PDA

View Full Version : #15 DADA's Moley Round #2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

midnitecreations
12-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Merry Christmas to all! I'm working on AnnD's moley. It's 3/4 finished, but I had to put it aside to finish Christmas preparations. I'm hoping to finish it Monday and put in the mail no later than Tuesday.

kat
12-24-2011, 01:18 PM
My tutoree was so inspired by this group that she made me a journal for Christmas. The cloth cover features whimsical cats, the endpapers are purple paisley, & the pages are made of heavy watercolor paper (she deckled the edges and painted the first entry on the flyleaf). She clearly is delighted with her creation and rightly so. Now, I am totally traumatized by what I may do with this precious gift.

Best wishes to you all in the new year!

Els
12-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Use it, dear Kat, and fill it with your glorious artwork, and then - perhaps - return it to her. Or simply pay the deed forward by creating another journal and giving it to someone else to fill - I'm available! Har!

AnnD
12-24-2011, 03:31 PM
That's a lovely gift, kat! And Els, you totally crack me up!

DADAology
12-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Jewels Kat's moley was mailed today, but doubt it goes out until tomorrow. I so apologize it is so late. 97% of her layout is cut and pasted in the book. Took longer than I thought. You can see in the picture the leaves are not pasted down. Each end leaves over lap but are not pasted to the artist before or after my pages. The two in the middle best show the leaves are not attached. Hope you like it Kat...
Annette

Jewels
12-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Wow. That's gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person Dada.

Els
12-28-2011, 03:57 AM
That is SO cool, Annette! Like Jewels, I look forward to seeing that one f2f!

kat
12-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Wow, indeed! The three-dimensional effect is terrific & no doubt even more so in person. Thanks!!

AnnD
12-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Really wonderful spread, Dada! All of that cutting work does take a lot of time. I can empathize!

Els
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Rubyot? Any idea about when you might send Midnite's moley to me?

DADAology
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Everyone if possible post a tentive mail date, I know the holidays has put us all behind but just keep everyone in the loop.....thanks.

Jewels
12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Kat's book has arrived, safe and sound, and wow, it's turning out grand.

I still have Artylady's as well. I'm afraid I've been fooling around at the Artathon instead of finishing it. I'm going to try to get it off during the first week of January.

DADAology
01-01-2012, 02:13 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.........2012 wow!

Glad the book arrived.

burningthirteen
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone and happy new year! I haven't forgotten about this and will have the next book out by the week's end. Sorry for the delay and hope that every one had happy holidays

Jewels
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Artslady's Moley should be done and on it's way to Rubyyot this week also.

AnnD
01-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Annette, I meant to clarify: At one point, you asked me to collage, but you prefer drawing in general, so before I get started, what shall I do for you, dear? :)

Jewels
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Artsylady's Moley is done. Here's some picts. I'll be sending it out to Rubyyot today since I have to make a run to the PO anyways.

ArtsyLady
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Julia,

I love them, you have captured the carefree innocence in their play...Thank you so much

AnnD
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Completely adorable! The girl in the red skirt loves her outfit SO much! (And so do I!)

Els
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Very nice work, Jewel!

Jewels
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks everyone. SO glad you liked it Artsy.

I thought the kids turned out well but it was kinda plain so I added the sign and the hopscotch and Marbles. That seemed to do the trick.

kat
01-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Super, Jewels!! The girl on the far right is my favorite -- love the boots!

DADAology
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
It's your 4 pages do what ever you are lead to do...I will like it either way....

Annette, I meant to clarify: At one point, you asked me to collage, but you prefer drawing in general, so before I get started, what shall I do for you, dear? :)

DADAology
01-05-2012, 12:31 PM
great job jewels....

DADAology
01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
A little "pep" talk....the holidays are now past us so hopefully we can get back on track. This is the tracking I have as of today.
Jewels book is actually ahead of schedule.....the fourth (I counted the book owner as the first) person in each group should have received each artist book by 19 Dec, some of us were late....Jewels book is on it's 5th artist....I show that Artsylady has the book.
Rubyyot's book is on track, book is with Artsylady and should be mailed by Jan 19 to keep on schedule.
ELS' book is on track with Midnitecreations and should be mailed by Jan 19
AnnDs book is running a bit late - Midnitecreations has the book please give an "about" to mail time frame. :>)
Kat's book is on schedule, however I was late sending it to Jewels by at least a week...I will do better...
Artsylady's book is late getting to Rubyyot by a week or so but is on it's way as of 4 Jan
Midnitecreation's book is late, I show that Rubyyot still has the book, please give us an "about" when mail date...:>)
Dadaology's book is on track and with AnnD now

If the above info is incorrect please let me know.....But we need to pick up the pace now.....thanks to all of you for keeping the thread going and letting us know when you mail and receive your books....great job and Happy New Year....

ArtsyLady
01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I have both Jewels and Rubyyot's...I will finish with rubyyot's and have it mailed by the 19th..
Jewels' I'm having a little difficulty with, so I'm glad I have until the 19th of Feb. to complete it.

DADAology
01-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the update...artsy...

midnitecreations
01-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Ann's Moley mailed today. Will post pics. soon.

AnnD
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Yay! *Claps excitedly*

midnitecreations
01-09-2012, 09:18 PM
For your excited clapping you get ....drum roll please.....a preview!:D

Hope you can read the writing on the wall! Sorry it was so late, but besides the holidays, there was another issue at our house. It seems because everyone was home, they all felt they had a right to but in anytime and add their suggestions:yikes: By the time I finally got something done, there were so many suggestions, my mojo left me for a little bit because it seems my family thinks I'm a lot better drawer than I really am and that I could come up with odd alice's having a battle with star war troopers flying in Fighter jets! I don't know about you, but that wasn't odd to me. That was downright cool! So, I went back to my original idea remixed a gazzilion times! Hope you like it Ann.

