PDA

View Full Version : School’s Starting All Types of Art a-thon Sept 1-5!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mouseit
09-06-2011, 05:40 AM
(Although on the bright side, I did do some cleaning in my craft room today, since I just wasn't up to making anything! Maybe I'm turning the corner.)

OMG DID SHE REALLY SAY WHAT I THINK SHE SAID............WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT GIRL..

Didn't ya know a creative space/office/room is in the hands of the MESS FAERIES (Quote from CEE-EMM) and we have no control over them.. heehee I know for one I think I have SEVERAL families of them drated mess faeries living in my office.....*ducks as another pile of things slides to the floor* I DIDN'T MEAN IT.. You're welcome to live here HONEST!!! *smirks*

HotMamaRama
09-06-2011, 08:26 AM
To our sweet hostesses - Thank you again for another great marathon weekend of creating. I wish I could have participated more, but I am happy with the results of what I did manage to do.
Until the next one, XOXOX :wubclub: :wubclub:

jo.on.the.go
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for a great long ATHON. I don't know when I have ever been as involved or enjoyed seeing all the art as much as I have in the last few days. Thanks for all of the nice comments about my cards. Now..just have to get the cards in the mail!

monarch
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks for hosting!!!! Had a fun time!!!!!

HHC
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Good day to you all! I'm so glad you all had a bit of time to play this weekend. :jiggy:

Just to keep your enthusiasm going, here are some upcoming a-thons:

All Types of Art a-thon hosted by KESagers & Sniisk September 30 - October 3

Inchie a-thon hosted by RobbyGirl October 13-16

Postage Stamp a-thon hosted by CynthiaSillitoe November 11-14

malicea10
09-06-2011, 10:46 AM
what ???? party's over ???? already ????... wow, I'm pooped... but its a fun pooped..
every one of you gals made this a super marathon... don't get no better... meet a couple new friends... exchanged laughs with many OLD friends...
sent chicken soup to our hostess HHC... get to bed Helen and get yourself better...
had several super trades... my dang, I sure missed alot too... wish I could have made trade fun with each of you guys.. but I would have to start making cards a week ahead of time... I so slow ....
so now I can take a couple days to get envelopes stuffed and give my post lady heart lock when I show up... again... thanks gals... loved every minute of it...

can't we just keep playing?;):D

HHC
09-06-2011, 10:53 AM
can't we just keep playing?;):D

Hmmm... no reason why not. Play away!

I'm going to keep creating, I have ideas going and need to take them on before they escape. Does anyone keep an idea book? I have idea scraps of paper. LOL!

Suze
09-06-2011, 10:57 AM
LOL, I know Mali......wonder if theres ever been a month a thon with rotating hosts....(not hosts that spin around and around, hosts that would take over from each other *grin*)
even tho I only contributed a little , I sure enjoyed it , THANKS HELEN AND NANCY, YOU ROCK!
and thanks to all friends here for 'get better" pm's and stuff, hugs to all!!!!
(Helen , hope your nasty "bug" goes away soon, have a "hot toddy for the body) :idea:

kentuckydakota
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM
What fun! Can't wait for the next athon! Thanks wonderful, warm and welcoming hosts. Twas a ball! And to all- Marvelous Art!!!

Just Ducky
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
ya know, I have deceided that these great marathon weekends are like a
BIG Family Dinner...
first--- you work all day getting dinner ready..... (make your ART)
second..... you sit down to a wonderous meal with family and friends.... (fun/wild times making your TRADES)
third..... you push away from the table happy but soooo full (the party is over ?)
fouth......... now you have a sink full of dishes staring at you.... ( oh my, all these cards to get ready to mail)
fifth.... you now sit back smile, it was great... (now you sit back smile, it was great)
and yes, you check the calander, when is our next dinner ?????

Linda4atc
09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL, I know Mali......wonder if theres ever been a month a thon with rotating hosts....(not hosts that spin around and around, hosts that would take over from each other *grin*)

Hmmm... no reason why not. Play away!

AWESOME!!!! I had planned to keep working on stuff. I was so dissappointed yesterday that I didn't get much done. Last night I tried my hand at making paperdolls, gave up, at least for now. It was time wasted.:unsure:

Then I dug out a lot of collage stuff and realized it was stuff I had set aside to try and do zetti art. I think I should try to do some of that. I want to keep creating, but maybe switch over to do more stuff for myself like my junque journals and scrapbook pages.

