PDA

View Full Version : Movies: Take One - ATC swap due August 17

ScrapPea
06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Swap due date - Cards must be to me by August 17
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 ONLY
Number of participants - 12…Welcome to my First Swap!!

An ATCsForAll Production
A swap by ScrapPea
Movies: Take One

Starring:

12 players for my first swap.As a film major in college, I know how much hard work it takes to complete a film. The end result, however, is thrilling entertainment, heart-wrenching drama or animated splendor. For this swap, let’s celebrate the magic of movies in an ATC!

Featuring:This is a general theme to share and showcase what makes movies special to us. This can be a depiction of a scene (existing motion picture or your own independent production), a replica movie poster, a particular actor/actress or character, or anything that evokes your passion for the silver screen. Keep all cards G- or PG-rated, or at least a tasteful PG-13.

Set design:All media and styles are welcome, but be creative! Add a stunning card to someone’s collection, something more than just one image glued onto a card. Embellishments are always fun, but do try to keep cards flat. Check out my collection sneak peek:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-Popcorn.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-Adventure.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-Premiere.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_2011-SecondDate.jpg

Production design:I will cover postage for all international players, but I ask players in the U.S. to provide postage stamps for your return. Any additional postage is appreciated, but don’t let the lack of that stop you from participating. I will supply envelopes, but do send a large mailing label or piece of paper with your address on it, NOT those little return address labels (postal folk here tend to get fussy about this). International participants should plan to mail cards around August 3 for arrival in the States.

Written by:On the back of your cards, be sure to include the swap name plus your name and username so that You Rock! rep points can be given to the proper artist. Optional, but really cool, information to add is your location and information about a film depicted on your card or inspiration for your design. Place each card in a plastic sleeve for mailing. Write your username and swap name on the envelope you mail to me. I would be honored to receive a themed host card, but one is not expected nor required.

Directed by:You! When you receive your outstanding swapcards, remember to leave iTrader review for the host (that’s me!) and rep points for the talented artists you received cards from. I will leave you iTrader admission when I receive your fantastic cards. PM me with any questions/comments and for my address when you are ready to mail.

Be sure to enjoy yourself. Lights! Camera! Action!

0 - ScrapPea
1 - momoruth--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
2 - maggiebloom--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
3- WildGoose--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
4 - dsign49--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
5 -
6 -
7 - enotneicna--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
8 - Tambilina--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
9 - alanabannana--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
10 - SunTrade--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
11 - katrinabean86--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd
12 -Just Ducky--RECEIVED --Returns Rcv'd

momoruth
06-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I wanna play...

maggiebloom
06-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll join your first swap, ScrapPea!!!

debs913
06-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll play.

dsign49
06-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I want to play.

MelanieS
06-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Yay your 1st swap!
I'll play! :)

Jesimal
06-12-2011, 06:07 AM
hmmm...have a few others to finish - lurking at the moment...

loubie
06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
LOVE the movies! Please may I join in?

debs913
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I did this for the June PAT, but thought I'd share it...I am definitely going to do movie posters!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7556/1_debs913_kimono_s.jpg

enotneicna
06-12-2011, 11:57 AM
I wanna play tooooo!!!!!

alanabannana
06-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd love to be part of your first swap too if I may please

SunTrade
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
This is awesome! Sig me up!

SunTrade
06-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Thought I show this here ... I have only been painting a little over 3 years, and a couple of years back (still learning much) I was so in love with the 300 movie, that I made this oil painting.

What do you think? After this one. I really learned to paint skies! :jiggy::twitcy:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/874/300jt.jpg

ScrapPea
06-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Wow. I go away for one day and my swap almost completely fills up. To quote Sally Field's 1985 Oscar acceptance speech: "You like me, right now, you like me." Welcome everyone!

SunTrade, I can see how this perfected your skies. Wow.
Debs913, what a fun card!

katrinabean86
06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes please add me! :)

enotneicna
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I have two cards finished and will post them to my gallery a little later...one is a pop-up card so couldn't scan it had to photograth it, so while I was at it I just photograthed my second card.

