PDA

View Full Version : Science Fiction -Movies, TV Shows, Aliens, Starships, ALL SCI-FI goes! Due August 20

SunTrade
06-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Swap Due Date –: August 20, 2011
Withdraw: July 22, 2011
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12

Many of you know that I am a HUGE science fiction fan, so I decided to jump in here with this swap. My favorite shows are Stargate , and Star Trek, but anything sci-fi – ish, and fantasy goes. From TV shows, to movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, I Robot, Mars Attack, Marnia, Farscape, Roswell, Aliens, Androids. The list is endless.

All I ask is that do your best work - I plan to swap like for like, as much as I can. This is my first time hosting a swap! So this is limited to 12 people. But I will take a few for a wait list if I get more than 12 people, in case someone withdraws. I am also giving plenty of time because there are lots of swaps going on, so you have time to make your cards.

Medium is hand drawn,hand painted. colored, or collage, but no embelishments please.

Please read the following details:
•Shipping: Please send a LARGE label and a minimum of .44 cents (preferably .61) for US residents. International I will pay for the first 3. I will provide the envelopes.
•Make sure your cards are the standard 3.5x2.5 size and properly secured in individual sleeves. I prefer you do not tape your cards, but if you must, please use very little
•If you need to withdrawal just let me know by the withdrawal date in case there is someone on the waiting list, and they have time to make their cards.
•Please remember to clearly write your user name and the swap name on the back of all your cards, so you can get you rock points, and on the back of your mailing envelope. Please remember to do the back of the envelope, as I have entered many swaps, and I am constantly receiving returns.
•An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated but is not required.

PM me for my address when you are ready to send!

I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and you rock points for the artists whose cards you received.

Above all have fun!!

Participants:
0. Me, me me!
1. tamalece - Received
2. ScrapPea - Received
3. WildGoose - Received
4. TF Balding - Received
5. Junior's Mom - Received
6. Dilys - Received
7. scwk0511 - Received
8. debs913 - Received
9. Jennie - Received
1 Stonehaven_sunrise - withdrew
10. shewolf36 - Received
11. KentuchyDakota- Received
12. Threshold90 - Received

Waiting List:
Threshold90
2. Linda4atc
3. trekaroo
4. CostumeGal
5.Garneteve

Samples of cards that fit the theme:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6597/kirkkk.jpg http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/9440/locutus.jpg http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9337/drmckay.jpg http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2305/marsattack.jpg

tamalece
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
make it so.... (please add me)

ScrapPea
06-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Like I can say no to this one.... ;)
I saw Star Wars in the movie theater...that's the original one, mind you...and just adored it. And after mom was so sad about ST:Wrath of Kahn, I was forced to take her to see Search for Spock. THAT'S when I fell in love with ST. (It was the tribbles.)

*just when I thought I was getting caught up with my swaps...*
Please sign me up!!

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 12:59 AM
yeah!

Welcome tamalece, and ScrapPea

WildGoose
06-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I was brought up on ye olde originals of Outer Limits, Twilight Zone and StarTrek...and chose a tongue-firmly-in-cheek Trek theme for the Iluvnerds swap.....collage design is where it's at for me ..... so glad to hear it's OK for your swap here - would like to join!:jiggy:

(PS- August 20th a great deadline date)!
PPS- Congratulations on being a host !

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 01:35 AM
WildGoose WELCOME. Thanks for joining.

The Twilight Zone is still one of my favorite shows! I always watch the marathons on the holidays!

P.S. I love the date because it was my dads birthday whom I adored! So I am honoring him with something that makes me happy!

TF Balding
06-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Ooo! Ooo! Oooo! Add me! Add me! :)

ScrapPea
06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Of course! I've seen the animated Kirk card before here! I recall thinking "oh, yeah...that...it's true to life; who else would remember that...?" Twilight Zone: that episode about the guy with glasses and all the books STILL gives me creeps. I think there is goning to be some great conversation in this thread as we progress.

I think the date is awesome.

scwk0511
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
please add me! I was a Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock and Night Gallery junkie as a kid!

debs913
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Beam me up, SunTrade!

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Awesome! WELCOME everyone!

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8259/big20hug.gif

I have added you to the list!

