PDA

View Full Version : It's Time for the Chunky-Page-A-Thon, November 25-27, 2011!!

Pages : [1] 2

mrubyjean
11-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the November Chunky Page A-Thon (CPAT)
**Thanks to beeps and sniisk for information from previous Chunky-Page-a-Thons**

What IS an A-THON?
It’s a marathon where we can create art (chunky book pages this time), done over the same time in each time zone.
This thread is going to be our common discussion and display space.

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00 am (just after midnight) on Friday November 25, 2011 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday November 27, 2011

WHAT TO MAKE ~
*Chunkies are 4x4 inch pages that you put together very much like an ATC.
They can be drawn, painted, stamped and glued... whatever your heart desires!
*Chunkies can also sport thick embellishments, like jewels, buttons, threads, charms, etc.
*Chunkies can also have danglies of all kinds, especially on the right-hand side of the page.
*Keep the left 1/2" of the chunky page FREE of chunky things so the recipient can bind it.
*Decorate your chunky page backs. They don't need to be fancy but they should not be left undone.
You can glue a pretty paper to the back if you are running out of steam.
*Remember to put your username somewhere on the back of your pages.
You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

HOW IT WORKS ~
Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread.
Trading and chatting are going on all the time.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE ~
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST ~
And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD ~

From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large.
Find the word or letters ~s m l ~ in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, please post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

*Chunky Resources ~

Chunky Book Pages: The Know-It-All Guide by Original Youth
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294

*Favorite Themes ~

AnnaAardvark ~ coffee/ coffee mugs, vintage Christmas, Butterfly pages, Owls, Beach themed, and Birds
paintmanycolors ~ Christmas
mrubyjean ~ autumn, winter, zentangle pages
RogueGal ~ owls, cats, crows, beautiful vintage women
catscradle ~ Zetti, Zentangle, cats, dogs, flowers
jensaz ~ dog, cat, rat themes; vintage ladies; any of the seasons; teapot/teacup; asian; dragon and black and white
lilbad~ sheep, cottages, lavender, trees
KittyNL~ butterflies, birds, dragonflies, coffee themed, oriental/asian, Paris...
Sandyuintah~ purple, tigers, elephants, orange, and silver.
HHC~ birds (especially blackbirds and owls), anything garden or nature themed
Nancy ~ Black and white,Turquoise,Orange and Zetti
sniisk~ coffee (or tea), men (or boys), monochromatic (all colours), flowers.
Evalila~ dragons, Black and White, anything nature (birds, bees, trees, flowers - LOVE to have more than one on a page), monochromatic, vintage style pages...

Just Ducky
11-23-2011, 12:13 AM
super... we's offical :D :yes:

mrubyjean
11-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow, Ducky...you found this thread FAST!
Just got it up and running...

Seasoned A-Thoners ~ please let me know if I have missed any important info in the opening post!

**Also, if folks have particular themes you would like to collect over the weekend, let me know and I'll list your themes in the first post**

Rogue Gal
11-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Woot! Thanks for hosting, Martha!

Cathy1
11-23-2011, 01:09 AM
With any luck I'll be making some chunkies for this athon. Thankyou Mrubyjane for hosting this and the great instructions.

Donnacr
11-23-2011, 02:08 AM
It's now official! I find chunkies much slower to make than ATCs - but I guess part of that is that I get quite carried away with using all the different layers that are now available to me evil, demented little laugh with hand rubbing

HHC
11-23-2011, 02:23 AM
woohoo! Almost party time! :)

Donna, I'm slow whatever I'm creating. LOL!

sniisk
11-23-2011, 02:37 AM
I hope to go home early on Friday :).

AnnaAardvark
11-23-2011, 04:30 AM
I have never participated in an "A-THON" before but this looks like a good place to start. :D

AnnaAardvark
11-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Themes I am collecting: coffee/ coffee mugs, vintage Christmas, Butterfly pages, Owls, Beach themed, and Birds

monarch
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
ohhhhh fun fun!!!!!

Blanche
11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Yay! I can't wait to start - this is gonna be fun!!!! :jiggy:

KESagers
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Ducky I just sent you message about your backgrounds curling and this is what I said:

Glue something to the back - the same way you glued to the front and when they dry they should be flat. It has something to do with the fibers in the paper/chipboard and moisture. If you do the same thing to both sides it evens it out. :)

Looking forward to seeing all of the chunky art. Busy week here with the holiday and my hubby's birthday but I'll play if I can. ;)

CynthiaSillitoe
11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I've managed to get sick. :( I'm still hoping to play a little, though.

KESagers
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh no! I hope you feel better Cynthia!

sharlene54
11-23-2011, 02:51 PM
That's terrible, Cynthia. I hope you feel better.

CynthiaSillitoe
11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks. I think I will by this weekend. The plan is to spend today in bed and maybe tomorrow, aside from dinner with family. (I'm very glad I wasn't planning to cook it.) By the weekend, I hope I'll be up for some art. Luckily, I've already done most of my prep.

For danglies, do you use something like cropadiles to punch or is there another trick? I haven't bought a cropadile....yet..I'm thinking of seeing if they show up on favorite art websites in Monday sales. I do have a regular hole punch that I think will work on the cardboard I plan to use, though probably not the coasters.

lilbad
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Cynthia, hope you can get a cropodile...will make life so much easier....and easier on those hands!

mrubyjean
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Cynthia ~ Here's hoping it's just a quick bug...and you recover quickly!

I finally bought a crop-a-dile! But a hole punch worked for me on most chunkies.
Sometimes, for some danglies, a stapler works. And, on some chunkies, I stabbed a little hole with an exacto knife and used a brad to hold the dangly (and cover the hole) :laugh:

CynthiaSillitoe
11-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I've wondered if even a needle would work if I put the danglie on a layer of lighter paper (easy to pierce with a needle) and then layered? I've also been thinking I might be able to get some danglies to work by putting down a little double-sided tape, then the thread, and then tape and collage over, but I'll have to experiment to make sure they're really secure. With chunky pages being turned and handled, as opposed to in sleeves, it seems like durability would be good.

Believe me, I will have a crop-a-dile before the January CPAT!

Ibus
11-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Themes I am collecting: coffee/ coffee mugs, vintage Christmas, Butterfly pages, Owls, Beach themed, and Birds

I've got backgrounds waiting for two of your themes, Vintage Christmas and Owls! ;)

Ibus
11-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I've wondered if even a needle would work if I put the danglie on a layer of lighter paper (easy to pierce with a needle) and then layered? I've also been thinking I might be able to get some danglies to work by putting down a little double-sided tape, then the thread, and then tape and collage over, but I'll have to experiment to make sure they're really secure. With chunky pages being turned and handled, as opposed to in sleeves, it seems like durability would be good.

