PDA

View Full Version : It's An INCHIE-A-Thon July 8-10th

Pages : [1] 2

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
It’s an INCHIE A-Thon

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Friday Morning (But it really feels like Thursday Night at Midnight…same thing.) July 8, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday July 10, 2011

Your Host for this weekend are RobbyGirl and JensAZ

This weekend we will :
1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name but all in a 1” space!

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the A-Thon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art –if you want to or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, Typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party.

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:
Friday – Inchies with Text

Saturday – Zetti Inchies or Circus Inchies

Sunday – Things with WIngs

PRIZES JensAZ and I are creating a prize Package for each days theme. To enter just create one set of inchies in the theme of the day and you are automatically entered to win the drawing for that day!

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie
Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

You Tube-video from Dana (our Fearless leader!) Creating Inchies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDASUtWBCk&feature=related)
Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should get changed from A thon gallery to Traded (So only available a thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Some Examples from JensAZ (Top 4 and bottom 4) and Myself (Middle 6)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5246/1_DVC01124.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/2_Inchies_Hip_to_be_Square_2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5246/large/1_DVC01124.JPG

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 AM Wednesday June 1 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 5 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I almost forgot PRIZES JensAZ and I are creating a prize package for each days theme. To enter just create one set of inchies in the theme of the day and you are automatically entered to win the drawing for that day!

beeps
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
i've never made and inchie but i have thought about it... humm... i think i'm gonna try to make this party! i've been all work and not play lately and need to get back on the THON wagon :)

RoOskie
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Alright, I'm totally in! Can't wait to start!

Cobalt Blue
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Sadly I'm moving home this weekend, so I'll probably be far to busy to join. Maybe next time?

jonquil
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
I am so ready for this

shayNOLA
07-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I can feel the excitement in the air! :jiggy: Like beeps, I've never made an inchie before but this sounds like loads of fun! Thank you RobbyGirl and JensAZ!
My first THON...

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I cut about 100 inchie blanks today and started printing tiny, tiny images. Hunting for my super small scissors now :jiggy: Prepping is fun too, now if I could just find my art table under all this debris!

Fantasia
07-06-2011, 06:37 PM
No big plans for this weekend, and I haven't made inchies in some time, so maybe I can join in for some fun!!

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Would love to have you come play!

midnitecreations
07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I did an inchie swap here recently and made a bunch of backgrounds. Got stuff going on this weekend, but hopefully, I'll still be able to play a little bit especially since my backgrounds are already done!

RobbyGirl
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Wonderful Hope to see you!

Suze
07-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I've discovered a new art mini virus. its called FEAR OF INCHIES!
after watching a couple tutorials online (thanks Robby for posting the thread) I realize that I should of started backgrounds like, last month.:huh:
And now I find out I could buy them already cut.
sigh. (I suppose the little one by one inch template was kinda stoopid.:unsure:
ah, well.....I may get over the Inchie making virus by tomorrow.
gosh, I sure hope so........

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Better yet PMC swing by your local craft store and pick up a 1" square punch, makes inchie making a cinch! THen you can make big sheets of backgrounds and punch, punch, punch them out, super easy!! :D

jonquil
07-07-2011, 01:05 AM
i am going to cross stitch a couple of inchie sets of six - so be ready for them

Donnacr
07-07-2011, 04:43 AM
oh jonquil - that's a challenge! I cross-stitch too slowly :( but I may try making 1 set)

I ordered my 1" square punch in November last year and it has only JUST come in :swoon: so now I MUST take part (to justify the wait:jiggy:)

bluelotusflower
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Not sure that I will be able to participate, but I know your inchies will be awesome. I'll poke my head in a few times over the weekend to drool over the masterpieces. :yes:

Suze
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi all, a good nights sleep and I woke up with an answer to how I (personally) can cut out the paper for inchies.
Now I'm excited to do background and cut out and be ready!
watch the tutorial again and its really helpful on the little things I wouldn't think of.
This is gonna be FUN!!!!:yes:

Suze
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
sorry.......p.s. Robby, thanks for your help!

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I can't wait. I'm going to go create something for the monthly contest, haven't done that in awhile and the theme is FISH how fun! I need to distract myself cause I can't wait to do INCHIEs and I'm not in the mood to make commissions today, something just for me Whooo Hooo!

jensaz
07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
inchies at the ready..... WOO HOO, can't wait to see what everyone makes.

KittyNL
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
OK, let me check the challenges for this a-thon. OK great, I am ready! It must be Friday somewhere already, right?

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 11:34 AM
It's Friday in Australia but I don't think we have an Aussies playing. I'm glad I have a party to go to tonight to keep me occupied till midnight...LOL!

sandyuintah
07-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Going to do this - been looking to trade inchies!

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Wonderful the more the merrier and I warn you A-thons and inchies are highly addictive so it's a double whammy!

Charlie Brown
07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
How fun! I'm going to be just hanging out for now, not much spare time this week. :huh: I will admire and be a cheerleader!

KESagers
07-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I watched the tutorial and wondered if anyone has tried the crescent inchies? How thick are they?

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I haven't tried them Kristin since I have a 1" punch it's just quick and easy to make my own.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I cut about 100 inchie blanks today and started printing tiny, tiny images. Hunting for my super small scissors now :jiggy: Prepping is fun too, now if I could just find my art table under all this debris!

LOL, that sounds like me!

I can't wait. I had to go to the dentist today, which was miserable and made me miss art time, but I tried to spend it thinking about inchies. :)

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Thought you all might like to see my inchie display house. I revolve out the inchies to keep it fresh!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_photo__54_.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_photo__54_.jpg)

KESagers
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
How cool! Where did you get the house?

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 03:51 PM
At a thrift store :) .50 cents

GoldenWolf
07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Hmm, I have a little house like that. Got it at a dollar store. I have not done much with inchies because they are so small, but having a way to display them makes it a lot more appealing. Downside is that I have other projects to work on before I leave town tomorrow and may not be able to play until Sunday.

I assume people wil to trade for sets given how small they are, so what constitutes a "set"? I know there likely is no hard and fast rule, but what do people typically trade for - 4, 6, 8?

RobbyGirl
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Usually 4 or 6 :) or anything agreed upon.

KESagers
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I need to go to the thrift store with you!:D

jensaz
07-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Another way (for all you ATC folks) to display inchies is to take an ATC size card, decorated or not, or a playing card, whatever you prefer, and use a tiny dot of adhesive to attach the inchies to the card. You can get 6 on there pretty comfortably and then you can display them in your regular ATC albums!! I like to use scrapbook roll on adhesive cause I can re-arrange the inchies on the card better without sticking them permanently.