AnnD
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
YAAAAAY! I love it! I am sorry it's taken me awhile to respond. I clicked on the attachment, and then I got stuck in a loop and couldn't get back. :mad:

That dog totally slays me. Love him - and all the little "dolls." Great Charm School Dropouts!

midnitecreations
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
So glad you like. I was getting worried. NO one said anything. Thought I'd gotten it all wrong! I was pretty sure the bubblegum blowing dog with a red mohawk would work, but wasn't sure if I'd totally missed the mark on the rest. Figure odd comes in every shape and style.

AnnD
01-11-2012, 02:32 PM
So sorry to make you worry, Renu! You hit the mark four times over! <3

DADAology
01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry too, Renu, I have been home sick with my granddaughter and haven't been on much. Haven't checked the mail today but will let you know if it arrives. Great job by the way.

DADAology
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
AnnD's book arrived and it is awesome!!!! the pictures just never do the art justice.. Love it Renu....gosh now hard shoes to follow......Ann you will love it.

AnnD
01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I am so excited to see it at the end!

midnitecreations
01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
AnnD's book arrived and it is awesome!!!! the pictures just never do the art justice.. Love it Renu....gosh now hard shoes to follow......Ann you will love it.

So glad it arrived and thank you so much for the comments!

ArtsyLady
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Renu, Rubyyot's headed your way today.

DADAology
01-16-2012, 11:14 PM
I have been trying to contact Ruby and haven't heard anything. the last time she was on was around the 5th, if anyone has heard from her let us know. I sent an email to her home email and if I don't hear from her by the time I get home from work tomorrow I will give her a call. Hopefully she is okay and we will hear from her soon.

Els
01-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Frustrating...sorry it's happening

midnitecreations
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM

I received Rubyyot's moley today. Wow, the artwork in it is fantastic. Ironic, I've got Rubyyot's moley and she's got mine, especially since, she has not been communicating as to when mine is done and moving on! I'm happy to let the artists spend an extra month on mine, since they will have limited time when it finally moves on, but first Rubyyot has to communicate as to when she's going to work on it and mail it forward.

DADAology
01-17-2012, 06:38 PM
As I said yesterday if I haven't heard from her by email by the time I get home tonight I will try to call her. If that fails I will contact admin. I don't want to be mean, but as I told her in the email we all have to stay in constant contact, this is a heartfelt project and none of us take it lightly and want all that participate to enjoy the rewards and not have it drag out. I will help her with what ever I can, but we have to know what's going on.

ArtsyLady
01-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I think she also has mine...:err:

midnitecreations
01-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Annette, I agree. Communication is the key here. I too sent her a pm and didn't get anything back. I however, now have her moley, and fair's fair. I'll pass it on, when she passes mine on. If anyone disagrees with that, let me know.

Els
01-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Yep, I did, too. :skeptical: I really hate being under the gun, and having TWO moleys queued up feels like enourmous pressure. :confused: FORtunately, Ann has assured me she's cool under pressure. And I know that our lovely Annette is another cool customer, and has the experience to deal with difficulties such as this one, so I have faith this train'll be back on track very soon. Okay, maybe my faith is a tad shaky, but I remain hopeful.:yes: Oh FUN...I had occasion to use emoticons!

kat
01-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I hope you can get in touch with her & everything works out without too much difficulty.

DADAology
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I called the phone number she gave me and the answering machine answered and the voice I didn't understand what they said, but it was also full so I couldn't leave a message. I contacted admin and below is what was suggested. If she hasn't been on line since the 5th and her machine is full I hope she hasn't fallen ill and no one knows to contact us. I always hate to believe the worst in people until I know for sure....but.... at this point - what do you think we take her out of the loop. Do not send any more books to her, that being Kats, AnnD's and ELs. If I'm not mistaken she has Artsylady's with 3 finished artist spreads in it (excluding hers) and Midnites with two artist prior to her. I will continue to try and contact her. Jewels you are the one that sends to her and ELs you receive from her, I don't see why you couldn't try and contact her. Lets all just keep her in our prayers and believe this will not end badly.

I have already decided that my next Moley RR will have some stern cautions for anyone joining....:>)

ADMIN:
IF she doesn't respond -as per the FAQs -
iTrader for players removed from a Moley group:
-If someone worked in a player's moley, and the player DIDN'T do theirs, they should receive a Negative until they mail pages, the rating will then be changed to a Neutral.
-If a player holds up a moley for more than 2 weeks past the mail out dead line, the owner can give neutral at their discretion.

midnitecreations
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm totally ok with her mailing mine forward without doing any artwork in it

Els
01-18-2012, 01:47 PM
So, does Jewel send directly to me now? What a mess. I've been the person who disappeared due to illness - in a Dada swap, in fact - so I know that things can go awry with health, but I made a point of asking my sweetheart to contact anyone affected by my absence, which is only fair.

Hopefully this will all work itself out. Stressful for everyone.

BTW, I have no problem adding my own work to the last pages of my moley, which were scheduled for Rubyot.

Jewels
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
So I'm supposed to send Kat's Moley to Els on Jan 19th? Right?
Or should I wait to see if Rubyyot checks in.

DADAology
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Until we know something diferent, skip Ruby and send to the next person. My concern are the two she has. They are getting farther and farther behind, but we will catch them up as soon as we have them returned. I will continue to try and contact her. It may be at this point she is embarassed and just wants to hide and I don't want her to feel that way, things can happen I want her to understand that and we move forward. Even if she just want to pull out and send the books to me we can get them back in the loop.

midnitecreations
01-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Things happen and so does life. I'm truly ok if she can't work on my book and just passes it forward. It's the not knowing what's going on and the non communication that makes this a bigger deal than it needs be.

DADAology
01-18-2012, 07:50 PM
you are correct....

kat
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I agree we need to keep the moleys moving. In order to do that we need to skip her now. But I know I've had rough times in my life that I'm unwilling to share, and she may be having trouble of some kind that makes this artistic commitment pale by comparison. We need to careful in our responses. I think asking for the books to be sent to DADA is the best course. I personally avoid giving neutral or negative iTraders. As a psychologist, I know how ineffective punishment is in promoting desired behavior, and how it can create unwanted responses.

