PDA

View Full Version : OCT INCHIE-A-THON (Official Thread) Oct 13-16th

Pages : [1] 2

RobbyGirl
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
OCTOBER INCHIE A-Thon Official Thread

SO HAPPY YOU CAME TO PLAY!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Thursday Morning (But it really feels like Wednesday Night at Midnight…same thing.) October 13, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday October 16th , 2011

Your Host for this weekend is RobbyGirl

This weekend we will create:
1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name but all in a 1” space!

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the A-Thon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art –if you want to or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, Typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party.

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:

Thursday – Halloween and Fall Themed Inchies

Friday - Inchies with Text

Saturday – Inchie Books/Microbooks (**** how to below) and Circus Inchies

Sunday – People Inchies and Bird Inchies

****Inchie/Microbooks How Too:

1. Create 3 sturdy inchies.
2. Do both Sides!
3. Punch 2 small holes (Left side or top) with a crop o dile or a strong punching needle.
4. Bind inchies with jewelry jump rings. Be sure to close them completely!
5. You won't have room to write on or label your inchies so place them in an atc sleeve that has your artist identification information. I have seen some very creative people create tiny, tiny book marks with their info and attach them. Be creative have fun!

Examples:

Step 1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_Swap_Microbook_Owls_and_Trees_Back_Side. jpg

Step 2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_Swap_Microbook_2_Owls_and_Trees.jpg

Finished Books http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_Swap_Microbook_Owls_and_Trees_Book.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_Swap_Micros_Book_Bound.jpg

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie (Please be careful with your sizing if you don't have a 1" square Punch)
Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded Mail Art (So only available A thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 5 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Evalila
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
***:D***

Cat's Cradle
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Gonna try to play....

HHC
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
:jiggy: I'm getting ready... :D

Joss
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
So am I Yahoooo xxx

Charlie Brown
10-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I can't wait!!

jensaz
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
gonna see what I can do

lini
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I have never done an "a-thon" before, but I'm interested in this inchie one. Got my inchie micro books in the mail today and I'm so happy with them. Hope others will be making them too.

lini
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
How much prep can one do ahead of time?

CynthiaSillitoe
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
My understanding is cutting them ahead of time is fine. Maybe even backgrounds?

KESagers
10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes - I understand the same thing cutting for collage, backgrounds is OK ahead of time. Nothing should be assembled until the marathon starts.

RobbyGirl
10-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Yes - I understand the same thing cutting for collage, backgrounds is OK ahead of time. Nothing should be assembled until the marathon starts.

What she said...LOL

Just landed in LA, hopping a plane to Portland now.

Donnacr
10-12-2011, 04:09 AM
I hope to play a lot (and learn how to make Inchie books)

alanabannana
10-12-2011, 06:51 AM
bought a couple of extra international stamps yesterday. Haven't participated in a Athon in a while. Think I'm going to try to fit in some for this.

GALZART
10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I just finished the ones I started for the last Inchie AThon!

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I've added a little "How to" for the inchie/microbooks in the first post. I did it pretty quickly so if anyone has questions just ask here in the thread and I'll continue to update the first post!

KESagers
10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the book instructions! I think I'm going to give them a try. I have a question: How do people feel about mailing the books unbound? I mean have the pages punched and include the jump rings with the trade but I'll do the binding on this end. My local PO is going to make me mail a bound inchie in a padded mailer and with 2 chunky-a-thons on the calendar I'm not sure I can afford all of that postage but if I mail unbound I can send for regular postage. How does everyone feel about that?

Joss
10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I am happy to have them unbound Kirsten, whatever helps with postage!

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm easy.

gingasaurus
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm so disappointed. I got my 1" punch in the mail today just in time and the darn thing punched about a dozen squares before it quit on me. I don't think I have the patience to hand cut 1" squares, too tedious and I never get them perfect. Guess I won't be participating after all :(

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh Bummer, what brand did you buy?

HHC
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey gingasaurus, you have 12 to start with! You can still play a bit! Do you have an Xacto knife and a ruler? A paper cutter? Does your local craft store have a paper cutter you can use?

tammybeck
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I am in!

gingasaurus
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
It's this (http://www.createforless.com/EK+Paper+Shapers+Punch+Large+Nest+Square+1/pid93046.aspx) one.

I have a paper cutter and all that but it seems like no matter what I do I can't ever get them straight and/or the right size. That's why I wanted the punch so badly. No one wants inchies if they aren't an inch ><

shayNOLA
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Count me in!! My youngest, Jenny wants to play, too. :)
PS. Robin, your lil micro book is lookin' gooood!

HHC
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
So question... how thick or thin is appropriate? I have some cover weight/cardstock that I'm going to cut into blanks. Is that thick enough? There will be some layering on it, but it won't be like one cut from chipboard.

Fantasia
10-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Probably won't have much time until Friday night, but I'm eager to play in this one. Got my macro books yesterday and they are just so adorable I can't stop making them.

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Tick Tock it's getting close for our East Coasters to start playing! Our Overseas Friends are all good to go! 3 more hours for us Pacific NorthWesters'

KESagers
10-12-2011, 10:48 PM
gingasaurus - that shouldn't have happened. I have that brand and it usually last longer than any of the other brands. I think you should be able to get a replacement or your money back.

HHC - I have both thick and thin inchies blanks and have been traded both thick and thin so it doesn't matter to me. In his swaps Pixeldog says something to the effect that it shouldn't be limp when you pick it up - like paper is too thin - always thought that was a good standard.

Can't wait to see all of the inchie art!

Rogue Gal
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I have always been resistant to inchies (I think that part of it is I don't want 6 nearly identical inchies in a set), but I think I'm gonna give it a go. The art made in the last inchie-a-thon was too tempting!

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
It's this (http://www.createforless.com/EK+Paper+Shapers+Punch+Large+Nest+Square+1/pid93046.aspx) one.

I have a paper cutter and all that but it seems like no matter what I do I can't ever get them straight and/or the right size. That's why I wanted the punch so badly. No one wants inchies if they aren't an inch ><

That's too bad, I'm miserable at cutting too! I've had that punch for a long time and it's been super reliable for me, although it's little consolation for this weekend I'm sure they'd replace it for you.

Here's a great source for Pre Cut INchies that I love. Maybe they are sold in a store in your area (Looks like the closest is Fort Lauderdale.) There are some online sources but not as quick as you need :(

Inchie Arts, LLC (http://www.inchiearts.com/Products.html)

(Shaynola turned me on to these!)

RobbyGirl
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Well my body is on East Coast time still and I'm beat from all the traveling! I'll see you all in the morning. I'm excited to see the first inchies come out!