Suze
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh, I love that house!!!!! How cute is that?!?!
In Aug I will have been at AFA for one year. When I joined I thought, "gotta be something wrong with these artists, working on a teeny 2.5" by 3.5" canvas", then I got hooked good!(and lovin' it )
Did my background for inchies, scrounged up all the teeny tiny things I had, gonna cut out my 1" squares now..................I feel another addiction coming on.:yes:
heres my background before I cut it up.

jonquil
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
beautiful background pmc

jonquil
07-07-2011, 07:33 PM
It's Friday here and I am getting organised

midnitecreations
07-07-2011, 07:35 PM
love the colors pmc.

beeps
07-07-2011, 08:51 PM
PMC, is that just water color paints?

i need some new background tricks!

shayNOLA
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
OOOOOOHHH... Pretty colors! What a lovely background. I can't wait to see what you will do with them!

KESagers
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes - please share how you did it - it's beautiful!

Charlie Brown
07-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Loving that background too! Looks like beautiful painted silk!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Clearing room in my gallery and PM box. :) I got some East Indian clip art today that I think might be fun for inchies. Can't wait!

jonquil
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
*places plate of freshly baked triple chocolate muffins on table* dig in everyone they are really yummy

Suze
07-07-2011, 10:57 PM
gosh, thanks guys. Back when I was painting BIG (hahaha), this is how I would sometimes start an abstract flower painting.
easy peasy.
watercolor paper
tape it down on all four sides ....on something you can pick up and tilt.
(I use a watercolor block that is already glued down on all four sides)
I try not to use a brush. brushes will leave distinct marks.
spray paper really good with water til its soaking wet
wait a little while....not too long.
use liquid acrylics or mix your color til liquidy
then "dribble" or drop some color onto wet paper (its good to use some transparent colors , like alizarin crimson, thalo blue.)then some opaque colors like Cadmium yellow.
the color will "bloom" out on wet paper....dribble some more where you want it.(be generous with your color)
pick up (whatever you taped your watercolor paper to) and tilt it this way and that way, gently.....trying to control the flowing of color into color.
lay board flat on table, sprinkle salt everywhere.(or maybe just in certain area's)
let dry completely (I don't hurry the drying process with heat gun...that just blows the little puddles of color you'll have left, around)sometimes I take a paper towel, crunch it up and dab at certain areas that have puddled...that will lift color and leave some interesting lighter shapes. Let dry.
take board outside....gently scrub off salt with hand.
then I spritzed one side with Tsukineko Shimmer gold, another side frost.
I get a little heavy handed with the spritz cause I like it so much and it helps the colors to pop.
let dry.
done!
(because its water down acrylics, not watercolor paint, you'll be able to mark on it or paint over or do anything you want....watercolor paint can be used in this technique, but its more fragile.)
hope that made sense. I'm not very good with directions:unsure:

Suze
07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I forgot....use masking tape or blue painters tape and tape securely,cause you'll be working Really WET. The paper will buckle and ripple, but if taped good, when it dries it'll shrink up and dry completely flat. (sometimes takes a couple hours to dry)
and this is a "luck of the draw" technique. I've ended up with mud puddles alot of times, don't get discouraged. ; )

Blanche
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
pmc,
Can I come over and you show me?
:jiggy:
Tomorrow I will re-read your post and try it. But I may have to go and buy that kind of watercolors - I just have those that are lil cakes all in a row?!?

(I use a watercolor block that is already glued down on all four sides)

KESagers
07-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Those instructions are great - thanks for sharing!

miloccpep
07-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Here are my inchies!
apple, leaf, flower.
sunset using pastel, spinning spider, birdeye view.
forkful of noddle, steaming coffee and curry fishhead.
Alphabets.

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Well, it's 12:20 here on the east coast. Just got done tucking in my 10yo, Jenny. She gave me the big, puppy-eyed look and begged prettily if she could stay up till 12:01. It's so cute... I think she is more excited about the inchie-athon than I am... if that's possible! We started making inchies at 9:01PM thinking that somewhere had to be 12:01AM. LOL... somewhere over the Atlantic. :)
I think she made 13. I made 7. It was our very first inchies ever. I'll have to post them tomorrow since I'd hate to wake my husband.
Anyone else on Eastern time?

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Btw, very cool inchies, miloccpep!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Wonderful way to start us off Rita...love your little fishy! Can't wait to see your inchies Shay...tick tock, tick tock...two hours to go, I'll never stay awake to work on inchies after midnight but hey I'll give it the old college try! Think I have a sinus infection so I'm feeling a bit woozy, took a bunch of sudafed hoping to drain and not have to go to the doctor!

HHC
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Oh, I have a busy weekend, but I'm SO tempted! Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

BTW, miloccpep, cool inchies. And paintsmanycolors, I love your background. I had a watercolor block somewhere... hmmm. :)

miloccpep
07-08-2011, 01:58 AM
house, heart
trees, flowers
cat on patrol, burning the candle

KittyNL
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Yippee the party has started :jiggy:

Would you please pass me one of those freshly baked triple chocolate muffins, jonquil? I have got the coffee brewing.
And great inchies miloccpep!~

These are my first 6 (I work in sets of 6)

jensaz
07-08-2011, 02:46 AM
What lovely ladies KittyNL and fun, fun, FUN miloccpep!! Well it's only 15 min to midnite here in AZ, but I'm off to bed. Have to work tomorrow, but can't wait to see what everyone has gotten done while I'm snoozing/working. Will be making my own when I get home.

Don't forget the daily challenges! Totally optional but there are prizes to win soooooo... You can't win if ya don't play :jiggy:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE: INCHIES WITH TEXT!!

jonquil
07-08-2011, 02:53 AM
here are my first set

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Madonna___Child_Inchies.jpeg

KittyNL
07-08-2011, 05:11 AM
6 more from me.

I have some new backgrounds drying. I had some prepared in advance, but I didn't like how my images looked on them... So started all over, might use the old backgrounds later this weekend.

jonquil
07-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Here are my next two lots - Vintage Boys and Vintage Girls. Its nearly 7pm here so I am going to cross stitch some inchies in front of the heater and watch those programs I have recorded during the week

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Vintage_Boy_Inchies.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Vintage_Girl_Inchies.jpeg

Charlie Brown
07-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Okay, I've been seeing some cool stuff and spreading the love! I really like that text on your inchies Kitty!

miloccpep
07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
stamping and punches.
butterfly,bees,bird,bee,chick.
cricket, rabbit,bear,frog,dragonfly.

traded

KittyNL
07-08-2011, 07:30 AM
One more set of inchies. I have some birdies with text drying. Pfff.... it's hard work getting text on these inchies and not sticking to your fingers :D

I do have some more inchies in my gallery for trade!

