View Full Version : Bizarre holidays - JULY Due July 20th

Donnacr
05-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Due Date: July 20th
postage date for non-Australians: July 6th
cards: 3 for 3
participants: 20

ALL CARDS MAILED AUG 2nd
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 2 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere else in the world - I suggest that you do the same. That still leaves 6 weeks to make 3 cards.

You will go to this site:
http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/jul.htm

Choose up to 3 holidays to create your ATCs for - they can be the same holiday or 3 different ones. All mediums are welcome.

You can now plan ahead - all future Bizarre holiday swaps will be due on the 20th of the month that you are making. That means that August will be due August 20th.
Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by July 20th. I will mail your return cards as soon as possible, but remember, it took 2 weeks to reach me so they will take 2 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players - please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players - a stamp equivalent to your postage would be appreciated but is not required.
ALL players please include a LARGE address label.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap like-for-like, as much as I can.

2。Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) or some loose postage is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into standard pockets and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points for the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun. (I think)

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. jennie - returned
2. jesimal - returned
3. scrapPea - returned
4. katrinabean86 - withdrew
5. Arivanna - withdrew
6. SunTrade - returned
7. larkawolf2009 - returned
8. trekaroo - returned
9. EvilMonkeyGirl - withdrew due to giving birth
10. studio39designs - returned
11. jaeseals - returned
12. MariaJayne (TenderBlessings) - returned
13. callalily - received
14. lodiprincess - returned
15. MelanieS - returned

Jesimal
05-22-2011, 09:15 PM
yes please!!

katrinabean86
05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
joining just because there's a 'take your pants for a walk' day :D Can't get that idea out of my head.

Donnacr
05-22-2011, 11:15 PM
wlecome jesimal and katrinabean - I love the range of cards that 'Take your pants for a walk day' creates for me
jennie is WAY ahead as she has already sent her cards in - WOW!!

Arivanna
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Okay, so I might be a regular with your monthly swap from now on :D I am signed up for your June swap, and I definitely want to do July. I am majoring in computer animation in order to go into the video game industry, SO the fact that one of the July days is Video Game Day, I knew that I HAD to join :D

Donnacr
05-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Arivanna - it certainly sounds as though the Bizarre Holidays are getting under your skin - it starts with tempting holidays like 'Video Game day' and it just gets worse/better. . .:D

These Holidays sound a perfect chance for you to practise your skills - computer animation is beyond me but my children can do amazing things. I grew up when an Atari was state of the art (waaaaaaaaay before Nintendo) and Pacman was a real challenge (I know, as my children delight in telling me, it was the time of the dinosaurs :rolleyes::dull::huh:)

SunTrade
05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Count me in!

Jennie
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
OOOOO the next month is here EEEEEE. Can you tell I love this swap

larkawolf2009
05-23-2011, 06:38 PM
ME ME ME!!! PLEASE sign me up ^^

Donnacr
05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
welcome suntrade, jennie (even though you are already 'officially' signed up :)) and larkawolf2009.
It's nice to see all these familiar faces back again - I must be doing something right

ScrapPea
05-23-2011, 11:00 PM
@Donnacr - Awwww...Thank you!! I'm going to look at the holidays now!

ScrapPea
05-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh my gosh! There is so much food celebrated in July. Did I count *6* days of ice cream!?! Oh, the video game day is soooo tempting. I, too, grew up thinking Pac Man was state-of-the-art over Pong. And Activision's Pitfall? And video arcades?? Oh, don't get me started. I may have to choose a different day with too many competing ideas.

Donnacr
05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
calm down scrapPea - remember to breathe! BREATHE!! blue is SO not your best colour.

I find closing my eyes and just sticking a pin in the monthly list works well for choosing Holidays - if you look too hard you just keep finding more and more that are possible.

Don't let the above discussion put you off joining EvilMonkeyGirl - you are very welcome to the swap but be warned they are highly addictive and lots of fun. Just make sure that your Holidays are chosen from the site given in the first post and are for the month of JULY. That is the only restriction in this swap - all manner of techniques are acceptable. I look forward to seeing which Holidays you decide to make.
If you have any questions feel free to either ask in the thread or give me a PM - there is no such thing as a silly question.

