PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Live Gathering Hood River IN LIVING COLOR

RobbyGirl
08-19-2011, 01:59 AM
Well it's finally here, new friends, lots of laughter and art...art...art....

Here's the place to post our live comments and pictures. Hope you all follow along and join the fun!

Rogue Gal
08-19-2011, 02:18 AM
Woot! How will I be able to sleep tonight?

Pixeldog
08-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Hey, the early birds got to kick off the weekend with a little pre-event snack. It was fun having dininer with Trina, Robin, Janni and Beth this evening although Beth talked our ears off. LOL Just teasing Beth, get some sleep will ya...the big party starts tomorrow.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to booby trap the conference room. Don't sit at table three....and you can't say I didn't warn you.

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Well, it's 12:26am and I'm still not packed... running upstairs now to grab some clothes and a bag to throw them in. Art stuff close, one bag packed... and trying to figure out what else I should bring and what can stay behind.

I will do my best to NOT miss breakfast!

MelanieS
08-19-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm still up and procrastinating my packing. I'm feeling really tired and luppy (I have lupus). Daughter had a change of mind about going to her sleepover party, so I won't be getting out as early as I would like (to beat the rush hour traffic), because I will have to stay home w/ her until hubby gets home from work. Ack! I don't have the energy to think. BTW, How long of a drive from Hillsboro to Hood River?

meran
08-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Until you get there ;)
Sorry to be a smartass, but in Portland's Friday rush hour traffic?? I feel for you, I do! :twitcy:
I'm posting just so I can get my subscription going... Forgot to ask: Do we get free Internet access??? If so, I can do email to DH. Otherwise will have to steal someone's cell to let him know I got there safely.
And
Sleep? What's that? ;)

RobbyGirl
08-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Okay I'm not sleeping! I've been up since 3 am. Can't wait to see/meet everyone tomorrow, hopefully I won't be half asleep!!

Rogue Gal
08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm up, mostly packed. I am not an early bird, so my pets are confused that I am up and ambulatory. Gonna have a nice leisurely cup of tea before Amy and Tracy arrive. If all goes as planned, we should arrive around 11:00.

RobbyGirl
08-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Good Morning everyone, it is a gorgeous, sunny morning in Hood River I've ordered this beautiful day for you all to enjoy! Now I'm heading downstairs to pack up my art supplies, on tippy toes so I don't wake up Beth who had been up for 38 or so hours before she crashed into the pillow last night!

I'll be at the hotel around 9:45 can't wait to share breakfast with our newest arrivals!

jaw
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Helen & I are having some breakfast with my Handsome Husband, make a couple stops, and be on our way. We should be there early afternoon...

OH! ... clothes! I need to pack clothes!! good grief!!!

See you this afternoon

HotMamaRama
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Didn't sleep worth a darn last night. All those wild & wooly stories PD kept sharing @ dinner had my brain on overdrive. Having my morning tea on the porch & its an awesome gorgous day. Thank you for ordering the great weather just for us Robin! Now to go take my shower outside to wake up. Drive safe everyone traveling today. See you all soon!

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
car just about all packed up and I'm hittin' the road! See you all at brekkie! WOOT!
(my car is overflowing with stuff... and I'm one person going away for 3 days...yikes!)

JanisElain
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Meran - the hotel has free internet, but either bring your own wires to hook up your computer to their wired access, or bring a computer with wireless capabilities. No password required. Just sign on. :D

Am up and at em, getting ready for breakfast with the group. Looking forward to greeting the new arrivals today!

Pixeldog
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I woke up around 6:30 am and decided to take a little walk with my camera. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day to start the OLG.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/184/1_DSCN0998.jpg

The Gorge and our Motel
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/184/large/1_DSCN0985.jpg

Mt. Hood....as scene from the Motel

wildholly
08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi! I'm heading down there in the am....arrived last night-troutdale.
Hi Trin, Beth, Robin, PX! Great pictures! Beautiful day here!

Fantasia
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
PD - Those are gorgeous pics!!!.....

I'm working away here in the Northeast but enjoying hearing about all the shenanigans!!

MelanieS
08-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Didn't get to bed until after 3am, so I slept in. Need to pack and get my butt to costco! Hubby is coming home early, so I can get thru portland before the rush hour. I should be there around check-in time! So excited to meet you all!

lini
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
WooHoo...sounds like the fun has started. Seeing that panoramic picture makes me want to get on a plane and head there. How beautiful.

Pixeldog
08-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Day One....breakfast is over and the art tables are being set up.....hopefully, the first pictures will start going up soon.

Just Ducky
08-19-2011, 10:07 PM
it's been ALFul quiet on the thread since PD last post... wondering what ALL you gals are doing to the poor guy.... hope no-one sat at table 3....
PD... what a view... pictures are super...

Pixeldog
08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
We been having a fun time arting and finding time to tour one of the local wineries.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/184/large/1_DSCN1075.jpg

Just Ducky
08-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Naked club ???? I not seeing nakked....
oh oh... I spy... Helen and Julie and Robbie ??? where's Martha ??? oh and Hi PD... got brain lock and can't put names of ya all...

Fantasia
08-19-2011, 11:43 PM
LOOOOOOVE this pic! Thanks for sharing!! :D

smokeysmom
08-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Wish I was there with all of you:swoon: Thanks for the pictures - send us more!

RobbyGirl
08-20-2011, 02:32 AM
The Naked Winery (http://www.nakedwinery.com/index.php) was a howl!!! No one is naked but the wine labels are something to remember!

Pic above Left to Right

Christine (Rogue Gal) Trina (HotMamaRama) Amy (AmyFaerie) Shara (Sharazoid)Beth (RedHeartStudios) Peggy (GoGoGadgetGirl) Ducky (the imposter) Shay (ShayNola) Back Row Left to right
Nancy (Dragonstarr) Robin (RobbyGirl) Helen (HHC) Julie (JAW) Hiding in back, rumors are they were hiding under the bleachers: Rod (PixelDog) and Janni (Janis Elaine)

RobbyGirl
08-20-2011, 02:34 AM
More pictures are coming folks, we took tons today but I'm absolutely wiped. See you all in the a.m.!!!!!

Joss
08-20-2011, 06:31 AM
This is TANFASTIC, seeing and meeting you all. Hey Ducky- you look so young- gotta change your profile picture girl! Great seeing Helen and Julie and Shara and Shay and Trin and Amy and Beth, and of course you Robbybaybee. As for those two 'scallywags' at the back, better keep an eye on them!!

RobbyGirl
08-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Well I barely slept a wink last night after all the fun! I'm ready to go hang out with the coolest bunch of peeps for another day of art and laughter. By the way I had a Lavendar/Vanilla Martini last night that was so good I made every person there try it.....LOL! (and since I'm not much of a drinker it let me share out the half I wouldn't drink anyway...Tee Hee!

Sharazoid
08-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Good morning all! We truly are having a blast here. Heading off to breakfast & art. Some morexpeople arriving today.
Holly - Hurry up & get here!

jaw
08-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Zetti-fied and ready to go!!!! .... come on Ducky!!! HHC and I are ready to parrrrrtttttttaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

HHC
08-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Just back from breakfast... lovely morning out on the deck chatting and watching the osprey. Looking forward to a fabulous day.

Plus, I found the business center and will be back with my camera cord to get some pictures posted. I attempted earlier with phone and couldn't access the photos on my camera.:unsure:

wildholly
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM
ON my WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

HHC
08-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Just a few pictures...

79934 Such fun arting with friends last night...
79935 MelanieS brought a lovely cake... we all loved it!
79936 Even after a late night, we were up enjoying the early morning on the deck.

HHC
08-20-2011, 12:52 PM
More pictures later.... gotta go do art now. :D

Just Ducky
08-20-2011, 02:38 PM
ahhhh.. Helen and you guys, are bringing tears to this ol' ducky... how sweet..
and boy will you look at that morning on the Hood... duck could swim forever... have a super day gals (and THAT guy)

altermyworld
08-20-2011, 05:26 PM
what fun thanks for sharing!
ANg

wildholly
08-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Lavender Lemon-drop martinis...YUM!!!!

Tamrantula
08-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Sounds like a great time is happening!

Someone raise a toast in my honor! LOL

Joss
08-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks for posting here and telling us what you gals (and guy) are up to (well, almost everything!)

meran
08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I met all-but-two of these folks for the first time IRL, this weekend, and all I can say is "what a loverly bunch of coconuts" YOU all are!
I'm recuperating at home surrounded by my very relieved to see me at home with my pack doglets. (left knee is swelling, pulled tendon in rt hip is NOT happy with me) BUT am still buzzing and releasing memories of conversations and artwork and strange and lovely techniques (and supplies!! Who'd have thought that hornets' nest paper would be a supply??? Can you imagine going shopping, pushing your cart around in the store, checking the shelves for hornets' nests??? Lol). Poor DH has been getting bombarded with all these as they just pour out of me :)
I didn't take many pics (not necessary-- there was already a lot of that going on ;) ) but I did get some of Enot's lamps and promise some before and after pics of some painted-on-the-spot inchies on glass.
Many thanks to Robin for setting up this happening... She's really good at this kind of thing!

