PDA

View Full Version : Help me get rid of my fabric!

Merricat
03-21-2008, 10:48 PM
**On hold for new requests until all the old ones are completed - thanks!!! ****

Okay....we used to own a fabric store and somehow I managed to take home half the store!! I have fabric coming out of my ears and I HAVE to get rid of it. Some of this is my favorite stuff....but it's GOT TO GO!! We're moving and won't have room for it...and besides...I haven't done anything with it for a year or two so it's not doing me any good.

I plan on taking pics of it all to show you - but I wanted to go ahead and post to see if there was any interest. I have tons! This is a brief list of what I have:

Most of what I have is upholstery/drapery type fabrics (although I do have some cotton quilting fabrics)

Quilting Fabrics - most of this is gone - I may still have some left, will update later.
Ginghams - several different types, mostly greens, blues, and reds.
Designer - funky mod prints, artsy chenilles, blues, browns, embroidered polys
Thibaut samples - the good stuff - not the old stuff
Toiles

New:Marine (seashells, lighthouses, coral) - these are cotton sateens, fox hunt scenes, horses, English riding, animal print chenilles, black and white dots, stripes, zebra prints....and more! I apparently took home half the store when it closed!!! I had planned on selling most of this but it's just too much and I HATE ebay!!

Lots of these are samples, some are smallish (6x8, 8x10) and some are larger hanging samples. Some of it is yardage, most of the quilting fabrics are 1/2 yards and smaller.

I've got so much that I'm really looking to have people pay postage and it's yours! I'd LOVE an ATC from everyone who got some of the fabric - but I'd be happy if you only paid postage. :)If you want a lot or a little - just let me know - and let me know if there's something in particular you collect and/or need and I'll see if I have it - SERIOUSLY there's too much to list.

There's a few magazines that I'd love to trade for if you were willing to part with, any ME Home Companion from last year to now, or any recent back issues of Cloth, Paper, Scissors or Quilting Arts.

Just post here or PM me and we can figure something out! I'll probably try to post pictures tomorrow - if there's anything you're wanting you can ask me and I'll get it out and take pictures!!!

altermyworld
03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
pm you

adriayna
03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I want some! Will PM you now :)

Merricat
03-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Yay! Thanks guys!!

Merricat
03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
LOL! Yes my parents did and I managed it - you'd think I'd be tired of fabric - but I still LOVE it! That's how I developed an obsessive collection of it! Haha!!

Bizzyare
03-22-2008, 12:57 AM
I will send you a PM. :cute:

ScramperSue
03-22-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm interested, will pm you :)
very nice of you to do this :D

rocketwoman
03-22-2008, 02:23 AM
pm'd you, this is a nice offer!

JAD
03-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I had just did my first fabric swap with Carol (Monarch) and now I'm hooked....
PMing you...
How sweet for you to offer this..:jiggy:
Jeannie

Bubblecup
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh wow, I love you! PMing you. :)

KatieV
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
PMing - can send you some magazines.

Merricat
03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Great guys!!! I've responded to most of y'all - and will respond to all of y'all in a little bit. I'm going to sort through it all and make piles for everyone so far and see where I'm at. It looks like all my quilting fabric will be gone so I'll update the list in the first post after I'm done. I think I have enough different types to send to everyone who's asked (some people only need blue, others needed small prints, so I think it'll work and can send to everyone!).

grammyquilter2
03-23-2008, 04:16 AM
that was really quick, will pm you to see what you have left.

stillatthetop
03-23-2008, 04:35 AM
PMing you as well. You are so thoughtful and generous!

Merricat
03-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Yay! More PM's! I've gotten them all - I didn't get a chance to sort through what I had yesterday.....but I found MORE! *sigh* LOL! I'm updating the list above and will PM you all this evening!!

antiquesjm
03-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh, please, please, I hope I am not too late. I love, love ANY toile. I can also trade some things. i.e. magazines (stacked to the ceiling!)