I've been using a plain greeting card type card for chunky bases. I keep them open while working and make a hole with a large needle for my dangly bits. I then glue it closed, so the dangly ends have the added security of being sandwiched and won't unravel or anything dire. I then do the back.

HHC
11-23-2011, 09:14 PM

Cynthia, I've used an awl (originally in my sewing kit) to punch holes. It works quite well, although I have a crop-o-dile that I LOVE! :D

Ibus
11-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Good idea, I must dig out my awl!

Misfitintoyland
11-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh my, I am really hoping I can squeeze a bunch of chunkies out this weekend!!! I am obsessed with chunkies!!!

Suze
11-24-2011, 10:47 AM
tra la la la la la la la la....doing the chunky dance, which in my case is not difficult as I've gained some weight over the last year.....:laugh:
happy to see some folks chomping at the bit.....working on backgrounds today.

I'm trying to do a Christmas Chunky book, so will be making Chunky Christmas pages:yes:

Ibus
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Tick, tock, tick tock only nine hours to go and I can start!

GALZART
11-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't know if my 'creative mind' will click in or not, but I'll be following to see what all of you are doing.

dsign49
11-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I sure hope I get to play in this athon.
With work and company I don't know how much I will be able to play.

mrubyjean
11-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Good morning!
I think I dreamed about chunky pages last night...wish I could remember it better...maybe it contained some inspiring ideas.

Happy Thanksgiving to US folks!
And Happy Chunky Creating to everyone!
(still 14+ hours away for me, though...)

Misfitintoyland
11-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Good morning!
I think I dreamed about chunky pages last night...wish I could remember it better...maybe it contained some inspiring ideas.

Happy Thanksgiving to US folks!
And Happy Chunky Creating to everyone!
(still 14+ hours away for me, though...)

I did too!!! I woke up today and starting cutting pages!!! I can't wait!!

Misfitintoyland
11-24-2011, 02:43 PM
QUESTION: what if you have like 20 or 30 chunkies done by the end?? How do you post them all without eating up the forum thread? Should a link just be posted to thread of mail art for trade?

sniisk
11-24-2011, 03:11 PM
You can post them one after another when they are ready. I wouldn't wait the the end of the weekend.

Misfitintoyland
11-24-2011, 06:17 PM
ok thanks

Ibus
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Changed my mind. First two! #1 is 3D, #2 is a sticker on Oriental paper. They don't have dandlies yet, one because I'm tired and am going off to bed and two, because I'm not sure what to put on them. I'll look at them again with fresh eyes tomorrow. In the meantime, if anyone wants them as is, that's fine as well!

87188 CPAT 1 TRADED 87218 CPAT2

CynthiaSillitoe
11-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Pretty!

I'm clearing out my PM box and ready to start tomorrow. :)

mrubyjean
11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Lovely start, Ibus!

Just got back from a Thanksgiving meal...thought I might go organize my art studio...

Rogue Gal
11-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm working on backgrounds and such :)

Some themes I'm interested in include: Owls, Cats, Crows, Beautiful Vintage Women.

sharlene54
11-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm gathering materials and cutting paper for backs. I have prepped a few backgrounds and I'll ready to go tomorrow morning.

Great start, Ibus.

Blanche
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanksgiving dinner was a blast, company has gone home, I have the James Bond marathon on TV, and ready to start making backgrounds. :jiggy:

Not sure if I will make it to midnight or not, as I was up cooking at the crack of dawn this morn, but I will try!

Ibus, you got us off to a great start! :D

lilbad
11-25-2011, 12:18 AM
I can barely bend to type on the puter...that last bite of stuffing did me in. I am not sure about the uploading instruction....I am just going to upload into my gallery.

jensaz
11-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Gonna try to get my chunk on... Okay, I'm a big girl but I laughed at that anyway....:D

Hope to have time to do this. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

Evalila
11-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Oh, almost forgot about this :err:

I have lots on my plate this weekend, but I hope to find some time to make a few chunkies.

Evalila
11-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Ibus, your chunkies are beautiful, especially love the first one!

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 03:05 AM
I watched a bit of the James Bond marathon, too, Blanche!

Doesn't look like I'll make it to midnight :sad:
but Happy Creating, Everyone! and I'll look forward to checking in in the morning.:D

HHC
11-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Great start to the a-thon, Ibus!

KittyNL
11-25-2011, 04:01 AM
I am normally not into chunkies, but it is an a-thon.... and I LOVE a-thons. So chunkies it is :D. Got two backgrounds prepared, I am going for a swim with my mum and sis this morning, but I will be back!

sniisk
11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm home and ready for crafting!

AnnaAardvark
11-25-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm up and brainstorming... I don't work that fast but I can't wait to get started!
Got a new scanner. I'm gonna go get hubby out of bed and have him hook it up this morning. I don't want to hit any snags this weekend!! :D

sandyuintah
11-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Here are a few of mine

monarch
11-25-2011, 09:56 AM
here is one that is available..............off to the doc and having chemo................. be back later................

traded

Suze
11-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Warm Hugs, Carol.

I didn't make it to midnight, *grin*, cheez, the older I get the earlier I go to bed....whats up with that? I thought once the kids were all gone, I could "party" all night if I wanted to.
I'm sitting here with coffee, thinking, thinking, thinking bout chunkys...time to quit sitting and start doing!:yes::yes::yes:...............I've thunk enough already.

Suze
11-25-2011, 10:52 AM
oh dear, forgot to say, "I love your Chunky's Sandy!

Ibus
11-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I decided to leave CPAT1 as is, no danglies. I added to CPAT2 and have two more. They're all in my gallery.

Suze
11-25-2011, 11:27 AM
:jiggy:Wanted to do a little show and tell......this is my Chunky book, its a one ring (upper L.) book, and I love danglies, so theres lots of them....think I'm gonna break it down in to two. (Its too chunkified )
and I wanted to show the front and back cover made by one of our amazing traders.

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Good morning, all!
Terrific chunkies, sandy! Wonderful house page, Carol!
And Ibus, that caterpillar is adorable!

I need a strong cup of tea and some inspiration...be back later...hopefully with some creations.