GALZART
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM

That's the punch I have also and have had good luck with it. I'm sure they'll replace it for you since you just got it.

Ruby Opaltones
10-13-2011, 02:53 AM
well - I think I'll dive in and do a few - it's 2:51 a.m. Oct 13, and I seem to be awake - so might as well put that bad luck to good use :D

I've never done inchies before, but received a truly magical one (a tiny horse, in an autumn forest no less!) as an extra to a trade, from NZFlutterby. And since then I've been wondering...

Here's to all and a fun weekend.
best,
ruby

Donnacr
10-13-2011, 05:00 AM
It looks like I will be showing the first Inchies (only fair as I get to start a day before most of you :D). Australia doesn't really celebrate Halloween so getting supplies for today's theme was a challenge (but fun!)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0031.jpg #1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0032.jpg #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0033.jpg #3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0034.jpg #4
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0035.jpg #5 (these are glow-in-the-dark stickers)

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is making.

Ruby Opaltones
10-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Wow - what a showing donnacr! You've been working hard and fast.
What a fun way to start the a-thon.
best,
ruby

Joss
10-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Wow Donna girl, these are all cute. We don't do much Halloween here either, so I may not make any. Here are my first two sets. Yahooo, let the fun begin.

84238 IAT #1

84239 IAT #2

Charlie Brown
10-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Wooo doggies!!! I have to work today, but can't wait to get home later and play tonight. I'm cutting more bases today.

Joss
10-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Here's my next set, found poetry- which Robby introduced me to last year and I love it!...wake up everyone, come and play!

84240 traded

shayNOLA
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Cute inchies being posted!! I can't wait to get started but unfortunately I have some errands to run this morning. I'll get back with you soon, though. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head and I just need to get them out. :)
ROBIN, so glad you like the blank inchies. I know I was excited the first time I found them at my local stamp shop.
See ya'll soon!

alanabannana
10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I have my first couple of sets. Halloween set 1( still available) and 2 (traded)
, Autumn leaves set 1Traded. Plan on making more leaves this afternoon and tonight for trade.

chaosatlanta
10-13-2011, 08:21 AM
:jiggy: Good morning (afternoon, evening) everyone! Happy Inchie-a-thon!
So many wonderful inchies have already been posted ... I'd better get moving.

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Good Morning, Good Morning! What a fabulous start! I'm up too early after not sleeping much but thrilled to get started!

Ibus
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Don't know how much I'll get done. I was so looking forward to this and now I don't feel very creative. :(

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh Gosh Liz, I hope that silly muse comes back from her coffee break soon, I was really looking forward to your inchies!

Ibus
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Robbie, she got driven away by a death in the family, but looking through this thread has perked her up no end!

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh no Liz I'm so sorry!

I've added "Fall" inchies to our themes for today for our friends that aren't into Halloween.

Have fun everyone. I'm going to try to spend less time on the computer and more creating today. I get so caught up on the technology I never leave myself enough time to create....LOL!

Ibus
10-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Robin. I know this is pedantic, but could you please call me Liza? I don't know why, but Liz makes my hair stand on end and I really don't like it! :)

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh My gosh yes! I do apologize and it's not pedantic at all. I have a dear friend named Liz so I used it out of force of habit without even thinking. Hugs Liza!

HHC
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning! Great start on the inchies! Thanks for adding the Fall theme, Robin!

And I know what you mean about stepping away from the computer! It's quite addicting, but not conducive to getting a lot of art done. :)

monarch
10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
your choice of available inchies.......

most have been traded...........see post #56, please.........

kbutts
10-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I am so hoping to be able to find the time to play along. I would love to make an inchie book or three. Have fun everyone.

Ibus, nothing like creating art to take your mind off whatever life is trying to torture you with. Been there...done that. Take care.

Joss
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Next set:

84250 IAT #4

I must go and walk my doggie now! She is sitting here looking at me with her big eyes....

gingasaurus
10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
monarch those birds are adorable :)

I love your flowers Joss :D

I'm being stubborn and slowly cutting out square by square. I hate it because my OCD kicks in and if it isn't perfect I can't use it. For like every one I get I have five I throw away xP

chaosatlanta
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Woo-Hoo! I have some inchies finished:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/large/2_11OCT13athon01.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259638)
Details about the inchies can be seen in my gallery (click the photo).

monarch
10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
available inchies......your choice

CynthiaSillitoe
10-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Yay! Great work everyone! I'm just checking in and then I'm off to play.

lafaver55
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a fine idea to me. They are so easy to bind and as an added bonus you can put the pages in the order you want.

monarch
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
lafaver55...what are you talking about....it sound inteersting..................

KESagers
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh wow! So many great inchies already!

Monarch - I think lafaver55 might have been responding to my request to send the inchie books - unbound - complete with all parts but unbound to mail flat and save on postage.

CherylS
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
I've done fabric inchies. Very hazardous, I'm lucky I didn't end up in the ER again with another sewing injury. Last time I needed a finger block for a needle extraction.

Green inchies traded

Rogue Gal
10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
CherylS, are you by any chance the woman in Petaluma who sewed into her finger during a class there?

Great inchies, everyone! Grr, I have to go to work today, and I wanna play!

CherylS
10-13-2011, 02:29 PM
No. I'm the woman in MA who put a needle into a bone. It went right through and came out in the middle of my nail. I use a stylus when sewing now.

Rogue Gal
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Ow! Ow! Ow! Art can certainly be hazardous!

Joss
10-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Ow ow ow, that sounds sooo painful. But I love what you've done Cheryl.
Ginga, wish i had known before- I would've sent you some inchies to play with, keep on going gal, I know you will soon be playing along too.

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Yowsers Cherly that makes my finger hurt just thinking about it!

Joss
10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
84263 IAT #5 handdrawn 'raffies' (traded already, more handdrawn inchies to come later)

KittyNL
10-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Hello my dear friends! I worked all day, got home late, just had dinner... but I am now ready to roll :D

Evalila
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh my, what great inchies have been posted!!!

I hope to start playing tomorrow or Saturday the latest. We have house painters here to paint the windows and the other wooden parts of our house and I have to "control" them. ;) And tomorrow a carpenter will start to work here, too - well, at least I hope so... :laugh:

Joss
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Yahoo Kitty and Evie are in da 'inchies' house.

Ibus
10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm so disappointed. I got my 1" punch in the mail today just in time and the darn thing punched about a dozen squares before it quit on me. I don't think I have the patience to hand cut 1" squares, too tedious and I never get them perfect. Guess I won't be participating after all :(

That happened to me. I was given a new one by a friend and neither SR or I can operate it. It partially cuts a square. :skeptical:

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Yay so glad you came to play!

