PDA

View Full Version : Cross stitch needed in trade

icekat
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm working on my dollhouse and I need some small cross stitch pieces or other types of miniature crafts done in exchange for paintings/drawings of equal size (in keeping with the rules here). I may be inclined to do extra as a thank you... :D Note that my dollhouse is inhabited by a family of anthro cats, so they walk upright and behave pretty much as humans. They need all the usual stuff!

I need several pieces, and you can choose to do one or more in trade. Just let me know what theme you want in return. Check my gallery to see my style and general things I usually draw. I know cross stitch is time consuming, and I'm willing to make your return items as detailed as you like.

Please note that I need a little bit of blank edge on each of these things so that I can make them into pillows, blankets, etc for the dollhouse. Don't stitch the design right to the edge and leave about a quarter inch extra for seam allowance for me, please. You do not have to make it into a pillow or blanket or whatever. I'll do that part here when it arrives.

Needed:
Green = someone's working on it
Purple = Received Thank you!
1) Matching pillow and blanket pieces with a ballerina design in blue. Bonus points if the ballerina is a kitty. Pillow: 2"x1.5" plus seam allowance; blanket 3"x5" plus seam allowance.

2) Matching pillow and blanket pieces in blue background with white snowflakes and white leopard type spots. Pillow: 2"x1.5" plus seam allowance; blanket 3"x5" plus seam allowance.

3) Throw pillow in pink Hello Kitty theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance. --mellyr

4) Throw pillow in pink My Little Pony theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance.

5) Throw pillow in lavender Hello Kitty theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance. --mellyr

6) Throw pillow in lavender My Little Pony theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance.

7) Throw pillow in red and black Turkish rug theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance.

8) Throw pillow in purple and gold Turkish rug theme: 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance.

9) ATC sized 2.5"x3.5" 'wall hanging' with a Spring theme (cute bunny would be good) No seam allowance required. --Cee-Emm doing a bunny

10) ATC sized 2.5"x3.5" 'wall hanging' with a Halloween theme (pumpkins preferred)No seam allowance required. --Cee-Emm doing a pumpkin

11) ATC sized 2.5"x3.5" 'wall hanging' with a Winter theme (snowflakes, cute snowmen)No seam allowance required. --Misfitintoyland doing snowflakes

12) ATC sized 2.5"x3.5" 'wall hanging' with a Harvest theme. No seam allowance required.

13) Throw pillow in blue that says 'Angel': 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance. --Misfitintoyland

14) Throw pillow in blue that says 'Wynter' (spelled like that, please): 1.5"x1.5" plus seam allowance. --Misfitintoyland

15) Micro-mini amigurumi (crochet) teddy bears or other plush animals. No taller than 2".--MadamRouleau making 10!

16) Polymer clay foods: loose fruit, veggies, etc, plates with meals, platters of food, etc

17) Tea set, mugs of coffee, drinks of various sorts

18) Mini books of various sorts: occult, children's, women's magazines, novels, cookbooks

19) Girly accessories such as tray of perfume bottles, knickknacks, jewelry box, etc

20) Witchy items for an occult themed room: ouija board, books, cauldron, candles, cabinet of potions, etc

21) Wee plants in pots or for a garden, gardening accessories

If I think of more I'll add it on. LOL Big order, I know, but I figure I can collect these things bit by bit or in groups and maybe make someone happy who likes my art in return.

I'm adding my wist here (http://wists.com/icekat) so you can get an idea of some of the things I like. I'll trade for any of it!

Make a note here or PM me to start a trade.

mellyr
11-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Have pm'd you

icekat
11-22-2011, 01:18 AM
So far I have Misfitintoyland signed up for the items noted in green. I'll keep the list updated as noted in the colour scheme so I can keep track. Thanks to everyone who's been responding. I'm so excited!

mellyr
11-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Ive got the lavender hello kitty cushion almost done

Norabear
11-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I can do some of the ATC-sized wall hangings but it will be after the first of the year before I can start, if you can wait.

I would show you the patterns beforehand for your approval. Also, might be able to do something with the mini-Turkish stuff.

icekat
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Sounds awesome, Norabear! I'm not in a huge rush. I'm still working on decorating the house itself, so furnishing it is sort of premature anyhow. I just can't help myself from collecting. lol Let me know when you're ready.

I'm working on the trades I've got set up so far!

Norabear
11-23-2011, 07:49 AM
If it's at all possible, give me a nudge after the first of the year. I just got out of the hospital and my brain is still fuzzy from antibiotics.

icekat
11-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Norabear. I'll certainly do that. :)

Cat's Cradle
11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I can work on the mini ami for you. I have lots of thread to play with!