My religious beliefs include not judging others. Most people think this is about deciding if someone is wrong or right. I disagree. I believe we are supposed to determine what is right or wrong. It's when we impose punishment that we become judgmental.

So we all know that we are supposed to pull our own weight in this moley exchange. If someone is not on time, we know that falls short of the goals for the group. Now we need to determine if we will be merciful, but fair, or judgmental.

ArtsyLady
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
My feeling is this...as long as I know my moley is safe and not lost in the postal realm of no return, I don't mind waiting longer. I was looking forward to what Jamal would create for me in my moley. So I am ok giving her the time that she needs if she wants to complete it, but knowing that it holds up everyone who follows it's not just my decision to make.

I pray all is ok..

midnitecreations
01-18-2012, 09:30 PM
As a group, whatever is decided, is ok with me. I don't want to make this hard on her at all. I'm sure she is going through something otherwise, she would have followed through. I believe that. I just wish she would give us a timetable, or just send the moley forward. Speaking for myself, if she wants to add artwork to mine, she can do that at the end. Or she can skip it all together. Either way, no judgement, no punishment. Having said this, I've got her moley to work on after I mail out Els. So what should I do? Work on it, or send it to Dada?

Jewels
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Speaking of late mailings, I'm sorry but I'm just not going to make it to the post office today so I'll be mailing out Kat's moley to Els tomorrow.

DADAology
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
well yikes me too, I had not even ralized it was the 19th., it will be in the mail tomorrow....to you jewels
If you want to send her book to me I will keep it for her. I just wish she would let us know something, its hard not knowing if she is ill or what. I tried to call again today but it still goes straiaght to the answering machine no room for messages.

DADAology
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Do we know anyone in San Antonio? She lives in a suburb.....

kat
01-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I know you said earlier that you sent email, but was it that or a PM? How about snail mail.

AnnD
01-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Dadaology's moley will also be traveling Kat's way tomorrow.

DADAology
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I sent 3 PMs and two emails to hotmail and called the number she gave twice. I will send a note with confirmation and see what happens.

AnnD
01-20-2012, 12:29 AM
The last time he posted, he said things were crazy at work. Hopefully it's just that and not something awful!

Dada, I posted your moley spread in the gallery. Long, long ago, when you first invited me to join the swap, you asked me to collage instead of HD, so that's what I did. I hope you like it!

kat
01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
AnnD -- Your moley spread is terrific. I look forward to seeing it in person.

DADA -- Sound like you've tried everything. I hope you get a response soon.

DADAology
01-20-2012, 11:04 AM
The last time he posted, he said things were crazy at work. Hopefully it's just that and not something awful!

"He" all this time I thought "she" oops sorry - and that is my thoughts too, just wish we had a post.

Dada, I posted your moley spread in the gallery. Long, long ago, when you first invited me to join the swap, you asked me to collage instead of HD, so that's what I did. I hope you like it!

I saw it posted on the sister site and it is AWESOME!!!! I love it. Thank you.

midnitecreations
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Great spread Ann!

AnnD
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
So happy you like it, Annette! Thanks for the compliments, Kat & Renu! :)

DADAology
01-20-2012, 01:46 PM
TODAY FROM JAMAL:

Sorry to scare you, I finished the Midnite's tea book last night and will be sending it out today. I recently received the Children at play book and will start working on it now to get caught up.

Thanks,
Jamal

kat
01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm glad you heard from Jamal, and that the moleys are safe.

midnitecreations
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
That's fantastic Jamal. Look forward to seeing your addition to my book!

Jewels
01-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I just came back from sending Kat's book to Els. Is that going to be Okay?

Oh and here's the scans. I did the first page both with Dada gorgeous collage foliage and without. It's supposed to be cave paintings with the entrance looking like the outline of a caveman.

midnitecreations
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Wow, Jewels, those look amazing!

kat
01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Jewels -- Super! Lucky me! I can hardly wait to see all the entries together.

Els
01-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I can simply send Kat's book to Jamal when I'm finished. I may get a little behind, but I'll get it done. Now I just need to readjust my brain for the next sequence...

DADAology
01-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Jewels that is absolutely beautiful! wow!

burningthirteen
01-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Hi All,

Finally got some time. Midnight's book was sent out a couple days ago and I finished ArtsyLady's book tonight. I will send it out on Monday. Looks like Kat's book got re-routed so I've got no more books to work on at the moment.

Sorry Els to drop a third book on you all at once.

burningthirteen
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Here's the pages from Midnite's book.

burningthirteen
01-22-2012, 02:28 AM
and ArtsyLady's

DADAology
01-22-2012, 04:11 AM
WOW and double WOW!! Those are Outstanding!!!!

Jewels
01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I second that. Wow. Especially the Tea Machine. That's amazing.

ArtsyLady
01-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Amazing job Jamal

midnitecreations
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
OMG, wow Jamal. You can keep my moley extra anytime!! Can't wait to see it in person

AnnD
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
rubyyot, you are crazy talented! That tea machine is amazing!

kat
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Jamal -- I definitely hope you get an opportunity to do a spread in my moley. Your creations are terrific! We'll figure it out.

burningthirteen
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
ArtsyLady's moley is now in the hands of the US postal service.

Els, I don't know if you have started on kat's moley yet, but if you haven't you could send it to me and I could return it after with stamps or cash to cover the postage of an extra mailing.

DADAology
01-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I think Jamal and I need to do some serious Steampunk trading....I too love the tea machine...
I feel so dull compared to so many of you guys....my imagination has taken a hiatus, I need to reacquaint myself with my inner child in the worst way!!!!

