PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Herman Overflow, Due August 1, 2011

HHC
06-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Swap Due Date - August 1
Signup/withdraw date - July 15
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 15-ish

Herman has been playing at jaw’s house… and he came to play at my house recently too! Jaw decided he needed some friends, and was only limited to 12 for her first swap! Some of jaw's friends were clamoring about missing out.

And so…. because I adore jaw and Herman and jaw's clamoring friends (and also because I’m a little bit crazy, lol!)…
I am hosting a Friends of Herman Overflow, Due August 1, 2011!

Here are a few Herman cards, so you get to know him:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/3_play_date_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/small/5_atart_004.jpg

Carl, the Vegetarian Cat, and Lucille are some of Herman's friends ...

Handdrawn elements (actually, a handcarved stamp would count!) must be part of your card, but some collage is accepted also.

US Players: Business sized SASE with 44 cent stamp (also a loose 20cent stamp ~ which will be returned if not used)
International Players: please send self addressed business size envelope. I'll cover the postage (if you have a US dollar to contribute it would be greatly appreciated, but if not I'll be more than happy to provide return postage.)

As always, please do your best. We all have different skill levels and I welcome all skill levels here. Please post your cards to the thread so we can all "oooooh and aaaahhh".
Please let me know when you've mailed. I plan to trade out within a day or two of the due date. Late cards will ~ unfortunately ~ be returned to you.

I expect nothing in return as a hostess ~ but you are welcome to send an extra ATC if you feel like it ~

I love the chatter in a swap ... so chat away ...

Please remember: when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points (You Rock!) for the people you received cards from!

Some Guidelines:
* All cards must be standard 3.5” x 2.5”.
* If using embellishments, please keep them VERY light. Otherwise send an extra .60 in postage to cover the cost of mailing.
* Original work only - no copies or prints.
* Each card must be different.
* Please send work you are proud to share with others.
* Send your cards in individual protective sleeves.
* Include swap name, username, real name, and country on the back of all cards.
* Please allow plenty of mailing time! Late cards will be returned

Who's ready to Party with Herman!?!?!

(note that most of the above is a direct quote from jaw's , the creator of Herman and friends, AND host of the original Friends of Herman swap, also due August 1.) :rolleyes:

1. jaw - WA RECEIVED
2. Just Ducky - MI RECEIVED
3. katrinabean86 - CA RECEIVED
4. withdrew
5. Mouseit - Australia RECEIVED
6. Roban Studio - ID RECEIVED
7. SnapPea - MI RECEIVED
8. Donnacr - Australia RECEIVED
9. jaeseals - CA RECEIVED
10. Linda4atc - CA RECEIVED
11. Joss - UK RECEIVED
12. SunTrade - TX RECEIVED

jaw
06-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Here I am!!!! :) pick me!!! LOL

Just Ducky
06-24-2011, 12:35 AM
NO NO... pick me....
and thanks bunches Helen fer taking overflows... just so many Herman lovers here ya know...

HHC
06-24-2011, 12:50 AM
woohoo! Let the second party begin!!!!! :)

katrinabean86
06-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Yay! This is the best idea ever! Lol :) Please sign me up for this! I have a panda, polar bear, and maybe a hamster or two who'd love to be pen friends with Herman lol!

HHC
06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Yay, katrinabean86! Thanks for joining!

citykitten
06-24-2011, 02:53 AM
I am there!

Mouseit
06-24-2011, 03:33 AM
MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I gotta get me some Herman friends and Herman cards..LOL

jaw
06-24-2011, 03:53 AM
How fun this is!!! That silly Herman, he just loves making new friends!

HHC
06-24-2011, 09:16 AM
More Herman fans! Citykitten and Mouseit, thanks for joining!

kentuckydakota
06-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I am sooo over committed on swaps right now but if I can get a couple in the mail would love to add Herman. Best put me down as a lurker and I'll check back in

HHC
06-24-2011, 09:37 AM
kentuckydakota, lurk away. I hope you get your other swaps done so you can play. :)

Roban Studio
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Yay Helen! Thanks for helping out! I was so sad when I saw the swap was closed. Can Wormy and Wormelia come over to play too?

HHC
06-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Definitely, Rhonda! I'm sure Herman and Lucille will get along famously with Wormy and Wormelia!

jaw
06-24-2011, 12:24 PM
OH YIPPEE ~ YAHOO!!!!! Wormy & Wormelia are coming to play!