Misfitintoyland
11-24-2011, 07:07 PM
I finished the 3 items for you and PM you about them. In my gallery waiting for your approval :)

mellyr
11-24-2011, 07:31 PM
here is my first piece,sorry the colour didnt come out very well in the pic. it is the size 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches and the backgound is a lavender pale purple. it is done to scale on 36 count evenweave. alomst went blind stitching to this scale lol i hope it acceptable and what you were looking for.

icekat
11-24-2011, 08:38 PM
omigosh, that's so cute! I love it! That's perfect for a little pillow. :D I can't wait to see what else you do!

icekat
11-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I can work on the mini ami for you. I have lots of thread to play with!

Sorry I missed your post originally. I PMed you back!

icekat
11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Here are a couple fairies I made for one of my cross stitch trades. I've also got one and a half done for Misfitintoyland, but I need to finish the ferret before I post them!

Cat's Cradle
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Love your fairies!

icekat
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Love your fairies!

Thank you!

Working on more cards and some hearts for the Jar of Hearts swap, and maybe my jointed paper doll book if I get that far. Busy busy!

icekat
11-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Whooo... this is fun!

Okay, I've finished the cards for Misfitintoyland and just need her addy to send them to. Here they are:

mellyr
11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Icekat your ards are amazing, and they've just reminded me that we never worked out a trade, could you pm me about this when you get a chance, I'll be doing at least the 2 hello kitty pillows, thank you

icekat
11-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Icekat your cards are amazing, and they've just reminded me that we never worked out a trade, could you pm me about this when you get a chance, I'll be doing at least the 2 hello kitty pillows, thank you

PMed you just now. :)

If anyone wants to do other types of accessories for a dollhouse, just make a proposal. I'm completely open to trading for polymer clay foods, toys, girly stuff like perfume bottles and knickknacks, tea set... I dunno... everything. Show me what you can do and I'll see if we can organize something. I'll probably adjust the first post at some point to reflect that too.

Misfitintoyland
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Whooo... this is fun!

Okay, I've finished the cards for Misfitintoyland and just need her addy to send them to. Here they are:

Oh wow!!! Those are absolutely wonderful and PERFECT!!! Thank you so much!! I will have your items done by tonight I think, I have some free time today

Adrienne

craftyvox
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
This is sooo awesome! I love dollhouses, and one day hope to make one myself from scratch (with the help of my handy husband heh), then decorate it as well with miniatures! Do you have any pics of yours online? Would love to see!

icekat
12-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll be posting some photos after the new year, when I've had time to organize it a bit. I really want to finish the outside walls before I start on the inside because I'm a bit messy and I don't want to muck all over my interior. That would make me sad. I do have a shot of the house in its original form, when I picked it up off the sidewalk. I've since then torn off the roof to make half of it level so I can add another room and a terrace. I had those roughed out but the cats 'loved' the tower room right off since then. Sad... But I will push onward.

Here's the original condition and the start of the reno. I'm not showing the brickwork I started trying because I hate it and will be tearing it off to start over with an egg carton technique I found instead.

Cat's Cradle
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Heather, something major has come up and I'm not going to have the extra time or energy to work on the mini ami. So sorry.

icekat
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
That's okay, just work on getting things better, whatever they may be.

icekat
12-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Okay, Mellyr, here are the cards I worked up for you! Hope you like them. :)

mellyr
12-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Omg they are awesome, I love them I'll have your second piece done in the next week, thanks so very much

icekat
12-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Yay! I really love how the Alice came out, personally.

icekat
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
This 4x4 is for Cee-Emm!

Cee-Emm
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
oh wow!! I love it so much already!!
thank you ever so much,exactly what I would have wished for!!

Cee-Emm
12-10-2011, 05:28 PM
and I will enjoy seeing progress updates of your house too!
I have a similar project in mind, but and building with very heavy card gift boxes for each room.As I am such a restless soul I will probably have a theme for each room.. there is a fantastic book out called Mixed Media Dollshouses which has my head spinning as to possibilities... so a Wonderland room, mermaid room goth room are all likely to live happily side by side!

icekat
12-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I've read that book, Cee-Emm, and it was inspiring! There's actually a craftalong on Craftster where people are building and decorating dollhouses. Anyone who's interested should go take a look. There are some really talented people participating.

