PDA

View Full Version : CHUNKIES: 4 x 4 DFW Pick-A-Theme - Due May 4th

blueskysunburn
03-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Withdraw date - No withdrawls
Swap Due Date - May 11th
Number of Pages - 5 for 5
Number of participants - 6 maximum

Welcome to the DFW Chunky Book Pick-A-Theme!

This swap is now full. Thank you for looking!

General Info: This swap is for a 4"x4" chunky book. Since this is a PAT you CANNOT withdraw as others are depending on you and many participants begin immediately.

Each player will be producing a total of 5 pages (6 if you want one for yourself). One page each in the themes the players have selected.

Instructions: Please create your pages double sided so that when they are in a book, they look nice on both front and back. Also, please use a thicker paper or light board for the pages themselves - 140 lb watercolor paper at the minimum.

Remember these pages will be in a book or on the wall. Please leave 1/2 inch free on the top and left sides of the pages. This is an OPEN MEDIA chunky book - so work in what you are comfortable with. Please no digital.

Assembly: I will be bringing my bind it all to the meet-up May 11th to bind the pages for the members that are able to make it. I do ask everyone purchase their own o-wires for this.

Mailing: If you are unable to make it to the May meetup you are more than welcome to mail your pages to me. Please be sure to have your package weighed and measured at the post office prior to sealing and provide more than ample return postage. I will return any unused postage to you.

I think that about covers it! If I have missed anything please let me know.

1. andreananda - secret hiding places
2. blueskysunburn - queen of hearts (think darker side of alice in wonderland, not deck of cards)
3. electablue - castles and fairy tales (think dark side or humorous, not disney)
4. goatgoddess - women of the old west
5. originalyouth - art supplies (preferrably incorporating the colors red and turquiose)
6. teri - goddess Preferrably this symbol (http://www.artwithaheart.com/playwithclay/goddess.html)

OriginalYouth
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm super excited about our little group! Trading the pages in person will be so much fun.

ElectaBlue
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
This is exciting! I can't wait to get started.

blueskysunburn
03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Me too! I already have ideas sketched out for Teri and OY.

teri
03-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm jazzed! This will be my first chunky book/pages ever...hope I don't screw it up. These are some very interesting themes. I may have to get started today getting my ideas together.

teri
03-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Is matboard too thick for these pages?

goatgoddess
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I use matboad - hope that will work

love the themes - I have good friday off and hubby is working so I can play this friday :)

this group meets on sunday so maybe I can make it - the Buck show is on Sat wasn't thinking about that - I was just thinking that weekend was gone <G> I'll have to see how things shape up - I will be sure to mail them ahead of time them if I can't make it. OY I have a bounch of stuff from RM for you.

OriginalYouth
03-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I love matboard for these! Also, you can cut cardstock to 8x4, and fold it in 1/2 and glue together, that is pretty sturdy too.

ElectaBlue
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I have been using matboard for all my chunky books and in my opinion it is the best thing to use. It doesn't warp no matter what you put on it.

OriginalYouth
03-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I really WANT to work on these, but since they aren't 'due' for a looooong time, I think I will wait. Are you guys sure we can't do them at the April meet-up? It's 3 weeks away, that's 2 pages a week!

goatgoddess
03-19-2008, 12:06 AM
April is better for me than May - but I'm good with what ever the group wants.
I forgot about mothers day being Sunday in May - I don't think I'll make it in that case - between my kids and my hubbys mom - it's usually a busy day.

blueskysunburn
03-19-2008, 12:40 AM
We can bump the date. I didn't realize it was mother's day. How about Sunday, May 4th or since we aren't locked on the calendar anymore we could do Saturdays as well. It doesn't matter to me at long as it's not at the end of a month. I usually have trouble with work then.

I can try for getting mine done for the April meetup but I can't commit. I have three swaps due in April and a chunky book due May 1st. I'm getting faster at making stuff but I'm still sloooow at it.

teri
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
That would be pushing it for me. I'm slow and if I have to hurry to get it done I may not do as good of a job. I can try though. I did do some research and idea building yesterday.

ElectaBlue
03-20-2008, 12:58 AM
I can try to do them for April, also, but right now I am trying to do 67 chunky pages for other swaps so I can't start these right away. (Yes, I am crazy. Was it really necessary to ask??):goofy:

I guess with this it brings the total to 72.

OriginalYouth
03-20-2008, 01:06 AM
67? What? Where all are you playing, girl?

blueskysunburn
03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
67?!?! I would be pulling my hair out!

goatgoddess
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
wow - 67 - I'm impressed :)

May 4th would work for me.

