PDA

View Full Version : Zentangle-a-Thon Coming June 17: Need Ideas!

Cat's Cradle
05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
The next Zentangle-a-Thon (ZAT) will be June 17-19. What do YOU want to see as challenges, sizes, and such? Post your ideas to the thread.

As preparation for the ZAT, I suggest cutting your blank canvases and that strings are drawn on your blanks, whether they are ATCs, inchies, twinchies, etc. This step leaves more time in the ZAT weekend to do your repetitive patterns within the strings.

Materials needed for this fast and fun weekend:

blank canvases of assorted sizes (WC paper is not recommended if you use Sharpie pens)
pencil for shading
black pens: Micron, ZIG, Prismacolor are recommended for their variety of nib sizes, but even an Ultra Fine Sharpie will do if you don't have the others

sarat
05-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I love zens and hope to join in. I mostly do ATC's but also like 4X4's.

I'd love to see:

1. Black and white zens plus one color

2.Flower, plant and tree zens

3. Mask zen

4.Summertime zen

5. Two color zen

Just a few thoughts.....

Cat's Cradle
05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Awesome ideas Sara! I love the summertime one. :yes:

Not sure if I'm gonna do a chunky challenge this time; maybe thrinchies instead. I tend to take a long time to do a 4x4.

Art By Camilla
05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
What about listing 3-5 specific tangles (from tanglepatterns.com), and making a Zentangle using only those tangles? Be interesting to see the various ways people make use of them in their design.

I've written it in on my calendar; hope to play!

Cat's Cradle
05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Cool idea Camilla. That would be interesting.

chatty
05-16-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm making note too of the dates....

Prefer ATCs over 4x4 only because of the size....

I think Sarat and Camille have great ideas I would suggest picking one of their themes specify the size and go with it ..*smile*..

Cat's Cradle
05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Great idea, Chatty.

Since there are two and a half days in the Athon, that gives me three combos to create.

Of course, there's nothing against doin' your own thang. ;)

Donnacr
05-17-2011, 05:17 AM
I am DEFINITELY interested in this one - I will be spending most of the first day either stuck on planes or in airports so this is PERFECT!

1 Art Lady
05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm interested! I will be done with school by then, so I can at least play a little!

oddbreed
05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
yay!!! i was just gifted a few tangle books! count me in!!!

Cat's Cradle
05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
If any of you have other ideas, let me know. I'll put together a preliminary grouping soon. :yes:

kicki22
05-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I've not done a create-a-thon before but would love to participate in this one. I'm really working on inchies so I'd like to try to do two or three different inchie themes - hearts, bubbles, and colors are themes I think might be fun. I'd also love a mandala/zendala, an origiami tangle (tangle on an 8 x 8 piece of paper and then fold the tangle into an origami figure - not an ATC but looks cool), or same strings (everyone does the same string) - really anything though. Just looking forward to it very much!

Cat's Cradle
05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I like the "same strings" idea. That could make a very interesting challenge.

There are several string ideas available at tanglepatterns.com and also various tangle patterns listed alphabetically by name.

Jean
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't do Zens, but wanted to alert y'all to the brand new A-thon Gallery Carole set up for us!!! Use Zentangle as a key word and you'll be able to find all the Zen cards easily!http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?c=17

Hazartist1
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I want to post an idea:

I have used black paper and white markers and done zens that way.

Also,I am currently in a swap for Zen faces...I like that one. I have done zen characters for my entries.

Cat's Cradle
06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks Jean!! I'll be sure to link to the A-Thon Gallery in the official thread!

Cat's Cradle
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I want to post an idea:

I have used black paper and white markers and done zens that way.

Also,I am currently in a swap for Zen faces...I like that one. I have done zen characters for my entries.
White on black is a lot of fun. I love doing Zens that way. I also like using metallic gel pens on black. Very striking!