PDA

View Full Version : Come On & Take A Free R-I-D-E ATC Swap - Due July 1st 2011

Pages : [1] 2

HotMamaRama
05-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Swap Due Date – In my hands by July 1st, 2011
Cards received after the due date will be returned!
Number of Items – 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants - 30
Media - Mixed/collage

Come On & Take A Free R-I-D-E
(Rubber Stamp - Image Transfer - Doodle - Ephemera)

Each card MUST have a minimum TWO of these design elements!
That said, the intent of this swap is to challenge players to TRY ALL FOUR METHODS on each card!
Thus completing the R-I-D-E!
Theme/Subject matter is all up to you!

Please keep your cards flat and make sure all your work is properly sealed or glued down so that bits and pieces are not falling off. I WILL return cards that are coming apart! Modge Podge works well for gluing down bits, but NOT used as a sealant, it stays tacky. Good sealants are a gel medium or Diamond Glaze. (You can thin out either of these with water).

Don't know how to do an image transfer?
Here are some videos that demonstrate a few different methods.
Gel Image Transfer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8CvTFsFMU)
Packaging Tape Method (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfos9hy9xdg)

Making Your Cards:

Here is the 411 for making an ATC. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3878

1. All cards must be 2.5 x 3.5 inches! If you are hand cutting them to size, please use a straight edge to guide you.
2. NO bulky embellishments! Keep EVERYTHING FLAT please!
3. NO stickers, please.
4. All cards MUST be original, and each card must be different. No copies or prints.
5. Please put username, real name, swap name, and date on the back of each card.
6. Only send cards you are proud of or would be thrilled to receive in a swap.

Mailing Your Cards:
When you are ready to mail, PM me for my new address.
1. Protect ALL your cards in clear plastic sleeves.
2. Write username and swap name on your envelope.
3. US players: Send legal sized SASE !! They are easier to stuff. Include (.61) cents postage stamp or what ever it cost you to mail them to me.
4. International players: Please include a LARGE address label & equal postage to what it cost to mail OR one $1.00 US dollar.
5. Please allow plenty of time for the mailing process. Do NOT mail cards the day before they are due.

Returns:
Upon receiving your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points (YOU ROCK) for the artists.

Cards Recieved

Players:
1. theweavershand
2. citykitten
3. papersaga
4. Maineatc
5. Russell
6. RedHeartStudio
7. AnnD
8. Theresagram
9. lkastello
10. Fantasia
11. Rogue Gal
12. RobbyGirl
13. Catscradle
14. Autumnsensation
15. Ruby Opaltones
16. Louisezee
17. Mouseit
18. Weatheredhalo
19. Jaw
20. GoldenWolf
21. MelanieS
22. Owl-lady
23. Tiffany186
24. DanainTX
25. ShayNola
26. j4mi3
27. Standnngrace

theweavershand
05-23-2011, 04:27 AM
first to sign up? woohoo! im ready to hop on board!

citykitten
05-23-2011, 04:29 AM
This sounds fun - count me in please

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Yay!!!! Welcome Free RIDERS; theweavershand, citykitten, and papersaga!! Glad to add you to the roster!!!

Maineatc
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
This sounds like a fun swap. Please sign me up.

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
You're added Maineatc! Welcome!

Russell
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I couldn't pass up a chance to be a part of the first HotMamaRama from Arizona swap. Sign me up!

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Glad to have you Russell Darling! Adding you now. (***Blows Russell HotMamaRama kisses from poolside***) ;)

RedHeartStudio
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Woot....Thanks HotMama for signing me up via text message!!! Love ya toots!! :)

AnnD
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Yay! HotMamaRama is back in the swapping saddle! Put me in, coach!

RedHeartStudio
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Yay!! it's been a while since I have been in a swap with the fabulous AnnD....and the ever so handsome Russell!!!! :)

(I am even in a AnnD & Russell sandwich on the list....once Trina adds Ann that is!!! LOL)

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Nothin but LOVE for you ladies!!! Welcome as always!!!

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Woot....Thanks HotMama for signing me up via text message!!! Love ya toots!! :)

I'm finding that texting can be quite fun! Especially when out in public places and I start to giggle loudly at the reference about "Being easy and liquored up, etc..." And no one else knows how naughty we truly are in public! :D

RobbyGirl
05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Count me in! For texting too!

corrie04
05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
lurking

AnnD
05-23-2011, 02:33 PM
TOO long, RedHotStudios! We fun-sized people have to stick together!

I don't know what it means to be in an AnnD Russell sandwich, by the way, but I can tell you there won't be any peppers in there with you. Russell doesn't like them.

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome RobbyGirl! And, Regarding texting: Can you have a threesome in texting???? huuumm... I don't know. ;)

Lurkers welcome too Corrie04! But you know resistance if futile. :)

RedHeartStudio
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Trina.....I was doing the same thing, laughing out loud in public at our naughty convo!! Love the looks I get!! haha.....if they only knew!!!

AnnD....I agree it's been way to long, and yes....us FUN SIZED peeps need to stick together!! :)
oh and a AnnD Russell sammy is like a big warm bear hug!!!!! :)

Yay....Robin is in the HOUSSSSEEEEEE!!!! and you can text me anytime darlin!!!!

Theresagram
05-23-2011, 04:45 PM
OMG!! I can tell right now that you living close to me is going to get me into all kinds of trouble!!! :jiggy:

Sign me up, HotMama!

RedHeartStudio
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Oh yes Theresa!! And the weekend of the 4th is going to be so much fun!!!! :jiggy:

Theresagram
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I know!!!! :elvis: I am so looking forward to it!!!:cool:

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 05:40 PM
MMuuuuwaaahhhaaahhhaa - Me & You?? Trouble???? Naaaahhhhh, just good clean grown up fun!!! ;) ;) ;) BTW - Welcome to the fun house Theresagram!!

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Oh yes Theresa!! And the weekend of the 4th is going to be so much fun!!!! :jiggy:

OOOOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAAHHHHH... (*** Insert Famous Ferris Bueller tune by Yello here ***) BEAUTIFUL..... OOOHHHHH YYEEEAAAHHH..... GOOD TIME.... OOOHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH.... CHOOK, CHOOKA CHICK-AAAAA!!!! :cool:

lkastello
05-23-2011, 09:57 PM
THX for the invite...sign me up, woman!

Fantasia
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, I can't miss the fun now, can I? Loved the technique theme, and then all these fantabulous arteests...Sign me up, please and thank you!!

Oh just an FYI.....a 2oz envie is now 64 cents not 61 cents. :)

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome lkastello & Fantasia!!!! Glad to have you ladies!

And thanks for the FYI about postage. It seems like the price goes up, and the quality of service goes down. I've had a lot of torn edges on envelopes received lately! I've been taping all sides of my envelopes just to play it safe.

Rogue Gal
05-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the invite, hun! I've been wanting to try image transfers for awhile now, so this is the motivation that I need - plus, look at all the cool peeps!!