Just Ducky
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok.. that's it... US non-OLG are having our OWn private little party..
AltermyWorld...... Tamranluta..... Joss... Smokeymom... Fantasia...and the Duck... who else I missing ???

we have been just sitting here all weekend drooling over being a bunch of wann-bee
I wanna bee there too... I wanna play.... I wanna share in all that yummy food....
I wanna meet all you gals (and guy).... pass that lemon drop stuff down here gal...

you all have a really safe trip back to your homes.. and then... you ALL better start showing some.... SHOW and Tell pictures...

wildholly
08-21-2011, 06:04 PM
It was a fabulous bunch of wild, wacky wonderful creativeness...lots of dancing on the tables!! Great, inspiring demos, arting, endless supplies, gift exchanges, food, beverages...did I already mention the Lavender Lemon drop martinis...OH WOW! Lots and lots of friendship hugs, new connections and laughter.
The art room was spacious and bright with huge picture windows overlooking the river. Just GORGEOUS!
Here are a few fashion-kneesta pics for ya!

Guess who goes to what outfit????

malicea10
08-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Did someone say Lavender Lemon drop martinis???? Oh yum!!!

Glad you all had such fun!!:D

RobbyGirl
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Well I just said good bye to the majority of the group heading towards highways and airports and I can't begin to tell you what a fabulous group of people I was blessed to spend my weekend enjoying! So many new friends that have found a place in my heart what a lucky chick I am!

If you've never had one of Rod's watercolor technique classes you are really missing something, he can make anyone feel like a genius! I am also ready to go out and buy an iron and a block of beeswax thanks to a lovely personal demo from Martha and Helen, how delicious!

There was much laughter a few tears, mostly happy and great fun!

but....it's not over yet I'm heading out for dinner with MrubyJean (Martha) and Dearest Christie and GoGoGadgetGirl (Peggy) and Sharazoid (Shara) and ShayNOLA (Shay) and Katey a local artist, more good times to end this wonderful weekend!

Thanks to all of you who have followed along vicariously!

Hazartist1
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm lovin' the foot wear!

wildholly
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Robbygirl...CHEERS! and please raise anther glass of Lavender Lemon Drops.
You went above and beyond and provided us all with another wonderful and memorable event. Thank you!

Found: Lurking in a HOOD RIVER Hallway..some witchy, zetti-headed wild women!....BOO!

Just Ducky
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
oh love the Formal ? wear... and them boots (really) are made fer walkin'
and I'm sure the mangement was glad to see them walking out of the hotel..:twitcy:
I hear they lost their 5 ***** rateing over this past weekend... wonder why....LOFLMAoff

Fantasia
08-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Yipeeee!!! I'm so glad you all had so much fun! Though I didn't expect anything less. Now, I need to know what a Lavendar Lemon Drop is, cuz it sounds wonderful.

I've started filling my own little piggy bank so that next year I can attend at least one art gathering somewhere across this country.

Thanks again for sharing your adventures and the fun pics!

jaw
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Home again, home again jiggetty jig!!!
What fun! Great times, good food, Starbucks in the parking lot!!!!!!
Fabulous artists, wonderful techniques, beautiful setting ....
Ready to get that AFA fest set up for Portland next year!!!! We're gonna ROCK YOUR WORLD!!! (not that I'm planning it ... but, hey! I'll help where I can!)
After this weekend I'll bet we set a record with the number of attendees!!! :jiggy:

RobbyGirl
08-22-2011, 03:20 AM
You know that you have a fantastic group of new friends when 10 of you spontaneously break out singing "I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane" like you were casted in some cheesy musical and it's makes you happier than the proverbial pig in .....

HotMamaRama
08-22-2011, 10:59 AM
I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of this amazing group of artists!

Robin is THE most amazing host on the planet!! So gracious, always making sure everyones needs are met, getting us the best art room with a river view, brought bagels & cupcakes, winery tours, even went out and got me cold medicine when I got sick. You my dear, are a true gem! I'm AMAZED that you put this together all by yourself! And a HUGE special thank you to Mr. Mitch & Mr. Max for letting us keep your wife/mom for so long!

Best roomies, best tutorials/demo's, best zetti hats, yummy tea (with whisky and honey), shared laughter and hugs, and best of all, getting to meet so many of my favorite AFA Artists and Friends in the flesh.

Now I'm going to take some more Thera flu and go back to bed.... XOXOXO

oddbreed
08-22-2011, 11:00 AM
glad to hear you all had so much fun! I really wished i could have made it!
cant control an exploding kidney!
looking forward to seeing more pics

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
What a wonderful weekend. I am thoroughly exhausted! Pedaling my butt to work today was quite a chore.

THANK YOU ROBIN! You are an amazing person!!! I am happy I don't live so far away from HR! I will come visit you again my friend!

I almost forgot... besides all the fun, art, learning and new friendships... I scored the most awesome pair of knee high Doc Martin boots for a 3rd of the original cost!!! WOOT!

I can't wait to meet more of the AFA clan at Art For All next year in Portland!

HotMamaRama
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Peggy - You must have gone shopping after we left, because I would have remembered seeing those!!!! :swoon: Just so you know - loved meeting you in person!!!! :wubclub: You are a rocking fun Go-Go Girl!!! :wubclub:

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks Trina! We did go shopping before dinner... although it was more just strolling through downtown HR and well, when you find a great deal like that... AND THEY ARE IN YOUR SIZE! you gotta snag 'em. I have to thank Robin for spotting them.

I loved meeting you too... I felt like we met before. You have a very warm and friendly face and personality. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs!

enotneicna
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Okay...it's Monday Morning and I slept like a stone. And unpacking to do and pictures to upload and art to scan...later!!!

Robin thank you so very much for hosting the unbelievable weekend...you are such a doll!!! And to Mitch and Max for allowing us steal you away from them...you have a loverly family My Dear!

And meeting so many members for the first time and getting to see those I met last year again...so many memories...this will finish the journal I began last year, and may even fill a second.

I brought My Dear friend SisterSea will me and she was welcomed with open arms. And she will be joining our band of wonderful worldsy artsy fartsy fantasmagorically fun poeple here at ATCs for All.

Now it's off to run some errands...and I will return!

Much love and many blessings to you all!!!
Sharon (Eno)

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Lavender Lemon-drop martinis...YUM!!!!
OMg.....The Lavender Lemon-drop martinis were so good!! Definitely had my fair share!!!! :)

Home again, home again jiggetty jig!!!
What fun! Great times, good food, Starbucks in the parking lot!!!!!!
Fabulous artists, wonderful techniques, beautiful setting ....
Ready to get that AFA fest set up for Portland next year!!!! We're gonna ROCK YOUR WORLD!!! (not that I'm planning it ... but, hey! I'll help where I can!)
After this weekend I'll bet we set a record with the number of attendees!!! :jiggy:

I said the same thing when I got home....on FB!!! LOL
I loved having my precious Starbucks so close!!! :)
Julie.....you are AWESOME!!!!!

You know that you have a fantastic group of new friends when 10 of you spontaneously break out singing "I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane" like you were casted in some cheesy musical and it's makes you happier than the proverbial pig in .....
What a great moment this was!!! Loved it!!

I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of this amazing group of artists!

Robin is THE most amazing host on the planet!! So gracious, always making sure everyones needs are met, getting us the best art room with a river view, brought bagels & cupcakes, winery tours, even went out and got me cold medicine when I got sick. You my dear, are a true gem! I'm AMAZED that you put this together all by yourself! And a HUGE special thank you to Mr. Mitch & Mr. Max for letting us keep your wife/mom for so long!

Best roomies, best tutorials/demo's, best zetti hats, yummy tea (with whisky and honey), shared laughter and hugs, and best of all, getting to meet so many of my favorite AFA Artists and Friends in the flesh.

YES YES YES WHAT SHE SAID!!! :jiggy:;):D:swoon:

What a wonderful weekend. I am thoroughly exhausted! Pedaling my butt to work today was quite a chore.

THANK YOU ROBIN! You are an amazing person!!! I am happy I don't live so far away from HR! I will come visit you again my friend!

I almost forgot... besides all the fun, art, learning and new friendships... I scored the most awesome pair of knee high Doc Martin boots for a 3rd of the original cost!!! WOOT!

I can't wait to meet more of the AFA clan at Art For All next year in Portland!

Awesome on your Doc Martin boot score Peggy......I am so glad to have met you my fellow single lady!!!! Your a hoot and a half!!! Can't wait to see ya again!! :jiggy:

I had sure an amazing time from the first dinner with Robin, Trina, PD and Janni to the very last hug I got from Trina as we parted ways at the airport to catch our flights....YOU all are an amazing group of artists!! Thank you to everyone for all the great tutorials, I can't wait to start using them all!!
A very special thanks to Robin for not only going above and beyond in hosting this amazing gathering but for also opening up her home to me!! YOU A SUPER AMAZING LADY.....AND I LOVE YA!!!
Thank you also to Shay, Trina & Robin for even making it possible for me to come in the first place you three will have a very special place in my heart forever!!!!!
and of course PD did not dissappoint!!! Not only is he a fabulous artist and teacher!!! His sense of humor ROCKS!!!! and his signature card lived up to the build up!!! LOVE IT!!!
I am so thankful that I got to meet and get to know so many wonderful people!!! :)

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3664/1_DSC_0222.jpg

RobbyGirl
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
An absolutely huge thank you to you all for helping out with the conference room slush fund!!!! You were all very generous and helped cover 2 whole days which was really wonderful ! Smooooooch!

monarch
08-22-2011, 02:05 PM
you should post who is who in the pic.......

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-22-2011, 02:06 PM
That's awesome Robin.
And what a great picture Beth... Jorge did a great job!

