PDA

View Full Version : FPAT Memorial Weekend 2011 -Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

RobbyGirl
05-25-2011, 02:27 PM
A Memorial Weekend Found Poetry-a-thon (FPAT) is Scheduled May 27th-May 30th, Hosted by RobbyGirl, Minnkel and EvaLila.

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00am on Friday May 27th (That’s Midnight on Thrursday) 2011.
End time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm Monday, May 30st, 2011

A marathon weekend to “get together” virtually and create Found Poetry. Everyone will participate over the same days and times in each time zone . . . kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies!

What Is Found Poetry? To create a “Found” poem, begin with a page of text. This can be a page in a book, an advertisement, brochure, flyer, or anything that’s written text. For this “a-thon” we are working from one page for each poem.

Read through the page you will be working from (must be something you are willing to cut up) and choose words to create your poem or offbeat verse. If you’ve ever played with a magnetic poetry set then you get the concept!
After you’ve chosen your words, cut them out and with your best attempt at keeping them grammatically correct (you can steal letters from other words if you need to add endings such as “s”, “es” or “ing.”)

After you’ve assembled your poem you will collage it to the ATC card you are creating. The card can be collaged, hand drawn, painted, digital or Mixed Media just so long as your found poem is collaged onto the art. Some people like to create their art first then find the words and some prefer to “write” the poem then create the art to accompany it.

Another fun form of Found Poetry is Blackout Poetry. Choose a paragraph to work from that will fit your ATC then black out (paint over) the words you won’t be using to create your poem. Below are some examples of both types of found poetry.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the thread we will do our best to answer them. Have fun, this is low pressure; we aren’t looking for Robert Frost here!

If you need book pages before the A Thon PM me and I'll mail you some!

Here are links to the last two FPATs if you'd like to peruse cards.

FPAT Memorial DayWeekend 2010 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15453)
FPAT Labor Day Weekend 2010
(http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16600)

Please mail your trades within two weeks.
PM the people you want to trade with rather than asking in the thread.

Hints:
Don't get caught up in reading the books your pulling words from, it's better to tear out a page and make yourself create the poem from that one page.
Remember to seal your text/words well, they have a tendency to fall off if you only use glue, a glaze or gel medium finish will prevent this.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_ATART_King_of_Hearts.jpg[/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

jaw
05-25-2011, 02:31 PM
wahoo!

Evalila
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Is it Friday yet?? :eek:

CynthiaSillitoe
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Just got back from my book shopping! I found some great stuff and only spent $5. :)

theweavershand
05-25-2011, 05:00 PM
really hoping i get to play a little this weekend. my sister and her "boyfriend" are supposed to be here Sat and Sun but hopefully ill be able to play on Monday at least.

RobbyGirl
05-25-2011, 06:08 PM
I raided the "Pass a book a long" shelf at my health club today for some new material. It's suppose to rain here this weekend...and I'm happy about it...is that pathetic?...LOL.

lkastello
05-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Is it Friday yet?? :eek:

YEAH!!! I'M WITH EVELYN!!!

RobbyGirl
05-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Lisa I Love your exuberance! LOL I'm really excited too!

Theresagram
05-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm ready to go!!! :D

minnkel
05-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm SOOOOO ready.....going to get a good nights sleep tonight...(as RobbyGirl knows...my brain has been a bit muddled today!). Then I'll be ready for finding poetry all over they place!! I'm really looking forward to playing!!

mrubyjean
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I've been trying to finish up some swaps and commitments so I can play without guilt this weekend! I do have to work Friday but then I'm free!

HHC
05-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm ready for Friday...

weditt
05-25-2011, 09:38 PM
PLEASE let me have some time this weekend to play!!! I have two already in the works...

Hazartist1
05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I've never done found poetry, and never participated in an a thon.....Maybe I'll give this a try!

Suze
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM
been cutting out words......I think Robin said something about "don't get caught up in reading and looking for the right words etc. She's so right!!!I've spent alot of time just reading the book , lol.
This will be a first for me, combining poetry and art. Gosh, I wish it was Friday.

RobbyGirl
05-25-2011, 10:33 PM
I've never done found poetry, and never participated in an a thon.....Maybe I'll give this a try!

Hope you join us, it's a load of fun spending the weekend creating and trading!

RobbyGirl
05-25-2011, 10:36 PM
been cutting out words......I think Robin said something about "don't get caught up in reading and looking for the right words etc. She's so right!!!I've spent alot of time just reading the book , lol.
This will be a first for me, combining poetry and art. Gosh, I wish it was Friday.

LOL I hear you, I pick up a lot of free or cheap books and can't believe some of the crap I end up reading :wacko:

KESagers
05-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Got some FPAT backgrounds made today. :)

sniisk
05-26-2011, 01:56 AM
I got Saturday off :spinny:.

Rogue Gal
05-26-2011, 02:42 AM
I've been trying to finish up some swaps and commitments so I can play without guilt this weekend!

This has been my goal as well, but I never seem to get caught up :wacko: Oh well, I'm gonna play anyway!

RobbyGirl
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM
I got Saturday off :spinny:.

Oh that's great Sanna!

Mouseit
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
*takes the coffee off lkastello* OK YOUNG LADY - You have had ENOUGH.. heehee

Well looks Like I am here to keep you all in order...LOL

Nope not going to play just mess with ya MINDS....WEG:wacko:

well you know I would.... I want to see the creative folks at work.... *waiting waiting* for Fri 12am......

alanabannana
05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
thank you ladies for hosting. I hope to get some cards done in between planting the veggies, visiting the cemeteries to plant flowers and helping hubby cut down a tree

Gina-B
05-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I think you can post the link - I seem to think we have to actively choose to see the gallery in our profile - if we haven't chosen I think the link just won't work?

sniisk
05-26-2011, 12:24 PM
And if you tell here what kind of pictures you have behind the links, there shouldn't be any problem. Then at least we are warned before opening the links :).

CynthiaSillitoe
05-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I've been trying to finish up some swaps and commitments so I can play without guilt this weekend! I do have to work Friday but then I'm free!

Be sneaky like me. I can't officially start FPAT yet, but....by a happy coincidence, I signed up for GoldenWolf's book page stash swap. I think I'll work on those today to warm up. :cute:

HHC
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Diome, as long as you warn us about the link, it should be okay.

Personally, I prefer not to view "naughty" art and really appreciate there is a place where those who do, can do it so I don't have to. :)

Jean
05-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I hope I'll be able to play! I have an old, falling apart book I have been dying to work with...

lkastello
05-26-2011, 02:02 PM
*takes the coffee off lkastello* OK YOUNG LADY - You have had ENOUGH.. heehee

Well looks Like I am here to keep you all in order...LOL

Nope not going to play just mess with ya MINDS....WEG:wacko:

well you know I would.... I want to see the creative folks at work.... *waiting waiting* for Fri 12am......

Just finished a Starbucks vanilla doubleshot...so

WATCH OUT WORLD!!!

RobbyGirl
05-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Just one question. If I upload the cards to the adult gallery, I'll just post the links then or?:huh:

I have a set of 6 somewhat naughty poems.;) Two other that I've found already are horror themed. I might search for some more... It proved out better for me to start with composing the poems. I'll do the collage during the marathon.