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Okay I've been diligently working away. Here Are my first sets available:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_IAT_OCT_Inchworms_and_Hearts.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259672) Set # 1 Inchie Worms

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies__IAT_OCT_Character_Faces.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259673) Set # 2 Character Faces

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
and these are assorted inchies for individual trade/pick and choose

Love Art - Not available
All 3 Owls are Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_IAT_OCT_SIngles.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259674)

Ibus
10-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I have my first couple of sets. Halloween set 1 and 2, Autumn leaves set 1Traded. Plan on making more leaves this afternoon and tonight for trade.

OOH, that's a good idea, I never thought of text as a background.

Ibus
10-13-2011, 03:19 PM
I am so hoping to be able to find the time to play along. I would love to make an inchie book or three. Have fun everyone.

Ibus, nothing like creating art to take your mind off whatever life is trying to torture you with. Been there...done that. Take care.

That's very true. I've had quite a productive afternoon, inbetween visitors!

CynthiaSillitoe
10-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok, it took me an hour before anything started working, but finally some found poetry inchies. Oh, and by the way, who took my stapler?! Sigh. I've got to find that. I have a terrible feeling I haven't seen it since the last inchie-a-thon which means it could be in any one of several mountains of stuff....

Ibus
10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
This is all I've managed to do .... overfed bats, spiders on weed (squiffy webs) and Autumn Leaves. :twitcy:

There are also a couple of sets left over from last weeks ATART in the gallery.

84278 84279 Leaves are traded

KESagers
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
So great to see all of the inchie art!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Candy-Monsters.jpg
Candy Monsters
The images were stamped, reduced, colored with dye ink markers, cut out and collaged with bat punch art. Set of 6

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Halloween-Inchies.jpg
Halloween Inchies
Warning - these inchies are super simple sticker inchies. The background is some of my favorite Halloween paper and I couldn't bring myself to cover it up with a lot of collage. Set of 4

KittyNL
10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I found a whole bag of inchie backgrounds....:D. And I already made some backgrounds earlier this week. Some of them I have inked just now... the inchies and my fingers :laugh: Coming up soon.

My first 2 sets of inchies

1. Clowns
2. Funny animals

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_2.jpg

chaosatlanta
10-13-2011, 04:30 PM
More from me: (All traded)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/large/1_11OCT13athon02.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259691)
Details about the inchies can be seen in my gallery (click the photo).

Ruby Opaltones
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Next set:

84250 IAT #4

Wow Joss- is there nothing you can't do well?? those flowers are truly perfect little gardens! I'm sure they're gone!! Good stuff.what a pleasure to look at all the tiny cards :D
Ruby/Jess

Ruby Opaltones
10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Well hello and here are my first ever inchies. They present a significant challenge it seems hahaha meaning they are Hard to get right - I thought 2.5 X 3.5 was small until I tried these woa!

Inchie #1 - just think, you could be the one who gets the first ever set of inchies made by me... ya! I'll get down off my high horse now =hahaha, laffs at self.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_Inchie2-sm.jpg

Inchie #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/10305/small/1_Inchie1-sm.jpg

if any ones likes them, please just let me know - I'm happy to trade.
Best,

KittyNL
10-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Two more sets from me tonight. I am going to sleep now :sleep: , see ya all in the morning!

3. Kids
4. Autumn leaves

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_4.jpg

HHC
10-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Here's what I finished while waiting almost an hour (54min 28 secs) for someone who ended up not being able to help me because this branch of the agency doesn't have my permission (although all the others do), so I have to call back when son is home... #$)%(&# :arghh: sigh......... ;)

Oh, I did them in groups of 4... just to be different. They are not permanently mounted to the brown paper background.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Oak_leaf.jpg Oak Leaves http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Mixed_leaves.jpg*TRADED*
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Alder_leaves.jpg *TRADED* http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Red___Black.jpg Red & Black

Ibus
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Fabulous inchies here! Makes mine look amateurish .... which I they are! I've not been doing this long. Going back to fabric tomorrow! :twitcy:

Ibus
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Tonight's offerings. Off to bed, night all.

84291 84292

RobbyGirl
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
@ IBUS Sweet Dreams, what sweet owls !
@ Helen- How frustrating Helen, so sorry! Beautiful Inchies glad you had time to create some!
@ Kitty I'm snagging those adorable Kiddos
@ Jess love those jewel tones
@ Chaos and Kristen KE SAGERS Wonderful work on the Halloween Theme
@ Cheryl S- delightful fabric inchies, love that glowing green!
@ Cynthia - I love found poetry, its an addiction!

@ Everyone! Fabulous start! I'm making the rounds to rep everyone!

We sure are off to a wonderful start, great job everyone!

theweavershand
10-13-2011, 06:37 PM
i shouldnt be torturing myself by looking at these!! so many cute little inchies! i have no way at all to make anything this weekend and im so bummed!

KESagers
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Thank you Robby Girl!

alanabannana
10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Here are some more autumn watercolor leaves and a few sets of others

We'll call them Autumn leaves #2, Butterflies (traded), Birds #1 (traded) and Birds #2

teri
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I hope I get to participate this weekend! These inchies I'm seeing are lovely!

gingasaurus
10-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, I couldn't find a Halloween muse so I worked on my dots and polka dot swap inchies :P These might have to stay with me though. I do love me some ladybugs :)

Ibus
10-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Awe they're so cute!

monarch
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
available inchies.....your choice..............

# 6 cat....traded
#12 bird......traded

shayNOLA
10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
WOW... everyone's inchies are amazing!!
Monarch, love your idea of letting people have a choice from several.
Here are two sets I did today... a Halloween and Fall theme. I have a third set that is drying before I can scan. I'll have that one posted tomorrow.
Can't wait to see what everyone does tomorrow!
BOTH SETS TRADED

KESagers
10-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Worked on a few sets tonight. I'll upload the rest tomorrow but here is another Halloween set.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Hoppy-Halloween-inchies.jpg
Hoppy Halloween inchies

jensaz
10-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I know, the inchie book challenge isn't today but I thought I'd try one anyway.

Flight inchie book - TRADED to RG

84330 - cover 84331 pg 1 & 2

84332 - pg 3 & 4 84333 back cover

These are all embossed stamp images on various background papers, then I've colored and embellished with gel pens

KESagers
10-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh wow! That's so neat Jensaz!