3. Geishas

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Good Morning, everyone!! Or Good Afternoon/Evening for some...
Did someone mention freshly baked triple chocolate muffins??? Yummy! I'll have mine with tea... PG Tips, please.
Kitty, LOVE your first set of inchies!!
OK, now I'm off to scan in what Jenny and I did last night. (My 10yo wanted to participate, too). :)

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 08:34 AM
WOW... there are LOTS of amazing inchies being posted!!
jonquil - they are all so lovely!
KittyNL - you have such a way with color!
miloccpep - Yours are so fanciful and cute!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Miloccpep, KittyNl and Jonquil, You've gotten us off to a wonderful start! Great Inchies. It's early here, I'm just peeling my eyes open and grabbing a Diet Coke and then I'm off to start creating inchies.

Joss
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I am here- had a really hard week -taught in a very tough class for 4 days (my boss asked me a favour, normally I teach 1:1 kids for 3 days only)... am shattered. Have been lying down in a dark room since yesterday LOL.
Here I am -refreshed and ready to GO.
Miloccpep, KittyNl and Jonquil- they are all so cute.
Robbs I love your little house, so YOU
Now where did I put my inchies???

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Sorry you had a tough week Jossie Bear! Passing you a hug, a cup of tea and a sweetie roll, cause it's still early morning here.

Suze
07-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Good Mornin' inchie type artist peoples. WoW! amazing inchie art so far, just beautiful.
downing my first cup of coffee in record speed, looking at all the inchies posted.
feelin'a little fortified, heading towards art table and a ga zillion inches backgrounds waiting for me.
Thank you everyone who commented so kindly on my background, I'm afraid if my eyes don't hold up, I may try to trade backgrounds for inchies. :huh:.......is that legal?:policeman::wideeyed:
(Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" , "Heehee, jus' kiddin')

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Here are some birdies and flowers (Set #1)
PMC I trade backgrounds of any type! Love to trade backgrounds!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Inchies_-Birda_and_Flowers.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Inchies_-Birda_and_Flowers.jpg)

tammybeck
07-08-2011, 10:43 AM
i have never traded inchies before but I think it's time I dipped my toe in that water! I see some wonderful inchies I would love to trade for! I will be back with some inchies! Count me in!

Suze
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Robby, I hate summer sinus problems>>>>passing you a hot cup of tea with honey,lemon and a little somethin' extra in it;)....been known to cure jus' bout' anything.
Joss, I hate it that you had to work that hard!>>>passing Joss hot cuppa with alot of sumthin' extra in it;)
sigh. my work here is done.

KittyNL
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Goodmorning US friends! Hope you had a good night sleep :sleep:.
OK, the birdies are dry. Here they are.

Fantasia
07-08-2011, 11:21 AM
lovely inchies seen here so far. I'm on a quick lunch break and wanted to check in on the party. I'm hoping to do backgrounds tonight and create lots of inchies tomorrow (I'm actually hoping it rains so I can stay in and play!)

Later !!:D

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Saturday Evening Post Babies from the Early 1900's (Set #2)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Inchies_-Gold_Saturday_Eve_Post_Babies.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Inchies_-Gold_Saturday_Eve_Post_Babies.jpg)

Suze
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow Robby, fabulous.

heres my very first ever inchies (I Love My Doggie ) there is print on them, but I don't know if its readable, so small. ; )

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 11:56 AM
PMC Can you upload them to the A thon Gallery, they are hard to see :) the colors are fabulous!

Suze
07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
ok, i gotta find the a thon gallery..........will do!

HHC
07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh my, what wonderful inchies you all have created! I have a bowl of fresh fruit salad to share, if anyone would like some. :)

I have all kids of backgrounds... now what to put on them, with text!

P.S. I'm up for trading backgrounds too!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Just go to the main gallery and scroll down it's new, and it's on the list when you choose where to place your art, (i.e. available to trade, for swaps....it's the 10th one on the list when you first go to upload your art.

dmnh
07-08-2011, 12:22 PM
You all are on fire with the inchies today! So many wonderful little masterpieces in this thread!

I'm afraid there will be NO COLLAGE inchies coming out of me! Collage on a canvas that small makes me want to pull my hair out! I'll be doing drawings on all of mine! I bought a new set of markers the other day, time to break them out and see what happens!

I have some more running around to do before I can commence with the inchies here at my house. I shall return later with something to show, I hope!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I love hand drawn inchies, can't wait to see them :)

Helen Pass the Blueberries...YUM!

bluelotusflower
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Fabulous, exquisite, lovely, and FANTASTIC inchies posted here on the thread!!! Great job everyone! Paintmanycolors, your inchies rock! To think those are your first ever. Can't wait to see the rest! :)

KittyNL
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Love the babies RobbyGirl and WOW PMC, great inchies!

Here are some more lovely ladies.

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I have to run the doggies to the groomer and the kids to the park, I'll be back in a couple of hours. Taking little images with me to cut out while the kids play :) Just PM me if you want to trade.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Loving the inchies! Alas, I have no finished ones to show as my art desk is covered in partly done inchies. I hope to finish some tomorrow. :)

Suze
07-08-2011, 02:15 PM
oh, thanks for the encouragement! this is why I love a thons, plus I can learn so much about different techniques from all who have done this before.
got a question>> I liked my inchies too, but I like the background better.
I think (maybe) that inchies should be on a plainer background, mine seem too busy.
I only cut up part of the (9"X12") watercolor background. (thank heavens!)
gonna try a plainer background.
did someone say something about fruit salad? (or was that just what we all are, "fruit salad" , trying to do art on a one inch square?:laugh://///// I wanna be the strawberries in the salad!:jiggy:

dmnh
07-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Here's my first set:
apples blue set

I really need to go cut some cardstock inchie blanks. These apples are done on thin chipboard. It's slick and doesn't really like the markers at all!
If anyone wants these apples, shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you ASAP!

beeps
07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
okay, i'm here and ready to play! i'll be back later. i have some ideas!!

dmnh
07-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Another set
If you want these birds ask for 'birds set 1'.

I'm calling it a day for now. It's almost 2pm. I've been awake since 7 pm yesterday. Time for some shut eye!
I shall return much later this evening.
Happy inchie-ing!