Els
01-23-2012, 02:42 PM
So you're sending both moleys to me, right jamal? And I'm send Kats' moley to Ann, who will work on it and then send it to Jamal. Does all that sound right? Please understand any delays from my point on Jewel and Midnites' books. I will work as quickly as I can, but I will not sacrifice artistic quality. Like you, Annette, my Muse has disappeared suddenly. Maybe some salted caramel chocolate cookes will lure her from hiding...(got a box mix at Costco that I keep threatening to make)

kat
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow! DADA's moley arrived today (Thanks, AnnD), & it's amazing. I'm going to have to live with it for a while to come up with something worthy of the other entries.

midnitecreations
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Els, hope your muse comes back, especially with the lure of chocolate cookies. A good cup of tea and those cookies would definitely work for mine....ok, sometimes it does. My muse is just as finicky as yours! I've redone your dragons 4 different ways, but am quite pleased with how they decided to come out and play! My son is getting ready to go back to college tomorrow so I've had to put it aside for a few days to get all his stuff ready.

Els
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Dragons LIKE being done four different ways. :D:yes: You just have to do what I do..."Trust in the Force...It will always be with you"

AnnD
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm so glad to know Dadaology's moley arrived, Kat! I have a lot of faith in the postal system, but it's always nerve-wracking to put such a beautiful object into the mail!

DADAology
01-23-2012, 06:31 PM
ELs - Jamal said he would send you the money to forward Kats book on to him - that might be the best thing to do so you won't feel so stressed with three. You guys get together and see how this might work.

AnnDs book went in the mail today to Jewels.

Els
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
News flash! I received Midnite's moley a few minutes ago from Jamal! Each of these books is SUCH a treasure trove of wonderful work! Photos simply do not capture the wonder of turning a page and seeing another array of eye candy. Any of you who are coming to the Portland Gathering next June, do please bring any moleys along with you...I will definitely bring mine, and the one I'll be working on at the time, too. I'd love to see others in person.

kat
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Els -- You're right! As each journal meets a new artist, it evolves into a more powerful piece of art. We're very fortunate in the quality of art & integrity of the artists in our little group. Looking at DADA's journal reinforced this conviction. I plan on being in Portland, but just one of the moleys would make a "believer" out of anyone of the participants of AFA 2012! :)

Jewels
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
AnnD's Moley arrived today. It's turning out so very charming.

DADAology
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Glad it's there.

midnitecreations
01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
AnnD's Moley arrived today. It's turning out so very charming.

Is the charm school taking over! lol

kat
01-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I showed DADA's journal to my psych class as an example of the personality trait openness. The trait is almost always misunderstood by students. It's true meaning is to be open to new experiences and is associated with artistic creativity. They were blown away by the art!!

Jewels
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I have to say that I found Dada's rather open theme very freeing and fun to do.

DADAology
01-26-2012, 01:18 AM
ooooohhhh - I am getting so excited for it's return home....May have to consider using this theme again.....glad it works for everyone....

Els have you decided if you are going to forward a book to Jamal? how you doing with that??

Els
01-26-2012, 02:12 AM
As I only have a single book at this point, Midnite's, I have no plans at all until I see what arrives next. When the next arrives in hand, I will certainly communicate what I have and seek further guidance.

I enjoyed working on Dada's open themed book, too, and learned a real lesson there - try to select themes that can be interpreted in a myriad of ways. I am about to start another moley, and have chosen the theme, "Beautiful Decay." Who KNOWS where people will take that!

DADAology
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
ELs, going by the schedule Midnite's book is the one that should be worked in first, then Artsylady's. Kats is the one that was re-routed but if it has'nt been mailed yet it should probably just go ahead and go to Jamal per schedule. How's that sound?

AnnD
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Beautiful Decay! Oh, the things I could do with that theme . . . :D

Jewels
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Kat's book was mailed on Jan 20th to Els. I would have thought that'd be there by now.

Els
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Nope, not yet. Ack! More drama!

Do tell, Ann...I'm really curious...pm me if you'd rather (or if the group would rather). I have turned the outside of the book into a scaly rusted wonder (it's actually quite beautiful, imho), but have yet to do anything with the inside...so I'm WIDE open to ideas.

Jewels
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Rusty look, eh? That sounds really neat Els. You should post a picture of it.
The theme sounds interesting too. Open enough for a lot of different interpretations.

AnnD
01-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I doubt this will be any help, since I didn't have any specific techniques in mind, only themes. I like urban decay: Old buildings half standing after fires, boarded windows with graffiti, old parking lots half overrun with weeds, dilapidated shotgun homes collapsing inward on themselves. I could see myself doing an old asylum, half collapsed and filled with spirits. I would have a lot of fun!

midnitecreations
01-27-2012, 06:16 PM
wow Ann, I like the way you think....asylum filled with spirits! I've got a couple of ideas with that theme too. There is something so mind provoking with a theme like "beautiful decay"!

DADAology
01-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I like your idea Ann, wow my mind is racing....I guess I'm a bit of a dark personality....lol
So who's going to start that one....don't let it get away I like it....fun ideas.

Here is a great link for Image Transfer instructions plus....

http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/free-image-transfer-techniques/?a=cpe120127

kat
01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
... missing kat's moley :confused:....

Jewels
01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
If you're interested in tranfers. There's a product called Sheer Heaven that very good. Here's the website: http://www.dotcalmvillage.net/sheerheaven.html

Els
01-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Here's a link (http://wolfbirdstudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/beautiful-decay.html) to the page of idea pictures I provided the moley group for beautiful decay...

Maybe we should just start a group in which anyone interested creates tip in spreads...with everyone using the theme of beautiful decay, over and over. I have some other broad ideas of that ilk I'd like to see realised, too.

I received ArtsyLady's moley today, but still haven't seen Kat's. :-( I have Midnite's sketched in and will begin inking tonight, and the start of Artsylady's is already in place in light pencil...I sat on the beach and drew it! As soon as I get Kat's, I will turn it around to Rubyot...

Jewels
01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Okay, now I'm getting nervous. Well, it's Confirmation # says
'Your Item's Status
Your item was processed through our RICHMOND, CA 94804 facility on January 23, 2012 at 11:39 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.'

But there's nothing about further movement on Jan 24-27th. Hopefully it's getting closer.