Sign me up!

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Woot Woot Christine in da House!!! Hey old roomie! Glad you are joining us! Should be a fun one! So many ways to go with this one, you can't go wrong!

HotMamaRama
05-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I go through stages when I can't get enough of image transfers and since I hadn't done them in a while, this was a good excuse to get out the gel medium, and packing tape!!! I received a great reference book for my birthday that is all about image transfers. I am hoping to play with a few new techniques that I haven't tried yet!

RobbyGirl
05-24-2011, 01:37 AM
I love image transfers, I'll be glad to have an excuse to bring out my packing tape for something other than boxes!

lkastello
05-24-2011, 08:39 AM
ROBBY IS IN THE HOUSE!!!
WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!

HotMamaRama
05-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Glad you found your way over here too Robin!!!

And I can totally relate to the packing tape thing. I was so sick of dealing with it while unpacking, that it will be a nice change to get to actually play with some for the good of art!!

AnnD
05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Are you all the way unpacked, Trina? Because if so, I am impressed!

Cat's Cradle
05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds like fun. Sign me up, please!

HotMamaRama
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome Catscradle! So glad you found your way over here too! :wubclub:

AnnD ~ We are close. Most everything has been unpacked, but not all of it has a home yet. We probably wouldn't be so unpacked if it were not for the fine upstanding Mary Jane smoking, Crack selling, fellows that packed our belongings for us in AK. Since this was a company move, the movers came and did all the packing for us. HOWEVER, as a result, I think they were having way too much fun with the packing material because they wrapped stuff like a broken piece of styrofoam used for packing the computer, by itself, in 8 sheets of newsprint. Then stuffed it in its own box, with more newsprint on top of that!

We ended up unpacking 11 boxes the first night alone. NOT because we wanted to, but because we were trying to find the coffee pot, coffee cups, and coffee filters for the morning!!! If I were packing, they would have been together. But it took us that many boxes just to find the basics!!!

Cat's Cradle
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Wasn't too hard; I followed your siggy links. :cute:

I hate company moves where they hire a packing service. Did that a few times when I was in the Army. Nothing gets packed with like items!

autumnsensation
05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm in!! :cute:

AnnD
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh my stars, Trina! That's kind of hilarious and kind of awful, all at the same time! I must say, however, that I am all in favor of things that help a body unpack sooner rather than later! I can remember a point in all of our moves when I thought, "Good grief, what can be left in that stack of boxes?! We have everything we need!" Unpacking is dreadful!

theweavershand
05-24-2011, 08:02 PM
hate company moves! one time my class ring was stolen. another they forgot to mention our stuff wouldnt make it to us for 2 days! we just moved 45 minutes away! 2 nights in an empty house with 15 month old. woohoo!! not!

Ruby Opaltones
05-24-2011, 08:37 PM
I would like to join the R.I.D.E. please - thanks
Ruby Opaltones
p.s. I am writing from Canada
What is your policy on return envelopes for international members?

Cat's Cradle
05-24-2011, 09:55 PM
I would like to join the R.I.D.E. please - thanks
Ruby Opaltones
p.s. I am writing from Canada
What is your policy on return envelopes for international members?
This is from the first post:

4. International players: Please include a LARGE address label & equal postage to what it cost to mail OR one $1.00 US dollar.
To me, this sounds like Trina is providing the envie, but you need to provide the label and postage. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken here, Trina!)

Ruby Opaltones
05-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Hi Melissa
OK - put me down on the idiot list :) and thanks so much for your post. Of course Trina gave directions in the very first post and I totally missed them. You'll all have to hope my cards are better than my reading skills eh? hahahaha. No, thanks Melissa, I feel like an idiot, and you were very kind in posting the answer so kindly. thanks very much,
Best,
Ruby

Mouseit
05-25-2011, 05:14 AM
I think I would like to play please.. I can ink and doodle with the best of them....LOL

Fantasia
05-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Not sure if I want to join yet. I want to play, but I haven't ever done the image transfer. I've been wanting to do the package tape transfer. Can you use a kodak picture for the transfer? Also, can you use a color print or should it be black and white? I want to work on these cards before I join, just to make sure I can do it.

I have used all different types of pictures when doing tape transfers, with varying degrees of success. I've used printed (color and B&W), magazine pages, pictures from books, etc. It all depends on what result you are trying for. Part of the fun is seeing how the transfer comes out. I really love using image transfers!!

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh my stars, Trina! That's kind of hilarious and kind of awful, all at the same time! I must say, however, that I am all in favor of things that help a body unpack sooner rather than later! I can remember a point in all of our moves when I thought, "Good grief, what can be left in that stack of boxes?! We have everything we need!" Unpacking is dreadful!

I know exactly what you mean. I think the movers were even saying to themselves, "How much crap can a small family of four have?" It wouldn't have been so bad, but I kept a good portion of my teaching materials because it is quite likely that I will go back into teaching again. Especially now that the youngest is starting kindergarten. So there's a good 15 - 20 boxes right there! I HATE moving and never want to do it again!

hate company moves! one time my class ring was stolen. another they forgot to mention our stuff wouldnt make it to us for 2 days! we just moved 45 minutes away! 2 nights in an empty house with 15 month old. woohoo!! not!
I don't envy you Amy. Especially with a wee one on top of the move. The last move before this one wasn't so bad, because I was almost 7 months pregnant with my son and no one would let me lift anything and I barely did any unpacking. I just sat there and got to tell people where to put stuff! :)

This is from the first post:

To me, this sounds like Trina is providing the envie, but you need to provide the label and postage. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken here, Trina!)

Thanks deary, that is exactly what I am saying. AND LARGE Label, not like those little ones that St. Jude always sends me. ;) If you don't have a large label, then just write your address big and clear on a piece of paper and I will write it on the envelope. And Welcome to AFA. We love fresh meat/ I mean newbies! :)

Not sure if I want to join yet. I want to play, but I haven't ever done the image transfer. I've been wanting to do the package tape transfer. Can you use a kodak picture for the transfer? Also, can you use a color print or should it be black and white? I want to work on these cards before I join, just to make sure I can do it.

It took me a while to figure out that the packing tape method doesn't work as well with ink jet printers verses laser jet. Magazines work GREAT for the packing tape method, and I love the variations in color and design that you can layer with when you place them over each other. I was hooked on the gel medium type of transfers for ages, but they take a little longer since you have to wait for the gel to dry. I say, just experiment and play around with the different techniques. Sometimes if some of the image doesn't transfer all the way, I don't trash it, but use it in the background or try working with it as is.

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 09:29 AM
And A BIG GIANT welcome to:

Autumnsensation
Ruby Opaltones (Welcome to AFA)
louisezze
Mouseit

lkastello
05-25-2011, 09:34 AM
BIG GIANT WELCOME!!!

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
LOL - You are so right Lisa!! That is what a big giant welcome should look like!!! :wubclub: I'll do better next time!

