PDA

View Full Version : ART DAY- HAMILTON ONTARIO

altermyworld
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
HI everyone,

September turned out to be a month very busy for a lot of artists SO

the new date for the art gathering is October 1st that gives everyone plenty of time to ask off if need be.

My friend has a HUGE studio, with a joining bathroom.
While we could not stay overnight, we have local artists in the area from this site, so those that are coming out of town could crash and go home the next day.
It is not handicapp accessible, it is up three flights of stairs, however there is a landing in between one floor for a rest period.
We could trade, do art and i could do a fun workshop on SILK FUSION (I have handdyed gorgeous silk roving - and fuse it together, it is then a paper/fabric) its fun!
And who knows what other little things we can come up with!

There is a resturant right at the corner of the block, we could have delivery made.
There is also a very smal independent art store right across the block called "Mixed Media"!

Maybe a small donation and we could have drinks there and snacks.

Anyone coming in by train transportation can be arranged or even the public tansportation system leads right to James Street.

Any other ideas? INVITE your friends. Please no small children. 12 and up allowed with strict adult supervision.

Let me know.
L. ANg

HEAD-COUNT

Pippin
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I'll be back from Germany then so i'll be there!! Himself is at work tha weekend so I wont feel guilty. I have a couple of workshop ideas!!!!

tascarini
09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna play too.

altermyworld
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Bumping this up! Its going to be FUN!
ANg

altermyworld
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Only days away! Will be wonderful to see some of my friends again.

ANg

rkolig
10-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, today is the day and I'm still on vacation, so missed my chance. Hope you all have fun.

I also hope you plan another one. I'm really hoping to catch the odd regional event whenever I can.

altermyworld
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
rkolig, it was a success. we have a lot of fun.

there were nine of us, we made art, had 4 workshops, went on a field trip and had an awesome dinner. We even had the chance to go to a "snow cone dance" LOL they were serving snow cones and having a dance on the 2nd floor.
I do plan on hosting another probably in the spring, as weather here is scary at the worst of times.
I do hope you can come to one.
ANg

tascarini
10-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I have a car!!! Those who were there KNOW. lol. I also want to tell everyone what a fantastic time we all had. My crew weren't especially arty but they really enjoyed the trip too. They really liked playing in the messy silk fusion and beads. Hanna's star book was a hit...she already made one for one of her teachers. She thought it was neat that she could tell her mother a little more about how to do needle felting too. I enjoyed doing everything. It was great bonding with our little group and meeting new friends.

I wanna come back NOW and play art.

Thank you Ang for doing this for us. And thanks to your friends and Mike for helping us. Some computer switch thingy is bad $800. so bye bye van. And I found the stuff I thought I was bringing to share, ugh. On my bed when I got home. So I'm making another pile of stuff to bring for next time. I didn't get anyones facebook so if you wanna friend me it's Sandra.Tascarini, i think i'm the only one in the world. And Debra, maybe next time we will rent a van and we can all ride together...I think you are in Rochester? We have to go through there anyway so hurry up with the license. :)

altermyworld
10-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes we did have fun! I am glad Hannah has already made a star book!
I am sorry to hear that your van is costing so much better.
Thats just terrible.
The next one will be in the Spring.
What about taking the bus, there is a greyhound depot at Niagara Falls.
The next one is already in the planning stages
ANg