Els
01-28-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm on a first name basis with my postal carrier, and he knows I'm watching for a padded envelope, so at least the destination point is solid. I still have faith it will show. It just has to. Everyone envision it arriving in my mailbox - which is a standard metal number on a wooden post out by the curb...at the end of the front walk in this picture (that's Towanda the Wonder Bus in the driveway!).

AnnD
01-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh no! My sympathy to everyone involved for the stress - let's all think good thoughts!

Els, your pics are gorgeous. That was the other thing I meant to say but was feeling timid about: I love pictures and drawings of wizened old people. Amazing. And the Library of Dust project? Holy crap. So moving.

Els
01-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks...I figure there should be SOMEthing there to inspire some beautiful decay-themed art. I thought of softened stones, glacier-scoured mountains, deserts that were formerly seas, fossils, beautiful old people (love those amazing faces), and on and on. As a BIG fan of the release the idea of impermanence gives me, I just had to find a way to express that side of my soul. Voila! Beautiful decay...

Els
01-29-2012, 05:45 PM
My Muse, who has been largely MIA the past couple of weeks, apparently was off charging her batteries in anticipation of Midnite's moley, for I am FINISHED with it!:D:yes:
Now ONWARD...into the world of Children at Play!

midnitecreations
01-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Firstly, I need to thank your muse, because her batteries are indeed fully charged! I love it Els. Great spread. Secondly.....um....what does it say?

kat
01-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Beautiful entry, Els!

Els
01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
"The joy of friendship, the pleasures of love, and tea" - thank heavens for internet translators...I can write prose and poetry in other languages now! :-)

midnitecreations
01-29-2012, 07:35 PM
how cool Els. Never thought to use translators!

midnitecreations
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Did someone order up dragons! Els here your spread and Annette, it went in the mail yesterday.

Els
01-29-2012, 10:30 PM
What FUN! Clearly that dragon laying around, reading is my twin. :-) Thank you, Midnite!

midnitecreations
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Els, I might not have drawn the dragon correctly then. I was going for a tanning session rather than a reading look. when you see the dragon in person, you'll see a bit of a red burn happening under the chin! I thought it would be fun to do that on the great wall of china! The colors look all washed out here, but IRL, they are a lot deeper

Els
01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I thought that rectangular object was a book, but it's always hard to see all the details in these attachments...and stuff ALways look better f2f. I look forward to seeing all the creatures in my book when all is said and done.

AnnD
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Great work, both of you! The dragon with the soccer ball has a great expression on his little face, and I love the costumes you drew, Els! So detailed and beautiful!

DADAology
01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I redid the first page. It was confusing me...lol
Now it shows the on schedule date, and if it's ahead of schedule or late. We are on scheduled as of 19 Jan. Some are late, and some are ahead. It's easier for me hope it is okay for you guys. If I made any mistakes let me know.

Els
01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Now I'm REALLY confused. Sorry...just don't understand the new scheme. Actually, though, it's not that important to me at this point. I know that I mail to Ann, receive from Rubyot, and each book needs to be finished and mailed by the 19th. I have just finished my latest book (Midnite's), am working on Jewel's, and am wait for Kat's so I can turn it around to Rubyot as soon as it arrives. And THAT, I believe is THAT, yes?

DADAology
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
gosh I'm sorry, It more or less highlights the owner, and highlights the spread date that is current, and highlights if its late(before 19 Jan) or ahead (after 19 Jan)
But yep you have it....Els

midnitecreations
01-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm working on Rubyyot's book right now. On the front page it still shows with Artsylady.

ArtsyLady
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM
I only have Jewels moley....I mailed Rubyyots on the 1-11

midnitecreations
01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I've got it Leesa. working on it

Jewels
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
It still didn't come?
Confirmation # still only confirms it to Richmond, CA on the 23rd.:confused:
It wouldn't be just sitting there for 7 days, would it? My faith in the Postal Service is wavering.

I'm currently working on AnnD's Moley.

Els
01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Unfortunately, no. The minute it shows up, I promise I'll post right away. This really rots.

Els
01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry to report that Kat's moley still isn't here. Midnite's moley left for Ann's house today, and I have about a third of Jewel's layout complete. So what has happened in other swaps when a book has gone walkabout? What's the procedure or expectation?

AnnD
02-01-2012, 02:12 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jewels
02-01-2012, 02:33 AM
I agree with Ann. Plus guilt, cause I'm the one who sent it.

kat
02-01-2012, 08:33 AM
No guilt. Hopefully, the package gorillas will find it & send it home.

Jewels
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm praying that they're just real slow.

midnitecreations
02-01-2012, 10:55 AM
It'll show up. I've had packages show up nearly a month later.

Els
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
No guilt, Jewel - you sent it precisely as it was due to be sent - and with delivery confirmation so we know where it was last seen. I think we all just need to converge on the post office in Richmond, CA and demand to be allowed in the back to search all the bins for that package!

Naw...it's probably just as you said..."slow." After all, it DOES contain dinosaurs, and a lot of those were quite slow! 'Course, Kat's giant dragonfly may have absconded with the lot, too! Hopefully the raptors and T-Rex will take over and pick up the pace a bit.

Jewels
02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah. Dinosaurs.... Hmm. You'd think their weight would have increased the postage rather drastically as well as slowed it down. LOL

kat
02-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I've been wondering how best to cope with this loss... my moley, but more importantly your art! Please send me via email the best scan or photo of your entry into my journal. I know that the result will not measure up to the originals, but it's better than letting the package gorillas win :yes: I will recreate the best combo possible.

My email address: klauney@nc.rr.com

Thanks to you all. I hope we can hunt down the original, or it gets returned to Jewels, or it finds its way to some discernible destination. But NO GUILT!!! I would create again with you all in a heartbeat! You care about the integrity of your art. That is #1 on my list. Secondly, you create amazing art.