Arivanna
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I have so Manu swaps that I am signed up for but it's a good thing. Lol. I just finished classes for this semester so now I just have work and then I go home and have TONS of time for art :D

larkawolf2009
05-24-2011, 05:45 PM
AHHHH So many ideas! Im not sure how I can narrow my days down to only 4!

SunTrade
05-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I just hope mine don't get lost again! Hate that!

I am still hoping they show up somewhere ......

Donnacr
05-25-2011, 12:52 AM
arivanna - enjoy the end of semester freedom, my son is just going into end of semester exam meltdown :arghh:
larkawolf - enjoy the ideas, try them all out and put any leftovers up for trade :)
suntrade - I will tell you AS SOON AS I see them (hope they are enjoying their extended holiday without us)

Jesimal
05-29-2011, 08:15 AM
will be going postal this week :)

Donnacr
05-29-2011, 10:18 AM
thanks for telling me jesimal

Jennie
05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Well phooy. Somehow my pictures of July and August have fallen out of my computer. Darn.
My husband just informed me that they can not fall out of the computer. But then where did they go?

studio39designs
05-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Please sign me up! I've checked out the holidays and love the "odd" ones - Flitch and something that starts with a "C" - they are in my studio now and I'm not, so I can't remember it.....altho I have made up the rhyme for it already! I'm hoping to have them finished tomorrow (I'm working early because I've got some busy times coming up, but must keep my priorities straight!). :jiggy:

Donnacr
05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
jennie - I am with you - pictures/notes/many other things (basically anything that you want to retrieve) DOES disappear (in my case only to reappear as soon as my husband starts looking for it, normally in some file that I would never have thought to look in:wacko::mad:)
studio39design - I am so glad to see that you ARE keeping your priorities straight and have joined the next month's Holidays :cute: I hope that the busy times are manageable and not too intense.

studio39designs
05-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi -

Well, wasn't I just the busy little bee this morning! Here are my July Holiday ATCs - in some order, they are:

Clerihew Day - July 10 (in honor of a gentleman who used to make up silly rhymes about famous folks or himself!)

National Sugar Cookie Day - July 9 (I can't vouch for the recipe on the card - I just pulled it off the internet 'cus it was short!)

Flitch Day - July 19 (a custom of giving a slab of back to a couple who has lived happily together for the previous 12 months - the couple in the photo are my parents who were happy for much longer than that!)

Amelia Earhard Day - July 24 (a very cool lady - the background of the ATC is part of an aviation map - pretty appropriate, I thought!)

Enjoy! :spinny:

SunTrade
05-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Mine are ready. Will mail tomorrow!

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2246/bizarreholidaysjuly.jpg

Jennie
05-30-2011, 07:38 PM
They are all great. Donna he couldn't even find them so it has to be that they fell out of the computer. hubby just rolled his eyes at me when he went by

larkawolf2009
05-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Ahh So many days to choose from! I think I have my 4 picked out though ^^

Donnacr
05-30-2011, 11:59 PM
It's not worth going to bed with you lot - I thought that I had stayed up late enough when I made the above reply and yet I wake up to so much more good stuff!! :mad:

studio39designs - do you never sleep? those cards are FABULOUS!! How long were your parents married - mine have just celebrated 52 years (not all of those were 'bacon worthy' but most were)
suntrade - your cards are GREAT! but my old eyes are letting me down - I can't read the signs on the door for the man with the briefcase.
jennie - it's not nice that they have gone wandering (if you like I can scan them and email them to you so that you can then enter them in your Gallery) but it is gratifying when even the HUSBAND can't find them
larkawolf - the hard work is done, now all you have to do is create what you see in your mind did I say the hard work was done? silly me

jaeseals
05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
oh me oh my, i almost let july sneak right past me, although i'm not quite sure since i'm in every other Donnacr swap except for the flowers one. -__- But anywho sign me up!

Donnacr
05-31-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't know how I could have left you off the list - welcome jaeseals!!