Just Ducky
06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
HOPE, I have counted right... and can be your #12 player...
congradulations on your first swap....
thinking I will try for some of my favorite movies... I just made this 4x4 last week... one of my most favorite Actor.... (just for show and tell)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_june_atart_10.jpg.. To Kill A Mockingbird.....

WildGoose
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I"m a film buff, too... love those B/W 30's and the films of the non-Hollywood directors like Bergman & Fellini et al!
.....Would love to be your #1 on the waiting list, ScrapPea!

Another for Show-and-Tell.... my digitally coloured version of the ice-scene charge from Alexander Nevsky...just made and sent as a collage for the Tarot card swap ( original had spear...I substituted a sword...and shrunk that tall helmet he had )

ScrapPea
06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
And just like that, we are full with a waiting list! How cool is that!?!

enotneicna - I can't wait to see what you've come up with. A pop-up card! Wow.
Just Ducky - Yes, you counted right, and you are #12. What a cool 4x4!
WildGoose - I am honored to have you first on my waiting list. :) Fabulous show-n-tell here, folks!

ScrapPea
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
mem73 - you are #2 on the waiting list.

enotneicna
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Okay, the two cards I have finished are in my gallery...I still have two more to make...have a couple ideas rolling round in my head...have to figure out how to do them...lol...I love a challenge!!! And one of the four cards our host gets to keep...and I'm gonna make it a tough choice...but a fun one...lol!!!!! Enjoy!!!

Blanche
06-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I would like to wait around on your list, please!

ScrapPea
06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh, my, enotneicna, those cards are just fabulous! You obviously had fun making them!
(and a hostess card...awwwww...you are sweet, and evil if I have to choose just one! :))

Welcome, Blanche. You are Waitlist #3.

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 11:02 PM
enotneicna, cool cards!

enotneicna
06-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, my last two cards are in my gallery...And ScrapPea...I think your choice just got harder...lol...enjoy!!!

SunTrade
06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
I have been making my cards while my son is training, which is about three hours Monday through Friday. I take my stuff with me and complete a lot of swaps. Beats just sitting in a chair watching!

So today i decided to work on these. And when I came home, I had to really work on them some more, as they were a little time consuming. But I finish them!

I decided to do vintage movie posters. I was aiming at all hand drawn, but I just had to glue the little letters. My eyes are just getting too old! (Hate that).

I actually went crazy and did many of them. But I will be sending Casablanca, Miracle on 34 st, Jaws, and Jurassic Park. Hercules is going in my gallery if anyone is interested (anyone on the waiting list?)

Hope you all like them!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2898/moviestakeone.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4056/vintagemovieposters6.jpg

ScrapPea
06-17-2011, 11:24 PM
enotneicna - To quote Belle: "you are positively prime evil" I mean that in a good way. I can't wait to see your cards in person!

SunTrade -Those great cards bring back so many memories. Jaws, Jurassic Park...both flicks I saw in the theater with mom...and I thought I was the only chick who liked Kill Bill (my husband refuses to watch them with me, but he supported buying the DVDs). BTW, that's a nice offer to waiting listers.

Now I want to go watch movies! I have to wait until the braces off to indulge in popcorn, however. There's always chocolate!

SunTrade
06-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks! This is quite the cool swap!

katrinabean86
06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Jurassic Park! Lol...you have no idea what a huge ridiculous crush I have on Jeff Goldblum O.o I think I've seen that movie like 1000 times. I love those cards. So awesome.

SunTrade
06-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Thank you KatrinaBean!

enotneicna
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
My cards are on their way to you....mailed them this morning...6/21

ScrapPea
06-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Wonderful! I just got back from writing an article--y'know, something easy that exploded into complication--and I have a stack of envelopes here. I'm going through them and will let you know what I've received. I'm glad everyone is enjoying themselves.

BTW, I did pop Disney's Beauty and the Beast onto my computer while I worked. The Incredibles was on later that day. Now that I have time to breathe, i wonder what movie will be next...?