Joss
07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Here are mine for today. No idea how to trade them or ask for trades, is it inchie by inchie or a whole set?
Been at it for hours, must go and eat and rest. See ya all later.

Suze
07-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Joss, I don't know how you did it!! Their wonderful!You must be a inchie natural:notworthy:
I just did my next six and got a crick in my neck......:v_spin::spinny:

"Nursery Ryhmes"

KESagers
07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
So many great inchies!

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Awesome Inchies. I'm back from my excursion. Here's another set from me, Postage Stamp Birdies (Set #3)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_BIRDS.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_BIRDS.jpg)

jensaz
07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
WOWZERS!!! Awesome stuff being posted while I was at work :( Now I have to play (OK not "HAVE" to, WANT TO!!) and I'll post in a few!

Stayed up LATE trying to get stuff unpacked in my craft room and get some semblance of order... EH, it's good enough for me to play in, I'll finish later.

RobbyGirl
07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Heading to my tennis match then a date with my hubby, I'll be back to play more later tonight. Haven't got to my PM's yet but please do PM me if you want to trade and I'll look at them when I get back...HAVE FUN!!!

jonquil
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
what wonderful inchies you have all created while I was sleeping. Having my morning cup of tea and then going to create. My cross stitch ones are nearly done

Fantasia
07-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Here is my first set of inchies...and my first A-thon submission ever!
Traded

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Argh! I need some 'me' time to work on my inchies!! I noticed everyone is posting in 'themes' so I'm trying to make six similar inchies to a set. So every little minute I can sneak away, I'm working on my inchies. :) I have 14 done, but not a complete set of six, yet. I promise to post tonight... even if it's not a complete set! What I am seeing posted is awesome. JOSS... LOVE your portrait faces! :) Fantasia... lovely first set! And Robin... hope you don't mind but I used your avatar in one of the text inchies. If you like it, it's yours!

Suze
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow! lots of inchie talent here....
got 6 more done,

"Working Girls and Their Specialitys (sp)" :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

jonquil
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
for those of you that haven't traded inchies before here is a pic of mine ready to mail to give you an idea. Thought it might be useful.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Packing_Inchies.jpeg

jonquil
07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Here are my mini kimonos

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Kimono_Inchies.jpeg

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Here are the inchies Jenny and I made. I have to say they took me a while because it's was my first time around but I'm working on a third set and it seems to be coming easier.
I've never traded an inchie and I'm not sure how to go about it. I see at least one in every set posted that I would love to have in my new collection! Let me know if you're interested in trading. I guess it make more sense to complete the trade after the A-Thon.

dmnh
07-08-2011, 09:51 PM
My nap didn't last as long as I would have liked. People wanting to talk to me woke me...so beings I couldn't get back to sleep (sleep is way over-rated!) I made a couple more sets of inchies.
We have flowers and cupcakes on offer! Shoot me off a PM if you're interested, please!

Does anyone have any themes they are looking for specifically? I know Beeps likes cats and I will be doing some kitties here shortly, probably a lot of kitties!

whimsical flowers
cupcakes #1

jensaz
07-08-2011, 09:55 PM
shayNOLA, Typically they are traded 6 for 6, not singly. So if you see one in a set that you like and want to trade for, you may have to trade for all 6 in the set. Chances are tho, if you like one, you probably wouldn't mind having the others.

If you want to trade with anyone, just PM them and set it up that way. Don't wait until the end of the a-thon tho as items are constantly being traded and unless you ask someone to hold something for you, it may get traded out from under you.

Things can go pretty fast in an a-thon

KESagers
07-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Here are 3 sets of 6 and a set of 4 from me. Would like to trade these as complete sets but I don't mind if your set has fewer inchies than mine.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bottle-Caps-and-Bingo-blue.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bottle-Caps-and-Bingo-red.jpg
Bottle Caps and Bingo blue, Bottle Caps and Bingo red

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Vintage-Ladies.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Sepia-inchies.jpg
Vintage Ladies, Sepia inchies-traded

shayNOLA
07-08-2011, 10:36 PM
shayNOLA, Typically they are traded 6 for 6, not singly. So if you see one in a set that you like and want to trade for, you may have to trade for all 6 in the set. Chances are tho, if you like one, you probably wouldn't mind having the others.

If you want to trade with anyone, just PM them and set it up that way. Don't wait until the end of the a-thon tho as items are constantly being traded and unless you ask someone to hold something for you, it may get traded out from under you.

Things can go pretty fast in an a-thon

Ahhh... so that's how it works. Thank you for the info. I had envisioned more of a 'sampling' from each artist.

HHC
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I've done a few today...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_inchie_a-thon_angel_text.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238920) Winged Text http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_inchie_a-thon_abstract1.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238921) Abstract 1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_inchie_a-thon_abstract2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238922) Abstract 2

jensaz
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Here is my first completed set. Please PM me if you are interested in trading

Stamped/embossed/added text

jensaz
07-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Gotta work tomorrow, going to bed now... Can't wait to see what get's posted!

Everybody's doing wonderful work!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Lots of fabulous Inchies!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should get changed from A thon gallery to Traded (So only available a thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Hope that Helps! Loving everyone's work!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Have a Heart (Set #4)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_HEARTS.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_HEARTS.jpg)

dmnh
07-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Only a dozen kitties materialized. Perhaps more will show up tomorrow? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
I'm not sure if I'm done for the night or not. Need to make something to eat and then we'll see about more inchies. I know I will be cutting more blanks if nothing else tonight!

Maybe I'll draw some dogs....I'm puppy sitting tonight for a little dustmop looking critter! She's cute as a button, black and white....She's going to a new home tomorrow. I'm watching her cause my sister has ran off for the night and she's the one delivering this little girl to her new home.

You all just keep doing what you're doing cause all these little masterpieces are just wonderful!~

If anyone wants these kitties please shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you.

green eyed pink kitties traded
cat set #1

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Okay Sweeties, Help my tired eyes. This is the list of people who did inchies with text today, did I miss anyone?

Jonquil
Rita
KittyNL
PaintManyColors
Shaynola
Joss
Tammy Beck
Rooskie
KESagers
HHC
Menuette

Anybody I missed? (Sorry if I did ...tired eyes tonight!)

jonquil
07-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Have been on a kimono making spree - PM me if you are interested in a trade. The first set are already taken

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Kimono_Inchies_2.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Kimono_Inchies_3.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Kimono_Inchies_4.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Kimono_Inchies_5.jpeg

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Goodmorning, good afternoon, good night all!