The fairies have a bunch of sparkle, you just can't see it in the scan. It's in the wings and the boy's hair. Phrixy threatened to steal it when we were arting together.

icekat
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Got Misfitintoyland's items today, thank you! As soon as I have a moment to breathe I'm going to make up the little pillows and hanging. :) Maybe I'll try to set up one Christmas room in my dollhouse just to feel like I've accomplished something with this project.

Lucky dollhouse dwellers, I also got a case of wine off eBay for them which arrived today. Cheers!

icekat
12-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

If anyone's looking for availables from me, here are a few koi items: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=274091

I got some adorable Calico Critters for my dollhouse project for Christmas/Yule, and here's a photo so far. There are 9 kitties in there! You can't see a brown one that's in the cradle with a white one. The rest of the rooms look like hoarders live there at the moment. LOL

Cee-Emm
01-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Yay!!
Finally, with several cross-stitch pieces rejected along the way..here they are:
{ may I have your addy please.. they are ready to roll! sorry if it was already sent...}
I hope you like them..sorry for the wonky scanning!
cathy

craftyvox
01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

If anyone's looking for availables from me, here are a few koi items: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=274091

I got some adorable Calico Critters for my dollhouse project for Christmas/Yule, and here's a photo so far. There are 9 kitties in there! You can't see a brown one that's in the cradle with a white one. The rest of the rooms look like hoarders live there at the moment. LOL

How cute! Love they even got their own christmas tree:)

Yay!!
Finally, with several cross-stitch pieces rejected along the way..here they are:
{ may I have your addy please.. they are ready to roll! sorry if it was already sent...}
I hope you like them..sorry for the wonky scanning!
cathy

They're lovely Cathy!

icekat
01-17-2012, 04:24 PM
So cute! I'll PM you now.

The dollhouse got a new shelf, along with some major decorating upgrades. I'll show it off as soon as I find the charging cord for my camera. :D

purplybunny
01-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey :) I can work on some of the witchy stuff for you if you like? if you have patience to wait i'll make you a mini tarot deck complete with tarot cloth. i've been reading the tarot for over 26 years so i can even make it so it is a proper working tarot deck if you'd like ;) i also have loads of mini crystals you can have no problem :) will take a look and see what else i can do. pm me if you're interested xxx

Tea_Roll
01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
16 and below just look like something that is right up my alley to play with in making. Some little pastries, a tea set and something to read is on my list of projects now.

icekat
01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Miniatures are so fun! And addicting. I'm waiting impatiently for my new package of Calico Critters to arrive for my birthday. Ahhhhhh! I ordered a bunch of new kitties from the site I got the white Persis cats from. 11 new kitties coming!!! We're going to need a new wing on the house ASAP!

icekat
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Woot! Got the little wallhangings from CeeEmm today! I'm thinking that maybe a couple of wee mug hook-type things for eye screws screwed into the wall might be good to hold a little rod for hanging these sort of things. Will ponder. I need to decorate the livingroom walls and floor before I get too carried away.

Still no package of Calico Critters yet. Sad. But they have a week to get here before my birthday so I'll try to keep cool until then. lol

More pix shortly, as I finally found my camera cord! The two bedrooms have been painted and have beautiful trim. The adults' bedroom is soooo pretty, I think. Just need to do the floor.

moonrose442
02-03-2012, 01:32 AM
well I turned this little fruit bowl. I don't remember what kind of wood it is. Its by a penny in side the lens cap. :) If you like give me a pm

Cee-Emm
02-03-2012, 01:43 AM
the fruit bowl is just so lovely, moonrose!

icekat
02-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Wow, great work! I'll PM you now before I hit the sack. :)

moonrose442
02-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Thank you Cee-Emm and icekat. :embarrassed::D

icekat
02-04-2012, 05:46 AM
I did a post here and I don't want to redo all that and upload the photos, so click here if you want to see my dollhouse progress: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389492.msg4744939#msg4744939 Scroll down to my post, I'm Icekibby on there. But you might recognize my stuff anyhow.

Oh yeah, my new kitties came today in the mail! So happy!

moonrose442
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks great love all the red in the bedroom.
Here's a video of some turning I did.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?feature=mhee&v=GJETTBuY_aU

Cee-Emm
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Heather,thanks for that link, it has re-assured me the red I am using is just the "right red"for your adults room:D

icekat
02-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Cool! This project is so fun! And we're going to have many houses to decorate with all these kitties I keep collecting, so the swapping will continue!

Cee-Emm
02-08-2012, 03:55 AM
I have now been on Crafters all day, and am still only half way through the CAL mini-house thread..have been checking out all the links and tagging as I go! Thanx for the new addiction LOL! love it.
In the meantime, I have been plotting the cat ballerina bed cover... hmm..found a way cool kitty in tutu/sweet pose pic, and embroidered it, now appliqueing it to a pale blue fabricto see if it works okay. Will keep you posted on that too!

icekat
02-08-2012, 08:56 AM
lol It is such an addiction!