Yes please post the links. I'll be first in line to see them because I rather like naughty and Dark themed cards or naughty,dark themed cards for a double whammy.....LOL!

poeticpaper
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
grrrrr...

I'm going out of town the 27th and won't be back until Sunday. If I get time, I'll play tomorrow morn before I leave and Sunday when I get back...

no guarantees though...

man! I wouldn't have made those plans if I had known there was a FPAT this weekend!!

Joss
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
You know me, I can't resist a FP thon. Will sure be involved, unless my DIL has our little grandson soon (we had a 'false alarm' on Tuesday, I got a call during my day at school, and dropped everything and rushed over to look after my granddaughter while they went to the Hospital, but false alarm!). Everyone so disappointed, we want to meet the little guy already and welcome him to our family.

RobbyGirl
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
You know me, I can't resist a FP thon. Will sure be involved, unless my DIL has our little grandson soon (we had a 'false alarm' on Tuesday, I got a call during my day at school, and dropped everything and rushed over to look after my granddaughter while they went to the Hospital, but false alarm!). Everyone so disappointed, we want to meet the little guy already and welcome him to our family.

Anticipation! Hope you get to meet a healthy little grandson soon Joss!

Theresagram
05-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Push the guilt aside....this is important!!! :spinny:

Mouseit
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
OOHHHHH Its Friday here in Australia and we can start....only I am the "messing with your mind" person no the creator this weekend... heehee

COME ON AUSSIES COME ON COME ON!!!!

RobbyGirl
05-26-2011, 07:59 PM
If I grab a beer and say "Crikey" can I pretend I'm in Australia? I really want to get started! I just took a nap so I can stay up past Midnight...LOL.

KESagers
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM
It will be our secret RobbyGirl.:mask:

poeticpaper
05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, that's commitment, RobbyGirl - napping in prep for the FP-a-thon!

citykitten
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Well it's noon here on friday and I have started but the muse isn't flowing yet so I only have one to put up.

KESagers
05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
That's great - cool background!

Suze
05-26-2011, 10:46 PM
oh, CityKitty, I love that one. Your muse is with you!
Jean, I hope you play!!!!
Joss, guess what?? I just got the news...........I'm gonna be a Great Grandmacan't believe it, as I am only 39. Oh, wait, I think thats my waist size.....
tell ya what , cutting out all them little words can make a girl silly.

Is it time yet?????????

Blanche
05-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Just checking in - I have to work tomorrow, have a Honey-Do-List a mile long for Saturday, Sunday Hubby and I Go fishing, Monday is Spring-Clean-The-House/Memorial Day.
BUT in between all that I hope to write a poem or two and make a card or two!

citykitten, that's lovely!!!

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Nice start City Kitten and PaintMany...a Great Grandma...I don't believe it!!

Evalila
05-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Great start, citykitten!

For me itīs almost time to start. Itīs 7 am and I slept longer than I wanted to. Wasnīt able to stay up until after midnight. Will have breakfast first and then ------ PLAY!

citykitten
05-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Thank you for the compliments - appreciated today cause I feel blah!

I must be the only aussie who has nothing better to do than create art and watch Dr.Phil :embarrassed: (I don't work at the moment)

Here are four more:
a) I can't remember here TRADED
b) I was very angry
c) The Secret TRADED
d) There is no end

mrubyjean
05-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Terrific, citykitten!

Ugh...I don't think I'll be able to make it until midnight here!

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Well you are off to a wonderful start City Kitten, great cards! We all are just trying to wait patiently and droop eyed here in the Pacific Northwest....sigh...always the last to start.

citykitten
05-27-2011, 04:09 AM
OK now I just feel like I am hogging the thread - sorry!

a) The Dire End
b) The Truth
c) Thoughts

Evalila
05-27-2011, 04:18 AM
LOL

Youīre not alone:) Iīm still working on my first cards - waiting for them to dry actually.

Evalila
05-27-2011, 04:24 AM
And you say your muse isnīt flowing??????

What are your cards like when she is????????????????:huh:

Evalila
05-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Here are my first two - seems Iīm in a dark mood lately ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT001.jpg # 1 - Get Away TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT002.jpg # 2 - Darkness on hold

citykitten
05-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Oh I did find her throughout the day :)

Loving your cards!

Gina-B
05-27-2011, 05:04 AM
citykitten, evalila - what terrific cards! I have alot fo running around and actual work to do today before I can play. Time might be limited this weekend but I did say to my husband - "I don't care, its a poetry weekend - you know those bits of paper cut up - and I want at least one day to work on them!" :-)

And i am hoping to maybe pick up a ink pad while I'm out for backgrounds. I have never tried stamping....

Joss
05-27-2011, 05:24 AM
You have all started with a BANG. Cityk, love yours -they are all so dramatic, and I think I should try some of those this time.
Evelyn, I want to trade with you already,so I better go and do my chores first and then I can settle down and start.
Great grandma- never! I am exhausted just being a grandma.

Evalila
05-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi Joss, glad you can play! Canīt wait to see your creations!

Here are my next two:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT003.jpg # 3 - Moral Danger TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT004.jpg # 4 - Utopia on hold

minnkel
05-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Good Morning Wonderful artists!!!!!! Wow! you guys have been ROCKIN'! I just got up. Afraid I overslept a bit but just had to drop in to see what you were up to. Gotta go have coffee and fix breakfast for the mob....then I'll be back to play in earnest!! WOOHOO! Beautiful beautiful cards....I can only hope some stay around until I have something to trade!!!! ***secretly hopes everyone else oversleeps so I have a chance***

Later Gators!

citykitten
05-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Morning Minnkel!

Evalila you know I just LOVE LOVE LOVE moral danger.

citykitten
05-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Well I am going to bed now because I am real tired but I will try and check in through the night to see what all you wonderful artists are creating.

Evalila
05-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Good night, Manda! Sleep well!

notinkansas
05-27-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_very_hip_FPAT.jpg traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_adored__FPAT.jpg traded
had time to do a couple before work...first attempts at found poetry...what fun
although my husband gave me some weird looks when I got out my scissors and a book
I just have to be sure my grandkids don't catch me cutting up pages...wounldn't be the greatest example

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Ooh awesome cards ladies! I have some drying now can't wait to trade! Good Morning Everyone!!

Evalila
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
And two more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT005.jpg # 5 - Hearts beat high

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT006.jpg # 6 - In Despair

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Here are my first three
1) Gravity and Honesty Traded
2) Private Victory Traded
3) Another Street Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Gravity.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=229896)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Victory.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=229895)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Another_Streeet.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=229894)

HotMamaRama
05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Oh Robin you and your Found Poetry!!!! :wubclub:
I sincerely hope to get to participate in this one. I'm in that sort of mood lately!!! :)

sniisk
05-27-2011, 10:03 AM
So many wonderful cards here! I hope to start after few hours. I haven't seen my husband for ages and he arrived back to home few minutes ago (as I did too :)). It's dinner time and then I'll start.

Theresagram
05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Cowabunga! Lots of great cards being posted!

I'm babysitting my grandkids until 4:30pm today, after that I'll have time to play. And I'll have time the rest of the weekend too! :D

minnkel
05-27-2011, 10:48 AM
First - CONGRATS PMC!!! If being a Great-Grandma is even half as wonderful as being a Grandma.....you are in for a real treat!!