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Your book looks great, Suze!
I love danglies, too!

sandyuintah
11-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks so much!
Love all the chunkys!
Everyone is so talented!
This is my first chunky thon

sandyuintah
11-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Paint
Your books are awesome!

sniisk
11-25-2011, 12:02 PM
My two first pages.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C6.jpg CPAT #1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C7.jpg CPAT #2 TRADED

sharlene54
11-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi Sanna. Beautiful chunkies.

My first: CPAT#1-I will add more to chunk it up before mailing (traded)

HHC
11-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Good morning! Fun chunkies, everyone!

I have a little stack of backgrounds, and am trying to get my creative energies awake. I'll be back! :)

Theresagram
11-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Woohoo! I'm working this weekend and watching the grandkids, but I'm going to try to get something done. :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

lilbad
11-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Just put 9 into my gallery. There are a few others available. Not sure how to remove the ones that arent....duh!

sharlene54
11-25-2011, 12:49 PM
These chunkies take me longer to make. Slow going. I should be cleaning my house, but I will do it another time. No fun in cleaning.

#2 Chunky-in gallery

lilbad
11-25-2011, 12:56 PM
87222 traded

87223 traded

87225 Traded

87226 Traded

lilbad
11-25-2011, 12:58 PM
87227 traded

87228traded

87229 traded

87230 traded

Misfitintoyland
11-25-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/small/1_photo-5__6_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/small/1_photo-4__8_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/small/1_photo-3__9_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/small/1_photo-1__10_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/small/1_photo__11_.JPG

Nude Chunky, Christmas Bird Chunky, Eiffel tower Chunky and Vintage woman in red dress chunky all taken!!

Danglies and ribbons will be added to the ones that don't have them, and envelopes will be added to the back of all of them with info and a treat!! I was up Really late last night making these, or should I say this morning? Let mek now if you like any of them

lilbad
11-25-2011, 01:00 PM
87231 Traded

Most of mine don't have danglies on yet, but will for sure later!

Ignore the purple postage stamp one as can't manage to get it deleted!
This is going to be so much fun!

KittyNL
11-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Here are my first two chunkies, both without dingely dangelies, please let me know if you want some if you pm me for a trade :D

1. Butterfly
2. Dream (is that OK with the tail outside the chunky??)

Nancy
11-25-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Song_Bird_Ch.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=267870) This is my first for the day! 'Song Bird'
TRADED

sniisk
11-25-2011, 01:30 PM
2. Dream (is that OK with the tail outside the chunky??)

It sure is :). We are not putting them into plastic sleeves.

Nancy
11-25-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/large/1_Fabric_Giraffe.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/1_Fabric_Giraffe.jpg)Giraffe fabric made in Africa!

sniisk
11-25-2011, 01:31 PM
More and more beautiful pages! I love them all!

CynthiaSillitoe
11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I have chunky envy! I've got to get a couple of things done and then I'm off to the studio. Last night I could hardly sleep because I had so many ideas....

lilbad
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Page two of my gallery has three more chunkies....Washed out, Son Flower, and Powerless. Please check these out.

sniisk
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
And now I have to say that chunkies are not my favourites to make. I don't know why I don't like any of my creations today. They are too simple, too plain or something. I'll publish rest of them but then I'll do something else.

sniisk
11-25-2011, 02:12 PM
And here they are.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C5.jpg CPAT #3 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C19.jpg CPAT #4 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/medium/1_C14.jpg CPAT #5 TRADED

AnnaAardvark
11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
WOW!!! GORGEOUS work! Very inspiring! I put a chunky in my gallery but there is much more to come. :)

KESagers
11-25-2011, 02:48 PM
How nice to enjoy all of the art that's been posted! Early morning so the Geek Squad could come repair the TV - again. Got 2 trees up and decorated while I waited. :) Not sure if I'll get any chunkies made today but I'm inspired by what I've seen already. Wonderful!

Cat's Cradle
11-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Will try to make some pages tomorrow and Sunday; today is busy, busy, busy!!

Favorite themes: Zetti, Zentangle, cats, dogs, flowers

okwiccan
11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
hey sanna, i love #4 & #5. i have pneaumonia, diagonosted at 11:30 last night in the er.
hope to get in on this a bit later. great work everyone.

Evalila
11-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Here are my first - and last - chunkies for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Winterbird001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Winterbird001.jpg) Winterbird TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Frosty001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Frosty001.jpg) Frosty TRADED

I used glimmer mist and glitter on both of them, which is hard to see on the scans:skeptical:

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
OKwiccan... ya got pneaumonia ???? well dang gal... you better put yourself to bed and take care of yourself... don't go playing around with it... do what the doctor said.. keep drinking lots of fluids... REST... ya don't need to be doing art stuff... just cause you might be feeling some better right now....

lilbad
11-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey Duck...where are your chunkies????

sniisk
11-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Sue, hope you feel better soon. That's a problematic desease. You can feel OK a while and after few minutes you have some fever. Better to stay in a bed.

sniisk
11-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Ducky! My husband asked few minutes ago how are you :).

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 03:20 PM
so OK, the duck is slow coming to the party... yikes, it not easy to fill up a chunky.. these things seem HUGE... guess i am going with the ... less is best... got 4 done, and now I really digging around for larger imagaes and stuff.... everyone is doing sooooooooooo great...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_1.jpg ...# 1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_2.jpg ...# 2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_3.jpg ...# 3 ............TRADED, thank you
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_4.jpg ...# 4

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 03:25 PM
HI gals... Lilbad... dang gal, you going chunk nuts... you sure putting up some beauties.. see how neat drawing/paiting works for chunky size ???

Sanna.... I am like you, these larger formats are not easy to work with... really a challange... say HI... to your husband..oh and give your puppy a hug for me.. or maybe the other way around... hug to husband and HI to puppy...

lilbad
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Duck, I pm'd you. Also, what is your fav. color?

sniisk
11-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Sanna.... I am like you, these larger formats are not easy to work with... really a challange... say HI... to your husband..oh and give your puppy a hug for me.. or maybe the other way around... hug to husband and HI to puppy...

Husband sends a hug to you too :laugh:. Puppy is not here because my father is camping all the week and took the dog with him (AGAIN!). But I know they are having fun when they can stay out all the week.

sniisk
11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I think I have to say good night. After working 55 hours during the last five days, I'm a bit too tired.

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Good night Sanna!
I think your chunkies are lovely...and hope you like them better tomorrow!

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Here are my first chunkies ~

Autumn Leaves (a little blurry because of the corner chunkiness - sorry)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky1.jpg Traded

Garden Window
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky2.jpg Traded

Dancing Rooties
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky3.jpg Traded
I'm guessing no one is collecting dancing root vegetables, but I couldn't resist these images from an old postcard!