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
That's awesome Robin.
And what a great picture Beth... Jorge did a great job!

haha!! yes Jorge did do a great job......He took like 15 pics of this group shot!!! :D

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
you should post who is who in the pic.......

I will do that!!! :D

HHC
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
It was a wonderful weekend! It was so fun to meet old friends and make new ones. :)

Robin, thanks so much for hosting this wacky group of artists! You are AMAZING! :wubclub:

A special thanks to Meran, Martha, Traci, Shara, Rod, and Melanie for generously sharing your techniques with me! :wub: I learned so much and can't wait to play... although I do still have to unload my art supplies.

I drove home from Olympia at the crack of dawn this morning after not enough sleep (poor jaw had to be at work at 6:30) and I am one tired puppy. I'm sure my brain will start to function some time soon; I just need a bit more caffeine… or a nap. ;)

lilbad
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
I told Helen I would call from the Music Festival...but no phone service! Looks llke a good time was had by all. What a fun group!

Pixeldog
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Phew, I just rolled into my home about 30 min ago, a little tired, but happy with the wonderful memories of my time in Oregon. So much has been said about the OLG that echo my thoughts but if you'll indulge me I'd like to say it again.

Robin : I just want to say publicly just how impressed I am with you. You not only put together a sensational event but you made each of us feel very special for being there. You gave us more than just you time, you gave us a part of yourself. We noticed every time you sat with us and listened to our stories. We noticed every time you helped us run our errands because you wanted our needs met quickly. We noticed every time you brought us goodies and took us on tours of your wonderful community. You imparted your kindness and consideration and we quickly learned to adore you. You are a talented artist, a brilliant host and wonderful friend. Thank you so much.

The Coconuts : It was so much fun to meet all of you. I truely enjoyed seeing your art, watching you work, absorbing your lessons and especially getting to know you. Some of you are absolute nutbars. You know who you are...yup, I'm looking at you. My jaws are still hurting from all the laughter. You are delightful women, each unique and special. I'm blessed for knowing you and touched for letting me into your lives.

I'd also wish I could have traded art with more of you. I had so little prepared before I got there and I was having too much fun to complete more art during the event. Hopefully, I'll be able to resolve that one in days to follow.

I haven't even unpacked yet but hopefully I'll be able to upload some pics fairly soon. I'm sure every shot will show us looking prim and proper, diligently working on our art.

Phoenix
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Thank you to everyone who taught me so much which was pretty much every one, in one way or another.

Thanks for having me!

HotMamaRama
08-22-2011, 08:53 PM
PD ~ Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't.... :D ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

RobbyGirl
08-22-2011, 09:00 PM
You all know how to touch a girls heart!!!

Trina honey are you feeling Any better?

Fantasia
08-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Gosh, you all make me want to do a great big group hug, and I wasn't even there!!

JanisElain
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Who’s in Beth’s photo? From left to right . . .

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3664/1_DSC_0222.jpg

Back row standing (from left to right):
Robin (RobbyGirl) wearing floral dress
Cheryl (JoyFlower) wearing what looks like a light blue top with a floral design on it
Janni (JanisElain) wearing black shirt and amulet bag made by Els
Rod (Pixeldog) wearing sports jersey (Seattle Seahawks!)
Sistersea – wearing a beautiful necklace and floral shirt
Trina (HotMomaRoma) with print shirt and hand on Sistersea’s shoulder
Nancy (Dragonstarr) wearing turquoise sleeveless shirt
Mellanie (Genxster) with light blue shirt and dark blue trim
Martha (MRubyJean) with light green shirt and pretty socks
Sharon (Enotneicna) standing in front of Beth slightly to right of center wearing all black and a pretty necklace

Crouching:
Beth (RedHeartStudio) with white top and dark colored cap
Shay (ShayNola) peeking around behind Beth
Melanie (MelanieS) wearing jean capris and a floral shirt
Els (Els) wearing what looks like a light green or blue shirt
HHC wearing a hot pink shirt
Julie (JAW) wearing a red boa
Shara (Sharazoid) with purple sweater in front center
Peggy (Go-Go-Gadget Girl) to right of center wearing dress with black collar and center panel
Amy (AmyFaerie) wearing red skirt, white top, and beautiful tatoos

JanisElain
08-22-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm still unpacking (haven't even been home 24 hours yet, so still playing "catch-up") but had a WONDERFUL time with you all!!!!

Special kudos to our dear hostess, Robin, who did an AMAZING job of organizing this event and keeping all of us emotional artists flowing in the right direction for four days! You are a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out, and your love and concern for people showed at every stage. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I also want to extend a special thanks to the following people who taught special techniques/classes:

Our dear PD, who taught watercolor. Although I didn't paint a birch tree, I peeked over his shoulder and listened in while he taught one-on-one tutorials with various artists. Great job making watercolor techniques understandable!

Helen and Martha, who taught the beeswax-napkin technique. SO FUN!!! (By the way, I'm hosting a napkin swap! Click on the link in my siggy if you'd like to participate!)

Traci and Martha for the encaustic tips, and Shara for the melted crayon techniques.

MelanieS for the reshapable rubber stamp sponge idea (how cool is THAT!?! It's awesome!!)

Els for the copic, colored pencil, and watercolor-brush-on-the-go thingie (I can't remember it's exact name), as well as for the beautiful amulet bag she made

Meran for the glass painting lesson!! (Can't wait to see the inchie after it's baked!)

I feel like I'm forgetting a demo or two, but if so it's because of my bad memory (not because your demo wasn't great!)

Back in a moment with some more thoughts . . .

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks Janni!! Love ya toots!! :)

JanisElain
08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Me again! Not trying to "hog" the thread, but have to type this in phases since I keep getting interrupted . . .

Some of the hilites from this weekend that I'll always remember:

* Enjoying a yummy dinner with Robin, Trina, Beth and Rod Thursday night -- sharing life stories and laughing our heads off into the late hours of the night.

* Meeting Mitch (Robin's super cool hubby) and Max (their amazing son). Such nice guys!

* Learning so many cool techniques and ideas from a super fun and creative group of artists.

* Matching names with faces for people I've traded with or chatted with on the threads but had never met in person.

* Learning that I should be careful what I say after I've had two Long Island Ice Teas (thanks, Beth, for being so understanding!)

EVERYONE there was special, and I've loved getting to know you a bit better! Let's do this again next year!

JanisElain
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks Janni!! Love ya toots!! :)

Love you too, sweetie! :D

meran
08-22-2011, 11:16 PM
And that was only 19 of us; pic was taken sometime Sun. I should have thought to request one on Saturday! :(

meran
08-22-2011, 11:20 PM
I was sorry to have totally missed PD's technique secrets, every one! The next one were both at, I'll be sticking to his side like burrs, to make sure I get them :)
I missed getting a glass inchie from him too.

JanisElain
08-22-2011, 11:28 PM
MERAN!!! I just edited my post from a few minutes ago. (I knew my memory was lapsing and that I was missing something important!) I absolutely LOVED your glass painting class. It's fun to know that I can do some glass painting at home with my regular oven! You did a great job of explaining how it works, tips, techniques, and things to avoid (like paint on our clothing and hands!)

jaw
08-22-2011, 11:31 PM
You did a great job of explaining how it works, tips, techniques, and things to avoid (like paint on our clothing and hands!)

There is no chemical known to man! :biglaugh:

RedHeartStudio
08-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Or Woman!! :)

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, dropped Shara(zoid) off at the airport an hour ago after having dinner, a nice stroll then ice cream with her and Mellanie (GenXtser)... what a nice way to end the fun and awesome Oregon Live Gathering! Once again, THANKS ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS TO ALL... and I can't wait 'til next year. I am starting on ATCs to trade this week! (that's how slow I am... just ask any attendees how much art I got done in HR! HA!!!)

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Mitch and I took Shara to Portland around 2pm today to Mellanies house so she could finish up her time in the Big City and I believe they were joining the fabulous Miss Peggy for dinner. We grabbed a quick bite and rushed back so Max could make his swimming practice. So now my OLG has officially ended. I have yet to unpack and more closely explore the wonderful gifts so many of you sweet people bestowed upon me. I owe so many sincere expressions of gratitude which I hope to do with personal notes to everyone who attended, once I recover and catch up on my sleep a bit.

You all have said so many wonderful things but truly it was a group effort from start to finish and I could never had made it happen without all of the help I received from all of you!! So thank you all and I hope my memory will allow me to remember all that each of you did when I get around to my notes later this week.

I wasn't able to do all the tutorials but am so grateful to everyone who was kind enough to share their particular talents with the group, you guys totally rock!

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Lol Peggy we must have been typing at the same time ;)

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-23-2011, 02:58 AM
We must have! too funny!

So...for those who weren't there Sunday after 4pm... I scored these awesome boots thanks to Robin's keen eye. Not only are they H-O-T, HOT! They were a steal, originally $150, I got 'em for fifty bones. As an added bonus, the box they came in is perfect for storing my larger sheets of paper, up to 13x18... WOOT!

Here's a photo so you can all be JEALOUS! ;)

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm trying to put together a final list of attendees but I'm really tired! Did I miss anyone?