I'm back! the troops are fed and all off to school and work. I've got one card just about completed so I'm off to do at least one to get posted before long! So many cards I would like to have.....gotta work fast.....get something to trade......:wacko:

Suze
05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
good morning wonderful poetry type artists!! loving the cards..........fell asleep on couch at about 11:30pm, rats!!,,,,,,,,,,,slowly heading towards art table.:)
I think actually seeing in print that I'm gonna be a great grandma made it real.
(although I was only 12 when I had my first child. heehee
some really intriqueing and good art here....gotta get busy so I can trade:D
mon congrats my sweet Joss...whens the due date?

HHC
05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
What a fabulous found poetry! I need to get busy...

AtlantaShoegirl
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
:spinny:

So here's my first shot at found poetry. I'm loving the cards I'm seeing. I have today off, so I'll see what else I can come up with today. :):):)

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Atlanta welcome to A-thons and Found Poetry, I warn you now, they are both highly addictive!!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Came looking for inspiration and I sure found some! Off to play!

minnkel
05-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Got my first card done and then had to take a break to paint some new backgrounds for tomorrow!! But here is my first one

Make the Time - TRADED Thanks!

AtlantaShoegirl
05-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Atlanta welcome to A-thons and Found Poetry, I warn you now, they are both highly addictive!!

Thanks Robby,

I appreciate it. I like poetry. These A-thons seem like they are fun. I was sorry I couldn't participate a few weeks ago in the postage stamp athon.

:):)

Great card Minnkel!!

Rachel
"Shoe"

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Here are my next two

1) Primal
2) My Lover

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Moonlit_Dancing.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=229943)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_My_Lover.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=229944)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I love found poetry, but, despite warnings, I'm spending too much time reading. (I even bought what I thought were boring books.) I've got a few cards done and will post scans in a minute.

KESagers
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
What a great start to the marathon! I need to do a few things today and then I have the rest of the weekend to PLAY! Rock on!

Suze
05-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh, I love doing this. wish I weren't so slow:geek: Some wonderful cards here!
heres two I managed to get done.
1.Listen
2.Don't Go There

Suze
05-27-2011, 02:17 PM
whoops, heres the other one.

Evalila
05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Wonderful cards, ladies! (or are there any gents on board:err:???)

Here are my last cards for today (I think):

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT007.jpg # - Frei Translation: Free like the sun and the wind, they uncover themselves, beautiful and wild. TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_FPAT008.jpg # 8 - Das Herz ist verletzt Translation: Bad luck, doubts about the future, pain, false hope, the heart is hurt. on hold

Joss
05-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I have 5 to show, but have to go and do something quickly first, will be back in about an hour (no, it's not hot sex!) LOL

minnkel
05-27-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL, Joss....you crack me up!

There are three more I got done before lunch. Back now to see what else the muse brings about......

What To Do!
Backyard Conversations
A Walk Downtown

minnkel
05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=RobbyGirl;1001394]Here are my next two

1) Primal
2) My Lover

WooHoo!! RobbyGirl - you are in a frisky mood today! Way cool cards!

So many great beauties to see when I got back from lunch! Rock On you guys!

Joss
05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Am back (that was a 'quickie') LOL.
So nice to see you here Minnkel, Atlanta, notinkansas and PMC.
The art is fantabulous so far.
Here are my first 5 cards. Yay, now I can start trading....am salivating!!

72809 FPAT #1

72810 FPAT #2

72811 FPAT #3 traded

72812 FPAT #4

72813 FPAT #5

calluna
05-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I have 5 to show, but have to go and do something quickly first, will be back in about an hour (no, it's not hot sex!) LOL

Suuuure it's not. ;) ;)

Ack, the FPAT begins and I don't even have my supplies set up yet! I love the cards created so far!

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Begging you all to put your cards in the gallery or a little larger here. I'm on the road this afternoon and I can't read the poetry on thumbnails on my iPhone and I really want to read them :)

minnkel
05-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder, RobbyGirl! I had totally forgotten about that part!

Wil Opio Oguta
05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
This is the first time that I make FP so I cannot say how good they are :-), but here are the pictures:
- Glacier
- Volcanic dust traded
- Creatures of the night traded

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=RobbyGirl;1001394]Here are my next two

1) Primal
2) My Lover

WooHoo!! RobbyGirl - you are in a frisky mood today! Way cool cards!

So many great beauties to see when I got back from lunch! Rock On you guys!

Yaya I'm a bit on the feisty side today...LOL. My inner poet has a dirty mind!

minnkel
05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh don't worry RobbyGirl....there are some days I don't let my inner ANYTHNG out to play....to dangerous!!! :wacko:

This is only my second time for FP so I'm learning how not to read! Difficult I have to admit but I'm getting there. I understand that some start with the words and others start with the images. So far I'm tending to start with the words as those are the more difficult for me. I'm just curious as to how you guys do it......

In the meantime....here are my next three.

The Explorer
String of Pearls
Bottle of Wine

Wil Opio Oguta
05-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Here are 2 more cards. I like this, but oh boy, it is time consuming
- Neanderthals traded
- Bee-eater

AtlantaShoegirl
05-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh don't worry RobbyGirl....there are some days I don't let my inner ANYTHNG out to play....to dangerous!!! :wacko:

This is only my second time for FP so I'm learning how not to read! Difficult I have to admit but I'm getting there. I understand that some start with the words and others start with the images. So far I'm tending to start with the words as those are the more difficult for me. I'm just curious as to how you guys do it......

In the meantime....here are my next three.

The Explorer
String of Pearls
Bottle of Wine

Awesome cards Minnkel.

lkastello
05-27-2011, 06:21 PM
GREAT CARDS, all!!!

Have several started...will post tomorrow! ;)

Hazartist1
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I have never done this, and decided to try. In looking at what has appeared so far, I may be way out of my league! Lovely cards and poetry!

minnkel
05-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Awesome cards Minnkel.

Thanks, Atlanta!!!

minnkel
05-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I have never done this, and decided to try. In looking at what has appeared so far, I may be way out of my league! Lovely cards and poetry!

There are several of us who are newbies at this one Hazartist1. We're a friendly bunch so just jump on in and give it a try!!! It does get a bit easier after the first 2 or so......promise!

And now for what might be my last two for the day. Gotta prepare dinner soon.....These daily chores DO get in the way at times!!! I'd rather keep making cards.....HEY!!! A new diet!!!! The A-Thon Diet!!! hmmmmm wonder if it would really work?????? Of course, having chocolate always available in the studio might be a hinderance.....

Chosen Solitude - TRADED Thanks!
Let's Dance

minnkel
05-27-2011, 06:52 PM
GREAT CARDS, all!!!

Have several started...will post tomorrow! ;)

hmmmm LKastello..........might there be COFFEE involved???? :nah:

AtlantaShoegirl
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
I finished two more.

I just about panicked when I tore a word. Wasn't sure if the same word was on the page. And I've made a rule for myself. All the words must come from the same page. :wideeyed: Yes, Geek here. They are uploaded to the gallery.

It is a bit of a pain to handle and edge these little words. I am wishing for Barbie hands. :)

Gotta go select another page from somewhere....