HHC
10-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh cool little book, Jensaz! I need to try one. Must get some things together to play with while waiting for son at the dentist tomorrow morning. We need to be there at 8:45. I'm so excited. LOL! :)

jensaz
10-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Autumn/Fall theme inchies done, but not able to upload (dang server)... Taking too long to attach. Maybe I'll post them tomorrow.

gingasaurus
10-14-2011, 01:13 AM
My second and last set for the day :) Glad I made myself join in anyway.

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Love your microbook Jens. Now I just have to figure out what I did with that package of jump rings I just bought. Well in the morning anyway because right now my eyelids are way too heavy. Good Night Dear Friends! Can't wait to art with you all again tomorrow! Sweet Dreams! and Good Morning to our friends across the Pond, have fun while we are sleeping!

calluna
10-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi all, I've been largely absent for several months. When there's no money and no muse, it's easier to just stay away from trading/swapping temptations! (:

I have so many half-made inchies it is ridiculous...I'll try to get some done during this athon!

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Nice to see you Calluna!

Charlie Brown
10-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Well, I got up much much earlier than normal just to play before having to go to work this morning. I didn't get to play last night like I had hoped because I had to help my son study for a test. I made 3 sets that I will upload tonight after work.. Might have to have a couple cups of coffee later.

alanabannana
10-14-2011, 07:47 AM
good morning everyone!! Here are some cute little houses (TRADED)did last night and some quilt squares I did this morning. Have to go to work now. Will try to check in during the day.

Ibus
10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I've been making fabric inchies, finishing off two sets, then I'll take a photo of the three sets of Autumn leaves.

chaosatlanta
10-14-2011, 08:43 AM
bwahh! too many wonderful inchies!! I can't make them fast enough to trade for all the ones I want to trade for. ha-ha. OK ... must go make more inchies NOW!

monarch
10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
jensaz.....love your book!!!

CherylS
10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I have 2 more sets. The 1st is more Halloween inchies I did yesterday. Today I did some roses with text.

Halloween inchies are traded

monarch
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
available inchies...your choice......

Evalila
10-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I finally finished my first set of inchies :yes:

I know Halloween was yesterday´s theme, but at least I made some :laugh:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_creepy001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_creepy001.jpg) - TRADED -

monarch
10-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I love your inchies!!!!!

jensaz
10-14-2011, 10:04 AM
OOOHHH Evelyn, love those!!

HHC
10-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Good day to everyone! Fun inchies you've been creating! :)

HHC
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Here are a few autumn themed inchies I finished last night.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies-6_Leaves.jpg

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone. So many wonderful inchies. I finished these last night.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/2_Inchies_IAT_OCT_Crows.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259842)

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Here's a tip for all of my EK 1" Square Punching friends. If your punch isn't cutting through your paper like it once was, it needs to be sharpened and guess what...it's super easy. Just grab a sheet of aluminum foil and first punch it one sheet thin and then punch it folded in half and viola, a crisp, sharp punch!

chaosatlanta
10-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Another batch:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_11OCT14athon03.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=259852)
I am keeping them updated in my gallery (which are available/traded),
so just click the photo to go there.

Ibus
10-14-2011, 11:47 AM
For some unknown reason, these won't load in the gallery! Photo's not great. Autumn leaves.

TRADED
2.84349 3. 84350

Ruby Opaltones
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
hi all
I'm very sorry, but the weather has turned rainy and low pressure here, so I'm off to bed, feeling crappy (hope I don't offend anyone saying that - it just seemed the most expressive word under the circumstances!)

I see that a few of you have sent me PMs, but I'll have to answer you later. I would love to trade, so if you have PMed me, I will answer in the order you wrote to me. Please save me a set and we'll have to trade in a day or two :( If I run short, I can probably do something similar (although not a true copy!) because I have a few more backgrounds similar to the ones you've seen in sets #1 and 2.

Lovely work everyone - have fun with the rest of the swap. I LOVE the little books and the autumn leaves esp.

Best
Jess/ruby

alanabannana
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I had trouble loading this morning. I got one set too and the other would not. It kept coming up with a different picture from my gallery

Ruby Opaltones
10-14-2011, 12:04 PM
@ Jess love those jewel tones

Thanks Robin
This is a wonderful swap isn't it. I love the fall theme cards esp. I've been leaving so many You Rocks that I've run out! hahaha
Jess/ruby

Joss
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Jess, look after yourself, I also get badly affected when the barometric pressure drops too suddenly, it's not pleasant at all. Hope you will be back during the weekend to play again. I am back from school now, and so enjoying feasting my eyes on all this wonderful art. Lotsa reps going to you all right now!

Ibus
10-14-2011, 12:22 PM
hi all
I'm very sorry, but the weather has turned rainy and low pressure here, so I'm off to bed, feeling crappy (hope I don't offend anyone saying that - it just seemed the most expressive word under the circumstances!)

Hope you feel better soon http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb175/Ibuschat/hugs.gif

Joss
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
84351 IAT #7 - another 'found poetry' (scan not too good!)

84352 IAT #8 - Olympics in London next year! (traded)

KittyNL
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone, I have been busy today. Cleaned my house and then went shopping with my sister. I need to get something to eat and then I will get back to my inchies. Printed some lovely images yesterday. See ya later!

jo.on.the.go
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm inchie-ing....
#1 A Busy Time for Squirrels TRADED
#2 End of the Rainbow

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Hope you feel better Ibus! Lovely inchies everyone! I just had breakfast with my best girlfriend and now I'm going to do a little Paint Party Friday Blog Hopping. Next it's off for a couple of hours of tennis then I plan to settle down and create for the rest of the day/evening. My Hubby's in Brazil so I have lots of time!

CherylS
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Jo, love the way you made puzzle pieces. I did one more.

CherylS
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
IBUS, Nice job with the satin stitch edge.

Ibus
10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Hope you feel better Ibus! Lovely inchies everyone! I just had breakfast with my best girlfriend and now I'm going to do a little Paint Party Friday Blog Hopping. Next it's off for a couple of hours of tennis then I plan to settle down and create for the rest of the day/evening. My Hubby's in Brazil so I have lots of time!

A lot better thanks Robin, spending yesterday, drawing and creating was really good for me. I definitely feel a lot more like myself now!

Busy day for you, have fun!

Ibus
10-14-2011, 02:07 PM
IBUS, Nice job with the satin stitch edge.

