PDA

View Full Version : Michigan meeting Dec 17 or Dec 18th?

Art By Camilla
11-18-2011, 05:02 AM
If people are willing to drive to Flint area(snow shouldn't be too bad yet), I could host something at my house on Sat Dec 17 or Sun Dec 18th, as long as it is a relatively small gathering. I've got a dining room table that sits 4, and I could set up a folding table or two as well. We could play in art journals (prep some background pages in advance, so you don't have to wait for paint to dry -though I do have a heat gun), trade cards, and yap up a storm! I've got several art journaling books we can look at for inspiration, as well.

We could just do a potluck for food. Any takers?

Camilla

Pennyquilter
11-18-2011, 10:18 AM
How nice of you to offer Camilla. Unfortunally we will be in the U.P. that week-end to attend an installation of a new Deacon in the church. His family has been friends of ours since we started going up there 15 years ago.
I hope some of the others can attend.

lini
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for offering Camilla. I would come in a minute, but we are leaving for Alabama that weekend. Will be gone several weeks. Could we do it mid-January...I'll be home by then I'm sure.

Art By Camilla
11-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Mid-January is fine for me - I'm just worried about people having to travel in the snow!

Pennyquilter
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey, we live in Michigan. We are use to driving in snow unless it is a blizzard, then that is a different story.
By January my house might be back together with the painting done, so I could host something too.

Art By Camilla
11-18-2011, 04:22 PM
January is pretty open for me at the moment - I could host Saturdays 7, 14, or 21, or Sundays 8, 15, 22.

Feedback on those dates? Any that DON'T work for someone that wants to come?

lini
11-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Unlike Penny, I'm not willing to travel in the snow. Maybe we could pick a Saturday and also pick an alternate one in case the roads are bad. I would feel much more comfortable with that.

Art By Camilla
11-19-2011, 01:37 AM
There is a Comfort Inn very close to my home. I've also got an air mattress and a sleeping bag for anyone that gets stranded. We could have girls' night sleepover!

Seems weird to be planning for January already, doesn't it?!

Art By Camilla
11-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I've got a poll posted (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21574) for January dates; please vote for your two best choices.

Look forward to hearing from you all!