"Shoe"

Suze
05-27-2011, 07:30 PM
hey Georgia Peach, my hands are like baseball gloves , and I'm using tweezers.
love you all the gorgeous work, ya'll must have dainty little ,teensy hands.:notworthy:

andyaly
05-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Some great cards happening here.....I hope I have time to do some!

HHC
05-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I've got some poems, and I've got some backgrounds... but they don't go with each other. LOL! Sometime this weekend, I'll have one finished. I will! :yes:

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Cool Cards Diome, I don't think they are too racy for here or the regular gallery.

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Wonderful cards everyone! I just got back from seeing the new Pirates of the Carribean Movie and I'm ready to make some more!

KESagers
05-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Had a wonderful day today. Met Christina Breid and Jo-On-The-Go for shopping, food and trading. We were wishing you all could have been there to join us. If I don't crash I'm going to try to get some cards made tonight - otherwise I'll jump in tomorrow. Enjoying everything that has been posted today. :)

Suze
05-27-2011, 09:41 PM
lovin' this. made two more. might not be able to participate until Mon.(is it going on Mon. too?) Stuff's come up. :arghh::)
#3 She knew she was a Fairy
#4 I Need Privacy

theweavershand
05-27-2011, 09:53 PM
thats awesome, Kristin! i hope you got pictures!

im hoping i can do something this weekend. ive missed the last 2 a-thons! too busy the next few days though. ugh!!

KESagers
05-27-2011, 10:30 PM
LOL - I guess we were all camera shy today. Actually I was completely melted - felt like the dog days of summer already. Next time we'll be sure to take pics. ;)

jensaz
05-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Yay, I get ta play...

Here are my first 3

PM me if ya wanna trade

72851 FPAT #1 TRADED

72852 FPAT#2

72853 FPAT #3 - TRADED

RedHeartStudio
05-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Here is one from me....I am going to try to do more!!!!

RobbyGirl
05-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Here our my next two and then I'm calling it a night. See you all in the morning, PM me if you want to trade :)

1) But I Like That Traded
2) Whale Songs Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATCFPAT_Like_Him.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230106)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Whale_Sounds.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230105)

dsign49
05-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Oh what great art. I hope I get time to make some cards and have time to trade. I have the next 4 days off, but my daughter is home until tomorrow and she need her hair colored. Maybe tomorrow night. Sunday I want to go to the Vet. Cemetary up by Mandan, where my Mom is buried. Monday I need to mow lawn. So now you see why I am stressed out. Just upset because I see so much art that I would love to trade for and just don't get the time. I will be looking and hoping to get to participate a little. You all have fun.

jaw
05-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Here are two that I like. I have a bunch that I don't. LOL.
http://http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_fpat_001.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/2_fpat_002.jpg

jaw
05-28-2011, 01:52 AM
website is not cooperating ... you'll have to check my gallery for card #1 ... sorry. I have no patience for yet another messed up computer today. Silly me for picking the wrong time of night to post! You'd think I'd learn.

Mouseit
05-28-2011, 03:26 AM

Hazartist: Nope Not out of your league just give it a go you might surprise yourself!

I am sooooo watching the creative folks at work, always interesting to see what they are up to and if you see something you like, ask them how they did it.. they will be nice enough to tell you...Nicely I hope...LOL

Mouseit
05-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Here are two that I like. I have a bunch that I don't. LOL.
http://http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_fpat_001.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/2_fpat_002.jpg

WOW Jaw, ya almost make me want to race over to my creative desk and trade for this one..LOL I said ALMOST.... heehee.. Nope resting, watching the creative geniuses at work!

sniisk
05-28-2011, 04:22 AM
So many wonderful cards again :). I've made three cards and hope to have a bit time to take the pics etc. soon.

citykitten
05-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Wow so much fantastic art! I have had a day out and went to a huge scrapbooking store and stocked up on some yummy Tim Holtz products and bits and pieces - spent way too much money of course.

I managed to make a couple but feeling the cold creeping in so I am having a night in front of the fire with Dr.Who on the tele.

a) Mystical Secrets
b) Thrilled
c) Brightness

sniisk
05-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Here are my first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_8.jpg FPAT #1 ON HOLD for a special duck
"There is nothing that I wouldn't tell to you, it's not late yet, you sure know it"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_12_.jpg FPAT #2
"Heart is broken, I'm sorry, Thomas looks away"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_11_.jpg FPAT #3
"We have known each ithers exactly one month, the storm has come and gone""

I don't know if I can make many more but I have at least something to show :).

Gina-B
05-28-2011, 05:52 AM
OOh such lovely cards everyone!

I finished two last night after what turned out to be a looong day (will post later if I still like them when I look again) - but, at least found the poetry for quite a few more so hopefully my muse will help me make the cards!

For everyone having trouble not reading, someone told me at the last FPAT to just tear out random pages first, then you are less likely to read...

Gina-B
05-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Here's my first 3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-recognition.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-fantastical.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-ancient.jpg
Recognition[Traded] -Fantastical myths[traded] - Ancient Episodes[traded]

(Now to do a little bit of housework.... oh, lucky me!)

Joss
05-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Morning from London. What mind blowing stuff has been posted while I was fast asleep. I must go and get started! Hope to trade with you all this thon!

Mouseit
05-28-2011, 08:31 AM
LOL Well although its fairly early here in Australia its time for bed.. keep creating you lot I am very very impressed! Have a busy day tomorrow at a training day...

When I have time I might even have a go myself... and NO I don't mean this weekend...LOL

Have fun!

minnkel
05-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Well....good morning!!.....and goodbye!! Contrary to yesterday's forecast....today turned out to be a beautiful day!! So, change of plans. Wil wants to go cruising down the Mississippi River bluffs to take some photos and then to the National Eagle Center in Wabasha so we are taking a day trip today. I've done two more cards and will miss playing for the rest of the day. But I'll check back this afternoon to see what wonderful art you guys have been up to while I was gone.......

Now is when I wish I had an iPhone/Pad/Pod......an "i" something so I could at least SEE what's going on. You guys have fun!!!!

Last Kiss
I Don't Cry - Traded Thanks

HotMamaRama
05-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh My Word!!! There are like a dozen cards I want from this thread!!! You folks are making some amazing Found Poetry this weekend!!! I had better get cracking so I have something to trade with!!!!

lkastello
05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree with Trina!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Joss
05-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey Minnkel and Wil have a blast, see ya later, post some photos of you gals please.
Here are my new ones I worked on all morning:

72885 FPAT #6

72886 FPAT #7

72887 FPAT #8

72888 FPAT #9

72889 FPAT #10

lkastello
05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
GREAT CARDS, JOSS!

HHC
05-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Cool cards, everyone!

Gina-B
05-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow, such great cards!

I really do enjoy reading what everyone comes up with!

three more, and then a little break. My muse wants food I think!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-swarms.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-pang.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-guessed.jpg
Swarms buzzing [traded]- Great delight - He guessed

HotMamaRama
05-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I know it's a chunky page instead of an ATC, but it is found poetry. :)
I'm working on some ATCS now!! But thought I would share anyway.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4872/large/1_017.jpg

sniisk
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM
OK, I hope I've done everything at home now and have time to create something again...