1.Robin (RobbyGirl)
2.Julie (JAW)
3.Helen (HHC)
4.Martha (MRubyJean)
5.Christie (with Martha)
6.Nancy (Dragonstarr)
7.Trina (HOTMAMARAMA)
8.Shay (SHaynola)
9.Mellanie (GenXster)
10.Traci (Phoenix)
11.Christine (Rogue Gal)
12. ELS
13.Shara (Sharazoid)
14. Amy (AmyFaerie)
15.Holly (Wild Holly)
16.Melanie S
17.Rod (PixelDog)
18.Taylor (Organic Mama)
19.Peggy (Go-Go Gadget Girl)
20.Beth (Red Heart Studios)
21.Janni (Janis Elaine)
22.Meran
23.Sharon (Enotneica)
24.SisterSea
25.Katey Price (Local Artist)
26. Cheryl (JoyFlower)

Sharazoid
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Phew, I just rolled into my home about 30 min ago, a little tired, but happy with the wonderful memories of my time in Oregon. So much has been said about the OLG that echo my thoughts but if you'll indulge me I'd like to say it again.

Robin : I just want to say publicly just how impressed I am with you. You not only put together a sensational event but you made each of us feel very special for being there. You gave us more than just you time, you gave us a part of yourself. We noticed every time you sat with us and listened to our stories. We noticed every time you helped us run our errands because you wanted our needs met quickly. We noticed every time you brought us goodies and took us on tours of your wonderful community. You imparted your kindness and consideration and we quickly learned to adore you. You are a talented artist, a brilliant host and wonderful friend. Thank you so much.

The Coconuts : It was so much fun to meet all of you. I truely enjoyed seeing your art, watching you work, absorbing your lessons and especially getting to know you. Some of you are absolute nutbars. You know who you are...yup, I'm looking at you. My jaws are still hurting from all the laughter. You are delightful women, each unique and special. I'm blessed for knowing you and touched for letting me into your lives.

I'd also wish I could have traded art with more of you. I had so little prepared before I got there and I was having too much fun to complete more art during the event. Hopefully, I'll be able to resolve that one in days to follow.

I haven't even unpacked yet but hopefully I'll be able to upload some pics fairly soon. I'm sure every shot will show us looking prim and proper, diligently working on our art.

So eloquently said, my friend. I was honored to share space and art, laughter & tears, silliness beyond logic & open hearts, sharing souls...I don't really have words to express my deepest gratitude to all of you!

Robin - you take the prize for hostess with the mostest! Your truly generous heart & soul were appreciated by all. Thank you soooo much for doing all of the work to make this weekend happen. I was thrilled to share so much with all of you. So many memories that I will take away from this.

Thanks to Mellanie & Peggy for the OLG+ extra day in Portland. Have only been home for about an hour (& haven't really slept yet (overnight flight). Will catch up more & post pics after a nap.

meran
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
You guys!! You actually heard and listened!! ;D

(chemicals known by man and woman reference!)

Good luck to all of you... Paint something, remember to let it dry well ... I'm going to do an article for ArtTraderMag so you'll have it all in print, but prob not next issue (we'll see)... When I do I'll make sure to add many other kinds of items you can decorate/paint.

wildholly
08-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Go-go---I luv dem boots...will go well with your new socky designs!

Meran--It'll be great to see an article with all the info in print. YAY!

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry I have to ask this because I tried really hard to keep track of all of the marvelous host gifts that so many of you brought, but someone gave me an absolutely lovely wrap around bracelet with Blue Lace Agates and I can't find the sticky note I put with it! Please let me know who I have to thank for this lovely present?

RedHeartStudio
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Well I am back to reality today (working hard as you can see as I post on AFA) and I am going through OLG withdrawls....I wanna hang out with you all some more!!!

I am so very thankful that I got to meet all you amazing people and I had a great time and lots of laughs!!! Thanks for the wonderful memories you all!!!

Robin.....I LOVE YOU!!! (I'm just sayin'!!) :wub:

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Mwhaaa Big kisses Beth Baby. I was already trying to figure out how soon I could plan a trip to Arizona to see you (and Trina and Theresa too!)

Pixeldog
08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Yup...my OLG hangover is in full effect. I don't want to work but I do want to play with my new pals. Could someone please record Beth's signature laugh and play it back to us? I need a shot of Peggy's Tigger juice to get my energy up. (and yes, she does dress me funny).

jensaz
08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Mwhaaa Big kisses Beth Baby. I was already trying to figure out how soon I could plan a trip to Arizona to see you (and Trina and Theresa too!)
Whaaaaat about me??? I live here too.. OMG!! WTF!!!

RedHeartStudio
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Yup...my OLG hangover is in full effect. I don't want to work but I do want to play with my new pals. Could someone please record Beth's signature laugh and play it back to us? I need a shot of Peggy's Tigger juice to get my energy up. (and yes, she does dress me funny).

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

RedHeartStudio
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM

and of course to see you too Jen...the more the merrier!!! :wub:

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Holy Cannoli even more reasons to get there!

HHC
08-23-2011, 06:00 PM
So maybe the Arizona AFA-ers should host a gathering. :D

smokeysmom
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm so bummed I couldn't make the trip. Sounds like everyone had a blast. Next time (for sure) I'll be there with you all:)

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-23-2011, 06:26 PM
WildHolly requested a place to buy my socks, but the only place I know where everyone could buy them is online. So I thought I'd share it with the group...
http://www.sockdreams.com/products/brand/sock-it-to-me/sock-it-to-me-caffeinated

Don't blame me when you spend more than you should!!!

I'm having OLG withdrawals... I feel like I have the DTs.
THANKS TO EVERYONE! What a great extended weekend!

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I can vouch for how fantastic Peggy's socks are as she gifted me a pair. Here they are and they're not for sale...LOL

JanisElain
08-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey folks, here's an alphabetized list of OLG attendees with links to one of each person's posts (to make it easier to give rep points). Is anyone missing from this list?

Amy (AmyFaerie) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1060969&postcount=915)
Beth (Red Heart Studios) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070846&postcount=90)
Cheryl (JoyFlower) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1067180&postcount=1154)
Christie (not on AFA)
Christine (Rogue Gal) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1067730&postcount=2)
ELS (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1066274&postcount=1114)
Helen (HHC) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1071064&postcount=97)
Holly (Wild Holly) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070758&postcount=88)
Janni (Janis Elain) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070371&postcount=71)
Julie (JAW) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070414&postcount=79)
Katey Price (not on AFA)
Martha (MRubyJean) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1067212&postcount=1155)
Melanie S (MelanieS) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1067748&postcount=5)
Mellanie (GenXster) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1067468&postcount=1158)
Meran (Meran) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070755&postcount=87)
Nancy (Dragonstarr) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1066873&postcount=1145)
Peggy (Go-Go Gadget Girl) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1071097&postcount=99)
Robin (RobbyGirl) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070836&postcount=89)
Rod (PixelDog) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070873&postcount=92)
Shara (Sharazoid) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1068541&postcount=29)
Sharon (Enotneicna) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1069960&postcount=56)
Shay (ShayNola) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1066045&postcount=1095)
SisterSea (not on AFA)
Taylor (Organic Mama) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070003&postcount=1173)
Traci (Phoenix) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070234&postcount=67)
Trina (HOTMAMARAMA) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1070307&postcount=68)

RobbyGirl
08-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Rod I watched the Birch tree watercolor demonstration but wasn't able to do one and I want you to know you are such a great teacher! I painted a watercolor birch tree today with children's watercolors and acrylic brushes and all the wrong colors and it still turned out so much better than anything I could have done before! THANK YOU!

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Robin, you can tell you were once a model.. great shots of those socks!!! They never looked better than on your feet! ;)

RobbyGirl
08-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Awww schucks Pegs, They're great socks and I was wearing them anyway, it's kinda hard to take pics of your own feet ...lol

Sharazoid
08-24-2011, 12:52 AM
I am going through withdrawal too. Loved spending time with you all. So many laughs. So many fabulous new friends! Thank you all.

jensaz
08-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Holy Cannoli even more reasons to get there!

Good cover RG, I'm still just in my jealous phase for not being able to see all of you folks and have all the fun at OLG.. I'll get over it, but you'd better just find a way to get your tiny model butt here to AZ!!!!!

jensaz
08-24-2011, 01:24 AM
So maybe the Arizona AFA-ers should host a gathering. :D

Helen, Theresa and I were commenting on doing just that. Now we have even more incentive :rolleyes:

wildholly
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
jens,
I'll be out there this winter...so I'll hope to see you and the AZ bunch of wild women then....and get you to Portland 2012 too.

lilbad
08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I am spending the month of January in Lake Havasu! I'd love to see you all!

Sharazoid
08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
oh. Do I need to plan a trip to AZ in January? Beth? Trina?

RobbyGirl
08-24-2011, 03:17 PM
LOL I wouldn't mind coordinating with the big annual gem show in AZ in February but I have trips to Michigan, Florida and possibly Brazil to plan first.

Sharazoid
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
ooh. Good point, Robin. How far is Tucson from Lake Havasu? or Mesa?

wildholly
08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
The gem show is worth going for...we hit it right last year...fantastic...it's all over the entire town.
Shara...We stay in both Tucson and Mesa area....Lake Havasu in much farther West...Beth can give you the details.

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-24-2011, 04:17 PM
changing the subject... and showing off a bit... but if you don't toot your own horn, who will???

Check out my feature on the Sock It To Me website... their the people who made my socks!
http://www.sockittome.com/blog/sock-o-phile/

Pixeldog
08-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I love the picture of you in the bathtub smothered in socks. What a funny site.