Jennie
06-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh SunTrader, I hope that I'm not too late. I really love tribbles

stonehaven
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Please sign me up!!!!

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Of course! I've seen the animated Kirk card before here! I recall thinking "oh, yeah...that...it's true to life; who else would remember that...?" Twilight Zone: that episode about the guy with glasses and all the books STILL gives me creeps. I think there is goning to be some great conversation in this thread as we progress.

I think the date is awesome.

Yeah, Sometimes I still watch the animated series. I am a total geek when it comes to Star Trek! have never done the dressing up or anything like that though, but I did go to Vegas before they close the rides. They were so cool, is a shame they closed them.

That twilight episode is amazing. i remember it too.
There are so many good stories in the twilight episodes! How about the woman that need plastic surgery because she was too ugly and turns out everyone else looked like pigs? Oh and the one where aliens come to earth "to serve man" and turns out it was a cook book! Yikes!

shewolf36
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I'll join - sign me up please

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I added you up! Thank you so much for joining! :jiggy:

kentuckydakota
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh I can't resist! Please add me!

Threshold90
06-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Id love to join my friend ;)

Linda4atc
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Ohh Darn looks like you have your 12 people. I love the sample cards. I am a HUGE SciFi fan.

I Love StarTrek. I too was able to go on the Vegas ride a couple of times. But the first was sooo fun. We were with a friend from Australia. He was not the type to follow directions. Even though they said to keep your hands inside and don't touch anything he started touching things an right away the thing started going haywire. ROFL It was of course just the programming for the ride, but the timing was so perfect that none of us was sure that he hadn't started it somehow.

Jennie
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh the ride! I loved it once. Of course my husband and youngest daughter went on it 10 or 12 times in a row. I parked myself in a seat and waved each time they went around.

I'm so glad I saw this in time. Too bad it's only a 12 person swap. After I signed up earlier I went and drew creatures from 4 syfy movies I like. But I definetly included trouble with tribbles, and them falling on captain Kirk's head. Wow, was he young then. Of course I'm not getting any older.

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I am so sorry Threshold90 and Linda4atc.

I am only allow 12 since is my first swap, but I have put you on the waiting list.

:(

SunTrade
06-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I also did the ride several times in a row! :embarrassed:

So funny about your friend from Australia. My friend was another fan, and she was so scared at the Borg ride! I kind of new what it was, because it was similar to the terminator one in Orlando!

I was thinking of the rides and thought that Terminator, Back to the Future, and ET would all make cool cards.

Wish I had time for all of them! :twitcy:

Linda4atc
06-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Well you could make the extras and do personal trades after you make the swap card ;)

AtlantaShoegirl
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry I missed out on this swap. I'm a sci-fi girl. Love Stargate and SG-1. Wormholes and Apophis, of course Thor was my fave!! :D

Jennie
06-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I have them all drawn now I just have to put the color. I got a little excited about this one and did it out of date order. So glad I found it in time

SunTrade
06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I wish I could fit everyone! I am so sorry. atlantaShoegirl....

SunTrade
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
I sure will make some extras! :jiggy:

SunTrade
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I have them all drawn now I just have to put the color. I got a little excited about this one and did it out of date order. So glad I found it in time

OMG That is quick! I can't wait to see them!

scwk0511
06-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Here are my cards....

SunTrade
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
scwk0511 I love your cards! They are just great!

The perspective on the last one is pretty cool.

ScrapPea
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Before mom passed away, I took her to Vegas for The Star Trek Experience. She has pictures with a Borg and a Klingon. He growled at her! A klingon hit on me at a ST convention back when I was in high school. Invited me up to his room. Was I a smokin' chick or what?!? (Yes, I was in costume, Wrath of Khan era.)

So I'm out with my husband this weekend as he shops for used CDs. I wander around the store and find two ST novels and a bunch of comic books. I bough the books and a few comix. OMG - the ads in there are hysterical! So he asks me about them and I tell him for a swap (and future cards, of course). He says, "Nothing for you?" "Yes, I get cards in return, so these are for me."

After all this, will I even do ST cards...? So many choices....