Donnacr
06-01-2011, 05:38 AM
You are very welcome to the insanity TenderBlessings

SunTrade
06-02-2011, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Donnacr;1003970]
suntrade - your cards are GREAT! but my old eyes are letting me down - I can't read the signs on the door for the man with the briefcase.
[QUOTE]

I have the same problem ..... they say "workaholics anonymous .... open every day"

Donnacr
06-02-2011, 02:21 AM
suntrade - thanks for the LARGE writing for my old eyes - that is very clever.

Jennie
06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks Donnacr, but being surprised is good too. I just started on the last 4 months of the year last night. Figure I can do 1 or2 a week and send them out. These have been so fun. i used this site when I was a activities director for an adult daycare.

Donnacr
06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
tenderblessings - I have sent you a PM
jennie - I'm so glad that we are useful - it is a great site to encourage some craziness. . .no, no - I mean. . . lateral thinking!!

My husband is taking me to Malaysia for the next 10 days to celebrate my 1 year after the cancer operation - I am well and enjoying Life so it is the perfect time to go.
My son will still be at home so any cards you send will not get lost but I won't be able to acknowledge them until I return. We will have some computer access while away but I don't know how much or when so don't panic if I seem to be absent for a while.

ScrapPea
06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
@Donnacr - Stick a pin in a day. Oh, that should be a bizarre holiday! That's a good idea. Good for me this month, otherwise I'll just make 4 video game cards and not stretch my creativity.

Have fun travelling. Treasure the time!

larkawolf2009
06-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Have fun on your trip donna!

SunTrade
06-10-2011, 08:21 PM
tenderblessings - I have sent you a PM
jennie - I'm so glad that we are useful - it is a great site to encourage some craziness. . .no, no - I mean. . . lateral thinking!!

My husband is taking me to Malaysia for the next 10 days to celebrate my 1 year after the cancer operation - I am well and enjoying Life so it is the perfect time to go.
My son will still be at home so any cards you send will not get lost but I won't be able to acknowledge them until I return. We will have some computer access while away but I don't know how much or when so don't panic if I seem to be absent for a while.

omg Donna. So glad to here you are fine from that terrible disease.

In a way you are so lucky! A trip, can I go with you> Never been there myself. Have a great time!

SunTrade
06-10-2011, 08:25 PM
@Donnacr - Stick a pin in a day. Oh, that should be a bizarre holiday! That's a good idea. Good for me this month, otherwise I'll just make 4 video game cards and not stretch my creativity.

Have fun travelling. Treasure the time!

How funny ScrapPea I did not pay attention to that one ... I immediately thought of a voodoo doll!

callalily
06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
May I join please!

larkawolf2009
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Got mine ready to send! Heres the ones I did:
Take your pants for a walk day
stay out of the sun day
video game day
Make a scarecrow day
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=233813http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=233815http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=233814http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=233816

Donnacr
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
callalily - of course you may join!! welcome to the insanity of the Bizarre Holidays - beware, they are highly addictive and a lot of fun :D. Make sure that you make your cards for holidays from the July list given in the first post of this thread (as each month has its own swap)

larkawolf - do you still have my address? I love your 'Stay out of the sun' card - it's how I spend the entire summer :jiggy::twitcy:

ScrapPea
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
@ SunTrade - You are too funny!! :)

@Donnacr - My bizarre muse has left the building. It's good that mailing for July is at least 2 weeks away. I'm sure I'll find her by then.

@callalily - Yeh, you bet'cha these are addicting! Even with my muse AWOL right now, oh, the ideas are still floating around.

Now where did I put that stick pin...?

ScrapPea
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
@larkawolf2009 -What cool cards. I love your snails, and this one is very cool...get it?...cool...?

It's time for sleep now.

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 01:09 AM
larkawolf - do you still have my address? I love your 'Stay out of the sun' card - it's how I spend the entire summer :jiggy::twitcy:

I could not do that here ... t has been on the 100s the last few days ... did i say HOT!

Donnacr
06-16-2011, 09:35 AM
that's ok TenderBlessings - we all know how Life can get the way of creating :) they still have plenty of time to get to me

katrinabean86
06-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry I think I'm going to have to drop this month :( I have four other swaps due the same week and student teaching starts next week as well as classes so I know there won't be time...I'll catch you in August, hopefully!

