PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUNDS - due January 20, 2012

craftyvox
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Swap Due Date: January 20, 2012
Signup date: Whenever, as long as your cards will make it to me in time (or until we're full).
Withdraw date: Whenever, though preferably before January 10. (see swap details)
Number of Backgrounds: 3/3
Number of participants: 20

Thanks for showing interest in this swap! The swap was great fun! All participants have recieved their returns so I'm asking the mods to move this thread into the swap archive.

BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUNDS - due January 20, 2012

Ever ran across ATCs that had such striking backgrounds you wish you had some yourself to play with, and/or wondered how they were made? I know I have! Many of us also like to keep a stack of ready-to-go backgrounds in stock, to create beautiful ATCs with once inspiration and creativity strikes.
How about combining this?? For this swap you'll create a set of ATC backgrounds and in return you will receive a set of "pre-made" backgrounds that you can use for your own ATCs. Similar swaps hosted by others in the past have been a great succes so I figured I'd host another one.

It's been quite a while since I last hosted a swap and I don't want to overwhelm myself, so I'm limiting this swap to a 3 for 3 only swap with a maximum of 20 players. Am planning on repeating this swap again later this year though, as I just love creating backgrounds, so in the event of this one filling up fast, there'll always be the next one!

Swap Details

This will be a 3/3 only swap, originals only, no prints.

All cards must be the standard ATC size (2.5"x3.5"), sturdy and well-constructed and in their own plastic sleeve.

Technique: All styles and media are welcome, as long as they make beautiful backgrounds for ATCs. Feel free to combine techniques and be creative.

Since this is a background-swap; no embellishments and please try to keep your cards somewhat flat.

Make sure to seal your cards well if you use a medium that can stain or smear etc.

Please don't just slap a piece of scrapbook paper on the card and call it done. Pull out your craft supplies and try to create backgrounds that are pieces of art in itself and are almost too pretty to cover up. Only send in backgrounds you're proud of and would like to use yourself as well.

Please include your screen name, real name, location and name of swap on the back of your cards. If you like to share the technique used for the background, feel free to include this on the back of your card (or on a seperate piece of paper if it's a lot of text or an interesting technique) so we can try it out for ourselves maybe!

Withdrawals: No worries if life gets in the way and you need to withdraw, but please communicate in time - preferably before January 10 - when you're unable to finish up the swap. No shows without communication will result in neutral iTrader, sorry. As there is a max. number of players there might be people waiting for a spot on the waitlist, so I would ask you to be considerate; if you think you're not gonne make it, please don't wait until the last moment to withdraw but do so in time so someone else can take up your spot and still have enough time to mail in their backgrounds. Thanks!

Do keep in mind someone will be using your card as a background to create another ATC with. If you made something you're so much in love with you'd hate to see it altered, you might want to consider keeping it for your own collection or to trade as-is.

Mailing Information

This swap is open to all, regardless of location.

All cards are due in my hands by January 20, 2012. I'm based in The Netherlands, so please keep this in mind when mailing out your cards and mail early to allow time to reach The Netherlands. Late cards will be swapped with other late arrivals if possible, otherwise they will be returned to sender.

When you're ready to mail your cards, please PM me for my address. Please also post in this thread when you mailed out your cards, so I know to keep an eye out for them.

Please ensure your cards are securely packed; loose cards sliding around in the envelope may well result in ripped open envelopes and loss of cards. . Please don't use excessive amounts of tape.. Any 3-card holders etc will be re-used when I mail out your returns.

ALL players: please include a medium sized address label (including your country), I will provide the return envelopes. Please include loose postage equivalent to what it took to mail your cards to me (I will be able to use these in swaps with hosts in your country). Also clearly write your username and swapname on the back of your mailing envelope.

When I receive your backgrounds I will leave you iTrader and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. When you receive your returns, I encourage you to leave iTrader for your swap host and You Rock/rep points for the artists whose cards you received. To make it easier to leave rep points I will link all names in the participants list to their sign-up post as soon as cards come in, so all you gotte do is find the right person in the participants list, click their name and off you go!

---------------------

Feel free to chat in this thread and share interesting and fun techniques or post images of work-in-progresses or finished backgrounds. If there are any questions, just ask!