Elephant King
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky4.jpg Traded

lilbad
11-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Martha...the rooties are a hoot. Love your elephant!

monarch
11-25-2011, 03:53 PM
2 that I have available.........................I changed my second card alittle............

Both are traded................

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 04:18 PM
well, I sure not getting anything done sitting here at computer ... so I gonna have to just turn off my distractions and chunk a bunch... but dang, hate to leave here... you all just so much fun... Martha, now them are some weird veggies...
oh, and love your houses, Monarch

tha'ts it.. I out-a here... gotta get some trading stuff made so I can knock on some doors..

lilbad
11-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Don't stay away long, Duck! Some lovely eye-candy here!

AnnaAardvark
11-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Here is one that I have been working on and I am finishing up a couple more...

Ibus
11-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I just uploaded some more to my gallery

87242 CPAT 5. Vintage Christmas 3D Decoupage TRADED

jensaz
11-25-2011, 05:12 PM
It would help me a lot if you folks would let me know what you are collecting so I can make some and trade with you all! Just sayin'

I'm collecting - dog, cat, rat themes; vintage ladies; any of the seasons; teapot/teacup; asian; dragon and black and white.

lilbad
11-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, I love sheep, cottages, lavender, trees....so there!! LOL>

sharlene54
11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm posting my next two
In gallery

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
this is gonna be a Longggggggggg weekend.. only took a few hours to finish one more..
think I go do the left-over turkeyday dinner thing... I'll be back... oops.. fergot to upload it...

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 05:44 PM
see ??? I back.. and did the gallery thingy...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_5.jpg ...# 5 ...... TRADED. Thank You

this is it fer now... Need food...

CynthiaSillitoe
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Ok, I've definitely caught the chunky bug. My desk is covered in all the heavy embellishments I don't usually let myself use. I've made two. The first one I just have to keep since it's the first, and then the second is available. I'm looking forward to doing more although I'm still figuring this all out.

As far as collecting, I'm so new that it's going to be just seeing something I love.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_earthmother.jpg

(Keeping for myself)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_ghost.jpg

traded

craftyvox
11-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Great stuff posted already y'all!!!

Since I've been ill all of this past week and am way behind on coursework, I figured I'd have to skip this a-thon :( BUT it seems I might have some free time this weekend after all. Looking forward getting at least a handful made!

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 06:36 PM
It would help me a lot if you folks would let me know what you are collecting so I can make some and trade with you all! Just sayin'

I'm keeping track at the end of the first post of any chunky themes individuals are collecting. I am watching the thread for when folks mention their favorite themes...so check the first post under "Favorite Themes" if you are looking for theme suggestions!

KESagers
11-25-2011, 06:59 PM
The other night I created some new kaliedoscopes. Just printed them off - I'm going to try to get them mounted and cut tomorrow so I can maybe play a little. I should check my stash of backgrounds also - might be something waiting to be made. The great art just keeps coming during this marathon!

KittyNL
11-25-2011, 07:00 PM
I am not collecting (yet..) but I love butterflies, birds, dragonflies, coffee themed, oriental/asian, Paris...

I am going to sleep now, it is midnight. I will be back tomorrow!!

Ibus
11-25-2011, 07:07 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_earthmother.jpg

This makes me think of where my mother lives in South Africa. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
11-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Does it? She's an Apache Indian, but reminds me of a Buddha. :)

Ibus
11-25-2011, 07:34 PM
She reminds me of the flowersellers. No idea if they still sell flowers in the same place or if that's died out. Don't know what the PC term is now, but I knew them as Cape Coloureds. (Mixed race.)

sandyuintah
11-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I love the variety of chunky's!
I collect just about anything-trying to branch out from my norm!
I love anything purple, tigers, elephants, orange, and silver.
Not sure if I am making ones that people want!
I can do special requests!

Suze
11-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Sue! take care of yourself, that p-monia is nasty stuff.....sending warm wishes your way , with a hot toddy....(boiling water, jigger of bourbon, squeeze fresh lemon, and heaping T. of honey....)
Ducks, youse right again, these here Chunky's take some doing, I forgot.
Heres my only one for today, gonna bust out the watercolors tomorrow and see if I can move a little faster.
Wonderful work ya'll......some I got my eye on, but will be gone before I have nuff' to trade, sigh.

"Holly" (collaged background with stamping, girl and holly drawn and colored with copic markers and micron markers
traded

Ibus
11-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Can I please ask a favour of everybody? When your page is traded, please go and remove it from the A-thon gallery to the Mail Art Traded and for Swops section. It's easy enough to do. Go to the relevant Chunky, up on the right hand side is a Edit button, click on this and you get to choose the category, (Mail art is Up from the Athon one) then continue. All you then need to do is right at the bottom change Available to Traded and you won't get bothered with requests for pages that are already traded! ;)

monarch
11-25-2011, 09:00 PM
one more for trade................Skellie Flower Art Doll

Rogue Gal
11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Was at work today but off tomorrow - woot!

First chunky for this a-thon:

87254 #1

The scan doesn't really show it, but there is very sparkly purple ribbon at the top and bottom, and irridescent flower sequins on the sides (I'll add a small dot of glitter glue in the center of each flower). Fibers can be added on request.

lilbad
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Loverly!!!

KESagers
11-25-2011, 10:12 PM
First 3 from me: Scans are blurry from the "chunky" dimensional embellishments. I'm not great at danglies but if you want them I can try. Will trade chunky for chunky

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Country-Kitty-chunky.jpg
Country Kitty- traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Fun-in-the-Sun-and-Snow-chunky.jpg
Fun in the Sun and Snow

This is an old favorite kaliedoscope of my littlest kitty Kona in the tree. (Yes - she is really IN the tree!)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Kona-Kaleidoscope-chunky.jpg
Kona Kaleidoscope - traded

lilbad
11-25-2011, 10:32 PM
OK, my athon gallery is up to date. Trades anyone?

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 10:54 PM
great suggestion Ibus... it helps bunches to look at the A-Thon gallery to see just the available chunkys...

oh and Lilbad, we made our trade, but I sure will take any leftovers off your hands :yes:
but fat chance of you having anything left ...
everyone doing so great... and in answer to what I collect... I collect it all... I like what I see and I see what I like... at any one moment... I never have had a theme, other then ducky cards of coarse...

lilbad
11-25-2011, 11:03 PM
87265 Teddy Bear...the dangly is upper right on this one.