SunTrade
06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Before mom passed away, I took her to Vegas for The Star Trek Experience. She has pictures with a Borg and a Klingon. He growled at her! A Klingon hit on me at a ST convention back when I was in high school. Invited me up to his room. Was I a smoking' chick or what?!? (Yes, I was in costume, Wrath of Khan era.)

So I'm out with my husband this weekend as he shops for used CDs. I wander around the store and find two ST novels and a bunch of comic books. I bough the books and a few comics. OMG - the ads in there are hysterical! So he asks me about them and I tell him for a swap (and future cards, of course). He says, "Nothing for you?" "Yes, I get cards in return, so these are for me."

After all this, will I even do ST cards...? So many choices....

ScapPea, that is a wonderful story about your mom, Because I lost my dad 4 years ago, and I cherish those moments so much. They happy ones, the ones where he smiled.

So funny a Klingon had a crush on you! :twitcy: You know, I leaned in Voyager that they smell pretty musky, probably not so good..... :biglaugh:

Wow, I wish you could scan some of those comic books ads, I so would love to see them!

tamalece
06-23-2011, 02:27 AM
I just posted mine in my gallery.

SunTrade
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I just posted mine in my gallery.

tamalece I love your cards and your spin on them! They are all very cool, specially your take on Woody Allen! :twitcy: Futurama ... oh yes!

Jennie
06-26-2011, 08:54 PM
ok here are my cards
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Jen_Picts_6-26-11_045.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Jen_Picts_6-26-11_044.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Jen_Picts_6-26-11_043.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Jen_Picts_6-26-11_042.jpg
They are yoda, the Ambasador from Mar's attack, A worm guy from Men in Black, and Captain Kirk, trouble with tribbles

Jennie
06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh I remember the ads from the comic books when I was little. That would be a great swap. I just googled it there are a million on the internet. Look here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=comic+book+ads&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1063&bih=617&wrapid=tlif130913662650910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Even better do them from the decade that you were born. I saw one in there from 1950's that was for cigarettes and one for liquor. So funny

SunTrade
06-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Jennie! Your cards are fantastic! :jiggy:

My favorite star trek episode ever after the city of the edge of forever is trouble with tribbles! MMmmm. hard to pick my favorite card.

SunTrade
06-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Oh I remember the ads from the comic books when I was little. That would be a great swap. I just googled it there are a million on the internet. Look here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=comic+book+ads&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1063&bih=617&wrapid=tlif130913662650910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Even better do them from the decade that you were born. I saw one in there from 1950's that was for cigarettes and one for liquor. So funny

Those ads are so funny! I agree it would make a very cool swap, so if you get it started, please let me know before it fills up! Is a way that is like one of those things where everything change, but it all stays the same ...

But!, are you sure you want to give your age away? Is there not a secret code between women about that? :mask:

TF Balding
06-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Gr8 Yoda, Jennie!!! Good to know i'm not the only Star Wars fan in a room fulla Trekies, lol! ;)

kentuckydakota
06-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Can we be both? I think I've never met a Sci Fi series I didn't like.(except the Battlestar Galactica remake- Starbuck as a woman? Please!)
Love the Yoda Jennie. He's my fave. They're all really great though!

SunTrade
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I also like both! What can I say .. I agree with you Kentucky Dakota! And actually Battlestar Galactica is probably the only series I have never seen.

Jennie
06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
I didn't like the new Battlestar Gallactica either. Not only was starbuck a woman she was a really lousy actress. DH loves anything scify. He watched them all.

Suntrade, that only goes until you're 50 and then you can do one of 2 things. First, 50 becomes the 25 anniversary of your 25 birthday. Or you can wear it like a badge, "I made it to 51 the alturnative isn't good."

SunTrade
06-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Well, I guess I am going to be 25 forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes::shocked::twitcy::P:jiggy::notworthy:

SunTrade
06-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I didn't like the new Battlestar Gallactica either. Not only was starbuck a woman she was a really lousy actress. DH loves anything scify. He watched them all.

At least you are lucky, because mine only watches cowboys movies. Mainly the old ones, all the time ......

TF Balding
06-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Hmmm.... not a big Star Trek fan (i like the old one, but dont quiz me cause i wont remember, lol) but i love me some John Wayne! Can i be a cowboy hat wearin sci-fi girl? Lol...