So... with all these mandatory tidbits out of the way ..Who would like to play??:D

Participants

1. ICraft (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1140957&postcount=2), USA - returns received
2. Mariloupatch (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1155407&postcount=88), Belgium - returns received
3. Snickleme (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141073&postcount=5), USA, - returns received
4. mellyr (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141158&postcount=7), Australia - returns received
5. Wil Opio Oguta (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141174&postcount=8), The Netherlands - returns received
6. DenaCottrell (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141175&postcount=9), USA - returns received
7. Joss (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141201&postcount=11), UK - returns received
8. Crafty (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141208&postcount=13), Italy - returns received
9. papersaga (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141217&postcount=14), USA - returns received
10. LJ8677 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141245&postcount=16), USA - returns received
11. KathyD (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141303&postcount=21), USA - returns received
12. sainteve (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141359&postcount=23), Canada - returns received
13. kitty2287 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141374&postcount=24), USA - returns received
15. Ibus (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1142920&postcount=32), UK - returns received
16. Donnarcr (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143231&postcount=35), Australia - returns received
17. Jewels (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143697&postcount=40), USA returns received
18. jiliyan (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143826&postcount=44), Canada - returns received
19. studio36designs (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143832&postcount=46), USA - returns received
20. Arlie707 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1153210&postcount=80), Canada - returns received

ICraft
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
aha - Found you! This sounds like such a fun swap - what a wonderful way to spark the creative fires - a beautiful background ready to go! Count me in for sure!!

craftyvox
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Yay my first participant!! So happy to have you onboard for this beautiful background swap! :D

sandyuintah
12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I would like to join!

Snickleme
12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I would love to play! Please add me to the fun.:yes:

SOTO
12-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Please add me!

mellyr
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM
id love to do this swap,i already have ideas

Wil Opio Oguta
12-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Count me in

DenaCottrell
12-07-2011, 03:24 AM
I would like to participate.

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Wow, we're already half-full, just overnight. :jiggy:
Sandyuintah, Snickleme, SOTO, mellyr, Wil Opio Oguta and DenaCottrell -- you're all signed up.
Welcome ladies!! Can't wait to see what all you come up with. :D

Joss
12-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Oooh yes please, I always need backgrounds.

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Welcome to the swap Joss!

crafty
12-07-2011, 06:56 AM
sign me up please
joan in Italy

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Crafty and papersaga, you too are listed for a "background check"!! ;)

LJ8677
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
How can I resist? Sign me up too, please!

Wil Opio Oguta
12-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Whenever I make backgrounds, I always make a sheet around 9"x12" in size. In other words I had a couple of different backgrounds ready before this swap was announced. I picked the following ones for this swap (they will go into the mail tomorrow):

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Wow, we're filling up fast! Yay!

LJ8677/Laura, so great to have you. It was your swap back in 2008 that originally inspired me for this one (as you know.. hehe)!! :D

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Whenever I make backgrounds, I always make a sheet around 9"x12" in size. In other words I had a couple of different backgrounds ready before this swap was announced. I picked the following ones for this swap (they will go into the mail tomorrow):

Hah you're fast! :) And, wow, these are awesome!! Can't wait to see them with my own eyes. Are they acrylics or such?

Wil Opio Oguta
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
The red and purple are acrylics with gesso under it and stamps have been used. The two other ones are gesso, inks and salt/sand.

KathyD
12-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd love to join this one!

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi KathyD - welcome to the swap!

sainteve
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi craftyvox & all - I'd like to join. I have a selection of backgrounds on hand and will make a couple more different ones to play if I can. :D

kitty2287
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
What a great idea for a swap. Please count me in!
kitty

craftyvox
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Welcome both!

I can't believe how fast this swap filled up! :shocked: :laugh: With sainteve and kitty2287 joining us as well, we're already up to 14 players with only ONE MORE spot left!

DenaCottrell
12-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Wil Opio, I do the same with a letter sized paper that will give 10 cards so I always have plenty left over. Now to decide which to send...

craftyvox
12-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I never thought of using an A4 sized (or letter-sized) sheet of paper to create backgrounds on.. I use 4x6" cards which yield just 2 backgrounds. Going to have to give the larger canvas a try as well!

craftyvox
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
You're added, sophierock, welcome!!

craftyvox
12-08-2011, 03:40 PM
And with that we're officially full! :D Thank you so much all for showing interest to play! Can't wait to see what beautiful backgrounds you all will be making!