HHC
06-24-2011, 05:07 PM
This is going to be fun!

BTW... I think I have the list correct now. :)

Blanche
06-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I am here-by challenged as I failed to read the fine print before - hand drawn art - oh Dear!
If ya'll will accept my scribbles, I am in -

It's long past due that Herman meets Zuni, my Most Preciousness, and I will do my best to combine photos of her and hand drawn scribbles to meet the requirements!

Zun-Zunikins has been chomping at the bit to meet Herman, as she is sick and tired of the Birdies that chirp at her no-end and well, we shall see what else there is around here that Herman may be-friend!

(lurking until first card passes approval)!

-Blanche

HHC
06-24-2011, 07:45 PM
LOL! Blanche, I know what you mean about hand drawn. It is definitely outside my comfort zone...and here I am hosting. :laugh:

Hand drawn elements and some collage allowed. If I can do it, you can do it too! ;)

Blanche
06-24-2011, 08:33 PM
HHC,
jaws,
et al.

We shall see - I am not above putting my rudimentary drawing skills 'out there' for the sake of friendship!

Zuni has been watching Herman's every move from the get-go, kitty-cat that she is -

World reknown Zuni is a tigress that actually coined the slogan Zing-Zang-Zoom for the circus, [ok, taking liberties here] she is THE Queen of our household, MOST Preciousness, Princess of Pocahontas, Misstress of the Shrimpies (in a Foodie way), and Diligent Watcher of the Birdies ;) , and it's only right that she and Herman get to know each other!

I will do all I can to make that happen (rudimentary drawing skills and all)!

much love,
-Blanche

ScrapPea
06-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh, yes!!

"no," I tell myself, "do not look at the open swaps." Then I remembered, "Oh, there was one I was looking for." And then I see this! Yes, please count me in. jaw inspired me to create a set of collaged characters (Rocky the Owl and her friends) but I think some new HD/HP Guys may join in this party. Gotta talk to everyone and see who wants to party!

HHC, this is SO NICE of you to do this. You Rock!
Blanche, don't worry about HD/HP skills. We're all here for the fun of it all.

Herman: party animal. He now has two parties to mingle with. Socialite extraordinaire!

HHC
06-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Welcome, ScrapPea! It will be fun to see who actually shows up at the party. :)

Donnacr
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
ME, ME, ME!! I thought that I had a special invite but when I looked at the list in the first post I wasn't there :sad:
If I promise to behave (no, it isn't that sort of party). . . if I promise to MISbehave can I come?????? (pitiful doe-like eyes looking soulfully up at you):wideeyed::cute:

HHC
06-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Hahaha! I didn't want to sign you up until you confirmed it was okay... but I WAS making sure there was space. I'm delighted you want to play.

And seriously, this isn't a party where behaving is encouraged, so you'll fit right in! LOL!

HHC
06-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Okay... here is a work in progress. It's a hand carved stamp, that now I need to finish and figure out which name I like best.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Friends_of_Herman-WIP.jpg

jaw
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh! AWESOME! LOVE IT!

jaeseals
06-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I found myself checking what swaps I had to finish cards for and realized that I had none, so that obviously means for me to sign up for more! Sign me up for this please.

HHC
06-25-2011, 10:05 PM
jaeseals, I like your way of thinking! :) Thanks for playing!

Mouseit
06-26-2011, 12:27 AM
I AM SO GLAD WE CAN ALL MISBEHAVE.. HEEHEE

I am sure I have some alcohicahol somewhere....Oh wait I think I drunked it...Hic.....

Just trying to come upi with a concept that I might be able to carry on.. heehee...

Hic.. Hic.. Yep thats sounds real gtood.....

ScrapPea
06-26-2011, 01:09 AM
@HHC - Will you please add me to the official list? I so want to be in with the In Crowd.

Awesome Fish, BTW.

@jaeseals - NO swaps?!? How did you let that happen? No no noooooooo. Don't do that again! This swap will put you back right.

jaeseals
06-26-2011, 01:22 AM
@ScrapPea I have no idea, I just thought I had more :unsure: It's a very strange relief to be caught up.

HHC
06-26-2011, 01:39 AM
ScrapPea... I have you on my handwritten list! In the right order and everything! I do!