Fantasia
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Me thinks Lisa is just having fun playing with font colors & sizes!!!!:cute:

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Kuddo's to you Weatheredhalo for giving it a go already!
I'm putting you on the List and we will all be eager to see what you create! I'm sure it will be marvelous!

jaw
05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh .... I'd love to sign up .... some neglected art supplies need to come out to play! :jiggy:

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh I'm so glad to see you here Jaw! I'll be sure to have some Guinness on hand for you! ;)

GoldenWolf
05-25-2011, 07:11 PM
If there's a spot left, I'd like to join.

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Why of course we have room for you GoldenWolf!!! Happy to have you!

MelanieS
05-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Sounds like the fun has already begun!
I wanna play too!

HotMamaRama
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Glad to see you over here too MelanieS!!! Lots of good clean fun indeed! ;) Adding you now!

AnnD
05-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Wait a second there, HotMamaRama! We have to have CLEAN fun?! I don't think I'm very good at that.

Theresagram
05-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Clean fun? Does that mean we're all gonna shower together? :D

lkastello
05-26-2011, 09:06 AM
LOL!!!

Ruby Opaltones
05-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Hiya HotMamaRama
I've gotten my cards ready for the swap. I swear there is one of more stamp in each of these, but then I got nervous that maybe the stamps should be more Obvious. Please advise if these will be acceptable.
thanks
Ruby
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_Heart_to_Heart_1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_Pansy_1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_What_do_you_think_1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_Dragon_1.jpg

RedHeartStudio
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Wait a second there, HotMamaRama! We have to have CLEAN fun?! I don't think I'm very good at that.

Clean fun? Does that mean we're all gonna shower together? :D

Bhahahaha!!!! I am with Ann.....don't know if I can do that!!

Theresa, that is hilarious!!! :)

Cat's Cradle
05-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Glad to see you over here too MelanieS!!! Lots of good clean fun indeed! ;) Adding you now!
Wait a minute....fun is supposed to be clean? Then I've been doing "fun" wrong all these years!!

HotMamaRama
05-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Well Ruby I can definitely see the doodle parts!! :) Those are very zentanglish! (I just made up that word!) ha ha
That third one down is really cool!! Almost quilt like.

I'm not seeing any ephemera or image transfers, so you must have some rubber stamping in there somewhere right? The requirements are to have at LEAST two of the techniques on each card. Ideally each card would have all four techniques, (To complete the R-I-D-E) and at the very least two.

HotMamaRama
05-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Clean fun is relevant! I much prefer down and dirty, but we welcome all kinds of fun!!! ;)

Theresagram
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Bhahahaha!!!! I am with Ann.....don't know if I can do that!!

Theresa, that is hilarious!!! :)

I could probably fit us all in my shower too!! :twitcy:

HotMamaRama
05-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, you probably could fit us all in your shower Theresa! It's gigantic! We could have happy hour in there it's so big! lol

owl-lady
05-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi could i please play along with your swap:)

HotMamaRama
05-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Sure thing Owl-lady! Just PLEASE read the instructions on the first page for all the important details, and if you still have any questions, just pm me!

Fantasia
05-27-2011, 12:15 PM
and owl-lady...don't let any of our crazyness scare you away!! We are a pretty safe bunch most of the time!:cute:

RedHeartStudio
05-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes, you probably could fit us all in your shower Theresa! It's gigantic! We could have happy hour in there it's so big! lol

Not that is really what you call good clean fun!!! :D

Good - friends
Clean - shower
Fun - COCKTAILS!!!!!!!

count me in!!!!! hahahaha!!

Mouseit
05-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Wait a minute....fun is supposed to be clean? Then I've been doing "fun" wrong all these years!!

NNAAHHH You probably have been having FUN RIGHT.. heehee.....

Theresagram
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Not that is really what you call good clean fun!!! :D

Good - friends
Clean - shower
Fun - COCKTAILS!!!!!!!

count me in!!!!! hahahaha!!

We'll save your a seat! ;)

owl-lady
05-28-2011, 11:50 PM
lol i will not be scared off any fun is good fun when its with friends :)

Ruby Opaltones
05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi HotMamaRama
Yes, there are stamps and doodles, but no, I didn't use ephemera (what is that? I'm new here) or image transfer. I misunderstood :( I thought two of the four was OK, but if four is really required, I better send you a new set of cards. Would you mind giving me an idea of what "ephemera" is? I know you gave us links to image transfer - so I can look those up. That way I can comply with the swap properly!
thanks
Ruby

HotMamaRama
05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey gang, Ruby brought to my attention that I need to be a little clearer as to the intent of this swap, so I've updated the first page in hopes that it is a little clearer.

Yes, the minimum requirement is to use at least two methods on each card. HOWEVER, the intent of this swap is to challenge players to TRY ALL FOUR METHODS on each card! Thus completing the R-I-D-E! That was my line of thinking when I came up with the idea of this swap. I hope that makes it a little clearer for everyone. It's all a learning curve for this hostie. :wubclub:

This concludes our public service announcement.... ;)

lkastello
05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Trina- Great clarification! Thank you! HUGS!

Blanche
05-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a lurker for now. Not sure I can rise to the challenge just yet! If I can settle on a theme, it would help me decide.

In the meantime, I love the party spirit!

jaw
06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
It's the transfer thingy that has me stumpled. (that is not misspelled ... it is more intense than stumped) So off I go to play a bit more ... TGFA (thank goddess for Atart) ... bet I can find some "live" help there if I need it (since I have no patience to wait for email answers! LOL)

jaw
06-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I just watched both of those videos .... wow ... I've done the packing tape transfer before, but not the gel medium one ... that looks awesome!! But .... I have the patience of a gnat today ... so packing tape it is for today! LOL ... now if I can just get my *@#% printer to work!

HotMamaRama
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Julie, magazine pages work great too! Anything that has been laser printed works very well with the packaging tape method. Hope to see you in the ATART thread this week too.

I was looking in my Image Transfer book and apparently there is something even easier than packaging tape, it's called transfer ink. I've never seen it, but I might try to find it just to experiment a little more. However the transfer ink is best used with ink jet printers.

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I can't believe how easy the packing tape thing is!

HotMamaRama
06-01-2011, 05:53 PM
So are you totally hooked now Theresa? ha ha ha I guess I know what we will be doing this weekend. ;)

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey, I just got off work and may do some today.

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Have the house to myself and the rest of the night to play!! Woohoo!

:jiggy:

HotMamaRama
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm just finishing up on the house cleaning (I hate cleaning house!!!) but swore to myself that I would NOT do any art until I got the house clean! Why do I do that to myself!?!?

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I dunno. I've learned to art first and clean later...if there's time. Bahaha

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Trina, if you need to get your mind off that housework, come on over to my house and have some vodka and cranberry juice! :rolleyes:

AnnD
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Ooh, I'll drink to that! Besides, housework is so five minutes ago.