Thanks Cheryl! :)

KESagers
10-14-2011, 03:01 PM
A few more from me - these inchies use original photos taken by me and my father. His photos have been digiatally altered by me but I think you would need a microscope to see the effects. The butterflies are all mine - taken by me this summer. 3 sets of 6.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Seasons.jpg
Seasons

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Nature-Walk.jpg
Nature Walk

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Butterflies.jpg
Butterflies

jo.on.the.go
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
#3 - Germination TRADED
#4 - Oak Leaves and Acorns TRADED

CynthiaSillitoe
10-14-2011, 03:18 PM
A few more from me. Regrettably, I have to spend some time doing laundry and other mundane things....sigh....I hate when housework interrupts an athon. I should get some more time tomorrow, though!

KittyNL
10-14-2011, 03:36 PM
2 more sets from me this evening. I am a bit slow today... maybe it will be better tomorrow!

5. Kids II
6. Love...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_6.jpg

Joss
10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
One more from me, now off to bed...see you all tomorrow. Have FUN. xx

84375 IAT #8

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Sweet Dreams Jossie! I'm back from Tennis and almost ready to start making inchies. I've got about another 30 minutes or so to put into a staff secret santa present then it's inchie city! YAY!

JACKS
10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
aww. gingasaurus. you can still participate. you still have 12 squares! :)

JACKS
10-14-2011, 07:25 PM
oh hee-hee, im all late. anyways I will make a few of these. one atc should make six of these.

NiteOwl
10-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I finally got 3 made! We're going out for a while so will check in later.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/large/1_2011-10-14_182329.jpg

teri
10-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Looks like I get time to play this evening! I'll post some later when I get them done. Looking at all these jewels is inspiring!

Linda4atc
10-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Monarch - I think lafaver55 might have been responding to my request to send the inchie books - unbound - complete with all parts but unbound to mail flat and save on postage.

Those inchie books are very cool! I've been hearing them mentioned but thought they were those sewen books with blank pages just inchie size.

I have no problem mailing unbound, or binding my own. Maybe it is a good idea to send a spare ring in case one gets lost. Not everyone will have jump rings the same size.

Charlie Brown
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Here is what I did in the wee early hours this morning before work. My photos are not the best - sorry! Off to make some more...
1.Whimsy- TRADED
2.Flowers
3.Funky
4.Primative Style

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Whimsy.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Flowers.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Funky.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Primative_Style.jpg

Evalila
10-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Here´s another set I made

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_creepy002.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_creepy002.jpg) - Traded -

alanabannana
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
another set of houses(set #2) and the last for the autumn theme(set #4) for me

monarch
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
available inchies....your choice

teri
10-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Here are my first ones. A set of 6 ladies with words and a set of 4 kiddos with words. I used some watercolor background inchies that were sprayed with sparkle. I still need to add some diamond glaze. I wanted to wait until after the picture because of the glare. I took the pic with my phone so it isn't the best.

Donnacr
10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Here are my next offerings - I started with the intention of making lots with text but only managed 2 before getting sidetracked:confused:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0036.jpg#6 (background is Chaucer in the original Middle English) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0037.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0038.jpg#8 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0039.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0040.jpg#10

RobbyGirl
10-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Wowser lots of gorgeous inchies since I last checked in! I haven't made any this afternoon dagnabit! Instead I took my 12 year old Son to see the remake of Foot Loose...Now I feel like dancing...LOL!

chaosatlanta
10-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Last batch for me tonight:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_11OCT14athon04.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260006)
I am keeping them updated in my gallery (which ones are available/traded),
so just click the photo to go there.

*First choice to folks whom I owe inchies.
I will check back tomorrow morning. Good-nite everybody.

jensaz
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
OOOOOO Lot's of cool inchies here. I too am having trouble posting a pic of my fall inchies.. not sure what's going on. I'm hoping to re photograph and try again.

jensaz
10-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Okay, rephotographed and here are my Fall inchies from yesterday.

84383AVAILABLE PM me if you want to trade

KESagers
10-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Wow - an amazing number of inchies! So much fun! I worked on 2 inchie books tonight with a Wonderland theme. I'll post them tomorrow - so tired I'm cross eyed now. :sleep:

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Wow - an amazing number of inchies! So much fun! I worked on 2 inchie books tonight with a Wonderland theme. I'll post them tomorrow - so tired I'm cross eyed now. :sleep:

Sounds CooL I wanna see em.

monarch
10-15-2011, 01:12 AM
couldn't sleep tonight so I made a micro inchie snowman book......
It isn't put together yet but thought it would be easier to show the pages...................

sorry but I can't get the other 3 pages loaded......I will try again tomorrow.........

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I made some inchies today but after showing them to my husband I dcided to keep them. (NOT available)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/38_My_Art_001.jpg hand drawn, markers
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/19_My_Art_002.jpg hand drawn, markers

(monarch) I may be persuaded to make more later in the week for trades. In the meantime I went into my studio after dinner and pulled out a bunch of stuff tp make inchies. My husband goes back to work Tuesday and Monday we have practical stuff to do so I can't spend all my time on inchies ;)

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I see lots of, cool, pretty and interesting little bits of art here. Could I ask that people try to put a bit of a descrition on them. Sometimes it is so hard to tell if something is collaged, stamped, drawn, or what...

And I hope it is ok to trade single or sets of three. Personally I like to do 3 or 4 not 6. And even though they are pretty I am not so interested in 6 almost the same inchie sets. I'm doing 3 now because it works better with the 6 most of you are doing so maybe if you want to trade you can split your sets?

Now that I'm done being a brat, I better give hugs and get busy and make some inchies to trade. :embarrased:

HHC
10-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Linda, you couldn't be a brat if you tried. Just sayin'. :D

Although I put a description of how I made the inchie in my gallery, I don't always link directly to it.

NiteOwl
10-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Here are 4 more of mine. The house with the round window and the last goul face is gone.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/large/1_2011-10-15_012419.jpg

Ibus
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I've never thought about trading less than six at a time, because I'm still a relative newbie and that's how all the swops etc have worked. I'm not averse to splitting up sets if people would prefer that.

I couldn't sleep last night, so made more inchies. I've taken photos, but haven't had enough coffee for my brain to function properly! :twitcy:

Evalila
10-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Hello everyone!

Here are my next two sets:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_steampunk003.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_steampunk003.jpg) Steampunk - TRADED -

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_asian004.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_asian004.jpg) Asian

jo.on.the.go
10-15-2011, 07:13 AM
#5 - Lighthouses Traded
#6 - Oak Forest Traded
#7 - Whales (jinspired by the Moby Dick Swap) Traded

Charlie Brown
10-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Wow, we are putting out some great little masterpieces. I have a few more that I made last night to upload and will be making more today. Got to run to the grocery and will be back to post and play later.

sandyuintah
10-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone!!

There are so many awesome inchies here!!