JoyFlower
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Love it Peggy!!!

jensaz
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
jens,
I'll be out there this winter...so I'll hope to see you and the AZ bunch of wild women then....and get you to Portland 2012 too.

WOO HOO!!

RobbyGirl
08-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Peggy that's AWESOME!

wildholly
08-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Now we know how peggy takes her baths! LOL

RedHeartStudio
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Great page Peggy!! Love it! :)

Els
08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank you to everyone who made this gathering possible, from Robin who did such a exhaustive job of pulling it all together to those people there only in spirit…we could feel your love and laughter. It was a lovely, inclusive weekend, allowing everyone free expression of their wild woman (and man). I adored putting faces with names and art…though I found IRL names confusing! I kept asking, "yes, but what's your REAL (online) name?" I got over my awe/caution about some artists I've held in high regard - turns out everyone's a really lovely human being and totally approachable. I was fortunate to have the BEST roommate who stayed at the table after dinner, discussing matters essential to our progress as human beings, and in our room, sharing and listening even though it was WELL past the Witching Hour! Christine, YOU are a peach, lady, and if you ever want me for a roommate again, I am THERE!

Showing people new watercolor media and techniques with Copics was the usual delight of learning whilst teaching. The demos others presented were FAB! I am REALLY excited about playing with crayons and wax and napkins now!

Marvelous and unexpected connections and conversations overwhelmed me, and I didn't even get to talk to everyone. There simply wasn't enough time or enough of ME! It was truly sensory overload, and by Sunday afternoon I was wistful but ready to hop in my little truck and drive away, fully satiated. Even though I made almost zero art at the OLG, my Muse also experienced sensory overload and insisting on an outlet, art has been POURING out of me ever since! Tomorrow I get the boat packed for the trip to the San Juans…sailing for two weeks in the islands, oh yah, I think that'll give my Muse time to make plenty of art. Stay tuned...

October's gonna look pretty dull after all this!

Sharazoid
08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Totally rockin' the socks , Peggy. Thanks for sharing. Love the bathtub shot!

Sharazoid
08-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks for sharing Els. Over-stimulation was the norm, I think.

Just Ducky
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
poor lil' Ducky is in the dumps for missing all you gals and PD.. watercolor, my dream of some day doing...
love them SOCKS... gotta get socks...
everyone's decripition of OLG sounds yummy... and I think I am hearing a hint of an
Arizona gatherin' ??? more yummies...

HHC
08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
HEY!

CONGRATULATIONS to ShayNOLA for winning the July ATC contest!!!!

WOOT! :jiggy:

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-24-2011, 11:24 PM
:jiggy:

Els
08-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Peggy, you are EVIL to lure me over to that sock site! O the tights...I swooned when I saw the variety of tights. And then I saw the handwarmers and petticoats and ARMwarmers and sock garters and and and...

HotMamaRama
08-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi all - just catching up on the thread a little bit.

Oh my word Peggy - that is some sock collection! Very cool!
And I love that as I read your comments about your collection on that site, I could "hear" your voice as I read it. :)

I love that about everyone. Now as I read what you type, I can hear you saying it in my head. I've been missing everyone terribly. And I LOVE the idea of an Arizona gathering this winter!! We can have several to coordinate around everyones schedule. Tuscan is about 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours south of Mesa, Lake Havasu is 4 hours west from me. Well, that is if I'm driving, if Beth is driving she can make it there in just over 3 hours in Ruby. :)

I'm still sick unfortunately. I mostly just get the kids off to school in the morning and have been resting the remainder of the day. Going through lots of cold medicine and tylenol, etc. Wishing I had energy to do some art and put the suitcases away, but not happening yet. I REALLY hope no one else has caught this cold from me!!! And If you do Get sick with this crud, I am SO SORRY!!

Oh and congratulations Shay on being the monthly contest winner!! :wubclub:

Sharazoid
08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I can vouch for Peggy's sock collection & her amazing closet, which I got to see irl.
Congrats to Shay! You rock, sister.
I am tickled to hear your voices when I read posts. So cool.
Not sick, but still trying to catch up & finish unpacking & laundry... so I can make ATCs.
Continue being gentle with yourself Trina. This shall pass. *hugs*

Pixeldog
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Morning All

Just like the past few days, I woke up feeling all arty but have to work instead. Nuts eh! Last night I finally capitulated and unpacked the last of my art supplies. I think subconscienciously I was hoping to run off to another fun filled art weekend with a bunch of great artist who double as full time loonies. LOL I'm resisting getting back in the groove of real life.

RobbyGirl
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone for all the Rep (cause I am a rep hound, something about those little private messages tickle me :) ) and the eloquent and heart warming messages here in the thread. I am truly touched and your words have really has brightened my days since the event!

I'm just coming out of my post OLG haze and want to send a huge thank you and hug to all of you for journeying from your homes to come to visit me and my town. Many of you left behind family and spent your hard earned dollars to come share this time and I want you to know I recognize and greatly appreciate that! I am incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to meet each and every one of you and share this wonderful weekend of laughter and art together!

This is the second year I've been blessed enough to organize this event and the learning curve was a bit larger this time as our attendance increased almost 100% (YAY!) from last year. Bringing in an outside facility to hold the event instead of my home presented some of it's own challenges and while there were a few issues the room was gorgeous and spacious. All and all I'm pleased as punch with how the event turned out.

New friends were made, art was created and laughter abounded, I couldn't ask for more. I won't be hosting OLG next year since the big AFA event will be in Portland but I am part of that planning committee and look forward to seeing most of you there next year. I already have my sights set on OLG 2013 though and look forward to our next gathering in the Hood!!

Hugs to you all my sweet, artsy, nutball, and completely hilarious friends, your generosity knows no bounds and I feel beyond fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet and share this time with you all!

Just Ducky
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
hi Robin... just ROCKed ya gal... but then I got cut off in mid-sentence... dang computers.
but I wanting to add my thank you... since I couldn't make the BIg party, I had my Ducky there watching ya all... big thank you too Helen and Julie for taking care of my little guy and seeing he had lots of fun and food and drinks ??? my duck drinks ???
love all the pictures ya gals are sharing... hugs to everyone..

RobbyGirl
08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Ducky it was lovely having you with us in the form of your little totem....he sure is a cutie pie! Well I never actually saw him drink but he let me hold a little while at the Naked Winery as we checked out all the antics! He told me personally that the Costco cake that Melanie S was so awesome to have brought for us was delicious!

Pixeldog
08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I uploaded my siggie card....which makes it easier to see the details. For those who were asking I added a full description of how it came together. Did I mention that my siggie card is housebroken and require little assembly. LOL

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/184/small/1_PD-Potter4Web.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=249112)

Phoenix
08-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I love your sig card, PD, and must say it lived up to most of its advertisements, thus far :D

I really appreciate the reps and wonderful comments. I first want to say to Genxter, you were the best roomie ever as well.

I am going to have to wait to give more detailed reps until later. I've been having unexplained abdominal pain for about a month. I've had lots of scans and have been poked and prodded like crazy and the good news is I'm probably not going to die.. The bad news is the pain is, as of now out of control, so I might possibly be going into exploratory surgery this afternoon or evening. The docs assure me that whatever it is, it can't be major.

But I wouldn't have missed this weekend for the world, and hope to give credit as it is due, in a couple of days.

Love to all!

Sharazoid
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Yes, I am with Phoenix/Traci (this name thing is even more confusing now).
I love PDs sig card & all that it can do, but it is nothing compared to you, irl PD!:rolleyes:

Pixeldog
08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Shara...that's very kind of you. We just have to make a pact to meet up in Portland next year. How about it? You in?

Sharazoid
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM
As long as the dates work, I'll be there. I've got a few gigs in June & July, but I did put in a request for dates that work for me (2, 3 or 4 wkd in July).

RobbyGirl
08-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Traci (Phoenix) I'm so, so sorry to hear you are in pain! I hope that the problem resolves itself quickly and easily. Sending much positive vibes and hugs your way!

Els
08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Lost and Found Dept

I have:
a bag of scrapbook paper and a LARGE bottle of red wine that we thought belonged to Martha and Christie, but does not.

a Prismacolor pencil - PC1017 Clay Rose

a Copic Sketch marker BV00 - Mauve Shadow (I think this is portly MelanieS's)

and Merin, your stack of encaustic samples are with me…do you want me to add them to your package?

Can anyone claim any of this?

Els
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Not PORTLY, pro'ly...as in probably. Okay, now I'm blushing...what a horrid typo! Gack!

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-25-2011, 05:34 PM
I bet the large bottle of red wine is RogueGal's (Christine)
as for the other stuff, I have not a clue... not mine.

And to echo what others have said... WOW! What great rep points/comments. How can one feel down about themselves when friends say such wonderful things about you!
LOVE! HUGS!

DRAGONSTARR
08-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry I have to ask this because I tried really hard to keep track of all of the marvelous host gifts that so many of you brought, but someone gave me an absolutely lovely wrap around bracelet with Blue Lace Agates and I can't find the sticky note I put with it! Please let me know who I have to thank for this lovely present?

Hi Robin....That was me :)
Nancy (DragonStarr)

lilbad
08-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Dragonstar....missed seeing you and your wonderful art!

DRAGONSTARR
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Awwe...I missed you too, Lilbad :)

Sorry I'm so late in posting...I've had quite the week at work, whew! I wanted to also add to everyone else's posts: Robin was THE most fantastic hostess! I really appreciated all of her work and selfless giving of time and incovenience to make OLG happen. She is the sweetest gal and takes the time to listen and share with everyone. The tour and location were great, as was the meet and greet breakfast and of course the conference rooms. Thank you.