Great inchies posted! I need to get myself sorted, make a cup of coffee and think about the next set of inchies.... I will be back :rolleyes:

Joss
07-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Morning Kitty and anyone else who is awake right now (most of you are in dreamland still.)
Robby explained that inchies are usually done in sets of 4 or 6, so I rearranged mine again, and here they are.
I am now a fully certified inchies addict- love them, but they kill my back, neck and shoulders. Will rest for a while first- then return to view the wonderful 'eye candy' and start trading.

76574 Set 1 traded

76575 Set 2 Gouache faces, may add 3 more to this, or trade for 3 painted inchies.)

76576 Set 3

76577 Set 4

76578 Set 5

citykitten
07-09-2011, 05:50 AM
You all are making such wonderful inchies!
Thanks to Miss Kitty for reminding me this was on :)

Here is my first set:

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi Joss, inchies are killing my back as well... Really need to take a break in between.

Hi Manda, good to see you ;)

Circus/zetti theme today? Here are my circus inchies.

shayNOLA
07-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Wake up to check the gallery and WOW... all those amazing inchies being posted!! I left comments. Robbygirl... I think you might have started a craze. :)

Hi Amanda! So glad you joined us!! Love your Fashion Plate inchies.
Kitty, you are on FIRE! I don't know how you manage to make so many beautifully detailed inchies.
Joss... I LOVE your gouache faces (I have one of your Einstein ATCs).
Menuette... GOREGEOUS Blue Hearts!!
I need to get off the computer and go make inchies for trade!! :jiggy:

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Two more sets from me.

Circus inchies 2
Coffee and cake

CherylS
07-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I've decided to join in. A few I did this am.
1. sun inchies
2. seashell inchies

RaineyDay
07-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh, I am sooooo going to play this weekend. First, taking my girls swimming to tire them completely out and then home for shower, lunch, and a couple long videos so mom can do art. Or, maybe they will do art with me. Either way, it's going to be a great and creative day! whoo hoo!

sheala.draws
07-09-2011, 09:36 AM
hmmm. I may have gone about it funny. I've been drawing like mad and then inking and will start on the watercoloring soon. So I have no pictures to post yet!

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Okay, I'm loving all the beautiful little treasures I'm seeing here. Not having as much success making them. It's harder than it looks!

Where do you all find the tiny images you are using in your collages?

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Here are my first ones for today Zetti and Clown/Circus Inchies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_-_IAT_Yellow_I_think_Fish_Roadwork.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238971)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_-_Clown_Zetti.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=238970)

shayNOLA
07-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Good question, Fantasia! I'd like to know, too. I came across this site and made a small donation. It has lots of cool stuff!!
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/vintageresources.html

egod
07-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Catalogs are a good source, any specializing in Victoriana, also Dover.

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm still working on building up my image library and every little bit helps!! HUGS

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Here's something else I do with my inchies (mostly so I could figure out a way to sell them in my Etsy shop) Thought you might like to see other display techniques. One is a Pendant that has an Inchie on either side. It has a little latch hook so you can change out inchies and the other is a pronged frame.

dmnh
07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
You all are going to give me a boatload of goodness to see later when I wake up from a long nap! Loving the circus theme! Will have to do some clowns later.
I only got a couple sets done since last I was here.
My mom's kitty was killed on the highway out front of the house sometime this morning before the sun came up. Can't really blame whoever hit him. He's a completely black cat, kinda hard to see in the dark. Ma lives next door to my sister who lives next door to me. Ma and sis have been at my house for the last few hours. My brother came out and buried Charlie for Ma.
I have some frogs started but only three done so far. I'll finish the other three later.
If anyone wants the hearts shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you later today. Joss has first dibs on the doggies.

zentangle hearts
dog inchies Traded

Suze
07-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi Inchie peoples,
such beautiful inchies and some traders can really do alot fast! Maybe it comes with practice.

My back hurts, my neck hurts, and I have buttitus............but have to make inchies, have to make inchies, have to make inchies...........oh, where was I?:unsure:
I'm off to see the Wizard of Inchies and make more.(following the yellow inchie road)
;)
(Robby, I think you must of started sumthin') ; )

Joss
07-09-2011, 10:38 AM
What a cool idea Robby, I guess they could be stuck on a magnet for a fridge too. What about a tiny set of the alphabet for young mums, they are always looking for new ideas for their kiddies...actually anything for kiddies sells well.

Joss
07-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Yahooo Donna those poochies are mine, all mine. Keep your hands off ladies!
Buttitis, now that describes me perfectly! You are tooo funny Suze.

Suze
07-09-2011, 10:40 AM
(((((Donna)))))) sorry to hear about your Mom's kitty.

dmnh
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Love that fish inchie in the pronged frame, Robby! I have a pendant with a twinchie on either side of it like your inchie one.

If anyone would like to do a blind trade with me for inchies, I have about 700 of the little devils that I made back in 2009. Name a subject, there's a good possibility I have inchies in that theme! Just shoot me off a PM. Sorry I don't have pictures of any of those inchies.

I'm headed to bed. You all have a fabulous day and Happy Arting!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi Inchie peoples,
such beautiful inchies and some traders can really do alot fast! Maybe it comes with practice.

My back hurts, my neck hurts, and I have buttitus............but have to make inchies, have to make inchies, have to make inchies...........oh, where was I?:unsure:
I'm off to see the Wizard of Inchies and make more.(following the yellow inchie road)
;)
(Robby, I think you must of started sumthin') ; )

Oh speaking of Following the Yellow Brick Road, I would love some OZ inchies!

Charlie Brown
07-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I just popped in and was looking through the gallery! Wow, ya'll have been busy little bees! I'm so drooling over all the great work and creativity.

Please Robby, promise you will do another one of these in the future?! :wubclub: I've been busy with work stuff this week but vacation is drawing near and I'm planning on hosting my first swap then --- and just as a teaser to all, old and new addicts alike...it's going to incorporate 1"x1" little beauties.

Have fun and be inspired!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh Yes Charlie Brown I will definitely do another one. I think we would have had a ton more people if AFA Gathering wasn't in a couple of days.

Charlie Brown
07-09-2011, 10:59 AM
I've gotta ask you all. What are you using to trim your little images out? I have such a hard time cutting such tiny pieces, do you use special scissors or an X-acto knife?

Vicky M
07-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Here are mine :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9953/medium/1_script_bird_inchies.jpg

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I made more birdies. I need to take a break now, my back and shoulders are killing me... My mother bought a loupe-lamp last Wednesday... maybe I should borrow it :D

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I've gotta ask you all. What are you using to trim your little images out? I have such a hard time cutting such tiny pieces, do you use special scissors or an X-acto knife?

