gallery is the way to go. That's where everyone should check for availability always. IMHO.

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
#6 Red Bull

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Red_Bull.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=227151)

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 08:46 PM
okay now LADIES(I use that term loosely around you lot)...why didnt someone call and wake me up?! I almost forgot about this weekend! *trudges off to the art room in search of stamp stash.*

OOOPPPPPPSSSSS sorry Cairnlae, I am the only lady here.. *smirks* and I forgot....LOL

Tinka
05-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Here are my cards for today. Off to bed now (3pm), will check my mailbox in the morning,these 3 are on hold for people I owe cards .

71762 - A field of Violets

71763 - Narcissus

71764 - William

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 09:39 PM
okay all dry and scanned and ready for the display shelf. Everybody stand back, Robbygirl is on the prowl and shes not above using elbows,blackmail,extortion(whatever it takes) to get what she wants.

Yeah what she said... Grrrr!!

Mouseit
05-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah what she said... Grrrr!!

Throws a bone to Robbygirl to stop her growling...LOL

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
It's okay Cairnlae appeased my inner werewolf!

jaw
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Just now home from work ... had a bite to eat ... gonna grab a beer and my package o' stamps and see what happens! ...

some Fabu lab u lous art here y'all!!!! (do you like my southern accent? I may try french later!)

miloccpep
05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
PSathon 12: Framed - Edgar Alan Poe
PSathon 13: Seashella on the Seashore. traded

HHC
05-14-2011, 10:16 PM
You all are creating such fun art! Love the stamp people!
I've spent most of the day sorting through my stamps, working on coordinated backgrounds, and getting ready to demo "playing with paper napkins" tomorrow at our local art group. Which morphed into re-organizing my art closet. How does that happen? LOL!
I may get around to finishing something soon... after I sip on this wine spritzer for a bit. :)

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
cool idea with the Poe!

miloccpep
05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks cairnlae! I'v been having trouble translating ideas onto cards! Aarrrrh! Managed only these two since the last ones! Would you believe it!?

cairnlae
05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
It's okay Cairnlae appeased my inner werewolf!

yeah I had to give her the left ear of my cat and my Marge Simpson card...now all I have left is a one eared,broken tailed(its shaped like an "l") cat.pitiful.

Just Ducky
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
OK..... who got my cards ???????? I thought I had posted 2 cards here just a few minutes ago... and they not here ????
look under your chairs gals, anyone see my 2 love cards ????
what in the world did I do ??? I don know...

guess I better go check and see if I even have them in my gallery....

that was strange... but I found my post... had to click the back arrow about a dozen times and found them.... I had clicked on PREview, but didn't click submit... DAH....

Just Ducky
05-14-2011, 11:05 PM
well, super dang... ya all just a doin' too much fer me and this lazy duck to keep up...
here's a bit of LoVe....

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_13.jpg.. # 13 TRADED thank you http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_postage_14.jpg # 14 TRADED... thank you

RobbyGirl
05-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Yumm Marge Simpson and Cat ears!!!