I'm going to keep creating, I have ideas going and need to take them on before they escape. Does anyone keep an idea book? I have idea scraps of paper. LOL! Junque journals are a perfect way to collect those ideas. You can glue in the little pieces of paper, or test out techniques directly on the pages.

......wonder if theres ever been a month a thon with rotating hosts....(not hosts that spin around and around, hosts that would take over from each other *grin*)

I am game for this. I think we did almost have a month a-thon a while back. It was several different a-thons but I squeezed in a Learn-a-thon between two others and we filled a good portion of the month.

ya know, I have deceided that these great marathon weekends are like a
BIG Family Dinner...
first--- you work all day getting dinner ready..... (make your ART)
second..... you sit down to a wonderous meal with family and friends.... (fun/wild times making your TRADES)
third..... you push away from the table happy but soooo full (the party is over ?)
fouth......... now you have a sink full of dishes staring at you.... ( oh my, all these cards to get ready to mail)
fifth.... you now sit back smile, it was great... (now you sit back smile, it was great)
and yes, you check the calander, when is our next dinner ?????

I love the way you think Ducky, this is perfect.

Thank you everyone, for a great weekend. I am going to keep going....

mrubyjean
09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks so much, HHC and Just Ducky, for hosting this great Art-a-thon!
It was just what I needed to get inspired and it was so much fun to see everyone's creative work.

Just Ducky, your BIG Family Dinner metaphor is just perfect!! :jiggy:

KittyNL
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks HHC and Ducky for hosting, I had a great time!!!

Linda4atc
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
OK I made the Octomaid today for a pending a-thon trade. But I did the APC Early last night and had to thet the Glossy accents dry. And got three of nine of my confusius cards done before bed last night.

Linda4atc
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
OK I made tanother Octomaid today for a pending a-thon trade. But I did the APC Early last night and had to thet the Glossy accents dry. And got three of nine of my confusius cards done before bed last night.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_for_WildHolly_2011.jpg Jack Cat TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Confucius_Fool_People_2011.jpg Fool People
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Confucius_Bird_in_Hand_2011.jpg Bird in the Hand http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/1_Confusius_Gift_Horse_2011.jpg Gift Horse TRADED

Cathy1
09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Linda you are very talented

HHC
09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Those are great, Linda!

All my finalized trades went out today. :)

Linda4atc
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
well I didn't get anything done today. Had practacal stuff to do earlier then got online looking at Halloween costumes for the Zombies in Costumes swap. I had a couple ideas the other night but still need vissuals to work with. And I ended up losing track of time. I so love costumes. I wish I could get a really good print of some of them adult and child for collaging.... But I am guessing they are not very high dpi.

Donnacr
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks all for making this one of my most successful a-thons. All my confirmed trades will be in the mail today.

My husband wants the dining table back to eat off - most unreasonable of him:skeptical::D

HHC
09-06-2011, 09:56 PM
WHAT! He wants to eat from the table? Men can be SO unreasonable. LOL!

CynthiaSillitoe
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
He does sound kind of silly. Do you have to clear off a chair, too? :)

My cards are all going out in Wednesday's mail!

Just Ducky
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
hey Donna... don't understand why he would need a cleaned off table... you didn't take time to cook did you ????
ohhhh you mean NOW, that the marathon is over... yea 'they' do get abit fisty after 5 days....

this lazy Duck ain't mailed out nuttin yet... but I working on them.. really I am... so most should hit the mailman on Wed. a few will take abit longer for you's that I am making cards for... my slow internet has affected my brain cause it's moving slow too...

theweavershand
09-07-2011, 02:14 AM
here are some of the chunkies I started on Monday. i have two more that i need to take pictures of.

Beauty traded
Cockadoodledoo (not available)
Girls with Curls
Make a Difference
Zetti Twins

Donnacr
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Cynthia - he DID grumble that it didn't matter when I found him a corner of the table that it didn't matter as he couldn't sit down. I had cleared a corner for him :skeptical:!! (only by moving things to the chairs:jiggy::twitcy:)

Mouseit
09-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Hmm I like that concept of it being a family dinner, I do so miss that....I would always encourage my family to get together for birthdays etc and Now I am the one who moved away.....CAN I ADOPT YOU ALL PRETTY PLEASE?? heehee

Ducky I know you can take pride of place at the table... but I promise we won't serve roast duck! LOL

Mouseit
09-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Scribbles in my dairy the date of the next two A-THONS.......

dsign49
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
when are the nest 2 a-thons
I know about the one when sniisk comes to USA, when is the otherone.