I THINK I have the list right, but please feel free to let me know if not. LOL!

Gosh! I must be a bit tired or stressed this week. Might be that they cut down the trees and removed ALL the vegetation along the creek behind the house for their "vegetation swale" project. :sad: Major energy draw.

HHC
06-26-2011, 01:40 AM
ScrapPea... I have you on my handwritten list! In the right order and everything! I do!

I THINK I have the list right, but please feel free to let me know if not. LOL!

Gosh! I must be a bit tired or stressed this week. Might be that they cut down the trees and removed ALL the vegetation along the creek behind the house for their "vegetation swale" project. :sad: Major energy draw.

jaw
06-26-2011, 03:14 AM
More friends for Herman!!! Yippee!!! :jiggy:

Linda4atc
06-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Helen, please put me on a waiting list. Since I am in the first swap I want to be sure anyone who missed it gets in on this one, but if you end up with room I be there. :jiggy:

Blanche
06-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Spent the magical between times of the day when I can put ideas to paper making hand-painted components for backgrounds. Mixing acrylics for the first time since childhood (magical memories) following old Charleston paint receipts.

HHC
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Linda4atc... I have you "waiting", but I'm also happy to add you to the list regardless. First come first served, is pretty much how it works. :)

HHC
06-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Blanche, you need to tell a bit more about mixing acrylic paints "following old Charleston paint receipts." :)

Just Ducky
06-27-2011, 09:50 PM
well lookie here... what a super bunch of HerMan overflow buddies... Ducks was abit under the weather last few days and having Hermey withdraws...
did I notice a couple LURKers ???? come on gals join the Herman parade... we are marching to toe tapping Herman music... oh wait... does Herman have toes ??? :unsure:

HHC, ya got a name fer ya cutie red fish yet ??? how about... Bubbles' or Puffy' or Flip'
sure is a great stamp and love how you did his bowl...

oh... dang, Donnacr... I sorry. I thought I had sent you message, bad Ducky as I fergot... but so glad you playing with us all..

HHC
06-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Ducky! You've been under the weather? I'm sorry and hope you're feeling MUCH better now! :wub:

jaw
06-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Here are a few friends that came out to play today ...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_herman_friends_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_herman_friends_002.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_herman_friends_003.jpg

Linda4atc
06-28-2011, 09:34 PM
LOL Well I had planned to do an ellephant too... I love thos jaw.

Thank you Helen, let me get the first swap going then I'll descide. :)

jaw
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Elephants run in herds don't they? Always room for more! :)

Just Ducky
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
now how cute are these ?????
JAW, ya killin' me here... what a bunch of critter friends for Herman...

Linda4atc
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok Sign me up please. I sat down to draw today and already have seven sketched out. Including one with a Duck :D LOL

HHC
06-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Cool Linda! Glad you decided it's addicting! :)

Just Ducky
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
DUCK ???? did I read DUCK ???? Linda did a Duck Herman Friend ???

just ran over from JAW's swappy... kinda neat to have Herman and Herman....
I can get Baileys from Jaw and cookies from Helen... or is that the other way around:huh:

gonna have to go hunt down Joss and drag her over here too.... got-a- have Jossie...

Joss
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Nag, nag, nag...that duck sure can nag... I didn't realise I could play in both swaps.
So here I am nagging you Helen -pleeese can I join this one too?

jaw
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHC
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Coolness! You may join! A double dose of Jossie cards!

Linda4atc
06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I have more Herman cards in my gallery or the first swap, if you want to see the rest.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_My_Art_002_6-29-2011.jpg Hero to BuzzBert (Hostess card)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_My_Art_004_6-29-2011.jpg Elenore Hides Her Trunk From Herman

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_My_Art_007_6-29-2011.jpg Baby Gator

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_My_Art_008_6-29-2011.jpg Nice Guy Luke

Joss
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Linda you are having a HF (Herman Fest) LOL

HHC
06-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Linda, they are fabulous!

I want to share some that I've done... for the first swap, just so you see I've been busy! :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_Friends-Spike.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_Friends-Horatio.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_Friends-Snelly.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_Friends-Annie.jpg

Linda4atc
06-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Lovely Helen, Looking foward to the pretty hummingbirds story.