Any other interested players, please feel free to let me know and I'll add you the waitinglist, or I might actually open up the playerlist to a handful more players - I haven't quite decided yet :confused:

kitty2287
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Mine went in the mail this afternoon from Florida, USA.
kitty

Ibus
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I totally missed this :sad: Do you have a waiting list?

craftyvox
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Mine went in the mail this afternoon from Florida, USA.
kitty

Awesome -- will keep my eye out for them!

I totally missed this :sad: Do you have a waiting list?

I don't have a waiting list just yet but.. I do have a spot for you! ;) :yes:

Ibus
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Awesome -- will keep my eye out for them!

I don't have a waiting list just yet but.. I do have a spot for you! ;) :yes:

Yay! Thank you! :notworthy: :)

Donnacr
12-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Ah, well- I guess that I will have to be the start of your waiting list. I received some beautiful backgrounds in the last swap like this (some that I don't want to cover up :laugh:)
Now I just have to hope that someone withdraws

craftyvox
12-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Donna, you're on the list! :yes: And there's room for a few more :)

As to keep the swapping doable and not overwhelm myself heh I originally had set the swap to 15 players, but we filled up so quick that I decided that adding a handfull of extra spots wouldn't be that much more swapping. :cute:

So.. for the record: this swap is now taking a max of 20 players. Come get a spot while they last haha. :D Once we're full I'll keep track of other interested people on a waitlist as I had planned.

Btw, for fellow hostesses joining this swap, I'm trying to figure out a more practical way of organizing my swaps and returns so if you feel like sharing your hostess secrets in PM with me I'd love to hear more! :geek:

craftyvox
12-10-2011, 07:43 AM
I received some beautiful backgrounds in the last swap like this (some that I don't want to cover up :laugh:)

You know, I do too! I was in a similar swap back in 2008 and I've actually added some of the backgrounds I received in my returns to my ATC collection cause they were just perfect and awesome on their own and too pretty to cover up!:yes:

Ibus
12-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Go and look in Gerry's Quick Turnaround Snowman Swop, they've just been discussing swop methods.

Snickleme
12-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi Craftyvox
I am ready to get my backgrounds in the mail to you- Please PM me your address so I can send them on the way.:D

Jewels
12-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I'd love to join.

craftyvox
12-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Beautiful Backgrounds arrived from Wil Opio Oguta! Thanks for the extra background! :wubclub:

craftyvox
12-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I'd love to join.

Jewels, you're in! Thanks for playing :)

craftyvox
12-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi Craftyvox
I am ready to get my backgrounds in the mail to you- Please PM me your address so I can send them on the way.:D

Done! :yes:

Just wanted to add a quick note to this for the other players. When you're ready to mail your cards, please PM me for my address. I'm worried that I somehow might end up missing out on one of your posts in the thread and I'd hate for anyone to think I'm ignoring their address request! :shocked: Please also post in this thread when you mailed out your cards, so I know to keep an eye out for them. Thanks!

craftyvox
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
You're added jiliyan! :)

That leaves ONE more spot!

studio39designs
12-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Ooooo, if there's still room, please sign me up! I love playing with backgrounds and this sounds wonderful! Thanks!

craftyvox
12-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Ooooo, if there's still room, please sign me up! I love playing with backgrounds and this sounds wonderful! Thanks!

The 20th and last spot is all yours, studio39designs, welcome! :yes:

We're now FULL, any other interested players will be placed on a waiting list. In case one or more participants is unable to complete this swap, I'll move waiting people onto the participants list up until January 10 (or maybe a couple days later, depending on country of origin heh), as otherwise there won't be enough time for the backgrounds to reach me.

studio39designs
12-11-2011, 07:49 PM
The 20th and last spot is all yours, studio39designs, welcome! :yes:

We're now FULL, any other interested players will be placed on a waiting list. In case one or more participants is unable to complete this swap, I'll move waiting people onto the participants list up until January 10 (or maybe a couple days later, depending on country of origin heh), as otherwise there won't be enough time for the backgrounds to reach me.

Thanks so much!!

craftyvox
12-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Since we're full and all set to go I'm asking the mods to move this thread to the Active ATC Swaps forum. Just a fyi really, so y'all don't go looking in the Open ATC Swaps forum and get all confused when you can't find it :)

Jewels
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Mine went postal today.

craftyvox
12-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Awesome, thanks for letting me know -- will keep my eye out for them and will let you know when they get here!:)

craftyvox
12-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Beautiful backgrounds have arrived from kitty2287! Thanks for the extra! :wubclub:

Ibus
12-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Mine are on the way. I've left the paper slightly bigger than the ATC card it's stuck on, as I prefer to trim that off when finished.

craftyvox
12-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Mine are on the way. I've left the paper slightly bigger than the ATC card it's stuck on, as I prefer to trim that off when finished.