Take care.
kat

ArtsyLady
02-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm going to remain optimistic that it will reappear...

midnitecreations
02-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Kat, if it never appears again, I'll make a tip in for you. In the meantime, I stay hopefull that it will find it's way back home

Els
02-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Since a couple of my spreads have been created separate from the books and then glued in place, AND because I haven't had your book yet...I still have your spread planned and scheduled, Kat. :-) Dinosaurs are simply dragons without wings, right?

kat
02-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Makes sense to me, Els.

DADAology
02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Since we know where it was last, can we contact the post office directly? I am so upset that it is lost, but I'm going to still believe it will make it's way forward or returned. Even if it is opened there are addresses inside right? I hate that sick to your stomach feeling our get and I'm so sorry you are feeling that right now....I don't mind making a tip in for you.

AnnD
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll do a tip-in, too!

I have midnitecreations' moley, and it's really beautiful! I am excited to get to work in it!

Jewels
02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I asked at the post office today. They said it looked like it may have been put on a boat in Richmond, Ca (near San Francisco). So that would definitely be slower. Why it would go that way I don't know. You'd think it would make more sense to fly it to Seattle.

DADAology
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
As long as the slow boat isn't to CHINA we may still see it......(((praying)))

oh and Els, I have your book.....can't wait to start to work in it....

midnitecreations
02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I have midnitecreations' moley, and it's really beautiful! I am excited to get to work in it!

Anticipation!! I'm excited for you to work in it too. :D

Els
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Ann received the one I sent...and mine is safe in Dada's hands...whew...I can breath again.

kat
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Maybe it's because of empathizing with the lost moley that the boat trip reminded me of my 5th grandchild. Last Christmas he was going to be in the parade with his preschool group. Before the family left the house, he started furiously looking for something essential to the experience. When questioned about the search, he said he was looking for his water wings so he would be safe on the float.

Here's wishing the moley water wings :)

DADAology
02-03-2012, 03:19 AM
how cute.....! yes water wings in deed. it will make it, I just know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DADA

midnitecreations
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
That's adorable Kat. Water wings, how funny. Love little kids saying! Here's wishing water wings for your moley.

DADAology
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Els I started doing some sketching last night. Mine isn't really gong to blend with the one in front of me is that okay before I put anything down? It's more on the line of the Professor Drake (think that's the name) book. Show skin examples and a little Dragonology book and then I will sketch/Draw some too. how does that sound?

kat
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I very impulsively signed up for a 4-day series of mixed media painting lessons with Will Goodyear.
Here's his website.

http://web.me.com/willgoodyear/newsite/HOME.html

DADAology
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Love his stuff...lucky you. Love the soldier.

midnitecreations
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
His work looks really great. I'm sure it'll be a great seminar

Els
02-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Annette - I absolutely trust your judgement when it comes to your art (other matters, TBD), so have at it! :-)

AnnD
02-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I just finished my "tea party" spread, with a literary / time travel twist. ;)

midnitecreations
02-05-2012, 12:58 AM
OMG Ann, that's hillarious and genius all at the same time. LOVE it.

ArtsyLady
02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Ann did it again

Jewels
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL. That's great, Ann. I especially like Shakespeare's expression.

AnnD
02-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Yay! Thanks, lovelies!

DADAology
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Great spread Ann, but what else could it be....love it.

kat
02-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Ann -- It's a super spread! Love Will's expression.

AnnD
02-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Thank you both! <3 It left the house with my husband this morning, so I'll PM you later with the tracking #, kat.

AnnD
02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I am posting this one on behalf of Els, whose Mac is out of commission. She reports that sadly, Kat's book has not arrived yet, but that she is finished with ArtsyLady's moley, which will shortly be on its way to me in Indiana. She'll post scans when the Mac comes home from the doctor.

kat
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I have completed my entry in DADA's moley. It was surprisingly hard because I was feeling rather down. The haiku is written in low contrast so it didn't scan well. Around the edges are actions I'm taking to dispell sadness.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_moley_sad2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_moley_sad1.jpg
Determined green spikes
Pushing towards the sunlight
Willing gloom away

DADAology
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Bless your heart....It's beautiful and sad, I'm sorry this is happening. I wish there was something I could do. But thank you big time for completing the swap. We will all make it right for you I know it.
Annette

AnnD
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Really lovely, kat! I hope some of those actions are working for you! Feeling sad is hard.

kat
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
AnnD & Midnite -- Tea time moley is safely in NC. It is spectacular f2f.

midnitecreations
02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
It's beautiful Kat. I'm hoping your moley shows up and you won't be so sad anymore.

Els
02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I really like the spot-on symbolism of the crocus emerging from the frozen ground. Was there ever a more perfect depiction of hope? You may be down or blue, but the subject you chose to paint speaks volumes about your healthy core self.

Still no book. :-(

kat
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks to you all for your support.

Jewels
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
The conformation # still shows only to Richmond, Ca on Jan 23rd. I have to go to the Post Office tomorrow and I'll ask again. But they didn't seem to have much more info than what the website shows.

Els
02-09-2012, 02:47 AM
I just created a flickr set with all my moley spreads in it...except for Rubyot's Persian spread, which I have apparently deleted everywhere! Weird. I also posted the cover and first pages of my beautiful decay moley that's about to start making the rounds. http://www.flickr.com/photos/21042651@N08/sets/72157629240424079/

Included in that set is the latest, Children At Play. I was extremely pleased at how the blended scene worked, starting under the sea and emerging on the beach!

AnnD
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Great idea for blending your spread with the spread before it! Love!

DADAology
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Els your Beautiful Decay cover and spread is awesome.....can't wait to see it.

kat
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi. I've been out of town for a few days. Here's my plan. I've ordered a moley that is bound like a regular book. Pages are watercolor paper. I'll send the moley to anyone who has not had my moley yet and then to those of you who are willing to do double duty. My loss is your loss too. Do not feel obligated to participate. PM me if you'd like to be on the list. The theme will be -- Whatever!!-- Just follow your artistic instincts.

midnitecreations
02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Kat, put me on your list. I'll do spread in it.

Jewels
02-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Me too. I'm so sorry this happened.