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Yeah, and which is more important?!! :cool:

HotMamaRama
06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
The housework - is complete.
Now I can be free of all guilt and glares for the next 5 days as I hide out in the loft doing art with Beth and Theresa whilst consuming many adult beverages!!! ;)

I have a method to my madness, honest!!! Now the hubster can't give me sh!t about "All you do around here is get on the computer and do art... blah blah wwaaahhh... whine, sniffle, pout, etc." His commode is clean. 'Nuf said!

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 11:06 PM
:jiggy::jiggy:We're gonna have so much fun!!! :jiggy::jiggy:

Cat's Cradle
06-01-2011, 11:27 PM
My printer is low on toner, so I'm gonna have to do my image transfers with magazine or catalog images. (I have 10 folders FULL of images from various mags and catalogs!)

Cat's Cradle
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm just finishing up on the house cleaning (I hate cleaning house!!!) but swore to myself that I would NOT do any art until I got the house clean! Why do I do that to myself!?!?

Yes; why DO you torture yourself so? :twitcy:

I dunno. I've learned to art first and clean later...if there's time. Bahaha

Hear, hear!! :D

What is this "housework" of which you all keep mentioning? :eek:

jaw
06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
ooooooooooooo .... I just brought home some great magazines ... and since my printer is also on the fritz .... Oprah and packing tape here I come!!!!!!! (how appropriate is that?!)

HotMamaRama
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Oprah and packing tape!!! LMAO That IS a great combinatioN!!!

Theresagram
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
I've been busy with my packing tape and a bunch of mags!

HotMamaRama
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Welcome Tiffany186! Please be sure to read the instructions on the first page and if you have any further questions just ask! :)

HotMamaRama
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome DanainTX. Image transfers can be addicting. I love layering my backgrounds with them!! Adding you to the list now.

HotMamaRama
06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Here is my first Free R-I-D-E Card!

Background is layers of old journal pages from 20+ yrs ago with a little vintage dictionary thrown in. Then I used Liquitex glazing medium for the wave/swirl", butterfly is an image transfer, corner bits are done with rubber stamp, and the rest of the black are doodle dots and swirls. Finished one -R-I-D-E! :)

Cat's Cradle
06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
That is awesome, Trina!

theweavershand
06-02-2011, 07:30 PM
absolutely gorgeous, Trina and thanks for the details!! you can just pop that right in the mail to me! :D

AnnD
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
OH MY GOD! LOOK! A T-REX!

*Grabs Trina's card and runs*

Ruby Opaltones
06-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Wow - what a fabulous card!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73532&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1307055334
thanks for giving us a drool moment,
Best,
Ruby

jaw
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I used Oprah, InStyle, and some other style one ... Nice paper, glossy pictures.. My printed ones don't work worth a darn either!

Mouseit
06-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Ok Ok I got a questions... I got the Rubber stamps, I got the Image Transfers, got the doodling.. But what the heck is the Ephemera?????
I even googled it and got confused... I am taking it that it is something old... is that correct?

Inquiring minds want to know.. pretty please so I can finish my rides....*sobs*

HotMamaRama
06-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Ephemera (http://blog.ephemera-press.com/2007/10/16/what-is-ephemera/) is transitory written and printed matter not intended to be retained or preserved. Some collectible ephemera are advertising trade cards, airsickness bags, bookmarks, catalogues, greeting cards, letters, pamphlets, postcards, posters, prospectuses, stock certificates, tickets and zines. Decks of personality identification playing cards from the war in Iraq are a recent example.

If you click on the link I attached to the first word ephemera, it will take you to a blog that describes it pretty well.

Hope that helps Mouseit!

AnnD
06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Trina, I didn't see your answer until I had posted this. Since I took the time to write it, I won't delete it (unless you want me to). :)

In the antiques world, "ephemera" refers to things that are ephemeral, things that aren't made to last forever and that will therefore crumble and disappear (if not properly preserved) - correspondence, bills of lading and sale, tickets, labels, tags, and other things made of paper.

In our world, the paper is usually the key concept. Ephemera doesn't have to be old; in fact, it could be a drink ticket from the concert you went to last night or the black-and-white striped section of a business reply envelope.

People do most commonly use "vintage" ephemera, though - whether it's actually vintage or it just looks that way - and you can find scans of old everything all over the internet. Try looking up "collage ephemera" or "collage vintage ephemera" if you like that look.

HotMamaRama
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I found two images that I loved, transferred them, and I am hooked. Printed some out, ugh, didn't work. So, I have been looking through magazines to find more pictures, but no luck! Any ideas for good magazines to find images in to transfer? I haven't given up yet, but the deadline is getting closer, and I'll be gone for a week. I am determined to do this swap though! We'll see how it turns out. Love you card! That turned out awesome.

I find I like to stick with black and white images I print off of my computer. But it really works best with laser printers.

Also I have found that some packaging tape DOESN'T WORK!!! I like the cheaper stuff. FOr some reason it just seems to work better. So I would suggest experiementing with different tapes. And Don't forget to BURNISH the tape side before putting it in water!!! :) I've done that before.

As far as magazines go, it really just depends on what kind of images or look you are going for. If I want to find some kind of colorful design for a background, then I like fashion magazines. If I want textured looking stuff or outdoorsy stuff, I use Mens Health, National Geographics, Outdoor Adventure, etc. I have a friend who gets tons of magazines and when she is done with them she gives them to me to hack up and mutilate! :) If you get the word out that you are looking for magazines for art, I'm sure you'll find someone close by to supply you with a stash. Doctors offices and Hair/nail salons are GREAT places to stock up on old magazines too!!! :)

HotMamaRama
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
What AnnD said! :D

And for this swap - the ephemera does NOT have to be vintage!

shayNOLA
06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
HotMama, may I join? :)

HotMamaRama
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Yay Shay in the house!!!!! You betcha darling!! adding you now!!!

RobbyGirl
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry Sweet Mama, I'm feeling a little pressed for time so I'm going to pull out for this one. I'll still be makin my Funky Chunky Monkeys though!

Mouseit
06-06-2011, 09:40 PM
OOHHH Ok I get it now... so a little bitsy ticket with Ticket to ride on it would count? LOL

Thanks for the help and I will look out for that stuff on the web....looking looking...

HotMamaRama
06-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry to see you go darling Robin, but I understand! Glad you are still monkeying around with me. :wubclub:

Glad you've got it Mouseit! R-I-D-E on woman!! :)

Mouseit
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi All.. well I have completed three today, and what a challenge it was! LOL
Finding out what something was, relearning techniques.. etc etc... trying to stay warm when the winds are coming straight from the south pole and snow is everywhere!

Here are my cards... HotMama, I tried and I think I have all 4 elements on each card.... BUT you might need to count..LOL

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=232707

HotMamaRama
06-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow Mouseit they're all great! And I love the layering you used!! Glad you were challenged by the swap! I like to work outside the box and glad you got to try it too! Looking forward to seeing them in person!