Just Ducky
07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
YHPIIE.... Joss is aboard the Herman overflow train... we just chuggin along...

and Linda, ya did good gal... gotta go check your gallery to drool over the others...but that gator is a kick....

HELEN.... well, lookie here, HHC has is drawing... and lookin' good too... U's good kid..

Just Ducky
07-02-2011, 11:22 PM
ohhh forgot why I was here... I got show and tell.... and now I sad that I didn't put Herman in my cards... I tried a couple times but just didn't work fer me...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Herman__overflow_swap.jpg

HHC
07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Nancy, I love your cards! I especially adore those two birds! :)

Just Ducky
07-03-2011, 12:15 AM
thanks Helen, and kinda hoping the tweet tweets would grab ya... :jiggy:

jaw
07-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Oh Ducky! Your cards are adorable!!!!

Blanche
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't even begin to tell ya'll how much I have had enjoyed your lovely art on this thread and the original one!

Ewe-ness is my fav so far, but Moove Over is a close second and there are many others that crack me up for some much needed laughter!

Thank you for indulging my non-drawing/painting self in this swap - I have put paint to paper for backgrounds and had a blast doing it!

HHC - Charleston black or green is composed of 9/8 parts black to 1/2 parts yellow giving a lovely deep, deep, shade of dark green or black green known as Charleston Green. Still working on that one.

Two so far - What They Said & RSVP:

SunTrade
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
So there is one spot left, and i thought I would play, but I would need to make them like ... today! So there would be there on time.

However, I am at a loss, who is this Herman? Is it Jaw's made up character? Could someone let me knew if I can find a reference somewhere so i can draw?

Blanche
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Yikes! I thought I had a spot - silly me!

I will put put my Friends of Herman Overflow overflows in my gallery for trade and if anyone wants em, pm me!

SunTrade, I have seen your work and can't wait to see what you come up with! The first post spells out the rules & Friends of Herman ATC swap thread should not be missed!

Lovin me some Herman!
-Blanche

SunTrade
07-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Thank Blanche. I understand the terms of the swap. I am just not sure who the character is ???????

HHC
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Blanche and SunTrade. I've have room for both of you, if you'd like to play. 12 was the limit on jaw's swap, but I can bump it up a bit if you want to play. :)

The only rule is "Handdrawn elements (actually, a handcarved stamp would count!) must be part of your card, but some collage is accepted also. "

So, sweet Blanche, figure out something to hand draw with your collage and we should be good. Your cards are too funny!

HHC
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh and SunTrade - check out jaws gallery here (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=2964) to find out a bit more about Herman. He's this fun little mouse that Julie created who does some crazy things and has some crazy friends. :)

jaw
07-05-2011, 10:57 PM
and .... he's lactose intolerant ... :)

and allergic to nuts ...

and agoraphobic ... but got over it ...

Just Ducky
07-06-2011, 12:09 AM
and CUTE.....:jiggy:

Joss
07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
and our bestest frend in the hole world!

SunTrade
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
So I made them today and I think I got them. Hope you like them. I made them rather quickly so they can be on the mail first thing tomorrow.

HHC please wait for them! They shoud get there on the nick of time!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9268/herman1.jpg

HHC
07-06-2011, 07:06 PM
SunTrade, they are adorable! And they are not due until August 1, so no worries!

SunTrade
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I must be out of mind.. I keep a log of the swaps I entered, and I wrote they were due July 13 ...... well, I guess they are done!

Just Ducky
07-07-2011, 12:21 AM
SunTrade, you had me re- checking due date... lol...... the hot Texas Summer Sun is really working on ya gal.... and dang, them are great Herman friends...

Roban Studio
07-07-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm working on the third one, and will post it tomorrow or Saturday.:twitcy:

Joss
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh wow, Wormy and Wormelia are here too. Hope I get one of them.
Hermanfucious has many wise words to offer in my cards:

76461 Hermanfucious says: Rabbit who hops longest, lives longest!

76462 Hermanfucious says: Cat with extra long whiskers, drinks extra long whisky!

76463 Hermanfucious says: Cow with black spots, talks no BULL!

76464 Hermanfucious says: Pig with pink nose, has pink nose!

HHC
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh my! How nice to see wormy and wormelia visiting, even if it doesn't appear to be a successful visit thus far. LOL!

Joss, your Hermanfucious cards are too funny!