AtlantaShoegirl
05-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Sitting in the salon, wishing I was at my art table finding poetry instead! Hope I'm back in the swing of things later today. Great art is being created here.

KESagers
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh cool chunky HotMamma!

Here are my first two. Using Nat Geo again - seems to be my "go to" for found poetry.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Urban-Supersprawl.jpg
Urban Supersprawl

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Pagoda-Forest.jpg
Pagoda Forest - traded

KESagers
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Are those too large? I know we want large to read the tiny print but I wasn't sure if they are too large.

sniisk
05-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Kristin, I think the size is good. Not too large. And I have a small screen in my laptop :).

lkastello
05-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd rather they were that size than the smallish ones.

KESagers
05-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok - thanks - now I know. :)

Blanche
05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I am truly amazed at all the fine artistry and poetry posted here! Did I say AMAZING? Ya'll are blowing me away!

This is my second ever A-Thon and my first Found Poetry, so please forgive my newbie-ness to this genre! It has taken me hours to create these after my first attemps with the words sounded more like bad advertisements than poetry!

2. Island Dreams - TRADED
3. Spring Fever
1. A Pirate's Life

These are in my Gallery as well.

KESagers
05-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Blanche - your FPATs are really wonderful. I can't believe you are new to this. So glad you are having fun. :)

Here are 2 more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Loch-Tulla.jpg
Loch Tulla- traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Apple-Orchard.jpg
Apple Orchard

KESagers
05-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Diome - those backgrounds are amazing!

and 2 more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Slipper-Orchid.jpg
Slipper Orchid

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Sawdust-and-Spangles.jpg
Sawdust and Spangles - traded

CynthiaSillitoe
05-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry, I don't remember how to make these larger, but they'll be in my gallery, too.

CynthiaSillitoe
05-28-2011, 04:20 PM
And these:

notinkansas
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_at_last___FPAT.jpg at last! traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_not_easy__FPAT.jpg not easy tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_waif__FPAT.jpg waif traded
managed to do three more...love all the eye candy being posted!

Jean
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
I am really enjoying the cards posted - super cards, all!

I haven't done the cards yet but have been shredding up a page of Kipling. Those old authors used such florid prose, lol - perfect for found poetry!!! So far I have the bones for two cards. Later, when I'm at my table, I'll make the cards and post when done.

RobbyGirl
05-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Wow I've had a busy morning, tennis and a lunch date at a French Bakery with my hubby...Yum! But I have finished new cards. You all have been making some delicious poetry, can't wait to trade! I'm going to go upload to the gallery now.

RobbyGirl
05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Here are my next four:

1) A Deep Hole Traded
2) My Fault
3) I Pretend Traded
4) Tumor Twins

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_ATC_FPAT_Deep_Hole.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230243)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_ATC_FPAT_My_Fault.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230244)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_ATC_FPAT_I_Pretend.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230246)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_ATC_FPAT_Tumor_Twins.jpg[/URL]

Wil Opio Oguta
05-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Kelly and I just returned from a wonderful day out. So no new atc's, but I have a picture here of a card I made yesterday evening (March snow):

AtlantaShoegirl
05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Got back, started on three more cards. One I think I ruined. Lesson learned: Don't spritz spray small text with blue ink. :no: It's hard to call a card found poetry if you can't read it. LOL. I have one more finished. I'm impressed with you guys who have already completed bunches. Wow. Amazing ART.

Here it is, I'm about to upload to my gallery.

Cheers,
Shoegirl

minnkel
05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm B A C K!!! Well...I've been back for a bit but I've been taking care of some trades and scanning back through all the beautiful artwork you guys have done while I was away! Didn't want to miss out on anything!!!

While we were driving around I had a couple of books, my scissors, notepad and snack zip-locks and found the poetry for several new cards....now....to find the images to bring them to life!

I'll check back in when a couple of them are done.

Hazartist1
05-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, I have 3 found poetry cards in my gallery...I'm having trouble posting them. Maybe I'll get them posted soon. They are the first found poetry cards I have ever done.

minnkel
05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Only two new ones. But my sweetie is working late tonight so I'll probably be back in the studio later to finish up some more.

You Changed My Life
Woman of Loose Morals

citykitten
05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Morning all!

Something very strange is happening when I view the gallery. The cards that Minnkel just posted are showing up as Wil's. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
Very confusing, at first I thought it was just me but I triple checked and it still says Wil.

Anyways I love all the art you have been making and I am going to try to get a few more done today as well as catching up on all my swaps.

HotMamaRama
05-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Well I've come to the conclusion that I really suck at Found Poetry! BUT, alas, I am NOT throwing in the towel just yet. There are jsut too many fabulous cards popping up here that I want to trade for!!! I've got a card or two made, just need to get the gumption to post them. Will do so in a bit. Just a little more tweaking and they'll be ready. ;)

KESagers
05-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Citykitten - I'm not sure what is happening - someone else might know. When web sites start flaking on my computer I usually completely shut down and start all over - that seems to solve most problems for me.

Hazartist1 - Your cards are wonderful! Keep up the good work. :)

Minnkel - Love the vintage flair of You Changed My Life!

HotMama - It's all for fun - don't give up - you are doing great!

I fell asleep in my chair watching a bit of TV so I guess I'm done for the day. Have a good night everyone and I'll see you tomorrow.:sleep:

RobbyGirl
05-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Well ladies, I just spent the late afternoon in the emergency with my 11 yr old son. He sprained his ankle badly on the trampoline, we thought it was broken (Since he broke it once before right thru the growth plate) anyway I'm out of commission till tomorrow.

Theresagram
05-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Ack! Sorry to hear about your son. Hope his ankle is better fast!

mrubyjean
05-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh dear Robby...hope your son feels better soon and his ankle heals quickly!

RobbyGirl
05-28-2011, 10:39 PM
When he screamed I ran right through my screen door to get to him...I think I need a drink....oh those moments of motherhood!

minnkel
05-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Morning all!

Something very strange is happening when I view the gallery. The cards that Minnkel just posted are showing up as Wil's. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
Very confusing, at first I thought it was just me but I triple checked and it still says Wil.

Anyways I love all the art you have been making and I am going to try to get a few more done today as well as catching up on all my swaps.

No Problem...I can solve this question very quickly. Wil and I are sharing a computer while she is here. That means every time the other person gets on AFA we have to log out the other person and log in as ourselves. I was so anxious to get the cards posted I forgot to change the person using the computer! Wil now has to delete those from her gallery...I can't do that. Sorry for the confusion. Believe me....it is nothing compared to what it is like over here! LOL!!

Kelly

minnkel
05-28-2011, 10:59 PM
RobbyGirl! That is so scary. Hope it is all fixable with a minimum of pain!! Ah yes...the joys of motherhood.....

minnkel
05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh no question we are having a blast! It is so incredible to have someone around to "art" with days on end! Someone you don't have to explain to when you want to gather up free magazines just to see what pictures might be there! LOL! In fact...we just always get 2 of anything we find so we can share with each other!!

Bad thing is.....she is asleep so can't change her gallery until tomorrow....bummer...