Fantasia
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice cards Mouseit!! Don't like thinking of snow though...its finally in the 70s here!

AnnD
06-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Nicely done, Mouseit!

jaw
06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Okay ... this is what I've come up with so far ... not sure which will go your direction ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_free_ride_001.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_free_ride_002.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_free_ride_003.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_free_ride_004.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/1_free_ride_005.jpg

Mouseit
06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
WHOOHOOO So I got it right then... Ok!!!! zooming off to make the hostess card....

Mouseit
06-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Here is my last card....Hotmama, will PM you for your address!

Mouseit
06-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Ok I learnt something else too... I have found that my canon MP600 makes delightful transfers when a High resolution paper is used.. boy do they come out great!

HotMamaRama
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Mouseit - I have a Canon MX 870 printer and can't get a good transfer image. What kind of high resolution paper are you using?

Jaw - I can tell you are having some fun with the image transfers!! :D Love your little witch bird stamp. Did you make that one?

j4mi3 - Welcome to the mad house!! I mean swap! All you need to know should be on the first page but if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask away!

jaw
06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Jaw - I can tell you are having some fun with the image transfers!! :D Love your little witch bird stamp. Did you make that one?

I bought this one .. but I could've made it! I have the technology!!!

Fantasia
06-08-2011, 04:48 PM
ooh HotMama...hostess dear.....can I do found poetry on my cards if I meet all the R-I-D-E requirements as well? I seem to be in a FP state of mind lately.

Mouseit
06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
LOL I am sitting here laughing so hard....I found a card put aside that I had made for this swap that was drying.....LOL and thought hang on a sec, I raced out to my bag where I had put the envelope to send and thought "I have to open this I might not have the right amount of cards in here"...LOL ----Opened it and you guessed it I had made FIVE cards for the swap..LOL OHHH well I can just list the last one in Jaws party date and see if I have any takers.. heehee

Here's the 5th Card thought you might like to look! If you want a trade its over in Jaws play date!

Theresagram
06-08-2011, 09:40 PM
LOL I am sitting here laughing so hard....I found a card put aside that I had made for this swap that was drying.....LOL and thought hang on a sec, I raced out to my bag where I had put the envelope to send and thought "I have to open this I might not have the right amount of cards in here"...LOL ----Opened it and you guessed it I had made FIVE cards for the swap..LOL OHHH well I can just list the last one in Jaws party date and see if I have any takers.. heehee

Here's the 5th Card thought you might like to look! If you want a trade its over in Jaws play date!

I did that recently. I had a card up on a shelf to dry, I did 3 other cards and thought, now I have one more card to make. Then I found the one on the shelf!!! LOL

HotMamaRama
06-08-2011, 10:59 PM
ooh HotMama...hostess dear.....can I do found poetry on my cards if I meet all the R-I-D-E requirements as well? I seem to be in a FP state of mind lately.

Abso-flugan-lutely!!! Let your Found Poetry Muse go crazy! I wish I had a FP muse. Mine always turn out to be some snarky phrase, rather than anything poetic. ha ha

HotMamaRama
06-08-2011, 11:01 PM
louisezee - that sounds like a good technique to try. I haven't done that one yet. I was playing around with laminate paper for image transfers today. They work almost too well though. It even transfered some of the white from the paper! I just did a B&W image and the white came through as well.

Theresagram
06-08-2011, 11:02 PM
I found two images that I loved, transferred them, and I am hooked. Printed some out, ugh, didn't work. So, I have been looking through magazines to find more pictures, but no luck! Any ideas for good magazines to find images in to transfer? I haven't given up yet, but the deadline is getting closer, and I'll be gone for a week. I am determined to do this swap though! We'll see how it turns out. Love you card! That turned out awesome.

I have a bunch of Allure, In Style, Architectural Digest, Discovery, Audubon that I use. Lots of cool images in those. I get them at a used bookstore near me. :D

owl-lady
06-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi These are my cards for the swap I hope they are ok? thanks :)

HotMamaRama
06-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Great set of cards Owl-lady! That little Geisha is adorable.

Cards in from Ruby Opaltone. Thanks for the extra card and colalge bits! :wubclub:

HotMamaRama
06-09-2011, 03:14 PM
So I know I am not the only one who was reading about all the image transfer practice over at the ATHON and JAWs Playdate! Anybody up for some Show and Tell over here?

RedHeartStudio
06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
oh yes....I wanna see toooo!! I am new to image transfer (thanks to our HotMama!!) and I wanna see more!!!! :)

Theresagram
06-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm working on one now. :)

(But it might be too...risque to post here.):huh:

RedHeartStudio
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
post in the Adult gallery Theresa!!! Cuz I am that kinda girl and I wanna see it!!!! ;)

Theresagram
06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
post in the Adult gallery Theresa!!! Cuz I am that kinda girl and I wanna see it!!!! ;)

Heeheehee

HotMamaRama
06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
It's fine to post in the thread Theresa. But if you decide it is to risque, then you can always post it in the adult gallery. Now you have me curious! ! ;)

Theresagram
06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Almost done with it. But I have to affix the tranfer. What's best for that?

HotMamaRama
06-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Theresa - I like to use a thin layer of gel medium to adhere the transfers to the card. Then I go over them with another thin layer on top, as it seal it in good, AND makes it easier to alter or doodle over with gel pens and the like. :)

Weatheredhalo - First of all, have I told you yet that I LOVE your username!?! I think my halo is a bitn too weathered, but I had fun getting it that way! ;) But alas, to answer your question, yes, a book page would work. ANd if you are on vacation, pipck up a pamphlet here or there. Save a bus or train or airline ticket, any ticket for that matter, and those can all be used as ephemera too!

shayNOLA
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Here are two I'd like to add to the swap. 'Stormy Day' has three of the four techniques but 'Fairy Ferns' only has two. Hope you like them.
I'm determined to use all four on the remaining two... wish me luck. I've never tried a transfer before!

autumnsensation
06-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Adoring shayNOLA's "Stormy Day"!!

HotMamaRama
06-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh Shay! I love the monochromatic tones of your cards!!!!

theweavershand
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Shay...those are totally fabulous! love, love, love them!!

shayNOLA
06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks, guys! So I guess I'm forgiven for not using all four techniques?? :)

HotMamaRama
06-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Cards in from Maineatc. Thanks for the extra!

HotMamaRama
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Weatheredhalo - NO BOTHER AT ALL!!! I wanted this to be a challenge for folks, so I'm thrilled you are really going for it!!

shayNOLA
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
shaynola, I love your cards...is it ok if I lift your idea?

I'd be totally flattered!! :jiggy:

Theresagram
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Here are two I'd like to add to the swap. 'Stormy Day' has three of the four techniques but 'Fairy Ferns' only has two. Hope you like them.
I'm determined to use all four on the remaining two... wish me luck. I've never tried a transfer before!

Very cool cards!

