Patriotic Mouse SWAP ~ Due February 13, 2012

Mouseit

Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
Friend of AFA
Media
Patriotic Mouse SWAP

Cards due by: Monday February 13th 2012
Withdrawals: Anytime up to two weeks before due date as this allows a person on the mailing list to join the swap and still have their cards to me in time for swapping out. Please communicate with me, I love to receive messages!
Number of cards: 3 for 3 only
Medium: Any medium – if you can use two or more mediums on the cards all the better.
Number of players: Unlimited
Instructions: Please read all the instructions carefully as there are aspects that are expected on each card.

This swap is all about Patriotic mice! It is inspired by Jennie and some other girls and their genealogy connections to Countries and the pride they feel in them and their home (where they live) Country.

Three things all your cards must have –
# 1 ~A mouse of course!
# 2 ~A flag from the Country you are proud of and respect.
# 3 ~ A map of that country (can be used as a background or rolled up in appropriate place or part of the card)
If you want to add costumes from that country – go right ahead!

(Please note: mice are not scary so no horror/evil mice please ~they will be returned)

Embellishments are allowed so long as they are flat, be aware the mail machine doesn’t like those thick metal embellishments so please don’t use them, as your cards may turn up here damaged and I would hate to have to return them to you.

International players: Please realize that I am in Australia so international means the USA and every where else in the world except Australia. I will pay for all the postage in exchange for a $1 us stamp.

Preparing the cards.

~ Cards need to be ATC size (2.5" X 3.5")
~ On back be sure to include the following information:
#Your Artist AFA User ID/Real Name(so you can receive the coveted You Rock! remarks)
#Where you are from (in general - no personal addresses please!)
#Swap Name
#Date (your ATC was made)
# Your Signature
~ All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
~ Each card must be different BUT you can use the same mouse.
~ Please send work of a quality that you would be pleased to receive.

Mailing Instructions
~ Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send.
~ I will provide all envelopes and postage for international players for your return cards.
~ Postage info:
Normal mail from the US takes about 10-12 days.
All International/US players: please include a $1 stamp and enclose your address on a LARGE sticky address Label.
New Zealand players : Please include a New Zealand Stamp to the value of your out going mail.
Australian players: Please enclose a SAE with a 60c Stamp.
~Please write your user name, Address and the swap name on the back of the mailing envelope.
BEFORE YOU SEAL THE ENVELOPE : Please check to see if you have put in your address return label, Your Postage to cover returns US $1 stamp and importantly your cards...

Other Tidbits
~Extra cards for the hostess in this theme are not necessary but of course are gratefully welcome and will be definitely enjoyed and appreciated by me and the girls in the Thursday night club as always!
~If you have any questions, please PM me or ask it in the thread for this swap. I will encourage you all to “chat” and discover the talents and techniques of the other players. This is of course how friendships are made!
~ Swapping out – I have help ~ the Thursday night girls and myself will try to match effort for effort to make you all enjoy your returns, with a selection of mediums so your returns are all different.

Reps and iTrader
~Once you receive your return cards, please remember to leave iTrader for me and Rep points for the participants whose cards you received. I will leave iTrader for each of you as soon as I receive your cards or as soon as possible afterwards.

I think I have about covered everything…only one thing more……
WHO WANTS TO PLAY??

Signed up
# 2 Gerry Arrived Home
# 3 Jennie Arrived Home
# 5 Poodle Pup - No cards arrived - No Communication - Withdrawn
# 6 Wil Opio Oguta Arrived Home
# 8 SMikell Arrived Home
# 9 Kat Arrived Home
# 10 Creativemeemee Arrived 8/2/2012
# 11 Minnkel Arrived Home
# 12 Just_Ducky Arrived Home
# 13 Cee-Emm Arrived Home
# 14 Mzspurslasso Arrived Home
# 15 Lea67000 Arrived Home
# 16 Emolie31 - No cards arrived - No Communication of late - Withdrawn

Last edited:
another MOUsie thingy ???? and patriotic ... thought mouse's were only patriotic to CHEEse :laugh:

country only ??? ya know us USA gals have got 50 states and each state has a state flag
along with our USA Red-White-Blue .... just a thought... ya know this duck always like to throw ya a curve.....:yes:

I was going to do a swap similar to this one based on cats (mainly inspired by the picture book "my cat likes to hide in boxes"). I am strongly considering it.

I would like to sign up - M I C - C ya real soon - K E Y - Y because we love you - M O U S E!!

My weak attempt at humor this early in the morning!!

another MOUsie thingy ???? and patriotic ... thought mouse's were only patriotic to CHEEse :laugh:

country only ??? ya know us USA gals have got 50 states and each state has a state flag
along with our USA Red-White-Blue .... just a thought... ya know this duck always like to throw ya a curve.....:yes:

Never thought about our State Flags - way to go Ducky!!!:D

LOL Trust you to think of something I didn't Ducky girl!!!

well we will have to take a census on how the othrer players think of that..LOL

Girls & Boys????
Whatcha recon???? States allowed? or disallowed????

Welcome players!

Welcome to:
# 1 Ibus
# 2 Gerry
# 3 Jennie
# 4 Josie & Tom
# 5 Poodle Pup
# 6 Wil Opio Oguta
# 7 Sandyuintah
# 8 SMikell

Heehee Good to see the LURKERS too.....

Ducky you just stirring the pot or playing???..*laughs*

Never thought about our State Flags - way to go Ducky!!!:D

Shhh Sandy or I will send you to the naughty chair...LOL Don't encourage her to be bad.. she does that well enough by herself.....

Here have a baileys instead.......

Damn does anyone drink anything but baileys around here????

OK....so I'm joining VERY FEW swaps in the future.....but....how can I pass up a Mousie Swap!?!?!? Well.......I can't!! I like the idea of having the state option as well (ducky your brain just never quits does it?? :D)

So, I've got my mouse ready to delve into a bit of American and Minnesota, Texas, Cali, etc. history. I KNOW you'll get a Texas one...that is a no brainer!!!! Ideas are already overflowing.

Now that the mouse is ready.....just gotta grab a bottle of Baileys and some TamTams and I'm ready to get creative (after the holidays, of course.)

Back
Top Bottom