Just Ducky
11-25-2011, 11:04 PM
see what happens when I just come on and start reading all the posts and drool over all the art...
I got 3 more chunks... and thinking this is it for me tonight... and I can't find anymore chunky size images... think I might try for some Christmas tomorrow..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_6.jpg ... # 6 TRADED... thank you
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_7.jpg ... # 7
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_8.jpg ... # 8 TRADED... thank you

my chunky's are kinda plain.. and I can send naked or with dangles.. trader choice..

mrubyjean
11-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Wow...more great chunkies!

Had to take a dinner break and promised some time this evening to the family but will try to finish a couple that are in process...

AnnaAardvark
11-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Here are a couple more. I made another dragon. The last one seemed like a hit and I have fun playing with them. :)

lilbad
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Martha get to gettin!!

Anna, those are wonderful and I agree about the dragon.

Duck, by gosh, you've got it!!

HHC
11-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Okay... here are what I have so far.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/2_Chunky-Mushrooms_in_ferns.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=267979) Mushrooms in ferns
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/2_Chunky-Rooster.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=267980)TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky-Collared_Lizard.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=267981) Collared Lizard

And lest you think I've been lazy... I've been finishing putting the final touches on these for a local trade tomorrow. :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hhc22/6403181871/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hhc22/6403181981/in/photostream/

HHC
11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
And now to go back a few pages to see what you've all been doing. :D

HHC
11-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm keeping track at the end of the first post of any chunky themes individuals are collecting. I am watching the thread for when folks mention their favorite themes...so check the first post under "Favorite Themes" if you are looking for theme suggestions!

Martha, you are amazing!

Fer the record, I'm collecting birds (especially blackbirds and owls), anything garden or nature themed, and whatever else strikes my fancy. :D

HHC
11-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Did I scare everyone away? Off to create some more chunkies. :D

Cathy1
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
I have made one Chunky which is a start. I even made the dress

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/large/1_chunky_1_for_Chunky_athon.jpg

Nancy
11-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Wow! Martha, that is a great idea..My themes are
Black and white
Turquoise
Orange
Zetti

AnnaAardvark
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
How cute, Cathy! What a clever page. :)

I was feeling silly and decided to do a series I have been thinking about for awhile. This is my "Stella" series...

monarch
11-26-2011, 02:59 AM
two I have avaiable.......................

Skellie Flower Art Doll
Please Sing Me A Song....traded to HHC
Tall skinny House

mrubyjean
11-26-2011, 03:34 AM
Fun Stella series, Anna!
Really cool chunkies, monarch...especially love the skellie!

Got two more finished...will try to scan them tonight.

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 03:43 AM
I love them all

sniisk
11-26-2011, 04:04 AM
So many lovely pages coming all the time. I made one more this morning. Will uoload it after breakfast.

Cathy1
11-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Here is my second chunky. Not a good picture as it is out of focus but I have tried to sharpen it up with no success.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_chunky_2_for_Chunky_athon.jpg

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 04:50 AM
Love the kitty

sniisk
11-26-2011, 04:52 AM
One more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C12.jpg CPAT #6 TRADED

sniisk
11-26-2011, 05:27 AM
I collect at least these themes: coffee (or tea), men (or boys), monochromatic (all colours), flowers.

I also have a mixed-theme book for all other beautiful pages :).

sniisk
11-26-2011, 05:29 AM
My official chunky page add is here (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=793919&postcount=70).

Cathy1
11-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Here are my last chunkys. Unfortunately I will not get a chance to play tomorrow but if anyone would like to trade, please let me know

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_chunky_3_for_Chunky_athon.jpg # 3 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_chunky_4_for_Chunky_athon_001.jpg #4 TRADED

Evalila
11-26-2011, 06:35 AM
So many beautiful pages!!!

Think IŽd better start creating to have some more to trade;)

Themes I collect are:
dragons, Black and White, anything nature (birds, bees, trees, flowers - LOVE to have more than one on a page;)), monochromatic, vintage style pages...

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Love these cathy

sniisk
11-26-2011, 06:46 AM
I started these pages when I visited Kristin and finished them now.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C3.jpg PSAT #7 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C1.jpg PSAT #8 TRADED

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Sniisk those are awesome

sharlene54
11-26-2011, 08:52 AM
I won't be able to play today-off to see my brother and his family. If anyone wants to trade, let me know. I do have some chunkies in my gallery.

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Here are a few more of mine:

KittyNL
11-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Two more from me:

3. Blue butterflies
4. Dragonflies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon-3_-_Blue_Butterflies.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon-4_Dragonflies.jpg

HHC
11-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Lovely chunkies posted while I was sleeping. I finished these two last night. I am not totally thrilled with them this morning... but here they are:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky_Blue_Owl.jpg Blue Owl http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky_Gold_butterfly.jpg TRADED

Evalila
11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Here are two more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_WhatAMan_001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_WhatAMan_001.jpg) What a Man! TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Flowergirl001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Flowergirl001.jpg) Flowergirl

Ibus
11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
I've uploaded more to my gallery.

Not sure what to do with this, other than add dangly bits. Any suggestions?

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
HHC
I love those - especially the owl

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Kitty & Evalila those are beautiful

craftyvox
11-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Great stuff!
Our internet and phone connection has been down since this early morning, buh. I can read and respond on the thread using my cellphone, but can't upload any of my chunkies or trade, which sicks! The ISP is working onit or so they say but it could be till after the weekend (=after the PCAT :() before it is working again. No fun!! We adding monday?? /winkwink

sniisk
11-26-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C22.jpg CPAT #10 TRADED

Suze
11-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow! wonderful work, some natural born chunky makers here :yes
Hoping I'll get some done and be able to trade!
there is a little known addiction called Chunkadiction :jiggy::yes::shocked:

AnnaAardvark
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Who knew these could be so much fun?!
I love seeing everyone's beatiful artwork.

Here are a couple more from me...

mrubyjean
11-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Good morning everyone!

WOW...wonderful chunky artwork!!!
My brain is not quite functioning yet, but here are the ones I was too sleepy to scan last night...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky5.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky6.jpg Traded

mrubyjean
11-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Anna ~ Your dragons are just amazing!

lilbad
11-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Nice work, Martha!

KESagers
11-26-2011, 01:16 PM
So much more great art! Today is hubby's birthday - maybe I can work on some chunkies while he reads his new books. ;)

KittyNL
11-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Happy hubby's birthday Kristin!

One more from me.