ScrapPea
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Okay, I am such a nerdy geek, but my first set of cards arrived today and I am just tickled peach! SUNTRADE, thank you for the host card and all the extra goodies. Of course, my husband notices the Tasmanian Devil tape wrap on the envelope.

Now I think even *he's* getting excited about my returns from this swap. :)

ScrapPea
06-23-2011, 07:34 PM
@enotneicna - I'll be on the lookout for your cards.

alanabannana
06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I went with some old movie prints from a book.

katrinabean86
06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Ooh! Awesome, Alana :) Don't the old movie posters just have so much style to them?

ScrapPea
06-24-2011, 10:01 PM
@alanabannana - great cards. Yes indeed, movie posters hold magic. So classy. That's a great selection you have there. What a fabulous book you have to have these images!

My second set of cards came in. ENOTNEICNA, your amazing cards arrived today. What a fabulous interactive set you sent. My husband has now ooohed and awwwed over two sets of cards.

My library's monthly book sale was today--$5 for a bag of books. Like I don't have enough books, I picked up a stuffed bag full, including some movie ones! I even found one that I got at my 1st bag sale three months ago, so I bought it to use up the text on the other side of pages I used. :)

SunTrade
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Jurassic Park! Lol...you have no idea what a huge ridiculous crush I have on Jeff Goldblum O.o I think I've seen that movie like 1000 times. I love those cards. So awesome.

But he was such a geek! :laugh: I actually loved in on Independence Day.

ScrapPea
06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
@SunTrade - Of course he's a geek, but a loveable, adorable geek. A cool geek. He always had good roles, good characters.

@Tambilina - I watched Top Hat with Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers for one of my film classes. Made me want to marry a man who could dance!

SunTrade
06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I know, I know ... he is a little cute!

SunTrade
07-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Well, I have to admit that I have a weakness for tough or bad boys ... I used to be infatuated with Steven Seagal. I would watch his movies all the time even if they were bad ....

debs913
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Just not inspired on this...going to withdraw. Sorry

ScrapPea
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry to see you go, debs913, but if your muse is not talking to you, well, I understand. I want this to be enjoyable for everyone. Here's hoping your muse returns soon.

ScrapPea
07-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Okay, it's off to the waiting list. I'm PM'ing WildGoose now.

WildGoose
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Just read your note this AM, ScrapPea....I"d be glad to join!

dsign49
07-09-2011, 11:42 PM
My Movies Take One

SunTrade
07-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Those are cool!

Just Ducky
07-10-2011, 12:23 AM
great cards Jill... I must say I have a love/hate of Ol' Yeller... but I love your card...

dsign49
07-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks SunTrade and Just Ducky

Just Ducky
07-11-2011, 01:01 AM
I got show and tell... finally.... turned out to be a real challange... hope these are ok...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_movie_swap_1_and_2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_movie_swap_3_and_4.jpg

will send out as soon as I get your address please....

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
@WildGoose - Welcome! You're added to the list.

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I received the dashing Casablanca cards from Maggiebloom. Thank you for the host card.

@dsign49 - Wonderful cards! I've always been a sucker for Disney movies. Love the collagework.

@Just Ducky - Awesome cards. Gotta love the classics!

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey, great classic cards arrived from alanabannana. Thanks for the extra movie goodies!

It is so fun to see everyone's interpretation of this swap. What an amazing variety of themes and techniques. I'm lovin' it.

WildGoose
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
ScrapPea, I will need you address!

Lots of fun doing these!

I chose to design cards around 4 different themes - and 3 new movies:

Film Noir, Spaghetti Western, Cult Science Fiction and Hitchcock.

MEDIA is paper collage from digitally designed work

Lost to the Night features a close-up of Jack Palance from Elia Kazan’s Panic in the Streets and
A steamy shot from Detour. The city in the back-ground is Philadelphia ( a bit “noired-over” )

I Quattro Desperados features Chuck Connors ( The Big Country ), Eli Wallach and Clint Eastwood from
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Jack Palance as the soft spoken villian in Shane

Barbarella vs. the Son of the Blob features a 1952 Jello ad for the Blob, a publicity still from Vadim’s Fonda film and a tsunami courtesy of the NOAA.