HotMamaRama
05-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Dear Max-A-Million,

Please stay indoors, sit very still, think happy thoughts, and have daddy pour mommy a stiff drink! Please note, you are going to give mommy grey hairs if you continue with these death defying antics of yours, so you better stop. I am young and these injuries are going to come back and haunt us when we are old.

Sincerely,
Your skeletal system

(((HUGS To you dearest Robin)))

dsign49
05-28-2011, 11:53 PM
My Frist FPAT Cards
72962#1 TRADED 72963#2 TRADED 72964#3 TRADED

jaw
05-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Here are a couple I've finished this evening
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/2_fpat_001.jpg#3http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/3_fpat_002.jpg#4

calluna
05-29-2011, 12:42 AM
My eyes jumped right to the memorable term on the 2nd-to-last line on the 2nd card, jaw. :laugh:
My mind is too cloudy for creating poetry with tiny cut-out words so far this weekend. :eek: When I do create FP cards, they aren't really poetry; I just try to construct new sentences. But even that's too detailed for me, for now.

jaw
05-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Here are a couple more ... had a wonderful steak dinner and am now going to go snuggle my Handsome Husband! I'll check in tomorrow :O)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_fpat_003.jpg#5http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_fpat_004.jpg#6

citykitten
05-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks Minkel I thought I was loosing the plot completely - how fun to have someone to art with!

Robin hope your daredevil boy isn't feeling too much pain and that his ankle heals well.

Here are a couple I managed to do today

a) A place to grow TRADED
b) First Kiss
c) Immoral
d) Woman

minnkel
05-29-2011, 02:20 AM
And my last three for the night. Then off to dream land!! Can hardly wait to get up tomorrow and see what all is new here!! Nite nite!!

Too Expensive
Will You Marry Me?
She Had a Gun

minnkel
05-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks Minkel I thought I was loosing the plot completely - how fun to have someone to art with!

Robin hope your daredevil boy isn't feeling too much pain and that his ankle heals well.

Here are a couple I managed to do today

a) A place to grow
b) First Kiss
c) Immoral
d) Woman

Sorry to scare you like that!! Hey, love your cards!! Wish I could stay awake to see more!!

Kelly

Mouseit
05-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Now is when I wish I had an iPhone/Pad/Pod......an "i" something so I could at least SEE what's going on. You guys have fun!!!!

HEY MINKSIE... you have an IFRIEND... heehee what more could you want....*laughs*:biglaugh:

Evalila
05-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Oh, so many wonderful cards that have been posted! You guys ROCK!!!

My collage and found poetry muse took a day off yesterday. Instead Iīve been in the mood to draw and made some cards for swaps. I hope I can get my FP muse to work again today....

sniisk
05-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Evelyn, it's better to have a "muse day off" than too much house work and other work to do! I thought I had a free Saturday but I needed to clean and do loundry, cook and repair some things etc. I didn't have enough time to do anything. That's the problem when I need to work too much on weekdays and can't then do anything else than work and sleep.

But I hope to get the two new cards finished today...

Evalila
05-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh Sanna, thatīs too bad! Hope you can play today!! :D

And I hope I can, too. My father-in-law is back home from the hospital after he had the stroke and is now waiting to leave for the rehab clinic on Wednesday. He is limited in his motions and speech. Since my mother-in-law has multiple sclerosis, she isnīt able to help him as much as she wanted to, so hubby and I have to help here and there. Pffft ... thank god they live in our house, so we donīt have to spend time to get to them to help!

citykitten
05-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry to hear about you FIL Evalila.

I have the last two for the day (I use the dining table as an art space so I have to pack up and be of it before dinner).

a) Dream TRADED
b) Foreign Language

sniisk
05-29-2011, 05:05 AM
But Evelyn, your story sounds much worse! I'm still OK and it's just work but a father-in-law is much more special :).

sniisk
05-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Two new cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_16.jpg FPAT #4
"Everyone has things, private things, shamed things, that they keep as their own secrets"

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_15.jpg FPAT #5
"Do you also sometimes feel that?, you cry, once started she can maybe never stop"

Joss
05-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Hey Robby, sorry about Max, and his ankle, how painful. Lotsa big kisses from Grandie Joss here in London. (We are still waiting for our new grandson, another false alarm yesterday....)
What a treat, to be able to do the thon with a friend, so lucky Wil and Kelly, am jealous. Let me see if I can get my mind off babies and on to fp cards again.

sniisk
05-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Joss, you should have one a-thon here with me some day :). I think the flight tickets between London and Helsinki aren't too expensive.

Hazartist1
05-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Morning all!

Well, I posted stuff to my gallery yesterday and stuff was all mixed up! Scary!

Hazartist1
05-29-2011, 07:50 AM
The three I posted to my gallery yesterday are promised already. These were my first found poetry cards! This is fun! And addictive. I have to get busy.

AtlantaShoegirl
05-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I've made #6. :) Speed demon I am not...

The words for the poem on this card are from an 1827 book of a Literary Gazette. I found it a couple of weeks ago in an antique store. It is literally falling apart in my hands. Oh how I love old paper.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. I can't wait to see more FPAT art!!

Shoegirl

Gina-B
05-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Such wonderful cards everyone!

Robby, hope your son feels better soon and Evalila same goes for your FIL.

I think these will be my last, as I really do have to do some other stuff... ;-)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-harsh.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-haveto.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-dreamed.jpg
Harsh - I sneak - I dreamed

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-sleep.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4117/small/1_fp-angels.jpg
Sleep - Angels Gasped

jo.on.the.go
05-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Here are my first offerings

notinkansas
05-29-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_the_hurt.jpg the hurt traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_freedom.jpg"freedom" in honor of memorial day traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/medium/1_classy_dame.jpg classy dame traded

RobbyGirl
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Wonderful cards over night my friends, ove been enjoying everyones poetry and art so much!!

KESagers
05-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Morning everyone!

Evalila - I hope your father-in-law recovers well from his stroke. You are such a blessing to be able to help when they need you.

RobbyGirl - prayers and good thoughts going your way for you and your son. I hope he is not in pain and I hope his recovery is so fast it defies logic. Strength and grace for you to get through this.

KESagers
05-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I just discovered this - it was new to me and I have to share. Not exactly "found poetry" more like random poetry but in my mind they are close enough to be considered FPAT sheep! I think they have become my mascots for the rest of the weekend.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/200806412187972

In fact I'm going to use that article to create some cards. I had cut out a bunch of sheep and had no idea what I was going to do with them. :)

notinkansas
05-29-2011, 11:28 AM
How cool...wonder what the birds overhead are thinking?

AtlantaShoegirl
05-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I just discovered this - it was new to me and I have to share. Not exactly "found poetry" more like random poetry but in my mind they are close enough to be considered FPAT sheep! I think they have become my mascots for the rest of the weekend.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/200806412187972

In fact I'm going to use that article to create some cards. I had cut out a bunch of sheep and had no idea what I was going to do with them. :)

Very cool. :)

Hazartist1
05-29-2011, 11:42 AM
KESagers, I liked that article!!!

jaw
05-29-2011, 11:59 AM
gotta go to work in a bit ... my cards are still available ... just sayin' :cute:
I'll check back in tonight. Have fun creatin'!

AtlantaShoegirl
05-29-2011, 12:02 PM
O.K. 3 more I'm about to load to the gallery.

73002 It is Fun
73003 The Moon Rode Calmly

I started getting a bit patriotic with one.

73004 We Will Ask

Gonna take a poetry/Barbie hands break now. :)

Evalila
05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Aaaaaaargh, this day was like :arghh:!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted to play this afternoon, but then my youngest sister called to tell me sheīs in hospital because of problems with her gallbladder and an infection of her pancreas. So I told her Iīd help my brother-in-law with my two nephews if needed.

And while I was talking to her, my sister-in-law came to visit unexpectedly to tell us she broke with her boyfriend of almost 10 years. And asked if she problably could move in with us for a little while because her ex told her to find a new home and move within the next four weeks (they live in his house). Of course I said yes. She was devastated and we had to build her up a little. And now Iīm totally worn out. :wacko::goofy:

Sorry for telling this all to you - but my therapist is unavailable today **LOL**

Tomorrow morning I have to go to see my doctor, but hope to play at least a little in the afternoon...... Weīll see....

Wil Opio Oguta
05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Don't know how creative I am going to be today, but here is my first card called Wine:

Joss
05-29-2011, 12:14 PM
What a terrible day Evelyn, it seems to be 'raining' in your life right now, am thinking of you lots.
Robby hope Max is much more comfortable now and the swelling is going down.
Here are my five new ones-now I can hunt and trade.

73012 FPAT #11

73013 FPAT #12

73014 FPAT #13

73015 FPAT #14

73016 FPAT #15

Theresagram
05-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Aw Evelyn, so sorry to hear all that is going on. Don't apologize for talking to us! That's one of the things we're here for!! We're way cheaper than a therapist! LOL

Hope things settle down for you soon. Hugs!

Theresagram
05-29-2011, 12:19 PM
So many great cards!! I need to get busy.

I have to go to work for a couple of hours and then to my son's house for a bbq, then home to play!!

RobbyGirl
05-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh Evelyn I'm so sorry that things are hard right now. It seems you are the nurturer of the family with your beautiful heart, always there for everyone. It will come back to you in good ways because you deserve it. We are always here to listen art and listening therapy, it's a package deal :wubclub:

jensaz
05-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Evelyn, it's better to have a "muse day off" than too much house work and other work to do! I thought I had a free Saturday but I needed to clean and do loundry, cook and repair some things etc. I didn't have enough time to do anything. That's the problem when I need to work too much on weekdays and can't then do anything else than work and sleep.

But I hope to get the two new cards finished today...

I feel for and with you Sanna, I work 6 days a week and try to "art" in between that and taking care of our new house and my hubs +9 pets... Hoping to do some yesterday, but maybe tonight when I get home.

sniisk
05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I think my weekend is done now. I managed to create 5 FPAT cards, 4 wedding cards and 9 lottery cards from my lottery. Not bad at all compared to that time I had in use.

I hope you all are having better day and evening than this thread tells!

CynthiaSillitoe
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
So many wonderful cards! I have to go make some more so I have enough to trade. :)

KESagers
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Joss is right Evalila - when it rains it pours. Hang in there!

minnkel
05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
All I did was go buy groceries and I come back and your world has spun out of control Evalila!! Oh my goodness! I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel.
Hang in there and do keep us posted. I think most of us would be glad to be a support for you! Bless your heart.......

KESagers
05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I had no idea that foxes could be domesticated by genetic selection.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Friendly-Foxes.jpg
Friendly Foxes

minnkel
05-29-2011, 01:07 PM
OK...I think the system had a HUGE hiccup this morning....and this time it was NOT my fault!!! :no: LOL!!

I got one PM from someone 9 times...the same message!! OK, I know SOMETIMES I can miss something here or there.....but seriously!! :wideeyed: LOL!!!! Tooooo funny!!

Just got caught up on recording trades (trying SOOOO hard to keep good track of everything!) and now I'm gonna go back through to see all the new goodies! Hopefully I haven't missed out on something I can't live without......

Hazartist1
05-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Gawd! I hope it wasn't me, Minnkel! I've had some weird computer happenings yesterday and today. No. I will not admit it might be operator error.

HHC
05-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Wow, you are all creating some fabulous cards!

I can't seem to get my found poetry muse working... well, she's working, it's the getting it to work with art muse who's taken the weekend off. :)

Evalila
05-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Aww, thank you all so much for your kind words and your support, it really means a lot! Youīre wonderful!!! :wubclub::wubclub::wubclub:

I think Iīll have a glass of wine this evening and go to bed early.

KESagers
05-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I hope you can relax tonight Evalila.

3 more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_White-Eye.jpg
White Eye

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Furry-Faces.jpg
Furry Faces

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Ariripe-Manakin.jpg
Ariripe Manakin - traded

RobbyGirl
05-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Okay that was weird it reposted the old one I deleted, let's try this again. I re-did this card because I felt it needed more art so it wouldn't look like just words pasted on an image. I like it better now.

1) He Was

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_ATC_FPAT_My_Lover.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_ATC_FPAT_My_Lover.jpg)

cairnlae
05-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I like it too! Love Brando!

KESagers
05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
and 2 more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Hawk-Moth.jpg
Hawk Moth

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Pancake-Plant.jpg
Pancake Plant

MelanieS
05-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow, great cards everyone! I'm going to try to get a few done too, but have been working on my Fabulous Feline Fairies swap(...was on the waiting list and then a space opened up) & Vintage & French Romance swap.
Never done these, but have done similar things w/ adding misc. words/sentences.

RobbyGirl
05-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Sky and Sea TRADED
Gesso, Papertowel imprinting, Chalk Pencil and Inks

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_FPAT_Sky_an_Sea.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_ATC_FPAT_Sky_an_Sea.jpg)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-29-2011, 03:21 PM
More from me. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
05-29-2011, 03:22 PM
And these:

thepozbabe
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I haven't been able to make many & this is my first attempt at Found poetry. I'll be doing it again though cos it was fun.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_scan0010.jpg#1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/2_scan0008.jpgTRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/1_scan0009.jpgTRADED

KESagers
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
More beautiful cards!

Here are 3 Quantum sheep APCs:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Queen-of-Sheep.jpg
Queen of Sheep

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_King-of-Sheep.jpg
King of Sheep

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Jack-of-Sheep.jpg
Jack of Sheep - traded

thepozbabe
05-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Here's 2 tags & a chunky.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/2_scan0007.jpgTag 1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/2_scan0006.jpg Tag 2 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3303/medium/2_scan0005.jpg Chunky

jo.on.the.go
05-29-2011, 05:09 PM
4 - Embrace (heart)
5 = Young Love
6 - Ancient Omens traded

Mouseit
05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Robby, sorry about Max, and his ankle, how painful. Lotsa big kisses from Grandie Joss here in London. (We are still waiting for our new grandson, another false alarm yesterday....)
What a treat, to be able to do the thon with a friend, so lucky Wil and Kelly, am jealous. Let me see if I can get my mind off babies and on to fp cards again.

Speaking of doing a-thons with a friend, Now Owl-Lady is a member here, and I have talked about how much fun they are, we have decided to work here at my house at least on saturday together so we can share the love....LOL

Just watch what we turn out! LOL

Hazartist1
05-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi, again. I have three new cards in my gallery. Again, I can't post to the thread...don't know what the difficulty is.

KESagers
05-29-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Kung-Fu-Mouse.jpg
Kung Fu Mouse on hold for you know who!

sallyannart
05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello All! I'm a little slow on the uptake this weekend, but I just posted my very first (3) FP cards. Despite Robin's detailed instructions, I'm not sure I can manage to post them on this thread. I'll try, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Enjoying everyone's beautiful and fun creations this weekend!

KESagers
05-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh nice cards Sallyannart!

Wil Opio Oguta
05-29-2011, 07:02 PM
The muse was not into the mood for making cards. I only managed to get one more finished (Entice the senses), but I did manage to design and make a quilt top.

Suze
05-29-2011, 09:10 PM
wonderful cards everyone! who knew "found poetry" was so much fun?!!!!
I'm gonna whine.
I spent a couple days getting all ready for this a thon, I loved the idea. I knew I had a "THE ONCE A YEAR HOUSEKEEPING INSPECTION" on Tues. , but one of my daughters sent me money to hire someone to do it for me.....and the lady flaked out on me at last minute.
AARRGGGHHHHH/ I'll keep it short (for me) and just say, I'm exhausted.
But I've also develped an "attitude"over the week end, my 60's rebel is alive and well.
I just had had it this evening and shouted 'ENOUGH"!!!!!!:mad:
sat down and did one more card.:)
If cottage ain't good enough, then I'm moving to Mexico with my art stuff and computer.

#5 "He Wanted To Kiss Her"

jensaz
05-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Just back from the theatre and made 2 more cards. May do some more yet this evening, but off right now to spend more time w/hubby, something I don't get a lot of time doing.

:wubclub:

73086 FPAT #4 - Florence - TRADED - TY Robbygirl
73087 FPAT #5 - money - TRADED - TY Maggiebloom

KESagers
05-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Rock on Paintmanycolors! Power to the people! (I can so relate to what you said but I'm afraid I would never pass any house inspection - ever. I'm glad you took some time for yourself today.)

Your FPATs are so pretty Jensaz!

jaw
05-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Home from work, beer in hand, got my NetFlix playing "Pushing Daisies" ... I am ready to play ... if I can just find that other book .... has better wording ... maybe an old Oprah magazine ... hmmm .... IT'S OKAY TO RIP THAT BOOK ASUNDER!!!! (have to keep telling myself that! LOL)

jensaz
05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Home from work, beer in hand, got my NetFlix playing "Pushing Daisies" ... I am ready to play ... if I can just find that other book .... has better wording ... maybe an old Oprah magazine ... hmmm .... IT'S OKAY TO RIP THAT BOOK ASUNDER!!!! (have to keep telling myself that! LOL)

RIP AWAY!!!!!! It's only paper :jiggy:

HotMamaRama
05-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Okay here is my one sad little ATC that I managed so far this weekend. :no: Pathetic I know. I had fully intended to work on oodles of Found poetry cards today, but I got distracted with some pastel work instead. Then I took a detour over to Micheals and scored a great deal on watercolor pencils!!! Normally $1.79 each, I got them for 0.49 cents each!!!! :cool: So obviously I've been playing with my new "toys" instead of playing with found poetry. I'll try better tomorrow!

seekingforart
05-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm enjoying everyone's art! You guys are doing wonderful! :)

minnkel
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Wow! So much is going on!

Great job, HotMama! See....it's not too hard. Believe me the first one (or two) are the hardest. After that you seem to get on a roll! I'll look forward to seeing what you create tomorrow! Way to hang in there!

PMC!! YOU GO GIRL! Stress is bad enough but unexpected last minute "thought I had that one covered" stress I think is one of the worst! All calm and cozy and then the earth falls out from under you. Glad you are fightin' back!

Ahhh Jaw....I can hear that paper R I P P I N G all the way over here!

So much beatiful art....so little time......

HHC
05-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Here are two I've created. They are traded.

73094 73095

KESagers
05-29-2011, 10:55 PM
It was another wonderful day creating art with all of you! I need to hit the hay - see you tomorrow.

HHC
05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Goodnight, Kristin!

theweavershand
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
hoping to play tomorrow but itll depend on when my company leaves. hope there are still a few things left to trade by the time i get something made.

andyaly
05-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I have one whole card done so far, so here it is:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_The_Music.jpg
I just realized I have tomorrow to work on these, too? It's not a long weekend here, so I had forgotten about that! Maybe I can get a couple done tomorrow night after work.....

jaw
05-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Completed a couple ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/3_fpat_001.jpg#7
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/4_fpat_002.jpg#8

RobbyGirl
05-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I have one whole card done so far, so here it is:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5639/small/1_The_Music.jpg
I just realized I have tomorrow to work on these, too? It's not a long weekend here, so I had forgotten about that! Maybe I can get a couple done tomorrow night after work.....

Pretty Poem and card Andyaly! Yes we have tomorrow too...YAY!

Mouseit
05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Kung-Fu-Mouse.jpg
Kung Fu Mouse on hold for you know who!

OHHHHH You know I want it.....LOL You really shouldn't have but you had to go tempt me didn't you.....*laughs*

RobbyGirl
05-30-2011, 08:42 AM
These 3 were a little Racy so I put them in the adult Gallery. I used words from some vintage ads that I didn't want to descrate so I typed them in the computer and printed them out (just thought you should know in case you are an FP purist...LOL.) Anyway they are all available for trade.

1) New Yoga Position (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230508)
2) Sid and Sally (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230507)
3) Ping Pong (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=230506) Traded

minnkel
05-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, (fill in your name here)! Ahhh the joys of real-time international communications!!

If only I didn't require sleep.....everytime I go to bed I feel like I'm going to miss something at an A-Thon!!! You guys are doing AWESOME stuff ya know! Gotta hit JoAnns for their Sale today but plan to be back late morning or early afternoon. (Depends on how fast I can get Wil out of there! LOL!!) So, I'll check back in then to see what other goodies you guys have come up with!

Mouseit! LOVE your new card........sending you a thought in PM

Kelly

lkastello
05-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Here are my first FPATS of the weekend...finally...

#3 and #4 and #5 are traded but #1 and #2 are available

lkastello
05-30-2011, 10:06 AM
# 6 traded and #7 traded

Gina-B
05-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh I love it that you are all waking up now! Great FP's - what a laugh RobbieGirl!!

RobbyGirl
05-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh I love it that you are all waking up now! Great FP's - what a laugh RobbieGirl!!

Thanks Gina, the images were all from around the 1950's where obviously a little spanky was all the rage...LOL

Lilthamel
05-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Alright I've a totaly newb to this (not fp but the weekend FPAT thing) ... but heres what i've done so far.
1- At Rest
2 - The House
3 - Asleep

Suze
05-30-2011, 10:40 AM
{{**:spinny:**}}>>>>my "Happy A Thon Dance",danced to the tune of "Don't Worry, Be Happy":) :nah:
:) oh yeah, my daughters stepped up and are cleaning cottage. I think the threat of putting on my old hippie clothes and driving to Mexico and living there, did the trick.
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
fabulous cards, wish I were quicker on the uptake.....but truly, i really love this art form.