Here are a few of mine:

chaosatlanta
10-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Whew! Lovely stuff! I just got back from the grocery store ... I am pretty darn tired this morning. I couldn't sleep much last night, either. Pumping myself full of coffee right now, but I think I will have to take a nap today.

shayNOLA
10-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Morning!!
Yesterday I made several inchies and started doing them in sets but the more I think about it, I have to agree with others on the site that some are almost too identical. SO... later today I'll post several random inchies and number them (thanks, chaosatlanta). I totally love the idea of picking random inchies!! :jiggy:

chaosatlanta
10-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Good Morning!!
Yesterday I made several inchies and started doing them in sets but the more I think about it, I have to agree with others on the site that some are almost too identical. SO... later today I'll post several random inchies and number them (thanks, chaosatlanta). I totally love the idea of picking random inchies!! :jiggy:

you're welcome. ha-ha!

RobbyGirl
10-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow you guys are pumping out some fabulous inchies! As far as trades go you can trade them in any quantity you like as long as it's an even/fair trade (which is a site rule.) I'm eager to get to work this morning. I see so many inchies I'd love to have!

Ibus
10-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for hosting this Robin, it's brought my muse back home and made me feel a whole lot better! :) I'm still sad and no doubt will be for a long time, but I don't feel flattened and empty any more!

I have seven more sets to finish off and then I'll upload everything.

CherylS
10-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I just made a micro book! I didn't have any jump rings so I sewed the binding with gold thread.

monarch
10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
snowman micro book available......

I will put jump rings on before I mail..................traded

teri
10-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Such lovely pieces added since I was here last! I wondered about the trade quantity too. I make them until I run out of ideas (or time) and last night I found I had an odd number that didn't match the suggested amt and I had to struggle to get another one out. LOL I was so stuck on the suggested qty I couldn't think outside the box (the one inch box). I'm okay with splitting them up if anyone wants to pick random inches. I have a few things to do today but when all settles down this afternoon I'll be back with more. Gotta try that inchie book...

gingasaurus
10-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I've just started my micro books, I'm pretty excited about them :P

jo.on.the.go
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
#8 - Bats
*9 - Halloween
#10 - Lighthouses at Dusk TRADED

Evalila
10-15-2011, 10:52 AM
another set, done in watercolors :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_mushrooms005.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_mushrooms005.jpg) - TRADED -

monarch
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
my available inchies....your choice..........

1, 3, 6 and 8 are traded......................

KittyNL
10-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I have been working on some ATCs for swaps today. And did two inchies sets.

7. People (set of 3)
8. Autumn leaves II (set of 6)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_7.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_8.jpg

HHC
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Good morning! Beautiful inchies. I have a few sets to scan from last night. Is today micro-book day?

RobbyGirl
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Okay here's on update of my individual Inchies that are available. Number 5 is upside down, you an see it right side up in my gallery LOL.

#1- Is traded
#4 - Is traded

KESagers
10-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Oh all those micro books are fabulous! Here are the 2 I mentioned last night:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_White-Rabbit-inchie-book.jpg
White Rabbit - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Chesire-Cat-inchie-book.jpg
Cheshire Cat

I will punch holes and include jump rings but will be mailing flat and unbound. Would like to trade for other inchie books.

I'll try to work on some misc inchies today that can be traded individually or in mix and match sets.

HHC
10-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Here are the ones I finished last night.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Orange___Black.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260098) Orange & Black http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies-remember_happy.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260099) Remember happy http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Inchies_-_Red___Black2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260100) Red & Black 2

Charlie Brown
10-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Here are some more from me. Happy inchie making all!!!
1. Reds Text
2. Glitter and Gold
3. Cogs
4. Jumbled with Glitter
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Reds_Text.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Glitter_and_gold.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Cogs.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Jumbled_with_Glitter.jpg

Charlie Brown
10-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh, I just seen the post on trading particular inchies so that they are more random. I'm totally happy to mix mine up too. Just ask me and if I still have them available you can pick and choose too. I just want to have fun and trade!

sallyannart
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Here are my very first inchies!

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Wonderful inchies everyone!

I've only just realised at 18:27 that I haven't had anything to eat all day!

NiteOwl
10-15-2011, 01:35 PM
The green house is gone. I have to go to the store but when I get back I'm going to make more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/large/1_2011-10-15_122735.jpg

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
These are the Inchies I made last night when I couldn't sleep.

The tartan ones are recycled from a biscuit box, with butterflies cut out from some paper fabric I bought over a year ago and happily found again last night, while looking for something else!

The other butterflies are on Melted Crayon Technique backgrounds.

I stamped onto a piece of a telephone book page for the background and then used a blue sort of gel medium to cover it. I think it needs sommething else, but I'm not sure what.

Butterflies Sets are both traded
1. 84426 2. 84427 3.84428

KESagers
10-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Ibus - that's amazing that you can be so creative when you can't sleep! I'm usually just aggrivated and tired when I can't sleep. Beautiful inchies!

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:45 PM
All fabric inchies with machine embroidery

4. 84429 5. 84430 6.TRADED84431 7.TRADED 84432 8.84433

Joss
10-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Been rushing round most of the day, got some inchies half done- going to do them now and some twinchies too. Will be back...Your inchies are getting better and better every day Liza- now go and eat!

gingasaurus
10-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Here is my very first micro book... I like the covers more than I like the contents :P

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Last two. I have more of the black, but my eyes are tired, so I gave up sewing them.

9. 84435 10. 84436

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Ibus - that's amazing that you can be so creative when you can't sleep! I'm usually just aggrivated and tired when I can't sleep. Beautiful inchies!

Thank you :) I'm normally a night owl, so it's not that surprising to me, but I'm amazed that I started again so early this morning! ;)

Ibus
10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
...Your inchies are getting better and better every day Liza- now go and eat!

Thank you :) Looking back over todays work, I think the most successful ones are the plain fabric. The printed fabric doesn't work as well as inchies. I have fussy cut some woodland creatures out of fabric, but will do them to morrow.

Evalila
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Here are two sets of three:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/2_sea006.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/2_sea006.jpg) Sea

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_landscape007.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_landscape007.jpg) Landscape - TRADED -

sandyuintah
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Here are some circus inchies

KittyNL
10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
I got 2 more sets of inchies

9. Alice in wonderland
10. Yummie!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_9.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_10.jpg

RobbyGirl
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow Ibus you are on a real roll! Hope you are able to get some sleep!

Joss
10-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Two more sets....acrylics, rubbings, printed leaves etc. Going to have some food now.