Awesome Ibus, I can't wait to see them! And I just wanted to say: I love your holiday usericon!! :D

sainteve
12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
My cards went in the mail on the 8th- I think I just forgot to post that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what amazing creations I get.

craftyvox
12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
My cards went in the mail on the 8th- I think I just forgot to post that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what amazing creations I get.

Thanks for the heads-up -- they haven't made it all the way to my mailbox yet but I'm sure they'll be here any day now. I'll let you know once I recieved them :)

The backgrounds I've recieved so far are all fabulous and I just KNOW the returns will be awesome :D

craftyvox
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Mine went postal today.

In a small pile of Christmas cards the mailman dropped in our mailbox today I also received the envelope with your lovely backgrounds, Jewels! Thanks for the extra background, you all spoil me! :)

KathyD
12-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I sent my backgrounds off yesterday.

craftyvox
12-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I sent my backgrounds off yesterday.

Thanks for letting me know KathyD - I'll let you know as soon as they arrive!

Did you gals who finished your backgrounds already happen to make piccies of them that you could (if you like to) share in this thread? I always love peaking at other peoples art and I imagine I'm not the only one!

Ibus
12-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for letting me know KathyD - I'll let you know as soon as they arrive!

Did you gals who finished your backgrounds already happen to make piccies of them that you could (if you like to) share in this thread? I always love peaking at other peoples art and I imagine I'm not the only one!

Nope :sad: didn't think of it. Can take photos of similar backgrounds though.

craftyvox
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Nope :sad: didn't think of it. Can take photos of similar backgrounds though.

Ibus, your beautiful backgrounds have arrived. If you like I could take a pic and post them to the thread? Or you could post pics of some other backgrounds -- all is fine! I'm just looking to spice up the thread with some inspiration really :) Not that I think you need any, but because it's always so much fun oogling over pretty stuff :)

Ibus
12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Glad they've arrived! BTW did the stamps ever get there?

You can take a photo if you like, that way it's definitely the ones in the swop!

craftyvox
12-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Glad they've arrived! BTW did the stamps ever get there?

You can take a photo if you like, that way it's definitely the ones in the swop!

Okidokie -- will do so! After the weekend probably, I've finals coming up this week and am swamped in coursework ugh.
And no, I'm afraid the envie with stamps&the atc are still out there trying to find their way to my mailbox :(

studio39designs
12-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Here are my backgrounds. Esther, I've PM'd you for your address & then I'll get them in the mail to you! For those who end up with one of these, I've included the technique that I used for each background on the back of the card. Hope whoever gets them enjoys them!

craftyvox
12-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Here are my backgrounds. Esther, I've PM'd you for your address & then I'll get them in the mail to you! For those who end up with one of these, I've included the technique that I used for each background on the back of the card. Hope whoever gets them enjoys them!

I've PMed you my address. How neat you included the technique used for these cards, they look intruiging. Can't wait to see them in real! :)

Joss
12-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Mine are ready to go- but will only send them after Xmas - great idea- next time make it 10:10 .... LOL
Merry Christmas and happy arty 2012 to you and everyone on this swap. xxx

bartev78
12-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Studio39designs: I love them all!

craftyvox
12-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Mine are ready to go- but will only send them after Xmas - great idea- next time make it 10:10 .... LOL
Merry Christmas and happy arty 2012 to you and everyone on this swap. xxx

As it had been a while since I last hosted a swap myself, and am in the mids of my last semester at university (should be graduating this january, whoohoo!) I didn't want to overwhelm myself with too large a swap. But I'm definitely going to host a similar swap like this some time this Spring and am planning on making it 9:9 then maybe. :D

sainteve
12-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice, joss, very nice. Yeah, more than 3:3 is a thought.

studio39designs
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Studio39designs: I love them all!

Thanks so much!!

mellyr
12-20-2011, 06:00 AM
here are my cards (finally lol)
they are made with smooch sprays, masks and distress inks.
hope you like them

mellyr
12-20-2011, 06:01 AM
could i please have your address too

craftyvox
12-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Joss, they are great!! Can't wait to see them!

here are my cards (finally lol)
they are made with smooch sprays, masks and distress inks.
hope you like them

Great cards mellyr! Now I'm curious.. what are smooch sprays??