5. When you travel...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon_5_When_you_travel.jpg

HHC
11-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Here's one I just finished. I think it needs some danglies... I just can't decide what.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky_-_Full_moon.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=268069) TRADED

KESagers
11-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the greetings - I've passed them on. :)

Just mounted and cut a stack of backgrounds.

Kitty that butterfly chunky is so pretty. HHC I love the striking beauty of your card - not sure about danglies - I think you could go either way.

Evalila
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Here are my last two for today - sorry, but the scans are a little blurry:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/2_Steampunk001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/2_Steampunk001.jpg) Steampunk

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_BirdsAndButterflies001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_BirdsAndButterflies001.jpg) Birds and Butterflies

craftyvox
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM
HCC, personally I love it the way it is, its perfect! Love it!

Wish I could upload some of my chunkies up for trade!

lilbad
11-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I have seven chunckies in my athon gallery, if anyone is interested.

Ibus
11-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Here's one I just finished. I think it needs some danglies... I just can't decide what.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky_-_Full_moon.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=268069)

Feathery yarn and yellow beads? Echo the design.

lilbad
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
87293 No dangles yet!

sniisk
11-26-2011, 04:09 PM
My last two today.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C27.jpg CPAT #11 TRADED

Rogue Gal
11-26-2011, 04:28 PM
In the purple mood:

87294 - Chunky #1

87295- Chunky #2

87296 - Chunky #3

I will be adding some purple glitter glue to the center of each sequin flower.

Off to work on some Winter chunkies!

mrubyjean
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Three from my morning's work ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky7.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky8.jpg Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_chunky9.jpg Traded

Suze
11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
lovin' all the work here. and the FUN too!
I went back to watercolor and did a couple wet in wet watercolor technique (hard to do on atc's cause their too small)

Winters Here

First Snow in Birchwood Land
both traded

will add danglies if ya want them ; )

Ibus
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
They're gorgeous!

Blanche
11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
My goodness, I've been missing out on so much fun! What lovely cards by everyone!

I am still adjusting to the larger canvas and that left side scares me! I haven't added dangles yet either -

Dream -traded
The Journey
By The Numbers

CynthiaSillitoe
11-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Gosh, you people are good at these! I spent two hours in the studio and have nothing to show for it....yet. I have lots of good chunky beginnings. I'm hoping tomorrow I can figure out how to turn them into art. One thing I've definitely got to do before next cpat (aside from stock up on fibers, danglies, and get a crop-a-dile) is do some backgrounds. I've gotten spoiled at having a ton of ATC backgrounds on hand. I'm not used to beginning from scratch.

Just Ducky
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
man I sure have missed out on some great chunks today... bummer..
right now I only have one to post that's available ... these other 2 ?? I am holding for........ and ....... if they like... I do have others in my gallery tho..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_11.jpg ...# 11 TRADED, thank you... just froggin' around...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_10.jpg ... # 10 (Holding for Lil') .. are ewe's sleeping ?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_9.jpg ...# 9 ( Holding for HHC) .... Yep, it's me....

AnnaAardvark
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Such wonderful eye candy!! There is a little of everything!

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Love the purple ones
The kitty ones
Just about everyones!

sandyuintah
11-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I have some chunks left if anyone wants to trade!

jensaz
11-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Here are a couple I just did today for personal trades. Now on to make some for y'all!

87312 - "Marie" - TRADED

87313 - "Jeannie" in a bottle - for mrubyjean - TRADED

Blanche
11-26-2011, 08:30 PM
:arghh: Well, it's dark out and I have to photograpgh my cards, so no more posting chunkies for me tonight. 3 really good things though-

I get to look at all of ya'lls art!
Making more cards - even though trading is harder
I ordered a hand-held scanner from one of the TV shopping shows!! Wooo whooo! Next A-Thon I will be ready to post through the night :yes:

mrubyjean
11-26-2011, 08:40 PM
87313 - "Jeannie" in a bottle - for mrubyjean - if she wants it

Oh, yes...she wants it, please!! :yes: Thank you!

sharlene54
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey, hey, hey, all of you in chunky land. I guess some trading is going on, or not? No takers on my PMs. Is there something I'm not following? I'd like to do some trading, if not I'll just save them for next time.

okwiccan
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
hey guys, such beautiful work. i am feeling worse, not better. anyway since my hands are so shaky i won't get to join in this fun. i have, however, listed some of my 4x4's that i have already made. they are in the mail art for trade gallery. would love for all of you to run over & take a look. ducky you are doing lovely work. sanna, your work, as always, is great. thanks for all the good wishes, i appreciate it. hugs to all of you. sue

Donnacr
11-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I feel so behind everybody. These take so long to completely finish!?! Here are what I have made so far (2 have traded before I even offer them - I LOVE athons!:jiggy::jiggy:)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0046.jpgCBAT II #1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0047.jpg#2 TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0048.jpg#3TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0049.jpg#4 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0050.jpg#5 (this has 6 layers to it, even though the scan doesn't show it :()

More are in the process of being finished - I shall return after my husband takes me out to Sunday brunch

KESagers
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Digital chunkies. The scans blurred so terribly once I added the central embellishment that I have included an image of the original kaleidoscope so that you can see it is not blurry in real life. These look simple but the art and work is in the digital process. LE of 2. Will trade chunky for chunky.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Winter-Tree-Star.jpg
Winter Tree Star

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Snowy-Tree.jpg
Snowy Tree

Misfitintoyland
11-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Picture heavy!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo__12_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-12__2_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-10__2_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-9__3_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-8__4_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-5__7_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-6__6_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-4__9_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-1__11_.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/1_photo-3__10_.JPG

Sorry they are dark but I won't have time to post them tomorrow!! Let me know if you wanna trade

Misfitintoyland
11-26-2011, 11:20 PM
and this one too:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16636/large/2_photo__11_.JPG

Rogue Gal
11-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Switched colors today :)

87321 - Chunky #4

87322 - Chunky #5

87323 - Chunky #6

The first one has super sparkly silver ribbon bordering the image, plus sparkly silver snowflakes which the scan didn't pick up very well.

The last two have metallic turquoise trim and diamond sequins on the last page.

Fibers can be added on request.