SunTrade
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Hmmm.... not a big Star Trek fan (i like the old one, but dont quiz me cause i wont remember, lol) but i love me some John Wayne! Can i be a cowboy hat wearin sci-fi girl? Lol...

On sci fi you can be anything you want !!!!!!

You may like a series call fire fly. If you have netflix I think you can watch it on your computer. Unfortunately it got canceled. and they were only like 11 episodes. But it was like a cowboy of the future! Where only USA and China survived (wow the writers not ahead of their time LOL).

BTW The guy that plays the pilot if from Texas, and I think he went to the Collin county community college!

TF Balding
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Hmmm.... someone compared a card i did to a Firefly character. I MUST check this out, lol.... :)

Linda4atc
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Lovely cards Jennie!

Firefly is an awsome series. It was too bad that it got cancelled. I bought the series on DVD a few years back for my husband.

SunTrade
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
So I was looking at the internet memes for another swap, and i came across this. I thought it was so funny, figured I shared.

There is a five minute website of short stories of star trek, of course, all changed. !

:twitcy:

http://www.fiveminute.net/startrek/

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4733/inspcaptkirk5.jpg

From the return of the archons :
" Captain's Log: Another day, another culture scarred for centuries thanks to my interference.

Spock: The computer built by Landru was indeed an impressive feat of engineering, Captain. Quite fascinating.
Kirk: True, but it still wasn't as impressive a feat of engineering as me. I'm truly a marvel of humankind.
Spock: If you say so, Captain.
Kirk: Number of supercomputers outsmarted by Spock: zero. Number of supercomputers outsmarted by Kirk: one.
Spock: But I was the one who told you that logic puzzle in the first place.
Kirk: Sorry, Spock, can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Spock: But --
Kirk: Awesome!
Spock: Sigh.
(The Enterprise warps off at Ludicrous Speed)

THE END
"

tamalece
06-30-2011, 10:45 PM
:twitcy:

kentuckydakota
07-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Ah James T- how can we resist that awesomeness :D

Linda4atc
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Ah James T- how can we resist that awesomeness :D

LOL I would have a harder time resisting Riker and even Picard :D and Tasha Yar could answer some very intriguing questions about Data. :swoon::laugh:

kentuckydakota
07-01-2011, 01:13 PM
:D lol
OO, la, la. Forgot about those next gen hunks!

WildGoose
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
AH, yes, Jim-Bob!

Here he is -transformed into a higher being, I might add -from the iluvnerds swap I was in last year

Will was in town a few weeks ago for the ComiCon Convention...ads headlined "Shatting with Shatner"

debs913
07-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Shaun Tan won the Locus award for art (Locus is a SF magazine). Check out his stuff! http://www.shauntan.net/

debs913
07-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh and I was feeling silly last night and Photoshopped this http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7556/2_debs913_SpockBaby_sf.jpg

SunTrade
07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
trekaroo I will put you on the waiting list. I wish I could accomodate everyone! I love the shows you mentione too!

debs913 That is hilarious!
Guys I always thought the originals where waaaaay better than the next generation guys.

But I did meet some of the cast of the nest generationat a comic con. I met Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, and John de Lancie. They were all really nice, excet for Spiner. He had a really bad attitude like he was too special. Bit the other guys were really nice, specially they guy that plays Wolf. And Frakes is quite the handsome man.

de Lancie and Dorn are sooooo tall! Specially Dorn, he is like 6.5 or something, and he was such a gentleman and very sweet.

SunTrade
07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Jennie your amazing cards arrived today!

SunTrade
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
scwk0511 your fabulous cards arrived today!

:jiggy:

CostumeGal
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Can I be on the wait list please!

TF Balding
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
My first card is in my gallery...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9318/1_IMG957611.jpg

SunTrade
07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
TF Balding love the card!

CostumeGal I am adding you to the list. I so wish I could fit all......

debs913
07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Tanya that is really well done!!! Cool :)

SunTrade
07-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Because I want to be the coolest of all hosts :cool::jiggy::idea:, I decided to make a host gift card. Granted they are cute simple little green girls and boys. So everyone will be receiving one.