Hitchcock Tribute …is just that; made up of imagery called to mind from different films

A favourite movie moment:

Eli Wallach’s bath scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Wildgoose, fab fab fab cards! I am PM'ing my address.

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Note everyone: I'm on vacation the rest of this week and the mail is officially on hold. Not sure if I'll have easy internet access, and doing stuff from my phone is only so enjoyable. :) I'll be sure to update this thread ASAP next week. Thanks for your patience!

ScrapPea
07-20-2011, 10:41 AM
@Tambilina - Awesome cards! Love the collage mix.

ScrapPea
07-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone. I have returned. A great weekend, and a hot one, too. Mail will be delivered today, so I'll update any returns I have. Everyone, be cool and stay cool!

Just Ducky
07-27-2011, 12:26 AM
starting to wonder if my cards have arrived... shouldn't take long as we live in the same state.... I mailed out on the 12th....

SunTrade
07-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Everyone's cards for this swap are very cool!:jiggy:

ScrapPea
07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Just received cards from Just Ducky. They have probably been sitting on my pile of mail for a few days. Sorry about that. Nonetheless, they are awesome to behold. Thank you for the extra card...which one, which one...?

I'm trying to teach Zentangle classes in my area, and I've spent a lot of time getting samples ready, emailing, mailing, and demo'ing. Oh, did I mention that I'm...in Detroit-Speak..."self-employed" these days, so looking for something anything. It's a good thing I have Zentangle and ATCs to forget about life for awhile.

ScrapPea
07-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Super-great cards also arrived from dsign49. Thanks for the extra card. Looking at the movie snacks makes me wish I hadn't eaten dinner.

Of course, one thing has nothing to do with the other.... :)

ScrapPea
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Of course, I should have waited before opening ALL my mail--quite a backlog here, some of it hidden beneath bills. (A hint from my husband?) Cards arrived from WildGoose. Thank you for an extra hostess card. I'm glad you had so much fun with these--I can tell!

ScrapPea
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
The weekend brought a plethora of mail - swaps, trades, returns. Wow! Received those great cards from Tambilina. Thanks so much for the extra card.

Went to see Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows part 2 this weekend. We have an IMAX close to us--two, actually--and seeing a film in IMAX knocks the socks of anything in what's called "Real 3D." That said, I much prefer movies with a plot, ones that are a success without the need for visual gimmicks.

THAT being said, I love special effects! (Best when tastefully used as part of the plot.) All of that, the HP movie in IMAX rocks!! Followed true to the book, including that sap at the end. :( (If you haven't read the book, I won't spoil it other to say that the ending sap is just too...too...unneccessary.)

Hope you all had a good weekend. Just about two weeks left to send the cards in. Let me know if you have any issues.

katrinabean86
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Now that the APC athon is winding down, I'll be working on these soon :)

Just saw the movie "Marty" for the first time. Omg so cute. Everyone go watch it :) Ernest Borgnine is awesome. I might do one of my cards based on it.

MelanieS
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
So sorry, but I am going to have to drop out. :(

ScrapPea
08-05-2011, 01:31 PM
MelanieS, so sorry to see you go. Do take care.

I'm sending a PM to mem73 to find out if she is still interested.

katrinabean86
08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Been busy but I'm buckling down and finishing these up today or tomorrow :)

ScrapPea
08-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Yay! I know you've been busy with school and stuff. bet it feels good to take an art break.

katrinabean86
08-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh my...okay so I haven't finished the cards O.o but you're not far so I'm hoping to get them out tomorrow and they should be there on time.

katrinabean86
08-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Okay got my cards done, and even made a host card :D woot. So, the two that have no words I'm sure about, but I'm not so sure about the other two. Hope they're okay, considering they are just quotes from the movies. In 'Marty', he's about to call the girl when he says that line, that's why I drew the phone. Btw I need your address too.

katrinabean86
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Wanted to send them from campus today but they took the mailbox out! :( So they will be out tomorrow for sure.

