PDA

View Full Version : Inchie A Thon July 8-10th, anyone interested?

RobbyGirl
07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Okay I'm ridiculously busy but saw a slight lull in my calendar for this upcoming weekend and I've been hankering to create inchies. Anyone interested in joining me for a weekend of tiny tiny art?

ps. I could really use a cohost :) too

CynthiaSillitoe
07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I haven't really done a lot with inchies--except adding them to atcs--so it would be fun to tackle inchies for inchies sake. :)

KESagers
07-04-2011, 03:41 PM
You know me - love these marathons and I always enjoy playing as much as I'm able.

KittyNL
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh.... I love a-thons and I love inchies! Count me in!

RobbyGirl
07-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Yay! SO glad some people want to play. I love inchies now that I have a 1" punch!

sheala.draws
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
What are the rules?

RobbyGirl
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi Sheala A thons are just a time for us to virtually gather and create and trade or share art. In the case it's an "Inchie" a thon so we will be making inchies ( 1 inch by 1" Art.) You can make as many or as few as you like and trade if you want to but you don't have to. We will start at Midnight on Thursday (Technically the first minutes of Friday July 8th) and end at Midnight on Sunday July 10th in your own time zone. There will be an official thread as we get closer and you can post and share your art there. We will have some suggested themes for each day but those are totally optional.

There is no official sign up just pop in and play with us if you'd like to.

Please don't hesitate to pm me if you have any questions.

Suze
07-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh Robby, you know I'm gonna play~!!But I'm gonna have to go to store and get the highest magnifying bi focals they have.!!!!!!!
I've never done an inchie in my life......but I'll be here~!

Suze
07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I forgot to ask, inchies are so small, so do we do a bunch and put them together. or make a grid :idea: and measure one inch and make a big picture....with a bunch of inchies all together.

yes, I did take my meds today.

miloccpep
07-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Sounds good to me! Will join in as and when. Been busy and out of the house alot lately and not doing any art! Just thinking about it!

RobbyGirl
07-04-2011, 09:33 PM
PMC there are many ways to do inchies and I have a magnifying lamp that sits on my desk and is always available for my art, I LOVE it! Think I got it from Dick Blick.

So many people find it hard to create on a 1" by 1" space so you can create a larger piece than cut or punch out your inchies by what looks good to you. I use a 1" square punch as I find it way easier than cutting exactly 1" X 1", one of my most useful tools! I actually do create mine individually, I've Drawn/Painted/stamped and collaged them or all of them together. I usually find it's easier to paint the background on a larger piece of 110lb watercolor paper then punch them out and then add my main images/drawing. Anyway that works for you is the correct way!

Can't wait to you there! Oh it's usually easiest to trade inchies in groups of 3, 6 or 12. They are rarely traded 1:1 (but it can be done.) I try to do groups of six with the same color scheme or some uniting element that makes them all look good together.

sheala.draws
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
okey dokey. i shall give it a shot. its not cheating to sketch out some ideas before hand? course i'm always sketching anyway!

RobbyGirl
07-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Nope not cheating at all. You can also cut inchie blanks, create backgrounds or cut out images. Just save the assembly and main drawing/painting for the a thon. There will be instructions on how to post your art to the thread!

KittyNL
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I frequently use acrylic paper for my ATCs and if I cut out the ATCs (8), there is a strip of paper left. Marvelous for making inchies! I have lots of strips lying around and this morning I already collaged the backgrounds on 3 strips, I hope to get 12 inchies out of a strip. I have a few days to think about what to do with them :D. Can't wait!

sandyuintah
07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I love inchies - I have been wanting to make and trade some!! Yeah!!

jensaz
07-05-2011, 12:55 PM
MEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEE

CynthiaSillitoe
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one new to inchies because I have a million questions. Like what's the best way to mail them? And how to you store/display inchies? (I'm thinking I might need to find a cool shallow box to put on the coffee table so people can sort through them.)

KittyNL
07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one new to inchies because I have a million questions. Like what's the best way to mail them? And how to you store/display inchies? (I'm thinking I might need to find a cool shallow box to put on the coffee table so people can sort through them.)

Hi Cynthia,

I mail inchies or taped with a small piece of tape to an ATC (6 fit perfectly!) or in an ATC sleeve with staples in between the inchies. And if I get them, I tape them to an ATC and put them in between my ATCs. But I know some people actually store them in coin holders.

RobbyGirl
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
There are many ways to mail them and all are fine as long as the inchies make it in good condition. The very best way I found is those plastic sleeves that sometimes come over a bookmark. I cut them in half and then each side fits 6 inchies perfectly in a straight row with a staple between each and then fit perfectly in a business envelope. That being said not everybody has one of those lying around. I just sent off the two I had for an inchie swap but I'm going to try to find more because it worked so perfectly! There are many ways to display them. If you go into the mail art gallery and use the search function with the key word inchies you can see some really cool display ideas people have come up with!

shayNOLA
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Count me in! I've never done an inchie before and my weekends are usually busy but this sounds like fun. :) I'll just have to keep my laptop and a few art supplies on my nightstand for some late night fun!

RobbyGirl
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Here's a wonderful you tube video that Dana (Adriayna) our fearless leader did on how to create inchies. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DASUtWBCk&feature=related)

lafaver55
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I love inches...count me in.

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Okay Friends here is the official thread for It's An Inchie-A-Thon (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1034834#post1034834)