HHC
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Good day to you all! I'm so glad you all had a bit of time to play this weekend. :jiggy:

Just to keep your enthusiasm going, here are some upcoming a-thons:

All Types of Art a-thon hosted by KESagers & Sniisk September 30 - October 3

Inchie a-thon hosted by RobbyGirl October 13-16

Postage Stamp a-thon hosted by CynthiaSillitoe November 11-14

I posted them a bit back, dsign49... see above

You can always check the Media a-thon calender here to see what's scheduled. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4712

sharlene54
09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
All my trades are mailed to all you great thoners. I had a fun weekend and if anyone still wants to trade, I have a few cards remaining.

Linda4atc
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Getting all my trades done now. Will be going to the post office tomorrow when I go to the dentist. :eek:

Cathy1
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Am posting all my trades today (except any I had to make). I had such fun with this Athon. many thanks to Ducky and HCC - it was great. I'll be sure to be playing in the next one.

I still have 3-4 cards in my gallery if anyone is interested in a swap.

Linda4atc
09-07-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/17_My_Art_001.jpg
something I did yesterday not for trade

theweavershand
09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
here are the last 2 chunkies i started during the ATART.

Bedazzle traded
Kiss Me!

Mouseit
09-07-2011, 06:04 PM
The Dang Teacher Ducky just sent me a reader...LOL Its so cute and little and is all about a mouse called Theodore!

Thanks Teach!

Linda4atc
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
The Dang Teacher Ducky just sent me a reader...LOL Its so cute and little and is all about a mouse called Theodore!

Thanks Teach!

Sounds so cute.:D

mrubyjean
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM
My trades were all mailed today.

Just Ducky
09-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Linda... what you mean .... that gorgeous CD... and NOT for trade... you shouldn't tempt us with such a super thing... haven't made a cd in couple years and sure can't do that one like yours...

I did get most of my cards mailed today... and worked on my request ones... got most of them done...so Friday is my aim for final trip to post office... now I got to recoup and get one mess cleaned up so I can start thinking about KESagers/HHC marathon in Oct...

jaw
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Just had a couple trades, but they are going out today. :)

Tamrantula
09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I also had only a couple trades....and am waiting for my check to hit the bank...was supposed to be "this week"...but now the week is almost over...sure hope it hits today or tomorrow!

Linda4atc
09-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I'll drop my cards in the mail on the way home today. When I can I like to make copies of all my art, so I brought them into Ukiah with me. And thank you Ducky. I didn't want to trade it because I used copic markers on a white coated cd. I do not remember if the coating is for printers of some kind or just for writing but I am afraid to spray it and the ink actually had a bit of a tacky feel to it. Anyways. I decided at the last moment to take it to the post office today and I gave it to the lady there. Told her she could do what ever she wanted with it, even throw it away. LOL Don't think she'll do that, but it's hers. This post office has all kinds of little whatnots on a small shelf that people have given them.:jiggy:

wildholly
09-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Nice Chunkies weavers!

I mailed my trades out.

Donnacr
09-09-2011, 07:19 AM
I received my first trade today from mouseit - trouble is she hasn't told me what she wants in exchange yet :huh:;)

RobbyGirl
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone. My sincerest apologies I've been running behind the eight ball this last week. All of my trades for the ATART went out today. Thanks again for trading and playing!

Sharazoid
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Nice Chunkies weavers!

yeah! funky chunkies!

Sharazoid
09-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Enjoying my returns,,,& iTraders. This was so much fun!

theweavershand
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
thanks!

yeah! funky chunkies!

i apologize for the delay. i have to wait til we get paid on Friday until ill have money for postage. so sorry to make you all wait.

Linda4atc
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
OK Ladies we said we were going to keep this going. I'm going to toss aia a three day challenge here....

Lets work on our Journals, Junque Journals, Moley's and Scrapbook pages.... Lets get busy and make some!!!! Who is with me??