MelanieS
06-17-2011, 03:08 AM
I probably shouldn't...finally getting caught up with my swaps, but I cannot resist such a fun topic! Please add me!

Donnacr
06-18-2011, 01:09 AM
MelanieS - welcome! These Holidays are a lot of fun - can't wait to see which ones you choose (make sure that they are from the month of JULY, there are other swaps for the other months)

katrinabean86 - I remember the pressure of teaching rounds (NOT a lot of fun, just lots of stress!) GOOD LUCK!!

Donnacr
06-18-2011, 01:11 AM
I had a number of sets of cards waiting for me when I arrived home from: suntrade and studio39designs.
Off to leaqve iTraders for you both now

larkawolf2009
06-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my cards ^^

Donna Believe it or not I do still have your address. I plan on making an address book just for this site so I can keep all the people I do regular trades and such with ^^

jaeseals
06-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Here are my cards for this month:
75681 75682

75683 75684

Jennie
06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Have you gone to malaysia yet. I'm so glad that you are cancer free now

Donnacr
06-26-2011, 08:57 AM
jaeseals - those look great, I will keep my eye out for them arriving here

jennie - I have been home a week now and have ALMOST caught up with mail and swaps (I didn't realise how much that week without my resources would affect my output :twitcy::eek:)

Donnacr
07-02-2011, 03:44 AM
lodiprincess - your cards have arrived. Don't forget to put a comment on this thread or people can't leave you rep point thank you's when they receive your cards.

ScrapPea
07-03-2011, 07:19 PM
@jaseals - Great cards! I was going to do Respect Canada Day, but couldn't figure out what to do for it. Love yours! Also the Thread A Needle Day, but threading is bad enough ATC'ing it. Inspiration finally struck, though. Me, I cheesed out on two Video Games Day cards and two other holidays (which husband again liked). They'll be in the mail Tuesday, July 5 and I'll post photos after that time. Welcome back, Donna!

Donnacr
07-04-2011, 04:47 AM
thanks scrapPea, I'll keep a look out for your cards

Donnacr
07-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Don't forget that your cards need to be in the mail no later than Wednesday 6th to guarantee getting to me on time

MelanieS
07-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Here are my cards: (they look better IRL!)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9642/large/1_img075.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238389

Donnacr
07-07-2011, 05:56 AM
trekaroo - your wonderful cards arrived today, thanks for the extra and postage

larkawolf2009
07-11-2011, 03:44 PM
MelanieS---I frreaking LOVE your cow card! Any way I could get it Donna? lol

Donnacr
07-12-2011, 12:37 AM
larkawolf - only if you are a very good girl and subtle (it's in my notes, so I will do my best);)
callalily - your amazing cards arrived today - thanks for the extra and postage

Jesimal
07-12-2011, 12:54 AM
you should get mine today or tomorrow Donna :)

lodiprincess
07-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Glad you received my cards...they were so much fun! I'm just learning the ropes on this site...please bear with me!
I've sent some for August too....even more choices....This is becoming addictive!

Donnacr
07-12-2011, 04:18 AM
jesimal - I'll tell you as soon as they arrive

lodiprincess - I'm sure that I warned you when you signed up that they were addictive. . . and I was right!! ha ha ha :D

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
@lodiprincess - YUP! They are!

Donnacr, I'm being nice: here are my cards before they arrive to you. The ratcatcher card is my fave, another one I had to pry from my husband. Honestly, if he wants one, he should join the forum! :).

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_2011-BizarreJuly-22Ratcatcher.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_2011-BizarreJuly-8VideoGames2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_2011-BizarreJuly-8VideoGames.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_2011-BizarreJuly-3Mirror.jpg

Donnacr
07-13-2011, 07:36 AM
ScrapPea - those cards are great - I love the way that you embarrassed your mirror :D

jesimal - your beautiful cards arrived today - thanks for all that postage and the extra card

Arivanna
07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry about this but I have to withdraw. I forgot that these cards were going international and I didn't mail them out in time :(

Donnacr
07-17-2011, 09:30 AM
arivanna - I understand, but that is why I always make reminders in the thread (see post #65). I hope to see you in a future swap

SunTrade
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Melanie your alien card is my favorite!

jaeseals
07-19-2011, 12:34 AM
i doesn't look like my cards are gonna make it to you. :cry: Fingers crossed they do though.