OriginalYouth
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I have 15 for the doors and windows swap, 5 for this and 7 creative life pages to do. I really enjoy making these though.

ElectaBlue
03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I actually have lots of them done, so that isn't as bad as it sounds. I have 16 for the Marie Antoinette swap, 11 for Mermaids, 11 for Alice in Wonderland, 13 for the chunky butterfly, 8 (or is it 9?) for the the mixed media PAT chunky book on Mail Art World, and 5 for the creative life (which I haven't signed up for yet, but almost have the pages done). Hm. That isn't 67, so I don't know how I got that yesterday. I think maybe I am forgetting something one of my swaps. I left all my notes about swaps at work and I am at home on Spring Break.

I haven't been doing many ATCs because of all the chunky books I have been doing.

Back to cleaning out the garage! It will make it easier to work on my fused glass jewelry I am supposed to be making for the Arts and Jazz Festival in just over a month. Yikes!

teri
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
ElectaBlue, you are NUTS! :shocked: What you have listed totals 64. If you add the ones for this group it makes 69. :goofy: I would never be able to keep up with that many...frankly, I'm freaked about these 5 since I haven't made even one before. :twitcy:

ElectaBlue
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I know that I am nuts. I usually try to hide it so people don't realize how truly crazy I am, but I have been hanging out with people here long enough that I just can't hide it any more!

Making the chunky books isn't any harder than ATCs really, just different. I do have to admit that I spend quite a bit more time on the book pages than I do on ATCs, however.

Andreananda
03-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I finally found the thread to get here!! Whew!

I cut my card stock for my pages today. I am excited to get started now that I know everyone's themes!!

blueskysunburn
03-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Does anyone have a problem with May 4th for the deadline/meet-up? There has been one confirmation but no objections that I have heard. It's moving the deadline forward a week so I want to make sure everyone is okay with it before it's changed.

ElectaBlue
03-25-2008, 01:07 AM
I think that should be ok with me.

OriginalYouth
03-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll put it on the Calendar in my kitchen now.

teri
03-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Fine with me, I will get busy... :)

goatgoddess
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm cool with the 4th - we are thinking about a collage a thon the 4th but that still leaves all fri evening and sat for me to play :)

Andreananda
03-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I can arrange for that. I usually see clients on Sunday (I know.) But I can try to arrange them for Saturdau instead.

This weekend at the Scrapbook Barn they are having a "garage sale". People will be selling thier supplies that they don't need or didn't use. It is VERRRYYY tempting!!

ElectaBlue
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Where is the Scrapbook Barn? That sure sounds tempting, but I am sure it is too far away to be too tempting.

OriginalYouth
03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Where is the Scrapbook Barn? That sure sounds tempting, but I am sure it is too far away to be too tempting.

Ha ha ! That's what I thought. I looked, it's in Dallas. Too far for me. :)

ElectaBlue
03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Ha! You notice that I didn't look because I thought it was better if I didn't really know.

blueskysunburn
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Too far for me to drive for a sale. I promised myself I'm not buying anymore supplies unless I find something I just really, really want. I work better with less stuff. Forces me to use my noggin.

Andreananda
03-27-2008, 10:34 PM
I am painting my office tomorrow and possibly Saturday so I will most likely stay away from that side of town!

OriginalYouth
04-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Wake up, sleepyheads! Okay, this swap was too quiet....

ElectaBlue
04-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I am supposed to be going to bed!

I have Jennifer's page done, but haven't started on any others yet. OY, I have no idea what to do for yours, especially.

blueskysunburn
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I just have sketches done. No pages yet.

goatgoddess
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
just checking in - busy busy day - one train wreak of a birthing (goat) today (2:15 pm) - the first one died a day or two ago but two were born alive and mom and twins are doing well - that took serveral hours - just got done sorting out another doe that just had twins about 45 min ago. Yesterday we had twins born and the day before a single - busy baby days - Got some swap stuff done in beteen that goats and digging up my front and side flower beds.

I think thats it for a couple of weeks - thank goodness :)

OriginalYouth
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Good grief, Debra! What a mess. Hope it all settles down soon for you. Here's hoping anyway!

Lisa, for mine, pick anything! Paint a page full of paintbrushes, or a girl painting on an easel or something. Paint rows of crayons, or markers or colored pencils. Don't overcomplicate it. :)

Anyone who will be there for SURE next week, post here, and I'll get your page done for next week. We got invited to a big crawfish boil next Sunday, so I'm hoping I can still come....I do NOT want to miss another one!

goatgoddess
04-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Next week? I'm I forgetting something? wouldn't be the first time <G>

OriginalYouth
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
I think there is a regular April meetup (2nd Sunday of the month), right? The pages aren't DUE til next month though....

ElectaBlue
04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I am planning on being there next week. That is good to know you don't want anything too complicated, because your theme just had me stumped.

I am impressed with how many of us are up so late posting. I really shouldn't be.

OriginalYouth
04-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I am planning on being there next week. That is good to know you don't want anything too complicated, because your theme just had me stumped.

I am impressed with how many of us are up so late posting. I really shouldn't be.

Late? It's not late, I've got another hour of energy left! I cut a kajillion 4x4 bases tonight, from colorful collages I made from scraps (see my flickr).

goatgoddess
04-07-2008, 12:08 AM
wish I could say it wasn't late - hubby is off tomorrow (he has some vaction days to burn) he'll be up half the night but I have to hit the bed in a minute (should have been there a hour ago) got the bases cut but haven't gotten past that yet but I do think I will get a start on them during the week - I'm really enjoying working with that size.

blueskysunburn
04-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Yep, regular meet-up is next week. Pages are due May 4th. Good thing too or I would be up a creek! Debra and Andrea's pages have me stumped. I have ideas formed for Andrea's just need to sketch a layout. Everyone else's came to me easy peasy. I'm really hoping my idea for Lisa's comes out looking like I have in my head, I'm really excited about working on it! I'm finding I like working with this size too!

11's my normal bedtime, anything later than that is pushing it if I have work in the morning.

Andreananda
04-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I won't be able to attend this month's meet up because I have an art therapy meeting the same day. I moved to a new office this weekend (pic are in my gallery and my Flickr). I really need a day off...sooo tired.

ElectaBlue
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
OY, you are a lot younnger than I am! When you get to be my age, you need your sleep.

After I got off the computer last night, I tried to go to bed, but things kept happening, including my son getting up and insisting that we go downstairs, he had to show me something etc., etc. He was extremely grouchy. I finally got him downstairs and convinced him to lie down on the couch and he went to sleep. This morning he didn't remember anything about it and asked why he was asleep downstairs. It is little scary to think what he might have done, like trying to leave the house. It was well after midnight by the time I went to bed.

Andrea, it is too bad you won't be able to make the next meeting.

I am going to try and work on people's pages this week. I think I will do Teri's similar to my angel cards I just made because she commented that she liked them in my gallery. I am not sure about anyone else's yet.

teri
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh, ElectaBlue! I'm thrilled, I love those angel cards. :)

I have one done so far. LOL, I need to get off the computer and get to work...later. ;) You all stay up way to late for me. I have to be at work at 6am...I go to bed around 8:30 when I have to work the next day.

The jury is still out on if I am going to like the chunky book thing. I find it hard to think of ideas when I have several to do...I may just have to focus on one at a time and not try to plan ahead too much. I did research and jotted down my ideas but for some reason I can't approach these like I do ATCs. The embellishments are creating a bit of distraction because I'm not good at collage and I'm not sure what to put where. I won't give up though, because I love how the books turn out. Lisa has all that eye candy and she hooked me. :)

ElectaBlue
04-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I have eye candy??

I am glad you like the idea of me doing a goddess version of my angels.

Teri, I actually did your card tonight and I think it turned out pretty well. I haven't added the chunkiness to it yet. I don't think the book has to be any chunkier than an ATC except for adding the fibers or something dangling off the edge. There is nothing wrong with it being just drawn or painted otherwise and that is actually how I did yours so it doesn't have to have collage elements to it if you don't want to do that. I know that at first I had trouble because it was bigger than ATCs and I had no idea what to dangle off the edges. Actually, some people don't even have things dangling, but it does make a more interesting book in the end if there is stuff hanging on it.

I get up at 6:45, so I don't have to get going as early as you do, but I still stay up far too late.

teri
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
LOL, EB, you had all those fun chunky books at the meetup. I'm surprised you didn't whip them away from me when I started drooling. :) Thanks for the tips, I'm glad I don't have to worry too much about making them real chunky. I can handle the fiber part.

I'm off tomorrow so I will probably be up/on late tonight. I have the day off because I am working Saturday for a co-worker. I wish it were Sunday so I wouldn't have to make a special trip out to Colleyville. But ya'll are worth it... ;)

blueskysunburn
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Ah, shucks...:wubclub:

OriginalYouth
04-08-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll bring my BIG FAT chunky zetti book, my fabric pages, my turquoise book and my monochrome pages next time... you can all get inspired.

Hubby is going to a reality casting call in Dallas on Sunday, so I may be a bit late, but he promised to go early so I can come. :)

Andreananda
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
OOOH.... tell us about the reality casting call..what is it about?

OriginalYouth
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
OOOH.... tell us about the reality casting call..what is it about?

It's for a horror/scary show, something I'd never do, but it's worth a shot for the $....besides, as a teacher, he gets the summer off, so why not have a fun experiment!?

blueskysunburn
04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Are you doing the thing for the CW?!?! I tried getting my husband to go but he wouldn't.

OriginalYouth
04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Are you doing the thing for the CW?!?! I tried getting my husband to go but he wouldn't.

Yeah, I think that's it. He loves horror movies, and also fear factor, so it looks like it will be a combination of that stuff. Not for me, that's for sure!

ElectaBlue
04-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Teri, I wasn't even on last night because I decided I needed to go to bed instead of being on the computer.

I can bring my chunky books and pages again. I am not sure if I will have anything new.

I am trying to do as many of the chunky pages as I can, and especially for those that will be there. I have more time now than I will toward the end of the month now so I want to get them done early so I don't stress later.

I wouldn't want to be on any reality shows at all and I hate being filmed. I was filmed for a reality show a friend of mine was on, but I didn't make it on screen (except for my elbow). She was on that one show and then she was filmed for Crafter's Coast to Coast on HGTV and demonstrated making a fused glass butterfly that was actually designed and made by me! She tried to get me to do it, but I HATE being filmed: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_accessories_jewelry/article/0,,HGTV_3225_4152183,00.html I could bring the pendant to the meetup, if people are interested. Then she used her experiences on the show to write her dissertation about it. I don't know how she could stand doing the shows because it seemed like pure torture to me.

OriginalYouth
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey Guys, on Sunday, I'm going to try to stay til 6pm to craft, if anyone wants to hang out. :) I'll probably work on my Monochrome 4x4 pages or something.

ElectaBlue
04-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I would love to, but I don't think I can probably. I may have to bring my son with me and he will probably be ready to go before I even get there.

OriginalYouth
04-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm logging off to work on these today. I have everyone's bases done, and supplies picked out for each!

OriginalYouth
04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm back! I got 2 completely done (for BSSB and Andrea) and 2 others MOSTLY done (Teri and GG). hopefully you can each spot which is yours! Sorry, Lisa, yours didn't get started yet, but I have a pile of goodies started for it!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2070/2400976611_5435fc9a88.jpg

There are more pics in my flickr too. Hopefully everyone is satisfied with my interpretations on the themes!

ElectaBlue
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Those look great to me! Boohoo on not getting mine started. :swoon: (Just kidding! I know you will get to it). It is interesting how yours are totally different than mine. It is great that we are going to have a lot of variety.

teri
04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
OY, those are beautiful...and mine is PURPLE! I love it, can't wait to hold it in my hands. :) I wish I could work that fast. It took me forever to put blueskysunburn's together and I still haven't completed the back. Everyone else, I've researched and figured out what I want to do...sort of...just need to get started.

Sad thing is today I got contact lenses. My brain hasn't adjusted to the 2 different corrections in each eye. One is for close and the other is for distance. I hope my brain figures it out soon because nothing is very sharp right now. Would make for interesting drawing...I may have to try that, just for fun. LOL :geek:<---- no more of these! :)

ElectaBlue
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Teri, I have contacts just like that. My right eye is for distance and the left is for close so it is a weak prescription. In my case I had no trouble adjusting because I mostly just use my right eye for distance anyway and my left is pretty worthless. My new glasses, on the other hand, are completely my prescription and I have to take them off to read, do artwork....it is driving me crazy when I am trying to work on these pages and watch tv. I can only see one or the other.

OriginalYouth
04-09-2008, 04:39 PM
OY, those are beautiful...and mine is PURPLE! I love it, can't wait to hold it in my hands. :) I wish I could work that fast. It took me forever to put blueskysunburn's together and I still haven't completed the back.

Well, in all honesty, the bases were already done, I just glued and affixed stuff TO them. I think these take about an hour- 90 minutes each....I just didn't eat today and neglected my children to work on them, lol.

ElectaBlue
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
OY I just knew the secret to your speed was child neglect!

I find that I do things more quickly when I do things in batches. I usually go through and make a bunch of backgrounds at once and then when it is time to make a card, I go through my stash and pull out suitable backgrounds.

OriginalYouth
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
That's what I do too. Maximize my time, never 'wait' for something to dry, do something else in the meantime!

blueskysunburn
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, that was fast! I love mine!! Probably none of mine will be done. I may start some of them but who knows. I work when I have time and/or when it "hits" me.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your contacts Teri. I was never able to adjust to them. They messed with my peripheral vision and I couldn't see things as well close up as I could with my glasses. Mainly wore them to outdoor events.

OriginalYouth
04-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Lisa, I decided to draw yours, it's in my flickr....I'll add the back and chunk-i-fy it tomorrow. :)

ElectaBlue
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Sarah, I love it! I am so glad you decided to draw it because I just adore your drawing.

goatgoddess
04-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Those are fab as always OY - love them! I love the colors you used on mine - can't wait to see it close up :)

hubby is going out of town to a goat show this weekend (can't talk him out of it) when he was planning it my coworker was still out with a broken neck - she's back now and doing great but I had to pick up her work load with mine so couldn't take any vaction days so didn't plan the trip with him - thankfully he's got someone from work going with him so I won't worry so much. (health issues)

anyways what I was getting to was I hope to have time (and should) to work on these before the met up but I doubt I'll get them all done - will have to see :) would be so nice to be retired and have time to play but that isn't happening anytime soon

OriginalYouth
04-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Glad you guys like where I'm going with your pages, I was trying to channel a LOT of manic energy yesterday. Teri's is done! :D

blueskysunburn
04-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Lisa, I tried to give you a rating but I have to wait 24 hours. Don't let me forget!

ElectaBlue
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Ok, I will try to remember. I tend to forget when I can't leave them right away.

Andreananda
04-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I am putting two more chunky book pages in my gallery right now. Don't peek if you like surprises!

ElectaBlue
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Of course I had to look! Those are great! I can't wait to see mine.

Andreananda
04-25-2008, 08:39 AM
I can't wait to see mine.

I was working on yours last night! Not done yet!!:laugh:

teri
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Ladies, I am starting to panic! My eyes are still not focusing and I only have one more week! :eek: I have 2 pages completed. I am hoping to hit the jackpot tomorrow at the eye doctor. This set she gave me last week has been a nightmare. I am taking Thurs and Friday off because I want to have time for a last minute chunky spree. LOL I actually really need some days off but at least I have those days if I need more time. I don't want to do a rush job. :no:

OriginalYouth
04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Don't panic, Teri, Put mine at the end of the list, for sure. I dont' think most of us would want to pressure you; besides, blind art is not encouraged. :P

Okay, just teasing! You CAN relax though...

Andreananda
04-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Teri, don't worry!!

teri
04-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you ladies! I go in 90 minutes to hopefully get the last fitting. If this one doesn't turn out, I will be putting on my old glasses on Thursday and Friday. I would feel just awful if I couldn't honor my commitment on time. I think after a little sleep my panic has subsided a bit. :embarrassed:

goatgoddess
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Hope they get ya fixed up - that is so frustrating I know when you can't see properly, two years ago I went to a different eye doctor and they fitted me differently - I could see great far away but couldn't see 12 inches in front me - drove me nuts - went back and told them to just put me back in my old ones - waste of time and money - went back to my old doctor who got me fixed up correctly - will never try a new place again <G>

don’t worry about my page – you can always mail if off later.

teri
04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I think I may be able to see again! She made one of my eyes a bifocal and I can actually see the screen again without getting 6 inches away...LOL My depth perception is back. I'm not a monovision person...my rigid mind can't switch back and forth. :) For now it is fine, we will see if time makes it better or worse but so far, this is the best I've seen in 3 weeks. Hurray!:jiggy:

blueskysunburn
04-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Lisa - how are you going to be binding your book? I have my idea for your page but it would involve something up top and on the right hand side. If you bind up top I would want to change it so it doesn't mess anything up.

Andreananda
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Yikes, I made mine so they bind on the left.

teri
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
I've finished all but Electablue's! I have them posted on my art blog. If you want it to be a surprise, don't look... :)

TexasTeri (http://texasteri.livejournal.com/)

blueskysunburn
04-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh, I'm so tempted to look! I have started everyone's but electablue's. I'm waiting to hear back from her before I do. Does anyone know where to buy jump rings?

teri
04-27-2008, 07:30 PM
What kind of jump rings and what size? Are you talking about the small ones that are used on jewelry? Those you can get at Hobby Lobby. They have several sizes from 4mm to 12mm.

blueskysunburn
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, I think those are the ones. I will have to stop by there after work tomorrow. Thanks!

OriginalYouth
04-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I wish I could say I have self control and didn't peek, but I do NOT! I LOVE my Page Teri! FABU!

ElectaBlue
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Jennifer, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was at that art festival all weekend and only got on yesterday for 5 minutes. I am going to bind mine on the left, so that is the only space that needs to be clear.

I hope everyone else is ok with binding on the left since I already did those, except for Andrea's. I still don't know what I am going to do for hers.

blueskysunburn
04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Great! Thought that's what you did but wanted to be sure. I bought the stuff to do it today. I hope it comes out like I have in my head.

Does anyone want theirs to be surprise? I won't put it in the galleries until next week if you do. I am almost done with OY's, just have to add some attachments. The rest are still WIPs

ElectaBlue
04-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I always like surprises, but then I can't stand waiting either, so it is up to you! I just know I can't wait until I find out.

I had one question. Are we going to try binding them at the next meetup? If so, does the store we are meeting in have the coils, or do you have some and we can pay you for them? I would really just like to buy one for myself, but I really spend too much on my art obsession and I am trying to cut back (but I was just thinking of all the opportunties for making gifts).

teri
04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm glad you like it OY! These are my first chunkie pages and I really stressed over them.

BSSB, I have the same questions EB has about the binding.

ElectaBlue
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Teri, your pages are great! I can't wait to see what you have come up with for me.

blueskysunburn
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, I will bring my bind it all for those that want to use it. As far as buying the wires there, I haven't the slightest idea. I have two coils here if they don't sell them. I think that should do four books but I'm not sure if they are the correct size withwise or not. Bummer scrapbook pad shut down or I would offer to buy some from there. I need to call and reserve space so I will ask while I'm on the phone.

OriginalYouth
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I probably wont' bind mine, so I dont' need one.

blueskysunburn
05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Finishing up all my pages tonight putting the do-dads on. That seems like the hardest part to me. I have such a hard time deciding what to attach. Goatgoddess I finished yours. It doesn't have any do-dads hanging off though. I hope that's ok. I didn't want it to distract from the stiching.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=12395&w=s

teri
05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
FINALLY! I finished Lisa's. I have been stumped over the castle theme for some reason. I dreamed about the answer and I hope EB doesn't think it was more like a nightmare...LOL I can't wait until tomorrow!

I'm not convinced this is the "thing" for me. I may try making a few without a specific person in mind. Maybe if I don't feel "pressure" I'll have less anxiety. :)

teri
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL, we posted at about the same time...procrastinators r us... ;)

ElectaBlue
05-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I think it is harder to make them for a specific person. I have to confess I still haven't done Andrea's! I am having the hardest time with hers, for some reason.

OriginalYouth
05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
I think it is harder to make them for a specific person. I have to confess I still haven't done Andrea's! I am having the hardest time with hers, for some reason.

Yup, this is true! And doing one at a time, instead of several on the same theme, is harder for me. Try a regular group swap, it's less pressure. :)

OriginalYouth
05-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Okay, thanks again to all for an awesome book! I'll do feedback now.

teri
05-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Thank you all! I love my pages! I have left feedback for all, I think...let me know if I missed you. I got OY and EB last time so I think I have finished. I posted the pages into the gallery now.

blueskysunburn
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Andrea I got your postage in the mail today. I will send your returns back out to you shortly.

Andreananda
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh good! Thanks!

goatgoddess
05-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Wanted to thank everyone for my wonderful pages!!! - will be doing Itraders hopefully tomorrow - I've got a buck show I was silly enough to say I would do one more year so that has had me tied up most of the week, checking on the judges, getting the entries and so on and so forth, but it's this sat. and then I'm done :)

ElectaBlue
05-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I love all my pages, too, of course! I have been trying to do a few Itraders a day and hope to have them all done by tomorrow.

blueskysunburn
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Andrea your pages are on their way to you! I figure you should have them Saturday at the latest. I didn't have a check with me to send your change. I can mail it to you tomorrow morning or give it to you at the sleepover. Just let me know which you prefer.

Andreananda
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Holy moley! My pages arrived and they are ALL SUPER!! I love them! Each and everyone is so unique and cool! Thanks everyone! I submitted all my feedback (I believe) If I missed anyone please gently nudge me.