Thanks for posting your cards to the thread, it's so much fun to see eachothers cards!

craftyvox
12-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Just a quick note to all players: When you're ready to mail your cards, please PM me for my address. I'm worried that I somehow might end up missing out on one of your posts in the thread and I'd hate for anyone to think I'm ignoring their address request! Thanks!:)

craftyvox
12-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Beautiful Backgrounds have made their way to my mailbox from PaperSaga! Thanks for the extra cash for postage!!

Merry Christmas all!

craftyvox
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
KathyD, your beautiful backgrounds have made it safe and sound to my mailbox! :) Thank you for the extra background!

craftyvox
12-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Two more sets of backgrounds have arrived; by studio39designs and DenaCottrel! Thanks for the extras! You're all too sweet!

craftyvox
12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
The postie just brought two more sets of beautiful backgrounds: Joss and mellyr, you're backgrounds have arrived!

craftyvox
12-30-2011, 10:25 AM
As per December 30 there is ONE spot available again, as one of the players had to drop out unfortunately. I've asked the admins to move the thread back into the Open Swaps forum, so in case you're looking for the thread in the Active forum but can't find it you know why :)

arlie707
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Would love to take the last spot - don't know how I missed your swap!
My cards are already done and will send asap. Please pm your address (just to be sure I have it)

craftyvox
12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome Arlie707! The swap filled up real quick so I had it moved to the Active Swap Forum pretty soon after posting, might be why you didn't see it before:) But you're in now! Will PM my address in a minute.

RobbyGirl
01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Gosh I've been so busy lately I completely missed this. I love background swaps.

marilou
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Great to fill the gap! Love backgrounds, and will start right away. Thanks for letting me know!

craftyvox
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Gosh I've been so busy lately I completely missed this. I love background swaps.

Hopefully you'll be able to join another time. :) Btw, Joss is going to be hosting another background swap soon, too!

Great to fill the gap! Love backgrounds, and will start right away. Thanks for letting me know!

Great to have you Marilou! :yes:

ICraft
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Great backgrounds posted by Joss, Studio39design and mellyr!!

ICraft
01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
All the pretty cards made me want to get crafting so bad I just had to get my ATCs done. I'm recooperating from knee surgery so I had hubby set up a way for me to keep my leg elevated while I was crafting and then had him put some of the extra things I needed within reach so all went pretty well I think.

Here are my backgrounds - hope they are a good jump start for the people who receive them.

Floral texture, Metallic Blues w/ Swiss Dots
Golden Cupboard (marble look) & Big Dots

craftyvox
01-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Great cards Dena! Can't wait to see them in real. :) Just realized I totally missed your pm, will respond in the morning when I get behind my pc, as typing longer bits on the cellphone is near impossible..

marilou
01-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Cards will be in the mail tomorrow!!!

LJ8677
01-03-2012, 03:34 PM
I just popped you a PM for your addy, crafty, and once I have that, I'll be dropping my backgrounds in the mail to you.

craftyvox
01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Jiliyan, your beautiful backgrounds have arrived to my mailbox! Thanks for the extra :) And I just gotte add, I LOVE that canadian postage stamp with the icebear on it, soo cute!

craftyvox
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Laura and Marilou, thanks for letting me know. I've marked your cards as being under way, will let you know when they get here.

On a seperate note, I might be online a little less frequent the next few days due to family matters, so it could be taking a few days longer to update you on the arrival of your cards. Thanks for being patient with me.

Snickleme
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
so cool! love them just the way they are.

craftyvox
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Mariloupatch, your envie with beautiful backgrounds has arrived:)

craftyvox
01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Ohh there was another envie hiding in the mailbox! Crafty, your beautiful backgrounds also have arrived. Thanks both for the extra background too, btw! :)

craftyvox
01-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Every day it's as if the postie brings pressies to my mailbox!:) Beautiful backgrounds have arrived from LJ8677 and Snickleme. Thanks for the extra's, girls!