Donnacr
07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
A GREAT mail day - cards received from: jaeseals and melanieS

Still a few sets on the way so I will give them till the end of the week before I swap out.

ScrapPea - my deepest apologies!:embarrassed: For some unknown reason I had filed your cards in with all my 'Cat' swap cards - I KNEW I had seen them but I couldn't find them. I have now!! :jiggy::jiggy:

ScrapPea
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Yay! As long as the cards are there, that's what counts! Thanks for noticing the blush. She was quite taken aback by the kind words.

larkawolf2009
07-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Man I hope you got mine.....I know they were sent with the cats and august holidays cards, and Im hoping they made it in time. The post office must not have sent them out when I originally gave them the card to mail ^^

Donnacr
07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
larkawolf - your cards have arrived but I need to leave at least 2 hours between iTraders and I find that if I acknowledge cards without doing the iTrader, that part gets forgotten. sorry for worrying you.

larkawolf2009
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Thats ok Donna ^^ Im just glad they all made it safe and sound

Donnacr
07-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Apologies for the late mailing of these cards but I have only just got home from what was supposed to be an overnight stay in hospital. I am well and the cards will be in the mail no later than Monday. Sorry again for keeping you all waiting :notworthy:

ScrapPea
08-01-2011, 12:24 PM
As long as you are okay, Donna, that's what's important!

SunTrade
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Oh No problem. Just wishing you you are OK. And thank you so much for letting us know!

:cute:

larkawolf2009
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Im glad your ok, as long as your fine thats what matters ^^

larkawolf2009
08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up MariaJayne XD

Donnacr
08-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Forgot to tell everyone but all cards have been posted.

larkawolf2009
08-04-2011, 09:13 PM
yay! I cant wait too see what I get ^^

Jesimal
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
hope my cards arrive soon :)

Donnacr
08-09-2011, 01:57 AM
unfortunately I allowed trekaroo to sign up via PM and, until she makes a comment in the thread, it is not possible to leave rep points for her cards

studio39designs
08-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Just received my cards today - thanks for another great swap, donnacr (and hope that you are feeling fine!), and thanks to jaeseals, tenderblessings/MariaJayne and SunTrade for some really fun cards!;)

Donnacr
08-10-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm glad that the cards are finding their way home (and I am feeling well, thanks, and preparing the returns for August)

Jennie
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah I got my cards so muuch fun Donna thank you for hosting and for the extra card, It's so cute
And Artists Jesimal, amelia earhart day, Larkawolf2009, make a scarecrow day, and ScrapPea and rat catcher day

SunTrade
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I can't wait to get mine! Maybe today ....

Donnacr
08-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Fingers crossed. . .

SunTrade
08-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Got mine! Yeah!

Donnacr
08-25-2011, 07:55 AM
I would like to archive this swap but only half the cards seem to have arrived - if your name is still in green in the first post please tell us that you have received your cards.

ScrapPea
08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I got cards! (Remember, Donna, BREATHE!!)

It's been acrazy-busy month with about a dozen swap envelopes here. I LOVE it, but can cause delays.... Regardless, I have great cards from Jesimal (Amelia Earhart Day--love the plane!), SunTrade (Pecan Pie--my fave pie!), Jennie (Fried Chix--WONDERFUL polymer chix!) and Donnacr (Tug-of-War--love the motion!). Thank you thank you everyone, especially our awesome hostess!

Donnacr
08-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the reminder scrapPea (to breathe :twitcy:) and also for the acknowledgement of cards.

MelanieS
08-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I got my cards too!
Fun swap, thanks for hosting Donna, and for the card (tug-of-war-day)!
Awesome cards rec'd from: tenderblessings (flitch day), suntrade (video games day), and jesimal (amelia earhart day).