KESagers
11-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Another great day filled with amazing art! Night everyone - I'll be back in the game tomorrow afternoon. :)

Suze
11-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Take care of yourself, Sue! Missing you on this a thon, but we'll have another Chunky a thon in January....
Wow, Mis, your a Chunky Queen....so many cute ones.
wish I could put all the names to all the fantastic chunkys....foggy brain :wideeyed:
didn't get back to art table , but looking forward to tomorrow...sleepy head now..:yes:

Just Ducky
11-27-2011, 01:52 AM
OKwiccan, you better keep yourself layed down and quiet... and like Suze said we have another chunky one coming .. so right now be good and don't do nuttin'

hi ya Blanche and let us know how you do with your handheld scanner... when ya get it..

Hello Donna, I typing kinda loud hoping you can hear me... and loving all you showing gal, but then I am a big fan of Popcorn and all his buddies...
Rogue Gal... dang I sure hope we can get a trade going this time.. I keep missing you.
and you too PaintColors... I am trying hard to get some more chunks posted tomorrow so I can knock on some trading doors...

ran out of preparded backgrounds and so I got 6 or 7 glued up and being flatten out under my old and very heavy books... guess I better get my whipped butt moving on out of here and get me and this yeller duck to bed... nite ya all...

sniisk
11-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Donna, you really have to make more pages! You make so lovely chunkies!

sniisk
11-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Misfitintoyland, thank you for posting larger images. It helps to choose one :).

sandyuintah
11-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Love everyones chunks

sandyuintah
11-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey, hey, hey, all of you in chunky land. I guess some trading is going on, or not? No takers on my PMs. Is there something I'm not following? I'd like to do some trading, if not I'll just save them for next time.

I LOVE to trade

sniisk
11-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Two new pages.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C24.jpg CPAT #13 TRADED

KittyNL
11-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Goodmorning all, I have finished one chunky I made last night. I glued a napkin image on there, but it was a bit sticky. Put some gel medium over it and it was ready to scan :D

6. Coffee

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon_6_Coffee.jpg

sniisk
11-27-2011, 06:38 AM
And two more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C37.jpg CPAT #15 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C35.jpg CPAT #16 TRADED

sniisk
11-27-2011, 06:43 AM
I have quite many available pages in my gallery at the moment. The new pages are in the a-thon gallery but I also have pages in the mail art gallery.

Someone asked, if I trade also for other art. I accept for example supplies in a trade. Not a problem at all.

KittyNL
11-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Lovely butterfly Sanna!

Here is a new butterflies chunky from me:

7. Butterflies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon_7_Butterlfies.jpg

sniisk
11-27-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll be offline most of the day today. I'm still making some pages and will upload them in the evening.

Donnacr
11-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks to all those people who made lovely comments about my Chunkies - my confidence is growing (still not keen on dangles though:):skeptical:)
These will be the last Chunkies for me as it is now 10 minutes to midnight on the 27th.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0051.jpg#6 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0052.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0053.jpg#8 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0054.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/4_scan0055.jpg#10

I will keep dropping in tomorrow as I am sure that I will find some more that I want to trade for - goodnight all.

craftyvox
11-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks to all those people who made lovely comments about my Chunkies - my confidence is growing (still not keen on dangles though:):skeptical:)

Hey Donna, you could always leave out the danglies if you're not too keen on them and all? My chunkies hardly ever have danglies.. partly because I don't have a whole lot of fibers'n'stuff in my stash, though mainly cause I prefer my chunkies without - they just don't seem to fit my style. Love them on others chunkies though. It all depends on the style and theme of the chunky I guess. I've traded several dangly-free chunkies and recieved both with and without danglies in return. :)

sharlene54
11-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Good Morning to everyone. Great art-I just love the chunkies. I'll be getting to all the PM many of you sent me as soon as I finish uploading 3 more chunkies-
In gallery

craftyvox
11-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Great chunkies Sharlene54!!

Suze
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Mornin' all ,,,,Donna, I left danglies off my cards (even tho I LOVE danglies) cause some traders like them without....(but I love your danglies, melts my butter :yes: )and your cards are wonderful.
Sharlene, nice cards gal!
Soon as I get moving around a bit, I hope to make more watercolor chunky's. (takes me awhile to get going ; )
I feel that one of the really fun things about Chunky's is that when you get them , you make a BOOK! and I Love that.

craftyvox
11-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Yay the problems with our internet connection have been fixed so I'm back online for real. I'm grateful to be able to read my email and check some webpages through my cellphone, but it's not ideal so I'm very happy to be able to get online from behind my desktop pc again! :) I've just uploaded a few chunkies to the gallery:

The first chunky I worked on yesterday is this one.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/390/small/1_11-179PCAT_1.jpg CPAT#1

I was inspired by Christi Tomlinson's tutorials on her website/youtube, and while I'm okay-ish with the results, there's definitely room for LOADS of improvement!!! Still, I kinda like how it turned out heh. Took me HOURS to create this chunky lol.

And then I made some Christmas/Winter holiday season themed chunkies.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/390/small/1_11-182CPAT_4.jpg PSAT#3 (similar to #2 which I did upload to the gallery but am keeping myself :))

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/390/small/1_11-181PCAT_3.jpg PSAT#4

craftyvox
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Mornin' all ,,,,Donna, I left danglies off my cards (even tho I LOVE danglies) cause some traders like them without....(but I love your danglies, melts my butter :yes: )and your cards are wonderful.
Sharlene, nice cards gal!
Soon as I get moving around a bit, I hope to make more watercolor chunky's. (takes me awhile to get going ; )
I feel that one of the really fun things about Chunky's is that when you get them , you make a BOOK! and I Love that.

You know, I've never made a book out of my chunkies yet.. But I definitely should! I'm in process of framing some of the chunkies I recieved in trades and hang them in in our staircase (which has bare and boring walls that need some cheering up), which is also lotsa fun.

monarch
11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
the 2 that I have available........................... I will be making a few more.....................

HHC
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Good morning/afternoon/evening all you chunky making folks!

I am working on the stack of backgrounds I have piled here... should have some to share as soon as I can get awake. Two cups of tea later and I'm still stumbling around in a daze. LOL!

Ibus
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I've just uploaded four more to my gallery.

Nancy I've made these two for you to choose from. The turquoise is Available

87360 87363 TRADED

Blanche
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Good morning! fabulous work everyone!

monarch, those are so lovely!

Craftyvox, that first one you made yesterday ROCKS!

Donna, you are on a roll!

Sharlene54, I so love the stitvching in your cards!

sniisk, so pretty!

PMC & Miss Ducky, hope to see more cards from both of you today!

KittyNL, I love the coffee one - which reminds me, I need another cup this morning!

I made these last night - still working on planning out the dangles.