LJ8677
01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
My goodness, that was very fast! Glad they made it there so quickly!

craftyvox
01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
More Beautiful Backgrounds have arrived; ICraft and Arlie707, thanks for the postage and extra background! :)

ICraft
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh I'm so happy my ATCs arrived - they only took 9 days to get to you - that's !!unbelievable! Hooray!

craftyvox
01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Donnacr, your beautiful kaleidoscope background have arrived :D

Which means there's just one set of backgrounds on their way to me! I can't wait to swap them out, the returns are going to be awesome! :yes:

craftyvox
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Whoohoo, all beautiful backgrounds for this swap are IN and ready to be swapped out. If nothing unexpected comes up I'll be swapping the backgrounds this weekend so they should be on their way to your mailboxes by early next week! :yes: Y'all have sent in most awesome backgrounds so I know the return sets are going to be super -- hope you will all be as enthusiastic about them as I am! :D Next time I'll have to do a 9:9 or such hehehe. Will keep you posted when the return enveloppes have actually hit the mailbox/post office!

craftyvox
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I've spent most of the evening sorting out all your sets of beautiful backgrounds and swapping them and I have now a neat stack of envelopes ready to be mailed out. They'll be on their way first thing after the weekend unless I can rope DH into dropping them off at the post office tomorrow on his way to work!

http://www.pixelvox.net/apad2012/120121.jpg

Nero decided he just *had* to help me :D
Needless to say he was more in the way then a real help ;) but cute he was, as always.

ICraft
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Oh I do hope my envelope arrives with Nero in it. haha He's so cute and he looks like he's really looking the cards over. I think maybe you misjudged his "helping" he seems like a great helper. That's exactly what my kitty does - gets right in the middle of the table anytime I start crafting and especially if it's an ATC swap. Gotta love em!

Wil Opio Oguta
01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
LOL But that is his job. My Catrien even tries to sit on the quilt I am machinequilting. Who cares that I have to move the fabric around :-)

Joss
01-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I am not a 'cat' person, but Nero has such a personality. Love this picture.

craftyvox
01-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh I do hope my envelope arrives with Nero in it. haha He's so cute and he looks like he's really looking the cards over. I think maybe you misjudged his "helping" he seems like a great helper. That's exactly what my kitty does - gets right in the middle of the table anytime I start crafting and especially if it's an ATC swap. Gotta love em!

Sorry Dena, but Nero is not included with the returns! ;)

LOL But that is his job. My Catrien even tries to sit on the quilt I am machinequilting. Who cares that I have to move the fabric around :-)

:yes:

I am not a 'cat' person, but Nero has such a personality. Love this picture.
Thanks! He's quite a ham. :D

All envelopes have been dropped of at the mailbox and will be on their merry way as soon as the postie comes grab them (which will be tomorrow evening)!

ICraft
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Wil Opio Oguta - I sure hope your kitty keeps an eye on his tail or he might end up becoming part of one of your quilts. (haha)

craftyvox - gee I'm a little disappointed - no kitty with my swaps - boo-hoo.

Joss - I was never a cat person really but we've always had dogs. One day my daughter's ex called her to say he was getting rid of her cat and taking it to the pound if she didn't pick it up. I told her the cat could stay here 2 weeks and that was it. (Her husband is supposedly allergic but I think he just didn't want the cat) Anyway after 2 weeks I was in love and driving my husband crazy - look what the cat is doing - isn't she cute - oh look what she's doing now. One time I even woke him up to show him something she was doing - not one of my better choices. hee-hee But he still looked and said yea honey that's great. But finally she has made her way into his heart too. He gets up earlier than I do and she sneaks into his office and sits on his lap while he checks his email and such - so cute! Yep I'm a sucker for kitties now.

sainteve
01-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe I shouldn't mention that we have 5 cats. I seem to be a cat person.

That's a great picture craftyvox. Now I'm wondering which lovelies I will get in the mail. And I'm glad Nero is staying put. We don't need more cats...

craftyvox
01-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Maybe I shouldn't mention that we have 5 cats. I seem to be a cat person.

That's a great picture craftyvox. Now I'm wondering which lovelies I will get in the mail. And I'm glad Nero is staying put. We don't need more cats...

DH and myself are most definitely cat people as well. We have just 4 cats at the moment, but at one point in time there were 7 running around the house! Have to admit that was a bit much at times lol ;)

I've done my best to mix them up to where the different techniques are spread out nicely throughout the return sets. I figured it would be fun to try and work with a completely different kind of background your used to, one of the fun things about joining a swap like this imho :yes:

Have to admit.. all of the backgrounds were already beautiful on their own and many really don't need anything else added.. I might keep mine just as they are!

craftyvox
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
(and in case you notice there's a background missing from a couple of sets on the table.. that's not because Nero took them but because I was in the middle of filling up the first return envie hehehe)

Wil Opio Oguta
01-23-2012, 02:41 PM
My backgrounds arrived today - the advantage of living in the same country as the hostess :D. Thanks to PaperSage, SaintEve and ICraft. Thanks for hosting Esther!