I really loved meeting everyone and am already missing you :P it was great having all of the tutorials and wandering around checking out everyone's art and techniques!

Most of all, I miss my roomies: Shay and Trina ****HUGS****

lilbad
08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
DH kept saying all weekend at the music fest.....I think you are wishing you are in Hood River....wonder how he knew it???

Sharazoid
08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Lilbad - Would've been great to meet you. I hope that you had fun at your music festival (even if you wanted to be with us).

RobbyGirl
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
We really did miss you Shirley! Rod had nobody to hold his wine glass during his watercolor demos :(

RobbyGirl
08-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Mwaaaah Nancy miss you too toots! Well the bracelet is awesome, I wore it today along with the gorgeous green glass earrings that Meran made for me...everyone kept asking me about my fabulous jewelry.

meran
08-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Um, I don't do encaustics,,, so how did I leave a bunch of samples?
Maybe Sharazoid?

can you put up a pic of what you have Els?

Pixeldog
08-26-2011, 01:34 AM
We really did miss you Shirley! Rod had nobody to hold his wine glass during his watercolor demos :(

Now don't be too hard on Shirely. Afterall, if she was holding my wine glass she would have to put one of her glasses down.

lilbad
08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
That's so true, Rod...!

HotMamaRama
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Shirley we did miss you, but if we had to be stood up for anybody... I think Alan Jackson in the flesh is a VERY GOOD reason!! Sounds like you had a grand time at that concert love!!! :)

Well gang, I am feeling a wee bit better, at the moment. This head cold thingy-majig is kicking my butt. I can't remember the last time I was this sick before. I've been wanting to give out rep points like halloween candy to trick or treaters, but my head has been in such a fog, that I haven't been able to focus long enough. Going to try and do some now while I have half a mind to do so, and promise to get you all within the next few days.

Still haven't put away all my art supplies, or suitcases. But have been getting lots of rest and watching a LOT of TV movies. Nothing helps a head cold better than Theraflu, a warm blanket, and a marathon of Planet Of The Apes and Si-Fi!!! ;) At least in my book.

JanisElain
08-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Trina -- I'm so glad you are starting to feel a little better. You really got slammed hard with this bug!! Please continue to take it easy, pamper yourself, and get lots of rest so you can fully bounce back.

Peggy (Go-Go-Gadget Girl) -- I'm LOVING the Chai Tea jug you gave me at the end of OLG! It's soooo yummy! I mix it with nonfat milk and a little vanilla syrup (thank you, Robin, for that idea!) and it's delish!!!

Lilbad -- We really did miss you at OLG. It would have been so fun to meet you! Next year in Portland, for sure!!

Everyone -- I MISS YOU!!! Let's quit our jobs and move to Hood River so we can hang out and do nothing but art (and socializing) for the rest of our lives! (LOL)

RobbyGirl
08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Peggy (Go-Go-Gadget Girl) -- I'm LOVING the Chai Tea jug you gave me at the end of OLG! It's soooo yummy! I mix it with nonfat milk and a little vanilla syrup (thank you, Robin, for that idea!) and it's delish!!!

Oh Yum an ice tea with vanilla syrup sounds like just the ticked on this hot day, I'm going to have to make one!

Everyone -- I MISS YOU!!! Let's quit our jobs and move to Hood River so we can hang out and do nothing but art (and socializing) for the rest of our lives! (LOL) That's what I did!

HotMamaRama
08-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I might have over done it a little today. Tried cleaning the house some, and only got the downstairs done before I was too pooped to pop. At least its a start! ;)

Janni I LOVE YOUR IDEA! We can start our own little artist commune in the Hood. Count me in!!

wildholly
08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi all!
I've been experimenting in my Labora-tory! Making a replica of the Lavender- Lemon Drop Martini with vanilla...and I've got a really good recipe using "RAIN" organic Lavender-Lemonade Vodka, so if anyone wants it...and/or my peanut butter cookies, let me know.

RobbyGirl
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I can't believe it's been a week since OLG started! I've been in a fog the last several days!

HotMamaRama
08-26-2011, 08:04 PM
My one regret from OLG is that I didn't get to have one of those lavender Lemon drop martinis. I would love your recipe Holly! Alcohol kills germs right!?!? :) ha ha

Els
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Post that recipe, Holly! We needs it...

wildholly
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
It'll set you to your senses alright! LOL--it's on the way chicka.

wildholly
08-26-2011, 08:24 PM
OK, I make no claims....just my own.. "YUM"!!!!!

Here's my version :
Be aware that the "simple syrup" is very sweet so adjust to your own taste preferences.

YUM! Lavender-Vanilla-Lemon Drop Martinis-wildholly version
8/26/2011

Make simple syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup warm water
16 springs of fresh lavender (not dried)
Get large wooden spoon or a muddler and muddle it real good.
Add 1 capful of real vanilla

Next: 1 fresh lemon
Grate one side for some fresh "zest"

I quarter the lemon and used only one quarter of the lemon
squeezed among two glasses.

Pour in 1-2 shots of Vodka per each glass. I used "RAIN" Organic Vodka (Flavor is Lavender-Lemonade) YUM!
Pour in 1-1.5 shots of simple syrup. Depends how sweet you want it.
I also added ice cubessince my simple syrup was luke warm.
Next time around I'll have my simple syrup well chilled already.

I then took the spent lemon quarter and rubbed it around the top of each glass.
You could also add sugar or salt and lavender buds like the restaurant did--but I omitted that.
Just delicious is all I can say! Plus YUMMMMMMY!

mrubyjean
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you, Holly! I can't wait to try it...I also regret having the real thing in Hood River!!

meran
08-26-2011, 09:47 PM
yeah, Holly, I'll try one at home. That restaurant charged too much for my pocket book for one of those!
and I have fresh lavendar outside, blooming.. (did you add fresh herbs to your recipe??)

to all here: I started a thread, About Meran... there are doglet pictures there ;) I'll update it occasionally .. prob better than Facebook.

about Facebook; some of you have already friended me.. please keep that up! I post things there now and then too. In fact, in one of my albums is the glass bowl I made for a fave author, Cat Valente... it's orange. Go see! My other albums are mostly artwork, some atc size, some not.

Sharazoid
08-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi all!
I've been experimenting in my Labora-tory! Making a replica of the Lavender- Lemon Drop Martini with vanilla...and I've got a really good recipe using "RAIN" organic Lavender-Lemonade Vodka, so if anyone wants it...and/or my peanut butter cookies, let me know.

Me, please! That was one of the bestest things I ever tasted!

You can bring them to our art commune in HR!;)

JanisElain
08-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Holly - thank you for the recipe! My mouth was actually watering as I read it!!!

Glad we've agreed to start a commune in HR. We can grow our own lavendar and make our own martinis (using Holly's recipe, of course!)

Meran - your glasswork is beautiful!!! Someday, I'd love to see your workshop.

meran
08-28-2011, 12:10 AM
it's a mess, right now.. I'm still unpacking, after all these years. it would have been different if the house was Move In Ready :D
I have LOTS to look at tho! And many projects in mind...

and thanks for the compliment :embarrassed:

meran
08-29-2011, 12:27 AM
the inchies are cooking as I write this.
I'll put fresh batteries in the camera and take pics tomorrow..
I want to keep them all, bwahahahahaha...:mask:

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Holly I would LOVE the cookie recipe too! I loved them so much!

Can't believe it's been a week...
My Naked Winery tattoo finally disintegrated tonight... 10 whole days!
(and yes, I've been showering, everyday!)

Can't wait to see you all next year!
(and some of you sooner!)

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Almost forgot... I finally went through all the stuff I got at OLG and what a generous bunch! The goodie bags were awesome! I loved all the sig cards! And it was fun to trade! Thanks again!!!

I haven't had a chance to sort through all the photos I took, but when I do, I will posting them on Facebook. You can find me there as Peggy Pfunninger. ;)

Sharazoid
08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Me too! Crazy week. Irene was just a tropical storm, but lots of rain. We only lost power for 4 hours, but areas nearby are still without. Will post pics as soon as I can (on FB & here).