I use tiny little scissors.

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I ususally use a combination of scissors and an Xacto-knife, depending on how detailed I need to get.

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 11:31 AM
The WINNER of yesterdays Theme Drawing is:

PaintManyColors!!!!

Your prize package is:

(1) (Two pictured but you get 1...LOL) A little Brass flip top Inchie Holder (I just ordered these and they are adorable!)
A whole mess of pre-cut inchie papers to use in your inchie backgrounds
An Envelope full of awesome images.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Congrats PMC!

HHC
07-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Beautiful inchies, everyone! I can identify with the back and shoulders! ow!

I'll get busy soon... must finish my tea and eat my breakfast first. Then cutting out more tiny images with my tiny scissors...

HHC
07-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Congrats PMC! How fun to have prizes this weekend too!

shayNOLA
07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Congrats, PMC! Cool gift!

jensaz
07-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Congrats PMC!!

I will post a pic of the prize for today, once I get home from work!

Woo HOOOOOOO

CynthiaSillitoe
07-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Great work, everyone! I'm off to see if I can get some finished inchies. :)

smokeysmom
07-09-2011, 12:39 PM
RobbyGirl, I love the little inchie boxes! I just might have to make some Zetti Inchies today, because I see you have two of those little boxes, LOL!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Mags, I would LOVE to see and trade some Zetti Inchies with you! I'm working on more now! Alas JensAZ is handling the prize package today and that other little Brass box was my own, I only ordered two...so sorry Hon Bun!

Joss
07-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey- way to go Suze.
I see the sore back, neck and shoulders is spreading - it is called 'inchieathonitis' !

Here are my new ones. Now am going to crash on my bed. Read you all later!

76633 set 6 (abstract) pastel/ink/scratch

76634 set 7 (abstract) pastel/ink scratch

76635 set 8 (raffies)handdrawn, ink and pitt markers

Joss
07-09-2011, 01:17 PM
My last three sets for today, that makes 10 sets of inchies- just call me 'speedy gonzales! Will be back after a good rest, to see what you've been doing. Wonderful inchies so far.

76636 set 9 (African) handdrawn, ink and pitt markers

76637 set 10 wallpaper,ink and eyes

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Awww come on Joss, You're killing me...I want all your inchies...all of them I say...and I can't steal more cause I already took two sets and I can't rep you cause I've overwhelmed the rep system...LOL. Those African Inchies are to die for as are the Raffies...and the Eyes oh man too cool!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh Lola I'm sorry, your inchies didn't post to the thread, looks like you had difficulty posting (There's just a little error square in the post) them so I didn't see them and they aren't in your gallery. I've already done the drawing for the text inchies so I'll have Jen put you in today's drawing for the Zetti to make sure you get a chance to win!

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 02:06 PM
More Zetti Inchies from me.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies-_Zetti_Teesha_Style.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=239042)

ps. remember to move your Inchies out of the A Thon gallery after they trade they should get put in the Traded Gallery. Thanks!

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Lovely inchies out here !!!

Set number 10, buddha(s). Very peaceful :wub:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, I got one set done today. (I scanned them against a brown atc so they'd stay in place.) So how all do you sign your inchies? I mean, there's not a lot of space.

KESagers
07-09-2011, 02:46 PM
A set of 4 circus inchies from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Circus-inchies.jpg

egod
07-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm having trouble getting into the site, but I have completed 24 inchies--the first ever for me! I'd like to trade as sets. All are on watercolor backgrounds. The landscapes might have acrylic backgrounds. Fun! I may do more later.

CherylS
07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Here's some celestial objects. moon, stars, saturn, big dipper. Some are pastel others ink.

KESagers
07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Kitty inchies:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Ernest-Hemingway-quote.jpg
Ernest Hemingway quote

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Margaret-Benson-quote.jpg
Margaret Benson quote

KittyNL
07-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Goodnight everyone, see ya all in the morning !

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Here is my 2nd set of inchies...Zetti is much more difficult the smaller it gets!

Traded

jonquil
07-09-2011, 06:04 PM
okay - I have gone through the PMs and have none left - Must make more inchies as their are so many out there I must have!!!!!:jiggy:

Fabulous work everyone

Suze
07-09-2011, 06:34 PM
oH mY gosH, i WOn!!! I'm just tickled pink. ..........
ooooooooohhhhhh! I LOVE a thons/ THANK YOU ROBBY!!! Goodness, now I'm really gonna be an addict.....>>>memo to self "ask Doc on Wed. if there is medication for this problem"
theres so much pretty and gorgeous small work here, just today.....and Robby was right , darn it, IT IS ANOTHER AFA ADDICTION.
had to do laundry, and dishes, cause I couldn't find my bed or a clean plate:huh:
And I was working on inchies when I needed to sit down.
heres two sets I have done.
"Shimmering Hearts"....traded
"Butterfly Girls"...................traded.............:jiggy::jigg y::jiggy:

jensaz
07-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Mags, I would LOVE to see and trade some Zetti Inchies with you! I'm working on more now! Alas JensAZ is handling the prize package today and that other little Brass box was my own, I only ordered two...so sorry Hon Bun!

Okay, so it's not a super cute little brass box ;) but here is the prize for today's drawing

Flexible jelly frames (the 2 on the bottom are square and will fit inchies), 10 precut inchie backs, 16 pre-cut inchie decorative papers, circus-y type stickers that will fit on inchies

KESagers
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Way cool Jensaz!

Kudos to those of you knocking out those Zetti inchies!

Fantasia
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
working on my Circus inchies now...the sparkly paint needs to dry!! :wub:

HHC
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Here are some circus inchies. The tiny cutting out makes my eyes cross. I hope to have some others a bit later.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_inchie_a-thon_circus.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=239111)

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi I'm back from Kiteboarding for Cancer and hitting a couple of garage sales, scored some great stencils for .50 yay!

I'm moving this set forward as it's the only one I have left, PM me if you have any interest in trading for my postage stamp birdies.

I'm off to create more inchies cause it's so dang fun!

cairnlae
07-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I have finally wondered in...don't know if im going to make any inchies but man am i drooling over what you guys have done!!

egod
07-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I scored at a garage sale today too. Got a small anvil/vise for 3.00! It's mounted on a board for stability. I think I will enjoy it in my jewelry making project. Never too many supplies for mastering who knows what!

RaineyDay
07-09-2011, 08:17 PM
This is my first set of Zetti Inchies.
Hope to make some more if I can stay awake. LOL.