HotMamaRama
06-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Layers are always great! Layers are fabulous! I did mean the metal, flowers, etc. Any of those embellishments that are used in scrapbooking, etc are generally thick and cost more to mail! You are off to a great start weatheredhalo! ;)

shayNOLA
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Here's one using all four techniques. Some of the ink scrubbed off of the transparency but I sort of like the effect. It gives it an aged look...

HotMamaRama
06-13-2011, 10:25 PM
louisezee - they look flat enough, but I would send the extra postage just to be safe.
You did a great job. That dare to be different girl is adorable!

lkastello
06-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Here's one using all four techniques. Some of the ink scrubbed off of the transparency but I sort of like the effect. It gives it an aged look...

WOW!!! That is LOVELY!!!

shayNOLA
06-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks, Ikastello! I used a photo of an earlier Zentangle ATC I made to make the transfer.

HotMamaRama
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
That's a good idea Shay! It came out great, and I do like the "aged" look the scrubbed off transfer bits create.

RedHeartStudio
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM
shay love that aged look too and your card is lovely!!!!

louisezee great cards.....I LOVE LOVE LOVE dare to be different

I will be working on my this weekend!!!!

theweavershand
06-14-2011, 02:55 PM
i have to agree! fabulous cards!

louise...that dare to be different girl is totally awesome!
shay...all your yours are fabu!!
weatheredhalo...loving what you have so far. cant wait to see how you finish it up!

Fantasia
06-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Okay, so I'm making tons & tons of image transfer, because they are so much fun...but I can't figure out what to do on my cards......this is more challanging than I thought it would be!!

Loving all the cards we've seen so far! :)

HotMamaRama
06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Terry I'm glad you are having fun with the transfers! Sometimes I just start with a little colored background, texture it up a bit, slap a little ink on it, layer some transfers over one another for a cool depth, mess with your eyeballs sort of look, and go from there! :D

Right now I am in a steampunk mood, and have gobs of watch parts and gear transfers I did for a moley spread, but made sure to have extras to play with for this swap!!! Might even sneak a few watch parts on it for a finishing touch - as long as they're flat enough! :)

HotMamaRama
06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I also love doing image transfers of people to place in the background, then an opaque image of another person in the foreground. It gives the background person a really ghost like effect! So many fun ideas to experiement with!

lkastello
06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
jUST HAD AN aNND-RIFFIC aFTERNOON!!!

wE HAVE AN APARTMENT IN iNDIANAPOLIS tHANKS TO tHAT fabulous WOMAN!!!

Fantasia
06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah Lisa!!!! I'm so jealous that you get to be in Indianapolis!

Trina...thanks for the suggestions. I just need to stop making transfers and do something. LOL

AnnD
06-15-2011, 08:50 PM
LOLOL! I was just running in here to say . . . I got to meet lkastello!!! And we had a ball! And she has an apartment! And she's going to teach me stuff! Wooooooooooo!

HotMamaRama
06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Are you two going to be close enough to get together for arty parties? So fun!!!

Congratulations on scoring the apartment so quickly Lisa! That AnnD is one smart cookie! I don't know if I'm more jealous that you two get to live so close to each other, or that you now live next to the Goodwill Thrift Store Mecca where Ann always finds her treasures! ;)

AnnD
06-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Poor Lisa will be stuck living 5 minutes away from me. She might even have to see me at the grocery store when I haven't showered. *Shudder*

Fantasia
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
ooh lucky Lisa & Ann...I'm so jealous!

Russell
06-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Poor Lisa will be stuck living 5 minutes away from me. She might even have to see me at the grocery store when I haven't showered. *Shudder*

And not much farther from me! And, she'll be working just three blocks from my house! I hope she teaches me things too. I heard through AnnD last night (I was fortunate enough to have dinner with her and her wonderful husband) that Lisa knows how to do all sorts of cool arty things.

Mouseit
06-16-2011, 09:07 AM
OHOH I see a arty party coming on....LOL

I love doing it with my girls on Thursday nights... its a real treat! We had it at my house tonight (YEP ITS THURSDAY!) and had a ball.... I got three cards now done for the Bee and Honey swap whohoooo

HotMamaRama
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM

SWEET!!!! You can go shopping together!! That's even closer than Theresagram and I. We are about 10-15 minutes apart. And I have to drive 4 hours to get to Beth!

And not much farther from me! And, she'll be working just three blocks from my house! I hope she teaches me things too. I heard through AnnD last night (I was fortunate enough to have dinner with her and her wonderful husband) that Lisa knows how to do all sorts of cool arty things.

Lucky Duck!! And if there is a Starbucks nearby, That's a trifecta for Lisa!!!

Sorry, but I've got to drop out. Deadline is getting closer, and I still am working on the first card. Too much going on this month. Sorry, and thanks for all of the help! Also, thanks for inspiring me to try something new!

Sorry to see you go weatheredhalo, but glad you got to try something new!

AnnD
06-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Lucky Duck!! And if there is a Starbucks nearby, That's a trifecta for Lisa!!!

She could almost walk there.

HotMamaRama
06-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Lisa - it will be like heaven on Earth! :)

lkastello
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I am sooooooooo psyched!!!
Great friends, great coffee, great arting!!!
Oh! and did I mention that I have a wonderful new apartment...thanks to AnnD!!!

jaw
06-17-2011, 01:12 AM
I am sooooooooo psyched!!!
Great friends, great coffee, great arting!!!
Oh! and did I mention that I have a wonderful new apartment...thanks to AnnD!!!

*using best Eeyore voice*
yadda ... yadda ... yadda ... rub it in .... art friends nearby ... good coffee ... and you have a home ...
*walks off looking for tail*

jaw
06-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Now can all your friends and relations come to stay? .... and your AFA "family" is considered relations ... right? ....

(I am in a Winnie the Pooh mood tonight! LOL)

Theresagram
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
There's a Starbuck's within walking distance of my house. :) (I don't personally drink coffee though):dull:

lkastello
06-17-2011, 12:25 PM
I think that we can find room for visitors...expecially AFA family members!

Fantasia
06-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I think that we can find room for visitors...expecially AFA family members!

oooooh, time to plan my fall vacation!!!!!!

AnnD
06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
LOL!

I just finished my fourth card, so Ms. Hotness, if you could send me your new address, I'd be much obliged!

lkastello
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
AnnD- GREAT CARDS!!!

HotMamaRama
06-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Ann those are fantabulous! I love the "Think Not" muscle man!
I'm kind of obsessed with the human form after going to the Body Worlds & The Brain Exhibit!!! I totally want to do an "Ode To Gunther von Hagen" Swap, but not sure if it would be too much for most folks!

Fantasia
06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Fab-U-Lous Cards Ms. AnnD!!!!! I especially love "Control Your Passion"....not something I've ever been good at.

HotMamaRama
06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Mail Call!!! :wubclub:
Cards in abundance from:

JAW - Thanks for the hostie darling!
Mouseit - Thanks for the hostie and the oh so cool shiny bits!
Autumnsensation - All 6 of your beauties arrived safely! And thanks for the hostie sweets!