Fall
Beach Girls - traded
Christmas Angel - traded
Christmas #1

sniisk
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
You all are making so many wonderful pages!

mrubyjean
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Good morning!
What beautiful art everyone has created while I've been asleep!

I need to get some breakfast...then I will be back...I posted some pages in my gallery that I finished last night. Will post them to the thread a bit later.

sniisk
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C21.jpg CPAT #18 TRADED

sandyuintah
11-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Here are probably my last ones - not sure if I have time today

lilbad
11-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Nice chunkies ladies! I have a question....has anyone an idea for the best way to mail these little beauties???

sniisk
11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I usually wrap each page inside one normal printing paper, tape and seal in well and then put it in an envelope. Then it can't move inside the envelope and should travel safetier.

lilbad
11-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Do u put bubble wrap around the danglies?

sniisk
11-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Do u put bubble wrap around the danglies?

Usually not but I don't use much that kind danglies that would require bubble wrapping.

mrubyjean
11-27-2011, 02:14 PM
I usually package mine in plastic baggies, then mail the thin ones with fiber danglies in small manila (or greeting card) envelopes and thicker ones (with more fragile danglies) in small bubble wrap envelopes.

lilbad
11-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok, thanks for the hints. I still have a few more chunkies in my athon gallery if anyone wants to take a look!

sniisk
11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
I think I'm finishing my last page now and then this a-thon is over in Finland. If someone still wants to trade something, just send a PM. I have asked some trades but I think there will be some available. And I still have some older available pages.

sniisk
11-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Here are my available pages, made during this weekend.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C23.jpg CPAT #9

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C31.jpg CPAT #12

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C32.jpg CPAT #14

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C36.jpg CPAT #17 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_C29.jpg CPAT #19 TRADED

KittyNL
11-27-2011, 03:38 PM
This is my last chunky for this a-thon. I had a great time.... and I am an addiction 'richer' :laugh:

I have still two chunkies for trade, the number 7 butterflies and this one. Please pm me if you want to trade.

8. Dream

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Chunky-a-thon_8_Dream.jpg

HHC
11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Bringing forward my available chunkies:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/2_Chunky-Mushrooms_in_ferns.jpg Mushrooms http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Chunky-Collared_Lizard.jpg Collared Lizard

HHC
11-27-2011, 03:45 PM
And these I finished this morning:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/medium/1_Chunky_Chicken.jpg Chicken/Rooster - PENDING
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/medium/1_Chunky_Yellow_Bird.jpg Yellow Bird
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/medium/1_Chunky_garden_statue.jpg Garden Statue
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/medium/1_Chunky_Butterflies.jpg Butterflies

KESagers
11-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Been busy this morning. Here are mine:

Digital chunkies for the marathon. The kaleidoscopes are original ink backgrounds converted into a digital file and then turned into a kaleidoscope. These look simple but the art and the work is in the digital process. Will trade chunky for chunky.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_blue-green.jpg
Left: BluGreen Green Butterfly - traded
Right: BluGreen Blue Butterfly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_purple-pink.jpg
left: Purpink Pink Butterfly right: Purpink Yellow Butterfly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_shaving-cream.jpg
left: Shaving Cream Blue Butterfly right: Shaving Cream Yellow Butterfly

sniisk
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Digital chunkies for the marathon. The kaleidoscopes are original ink backgrounds converted into a digital file and then turned into a kaleidoscope. These look simple but the art and the work is in the digital process. Will trade chunky for chunky.

They really don't look simple! I couldn't make them. Those are your special type of art and specially that's why I love them.

KESagers
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Thank you Sniisk!

The backgrounds are my original photo with a transparency overlay.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Winter-Snow.jpg
Left: Joy to the World Right: Merry Xmas!

My original photo. I know I just used this photo on some cards in the PSAT but I'm so addicted to these butterflies that come to visit us I couldn't resist making some chunkies. LE of 4 Will trade chunky for chunky.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Monarch-chunky.jpg
Monarch chunky

sniisk
11-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I will pack the envelopes tomorrow evening when I know there is nothing more coming in any of them.

sandyuintah
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Love the kitty Sniisk
Beautiful Butterfly kesegars
Kitty love yours
Rooster is adorable
Hope I didnt forget anyone!

KESagers
11-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Thank you Sandyuintah!

sniisk
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
I have to say good night because I have to be working 7.30 in the morning. Keep creating and have fun :).

KESagers
11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Night Sniisk! Sleep well!

Just Ducky
11-27-2011, 04:40 PM
you all are driving me nuts here... dang super chunks gals...
Sanna, I will be trying for another one of your pretties for my pile...
KES... dannnng good stuff you showing

and already I forgot what and who else I drooled over... so gotta read back a few pages and get caught up... again....

today I am thinking Kitties... a parade of cute kitties... these are my first 3 and hope for a few more yet today.... (and I thought I was a slow ATC maker, man these are taking me forever to do)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_12.jpg ..... Chunk # 12 TRADED... Thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_13.jpg .... Chunk # 13

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_chunky_14.jpg ....Chunk # 14 TRADED.. thank you

my chunky's are shown naked, but will do the dangles for anyone wanting dangles, just ask...

Nancy
11-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Geeze! I have been trying at least ann hour to post this skellie..Do not know what I am doing wrong, but maybe you can get an idea what he looks like even with the dangles covering half his face! He is made of fabric!!http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/large/1_Skellie.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/1_Skellie.jpg)

CynthiaSillitoe
11-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Luckily, things went better today in the studio. :) Just so you know, I've posted the backs of these in my gallery, but I'm not putting them in the thread because it's too confusing (and I'm running out of time.)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_timechunkyfront.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_birdchunkyfront.jpg

sandyuintah
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Love kittys
The skull is fabulous

CynthiaSillitoe
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
And these:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_yellowfairychunkyf.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_pinkchunkyfront.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_cassattchunkyf.jpg

I'll be back later to check messages. Just go to deal with real life stuff for a while.

MelanieS
11-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Just saw this today! Maybe I can come up with at least one before it's over! Love everyone's chunkies!

Rogue Gal
Fabulous chunkies, everyone! Two more from me:

87375 - Chunky #7 - has metallic turquoise German scrap. I plan to add turquoise glitter glue dots to the center of each of the round design elements at the bottom.

87376 - Chunky #8 - has super sparkly glittery silver ribbon bordering image.

Ibus

This one is still available

KESagers
11-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I think these are my last 2 for the marathon.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Christmas-Cats.jpg

Left: Pretty as a Package
Right: Make My Day! - traded

lilbad
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Make my day! Ha...are those your kitties?