84444 IAT #9

84445 IAT #10

Joss
10-15-2011, 03:35 PM
And a set of twinchies (I want to trade twinchies for this please)

84446 IAT #11 (traded)

teri
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I've only just realised at 18:27 that I haven't had anything to eat all day!

I cannot wrap my brain around that statement! I never forget to eat. :biglaugh:

Love, love, love your fabric inchies!

Ibus
10-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks Teri. :)

I got so involved with what I was doing, I wasn't hungry at all.

RobbyGirl
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_Inchies_IAT_4_Lovely_Ladies.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260167)

Ibus
10-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey Joss, you've just given me an idea! The fabric that doesn't work as Inchies, will probably be fine as Twinchies!! :yes:

Rogue Gal
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Okay, finally jumping in here with some that I made last night. I would like to trade them individually.

CynthiaSillitoe
10-15-2011, 04:25 PM
We need a twinchie athon! (Not saying we can't trade them here, just always want another athon. :) ) I wish I'd checked in earlier as now I want to do random ones. I'll do those tomorrow. Here are today's sets. They're all collage/found poetry. (I know. I'm not very good at remembering to say such things.)

As for trading, I sort of figure a set is a set and if a person with a set of 3 wants to trade for a set of 6, and both are happy, then it's good? 6 is turning out to be a good number for me for found poetry. Of course, tomorrow I'll just be making random ones. :) And tomorrow I may make some twinchies.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_leaveandreturn.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_pastwhy.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_howshewishes.jpg

HHC
10-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Cool inchies everyone!

I'm in a bit of a funk, (bratty kid being a putz) and not sure what I'll get done today. Although maybe some twinchies. :D

shayNOLA
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Rushing from one thing to another and trying to hurry and upload these little guys. I hate when I don't have time to do what I want to do!! :arghh:
I have several more to upload, but NO TIME! I'm off to a birthday party for my in-law and then a neighborhood party right after. I know... poor me, BUT I really want to be making more inchies! :)
Here's a link to my gallery. I haven't figured out how to do it properly.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=260190

KESagers
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Here is a set of mix and match inchies. Will trade any number mix and match with any of my mix and match sets. (I have more mix and match sets coming.)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Cat-and-Dog-inchies.jpg
Cat and Dog inchies
Kitties have traded

Charlie Brown
10-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Here are some more. Please let me know if you see something you like and you want to mix or match from other sets...I made a bunch also for random picking. I might work on a couple of micro books tonight for trade.

1. Surprise
2. Fresh Fruit
3. Random Choices...you pick (you can see these numbered better in my gallery)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Surprise.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Fresh_Fruit.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6762/small/1_Random_Choices...you_pick.jpg

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
I've never thought about trading less than six at a time, because I'm still a relative newbie and that's how all the swops etc have worked. I'm not averse to splitting up sets if people would prefer that.

I couldn't sleep last night, so made more inchies. I've taken photos, but haven't had enough coffee for my brain to function properly! :twitcy:

Ohh, 6 is a good number to trade. And 6 that have something to tie them together such as a theme, a backgound or such is great. (speaking for myself)
I just am not excited to have 6 that are all the same or the same with just a different color. In a swap they get mixed up and you do get differnt ones.

Glad your muse is back, big hugs. :wub:

Joss
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Nitey nite everyone, I am all 'inchied out'. Will do some trading tomorrow. Love ya all.

Rogue Gal
10-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Some more inchies - I'd like to trade these individually.

craftyvox
10-15-2011, 06:29 PM
OMGosh I can't believe I totally forgot about the Inchie-a-Thon!! Looks like I got a whole bunch of pages to browse tomorrow - fun :) Not sure I'll manage to participate this time around after all but there's always the fun of lurking, too.

KESagers
10-15-2011, 06:31 PM
More mix and match inchies. Will trade any number any combination from my mix and match sets:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Mix-and-Match-faces.jpg
Faces

miss
10-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Just wanted to pop on to say how much I've been enjoying the inchie influx in the gallery! I can't play along due to my lack of scanner, but I've been seriously drooling over some of these-- great job all round! :)

Ibus
10-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Miss, can you take photos of them? That's what I'm doing cos it's a mission to scan

NiteOwl
10-15-2011, 07:43 PM
The owl with moon, house, My Kitty & girl with crown are traded.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/large/1_2011-10-15_183747.jpg

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I was thinking today was people ...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/21_My_Art_002.jpg
mood inchies #1, #2, #3
(hand drawn, markers)

But I did do a Simpson Book.... (some assembly required) :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/39_My_Art_001.jpg
I will send the rings, and have pages glued and holes punched. (hand drawn, markers) TRADED

I am also willing to make more of these. I used the postage stamps to draw from.

KESagers
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
2 more mix and match inchie sets. My orignal kaleidoscopes on original backgrounds. Will trade any number and any combination from my mix and match sets.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Mix-and-Match-Kaleidoscopes1.jpg
1,3,6 traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Mix-and-Match-Kaleidoscopes2.jpg
2, 9 traded

2 more inchie books. Will trade for another inchie book or an combination of inchies that can be turned into a book. The backgrounds are my original winter photos.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Warm-Friendship-inchie-book.jpg
Warm Friendship

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bright-Hopes-inchie-book.jpg
Bright Hopes

HHC
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Oh, wonderful inchies everyone. I've accomplished nothing this afternoon. :unsure: Well, artistically speaking. I did clean house a bit. (boring!)

Linda4atc
10-15-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/13_My_Art_003.jpg
trade pending ... rubber stamped,
I will glue this book together. Pages are rubberstamped and collage bits. (TRADED)

hmmm, Maybe I need to add "Get" to the On the Road page. and I think the last page blends better than it looks here. I ran out of the first paper.

RobbyGirl
10-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Well I'm not keeping up this weekend! I did finish making inchies for an inchie book but it is already traded and supposed to be a surprise so I won't be posting it. I'm hoping to find time and a more focused muse tomorrow though! The inchies have been fantastic this weekend! You all do a host proud!!!

KESagers
10-15-2011, 11:46 PM
I have had a great time playing so far! We are celebrating a family birthday so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to be online tomorrow but I'll check in when I can. I promise I will answer my PMs as soon as I can but it will probably take me a little longer than usual. I hope everyone has another great day of inchie art. :)

PS - My gallery should be up to date but I'm not keeping track of everything in the thread.

sallyannart
10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
More Inchies! These little things are addictive.
Naturals
Time
Wheels

More detailed descriptions in my gallery.