AnnD
02-12-2012, 11:46 PM
(I'm assuming I'm already on the list since I haven't worked in your moley yet. :))

DADAology
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
by all means add me too.

kat
02-13-2012, 01:54 PM
thanks to each of you!

Els
02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
I was just working on your spread yesterday, Kat. I wish I could report your book had arrived, but it hasn't. You're being a peach about it, but I would expect nothing less from you. I tend to believe things happen for a reason, so maybe something wonderful will come out of this mishap. That's my Pollyanna view, and I'm sticking to it...

kat
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
What I realize is that each of you who put an entry in the little wandering moley lost as much as I did. It's hard to let go of a meaningful piece of art, but we can cope when we know the recipient is someone who appreciates & shares in our artistic conversation. When we lose our creation to some void, it hurts and hurts deeply.

Els
02-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Next book is winging its way to you, Ann...

Els
02-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Kat, do please send that moley to me when you receive it. I'll get my pages done and then send it on to Ann, thus getting it back into the rotation again.

DADAology
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Finished Els book just a few minutes ago. Going to bed now, will scan and post it tomorrow and get it in the mail Sat.

AnnD
02-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I have just received ArtsyLady's moley. Gorgeous work, everyone! Do I need to turn this around ASAP, or do I have until March 19?

Els
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Yea...I was always pleased to see a book had reached its destination, but since the mishap with Kats' book, I get an even bigger thrill to see arrival notification! VERY good news...

kat
02-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Here's my tea party with Freud, Skinner, & Rorschach. I guess the psychology office was next door to the English Department.

ArtsyLady
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Kat, I rec'd Dada's moley today...wow

kat
02-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks. As you can see by the above, I'll be sending the next one soon.

AnnD
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Hahahahaha! kat, that is awesome!

midnitecreations
02-18-2012, 11:47 PM
lol Kat, I can't wait to see this. Very clever!!

ArtsyLady
02-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I will have Jewel's in the mail on Tuesday (forgot there was no mail tomorrow)

Els
02-20-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm rather lost on what I should be expecting now, if anything. Help, please?

kat
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
ArtsyLady -- I've got the next moley ready to mail tomorrow.

Els -- My watercolor moley arrived. I'll send it on to you soon, but I wanted to try a few things with it first. Perhaps, I can get in the mail over the weekend.

Els
02-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Okay, so I should expect Kat's watercolour moley next or does that actually go to Jamal? *sigh* I'm still lost.

DADAology
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Kat: Wait on sending your book - let me take a look at the schedule.
Ruby - do you have any books at this time?

Jewels
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Okay. Just wanted to make sure. AnnD's moley is ready to go. A little late but I forgot about President's Day. I'm supposed to send it to Rubyyot, right?

Here's some picts. These two oddball ideas just came to me. Hope it works for you.

DADAology
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Jewels that is adorable....you might give Ruby a heads up and make sure he is ready for it. i will send him a message too.

DADAology
02-21-2012, 02:10 PM
If this is wrong let me know. We are starting our 6th rotation. The month in RED fonts tells you what rotation month we are supposed to be in.....

Artsylady 21 Feb mailed Jewels book to Midnite
Midnite is working Rubys book
I (DaDa) just finished Els book be in the mail today
Jewels has finished AnnDs book 21 Feb mailed to Ruby
AnnD has Artsylady's book
Kat finished Midnites book (this book is a month ahead of schedule)
Ruby waiting on AnnDs book from Jewels
Artsylady has DADAs book
Kat's new book -

From what I'm seeing Artsylady either has or is going to have 3 books at the same time. I see she is working on one, Midnite's book is ahead of schedule and she is next in line and my book (DADAs) is in route to her. Lets see if we can smooth this out a bit.

Who does not have a book or is not expecting a book...Els are you working on anything right now?

Does anyone currently have two books?

midnitecreations
02-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Jewels, those are great. I especially love RIP spread!

Jewels
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks, Midnight. LOL I did debate whether to put bulletholes in the wall but decided against it.
Good news. Jamal just PMed me a bit ago and said to send it to him, he's ready. So I scampered over to the PO and got in the mail today!

kat
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Post #696 (good grief! we've had a lot to say.) indicates that Artslady has received DADA's moley already. I mailed Midnight's to her today as well. I only have one left to do I think: Children at Play. Help! more people to draw!

Here's my first born from the art classes at RICA. I titled it: "Seafarer's Dream of Home." Apparently, I'm still thinking of the little moley lost at sea.

ArtsyLady
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
just to clarify...I mailed Jewels, moley today...I have rec'd Dada's moley,(it doesn't get mailed until march 19) so at the moment is only one...but I know that midnights will be here soon,(but it doesn't need mailed until April 19)

AnnD
02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
First of all, HOLY CRAP! JEWELS! I love, love, love, LOVE those spreads! They are twisted and brilliant and amazing! *Faints*

P.S. Bullet holes?! *Faints again*

I have artsylady's moley, by the way. I will turn it around this week. :)

DADAology
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
For right now hang on to books instead of mailing early. We are causing back logs. Right now we are supposed to be working our 6th spread and working 19 Feb to 19 march time frame. Wait until each person has the book for this time frame.

DADAology
02-21-2012, 11:51 PM
For 19 Feb through 19 Mar below is where the books should be:

Jewels book should be with Midnite (in the mail as of 21 Feb)
Ruby's book should be with DaDa (on it's way now)
Els book should be with Jewels (mailed to Jewels 21 Feb)
AnnDs book should be with Ruby (mailed to Ruby 21 Feb)
Kats book should be with ELs (if you have no other book coming in at this time period Kats new book should come to you)
Artsylady's book should be with AnnD (is with AnnD - don't mail early)
Midnite's book should be with Kat (kat finished mail early to Artsylady
DaDa's book should be with Artsylady (is with Artsylady)

OKAY is this correct??

Jewels
02-22-2012, 12:08 AM
LOL You can always add the bullet holes after it returns home to you. :laugh:

AnnD
02-22-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm confused. :cry:

On the first page, it says:

19-Feb - ANND -- in route soon
19-Mar - KAT

This makes me think Kat is supposed to mail out ArtsyLady's moley by March 19, which means I should get it out the door as soon as possible, right? Today is February 20, which means this moley is technically late, not early.

Or am I missing a boat somewhere?

Els
02-22-2012, 02:25 AM
I have no book currently.

Els
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
The two spreads I have left to do are Kat's and AnnD's - all others are finished and gone.

DADAology
02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Does this help?

I'm confused. :cry:

On the first page, it says:

19-Feb - ANND -- in route soon Feb 17 - thread # 690 Els said she was sending it to you,,,so it's in route
19-Mar - KAT This means that Kat is due to have the book starting the 19th of Mar

This makes me think Kat is supposed to mail out ArtsyLady's moley by March 19 (no that is when she starts working in the book), which means I should get it out the door as soon as possible, right? Today is February 20, which means this moley is technically late, not early.

Or am I missing a boat somewhere?

AnnD
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Yes, very helpful! Thank you! :D

DADAology
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
LOL I know I tend to think I explain very clearly when in reality I don't !! LOL been told that all my life...ha

Jewels
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
A little semi hopeful news about Kat's lost Moley.
I was at the Post Office this morning and finally got someone to actually look into this problem. She called me back and said that the PO in Richmond, Ca where it was sent to is the one that deals with mail for military personnel overseas. Most likely is that the zip code was misread by the automated system. So right now it's floating around overseas. (This would explain why the other postman said it was put on a ship.)
Two things will probably happen (according to the postlady) 1) It'll be returned to me. or 2) Someone intelligent will read the rest of the address and send it to Wa state. Only time will tell.

burningthirteen
02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Fyi. I got AnnD's moley in the mail today.

kat
02-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Wow! Jewels, that sounds hopeful.

Jewels
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, sort of hopeful. Who knows how long it's little jaunt will take though.

Yay! It got there. Whew. At least I don't have to worry about that one.

Els
02-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Wow! Maybe if we get really lucky, your book will contain some prehistoric sand, Kat! How cool that's it's taking such a big ol' detour...now we just have to keep all our pairs crossed that it wends its way back to me!

DADAology
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I keep seeing it returning with all sorts of cool "forward to" labels and stamps....I hope it has tons of collected goodies on the envelope for you!!

midnitecreations
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
It still looks hopeful that Kat's journal will make it home! Here's my spread for Rubyyot's journal. The colors look faded on my screen, but they are a lot more vibrant IRL. I really like the way this turned out, and hopefully, you guys do too. It's on its way to you to Annette.

DADAology
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
That is really beautiful....let you kmnow when it get here (alrighty now, didn't know my typing reflected the fact I had marbles in my mouth....) I will let you know when it gets here. grr

AnnD
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Ooooh! Really lovely, Renu! Love the blowing veil so much!

DADAology
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Since ELs doesn't have a book Kat go ahead and send your "new" book to her unless you want to wait a bit more, it's up to you. Just give us heads up when you send the new book...

kat
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Lovely, Midnite! I especially enjoy the way woman is blending into the dunes.

Els
02-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Ooo...I adore the woman's veils "morphing" into sand dunes...a gorgeous transition! And that woven border is fabulous (and a lot of work, too).

midnitecreations
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you guys. I loved working her veil into the dunes. Tricky, but fun. The border is what I worked on first and it was truly a lot of work. But, the final effect turned out pretty good that I would do it again!

Jewels
02-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Els Dragon Moley arrived today.

Ooo... that's a marvelous piece Midnight. The gang is right, the transition with her veil is great.

midnitecreations
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Thank you Jewel. Artsylady, I think I forgot to mention, I have Jewel's moley. working on it next. Good thing too, because I've got a good idea what I'll be doing in this one!

ArtsyLady
02-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Kat, just letting you know that Midnights moley is here

kat
02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
That's a relief!

Els
03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Folks, miracles really DO happen...guess what showed up in MY mailbox today!?! YES!!! Kat's moley is HERE!!! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the posting date...it actually took me a few seconds to realise what I was holding.

Now since I'm running a month behind, shall I decorate it and then send it to Jamal, or...

midnitecreations
03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
OMG, YEAH!!!! That's fantastic news Els. The postage say where it's been floating around all this time? I'm thrilled that Kat will get to keep the original moley!

AnnD
03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
WOOOOOOO! That's great news!

Jewels
03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
OMG! Really?!!!! That's fantastic. I'm so relieved. Felt like I dropped the ball somehow.

Els
03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Sweet Jewel, you did NOT drop the ball, the sort system at the Post Office did. Probably not even a human error, but a human very likely put the error to rights again. Our small world of art is balanced again...

BTW, based on all the lovely artwork in this book, it would truly have been a terrible loss. :-)

Els
03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I happened to have the envelope in my hand whilst sending something else at the post office, and friend Susan there looked at and said it had been overseas somewhere...it was sent to an APO address. The franking mark was illegible but for the zip, I'm afraid.

kat
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh! What great news! I can hardly believe it. Miracles DO happen. I had started the Missing Moley Journal but never got it in the mail. When Jewels heard from the post office, I was hestitant to send the second journal on its way. Thanks to each of you for your empathy during this lost.

ArtsyLady
03-08-2012, 07:52 AM
So very glad that it has been found.

DADAology
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
WOW!! What wonderful news.....this moley will be extra special for you Kat........Yeah. Els follow your muse, and work on the one it is telling you to. I'm sure both will be back in the rounds without much delay.

DADAology
03-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Just checking in....not much going on of late....
Im working on rubys book......have most of it sketched out will finish it and hopefully have it painted and in the mail, Monday or Tuesday. Will post when it goes in the mail. Hope everyone is doing okay....and HAPPY PATTY'S DAY ALL......

AnnD
03-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I'll be working on ArtsyLady's this weekend. :)

Jewels
03-17-2012, 06:33 PM
It's been crazy lately for me but I'm working on Els book this weekend. Hopefully it will be mailed on schedule.