AnnD
06-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Pfft! I'd be WAY in - but I'm sure that shocks you. ;)

Thanks to all of you for the lovies! :jiggy:

AnnD
06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I especially love "Control Your Passion"....not something I've ever been good at.

LOL! Me either, Fantasia! It usually controls me!

Rogue Gal
06-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Ooh, AnnD, those cards are fabulous!!

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Great cards Ann! :)

AnnD
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks! :jiggy:

RedHeartStudio
06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Awesome cards AnnD!!! Love them all!!!!! I think I will have to fight Trina for the muscle man!!! lol

So happy for you Lisa.....and living so close to AnnD, Russell and a starbucks!!! :swoon: (jealous) I think I am going to have to move to Mesa just to be closer to Trina and Theresa!!!

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh yes Beth do!!! We would have so much fun the three of us!!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Ok, here are my cards. Trina, I can mail them or deliver them. :D

75141 75142

75143 75144

RedHeartStudio
06-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Theresa....First, I am seriously thinking about it!!! Time for a change I think!! And secondly........Love love love your cards!!! Time and Adore are my faves!!!

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks Beth! Those 2 are my faves too.

I really think you should move down here!! The 3 of us could get in so much trouble...er, have so much fun!! :D

RedHeartStudio
06-18-2011, 10:12 PM
all I need is a job (sheriff dept or prison) and I can!!!!! oh the fun we can have and the trouble we can get into!!!! :)

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 10:59 PM
You could work for Sheriff Joe!

Fantasia
06-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Theresa...LOVE your cards, especially the queen one!

Theresagram
06-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks Terry!

RedHeartStudio
06-18-2011, 11:39 PM
You could work for Sheriff Joe!

I would love to work for Sheriff Joe.....I met him once, great guy!!! and funny too!!!

lkastello
06-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Trina-
This swap is near and dear to my heart...and more so the host...
so it pains and frustrates me that I must withdraw...
with the move and a conference and the new job preparations, I just can seem to get more than my moley commitments done.
Please, forgive me.
Love,Lisa

HotMamaRama
06-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Lisa darling I adore you more than chocolate and peanut butter!!!! No worries love, you have WAY MORE IMPORTANT things to be focused on right now!!!! <3 ya

AnnD
06-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Great cards, Theresa!

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Ann! :D

HotMamaRama
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Ok, here are my cards. Trina, I can mail them or deliver them. :D

75141 75142

75143 75144

How did I almost miss these!?! :eek: I really must stop using the ipad so much, I somehow don't catch pics as easily because they show up so small on the ipad.
T - these are great!!! And I think you MUST hand deliver them!!! Just cause we can! :)
Oh and T- thought you might appreciate the fact that I purchased my first pair of reading glasses the other day! :huh: Nothing as cute as what you have, but they sure do help. And as if that wasn't enough to make me feel old, I had to purchase BenGay cream at the same time. LMAO!!! Yep, it's offical... I'm old now!

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks Trina!! :D Ok, hand deliver it is! :jiggy:

BenGay? LOL You're not old! Remember...you're younger than I am! ;)

HotMamaRama
06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Ha ha - to tell the truth the Ben Gay WAS for my daughter and her leg pains (growing pains), but the guy checking me out at the counter gave me a look. Lil punk a$$ kid that he was! Granted he is probably in his 20's but hey.... lol

And have I told you lately how much I hate gravity!?! Where or where has the cleavage gone???? ha

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Ha ha - to tell the truth the Ben Gay WAS for my daughter and her leg pains (growing pains), but the guy checking me out at the counter gave me a look. Lil punk a$$ kid that he was! Granted he is probably in his 20's but hey.... lol

And have I told you lately how much I hate gravity!?! Where or where has the cleavage gone???? ha

Hey, could go mess him up! LOL:rolleyes:

Where has the clevage gone? It migrates south! Yeah, gravity sucks! Maybe we should go into business together, start a company...Boobs R Us! We could make industrial strength bras to hoist them back up to where they once were! :biglaugh:

AnnD
06-19-2011, 04:09 PM
We could make industrial strength bras to hoist them back up to where they once were!

OMG, I seriously got the most awesome hoist mechanism yesterday! It's a Wacoal convertible, and it cost me a kidney, but it's totally worth it. The 17-year-old boys at Magic will no longer be able to tell how freezing cold I am at the game shop, and I look 10 years younger (well . . . as long as you keep your eyes fixed steadily on my chest).

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I have a rubber stamp that says I go braless to pull the wrinkles out of my face. :biglaugh:

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 04:13 PM
OMG, I seriously got the most awesome hoist mechanism yesterday! It's a Wacoal convertible, and it cost me a kidney, but it's totally worth it. The 17-year-old boys at Magic will no longer be able to tell how freezing cold I am at the game shop, and I look 10 years younger (well . . . as long as you keep your eyes fixed steadily on my chest).

ROFLMAO!!! :biglaugh:

Mine are Cirque or something like that. Heavy duty babies that won't show temp changes! And they do a pretty good job of pulling them back up to where they once were! :twitcy: They do tend to cost you a vital organ or two though.

Cat's Cradle
06-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I have a rubber stamp that says I go braless to pull the wrinkles out of my face. :biglaugh:
I go braless so my nursling has easy access. ;)

For reals, though, unless I *have* to, I don't wear one. Too darn uncomfortable!

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I go braless so my nursling has easy access. ;)

For reals, though, unless I *have* to, I don't wear one. Too darn uncomfortable!

Ack! I have to wear one (except to bed) else I hurt someone! :twitcy: ROFL

Rogue Gal
06-19-2011, 07:32 PM

I wear one in public, but am small enough to go without around the house. The first thing I do when I get home from work is pull that thing out through the armholes of my shirt. Once had a friend who referred to taking off a bra as "freeing the hostages" :laugh:

Theresagram
06-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Once had a friend who referred to taking off a bra as "freeing the hostages" :laugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

HotMamaRama
06-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Love the freeing of the hostages! A great description! I do the same thing. I hate wearing bras! I go without one when ever possible. Thus why they are closer to the belly button then the chin now a days! lol And I get nips all the time, I just don't care anymore! After a certain age, I figure no one is really paying attention anymore anyway. ;)

But kuddo's to you Ann for giving those Magic boys something to be distracted by while you kick their butt in Magic! :). Smart thinking!

Rogue Gal
06-19-2011, 08:28 PM
The same friend referred to her annual exam as "Going in for the scoots". You know how they always say, "Just scoot down a little more to the end of the table, scoot a little more..."

HotMamaRama
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
LMAO!!! Must meet this friend of yours! Bring her to Hood River this August! Ha ha

Fantasia
06-19-2011, 08:34 PM
ROFL!!!! I don't read the thread for a day or so, and what a wandering thread it becomes....!!!! I'm laughing so hard because gravity is taking my "girls" as well and as much as I hate it, I have to give them support most of the time! My poor 14 yo isn't happy with what she has inherited from me...says its no fun having to buy/wear such a supportive bra at her age. But I tell her she doesn't want to look like me when she gets older. LOL!

