PDA

View Full Version : Michigan meeting January 2012 in Flint area?

Art By Camilla
11-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Ok, December isn't looking so good. How about January? We can brave the Michigan snow! We can pick a date, and an alternate date in case the weather is bad. There is also a Comfort Inn very near my house, and I've got an air mattress and sleeping bag (or you can bring your own) for those who get stranded! We can have a girls' night sleepover!

If people are willing to drive to Flint area I could host something at my house. I'm near I-69 and M-15 interchange in Davison. About an hour from many places. I've got a dining room table that sits 4 comfortably to work, and I could set up a folding table or two as well. We could play in art journals (prep some background pages in advance, so you don't have to wait for paint to dry -though I do have a heat gun), trade cards, and yap up a storm! I've got several art journaling books we can look at for inspiration, as well.

We could just do a potluck for food. Any takers?
I've posted a poll, vote for your best first and second choices. NOTE: you MAY vote for two choices.

Camilla

Pennyquilter
11-19-2011, 10:07 AM
It depends on which week-ends we plan to head to the U.P. in January. I'll vote later.

Art By Camilla
11-20-2011, 11:07 PM
The UP in January?! You are a brave soul!

Pennyquilter
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
We go all year 'round! Have you heard from anyone else? Hopefully we can get at least six artists to come.

Art By Camilla
11-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Haven't heard a word from anyone else :(
Maybe it's just a bad time of year for people.

Art By Camilla
11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Some of us are available during the week, so we are also considering a Tuesday or Thursday gathering. Let me know if there are dates that work for you on Tuesdays or Thursdays during the week in January.

Camilla

Art By Camilla
12-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Looks like a no-go for January 2012. Bad time of year; bad weather, who knows?

We can try again for something in the spring, but I will be in the midst of moving out of state by then! I just can't stay put in one place for long - I was moving during our Get-Together last spring, too!

Pennyquilter
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
You are moving again? Which state are you headed to?

Art By Camilla
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
You are moving again? Which state are you headed to?

If all goes as planned, to southwestern NY State, near the PA border. In the Allegheny Mountains region.

Wonder if there are any AFA members around that area? :)