Here is a preview of some:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9468/twistyaliens5.jpg

kentuckydakota
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Oh get out! Those are FABULOUS! And I love the backgrounds!

RachelMarie
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM
How did I miss this!!?! Nooooo! I'm too late. lame! This is an awesome theme!!

TF Balding
07-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Awww SunTrade you rock!!! Those are so freakin kool!

SunTrade
07-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank you guys! Glad you all like them. All the kids in the pool where starring at me drawing this past week!

SunTrade
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
tamalece your very cool cards have arrived!

stonehaven
07-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Those rock, SunTrade!! I'd better get a move on my cards, now, huh? I just don't know what to do! Gotta dig out the Doctor Who and start getting inspired. :)

SunTrade
07-11-2011, 04:16 PM
ohh I love Dr Who. Specially these ones: I am not sure what number they are! :twitcy:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9033/s406wal12.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6170/charninthdoctor.jpg

stonehaven
07-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Ten and Nine! Nine in my favourite, hands down. Eight was my first. :)

kentuckydakota
07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh Gosh guys I love DR. Who! Wouldn't mind getting one in the swap-hint, hint ;) I made an Ood for the swap. (I love an Ood) Wish nine had done more than 1 season.

stonehaven
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree. I believe he left to work on Heroes, but they wrote his character out of that really fast. I'm kinda hoping they find a way to get Chris Eccleston back in Doctor Who.

SunTrade
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
With all the time I have waiting for my son to go through his sports day, I made many cards ...... Gosh, I need to find me a job!

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9808/st0003.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9679/scifif.jpg

Jennie
07-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Suntrade, maybe art is your job. You just have to figure out a product that will sell. The cards are wonderful, and thank you for being such a wonderful host

kentuckydakota
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow those are great! Would have taken me a good month to get through that many!

Linda4atc
07-13-2011, 01:31 PM
SunTrade your cards are Fab! The little green men are adorable!

SunTrade
07-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Suntrade, maybe art is your job. You just have to figure out a product that will sell. The cards are wonderful, and thank you for being such a wonderful host

Thanks Jennie, and everyone! You are all too kind!

I have tried to make a living our of selling my paintings, but since the economy has been so bad, so has my art related income!:(

TF Balding
07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Ugh, dont I know it! I used to make a nice bit of money on the side of my real job painting murals. No one is very worried about murals in this economy, though. :(

Jennie
07-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Wait Tanya you get paid for painting murals? you mean someone pays for your materials and time. HMMMM... I doing something wrong. Every kid I know has a fabulous bedroom with what ever he or she wants from trees and birds with clouded blue ceilings, to dinosaures and terrain, I have 2 identical princess get aways, you guessed it twins. Star wars, Fish, fish were popular a few years ago, oh I can't even think of them all. Never got a penny for any of them. Now I couldn't stand long enough to do a room, that's why I switched to glass mosaics and ATCs

TF Balding
07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Lol, i started with the rehab facility i work for currently (didnt then, all i did for 2yrs straight was paint murals for them) and jobs started lining up from employees there and word of mouth, you know? It wasnt stable so i got a real job. But it was nice getting paid to do what i wanted 2. :)
my family and friends though? They have stacks of my paintings(my stand by for baby, wedding, birthday, and xmas gifts, lol). I did our church nursery, too (for free of course).
*sigh* i miss getting paid to paint.

SunTrade
07-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I also did a couple of murals for new homes I got paid for, and have sold a couple of oil painitngs... but that is it.

I have this teacher that he is really good and even calls himself a "master". He told me he had not sold a painting in 5 years!

TF Balding
07-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Welp, if a master aint sellin i'm pretty sure i'm screwed 2, lol. Oh well. I can paint pro bono for friends n family and still keep my sanity in tact. :)

debs913
07-14-2011, 10:29 PM
I decided to do my favorite...Leonard Nimoy as Spock. Cards include: original series Mr. Spock in pen and ink, evil Spock from the original series in illustration marker, Commander Spock from the Star Trek films, and Ambassador Spock from the latest film.

Mr. Nimoy has just the best face to draw! I really enjoyed doing him.

stonehaven
07-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Mirror Spock! Woot!!!
I may just have to do a Bones card to balance these!!