SunTrade
07-07-2011, 04:16 PM
SunTrade, you had me re- checking due date... lol...... the hot Texas Summer Sun is really working on ya gal.... and dang, them are great Herman friends...

Tell me about it. I was picking up something outside my yard, and was dumb enough to started trimming some bushes. Boy, I feel like a ran a marathon. It is 105 today.....

Joss and Robin Studio awesome cards!

Just Ducky
07-07-2011, 11:36 PM
ohhh SunTrade, you better get in the house and cool it...:huh: trimming bushes in 105 ???

Rhonda... wonder what hole I been hiding out in.... this is my first time to see your great
Wormy and Wormelia... dang cute gal...

and Jossie...your fucious critters are a real HOOt... loves, them all... (really liking the Cow)

Roban Studio
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
ohhh SunTrade, you better get in the house and cool it...:huh: trimming bushes in 105 ???

Rhonda... wonder what hole I been hiding out in.... this is my first time to see your great
Wormy and Wormelia... dang cute gal...

and Jossie...your fucious critters are a real HOOt... loves, them all... (really liking the Cow)
Thank you so much!!! :jiggy:

Roban Studio
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM

jaw
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
SO cute!!! Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em!!! :)

Linda4atc
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Ohh dang this is a fun swap! So many friends for Herman. I want em all! I really hate bannana slugs but I would gladly invite Wormy and Wormella home!

HHC
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Rhonda, love the disguises. However are they going to get together? LOL!

Just Ducky
07-09-2011, 12:36 AM
hang tight Helen, Herman buddies hit the mail slot today...

and oh my... Wormy's in disguise .... priceless....:huh:

Roban Studio
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM

My cards will be going in the mail next week!

HHC
07-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Great Rhonda! Your cards are delightful!

Linda4atc
07-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I love those Wormys

HHC
07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Linda, what the sam hill is that green chart in your signature? :huh:

Just Ducky
07-11-2011, 12:48 AM
yea... Linda.... what is that green thing....

ScrapPea
07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
These are fab cards! I've done 2 so far, but my husband let out such an "oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh" at my 2nd one that I may need to do another. I'm on vacation the next few days and expect to be inspired at Penn State's Art Fest!!

HHC
07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Pen State has an Art Fest? Delightful! Links? :)

HHC
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Just Ducky, your fabulous friends of Herman arrived today. Thanks for the extra card... you know I have to keep those birdies. :)

HHC
07-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Suntrade, your cool friends arrived today also! Thanks for the extra card, and for the backgrounds! :)

Linda4atc
07-13-2011, 03:24 PM
It's from the allure of neglected dragons site, it is a link to my dragon cave scroll but it updates as the stats change. I can tell when my eggs hatch, and hatchlings grow up, and when I can go get more dragons... I like it better than the DC incubator thing we had in the begining.

HHC
07-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Roban Studio, wormy and wormelia have arrived awaiting their new homes. Thank you for the extra card... oh how will I choose? :)

Mouseit
07-15-2011, 08:21 AM
1. Eric who always sticks his nose in it.

2. Owen the owl who loves to party all night.

3. Cyril who always makes a clown of himself.

4. Monroe the masculine mouse.

heehee Ok I was gunna write stuff on the front of the card, but then I thought that it would spoilt the card so I didn't...:jiggy:

HHC
07-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Mouseit, they are adorable! :)

HHC
07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
By the way, Linda4atc, your cute friends arrived yesterday. I had a bad evening and didn't get my "paperwork" done.
Thanks for the TWO extra cards. :jiggy:

Linda4atc
07-15-2011, 11:27 PM
You are welcome.

Just Ducky
07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
wow.. I almost missed Mouseit's critter/friends... cute and really cute...
but I was thinking maybe a Tasmanian Devil ?????? just saying... after all... it is your home ?
oh no wait... they ain't nice critters are they.... we don't want to scare Herman...

Mouseit
07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
He Ducky.....THEY WOULD EAT HERMAN...heehee and I never gave them a thought. hmmm should have I suppose.....

Mouseit
07-19-2011, 07:06 AM
He Ducky.....THEY WOULD EAT HERMAN...heehee and I never gave them a thought. hmmm should have I suppose.....