NiteOwl
10-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Here are 2 more. Painted Lady & Green Fairy.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/large/1_2011-10-15_230823.jpg

Rogue Gal
10-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Argh! Lost my internet for several hours this afternoon/evening, but the good news is that I got some swap cards made. And, I have now traded my first ever inchies! Thanks, Tammy!

Linda4atc
10-16-2011, 03:38 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/3_My_Art_004.jpg
Fall Season inchies #1,#2, #3, #4, and a set of 2 (#5)
Description (Will trade Green ones by the piece, not a set)

Green backgrounds are cut from some paint bucket paper I made. #1, #3, #4 Rubber stamped leaves and part of a clock.

#2 Is pieced outfit for a face is colored and cut from a postage stamp of Margaret Chase Smith. (It is NOT messed up. I think the scan reacted to a invisible postal mark on the stamp.

(set of Two, #5)
antique backgrounds are rubberstamped words and compass, one has hand drawn leaves the other with hand cut tree, added red text by hand.

Linda4atc
10-16-2011, 03:47 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/small/5_My_Art_005.jpg The Season of Change Twinchie Set

Description Rubber Stamped Leaves and text. Inked backround and edges, and pretty Copper Stickles Glitter on the small leaves but it didn't scan well.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/5_My_Art_006.jpg Autumn Twinchies #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Description Rubber Stamped Leaves, and words

#1 accented veins and outlined leaves with a brown micron pen. small leaves have copper Stickles on them.

#2 Simple but Sweet, leaf has several colors of ink. Edge is inked in peach then barely edged in brown.

#3, #4, #5
Stamped in Black with with Copper stickles added to the Veins of the leaves., really pretty in the light but did not scan well. acrylic dryprushed backgrounds (really should make more of these)

sniisk
10-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Beautiful inchies everyone! Keep making them :). I didn't have any time to play this time.

KittyNL
10-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Goodmorning all,

It looks like a beautiful day outside, so I am going for a walk. And dropping my returns for the Black and White collage/mixed media swap in the mailbox at the same time!

I got one set done this morning

11. Ladies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_11.jpg

craftyvox
10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Here's a great source for Pre Cut INchies that I love. Maybe they are sold in a store in your area (Looks like the closest is Fort Lauderdale.) There are some online sources but not as quick as you need :(

Inchie Arts, LLC (http://www.inchiearts.com/Products.html)

Oh nooo!! Like I didn't have way to many awesome stuff on my wishlist already hahaha! :D I followed some links and came to an UK based store that sells their stuff. And a whole bunch of more.. too.. Thanks for sharing the link!

Great idea!!

No. I'm the woman in MA who put a needle into a bone. It went right through and came out in the middle of my nail. I use a stylus when sewing now.

Ouchieouch, man that sounds PAINFUL!

Fabulous inchies here! Makes mine look amateurish .... which I they are! I've not been doing this long. Going back to fabric tomorrow! :twitcy:

Liza, your inchies are just as awesome as all the others I've seen posted in the thread! They're great - I love them!

i shouldnt be torturing myself by looking at these!! so many cute little inchies! i have no way at all to make anything this weekend and im so bummed!

I know! So much awesomeness posted, and there'll be so little (if at all any) time for me to make anything.. Might just have to skip something like *housechores* today and do some crafting instead ;)

I still have a few more pages to browse through, but I kinda ran out of time while drooling over all the great stuff posted here so far.. First gotte run some errands, then back to browse the rest! Have a great day all!

Charlie Brown
10-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, I didn't do much more last night. I will have to make some micro books today. I feel like I'm a day behind. Theres nothing like relaxing in the morning with a great cup of coffee and working on some inchies - good way to start the day.

Thanks Robin for hosting!:yes:

KittyNL
10-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Went for my walk in the sunshine :yes: and went back to inchie/twinchie-making.

12. People
13. Mix and match set, traded seperatly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_12.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_IAT_13.jpg

And I made some twinchies as well.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Twinchie_Lady_I.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Twinchie_Lady_II.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Twinchie_Lady_III.jpg

alanabannana
10-16-2011, 08:43 AM
all wonderful inchies. Did not have chance to play at all yesterday:arghh: Don't think there will be much time today either. Will see.

RobbyGirl
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Good Morning! I'm trying to Skype my hubby who is in Brazil right now and having trouble getting through. After I hope to get started on some inchies. I'm running around trying to find the jump rings that I bought before I went on vacation (I sent some to you CraftyVox but mailed them kind of late so you'll get them sometime next week I imagine.)

craftyvox
10-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Good Morning! I'm trying to Skype my hubby who is in Brazil right now and having trouble getting through. After I hope to get started on some inchies. I'm running around trying to find the jump rings that I bought before I went on vacation (I sent some to you CraftyVox but mailed them kind of late so you'll get them sometime next week I imagine.)

That's just so sweet Robby! Thanks so much, will let you know when they arrive! :wubclub:

GALZART
10-16-2011, 10:04 AM
All fabric inchies with machine embroidery

4. 84429 5. 84430 6.TRADED84431 7.TRADED 84432 8.84433

For anyone who sews, you know how super this Satin Stitching is..and on Inchies!!!!?? Impossible!
If you don't sew, you can't imagine how difficult it is to do, even on an ATC...This is outstanding work.

I've been following this entire Thread...The Inchies are all SPECTACULAR! Maybe next IATHON I'll join in. Great work all!

JACKS
10-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Here are mine.

Evalila
10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Some watercolor-twinchies for Joss:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Twinchies008.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Twinchies008.jpg) - Traded -

miss
10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Nope, don't have a digital camera, either. I'm very low-tech :)

craftyvox
10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Nope, don't have a digital camera, either. I'm very low-tech :)

Maybe on your cellphone? Or is that too high-tech too? :) I know I only recently required a cellphone that had a camera built-in hehe!

shayNOLA
10-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone!
Last day for inchies. :(
I warned my family that I WILL HAVE MY INCHIE TIME TODAY!
These are the few still available of my first Random Inchies batch: 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18
Still available for Random Inchies II: 29
I'll have more later... since there are so many I want!! :)
~Shay

sandyuintah
10-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Good morning
I'm having alot of fun trading and making inchies. Meeting alot of nice people. Going to upload some more later.

craftyvox
10-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Last day for inchies. :(

I know, sad isn't it?! Can't we add an extra day, pretty please with sugar and whipped cream on top?! :goofy:

RobbyGirl
10-16-2011, 11:55 AM
LOL I'm absolutely fine with adding Monday in to the equation for anyone who wants to play.

HHC
10-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Good day to all you inchie artists! I love all the art that has been posted.

I'm not sure I'll get any more done, my muse is not with me today. But you never know. :)