Suze
07-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh, I just saw the little Brass box, Robby, its wonderful, I feel so lucky~!!
and silly me thought Today was "things with wings" , thats why I did the butterfly ladies.
heehee............take one happy pill and see what happens?!!

wondered why there was such great zetti inchie art......I just thought ya'll were in a zetti mood and it was contagious, kinda like inches are contagious.;)
Maybe I can do one set (of four?) zetti's.....................??????

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Some very colorful Number Inchies! Now I think I'll do so more Circus Inchies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_Numbers.jpg
(http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=239137)

cairnlae
07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Now I think I'll do so more Circus Inchies

don't think I don't know what your up to.........................:rolleyes:

RobbyGirl
07-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Who me??!!?? Don't they have a smiley face that looks up and whistles innocently...LOL

jonquil
07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
any one care for some cross stitched flowers?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Flower_Inchies_.jpeg

shayNOLA
07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Jonquil, those are lovely!! RobbyGirl, love the colors in those numbers!
Lola12, AWESOME first time set! I love the Louie Armstrong inchie... :)
OK, so I've been working on my zetti group and and a few others. I'm waiting for the gloss coating to dry before scanning. Meanwhile, I'm working on some inchie zenscapes...

shayNOLA
07-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Here are the ones I worked on throughout the day. Thought I'd throw in some zenscapes, too. :) My zetti themed ones are included. Had to get them in before midnight! Hummm... what's tomorrow's theme? I'll have to check on that.
Well, it's almost 11:30PM. Think I'll head off to bed. See you guys in the morning!
Btw, Jonquil, how many hrs ahead is Australia to East Coast time zone?

jonquil
07-09-2011, 11:34 PM
it's 1.30pm Sunday afternoon here

jensaz
07-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Okay, I'm headed for bed. I will check one more time in the AM for any new folks who played in the challenge today but so far I have:

KittyNL
Fantasia
Lola12
KESagers
HHC
ShayNOLA
RaineyDay

jonquil
07-10-2011, 01:22 AM
here are a couple more lots of Madonna Inchies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Madonna_Inchies_2.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Madonna_Inchies_3.jpeg

citykitten
07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
I cannot believe all the different kinds of art that can fit on a one inch square! Everyone is on fire today :)

I found these little goats on a discarded storybook page and just had to use them

jonquil
07-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Here are my next two lots - Oriental theme here

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Geisha_Inchies_.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Geisha_Inchies_3.jpeg

KittyNL
07-10-2011, 03:09 AM
OH so many great inchies posted during my beauty-sleep!! I need to send out some PMs. And then make some more!

Btw; goodmorning/afternoon/night all!

citykitten
07-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Jonquil and menuette they are awesome sets!

Here is another from me:

jonquil
07-10-2011, 03:38 AM
only 6 hours left for me to create - have some butterflies drying

citykitten
07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
These are my last ones - I am pretty happy that I got 4 sets done considering I was so un-prepared

CynthiaSillitoe
07-10-2011, 05:26 AM
We are definitely going to have to have another of these. I hope to make at least one more set today. I've caught the inchie bug, but boring real life stuff keeps interrupting me. Still love the eye candy!

jonquil
07-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Here are some butterflies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Butterfly_Inchies_.jpeg

Joss
07-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Morning Kitty and Lisa.
I am in a tizz of delight here this morning. You gals had so much fun while Kitty, Lisa and I were sleeping. My internet connection went down last night- so I wa stranded.
What a 'cornucopia'(love this word) of arty feasts greeted me when I woke up. I am now off to make inchies...quickly, as we are going out later to see the grandkids.

KittyNL
07-10-2011, 06:09 AM
I have been busy this morning, making 3 sets of new inchies

11. Guatemala worry-dolls
12. Dancing/the movies
13. Geishas 2

KittyNL
07-10-2011, 07:07 AM
And another one. I am going to take a break, going to visit my sister. I will be back later!

Joss
07-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Here are my last four sets. I am going out to see my grandkids. Will be back this evening to salivate over the art and trade trade trade!
Please look in my gallery to see what is still available and pm me for a trade.
Robby this was the best fun, and now I have inchi-itis- may have do an inchies swap soon!!

76702 set #11 (bits of faces from my own art)

76703 set #12

76704 set #13 (famous faces)

76705 set #14

jonquil
07-10-2011, 07:49 AM
here are my last few lots and that's it for tonight. Am going to finish my bird inchies( a few more stitches to go)and that's the time up in Australia - nearly 10pm Sunday here

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Butterfly_Inchies_2.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Geisha_Inchies_4.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Vintage_Girls_Inchies_2.jpeg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/medium/1_Vintage_Ladies_Inchies_.jpeg

Joss
07-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Lisa, You have done an amazing job with all your inchies, love them all, and deserve a rest!

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Oh Wow you guys have created some fantastic inchies while I was sleeping! I'd better hurry and make some so I can trade before they are all gone!

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Here are some Circus Inchies that I didn't get a chance to finish until this morning :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_Circus.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Inchies_-_IAT_July_Circus.jpg)

jensaz
07-10-2011, 10:32 AM
THe winner of the Saturday Zetti/circus challenge is..........
KESagers!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations

Wonderful inchies everyone!!

miloccpep
07-10-2011, 10:37 AM
YAY! CONGRATULATIONS KRISTIN!!!

KESagers
07-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Yippee! Thank you Thank you! :D:D:D Can't wait to play with all of that cool stuff.

Now to get myself organized so that I can rock out some inchies today.

KittyNL
07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
My things with wings for todays challenge.

shayNOLA
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Kitty, I adore these butterfly inchies! Love the colors...
I've also decided to do butterflies. :)

CherylS
07-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Here's my winged waterfowl inchies

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Congrats Kristin!

Fantasia
07-10-2011, 11:49 AM
congrats Kristen!! Back from church and now off to run some errands, but I'll be back to create some winged inchies before the day is through!

jensaz
07-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Am at church today but when I get home, I hope to do some butterfly (moveable) inchies... We'll see how that goes. I want to trade today!!!!

bluelotusflower
07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Couldn't find these critters yesterday when I wanted to photograph them. I've been a little distracted since DH got home from the hospital. Most probably these are the only ones I will have time to make. I have to work this afternoon.

TRADED (thanks!)

KESagers
07-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Love those kitties!