Ibus
01-24-2012, 07:51 AM
My backgrounds arrived today! They're gorgeous and I can't see myself using them for future ATCs! Many thanks to Craftyvox for a fabulous swop and to Crafty, Papersaga and Icraft for their wonderful work. :)

marilou
01-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks Esther, the beautiful backgrounds arrived this morning. Thanks to arlie707 - jewels - and kitty2287!!! They will be put into use!

Joss
01-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Yipppeee mine are here too (hello neighbours).
Love them all, thanks for hosting the great swap cv.
And rocks are going to:
mariloupatch
kitty2287
DenaCottrell

craftyvox
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
So glad to hear the backgrounds are starting to arrive! Makes sense they arrive within the EU a bit faster then those traveling to the US/AUS - but hopefully they'll start trickling in there soon as well!

studio39designs
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Just received my beautiful backgrounds today - and iTrader (and thanks) to craftyvox for a fun swap, and you rocks out to mellyr, donnacr and Crafty! Love them all!:yes:

craftyvox
01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Yay, the backgrounds are arriving across the ocean as well now:)

Snickleme
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Love the kitty helper! I am anxiously checking the mailbox. LOVED this swap idea Craftyvox.

LJ8677
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
My wonderful backgrounds arrived in NY in yesterday's mail! Thanks to Dena Cottrell, Joss, and Jiliyou for great backgrounds. And huge thanks go to our wonderful hostess, craftyvox! Off to leave iTrader and rep points.

Snickleme
01-28-2012, 09:37 PM
awesome! the mail today brought some really great backgrounds from Joss, Arlie707, and Mellyr thanks to all!! Love them all. Great swap.

Jewels
01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Awesome backgrounds are here. Thanks to Donnacr, LJ8677 and Sainteve.

arlie707
01-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I received such lovely backgrounds today from: Wil Opio, Jewels and Studio Designs! Thanks so much!
Thanks to Crafty Vox for such a fun swap!

ICraft
02-01-2012, 01:52 AM
A beautiful envelope of backgrounds arrived at my house yesterday - thank you so much to craftyvox for being such a wonderful host and thanks to Ibus, KathyD and Jewels for the wonderful background artwork!

sainteve
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I received my backgrounds yesterday. Thank you to craftyvox for hosting this swap and to mariloupatch, crafty and lj8677 for their delicious backgrounds. I know what I want to do with 2/3 of them already:yes:

kitty2287
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm loving my fabulous returns from studio39designs, jiliyan, and donnacr!

craftyvox
02-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Wonderful to see that the envies are arriving across the world now. Hopefully they'll make it to the remainder of participants soonest as well :)

And if you feel like sharing some pics of the end result ATC after working on the backgrounds, please feel free to do so in this thread!

Personally, I like them so much I hardly dare work on them out of fear of messing them up!

mellyr
02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
awesome backgrouns received from:

jiliyan
kitty2287
joss

i love them all thanks so much

and a huge thankyou to our fab host

Donnacr
02-03-2012, 03:41 AM
My wonderful backgrounds have arrived from: ibus, wil Opio Oguta and Kathy D
Thanks for a great swap, craftyvox

off to leave pints for all

DenaCottrell
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Received wonderful backgrounds from:
LJ8677
KathyD
arlie707
As well as Craftvox. Thanks for hosting such a unique swap. The cards I received don't need any embellishment at all they are all so beautiful.
Thanks,
Dena

craftyvox
02-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Glad to see the backgrounds have made it to Canada as well! :)

And you're right Dena, the backgrounds are so beautiful on itself already they don't really NEED anything else - they're great as they are.

ICraft
02-10-2012, 08:13 PM
When you host it's such a relief when the cards make it to their new homes not to mention how fun it is as a player to see those envelopes arrive.:D

craftyvox
02-11-2012, 06:57 AM
When you host it's such a relief when the cards make it to their new homes not to mention how fun it is as a player to see those envelopes arrive.:D

Indeed! There's currently just one envie still on it's way, but hopefully that one will arrive soon as well!

I had such fun hosting this swap! Maybe I'll have to do another one again soon hehehe.