HHC
07-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Joss, your Hermanfucious cards have arrived! The wise sayings make me laugh! Thanks for the extra card and the book pages! :)

ScrapPea
07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
@HHC - Yup, it was a good one but it was hot, hot, hot.
http://www.arts-festival.com/
The cool thing about staying in the dorms (we had a room with A/C) was free breakfast in the dining halls...AND Creamery Ice Cream at breakfast.
http://creamery.psu.edu/

ScrapPea
07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Fun cards, Mouseit. I expected to see a mouse friend. but with an owl...? Dangerous unless vegetarian

HHC
07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Just a reminder, we're just under two weeks from the due date. Think about getting your cards in the mail, if they aren't already. :)

jaw
07-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Mine will go out tomorrow morning! :)
This has been so much fun!!! I just love all these cute Friends that have been showing up! Such great imaginations from fabulous artists!!!!

Just Ducky
07-22-2011, 12:54 AM
now ya know, I don't wan-a-bee pickey... but how about some SHOW and TELL, come on
Jaw... ya got all them Herman goodies in your gallery and we don't get to see what is in the mail ?????
and while I on the subject.... HHC ?????

man, it must be this HOT muggy humid stuff that's got me in a mood...:dull:
are any of you gals out there in the far North West getting any of this stuff ???? but I hear it might be better next week... sure hope so, Ducky is plucking feathers left an right and gonna be naked by morning... now that would be a show and tell....:huh:

HHC
07-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Ducky, we are getting cool rainy weather. It's just delightful.... and I'm lying! :wub:

I miss sweating! I wanna be so hot I have to go sit in the shade. LOL!

When the sun comes out, we all run outside and revel in it... it's so far between and for such a short period of time we have to take full advantage. Unfortunately, it's usually not so warm we get uncomfortable by any stretch of the imagination.

I have cute summer sandals I want to wear and I'm growing webbed feet like the Duck! LOL!

katrinabean86
07-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Here are my cards :) I made five because I wanted JAW to have one too...Hope that's okay to send the extras. With the RAK for your son there will be six but I'll be sure to put a bit of extra postage just to be sure.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Ham-Friends_of_Herman_Swap.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Shawn-Friends_of_Herman.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Ophelia-Friends_of_Herman_Swap.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Ping-Friends_of_Herman.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7195/small/1_ATC_Sandy-Friends_of_Herman_Swap.jpg

HHC
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Katrina, I love them! I'll give Julie first choice. :) Thank you!

Just Ducky
07-24-2011, 12:16 AM
oh Katrina, great set... is that a Duck I see ??? with babies ?????

katrinabean86
07-24-2011, 12:30 AM
It was supposed to be a swan until I colored it, haha. So the name on the back says Sandy the Swan, but honestly she's more like a duck ;)

Just Ducky
07-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Katrina... that is so funny... cause I thought it looked more like a swan, but didn't know they came in yellow.....:huh: but then ducks are usually only yellow when they are babies... but Just Ducky never really grew up..... lol

jaeseals
07-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Here are my cards going postal tomorrow!
77731 77732

77733 77734

HHC
07-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Julia, your cards are delightful! The imaginary friend is too clever! LOL!

katrinabean86
07-25-2011, 01:32 AM
I love the frog! :D So cute lol.

jaw
07-25-2011, 01:41 AM
OMG! Those are hilarious Julia!!! Love that imaginary friend! LOL

Donnacr
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I forgot to say that I have sent my cards (express post). I realised that I had forgotten Herman's whiskers after I had scanned him but wasn't going to rescan - so please imagine whiskers on Herman.:embarrassed:

HHC
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Great cards, Donna!

katrinabean86
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh Donna your cards are great! The lettering is really beautiful too :)

HHC
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Fabulous cards have arrived from jaw! Thank you for the extras! :jiggy:

HHC
07-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Also received the cards from Mouseit! They are more adorable in person! Thank you for the extra card (and a cool postage stamp for future use). :)

HHC
07-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Herman gave all his friends a hat for the party
Goldie was so happy Herman gave her a waterproof party hat!
Ollie Owl loved to stay up late, and convinced Boyd Bird he could do it too! Boyd was really tired by the time the moon came out.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_friends-Goldie.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=242510) Goldie http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_friends-Ollie_Owl.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=242509) Ollie http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Hermans_friends-Boyd_Bird.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/1_Hermans_friends-Boyd_Bird.jpg) Boyd

:laugh: I had these cards nearly finished for a few weeks... could not come up with a story for them. Woke up with the party hat idea and there ya go! ;)

HHC
07-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Just a reminder for those who haven't mailed your cards... we're ONE WEEK from the August 1st deadline!