I have 2 sets ready to post after lunch.

beeps
07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
lots of good sets here. i have a couple in the works but i think they suck some. i'll try to post them later.

smokeysmom
07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Finished my Zetti inchies late last night...added some glossy accents to seal them...and, as soon as they're dry, I'll scan them and post them. I have (2) sets of six each in case anyone's interested:)

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I have a set off hand painted flowers drying ;)

smokeysmom
07-10-2011, 01:36 PM

Such a Teaser! LOL

I'd be happy to trade Zetti inchies with you...mine are still drying but I will post them soon!

HHC
07-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Congrats, Kristin!

Here are some butterflies - the white marks aren't on the inchies... bad scan.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_inchie_a-thon_butterflies.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/1_inchie_a-thon_butterflies.jpg)

And now I'm off for an art date with a friend and then we're meeting with our local art group. I'll be back later this afternoon! Keep creating! :)

HHC
07-10-2011, 01:41 PM
P.S. Love all the inchies you are creating, peoples! I need to make more! :D

KESagers
07-10-2011, 02:07 PM
For the winged things challenge today. Wallpaper backgrounds, vintage images, punched wings with glitter gel pen high-lights.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Winged-Things-Cats.jpg
Winged Things Cats

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Winged-Things-Dogs.jpg
Winged Things Dogs

Suze
07-10-2011, 02:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KRISTEN!!!!!!!!
Theres such delicious inchie art here and my fingers just won't work with me. :D
missed the zetti's yesterday (thought it was things with wings day)
so heres some zetti's , hope I can trade for other zetti's, hope, hope, hope.
zetti's traded ; )

smokeysmom
07-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh, and I have two sets on "Winged Things" to enter for today's challenge - so be right back!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Made a couple of sets today. :)

egod
07-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Set of bird portraits on watercolor base, my winged things for today! And now, to clean up the mess or take a nap. Guess which will win?

Fantasia
07-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Circus set made for yesterday, but wasn't quite finished in time. They are image transfers with colored pencils and glitter paint edges. This set is also available for trade.

smokeysmom
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Here are my Zetti Inchies, Set 1 and Set 2, available for trade:)

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Background is a watercolor wash and inked stenciling on a textured, fibrous paper. The little flowers were hand painted with acrylic and accents are Pearlescent water colors.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies-_IAT_July_Flowers_and_Shapes.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=239299)

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Okay I have 4 sets available (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?c=17&u=3883) for trade, please PM me if you are interested in trading. I'm off to run a few errands but I'll have my iphone at the ready to do trades while I'm out and about.

Really Amazing Inchies all around....I want them all! LOL

KESagers
07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I have inchie envy!!!! :arghh: I want them all also! :yes: So much great art this weekend!

Here are 3 more sets from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Children_s-Pets.jpg
Children's Pets

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Flock-of-Feathers.jpg
Flock of Feathers

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Blue-Ribbon.jpg
Blue Ribbon

RobbyGirl
07-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh I almost forgot. Today's Inchie theme drawing prize is a Pronged Inchie Frame so you can show off your favorite Inchie! Also an envelope of fun images and pre cut inchie background papers.

Good Luck with your Winged Things!

KittyNL
07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
No more inchies from me today... I am watching The man with the iron mask :D. I still have some sets to trade in the a-thon gallery and also in the Mail Art gallery. Please PM me if you want to trade!

Thanks RobbyGirl for organizing! We should do an inchie-a-thon more often, it's great fun!

smokeysmom
07-10-2011, 04:21 PM
My last two sets of inchies, Winged Things, both sets are available for trade:) There's an extra inchie in Set 1:

Winged Things Set 2 traded

shayNOLA
07-10-2011, 04:29 PM
RobbyGirl, how did you link your '4 Sets Available' in your quote? I'd love to utilize that function! I'm working on my winged set and should have it posted later today. I didn't get to do as many inchies as I had hoped. The weather has been beautiful and my husband and I are working on a pond in our backyard. LOL... it's gotten me in a fish mood! Dang, I should have done winged fish... hummmm... never too late! :)

jonquil
07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I have 6 set left to trade so feel free to have a look and send me a PM

RaineyDay
07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Smokeysmom, I love the Zetti Inchies you posted. I made two more sets so I'll show them here. I'm open for trading and I do have some PMs to answer..... but I'm wondering if there has been discussion about how to keep, collect or display Inchies?

Suze
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
wouldn't ya know it. my neighbor brought over the insert from Michael's (from Sun.paper) for me, and Michael's is having a "dollar daze" thingy today............well, I ran outta here like my hair was on fire. Got there and the stuff I really, really wanted wasn't a dollar.
could of been making inchies and listening to "Prairie Home Companion" on puplic radio station. heck.
good news is I still have some time left! hooray!
lovin' all the inchies that have been made........now I have a new fun addiction!!! (and alot of respect for the work artists do for the inchie's that show up in the gallery now and then)

sheala.draws
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
getting ready to cut mine up and do a bit of finishing work, then I'll start posting sets.

Joss
07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Just got back from day with grandkids, Maggie who is 2 and 1/2, and Milo who is 5 weeks old. It was hectic, am shattered and nearly 11 pm here- so no more from me. Off to bed.
I had a ball -made 14 sets, have 4 left, so pm me for a trade. Thanks a million Robby and Jen, this was a blast!! Let's do it again soon.
Nite nite everyone.

Fantasia
07-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Here's my final set - H/D butterflies on dictionary backgrounds. All sets I've made are available if anyone is interested. Off to see what others have left to trade.

jonquil
07-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I now have to clean up the mess I made in the pursuit of creativity over the weekend. I was sure I had a desk here somewhere hmmmmmm

KESagers
07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Losing track in the thread but I'm keeping my gallery up to date. ;)

cairnlae
07-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I actually sat down and made some today. 3 new sets and then one set is mix of some older left over ones from swaps.

shayNOLA
07-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Dilys... those are a BLAST!! :D :D
Cairnlae... lovely sets!

KESagers
07-10-2011, 07:11 PM
BTW anyone planning to play in the LAT or STAT this week - if you want to wait to mail that's fine with me.

egod
07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
All of my inchies are still available for trade. Anybody want them?

KESagers
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
A sparkly sticker peeking out from behind the vintage image which pops on a glue pop-dot.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Touch-of-Sparkle.jpg

Suze
07-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh Kristen, what you said was heaven to my ears. I really want to do the LAT And the Sticker a thon...........I think I'll work on getting my stuff ready to post during the week, before the Sticker a thon....if thats ok .
Waiting for some glittery wings on fairy kittens to dry, then I think I'll call it a night.
Theres little teeny pieces of paper everywhere:D what fun!!!

egod
07-10-2011, 09:16 PM
What is LAT?