SunTrade
07-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Debs those are awesome! Specially the evil side of Spock! All of them are so cool!

SunTrade
07-15-2011, 06:14 PM
KentuchyDakota your cards made it safely! They are very cool! I specially like wold and R2D2!

Linda4atc
07-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Well SunTrade here are the cards I made for our trade...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/36_My_Art_001.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/23_My_Art_002.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/10_My_Art_003.jpg

Hope that you like them...

SunTrade
07-16-2011, 01:19 AM
They are so cool!:jiggy:

kentuckydakota
07-16-2011, 03:33 AM
K-9!!!

debs913
07-16-2011, 10:54 AM
K-9 Rocks!

Jennie
07-16-2011, 03:30 PM
ooo great work everyone

WildGoose
07-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Took the ALL SCI-FI goes! phrase to heart...and decided to do comics!
My bro and I were big superhero fans when we were kids, and I decided to design my own brand ...Spaceball

Using old 1950's era Planet comics as inspiration,
I did some new back-grounds/re-coloured some others and swapped around some characters/re-named them with new covers for a new image...;) ( the Spaceball image )!

Media:
Digitally designed, but certain layers separated so as to cut out and paste down and make into a collage format, with some added gel pen-work

Will need you address, SunTrade!

Introducing SpaceMaiden and Princess Zara...

SunTrade
07-16-2011, 06:38 PM
WildGoose I love your cards!

I had a boyfriend that called me an amazon...so I would have to be the brunette one!:twitcy:

Sending you my address via PM!

Linda4atc
07-16-2011, 07:46 PM
This is soo freaky, I would think it was April Fools Day. I posted those three Dr Who cards last night from my desktop. I was just on my laptop and the young doctor had been replaced here and in my gallery with a sparrow card I made ages ago for a stamp-a-thon. I do not even think that card is in my gallery anymore.

I switched back to my desktop to fix it, (my desktop is the only one hooked up to my scanner) and the Doctor is back right where he belongs!

TF Balding
07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Wildgoose those comic cards FREAKIN ROCK!!!!!

SunTrade
07-17-2011, 12:13 AM
This is soo freaky, I would think it was April Fools Day. I posted those three Dr Who cards last night from my desktop. I was just on my laptop and the young doctor had been replaced here and in my gallery with a sparrow card I made ages ago for a stamp-a-thon. I do not even think that card is in my gallery anymore.

I switched back to my desktop to fix it, (my desktop is the only one hooked up to my scanner) and the Doctor is back right where he belongs!

You won't believe it but I have a camera that if I do not remanme the photo, it will go back to the frist one I took, and I had the camera for a year! I always thought it was like a ghost prank! :twitcy:

I just got me a spanking brand new computer!!!!!! Yeah!!! So maybe that won't happen again .

So yeap, that happens.

debs913
07-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Linda4 ... I bet your browser cache on your laptop hadn't cleared and you were seeing an old page stored on your computer.

Linda4atc
07-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Maybe but I don't think so cause that was an old card and my laptop is pretty new. :unsure: LOL

Can the samething happen on the AFA side of things?

Jennie
07-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Linda the card just was feeling a little left out and wanted you to see it. Mwaahahaha!

Threshold90
07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Lol jennie

SunTrade
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Deb your cool Spock cards made it safely! Thanks for the hostess card! :jiggy:

SunTrade
07-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Linda the card just was feeling a little left out and wanted you to see it. Mwaahahaha!

You are too funny!

Linda4atc
07-18-2011, 09:21 PM

LOL maybe.

SunTrade
07-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Dilys your cards are amazing! They are all so cool!

:D

SunTrade
07-26-2011, 01:10 AM
TFBalding you cards have beamed down safely to my location! :jiggy:

They are even better in real life!

SunTrade
07-26-2011, 02:10 AM

There is a new sci fi movie coming out about cowboys! I think is with Harrison Ford? Can't wait to see it!

debs913
07-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Of course Firefly/Serenity is now the classic Western meets SF genre! What could be better than horses AND spaceships!

Harrison Ford...I love him, but he is getting a tad old for those action pics. I keep joking that the next Indy film will be "Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair of Doom" LOL

SunTrade
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
WildGoose and Dilys your cards made it safely! Thanks for the hostess card. :jiggy:

ScrapPea
07-28-2011, 12:26 AM
*gasp, gasp* she breathes, catching up with the post and all its awesomeness.

SunTrade
07-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Of course Firefly/Serenity is now the classic Western meets SF genre! What could be better than horses AND spaceships!

Harrison Ford...I love him, but he is getting a tad old for those action pics. I keep joking that the next Indy film will be "Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair of Doom" LOL

Firefly was a very cool series. The guy that plays the pilot (the blond one) went to school in the twon next to mine!

I agree about Ford, but I think he is still sexy!

debs913
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh yeah, Ford is handsome.

Alan Tudyk rocks (he's the blond pilot from Firefly). He had a good roll as Alpha in Joss Whedon's short lived series Doll House too. Of course Captain Mal from Firefly is now starring in "Castle", Kylie the engineer is on Battlestar Gallactica, Anora the companion is the queen of the Visitors in "V". River had a roll on Doll House too. I've seen Zoe in a few guest shots and Jane is in "Chuck". (Okay, I'm a fan...I'll admit it :)

stonehaven
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I LOVE Chuck!
I never got the chance to see Firefly, though I really, really want to! I need Netflix

debs913
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Firefly and Serenity (the movie) are both worth having in any SF video collection. We rewatch the whole series at least twice a year...it holds up well (like Star Trek :)

deb

SunTrade
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree! Is a shame ot got canceled so early. Jewel Slate played the doctor the last two years of Stargate Atlantis. She is so likable too!

stonehaven_sunrise I found Firefly when I worked at my local city library. I am guessing in most states they have a DVD collection. ...

Netflix also have it on streaming video. Is only 11 episodes ....

SunTrade
08-07-2011, 12:53 AM
JuniorMom and SheWolf36 your cards have arrived! Thanks for the host card ... all the cards of the swap are amazing!

stonehaven
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Sadly, my muse is NOT cooperating. I can't come up with ANYTHING that I like enough to send to you. I'm so sorry, but I'm going to have to withdraw. :(

SunTrade
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
That is OK. I understand. Hope to see you in the next swap!

SunTrade
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Sure! I also made many extra cards that I can swap with you. Let me know if you are interested.

debs913
08-10-2011, 08:30 PM
So I am getting a new Kelpie pup...the litter whelped last night. First new pup in 7 years, so I am excited. And I've decided on his name........

SPOCK! :)

'cause he will be smart, dedicated, loyal and have pointy ears :twitcy:

SunTrade
08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Deb that is a great idea! My husband promised to buy me two horses when we move back to the country, and I already told him they will be named Jim and Spock!:huh:

Cogratulations on you new puppy!

ScrapPea
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm finishing my cards tonight/tomorrow. I expect they'll be in the mail Saturday morn. (Gotta love my husband who mails packages for me!)

SunTrade
08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
cool! I can;t wait to see them!

ScrapPea
08-13-2011, 09:44 PM
My darling husband put them in the mail this morning ...while I slept in. Ahhhhhhhh...!

@debs913 - GREAT name! I grew up with stuffed animals, but never "a" teddy bear. When I got one for Christmas at age 13 (?), I instantly named him Sehlat!

I'll post my pics when I make time. I, too, made some extra cards. Star Trek ones, and those will be in my gallery at some point when I upload all my For Trade cards. There's barely enough time to finish swaps some weeks let alone post images.... *breathe, breathe*

SunTrade
08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
ScarpPea your very cool cards are here! Thanks for the extra!

I only need to wait for Threshold, and then I will be ready to swap!

Threshold90
08-18-2011, 03:31 AM
*oh hey sry to be the last one, things been busy... the good news is i sent mine yesterday or the day before so should be there by tomorrow or the next day :P n darn i just realized I forgot to take a pic of em, they're all Star Trek tho n a hosty card for you :)

SunTrade
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Awesome! I understand Thres, no pressure, it was such a short deadline for you. I am sure everyone will understand if I have to wait a couple of days for swapping.

Thank you so much for participating! I really appreciate it.