ScrapPea
07-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Thistle is going in the mail today. I'll post pics later when I have more time. she is excited to meet all the other friends!!

HHC
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
We're excited to meet Thistle too! :)

Linda4atc
07-26-2011, 10:17 PM
So many Wonderful Cards. After the swap returns are done, we should turn the original swap thread into a Herman PIF! LOL

Just Ducky
07-27-2011, 12:41 AM
oh Helen.... you's Herman friends are so dang cute with their little hats... and did YOU
draw these sweeties ????? love the lil' Fishie with his "wet" hat...

oh Linda... a Hermey PIF.... what a kick that would be...

jaw
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh Helen! LOVE your cute cards! Boyd is adorable! And Goldie is a stamp! You are so talented!!!! LOVE 'em!

HHC
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Katrina, your adorable "Friends" are here! Thanks so much for the extra. Thanks also for sending a kitty card for my son. :wubclub:

ScrapPea
07-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Here's my friends for Herman: Thistle and friends. We had such fun playing! This is the order in which her adventures began. There will be more of Thistle in the future; my husband adores these!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_2011-HermanFriends-ThistleDreams.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_2011-HermanFriends-Finse.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_2011-HermanFriends-ThistleNaps.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_2011-HermanFriends-ThistlePicnic.jpg

ScrapPea
07-27-2011, 11:04 PM
BTW, I've been so busy catching up on Life that I don't think I've told everyone how ADORABLE your friends for Herman are! Truly! He is one lucky mouse. And we are lucky to be friends with each other! Happy Herman Friends.

HHC
07-27-2011, 11:20 PM
ScrapPea, Thistle and company are adorable!

HHC
07-30-2011, 01:34 AM
jaeseals, your adorable friends arrived today! Thank so much for the extra! :)

jaw
07-30-2011, 10:48 AM
reading back through the thread a bit ... what fabulous friends. I'm in awe.
Thank you Helen for expanding Herman's group of friends. xoxo

HHC
07-30-2011, 10:50 AM
My pleasure! Whatcher doing for your next swap, jaw? ;)

jaw
07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
LOL ... I'm just not sure ... Maybe one of those "decorate a pig" type of things - I did an elephant one too I think - no. it was a pig. I was thinking of doing the moose one. but didn't ... maybe I'll draw Curly Ram and have everyone decorate him ... I don't know! Gonna have to think on it a bit.

katrinabean86
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
:D Scrappea! SO cute. Hedgehog....awww.

Just Ducky
07-30-2011, 02:24 PM
lovin' all I seein' seems we all love cute critters... it must be the child in us... one is never toooo old .....

oh oh oh ... Jaw... dress a critter... great idea... I vote for pig...

HHC
07-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Woohoo! Two envelopes today!

ScrapPea, Thistle has arrived! Thanks for the extra card. :wub:

HHC
07-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Donnacr, Your Aussie critters are here as well! Thanks for the host card. :wub:

I had to look up banksia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksia)... and now I know what it is. Most unusual! :D

HHC
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
And I just realized all the cards are here, so I can start swapping. :jiggy:

I'll try to get it done tomorrow so I can put in the mail Monday... I'm mid-project and my sorting table is full so need to get that cleared off first. :wub:

Donnacr
07-31-2011, 02:14 AM
I am so glad that they made it in time! I couldn't resist giving Herman some Australian friends - the Banksia men are some of the baddies in May Gibbs' set of stories about Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, the gumnut babies (the Banksia men are the evil henchmen of Mrs Snake).
The popular name for the banksia tree is the 'bottlebrush' as that is what its flowers look like - they come in the most beautiful reds and dusky oranges, tipped in yellow. The birds and bees love the flowers.

ScrapPea
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Glad Thistle and all arrived promptly. She is now strutting around here, little diva with her own line of ATCs. Even Finse is a bit smug. In case you didn't check out my gallery, here's the real-life inspiration for the cards:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_2011-Thistle-RealGuys.jpg

katrinabean86
08-01-2011, 12:57 PM
lol ScrapPea those are so cute! :) How'd you come by them? I never thought to use my stuffed animals but what a good idea. Kind of wish I had now (I uh...sleep with two still haha)

HHC
08-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay kiddies! The buddies are swapped, and envies all ready to be mailed when I run out to the library in a bit.