Merricat
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Okay everyone! I almost have everyone sorted and boxed up...this is taking longer than I thought - sorry! Our internet is down at home - so I won't be on at all over the weekend - not until Monday morning at 8AM Central. I'm going to try and PM you all to let you know the status of your fabric, then this weekend I'll have it all boxed up, weighed, and get you a postage quote on Monday.

Right now I'm going to put new requests on hold and depending on how well this goes / how easy it is to mail off - I may offer up the rest of the fabric, but this was a bigger bear than I realized! LOL!!! LOTS of sorting and organizing! But if you've posted here or PM'd me don't worry - you're in!!! :)

Thanks guys!

grammyquilter2
03-31-2008, 02:11 AM
May all your generosity and effort bring you many blessings. We fabricaholics know how things sometimes have a way of taking over our lives..... hope you get some rest.

akamarti
04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I want to frame half of it and put it on the wall, it's so beautiful!!!! Thank you for what you chose for me....it's PERFECT! Oooooooh, what fun it was....like opening presents!!!!

JAD
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
I love my package filled with beautiful Color fabric...I especially love the Oriental one :)...Thanks so very much!!!!
Bunches of hugs to you.:D
Jeannie

Merricat
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm so glad y'all like it! I'm still working on packaging everything up! I haven't forgotten all those who have PM'd me! :)

jonquil
05-06-2008, 08:12 AM
When you are ready to go again - if there is any left!!!!!!! would love to arrange something

Ibus
05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Mine is still swimming it's way across the pond!

grammyquilter2
05-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Golly, Gee, THANKS for the wonderful pieces you sent me, they are beautiful colors and so suitable for costuming the antique repro porcelain dolls I am making....THANKS SO VERY MUCH for your kindness in sharing....hugs,

Merricat
05-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Jonquil I will! :) I've still got some left and I'm still working on getting everyone's fabrics out - so I'll certainly let you know when I'll pick it back up!!!

Ibus - they're coming I promise! :) Hopefully any day they'll arrive!!

Grammyquilter - I'm SO glad you like them! :) I tried to pick some that would be good for your dolls!

Ibus
05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Ibus - they're coming I promise! :) Hopefully any day they'll arrive!!

LOL Merricat, I don't doubt it. I posted two sets of cards to the same hostess, one lot on 22.04 and the other lot on 01.05. The ones posted last are already there .... and arn't due till some time in June, the others are who knows where and the finish date is fast approaching. :eek: Go figure.:twitcy:

stillatthetop
05-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Crap. I am just checking through. Was I forgetful and did not post that I received your wonderful velvets??? Super happy!!! I am sure that I PMed, or rep pointed??? I have tried to be diligent with my lists.

Merricat
05-12-2008, 09:02 PM
LOL!!! You PM'd me! :) I'm still working my way through my PM's - but I have little piles of everyone's requests! :) This was a bigger project than I thought! LOL!!

jetleg
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
If you have any dredges left over, let me know and i will happily send you my 1st born child, hehehe

Merricat
05-13-2008, 07:39 AM
LOL!!! I think I'll still have plenty left over! :)

grammyquilter2
05-13-2008, 07:47 PM
How is your mom doing? did I miss a posting on prayer thread?

Merricat
05-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for asking! I realized too late that I had worded that wrong - it's this coming Thursday that she's having the test. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and will let everyone know how she does :):) Thanks again!

rkolig
05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Merr, I hope it goes well with her.

I'm watching this thread too and when you're ready to start up again....well, I'll jump on it. LOL

Merricat
05-13-2008, 10:18 PM
LOL Mary! I'll still have tons left over so I'll let you know! :) And thanks! :)

Ibus
05-14-2008, 12:02 PM
My fabric finally arrived today! Thanks so much it's gawjuss!!

M A N U Z
05-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Merricat, I would Love some of that funky Fabric too when you're ready for sending out a new batch! :) Love to make you an ATC! And do you take Paypal?

Bizzyare
05-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Um...was I supose to send you some $? Take your time. No rush. Just sending you happy fibe vibes! LOL:biglaugh: