PDA

View Full Version : It's In The Mail - Interesting Mail Boxes PHOTO ANGEL SWAP - due date August 15th

minnkel
06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Cards due by: August 15, 2011
Withdrawals: Anytime up to due date but please communicate
Number of cards: 3/3 only
Medium: Original Photography
Number of players: 30
Int'l players: I will pay for the first 3 Int'l spots. After those are filled you can
still participate if you have 98cents US stamps or a US concealed dollar. You can pay via PayPal but the cost for that is US$1.34 to cover PayPal fees for International transactions.

All of us at AFA are VERY well acquainted with out mailboxes! Some of us have even camped out beside them anxiously awaiting swap returns....(or is that just me?) So how about a photo swap of interesting/different/weird/odd/creative mail boxes? Are you game to play? All you do is find interesting mailboxes. What makes them interesting? Well, I dare say if they catch your eye and you slam on the brakes to see them....they are appropriate for this swap. They can be roadside or on a house (just don't get arrested for trespassing!!:twitcy:) Or they can be boxes where you drop off your mail (like those way cool red pillars in the UK). So on your next drive or walk to anywhere....check out the mailboxes and capture the interesting ones on your camera!

AND extra bonus! This is an Angel Swap - Angel is just a term we use for artistic images that are free to use in our artistic endeavors. I will scan all of the pictures of interesting mail boxes that come in for the swap and provide a digital collage sheet for all swap members for their future artistic use in mixed media/collage creations.

PLEASE NOTE: By entering this swap you are agreeing to allow your photo to essentially become "public domain" (without copyright) at least to the group of artist in this swap. As a participant you are agreeing that when you receive the digital collage sheet that it is for your own personal use in your art and the collage sheet itself is not marketable or to be used in any item you would sell. You may not sell it in any form.

Preparing the cards.
**No embellishments.
**Cards are to be the standard ATC size (2.5" X 3.5")
**On back be sure to include the following information:
Your User Name (so you can receive the coveted You Rock!)
Where you are from (in general - no addresses of course)
Swap Name
**All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
**Each card must be different.
**Send work of a quality that you would be pleased to receive.

Mailing Instructions
*PM me for my address when you are ready to send.
*Please send a BUSINESS Size SASE for your return cards. (US players only. Int'l only send the mailing label and US postage or $1 - see additional info below)
*Postage info:
US players, 44cent stamp usually covers it for 3 return cards
Int'l players, please enclose your address on a sticky address LABEL. I will provide the envelope!
** I will provide postage for the first 3 Int'l players
**Other Int'l players, please send concealed US$1 or 98cents US postage OR you can take care of it via PayPal but the cost will be $1.34 to cover PayPal fees for International transactions.
**Please write your user name and the swap name on the back of the mailing
envelope and the return envelope

Other Tidbits
**Extra cards for the host are not necessary but of course are gratefully welcome
and definitely enjoyed and appreciated
**If you have any questions, please PM me or ask it in the thread for this swap
**If this swap is full before you sign up, I'll gladly put your name on the waiting list!

Reps and iTrader
**Once you receive your return cards, please remember to leave iTrader for me and Rep points for the participants whose cards you received. I will leave iTrader for each of you as soon as I receive your cards.

I think that covers everything.....now......the mail is ready....WHERE ARE THOSE AWESOME MAIL BOXES???

Players signed up
Cards Received
1. Wil Opio Oguta (1st Int'l) - The Netherlands
2. SOTO - Arkansas
3. Blanche - South Carolina
4. Hidden Treasure - (2nd Int'l) Canada
MelanieS - Oregon
Just Ducky - Michigan (withdrawn)
6. Dsign49 - North Dakota
7. Lemurkat - (3rd Int'l) New Zealand
8. Mouseit - Australia
9. Joss - United Kingdom
10. Twinsmom2000 - West Virginia
11. Maggiebloom - Canada
11. Native Killette - Maine

Wil Opio Oguta
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I am in!!

SOTO
06-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I'M IN!

SOTO

Blanche
06-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I would love to join in on the postal love:)

HiddenTreasure2010
06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
looks exciting, I would love to join!

minnkel
06-10-2011, 06:22 PM
YEAH!!! Hi Wil, Soto, Blanche and Hidden Treasure! I'm so excited to have you guys here and ready to play. Oh and chat your little hearts out as well! Always love a good conversation.....and not JUST about the swap ya know! :twitcy:

Blanche
06-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm so glad this is due in August! I have a trip in the works to go to the NC mountains in July. Lots of cool mail boxes up there. I might have to peruse my photo stash to see what Angel contributions I can make in the meantime.
Thanks Kelly! This is going to be so much fun!

minnkel
06-10-2011, 06:48 PM
ooooooooooo I LOVE the NC mountains! Been through there several times to visit family in NC but was on the main highway so didn't get to see the backroads. Bummer! Hope you find LOTS of goodies!

notinkansas
06-10-2011, 07:01 PM
lurking...out and about most of the week next week... I'll see if I can come up with anything interesting...

MelanieS
06-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I haven't really paid any attention to mailboxes lately, our neighborhood has the lockbox type. But, we are going on a mini vakay, this weekend, so I'll keep my eye out!
Sign me up!

Just Ducky
06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
interesting/weird/strange mailbox ???? only interesting mailbox I seen is MINe as it was laying on the side of the road after some nut that deceided to plow it down...
but SURE, I will look around and see what I can come up with... ya know I live in a very rural boring small village in northern Michigan... so don't get really exceited...:wubclub:

so YEP, sign me you midas gal...

dsign49
06-10-2011, 10:22 PM
yes sign me up.
I just have to remember to take my camera along.:laugh::yes:

lemurkat
06-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Sign me up please, I've collected a couple of mailboxes in preparation for one of these swaps (well, actually I just like cute mailboxes).

I am an international.

Here's three - two were in Australia, the other in Hawaii. I don"t know if it's just that I don't notice mailboxes around my city or they're just not very interesting.

Yes, that is a microwave.

Mouseit
06-11-2011, 03:23 AM
MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pick mmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LOL
I have all those lovely mail boxes from wilmot! Its going to be hard to pick which ones to send!!!!

Joss
06-11-2011, 05:18 AM
I can sure send the red hot postboxes we have here. So me too please.
Love those photos lemurkat.

Joss
06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
That was easy, I looked through my photo collection, and here they are. Will send them soon. (Call me Speedy Gonzales!)

minnkel
06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow! I go out on a photo safari one day and all kinds of cool things are goin' on!

Glad to have all of you! Hi melanie, the duck, the mouse (oh no.....this could get ugly! with both in the swap together!), design49, lemurkat (Too cool for words! Glad I'm not the only one who gets a kick out of different mailboxes!), joss (AWESOME CARDS - never knew there were different kinds of those red boxes!)

You guys are all off to a GREAT start! I can't wait to see what comes next!

Notinkansas and Louisezee! Feel free to lurk and chat to your heart's content. We love having you guys around!

OK, if you have played with me in a swap before....you know there will be games or such involved. off now to stare at my mailbox for inspiration! Stay tuned for it next week!

You all have a wonderful rest of the weekend! Hopefully your weather is awesome for photos!

Kelly

minnkel
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM
LOL! I had one just like that last year!! A neighbor kid. parents made him buy a new one and install it! Seemed fair to me!

Midas

interesting/weird/strange mailbox ???? only interesting mailbox I seen is MINe as it was laying on the side of the road after some nut that deceided to plow it down...
but SURE, I will look around and see what I can come up with... ya know I live in a very rural boring small village in northern Michigan... so don't get really exceited...:wubclub:

so YEP, sign me you midas gal...

maggiebloom
06-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm in ! Looks like there will be lots of interesting and unusual photos.

minnkel
06-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes I can.......ummmmm.....I was brain dead at the time of posting the swap! I just copied the explanation of my previous angel swap and well....forgot (obviously) to chage ALL the wording!! Thanks for letting me know twinsmom! Now I can change it and hopefully not confuse anyone else!

I'm off to search for cool boxes. Count me in and let's hope I see something great.

I do have a question since this is my first Angel swap. You mentioned sheds/shacks being scanned. Can you explain that part to me?

minnkel
06-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes I can.......ummmmm.....I was brain dead at the time of posting the swap! I just copied the explanation of my previous angel swap and well....forgot (obviously) to chage ALL the wording!! Thanks for letting me know twinsmom! Now I can change it and hopefully not confuse anyone else!

NO....WAIT!!!! Actually I was reading Mouseit's explanation of Angel Swaps and loved it so much I copied THAT one and put it in. OK....now I'm alright....hopefully.... it's back to work for me (probably should be back to bed!):twitcy:

minnkel
06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Twinsmom2000 and Maggiebloom! SOOOOOO glad you two are going to play with us! Welcome to our happy (and a bit crazy) little family!

citykitten
06-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Hmmm I would like to play but can't think of any interesting mailboxed near by so I will lurk for now.

Mouseit
06-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh Yeah SUUUURRREEEE Minksie...LOL Blame me... heehee... I AM INNOCENT I TELL YA!!!

minnkel
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Hmmm I would like to play but can't think of any interesting mailboxed near by so I will lurk for now.

Hi CityKitten! It will be interesting to see if now that you are thinking about them if you start seeing them everywhere! LOL!! In the meantime....we LOVE to welcome lurkers. But you can feel free to chat you little heart out if you like. I'm not a strict rules kinda hostess (except for the obvious ones).

minnkel
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh Yeah SUUUURRREEEE Minksie...LOL Blame me... heehee... I AM INNOCENT I TELL YA!!!

Hey.....if the fuzzy slipper fits..........

Besides...it was a GOOD thing THIS time!! So you can relax now....take a deep breath.....exhale.....(don't want to forget that part! :twitcy:)

There....life is good again!

lemurkat
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Ah, after yesterday's two big shakes, I could get pictures of earthquake damaged mailboxes. But I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of my photos of broken things! For my fourth I might sneak around to my old flat and photograph the mailbox my flatmates painted up. I hope the landlord doesn't see me and think I'm doing something dodgy!

minnkel
06-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Ah, after yesterdays two big shakes, I could get pictures of earthquake damaged mailboxes. But I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of my photos of broken things! For my fourth I might sneak around to my old flat and photograph the mailbox my flatmates painted up. I hope the landlord doesn't see me and think I'm doing something dodgy!

ONe of the best things about these groups....keeping up with the news around the world! Hadn't heard about the shaking over there. But then I haven't watched the news in weeks! I take it you guys are all OK or you would have said something....???

Take it easy you guys!

Just Ducky
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
yes, Lemurkat, I have seen the latest quake pictures on CNN... and Christchurch again, how terrible.... so scary for eveyone there...

mailbox.... I drove all around the countryside yesterday... and BORing.... boring mailboxes..
man, no one around here does nuttin' different... (even me) so this is really becoming a super challange for me.. but not ready to give up... someone... somewhere around here has got to have something I can get pictures of..... (hope-hope)

alanabannana
06-14-2011, 07:39 AM
all my mailboxes around me are boring. Will keep my eyes open and lurk.

minnkel
06-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Always welcome to lurk Alanabannana! I found we had better luck when we went out in the more rural areas and small towns. Hope you find some great ones and want to play! In the meantime, drop in and chat OR.....I'm just about to post the first game!! you might find that fun, too!

minnkel
06-14-2011, 12:03 PM
OK...the first game is READY!!! It's a word search game with a postal theme. I've never attached a document so I hope this works. If not, I'll figure out something else.

The Game: Everyone is welcome to play...signed up players and lurkers alike. The more the merrier. For this game, you can print the game, find the words (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, forwards or backwards), circle them. When you have them all, scan your completed puzzle and send it to my e-mail.....sayitwithart@charter.net (not my usual e-mail but good for this game). If you don't have scan ability, just let me know in a PM that you found them all. Hey, I trust you guys! I'll throw the names of all the completed puzzles into my mailbox and pick one as the winner. I'm thinking postage stamps will be a fitting prize, right? hmmmmm how about the 98cent US mountain stamp??? LOL!!:twitcy:

So.....have fun!! If you have any questions, either post them here (others might have the same question) or PM me.

Mouseit
06-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Here we go again..... Heehee.....Prints off my puzzle... OH COURSE I HAVE TIME......NOT.. LOL

lemurkat
06-15-2011, 06:15 AM
And Minnkel, the answer to the question you repped me with is yes, they do put the mail in the microwave. I know cos I saw them deliver it.

boatbird
06-15-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll have to see if there are any interesting ones round here.... we have some cool red ones and some like ours that are boxes for mail (we live on first floor so it saves the postman climbing stairs all the time!)

Lurking for now!

minnkel
06-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone!

Mouseit - it won't take you but a minute or two and you KNOW you wanna play right? Besides you will need a break from the accounts or you will go nuts!! :twitcy:

Lemurkat - I think that is awesome. Not sure if our postal service around here would actually do that. hmmmmmm It WOULD be so much fun to get creative with our mailbox......***wheels turning in brain****

Boatbird - I think those options sound cool!! Hope you will play....but lurking is cool, too.

minnkel
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Not sure what all of you guys have available but just to stir up your imagination....remember those multi-unit boxes with the ornate metal fronts? or how about those mailboxes by the front doors with the lift tops? Some of those are very cool and decorative....or the old metal ones that were quite plain at the time but have developed an interesting patina???

Search on my Sherlock Holmes-es of the mailbox world!!:jiggy:

Mouseit
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Heehee yeah I am playing.. You know I am... and the accountant stuff.. well that can wait about a day..LOL

I just have to get my "boxes" together to show you all what the little town of WILMOT Tasmania does with its letter boxes...LOL trouble is there is soooo many to choose from....as soon as I get a minute I will put some up here for you to show you how artistic these people are!

I Just did a google search for "wilmot tasmania letter boxes" and you should see what came up...LOL Go on do it I DARE YOU!

minnkel
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! You DO have a wealth of amazing letter boxes to choose from! Looks like you could spend the day just enjoying the artistic beauty of them all.....oh and some are amazingly crazy (which is a good thing!)

Mouseit
06-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Heehee I think I might have missed one or two when we went and photographed them though. Ah well... Its off to work for me now..... see you all later!

lemurkat
06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Compulsory earthquake-damaged mailbox.

The house beside this mailbox has lost 3 of its external walls.

maggiebloom
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, Canada Post is on strike, but our jazzy mailboxes are still standing!! I took the liberty of "playing" with the photos - the original box is on the back. My sister will mail them in the States next week. Your mail is waaay more reliable these days!

minnkel
06-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Compulsory earthquake-damaged mailbox.

The house beside this mailbox has lost 3 of its external walls.

Wo!! That is scary! Not a big fan of earthquakes. Nowhere to hide!! Hope the damage was all structure and not lives.

minnkel
06-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, Canada Post is on strike, but our jazzy mailboxes are still standing!! I took the liberty of "playing" with the photos - the original box is on the back. My sister will mail them in the States next week. Your mail is waaay more reliable these days!

Those are AMAZING!!! So glad you got photos of them to share with us! Too bad the boxes are not in as much use these days as might be preferred! :twitcy:

I'll let you know (and leave iTrader points for you) when they arrive. ***fingers crossed!***

lemurkat
06-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Wo!! That is scary! Not a big fan of earthquakes. Nowhere to hide!! Hope the damage was all structure and not lives.

If they were in an internal doorframe or beside an internal wall they would have been fine. The roof is still up too, despite having gone through another two savage earthquakes this week. It's kind of amusing though because here you have a house by a main road with no walls that you can see right into, and they've put the red placard on one of the only bit that hasn't fallen - the front door - saying "do not enter". You'd have to be pretty danged brave to walk into that house! I think they took their stuff out though, cos the lounge is empty.

The B&B next door, which is now a pile of rubble says on its website that it is "currently closed due to earthquake damage" (obviously from Sep 4th not Feb 22 which sealed its fate). It's heartbreaking :(

minnkel
06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
If they were in an internal doorframe or beside an internal wall they would have been fine. The roof is still up too, despite having gone through another two savage earthquakes this week. It's kind of amusing though because here you have a house by a main road with no walls that you can see right into, and they've put the red placard on one of the only bit that hasn't fallen - the front door - saying "do not enter". You'd have to be pretty danged brave to walk into that house! I think they took their stuff out though, cos the lounge is empty.

The B&B next door, which is now a pile of rubble says on its website that it is "currently closed due to earthquake damage" (obviously from Sep 4th not Feb 22 which sealed its fate). It's heartbreaking :(

Oh lemurkat...that is so very sad.....:( I can't figure out why it has not been more in the news here. Or I just missed it but usually I do hear of the big issues. Are you and all yours doing OK?

Wil Opio Oguta
06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Minnkel and I were driving around to look for interesting ones and we found a number of them. I don't have to mail them to hem, because I can simply hand them over to her;). Here are 4 of my favorites:

Just Ducky
06-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh Wil... well I can see that Minnkle lives in a more artful place then I do....

I have circled a few square mailes around my place and ain't seeing nuttin'
I am talking BORing in a big way... now I wishing it was winter, at least they looked better buried in snow....
HOW come Canada, UK and Tasmania got all these great postal boxes... not fair...:(

notinkansas
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
I spent 4 days on the road this week...rural areas, cities and suburbs with only one mailbox to show for it...turns out the pics I took aren't so good...sigh ...still lurking

minnkel
06-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Don't get discouraged yet. There is still lots of time and I just know something will show itself! At first it seemed like everything was boring here. We found most of them in the rural areas. I envy the Mouseit!!! And so many others with way cool boxes! We really had to hunt for ours.

Grab some treats and play the word search to clear your mind and begin again on another day! Worse comes to worse....paint your neighbors mailbox!!! **sneak out in the middle of the night with spray can in hand!** Just kidding, of course.....I would NEVER lead you guys astray or anything!!:swoon:

Off to bed now you guys...I'll check back with you sometime tomorrow I hope. Another friend is here (SOTO on AFA) and we are going to a quilt show tomorrow and then a couple of play days in the studio!! WOOHOO!!

notinkansas
06-18-2011, 07:00 AM
forgot...look for my contest entry in your (e)mailbox!

minnkel
06-18-2011, 11:53 AM
forgot...look for my contest entry in your (e)mailbox!

Yep! It's in my inbox! YEAH!!!

Wil Opio Oguta
06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Oh Wil... well I can see that Minnkle lives in a more artful place then I do....

I have circled a few square mailes around my place and ain't seeing nuttin'
I am talking BORing in a big way... now I wishing it was winter, at least they looked better buried in snow....
HOW come Canada, UK and Tasmania got all these great postal boxes... not fair...:(

Try the smaller towns or older areas of the towns. That is where Minnkel and I found very interesting mailboxes. Another thing which helps is if you have a passenger who can look out for mailboxes while you can focus on the driving :-)

minnkel
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
HEY!! I only ran over ONE LITTLE CURB!!! Oh and the nice thing about looking out in the rural areas is that you can usually come to a screaching halt and back up because there is no one else on the road.......ask me how I know!!! :twitcy:

Hi MelFaye! Glad you are here....even lurking! Please feel free to play the MailBox Word Search Game with us while you are contemplating your next outing to search for those elusive mailboxes!! And chat whenever you want to....we're a pretty freewheeling group here.

:jiggy:

minnkel
06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Whew! it was so much fun having SOTO join Wil and me for a few days! AND...we didn't get into TOO much trouble! Hope you had a safe flight home SOTO! Didn't happen to see any cool mailboxes from the plane did you??? I know you must have been flying lower due to the weather....just wondering.....:twitcy:

Just Ducky
06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
dang dang and double dang... I ain't seeing nuttin.... zip zap zero...
and now I thinking about what Minkkel said about (neighbor/paint over) hummmm....
and I got lots of half empty paint cans... a few stickers... abit of ribbon...
late nite drive down dark road...
ohhhh ohhh wait.. red lights shinning in my rear window... tossing out the empty cans..
ohhhh ... now I in trouble... hope they let me come back in the morning lite to take my pictures....:unsure:

minnkel
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh Ducky dahling....of all times NOT to read the directions very c a r e f u l l y!!! You obviously missed this part....

" (just don't get arrested for trespassing!!)"....or anything else I guess I should have added!! :twitcy:

Also.....do remember all of you that the places where you drop off your mail is also a possibility!! Anyone know of some old post office buildings or apartment buildings with those ornate multi mailboxes???

Blanche
06-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Looks like I've been missing out on some fun! That's what I get for working 10 hour days!

Hope to join in more on the weekends, but for now I have a show and tell photo, not so interesting at first glance, but when you look at the details, it's a pretty cool set-up.