Go-Go Gadget Girl
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
My OLG Boyfriend, thanks to WildHolly! :D

MelanieS
08-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Wow, what a amazing (and a bit overwhelming) gathering!
Sorry I have not chimmed in until now, but I am still recovering physically and mentally from the OLG weekend. After doing nothing but sleep in bed for 4 days, I am feeling more "normal". For those who don't know my background, I have many health, autoimmune issues: Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynauds, Arthritis, and also Congetive Heart Failure. After I got back home, the traveling and stress, and FUN, hit me like a brick and I was forced to stop. That was one of the reasons my hubby was going to come with, so he could take the stress of driving from me and to keep and eye out to make sure I didn't over do things. But, he couldn't, because my daughter had other plans.
Anyway, enough about my pathetic health!
I wanted to Thank everyone who was in attendance. I think I spoke to everyone of you personally, except for maybe Rod?
I really enjoyed all the different art going on, and loved learning about new techniques. So much ART, so little time!
I also wanted to Thanks Robin, for organizing and hosting this wonderful event. Thanks for your time, and patience, and super smile!
And thanks to Shara, Traci, Helen, and Martha, for sharing the world of wax with me. (I already bought my little pink iron!) And especially Els, Lorien, for making me more confused anout my copics! (Nah, just kidding!) No, really, thanks for sharing more things about copics with me and for the gift!
{Hugs} looking forward to the next gathering!
Mel

MelanieS
08-31-2011, 03:30 AM
ckicket cricket cricket.....did I say something wrong???
Seems that there was a lot of traffic here until I posted.
Hmmmm:eek::(:unsure::twitcy::skeptical:

meran
08-31-2011, 05:03 AM
I tried to rock you; did it work?
I have FMS also, plus most of the other stuff, and I'd pulled a muscle a month ago apparently in my rt hip so that's giving me fits too! Next year, drive to my house and I'll drive the rest of the way there (oh wait, it'll skip a year)
Rest up, my dear.. Did you see the pompics (on my Touch, "pompics" corrected to "pollutes" lol) on the new thread I started called "About Meran"? I put them on ther mostly for you ;)

Pixeldog
08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Melanie...sorry we didn't get a chance to talk at the OLG. I tried to head your way a couple of times but either got intercepted or somebody dragged something shiny in front of me and I had to chase it. In other words, the intentions were there but circumstances got in the way. I think we were simultaneously doing demos so I even missed out on that.

In fact there were a few others that I only managed to get a few minutes with. You'd think that two days would be enough but I guess we need more time. I think it means we all have to get together in Portland next year and renew our friendships and make even more of them.

HotMamaRama
08-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi all!! Still have green goo coming out of my head, but otherwise I am mucho better!!! :)

Melanie - I had no idea you has so much going on health wise. :eek: If it's any consolation, ya sure can't tell by looking at you darling!!! :) Sounds like OLG weekend knocked a few of us on our behinds!!! Hope you recover quickly dearest.

I know for me, even under the circumstances, I'm sure glad I still got to hang out with so many great artist peeps! I don't think I was coherent enough Saturday to participate in many tutorials. I think I lasted the longest at Martha's wax goodness, but otherwise, my head was just in a cloud all weekend. I barely got to parooze over to the table at the other wall on occation. I sure wish I could have spent more time watching you all art it up IRL. I know I could have learned so much more.

At least we'll have AFA 2012 in PDX to catch up again!!!

I have been able to sneak in some coloring on a few atcs & chunky lites this week so far. And as soon as I get a few more done I will post them all to my gallery and let you all know. Since they were all supposed to be for trade at OLG, I want to give first dibs to all of you OLG peeps first! :) I know I owe a few of you ATC's and Chunky pages anyways....

Okay - back to coloring. :) Miss you all!!! XO

HotMamaRama
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Have I mentioned that it is hard to concentrate and focus on art when you are REALLY HOT!?!?! We have had the hottest August on record here in AZ! For the past 30 + days, we have not had temperatures BELOW 110 degrees fahrenheit during the day!!!!! :rolleyes: How crazy is that!?!?! Making me miss Alaskan summers just a wee bit!!!!

Fantasia
08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
WOWZA! that is hot....and you already a HotMamaRama....must be tough!!!:arghh:

HotMamaRama
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
That's why the new name is so perfect huh Terry! I'm cooking down here!!! Can't imagine how much that is going to suck when the actual hotflashes start!!! LOL

JanisElain
08-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Peggy - Thanks for posting a pic of your BF! (LOL)

MelanieS - I'm so sorry you have to deal with so many health issues. But I'm glad you were able to get some solid rest after OLG to recover and recharge your batteries. It's amazing how several days/nights of sleep can help us to bounce back. :D

Trina - YIKES that's hot!!! I'm not sure I could handle that kind of heat (air conditioning would be a must in that kind of climate, for sure!) How fun that you've been creating beautiful art, though, while trapped by the heat!

RobbyGirl
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Oh Mama that is way too hot for this girl! You guys experienced the warmest weather we had the whole Summer. It's a chilly 68 degrees today! Although we are expecting to get back to 90 on Saturday.

jensaz
08-31-2011, 05:18 PM
That's why the new name is so perfect huh Terry! I'm cooking down here!!! Can't imagine how much that is going to suck when the actual hotflashes start!!! LOL

UHM yeah, then you join MY club dearie!! Nothing worse than hot flashes in the middle of the freakin desert heat. AHHHHH but it's a DRY heat I hear....

Anyway, I think it's gonna cool all the way down to the high 90's in a few days, so get out your sweater!! :twitcy:

JanisElain
08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I thought you might like to see the altered tin (my first ever!) that I made to store my OLG siggy cards and photos. It's made from a baby shower gift card tin (also shown in the photo). I sanded it, painted it with alcohol inks and iron paint, then rusted the iron paint with a rusting compound. I added crackle paint, acryllic paint, and gel medium, and mica, beads and trinkets on a key chain (which I attached to a hole in the label). Fun!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/185/large/1_OLG_box_2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/185/large/1_OLG_box_1.jpg

RedHeartStudio
08-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Love this Janni!!! Awesome job for your first ever!!!!

Sharazoid
08-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Hurricane aside, we've had a pretty hot August, too...though it has cooled off to the upper 70 & lower 80s this week. We've even had chilly mornings. Almost fall.

RobbyGirl
08-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Gorgeous Janni love it! You'll have to join my next altered Altoid Tin swap!

HotMamaRama
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Janni - that tin is so wicked cool! I like your version WAY better!!! :) what a clever idea!!!

Jensaz - I saw that the weekend forecast mentioned something about temps under 100, but I almost don't believe it. I had the landscape guy ask me today if we've given any thought to "winter seeding" the lawn soon. SERIOUSLY!?!? Winter??? It's %#@!*€ 113 degrees outside and he's talking "winter" to me!!!! I seriously can't wrap my head around that just yet. I told him to remind me when we hit the 80s! LOL

HHC
08-31-2011, 10:39 PM
Trina, do you know how much I'd love to be in 80 degree weather? LOL!

Janni, your tin rocks!

enotneicna
08-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow, Janni...love your altered tin!!!

DRAGONSTARR
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Oh boy, can I tell ya.....major suck! :twitcy:

Wow...that is awful hot!!! eeesh.

DRAGONSTARR
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Janni..pretty cool tin :)

JanisElain
09-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments about my OLG tin. It was really fun to make, and will be a great way to store all the fun photos and siggy cards. :D I haven't done an altered tin before, but now that I see how fun it is I'll definitely do it again!

DebbaPeot
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Alright, I am hoping that you all took pictures of the Oregon gathering and have posted them somewhere? Please let me know. I'd love to gander at them if you can send me a link?

Janis, your tin turned out fantastic!!!

Hugs!

Go-Go Gadget Girl
09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I put mine on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150438732024572.452432.823454571

RedHeartStudio
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
mine as well.....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2067042914007.2110938.1182832183

HHC
09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, odd to say, I got most of the Ducky. The group shots came out blurry. :err: LOL! I'm so glad some of you got fabulous photos of everyone!

The ones of the Duck are on my blog... three separate posts:
http://hhcampbell.blogspot.com/2011/08/duckys-adventure-part-1.html
http://hhcampbell.blogspot.com/2011/08/duckys-adventure-part-2.html
http://hhcampbell.blogspot.com/2011/08/duckys-adventure-part-3.html

mrubyjean
09-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh, Helen...the 'Adventures of the Duck in Hood River(in three parts)' is just adorable! I was tickled to have the Duck at my demo.

jaw
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
omg ... Helen! What a kick in the butt! I've been so busy that I had forgotten to check in your blog! How cute!!!! It was such fun having ducky there!!!

Just Ducky
09-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Ducky just won't quit quacking... he still all a flutter about his adventure to Hood River..
he will never be happy on his little duck pond now.. and them zetti legs... prances around like a duck on lemons...
Helen, I want to thank you .... it was great fun ... I got a Happy Duck... so I happy...
but now I got this party animal on my hands...

meran
09-07-2011, 05:51 AM
see the attachments for pics of the glass inchies that were made. (in making the attachments, the two groups were transposed, somehow.. so, group 1 has 2 columns, group 2 has 3.)
Group 1 = left to right (2 columns)
Shaynola Julie
Katey Sharazoid
Beth RH(?)S Sharazoid
Martha Janni
Enot Martha
Group 2 = left to right EXCEPT the three off to the side, which are mine
Cheryl Cheryl
AmyFaerie Els
OrganicMama Els
OrganicMama Julie

Now, you know who you are ;) IF I have the names wrong, I'll be reingraving them on the backs (sorry.. I've already made ONE error).. but let me know what your addys are, if you aren't local.. if you ARE local (or local enough that a car ride is okay with you), let me know when you'd like to pick them up... otherwise, do like the others, and send me the addresses to mail them to.
My pm box here is most of the time kinda full: I apologize. I've tried to empty it out some.. :P

To you others who didn't get to play with the glass inchies, well, shame on you! Next year at the gathering then!
(same with the rest of you, who'll come and see my demo and play with me with glass and paint!)

ps. I will be doing an article on glass inchies (hey Sal or EQ :D) in an issue of ArtTraderMag, closer to the gathering date...

pps. those of you who used the thicker paste, please note: tho I waited 8 days and it was dry to the touch, some of the thicker lines STILL 'burst'.. so you'll get to see that demo first hand ;)

ppps. MY inchies are up for trade. Yeah, they were all 'demos'.. so they may not be as fine as I would have them normally. But still, YOU might like them. :D Those of you who made inchies get first grabs at them.. we can trade your glass inchie for one of mine, if you so choose!