HHC
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Well... if you can include just plain "Journals", I'm in. I don't have any of the others. :)

Linda4atc
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
DONE!

Sharazoid
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I am working on my art journal this week, as well as two moleys for swaps & postcards for the in style of Tracey V. Moore swap. Guess that all fits the bill.

Linda4atc
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Sure does. I have to go over to my studio trailer to work on this stuff. I wish I had my computer in both places....

bluelotusflower
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm STILL working on *of all things!* seven journal pages for an outside swap. The idea is to use vintage papers (or copies) as much as possible, no paint or 3-D embellishments, just paper and glue stick. I don't know whether I have the hang of it or not. Below are two pages I posted in this thread earlier. I've taken off the butterfly on the woman's photo and may replace it with another one.

Linda4atc
09-14-2011, 04:24 PM
The Lady is nice but I really like the Fishing one. The Images are great and you have managed to work severals layers into it perfectly. Are you allowed to Rubberstamp images? I recently found several vintage style stamps in the Dollar bin at Michaels.

Linda4atc
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I have been woring in three of my junque journals. My tru junque jurnal has all kins of bits I have saved just because I liked them, all kinds of themes.

My Christmas journal has Christmas cards, wrapping paper, gift tags, Santas cut out of magazines and whatever else I decide to use. Pictures of Friends. Things that I like, but I do not plan to put on a scrapbook page.

I do have old photos fro Halloween to scrapbook. But I made a Halloween junque journal because I totally love Halloween and I have not celebrated in several years. With this I get a chance to play with all the fun stuff from the season. In it I have fun costume pictures from magazine ads. I will probably add pictures I took of strangers in great costumes, I have lots of stickers, embelishments and rubberstamps I can use in it.

Also Since I enjoy making Zetti art more than I like collecting it I am not making a Zetti journal. But I will combine a few Zetti images when th mood strikes in my Halloween book.

So I have paint, glue and bits of paper all around me. I will try to remember to scan what I have done when it dries, BEFORE I start a new page. LOL

Linda4atc
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
My Christmas Theme Junque Journal...

Linda4atc
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
My Halloween Junque Journal...

Linda4atc
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
My junque Junque Journal....

Just Ducky
09-14-2011, 11:41 PM
well dang.... I haden't paid any attention to our marathon thread since, I thought we was done... and yikes, you guys still playing around... great... super...
playing with STUff.... doing show and tell... alllllllllll right...

so ok, Linda... you always doing journal and I ain't got a scratch of what these are really... but finally figured out.... this is something that you make for YOURself... a personal thingy... so these are made using regular sprial school tablets ???
and then you do what you wanna do...
QUESTION.... your last one you show... is called a junque junque.... what is junque...
so ok, I going to town tomorrow... gonna look for me a journal book to start playing with
as I got so many things I have and would really like to do something with my favorite little doo-dads...

miloccpep
09-15-2011, 01:25 AM
LOL! I was going to ask the very same ? as Ducky! What's a junque journal?

Linda4atc
09-15-2011, 02:27 AM
LOL Well This is where I got started... http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16524 Look at the links they give you too. The cheapest way is a composition book, and the ones in the video have then pages but are very chunky in dangels, clips ect.

I also found a Spiral "Visiul Journal" by Strathmore that is made with reall good quality pages for draying or painting on. I Plan to fill it with my drawings and paintings.

In my composition book I place a sheet of wax paper or plastic under two facing pages. Then I paint two pages, let them dry, skip the next two pages, then paint two more.

After both sets of pages have dried thouroghly I glue the two blank pages which are the backs of the painted pages together forming a stronger page. Do not glue them together first because things seep through the thin paper.

miloccpep
09-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Thanks Linda.

bluelotusflower
09-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks, Linda, for your comments on my journal pages above. I agree with your assessment. The woman page looks blah and I don't know what to do to make it zing. I decided to not waste any more time on it.

Your junque journals are really fun. I love the Crow two-page spread in your Junque-Junque journal! That crow image is wonderful! What a brilliant idea to drift those red balls/circles across both pages. It makes a striking composition. The zetti cat page in your Halloween junque journal is adorable!! Your books are such treasures.

Linda4atc
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Thank you I plan to add more journaling to the pages. The crow was one I printed when I was looking for crows for a swap. I love his ruffed up look.

The dots down the center is a printed packing tape. I first saw thais kind of tape in one of the junque journal vidios. I now have about 7 roles bought over time at Michaels. They seem to keep changing them so if you like one get it. Most likey it will not be there long.

The jester cat head and Gypsy were from a Halloween fabric store ad, and I loved them and the colors. A lot of the images I've used in my journals are from cards I've recieved from people.

My least favorite page, and probably yours too, is the Christmas page with the two Santas and the red ornament card. It is a pieces of Christmas wrapping paper I glued down as a background. But it had a wrinkled ugly look from the glue. I then decided to play with it and I painted gesso over all but one Santa on each page. I plan on writing little notes in some of the red ornaments.

And I think your Lady card is good. You moght perk up with a bit of rubber stanping or something. But it may not fit the rules for that swap.

craftyvox
09-15-2011, 12:50 PM
In my composition book I place a sheet of wax paper or plastic under two facing pages. Then I paint two pages, let them dry, skip the next two pages, then paint two more.

After both sets of pages have dried thouroghly I glue the two blank pages which are the backs of the painted pages together forming a stronger page. Do not glue them together first because things seep through the thin paper.

Thanks for this mini tutorial -- it's something I've been wondering about for a while now. Just the other day actually I found a couple of old spiral notebooks I never used and thought they'd be perfect to give journaling a try but then worried about the pages being too thin to hold paint/ink/etc to make the backgrounds. But I hadn't thought about glueing two pages together -- great solution! :idea:

Linda4atc
09-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Be real carefull around the holes of a spiral notebook with thin pages. I discarded one I tried because the page tore when wet. composition books are sewen in and ocassionally a page starts to tear at the binding. A bit of tape or a piece of paper collaged over the weak spot helps.

It may be better to just leave a white edge on each page where the holes are.

bluelotusflower
09-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Are we still making journal pages? Thanks for your suggestion on the Blah Lady. I replaced the butterfly with a postage stamp butterfly and stamped a date on the card (see 2nd version below) . I've continued with the journal pages for the swap. There are 5 or 6 pages in progress...

bluelotusflower
09-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Here are a few more journal pages. I have more in the works, but I have come up with snags on a couple of them.:huh:

RobbyGirl
09-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I started an online journal (http://artstudio33.blogspot.com/)of my sketches and writings yesterday. I've really been in the mood to just work with a pencil this week. It's kind of nice because it's so easy to take anywhere.

theweavershand
09-17-2011, 04:29 PM
so sorry for the delay, all. all of my trades have been mailed. thanks for your patience!

Just Ducky
09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
well I posted here a few nights ago that I was wondering about this journal idea..
so I got me this small watercolor spiral pad... it's 6x8 and naked as a plucked duck...
where to begin... what to do.. still scratching my head..page 1. might just start with...page 1, this book belongs to Just Ducky"

Tamrantula
09-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Just wanted to update my earlier post....I had made a couple trades, and then there was a delay in my compensation check from work (I am out after having back surgery, and workman's comp had over a week delay in paying me!). I posted that I had to wait till my check arrived to mail out my trades--not knowing then that there would be a delay...
My check arrived Friday (Whew!) so, my trades went into the mail on Friday. I did receive the two trades in the mail, but have not yet opened them. I felt like I needed to wait until I got my cards mailed out, before I should open them. I am out of town till tomorrow...so, will open them tomorrow or Monday, and leave itraders.
I intended to post this last Friday, but with packing and prepping stuff for the kids (who stayed home) it slipped my mind. Sorry! And, I am also sorry for the delay in mailing....I should have sent PMs when I found out that my check would be delayed...but, my mind was focusing on how to function for another week without the money! (Not that we were even THAT bad off...just that I was worried something might come up and how to deal with it. You just never know, with 5 kids!)

THanks for a fun weekend, and awesome trades...and "the check (ok, the ATCs! lol) are in the mail!"

Linda4atc
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Tamrantula Honey I hope you are up and doing great soon, both phisically and financially.

Ducky is your 6x8 book bound on the taller or wider and what side is it bound on? Did you want your book to be just an art journal of your art and thoughts? Orrrr maybe some of us would make you a page or two that could be glued into your book? Smokeysmom and I traded pages for our Halloween journals.

I am thinking yours is a spiral bound book 6 wide x 8 tall and a page made for you would have to be maybe 5 1/2" wide to fit when glued in?

Just Ducky
09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
so, I have changed gears... gonna make my journal... it's 6x6 .... at least the cover is...
thinking I might do my 'pages' just a tad smaller so every thing kinda fits together better..
anyway, here's my show and tell.... sure don't know what I gonna do next...
oh Linda... ya mean you can trade for pages ???? now that sounds kinda yummy... but wouldn't mailing, say a page be a little hard ???
I just went and checked my envelopes and I got these ... I call computer envi the ones used for computer greeting cards and they are 5 3/4 x 8 3/4 so the pages I have cut that are 5 and 3/4 square fit in good... but what you do about larger journal pages ????

RobbyGirl
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Love the cover of your new journal Ducky!

bluelotusflower
09-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Ducky, I LOVE your Ain't Life Ducky journal! Wonderful job. :yes: Brilliant idea to have a square format. Somehow I find that shape particularly pleasing. I'm anxious to see page 2.

Linda4atc
09-23-2011, 12:29 AM
We just use those bigger yellow/brown (manilla?) envelopes or a priority mailer for them. The largest pages are usually no bigger than 8x8. Which is what my Art journal pages are. There are journal groups, that are kind of like a Pick a theme swap. Or pages can be traded one to one. I just slip these ART pages into an 8x8 scrapbook with plastic pocket pages.

Junque journals are usually a combo of art, thoughts or quotes and whatever else feels right on the page. They are meant to be emotionally special more that artistically special. Smokeysmom wanted pages for her Halloween junque journal. And I love Halloween so that is when I decided to start a Halloween junque journal as well. And we traded even though our books were different sizes.

If you want all your pages the same you can mail a blank page to the person to decorate. As I have done for a couple smaller books both for myself and as a group RAK for someone.

Theme is another thing. You do not need to have one or you can pick one, maybe a holiday, or Ducks, or quotes, or what art is to you, or what AFA is to you, or pets, or little stories from "life" might work for you cover title.... could be anything.

bluelotusflower
09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
This seems to be the season for journal pages. Here are three more I made for a private monthly swap (as you can see, I'm behind! :swoon:) These are made mostly with vintage papers.

bluelotusflower
09-23-2011, 03:38 PM
This page (#6) is made for a swap on another site. It is made with vintage papers. I have one more journal page for this swap to make as a hostess gift.

bluelotusflower
09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Okay, Robby and Linda. It's time for show and tell!

Linda4atc
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
LOL I have been too busy with other stuff. But I still want to work on some scrapbook pages.

Linda4atc
09-23-2011, 07:05 PM
bluelotus your pages are great. I love the transparent ladies that show the text. Are they tape transfers?

bluelotusflower
09-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Linda. They are gel medium transfers. I'm rather restricted to vintage papers with this particular swap. Although muted colors are lovely, I'm really up now for something wild and wacky and colorful! :goofy:

Just Ducky
09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
blueFlower... you got another art site too ??? man I can't keep myself stright with just
this one... but I sure do love your pages...

OK... second new J. question.. if you guys are doing journal exchange/trade ... how you putting pages you receive in your journal book... would you glue/tape a new page to what you have in your book ???.... I bought a really neat Halloween book today... and it is spiraled together... can take out or put in new pages...
ok... now I sounding really stupid here so I am gonna go find one of the journal threads and read up on this cuties and learn something...

Linda4atc
09-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Here you go Nancy Junque Journals

(http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16524) and this has a lot of journal tips even if you do not do Zetti's Gettting Your Zetti On (http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17351)

And yes I just glued the pages that Maggie made me right onto a page in my book. The important thing is if it is a composition book (or any sewen/glued binding) you need to make the pages a bit narrower so that you do not have to much bulk in the center spine area.

RobbyGirl
09-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Well I did a couple of pieces for my online journal (artstudio33.blogspot.com), both were pencil sketches. I'm working on another for tomorrow since I participate in Sunday Sketches.

Linda4atc
09-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Cool.
I have been doing a private little draw-a-thon the last few days for swaps. the cards are in my gallery.

HHC
10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks again to everyone for playing. I'm closing the thread now. :)