Fantasia
06-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Well, here is my first completed cards. Others are in various stages of completion and should be done and ready to mail in a couple of days. Won't get to them tomorrow, my 14 yo is "graduating" from 8th grade and we'll be celebrating her success tomorrow evening at an awards ceremony followed by a semi-formal dance. :)

AnnD
06-19-2011, 09:31 PM
What a very clever way to use a baseball ticket! I know what a fan you are, too - you should make some of those for yourself! (You know, with all of your spare time. Har.)

HotMamaRama
06-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Cards in from Owl Lady - thank you so kindly for the extra card!

Rogue Gal
06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
LMAO!!! Must meet this friend of yours! Bring her to Hood River this August! Ha ha

Ironically, she now lives in Arizona! :eek:

shayNOLA
06-21-2011, 01:52 PM
So what's happening in Hood River this August?? Curious minds would like to know...

shayNOLA
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
OKAY... Just did some searching in the forums... WOW, you lucky wenches! I wanna go!!!

AnnD
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Mine will go out tomorrow morning. :)

citykitten
06-22-2011, 04:16 AM
I realised I left it too late to mail... ooops! Please withdraw me. Sorry :(

Russell
06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Hot mama dear, my cards went into the mail yesterday.

HotMamaRama
06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Ironically, she now lives in Arizona! :eek:

Okay now you're just teasing me right? She wouldn't happen to live in Mesa would she? LOL ;)

OKAY... Just did some searching in the forums... WOW, you lucky wenches! I wanna go!!!

AND you SOOOOOO need to join us!!!!! You can room with me and Nancy!

My cards went postal this morning.

Yay!!! :jiggy:

Mine will go out tomorrow morning. :)

Yay!!:jiggy:

Hot mama dear, my cards went into the mail yesterday.
Yay!! :jiggy:

I realised I left it too late to mail... ooops! Please withdraw me. Sorry :(

Surprisingly, mail has been getting here from OZ much faster than I thought it would. It used to take things almost a month sometimes to and from Alaska, but since living here, I get them in about a week!!! I say send them on and we'll swing it! :)

GoldenWolf
06-22-2011, 09:45 PM
I got so involved in making image transfers, I forgot to get the rest of the cards done! Please withdraw me since I won't get them finished and mail them in time. Thanks!

HotMamaRama
06-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Sure thing louisezee!
I haven't checked the mail yet today. It's 116 degrees fahrenheit outside and I really don't feel like walking out to the mailbox right now. :eek: I'll check it in the morning when its cooler, like in the 80's!

AnnD
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
116?!

I was just at my mother-in-law's house watching some reality show set in Morocco, and all the contestants were dying because it was 107!

theweavershand
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
quite a change from Alaska, I'm guessing!

Here are my cards. I believe I managed to include all 4 challenges. I hope to have these in the mail to you tomorrow.

shayNOLA
06-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Trina, can you PM me your new address? Thx!
Awesome cards, theweavershand!

Theresagram
06-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Sure thing louisezee!
I haven't checked the mail yet today. It's 116 degrees fahrenheit outside and I really don't feel like walking out to the mailbox right now. :eek: I'll check it in the morning when its cooler, like in the 80's!

Wait till it hits 127 degrees!! :jiggy::jiggy:

Rogue Gal
06-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Wait till it hits 127 degrees!! :jiggy::jiggy:

:swoon: Ugh, that's brutal! :swoon:

It was about 70 degrees here today. The heat still hasn't made it to this part of Oregon yet - it's been unseasonably cool, but I'm liking it.

Theresagram
06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, 127 isn't fun. It doesn't get that hot very often, but it's not comfortable.

Fantasia
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
HotMama....I need to withdraw....sent you a PM.

Cat's Cradle
06-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Trina, I need to withdraw as well.

HotMamaRama
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Sorry to see you go Fantasia and Catscradle... thanks for letting me know.

Yep, 116 according to my car thermastat while I was driving back from Scottsdale yesterday afternoon. I even took a picture of it with my cell phone for prrof to my hubby! It was indeed, a bit toasty! Makes 105 feel "comfortable" now!

Theresagram
06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Ack! I've got to get my cards over to you T!

I am picking up the grandkids in the morning, so I'll be out that way. 9am-ish. Will you be around?

HotMamaRama
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
T- if you mean tomorrow morning then yes, I'll be around most of tomorrow as well. I'm heading to Lake Havasu City on Sunday, but will be back by Wednesday, if we can't meet up beforehand. Hubby will be here though.

Theresagram
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I can bring my cards over in the morning, either before I pick up the kiddies or after. :)

Rogue Gal
06-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Here are my cards:

They are actually just R-I-E cards - rubberstamping, image transfer (new to me), and ephemera. Hopefully Trina will forgive my lack of "D" :unsure:

Cards will be in the mail on Monday.

HotMamaRama
06-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh Christine they are beautiful!!!! I love that second one!

Oh and what a wonderful mail day!!! Cards in from AnnD, Russell, Louisezee, Tiffany186!!!
Thank you all for the hostie cards!!!! :wubclub: :wubclub: :wubclub: :wubclub: You all spoil me so!!!

AnnD
06-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Yay! So glad they arrived!

Rogue Gal, those are wonderful! And that second one?! *Faints*

GoldenWolf
06-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Just noticed you didn't mark me as a withdraw yet (see post 250). Don't want to get a neutral for lack of communication. Thanks!

HotMamaRama
06-25-2011, 12:10 AM
I've got it noted Goldenwolf. And thanks for the reminder, I can't change it from my iPad but will do it tomorrow form the PC.

Rogue Gal
06-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Thanks Trina and Ann for the nice comments on my cards - the second one is my favorite too :) This was my first time doing packing tape transfers and I really enjoyed it - I have lots of extras so will be doing more cards. Thanks for getting me to take the plunge into a new process!

shayNOLA
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Rouge Gal... AMAZING art cards!! LOL... the second one is my fav, too but I think our lovely hostess has dibs on that one! I'll take ANY of them... :) Love your technique!

HotMama... cards are in the mail! Sorry for cutting it so close. :wubclub:

HotMamaRama
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks for letting me know Shay!
Oh, And you never know what cards I may or may not keep! I never know until it comes to swap time! ;)

HotMamaRama
06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Cards in from Papersaga!! Thank you so much for the extra postage! :wubclub:

And cards hand delivered this morning by Miss Theresagram! Thank you for the generous hostie gifts darling!! You really know how to butter me up! ;) lol

Theresagram
06-25-2011, 08:43 PM
And cards hand delivered this morning by Miss Theresagram! Thank you for the generous hostie gifts darling!! You really know how to butter me up! ;) lol

:unsure:Was I supposed to bring butter? :unsure:

Bahaha

You're very welcome, darlink!