RobbyGirl
09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Meran you did such a wonderful job with this thank you! I still haven't mailed your table covers I've been running to beat the band lately! I will get them out this week ;)

Sharazoid
09-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Meran - Those inchies look great! Thanks so much for doing the demo, donating supplies & time...& firing them.

Debby & all - I have been really slow, but I will post pics soon.

Pixeldog
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Here's a link to some of the pictures I shot. I can't remember if I saved this folder for the public or whether you have to be on my FB friends list. Try it out and let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/media/set/?set=a.10150274370378797.329267.675358796

jaw
09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
not public PD ... :cute:

JanisElain
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Meran,

Those look fab! Thank you for letting us try our hands at painting glass -- and for firing them!

In group one, mine is 4th down on the left (so it may be transposed with Martha's if I'm reading your post correctly. Mine is the dark one with the red dots (not the one with pink and black).

Do you have my addy? Janni Elain, 20120 4th . . . . (let me know if you need the rest of it).

Thanks Meran - you're a dear!!! :D

Els
09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Finally back from weeks of amazing fun, and have just posted the photos I took
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2339040242621.136932.1448353191

DRAGONSTARR
09-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Helen...I love your Ducky blog!!!! So cute!!! :D

meran
09-08-2011, 05:33 AM
janni, (and the rest), yes, I need your addy.... I'm 'new' over here.. no addys yet in my rolodex.
The pics are correct... just transposed when I uploaded (which is weird since I did it in the proper order.. go figure) I was very careful about keeping everything in layout order with the grid everyone used to lay them in...

Pixeldog
09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
not public PD ... :cute:

You're supposed to friend me Julie....LOL. Anyways, I made the album public so anyone should be able to get in and see it.

jaw
09-08-2011, 11:42 AM
You're supposed to friend me Julie....LOL. Anyways, I made the album public so anyone should be able to get in and see it.

or are you supposed to friend me??? why does the girl always have to do everything?

meran
09-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Cuz we're fearless ;)

wildholly
09-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I love that!

meran
09-14-2011, 03:26 AM
YOU would, Holly!
When you gonna come visit me? :)

meran
09-14-2011, 03:27 AM
About the glass inchies: only half of you have responded with places for me to send them home.
I guess that means I may be handing out iTraders for inchies I've 'received' ;)

Just Ducky
09-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Hello all ya OLG gals and guy.... this week I got in the mail this biggie box of STUff from HHC... now Helen was so kind to take my Ducky to your party as I couldn't be there...
and he sure did have a blast... he ain't quite quacking since he got back to the pond...

anyways... Helen included a stack of you's signature cards... and I thank each of you... and will YOU ROCK ya all...

a special thank you to Janni, as she made a Just Ducky name tag for me and the duck...

Helen, you are so sweet... really she is...(I don't listen to gossip) :D ;) :jiggy: got ya gal.
the Ducky you took to the PARTY is super and I love his avaitor hat complete with propeller... he's still talking about that super cake that Melanie brought but I wish you would have cut him off at just one of them lemon ? drinks ... still waddleling sideways..
but all laughs aside... I thank each of you for making my non-trip to Oregon such a fun time... RobbyGirl... ya did good.. sure wish I had been there with the duck... and thanks everyone. Hugs. Nancy (oh and the Duck)

enotneicna
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone...and I have wonderful news. There is a little shop in Coos Bay called "Unique Creations" and I now have a section of corner shelves for my "Wasp Parchment". 6 shelves that measure 13 inches long by 10 inches deep by 12 inches tall...all for $20 a month and all she takes is 12%. And on November 11th and 12th at the North Bend Community Center I will be taking part in the 3rd annual Holiday Bizaar and gift show...I have a 5 ft round table and the cost for both days was $35. I am going to be very busy...so if you don't see me around here that is why...I have lots of Wasp Parchment Items to create.

I also was to tell everyone who gave me advise on marketing and selling, thank you all so much again!!!!!!!

love you all!!!!!!!!

mrubyjean
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Congratulations, Sharon...that's so exciting!
I know you will do well...your wasp parchment creations are ultra cool!

RobbyGirl
09-25-2011, 07:16 PM
That's fabulous Sharon! I know you'll do well!

Meran I am a bum and still have your table covers sitting in the backseat of my car to be mailed. I will get them out this week, so sorry for the delay!

HotMamaRama
09-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Eno that is so cool!! Hope you sell everything!!!! :) Best of Luck to you dearest!

meran
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Robbygirl, YOU're a bum? lol
I still haven't mailed out the inchies.. it seems like time is GONE.. not just racing by, anymore.. :D

RobbyGirl
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi Wonderful OLG Peeps! I wanted to stop in and extend another huge, huge thank you to all of you! Many of you gifted me with textured and fibrous paper when you came to visit, knowing I needed it to create my torn paper collages and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have it on hand for my latest project, a donation for a Humane Society Auction. This is Wendell, I created him from all the lovely paper you gifted.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/large/1_Canvas_Art_for_Life_8_X_10_Wendell_and_Wendell.J PG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_Canvas_Art_for_Life_8_X_10_Wendell_and_Wendell.J PG)

He'll go on a canvas next. I've been documenting the process on my blog and there are better pictures on my Facebook page (links in my siggy line) if you care to check it out.

RobbyGirl
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
oh ps. someone gave me a whole book of samples of handmade japanese paper from chicago...WOW...they were particular helpful for the small bits I needed...Love this book so much! Christine your paper saved my day when I needed just the right color in a fibrous piece to give Wendell a furry. Mad Love to you all!

lilbad
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Wowza!

Rogue Gal
11-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Robin, your piece is just incredible! I gave you a book of Japanese paper samples but they were small, maybe 4x6. Not sure if this is the one you are referring to. I for one was happy to hand off all those papers to someone who would use them! And you use them so beautifully! I'm sure that your Wendell piece will bring much needed funds to the Humane Society - brava to you!!

RobbyGirl
11-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh that was it Christine, what an awesome book of samples wherever did you find it? Huge thanks and hugs!

Pixeldog
11-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Cool work Robin....bow-wow-licious. That looks like it would be a fun process.

mrubyjean
11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Wonderful, Robby!!

enotneicna
11-05-2011, 10:06 PM
wow Robby, you are awesome with the torn paper art...this is just incredible!!!

RobbyGirl
11-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Awww thanks you guys! I really love working with the torn paper and you all gave me such delicious paper to work with and I'm a sucker for a good cause (shhhh don't tell anyone!)

JanisElain
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Robin, I have been "in hiding" (with my face buried in a school book!) since September, and have hardly had time to come up for air. . . so haven't been keeping up on the threads :(

But just saw Wendell and had to comment -- he's AMAZING!!! I think your torn paper version looks better than the real thing! :D Wow!!!

RobbyGirl
11-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I posted the finished canvas of Wendell in my gallery if anyone would like to see it. :)

lilbad
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
You did a wonderful job on it...congrats!

RobbyGirl
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much Shirley! Love those pooches so I hope it garners some good bids and money for the cause!

Sharazoid
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Amazing work Robin! It shows your love of dogs & your keen artistic sensibility. Well done!

DRAGONSTARR
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Robin, fantastic artwork ....love your torn paper art and he is too cute!

Els
11-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Seems to me that technique (AND subject) would translate beautifully to a 4x4 format!

RobbyGirl
12-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Well my torn paper pet portraits have really taken off I've had 5 orders since I created Wendell. Here are a brother and sister I created Brewski and Babe. Thanks again everyone for the papers. I desperately need more textured paper especially the kind that has fibers in it and thinner tissue like papers that layer easily, high on my list are browns, reddish browns and golden colors. PM me if you have something I'd be happy to pay postage and do something/trade something to you in return.

Brewski in torn paper and his photo. Brewski on Canvas. Babe in torn paper and her photo.

lini
12-03-2011, 04:52 PM
It's just uncanny how alive you make the animals look. :yes:

RobbyGirl
03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
The Gorge Artist Open Studio Tour is the weekend of April 13, 14, 15. Anyone want to come hang out and tour the studios with me?

Go-Go Gadget Girl
03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Maybe me! ;))

RobbyGirl
03-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Yay, let me know! If you make the drive I'll pay for your Ticket/Map.

mrubyjean
03-03-2012, 08:55 PM
We may be able to make it too!

enotneicna
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM
For all of you who remember my friend SisterSea from our 2011 gathering in Hood river. She was in a car accident last weekend...she got t-boned...she went to the hospital in the ambulance but not overnight and her daughters are taking very good care of her, but she is very bruised and very sore all over...I talked to her today and I could hear the pain in her voice. She is a member although she hasn't been on much....I just thought you would all like to know...now everything is in the hands of the insurance companies. The weirdest thing she said was the license plate of the car that hit her..."1evil1...

love-n-blessings to all
always
Sharon (Eno)

Els
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
So sorry to hear of your friends accident. She seemed like a very nice woman, though very likely overwhelmed by the intensity of all of us who've "known" one another for ages. Sending healing vibes her way...

mrubyjean
07-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes, so sorry to hear of her accident!
All good wishes for a complete recovery.

Pixeldog
07-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I hope she's alright and makes a speedy recovery. Strange thing about the license plate.

Sharazoid
07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Wishing SisterSea quick and complete recovery.

RobbyGirl
07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Oh No, poor SisterSea, how awful! Please let her know that we are sending healing energy and wishes for a quick recovery.