With the exception of jaw... who has to wait until tomorrow as I have something else I want to send and won't have it all ready in time. :P

HHC
08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I must say, the cards were all fabulous. Not a bad friend in the bunch, although there were a couple of "scary" ones. LOL!

Isn't it nice to know you have good friends? Herman must be so pleased. :)

Just Ducky
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
who could resist being a friend of Herman... them eyes just talk to ya ....
Helen so glad you added MORe friends with our overflow Herman swap...

jaw
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh Helen .. you are so awesome! This has been fabulous. Thank you. thank you for doing this! (it's all Ducky's fault! She cajoled you into it! LOL)

Just Ducky
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Herman friends are here... I got an Elephant hiding his trunk and a couple worms dressed as mice... and a really hoppin rabbit... now this place is really lookin like a ZOO...

thanks going out to....
Linda4atc..(elephant)
JOSS...(fast as a bunny)
Roban Studio...( worms in disquise)
and of coarse to our hostess.... Helen.... ya did super gal.. I am overflowed...

HHC
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Yay! The returns are arriving!

Roban Studio
08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm checking my po box today! I'm so excited to see what arrived! More later~

Roban Studio
08-05-2011, 10:45 PM
I received my cards today! They are so very cute! Thank you to Helen, Donna, and Julie. I LOVE your cards. :jiggy:

jaw
08-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Yippee!!! Herman friends are partying all over the place!!! :)

Joss
08-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Yipppeeee, any friend of Herman is a friend of mine! Great cards from a great host. Itrader to you Helen and reps to these cute people for their cute cards:
Just Ducky
Donnacr
Jaw

katrinabean86
08-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Got my cards :) Thank you Jaeseals, Suntrade, and Mouseit for your adorable little friends :) And thanks, HHC for hosting this so we wouldn't miss out on the fun!

Donnacr
08-09-2011, 04:09 AM
I LOVE the friends who have come to visit, from: robanstudio, justducky and katrinabean86.

Thank you so much HHC for letting us all meet more of Herman's friends

off to leave points for all

jaw
08-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Awesome cards received yesterday ... a bit of personal trauma happening .. so will leave all the rep points and acknowledgements soon. I promise!!! Awesome swap HHC .. thank you so much beeg seester for helping Herman out!!!

Mouseit
08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
OHH The postie brought me some delightful friends.. heehee....
One from Suntrade! LOL Love my shark!
One from HHC - A lovely goldfish.. did you know I look after TWO in the front foyer of the school? LOL
One from Katrinabean86...LOL Now I will have TWO of your cards! heehee
Just wonderful
and HHC thanks so much for hosting the overflow....LOL

Mouseit
08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Suntrade tried to leave you a "you rock" but I have to share some love first..LOL Will be back to do that......

Linda4atc
08-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you Helen So glad you made room to add more participants to Herman's party! I received a sweet crocodile from Suntrade, and Finse and Thistle swim lessons from Scrap Pea.

Also Ewe-ness from Jaw, but I could not leave you another rep hug just yet.

ScrapPea
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I got great cards from Mouseit (Monroe the Masculine Mouse), jaeseals (Harry & Herman) and HHC (Ollie).

@Katrinabean86--Well...I have a lot of stuffed animals. My husband supports and feeds this addiction...like we have any choice. When a Guy chooses to come home with us, that's that. (Our stuffed animals are collectively called "Guys") They all have personalities and stories attached to them...keeps us young, I tell folks. They travel with us on weekend trips and with husband on business so he doesn't feel alone (and so they don't miss him).

Let's see...Thistle came from Frankenmuth, MI--year-round Christmas town. She was in the restaurant where you can handmake soft pretzels, so she has an affinity for those. Spencer and Brighton came from Brighton, MI when I worked at a business on Spencer St. Finse has been with me since I rescued him 2004/2005 when I worked at Univ. of Delaware and went to one of those vendor fairs where he was a giveaway. He's been one of my Office Guys (with Snufflet) since then, sitting at my desk and helping with paperwork and email.

Thistle is quite full of herself, and the other Guys are getting a bit fumpy that they're not on a card yet. Uh...we have a LOT of Guys, so this will take some time.... :)