This is a photo of a place I drive by everyday when I leave work. It's a B&B in downtown Charleston, SC called Maison du Pre built in 1807!!!! In this photo it was still a working B&B. It has since been put up for sale for a few million as I recall. This is the gate to the courtyard that is in between two buildings. It has it's own mail box there on the right below a plaque. On the left is a weight from a pulley system that rides up and down as the door opens and closes - so cool! I just love this place and don't mind waiting for the stop light at all (it's on a corner). IF I ever win the lottery and it's still for sale, I want to buy it!!!

http://www.designsbyblanche.com/Charleston/chas-george03.jpg

minnkel
06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
oooooo Blanche!! That is awesome!!! It will make a wonderful card!!

SOTO
06-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Love, love, love that mailbox, Blanche!
Minnkel, nope, didn't see any interesting mailboxes from the plane between MN and Chicago, nor, surprisingly, any on the 600+ mile ROAD TRIP from Chicago home, due to that bad weather, and the airline's total incompetence.
This swap may prove to be more challenging that I thought! lol

SOTO

minnkel
06-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Love, love, love that mailbox, Blanche!
Minnkel, nope, didn't see any interesting mailboxes from the plane between MN and Chicago, nor, surprisingly, any on the 600+ mile ROAD TRIP from Chicago home, due to that bad weather, and the airline's total incompetence.
This swap may prove to be more challenging that I thought! lol

SOTO

Perhaps....but you are surely giving it your best shot!!! LOL!!

lemurkat
06-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Got this one today - enroute to Hanmer (an alpine village/resort)

Canterbury Crusaders!

notinkansas
06-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Canterbury Crusaders!

how fun! what a great find!

minnkel
06-25-2011, 12:43 PM

Canterbury Crusaders!

That is fantastic!!! Must be something in the water in the southern hemisphere!! Perhaps you could bottle it and sell it as Creative Juice??? :twitcy:

Just Ducky
06-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I sooooo sad... Ducky is beggin' to be forgivin... but I just gotta drop....
what's wrong with everyone around my place... no... big NO... strange, different, pretty mailboxes ... zip-zap-natta.... but even MY mailbox is a plain jane boring mailbox... so guess this is the norm for around here...

so please withdraw me from this swap...:(

minnkel
07-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Oh Ducky....it just won't be the same without you! :( Hope you'll still drop in and chat sometimes! And if you DO happen upon some mailboxes you like....there is (and most likely still will be) plenty of room for you to drop back in! Seems it is a more difficult swap that it seemed at first!

minnkel
07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Just before Wil left to go back home, we were in a building in downtown Minneapolis and found this mailbox!!! This one is an extra one that will be in the Angel Swap! Thanks Wil for sharing this one with us!!!:jiggy: Don't forget...these don't have to be just those boxes at the end of the driveway!

Blanche
07-03-2011, 02:06 PM
This is such a fun swap idea! I do hope those that are having a hard time will come up with something - I am really fortunate to live in an area where people do have creative freedom with their mail boxes!

lemurkat - That is outstanding!

Kelly & Wil Opio, I ADORE that! mmm... lovin the Brass!

So...I went out for a few hours yesterday photo hunting for all these swaps I signed up for!
LUCKY me! I found some interesting and truly unique mailboxes. Only problem now is to pare it down to 3! I even found a few others that I would like to go back and photgraph when the holiday is over and not so much traffic.

MelanieS
07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I can't seem to find any interesting mailboxes! Even when we went on vacation and when I went to Utah! I think I may have to drop out too!

Just Ducky
07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
well dang it.. even Melanies can't find some creative mailboxes and she even traveled to another state...
and LOOK at all the great ones that Blanche found just tooling around town... it's not fair..
but I am still looking... really I am... this has become a REAL challange for me now..
dang dang, where's all them mailboxes when I need them....

I still an offical drop out... (ouch, that sounds so bad) but an unoffical groupie...

MelanieS
07-04-2011, 01:43 AM
well dang it.. even Melanies can't find some creative mailboxes and she even traveled to another state...
and LOOK at all the great ones that Blanche found just tooling around town... it's not fair..
but I am still looking... really I am... this has become a REAL challange for me now..

I still an offical drop out... (ouch, that sounds so bad) but an unoffical groupie...

I'm still LOOKING TOO!

It was a funny joke, when we were on vacay...I would say, "hey there's a mailbox" and "oh, it's not worthy"! LOL!

lemurkat
07-04-2011, 05:55 AM

There is a reason I've been photographing mailboxes everytime I see a good one! The ones around here are pretty dull.

Posted mine today.

notinkansas
07-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I am still lurking and looking too...

minnkel
07-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Wow Blanche! Those are really cool mailboxes! I can see your problem with paring them down to three. If you like though you can still send me the photos of the other ones and I can add them to the Angel Swap part.

Ducky, MelanieS and Notinkansas - There is still plenty of time....don't give up yet!!! Keep your eyes peeled (ouch that just sounds painful!) and hopefully some will show up before long. But we are glad you are still hanging out with us! WE LOVE OUR GROUPIES:jiggy:!!!

minnkel
07-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Anyone wanting one last chance to get in on the Mailbox Word Search game??? If so, check out post #34 in this thread to see the "rules" and the link to the game page. I'll pick the winner from all the entries on July 11th!!!:jiggy:

Just Ducky
07-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Just A Ducky thought.... but ya know maybe ??? Me and Melanie and NotinKansas we could get together and each send in ONE mailbox picture ???? YA know, 6 pairs of eyes with one heart ???? and a neighborhood of boring mailboxes...
I think I have some idea of WHY people around here ain't got neat looking mailboxes much anymore...
cause in the winter and our snow and then here coMES the road plows... and there GOEs
the mailbox... I think sometimes the snow plows see how many they can wipe out each day..
I do remember we USED to put out nice/pretty rural boxes but No more... just the plain jane
so that is my excuse and I sticking with it...:( :twitcy:

minnkel
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
LOL!! I've sometimes wondered if the plow drivers get some kind of bonus for each mailbox they take out!!! We've never had one totally knocked down though...at least not yet!!

dsign49
07-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I haven't found anything very fancy either. I'm like Just Ducky and Minnkel. Just plain mailboxes. If it not the snow plow then its the combine headers or stack movers. I have two but like I said nothing fancy as far as decorated.

SOTO
07-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Mine are "In The Mail" ;)

SOTO

dsign49
07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Like the mail boxes SOTO

minnkel
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
OK, just remember.....the swap is for INTERESTING mailboxes. Some non-fancy ones can be interesting in their own way...like a really old rusty one might have a charm all its own....

Just a little leeway for ya!

minnkel
07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
And the winner is........................................

MOUSEIT!!!!!! WOOHOO.......I'll be sending the prize with your return cards!!!

CONGRATS! and thanks to all of you who played!

lemurkat
07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Mine not arrived yet?

SOTO
07-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks dsign!

SOTO

dsign49
07-13-2011, 06:19 PM
found some mail boxes to day and got some pictures.
would have like the one of the Train engine but that one was on a missed turn and couldn't stop. maybe next time.

minnkel
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I now have cards for Lemurkat and SOTO!!! YEAH!!

Mouseit
07-16-2011, 02:14 AM
What did I win huh huh What what? LOL Always nice to win sumfin......

OHHHH and here is a few letter boxes for you Minksie...... I am sending more than I should but you can keep the extra's and/or swap out what you like... here you go.....

1. Angel Letterbox

2. Bee Hive Letterbox

3. Cow and Calf Letterbox

4. Flowerpot Letterbox

Mouseit
07-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Here is the over flow for you as I know you will be getting so many you need new boxes to put them in..LOL

5. Ned Kelly Letterbox (Outside the museum)

6. Piggy Letterbox

7. Tasmania Tiger Letterbox

Just so you know all these letterboxes are real and located at a very small town calle Wilmot Tasmania. They have a great tourist visit rate because of the letterboxes..LOL

lemurkat
07-16-2011, 02:37 AM
I love the Tas Tiger!

minnkel
07-16-2011, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Mouseit;1042610]What did I win huh huh What what? LOL Always nice to win sumfin......

well...................it is a secret!! But it has to do with MAIL!!!! LOL!! so you gotsta wait...........:twitcy:

minnkel
07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Mouseit!! LOVE the mailboxes and thanks so much for the extras!! Oh you KNOW I'll find a use for them. (although....mind if I give the piggy one to a certain little girl???)

dsign49
07-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Love those mail boxes down under.
Here are mine nothing like that.

Mouseit
07-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Heehee Yes Minksie you can give the piggywiggy to a certain girl.. LOL I told you you can do with them as you please, I just could not make up my mind which to send...LOL

Mouseit
07-18-2011, 08:34 AM
dsign, well yours are still good too! LOL It takes all kinds to make mailboxes ya know....

dsign49
07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
My mail boxes went in the mai today.

minnkel
07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Love those mail boxes down under.
Here are mine nothing like that.

LOVE the barn especially!! too cute! I'll let you know when they arrive!:jiggy:

minnkel
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
OK....I think we have time for another game! (ok....stop groaning!!)

Here's the deal....really easy.

WHAT would you most like to go to your mailbox and find! Or it could even be a WHO!! I'll toss the names of players in a Priority Mail box and choose one winner! Just to make it more interesting...don't PM me...just post the responses here in the thread! I'm sure we are ALL wanting to know! :twitcy:

Ya got one week. I'll draw the winner on Thursday, July 28!!

Wil Opio Oguta
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Not really a surprise for you: the announcement that I won a million dollars (or more) so that I can give up my job and move to the US :-))

minnkel
07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Not really a surprise for you: the announcement that I won a million dollars (or more) so that I can give up my job and move to the US :-))

OH wait!! I'm SHOCKED!!! :swoon: roflol!!!

native killette
07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I would like to:
A] Sign up for this swap please. =]
B] I would love to find either a huge envy stuffed with various ATC's or a crap ton of cash. =]

Please and thanks.

Blanche
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
What a Question!
You really got me to thinking -
WHAT - I would like to find in my mailbox the new cd from Superheavy - Mick Jagger, Damien Marley, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, arrahman - nrw song I heard was called Miracle Worker -
So I can rock out while setting up my new studio space.

WHO - for some reason unbeknowst to me Antonio Banderas comes to mind !?!?

OMG! That was too honest!

native killette
07-21-2011, 10:27 PM
ANTONIO BANDERAS!? Hahaha. He's pretty good looking for an older man but he would definitely not be my first choice. Lol.

Blanche
07-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Super Duper Happy,
He is younger than I am, by about a year so for an old gal like me, if he appeared in my mailbox, I would request of him to prepare a Latin American dinner (hear he is a foodie) and while the flavors blend Ask him for a dance (seen him dance in movies), by then dinner would be ready and I could gaze into those lovely brown eyes over some HOT food!
I' m just sayin - er wishin!
LOL

native killette
07-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Haha. Well I take it back, that sounds like rockin good time. :jiggy:

native killette
07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
And here's what I've come up with so far:

minnkel
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
I would like to:
A] Sign up for this swap please. =]
B] I would love to find either a huge envy stuffed with various ATC's or a crap ton of cash. =]

Please and thanks.

Welcome to the party Native Killette! Glad you are joining us! And "B" sounds like great wishes (although I have to admit - I would lean more toward the last one!)

minnkel
07-22-2011, 10:47 AM
What a Question!
You really got me to thinking -
WHAT - I would like to find in my mailbox the new cd from Superheavy - Mick Jagger, Damien Marley, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, arrahman - nrw song I heard was called Miracle Worker -
So I can rock out while setting up my new studio space.

WHO - for some reason unbeknowst to me Antonio Banderas comes to mind !?!?

OMG! That was too honest!

OOOOOOOOOOOO - I don't think the reason Antonio Banderas came to mind is unbeknownst at all......perfectly clear to me anyway!!

Hadn't heard the song you mentioned so I bopped over to iTunes to check it out. Way cool really. Love the reggae feel of it. Not what I expected...pleasantly surprised!

minnkel
07-22-2011, 10:49 AM
And here's what I've come up with so far:

Those are wonderful Native Killette!! LOVE that barn with the mail slot in the lean-to!

dsign49
07-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Mow what would I like to find in my mail box. a notice that I had just won one of Publishing Clearing Houses big prizes. But better yet have them ring my Door bell would even be better. I don't think their van drive up here in the Upper Middle of the USA. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

minnkel
07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Mow what would I like to find in my mail box. a notice that I had just won one of Publishing Clearing Houses big prizes. But better yet have them ring my Door bell would even be better. I don't think their van drive up here in the Upper Middle of the USA. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sooooo THAT'S why I have never won!!!!!:twitcy:

minnkel
07-25-2011, 10:47 AM
four more days to "enter" the What I Would Like To Find in My Mailbox game! All you have to do is post on this thread the response to that title and I will draw from all the entrants. See??? Really easy.....no right or wrong answers....WOOHOO!!!:jiggy:

minnkel
07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Mouseit!! Your cards arrived!!! And one little girl is VERY happy with her piggy mailbox card!! off to leave iTrader now.

native killette
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Quick question!

I was only able to print my pictures in wallet size, which I THOUGHT was 3.5"x2.5" (it used to be) but apparently @ walmart they are only 3x2. So I was wondering if I could mount that size to a right size card and then maybe add a small border or improvise in another way?

SUPER BUMMED that they weren't the right size. >.<

minnkel
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Quick question!

I was only able to print my pictures in wallet size, which I THOUGHT was 3.5"x2.5" (it used to be) but apparently @ walmart they are only 3x2. So I was wondering if I could mount that size to a right size card and then maybe add a small border or improvise in another way?

SUPER BUMMED that they weren't the right size. >.<

I know some hosts are very strict about borders on photo swaps but actually...in other photo swaps I have received photos with borders and they were quite nice. So I say go for it.

******IF any of you are totally not cool with receiving photo ATCs with a border...please let me know via PM and I will be sure you don't get one.

native killette
07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah I figured some people wouldn't prefer that, but I thought I would ask! And I'll be sure to keep it simple, nothing crazy! :]

lemurkat
07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I know some hosts are very strict about borders on photo swaps but actually...in other photo swaps I have received photos with borders and they were quite nice. So I say go for it.

******IF any of you are totally not cool with receiving photo ATCs with a border...please let me know via PM and I will be sure you don't get one.

I've printed all of mine like that and noone has complained (yet). Although I feel a bit guilty about it. Usually I draw in a little border or write where the photograph was taken or what it was.

native killette
07-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! :] YAY!

Mouseit
07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
GAME TIME Answer: I would love to go to my mail box and find I had won a million dollars, because I have promised the Thursday night girls that if I ever win anything significant monies wise, I would treat them all to a scrapbooking cruise!
Probably come and visit Minksie and a few others too! heehee - If she's lucky I would take her too..LOL

Just Ducky
07-25-2011, 11:46 PM
hi ya all... remember me ??? the poor Ducky that dropped out of this fun swap ???
well I just wanted to let your sweet hostess, know that after all my looking and looking for some really neat mailboxes and not finding ANY/non/Zero... yesterday I SAW a really funny mailbox... ONE... and of coarse no camera....

but I still have had fun Lurking and seeing what everyone else around the world has got for show and tell...

not asking to enter the fun mailbox contest... but what I would love to find in my mailbox ?...... a lifetime un-limited miles PLANE ticket.... to use when and where and as often as wanted... wow, what a dream....

Mouseit
07-28-2011, 03:29 AM
OHHHHH Thats a good one Ducky... you could come and visit me, I got a pond in the back yard you could land on!

MelanieS
08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Dang! I still haven't seen any noteworthy boxes!
I give up *again* !

Blanche
08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Mine went postal yesterday!

native killette
08-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Mine are sitting in a mailbox down the street as we speak. :jiggy:

minnkel
08-03-2011, 11:54 AM
OK...so I'm a few days late....oh well....let's just say I've given up on the notion of whatever a "normal" life might be.....

Now for the winner of the "What I Want" is.....DRUM ROLL!!!

NATIVE KILLETTE!!! Congrats girl! Prize is a secret (even from me at this point - LOL) but it's yours nontheless!!

HiddenTreasure2010
08-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I mailed on the 2nd of August..

lemurkat
08-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Yesterday I found a really, really awesome mailbox. So awesome that I wanted to steal it (although it was very distinctive and I would be easily tracked down). Even though my cards are already sent in, I had to photograph it.

Isn't it it wicked?

minnkel
08-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Blanche! Your wonderful cards arrived today!!!

Blanche
08-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Yay! I can't wait for returns!

native killette
08-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow haha. I never win anything. :]

Mouseit
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
OHH Nearly time to get our returns.. heehee

native killette
08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Pretty sure mine should have been there by now! -crosses fingers-

catladybj
08-13-2011, 02:44 AM
shoot, I did not get my third mailbox, and the date is upon me. I am bowing out, hope I did this soon enuf to not get a bad rating. the week slipped by me and I have not been on line for 3-4 days.
Bonnie

minnkel
08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Received cards from NativeKillette and HiddenTreasure!!!! Beautiful stuff!!

native killette
08-15-2011, 12:02 PM
THANK THE LORD! Haha. SO EXCITED for returns.

native killette
08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
So Im super impatient. >.< When will you be sending returns?

minnkel
08-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Been out of the studio for ATC stuff for a few days. Just wanted to let twinsmom know that the cards arrived all safe and sound. So....let the scanning begin!!! As soon as I have all the scans done and the angel pages ready. I'll let you know!

minnkel
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
All mailboxes are swapped out and just need some final bits to be ready to hit the PO. And all the angel sheets are ready to e-mail out to you. Please e-mail me at viewfromthejourney@charter.net and I will send the angel sheets to you via return e-mail. OR you can PM me your e-mail address. Either way is fine with me!:twitcy:

native killette
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Shot you an email!

minnkel
08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
All returns went into the mail yesterday!!! (except for the two winners cuz I wanna add a little sumn-sumn to their envies).

Angel sheets are being sent out as soon as I receive your request via e-mail or PM.

Thanks again for such a fun swap! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

native killette
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Aww! Im so pumped to get these returns. :]

minnkel
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Aww! Im so pumped to get these returns. :]

Hopefully, Irene won't mess too much with mail service out your way!:swoon:

All you EastCoasters stay safe now ya hear!!:twitcy:

minnkel
08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Hey Blanche!! You guys battened down good out there?

dsign49
08-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Great Mail box cards from
twinsmon2000, mouseit and Kearston Brown.
Great job minnkel.

Blanche
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
We are fine - thanks for asking!
We had some storms and schools were closed on Friday just be safe, but it missed us - saying prayers for folks farther north!

I got some interesting cards in my mailbox yesterday :jiggy:
Mailbox #3 from Joss - a beautiful red British mailbox!
John Deere Mailbox from Native Killette - complete with tractor on top!
and Open Wide from minnkel - Now that's a Largemouth Bass!!!

Thanks to minnkel for a wonderful swap & for the Angel pics! Off to leave iTrader & reps!

minnkel
08-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Blanche...so glad you guys made it through without incident!

THE RETURNS ARE ARRIVING!! I'm always excited to hear that they are beginning to get to their new homes!

SOTO
08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Mailboxes in my maibox!! Who'da thunk it?? LOL Thanks fo twinsmom2000 for the rusty cow,dsign49 for the Kramers, and our host for the cow and calf ( or cow on the block! ) mailboxes. Great swap minnkel. YouRocks and iTrader have been left.

native killette
08-30-2011, 11:05 PM
We only got rain ONE stinkin day, but it didn't really mess with the mail. Although we didn't get out sunday papers this week. Lame.

Have my returns gone out? Just wondering so I know to look!

native killette
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Got my returns! Thank you so much to Blanche (got two of your cards!) and Wil Opio Oguta. Also thanks to Minnkel for my AWESOME prize card, GIRAFFES!

Awesome swap. :]

minnkel
09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
YEA!!!! I'm so glad you like it! I have a blast making it...especially with your love of all things giraffe!

native killette
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
WOOT! Best swap evah!

Quick question: did a few people get double cards from the same player because there wasn't enough to go around?

HiddenTreasure2010
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I received great cards today. Many thanks to our host and to the artists. SOTO, native killette, thanks to the artist whom sent the whalebox from Hawaii, but made in NZ.

cheers

native killette
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
AWW I wanted that whalebox! Lol.

Mouseit
09-15-2011, 03:15 AM
LOL I must be the last to get my mailboxes... heehee - Thanks for my prize Minksie they are adorable... heehee

I have great Mail boxes from Hidden Treasure2010 - From Joss - and From MaggieBloom They are great....THANK YOU!!!