I'm excited to see what happens with a ballerina blanket! Angel would love it!

icekat
02-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Elephant for Moonrose!

Working on some things for Cee-Emm today too! I have some assembling to do...

Cee-Emm
02-13-2012, 04:43 AM
love that elephant!
well, I signed up on that Wee House site! posted there today too.
the bed cover is coming along also, changed it to a deeper blue for Angels bed, and am now much happier with it.The adults one is cut out and I have the stitching pattern graphed etc, so am excited all round!

icekat
02-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Oooh, I can't wait to see!

moonrose442
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Ooooh love love the elephant!!!!:D

Cee-Emm
02-17-2012, 02:06 AM
here is the ballerina cover, with throw pillow.. I hope you like it!
The cover is in a beautiful rich blue sateen sort of fabric, and has silver metallic thread stitched all over it.
The Ballerina cat is appliqued on, she was embroidered first...such an elegant dancer.
The throw pillow has the same silver stitching and tassles!

I read somewhere that if covers for small beds don't sit right on the bed, run a thin wire through the top and bottom seam and then bend... ooh! that's a magic idea and stops all the worry about it sitting all wrong!
I will hang on to it til I see if I can get anything else on my list finished before I go away..
{ it is really lovely, my very new and very very cute Sylvanian Hedgehog family :D are eyeing it off..hehehehe, but I promised to make something similar for them so yours is safe!}

icekat
02-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Ahhhhh! Angel will love that! So cute! The image is perfect!

Thanks for the tip about making the bedding drape better. Great idea! I'm so excited to see what else you're working on. There is much squeeing going on around here!

Aren't the Sylvanians addictive? lol

Cee-Emm
02-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Am so glad you like it! I adore the blue fabric and irl the silver thread looks so stunning.
{ addictive??..the Sylvanians.??.um..YES!!}
My local toy shop has the FULL range of them, :confused: from the hedgehogs that took me 1 whole hour to finally decide on.. from the very cute cats range,mice! oh, I loved the mice so much!! koalas, chocolate rabbits,.. you know!
These hedgehogs are going to live in a fabric tree-stump. Long ago I made one for my niece, it zips open through the middle to "play ". All she wanted at the time was a Sylvanian family, but they were very very pricey then and I knitted some little mice for her.
If I can somehow plan making it multi-storey and each level can open then a few of the other families can find their way into the tree stump apartments house.
I was talking to the Rep while in the shop, and she had no issues with a middle-aged lady going batty over the range of animals! ..had seen it all before!

icekat
02-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Always willing to trade for minis, FF, so feel free to approach me about it. :)

icekat
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Got some cool witchy minis from Sqeek today! A wee jar of herbs, some books, a ouija board, and tarot cards! I'll have to try posting a photo when I can find a spot to get a good one. The witchy room hasn't been added to the house just yet.

I have a Buckbeak done, just working on the rest. Thank you so much!

icekat
03-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Some Harry Potter goodness for Sqeek!

Donnacr
04-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Just posting here while I look up my collection of amigurumi patterns to see if I have a teddy bear - I have made owls before using sewing thread, I'll have to see if I can manage a teddy bear.

icekat
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Oooh, cool! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

PinkZombie
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Your house is so cute! I've wanted a doll house ever since I was little but never got one. I thought about it a few years ago now that I'm all grown up, but thought nah... I'm an adult. Ha maybe someday though. I really enjoyed your pics you linked to!

icekat
05-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Pink Zombie, you're never too old for doll houses! You could even set up miniature scenes on a shelf if you don't have a house yet.

I've been crazy-busy, so I haven't worked on my house lately. We have egg cartons saved up to do the sides as stonework, and scraps of fabric for all sorts of projects for it. We went a little crazy at a textile sale the other day...

And it looks like MadamRouleau will be making little tiny plushies for the kittens in our houses. Yay! They will be very happy!

gordianot
10-24-2015, 05:13 PM
I really want to contribute to your doll house! What a fun set of pieces! If I were to do the snowflake set (my favorite theme), what type of blue background? Dark, light, subtle, bright, ombré, variegated or whatever? When I do those, I may play with more items. I love miniatures and details, but don't ever know what to do with them!

icekat
10-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Ooh, that's exciting! Wynter will love it. Maybe ombre or variegated? Let me know what you want in trade once you've figured out what all you're making. :)