ScrapPea
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
@Katrinabean86 - The college removed a mailbox? Well, who in this world sends real mail anyway.... *humph* Those are great cards. I can't wait to see them!

ScrapPea
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi there, everyone. It's one week to SWAP TIME! I am still waiting on a few card sets, so let me know if you are still participating. :)

katrinabean86
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
@Katrinabean86 - The college removed a mailbox? Well, who in this world sends real mail anyway.... *humph* Those are great cards. I can't wait to see them!

I know. I'm sure it's because of lack of use...but still! Letters are so much fun to get in the mail. Too bad stamps are so expensive now.

ScrapPea
08-13-2011, 12:51 AM
mem73 couldn't make the swap, so I'm PM'ing Blanche who is #2 on the waiting list.

SunTrade
08-13-2011, 01:21 AM
The date is soon here! I can't wait for these returns. Love the idea of the swap!

ScrapPea
08-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks, Suntrade! Glad you are enjoying this swap. I sure am. I have all the cards in a binder and showed it to my friend last night. How cool was that! There will be some fantastic returns. Wait--did I say "some"? No no no no no...everyone will get awesome returns!!

Blanche is not able to enjoy this premiere event, so this is the crowd.

ScrapPea
08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi. Just an FYI--the due date is this Wednesday. We had a super-light mail weekend, so I'm hoping mail will resume its usual volume today. I'll post whose mail I've received ASAP.

SunTrade
08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Katrina, I love your OZ shoes card the best!

ScrapPea
08-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Fun cards arrived from momoruth and Katrinabean86! Just one more set and we'll be swappin'!

ScrapPea
08-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Okay everyone...a doctor's appointment yesterday kept me from telling you all this...but it's SWAP DAY!!!

Yep, everything's gettin' done. It's been a delight to store this wonderful art in my binder and show off to everyone. And to me! What a treat you are all in store for!

They'll be in the mail by Saturday.

Just Ducky
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
super... got a fresh supply of movie popcorn so I am ready for my close-up ...

WildGoose
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Great news, ScrapPea!:D

Just Ducky
08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I also got my hot movie tickets today... great cards all... and ya all gonna love what
ScrapPea sent us... great ... and thanks Tambilina I couldn't think of the correct name...
Cast Card... perfect... also from......

WildGoose.....spaghetti Westerns.. sure loved them oldies...
dsign49....Old Yeller.... nother one of the super greats..
Momoruth..... snack time... your 2 of 4.. and right in time for my ol' movies..

again thank you ScrapPea... smooth and fast swap.. ya did good gal.

ScrapPea
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Yay! Cards are arriving!! Yay Yay Yay

katrinabean86
08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Yay! I got my cards :D SO glad I was able to make cards for this in the nick of time. I love the host gift! What a cute idea, Diana! Anyway, my other thanks goes to SunTrade (have to do a lot of reps before I get to give you more!), Alanabanana, and Enotneicna. Love my cards! Going to give you all official thanks!

SunTrade
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Awesome cards arrived today! Ruining to leave you rocks and trader! :jiggy:

alanabannana
08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
cards in from dsign49, maggiebloom and suntrade!

dsign49
08-28-2011, 01:59 PM
My cards are just in time for my great day of watching movies. I received cards from
alanabannana, momoruth and Enotneiena. Thanks for the great cards. BIG thank you to our host.

ScrapPea
09-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Yay! More cards are finding their movie stars!

Thank you, everyone, for making my first swap a great one!

WildGoose
09-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I just found out I'm a star!;)
Thanks to ScrapPea!:jiggy:
Thank-you for that!

Also, to:
Just Ducky for her Retro Western card,
maggiebloom for a ticket to Casablanca and
Katrinabean for her LoveActually heart

ScrapPea
09-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Yay!!!! Everyone received their cards! I am working on a gallery for the images, but I have catching up to do here (cards, reps, etc etc...you know what I mean). I'll post here the link when done AND will email each of you in case you've unsubscribed. I'll close the thread a day or two after that. THANKS for playing and making my first swap an awesome one!!!