SunTrade
08-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Thres! You awesome very cool cards are here!

I will be swapping this weekend and will mail Monday. Heehaw!

Ginart
08-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Bummer, I missed this one :(

debs913
08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Yippee! Swapping :)

SunTrade
08-21-2011, 11:30 PM
OK guys. I swap all the cards and they are going postal tomorrow.

This was really hard, because all the cards were so good that I wanted to keep them all! :jimlad:

Thanks to everyone that participated, and I hope everyone is happy with their returns.

WildGoose
08-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Looking forward to it, SunTrade!

debs913
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Woo hoo..cards in the mail soon :) Thanks for hosting, SunTrade!

tamalece
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I got my cards today. Thanks Jennie - worm guy rocks. Shewolf - thanks for Stitch, i love the bright colors. Dilys - I got you Past meets Future collage, it's wonderful. And Suntrade, thanks for the alien card. He's a cutie. And I can say without any doubt, you are the best host I ever swapped with. (ok, it's my first swap. :/)

SunTrade
08-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Thank you Dilys and Tamalace! I am happy you are enjoying your returns.:jiggy:

Tamalace, I think I will ignore the parenthesis, and take your sentence at heart! :twitcy:

TF Balding
08-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Got my cards! Yay! Great stuff from Shewolf36: Earth?, Jennie: Yoda!!!! :D, Kentuckydakota: Marvin, and of course the awesome lil alien from Suntrade! Thanks to everybody and especially to Maria for a wonderful swap! :D

debs913
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Well the flying saucers are slowly wending their way North. It's kind of fun tracking their progress by who posts when they get cards!

TF Balding
08-25-2011, 12:23 PM
It always seems odd to me how fast they land at my house, reguardless of where they were launched from... but i'm not complainin! :D

SunTrade
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Glad to now returns are making it! Debs it makes sense that AK will get it faster from my location! Maybe you will get yours today!

debs913
08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Aliens have landed! Love my Spock from Threshold, little green alien and Enterprise from SunTrade and the big scary monster bug from Sandy S.

This was a fun swap Marie, thanks for hosting it :)

kentuckydakota
08-25-2011, 07:24 PM
My cards have beamed in!!! Maria I love my alien girl (i think- pink skirt means girl right? :) )
And thank you so much to talented artists T.F.Balding, Junior's Mom, and Scrap Pea. Some really great art in this Swap!

SunTrade
08-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Happy to know the cards are arriving! :jiggy:

Threshold90
08-26-2011, 04:03 AM
thanks to the awesome host SunTrade, and thank you to the amazing artists suntrade, jennie, debs913, & tamalece whom awesome ATCs ive received. Grt swap suntrade, cant wait to join more of urs!

ScrapPea
08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Yay! Coooool sci-fi cards! I'm catching up on several swaps today, so if I don't leave iTrader or Reps that means I have to spread the lovin' around.'

Great cards from
--kentuckydakota (Klingon USS Enterprise--Yay! I'll have a Klingon card in my gallery when I update.)
--Wildgoose (Space Maiden 2--Love the comic book look)
--Dilys (Iconic Alien--I adore the movie CE3K and this reminds me of that)

...and from our hostess, a cool green alien skimming the stars in his space convertible. Woo hoo!

Jennie
08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Yea I got some really cool card.
First thank you for hosting and for the darling little alien card SunTrade This was a fun one.
Thank you to the artists Threshold, for trekkies, scwk0511, invasion, and Jr.mom, Thankyou all they are great.

SunTrade
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Glad to know they are beaming down!

scwk0511
08-29-2011, 04:30 AM
my cards came in last week, but I have only now been able to get to a computer to say many many thanks to all that made wonderful cards and to our generous hostess, Maria!

WildGoose
09-05-2011, 10:13 PM
My cards came in Friday, but I started work again Thursday and took off for the long week-end ASAP Friday...hope everyone enjoyed theirs, too!

Thank-you's all around to

SunTrade for hosting and the short green man,
scwk0511 for her taller -by an eyeball -1 green man,
tamalece for her Fry/Depp raised eyebrow character and
Kentuckydakota for a close-up R2D2

A Fun time!

SunTrade
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM