PDA

View Full Version : Inchie A Thon OCT 13-16th Prelim Thread

RobbyGirl
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
It’s an INCHIE A-Thon PRELIM Thread I'll post an official thread on the 12th.

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Thursday Morning (But it really feels like Wednesday Night at Midnight…same thing.) October 13, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday October 16th , 2011

Your Host for this weekend is RobbyGirl

This weekend we will create:
1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name but all in a 1” space!

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the A-Thon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art –if you want to or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, Typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party.

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:
Thursday – Halloween Themed Inchies

Friday - Inchies with Text

Saturday – Inchie Books/Microbooks (I'll put an explanation/examples on main thread.) and Circus Inchies

Sunday – People Inchies and Bird Inchies

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie (Please be careful with your sizing if you don't have a 1" square Punch)
Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded Mail Art (So only available A thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 5 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Ibus
10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Great, Athons are fun!

KittyNL
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
I love another inchie a-thon!! I have put it in my agenda... preventing me from making too many other commitments during that weekend :D

HHC
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Cool! I hope to be around. :)

KESagers
10-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Looking forward to it!

lini
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm looking forward to this...love me some inchies! I wanna make some more inchie micro books.

Fantasia
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Robin, you've been using that crazy calendar of yours again.....you have this ending on Sunday, July 10, 2011. I'm sure you actually mean October 16th, 2011...right? :laugh: HUGS

HHC
10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Creative Calendars just for us artists. LOL! :laugh: Have a fun trip, Robin!

I'm thinking about trying those little inchie books... they look like such fun!

RobbyGirl
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Lol that's what I get for cutting and pasting ! It's been my year for date issues !

Donnacr
10-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm with you HHC - those Inchie books look fantastic! I hope to make a lot more than last time

sniisk
10-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I won't be at home then but hope you'll have fun :).

RobbyGirl
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh Bummer, wish you could be here Sanna!

gingasaurus
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm looking forward to this. I've never done an a-thon and hopefully I'll have my 1" punch by then to really have at it :P

CherylS
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll definitely join in. Love inchies.

RobbyGirl
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
It's always fun to have new players!!!

Cat's Cradle
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
If all my kiddos are well that weekend, I may try to play a bit. I have over 100 inchie blanks punched. I use scraps of art papers from cutting ATCs so I can get the most out of my papers. :D

Cat's Cradle
10-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Ah, yes. If you trade your inchies in groups of 6, that is a perfect number for creating art cubes. I uploaded an inchie-sized cube template that I can share if anyone wants it.

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Here's the template. Click on it to go to the full image.

To print it the correct size, you'll need to download the image and open it in an image program like PhotoShop or GIMP. Make sure your scaling is off and you print the image at 100%. The cube faces are slightly larger than 1" when printed.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82853&d=1316965445 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82853&d=1316965445)

Ibus
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Can I use that post when I get to post my Inchie Ornament Swop please. Was going to do it yesterday and got side-tracked!

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
It's also uploaded to my gallery, where the link to the original is posted.

It's not my image; I just resized it from one that's free for use. If you want to use it, by all means do!

Ibus
10-06-2011, 09:50 AM
:laugh: The image might be out there and free, but your instructions on how to get it to size aren't! I battled to get it right and finally managed it, but it wasn't easy.

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I put the instructions on how to print to size in my gallery posting as well.

Ibus
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
My mind's gone completely blank .... how do you do a link to a gallery pic?

I used the post from here as I couldn't work out how to do the link.

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2011, 12:21 PM
The post link shouldn't be an issue. :)

Ibus
10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
It's annoying though that I can't remember how to link to the gallery.

KESagers
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Ibus - HHC's last marathon had complete instructions - better than I could give - here is the link:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20739

Catscradle your template rocks! Thanks so much!

Ibus
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks Kristin, I knew I had to right click and after that was lost!

Cat's Cradle
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I sent you a PM as well. Got interrupted while typing, but it should be there now.

Charlie Brown
10-07-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm planning for this one! This will be my first athon. I'm going to cut a lot of inchie blanks so that I'm ready to roll!! This weekend I'm going to bust my rump to get all my chores done so that next weekend I can kick back and play all day!:D

chaosatlanta
10-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I marked my calendar!

RobbyGirl
10-08-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm so happy so many of you are playing!

Spirit Soul
10-08-2011, 06:48 AM
I hope to make a few also. I'd love to have a page of inchies in my ATC collection.

Joss
10-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I love your 'thongs'...er I mean 'thons' Robby baybee. I will most certainly be doing this one, yes sirreee ma'am.

Ibus
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I love your 'thongs'...er I mean 'thons' Robby baybee. I will most certainly be doing this one, yes sirreee ma'am.

OOOER Missus!! ;) :laugh:

Linda4atc
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Creative Calendars just for us artists. LOL! :laugh: Have a fun trip, Robin!

I'm thinking about trying those little inchie books... they look like such fun!

What little books? is it just a handmade book 1x1?

That cube is a cute idea.

Ibus
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Come join my swop and get three decorated ones for your Christmas tree! ;)

Evalila
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I hope to be able to play this time:D

RobbyGirl
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Here it is the Official Thread!

OCTOBER INCHIE A THON OFFICIAL THREAD (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1106668#post1106668)

RobbyGirl
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I will be flying most of the late afternoon and evening and won't arrive home till sometime tomorrow mid morning Pacific Time. I'll check in with you all when I'm able. See you soon, I'm really looking forward to Inchie Art-ing with you all weekend!

CherylS
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I have some Halloween inchies. In fabric! I need to neaten them up a bit. If you try this don't use a rotary cutter. Very hazardous! I have another set I will post later.

Linda4atc
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Ooops already starting. I will try to do some today.