debs913

Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds
Media
Yes, YOU can create the art of Monty Python! An ATC Swap, Due February 10, 2012

Swap Due Date - February 10th
Signup/withdraw date - None, just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Media- Hand drawn, Hand painted, or Mixed Media. Those using images, please do NOT use images of Terry Gilliam's art. All Mixed Media need to have hand drawn or painted elements. If you glue stuff--make sure it sticks or your card will be returned. NO raised embellishments or stickers, please.

Giant foot descends from cloud, crushes odd little man. Huge bouncing naked lady. Knights riding across the landscape on imaginary horses, clacking coconuts. The visual images of the Monty Python team are astounding, weird, and wonderful! Here's your chance to create a little bit of Monty Python of your very own. For those needing a refresher course in chartered accountancy, please go to:

http://pythonline.com/hq

Rules of the Road
- All cards should be the standard size: 2.5” x 3.5”.
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- All cards must be original, and each card must be different.
- Show off your talents. Send work that took time and care.
- Hand drawn or Hand Painted or Mixed Media w/HD/HP elements.

Mailing & Postage
- When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
- Make sure your name, user name, location, and the swap name
on the backs of all ATCs.

- US Participants, include self addressed business size, and $.64

postage LOOSE in the envelope.

I weigh each envelope and they almost always weigh more than an
ounce. While I'd love to subsidize you, I am on a fixed income and
can't, so please send $.64, thank you!

- Canadian players please send:
*$1.03 in CANADIAN postage LOOSE OR
*$1.08 in US postage OR
*$1 US AND
****a self addressed business size envelope.

-Other international players a US $1 would be appreciated OR postage
for your country sufficient to mail 2 ounces (which I can use in future
swaps). **** Be sure to provide a large "TO" label with your name
and address clearly printed.

- Please mail your cards early so they arrive on time. US players, it
can take 1 week, Canada usually 2 weeks, other countries usually a
week to 10 days. I don't want to wait on late mailed cards as it is not
fair to the other players, so plan ahead, please. I might nag if you are
the last one we are waiting on (but will do it with love .

Returns
- When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep
points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card
you received too. Thank yous to your fellow swappers are essential!

“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and
that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
G.K. Chesterton​

Host cards
Not required, but I really LOVE getting hostie cards. I am a happy,
happy girl when I do :_)

Players
Moi
PandaChanReCeiVEd
joes lines received!!!
theweavershand RECEIVED
DebbaPeot
Eponita rec'd 1/23
Mikesatc received

Last edited:
Me too! The German versus Greek philosophers football match is my favorite of all time, followed very closely by Dennis the Constitutional Peasant in Holy Grail.

I have the Penguin on the Telly sketch memorized. Also love the Dead Parrot, the Cheese Shop, anything with twits, and the argument sketch. Cleese and Palin tie for my favorite Pythons. I hope someday to perfect my Silly Walk. ;)

Nope, I stand by my status - for now. I have long loved MP, watching them when they first appeared in the States (on PBS!), and as a Nrrd Grrl with massive bonafides, having MP lore at the ready was required in HighTechLand. But then I fell off the planet for a decade. Until three years ago, when I began stepping quietly into the flow again. Two years ago, January 6th, I was in the post office queue, watching Python on my iPod. I felt the fellow behind me looming, and knew he was watching over my shoulder. I finally had to turn the video off, or, as I said to the gentleman behind me "I'll explode with laughter." "Was that Python?" he asked. When I averred, he began spouting Pythonisms, which I met with my own explosions of silliness. Hearing his accent, I asked "Is that Australia I hear." When HE averred, I explained that I'd lived there as a kid, and we were off, talking. We quickly established that he lived on the same street as me, across town, and then it was my turn at the counter. "Stop by for a cuppa sometime," I suggested, "and we can continue this conversation." "Do you know how to make a proper cup of tea?" he asked with a crooked grin. "Of course!" I replied, outlining the steps required. His eyebrows went up and he nodded, "You really DO know how to make proper tea." Time and many truly stunning details (his son was born on my 30th birthday, as just ONE example) later, we are together, now living right across the street from that post office, drinking tea and laughing together. We still watch Python regularly, over lunch today, in fact. When I told him of this swap, he started giving me TONS of suggestions, and not for the first time, I suggested he should make some cards! I don't think he will, but he's VERY involved in what I create, so I can't imagine I'll escape this swap. But I'm not ready to commit just YET. Now I must run...there's a penguin on the telly!

No, but we DID have a wee argument yesterday at lunch over the correct lyrics of The Lumberjack Song. He insisted the last line of the final verse was (is) "I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pa-pa," and I insisted it was "...dear ma-ma." So out came the 'puter for validation, one way or the other. And guess what? No surprise that he's exactly right, the lyrics DO read "...my dear pa-pa." BUT. When I brought up the video of Michael Palin and Co. singing the song, he sang "...just like my dear MA-MA!" So we were BOTH right! V was gobsmacked that he could POSSIBLY be wrong, though, so it was TOTALLY worth watching the video. HAR! Hint: never watch a MP movie with V, as he says ALL the words just before the characters do! *Els rolls her eyes*

What Is it You seek? In search for the holy grail as i Have my legs chopped off as it Is just a flesh wound! As i am still tapping me coconuts as my horse runs away. I'm In with this swap as i know how much the African swallow weighs and the knights that say neich whom are still searching for a shawberry!!!! So you can all give me a good spanking if you'll let me play!!!! Lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Els
Lurking,, I would have married a Knight from Nik, (before he lost his arms and legs of course!!) and sometimes wish I had a killer rabbit at work, to get rid of the crazies. :laugh:

DebbaPeot I've signed you up for an argument!:D

AtlantaShoegirl, I think you'd do fantastic Python cards...hope you decide to join all us twits soon ;)

I did a couple of cards this weekend. I keep getting distracted with youtube Monty Python skits - like I need another excuse to waste time!

Last edited:
Those are great Joe! And Python is NEVER a waste of time. It is educational. After all, you learn about nature (the Larch), human relations (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more), philosophy (game show style), and great art (anything from Terry Gilliam) ;)

Back
Top Bottom