12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Swap Due Date - February 17, 2011
Signup/withdraw date - NONE
Number of Cards - 3/3
Number of Participants - 50
Medium - Open

Theme:
Memorable Moments

Remember those times when your life changes in an instant? Examples: When you get handed that diploma (and realize you have to find a job and pay off loans).. When you said “I do..” When you signed the adoption papers for a new dog (and he promptly goes on to destroy all your shoes and poop on your couch)….that one night you forgot a certain pill (whoops)…when you got motion sickness and puked on your professor’s steering wheel (true story)… when you faceplanted on the glass coffee table (also…true story). This can be as funny or as serious as you like (but not too crude - no nudity, gore, profanity - Keep it PG-13 or less). Moments you’ll never forget are what this swap is all about. Remember to write a little explanation on the front or back of your card. Feel free to share your moments with us even if you can't commit to the swap right now!

Rules:
Original artwork only!
--card must be ORIGINAL!!!
--Remember the background! It should be completed too.
--Make sure all edges are glued down.
--NO bulky embellishments (keep your cards flat!). It should fit easily in a trading card sleeve.
--Make your cards sturdy. They should be more than a flimsy piece of paper. So be sure to put on a backing if necessary. If they are flimsier than an index card, it will be returned.
-- Put user name on the back of your cards!!!!!!!
--Protect your ATCs in sleeves or plastic baggies.
--Communicate if you must withdraw. It's no big deal - just let me know! I don't bother with neutral itraders even if you don't communicate...but please let me know just to be polite.
--Extra cards as host gifts are always, always appreciated, but never required!

Mailing Directions:
* Send me a PM when you are ready to mail, and I'll send you my address. Please write your user name and swap title on the outside of your envelope.
* US players a LARGE ADDRESS LABEL and postage. I will provide an envelope. Loose extra postage is much appreciated to help international players. You’re cards will be returned to you with the packaging you included, and one piece of cardstock (1/3 a 8.5x 11” from me).
*Don’t tape the daylights out of your cards! A little tape goes a long way.

* International participants: Please send a sticky address label, and I’ll provide the envelope. A US dollar/postage is appreciated.

*Put your user name on your address label*

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from! I will be leaving iTrader as cards come in.

A note on how I swap: I do my very best to swap comparable cards. Ask me in a PM if you want to know more about my swapping method and I’ll try to explain my little method.

Remember to do your best work and HAVE FUN!

Questions? Just ask!

Examples:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/large/1_MemorableMoments.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/1_memorable_moment_bunny_gary.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/large/1_memorable_moment_dance.jpg

Players
Green = arrived
1. CynthiaSillitoe
2. Kris10sATCs
3. Idolores
4. Joss
5. Malufean76

Ethereal_sheep
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Here's an example with explanation.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/1_scan0001__4_.jpg

This card depicts the day I met Gary. I knew I wanted a greyhound before I started vet school, and I applied through the closest rescue (4 hours away). They just happened to have someone who fosters them in my city...and Gary just happened to show up wandering the streets of the city I was in. I instantly loved him, and adopted him as soon as I could. This is based off a picture of the very first time I met him to see if he would be the grey for me :) S

So that could be a Memorable Moment.

Ethereal_sheep
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Any takers? :) I'll probably be doing the day I found a dog in a swamp, Chase's proposal, and the day I got my acceptance letter for vet school ;)

CynthiaSillitoe
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Sign me up, please. :) I'm thinking of using old photos--or scans of photos--though I'm also going to do layers of collage. Is that ok? It's the only way I can think of doing these without being able to draw very well.

Ethereal_sheep
12-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I was thinking of doing something similar - like artful paintovers or something! Welcome! Welcome! I'm glad I have my first player!

Ethereal_sheep
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/large/1_MemorableMoments.jpg Here's my first!

This is a paint over of a picture my hubby took earlier this year. We were driving to a park to look at birds, and we saw a large furry animal on the side of the road. Well, what do you know!! It was a pony! So I caught the pony and walked it back to his home.

Sesshanach
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Ethereal_sheep: Aha, I found the paintover you referenced in your comment on one of my cards! I love your card.

I had to laugh about the story where you puked on your professor's steering wheel, because I've done something similar, only worse. The one and only time I was ever involved in a car accident, I was driving my thesis supervisor's car. Luckily I wasn't at fault and nobody got hurt (and no puke involved) but still, it's a wonder I ever graduated after that!

Anyway, I'd like to join the swap.

Ethereal_sheep
12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the swap! I'm glad to hear professors are so forgiving :) Haha...In my case, we had been hiking all day, and none of us were prepared for what a strenuous hike it was going to be. I tend to throw up when I get too hungry, and they were too tired to drive. I was trying to pull into a gas station when it happened...and I just didn't quite make it! ACK! Embarrassing!

Anyway! I'm so glad you could join the swap!

craftyvox
12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I really quite like the swap theme.. but since I'm not a drawer/painter I'm struggling a little bit with coming up with ideas. Just to make sure, it's okay to use photographs, as long as we do "something" with it, like make it into a collage or mixed-media piece? What exactly is paint-over-a-picture? Thanks for explaining!

Ethereal_sheep
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup! Collage type cards are welcome. For mine, I printed out my photos in ATC size on cardstock or watercolor paper. Then I painted on a thin (diluted with water) wash of Gesso. I retraced my outlines with micron pen. Then I used watercolor to paint over my images. That's what I mean by a paintover :) The fun thing about paintovers is you can use your imagination to alter the image. I wasn't wearing a polka dot dress when I found the pony, but I thought it was more interesting than the shorts and a t-shirt I was actually wearing.

I hope you decide to join us!

Ethereal_sheep
12-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Just thought I'd post my works in progress :)

My cards are my greyhound in bunny ears (Happy Easter!), first dance with my hubby, found a pony... and the saddest card I've ever painted (Saying goodbye). In high school, I had this little monster of a dog that I adored. Corky developed lymphoma and we had to put him down. This was one of the last moments I had with him.

CynthiaSillitoe
12-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I've been digging through photos and think I've found the ones I want. I need to get some copies made and then I'll get to work.

kris10satcs
12-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Oh, I've been eyeballing this swap for days, so I'll quit eyeballing now, and commit. So, sign me up, please!

Ethereal_sheep
12-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Welcome!! Feel free to share your WIP and completed cards here :)

Idolores
12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd like to give this a try

Ethereal_sheep
12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Welcome Idolores! This is sort of a challenging theme!

Joss
01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Okay I am here too, thanks for inviting me/urging me to join ES. I will be making my little 'giggly' characters and show and tell very soon.
Happy 2012 to you all.

Ethereal_sheep
01-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm so glad you could join us, Joss!

Ethereal_sheep
01-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Finished one more. It's a bittersweet memorable moment:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1513/large/2_1_Corky.jpg

Joss
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Mine are fun and funny moments. Great idea for a swap ES. Will send them in a day or two.

First day I did all the washing and realised I was well and truly 'married!
My husband's first computer in 1979 (looked like a huge piece of granite).
Doctor giving my babies their first injections- I cried more than they did!
The first cake I tried to ice...what a mess!

Ethereal_sheep
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Those are awesome :). What good memories!

Joss
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks Es.That's what happens when you get older- you can remember things from 60 years ago, but not what happened yesterday LOL!

Ethereal_sheep
01-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Hmmm... If I crank out one more card, i'll have one for everyone! :) We'll see!! Anyone else out there lurking? There's still time!

CynthiaSillitoe
01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm about halfway done. Finally found a font that I think is readable, but small enough. :) Anyway, I hope to have them done Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ok, here they are:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_percieatc.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_fancydress.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_arizona.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_onesummerday.jpg

Ethereal_sheep
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Those are so much fun! :)

malufean76
01-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Sign me in!!

Ethereal_sheep
01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Sure! Welcome!

Ethereal_sheep
01-21-2012, 11:28 PM
CynthiaSillitoe and Joss, your cards came in this week :)

Idolores
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
This was a challenge...I managed to come up with these.

Walking my new puppy only to find out the collar was to big and had slipped off.
Packing up my classroom when I had to stop working.
My first Mickey Ears.

Ethereal_sheep
01-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Those look great! I'm glad no harm came to your puppy!

Ethereal_sheep
01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I'll be out of town for the next 2 days. My hubby will be putting my mail somewhere safe during that time! :)

Ethereal_sheep
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Two weeks to go! :)

Idolores
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I sent mine out this week ...hope they make it safely.

Ethereal_sheep
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Great! I'll keep an eye out for them :)

Sesshanach
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I hate to back out of such a small swap, but I think I will have to. There's a lot going on right now, and I don't think I'm going to be done in time. I hope you all have a great swap - the cards I've seen posted so far are fantastic!

Ethereal_sheep
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
No worries! I knew this one would be small :)

malufean76
02-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Mail them on Monday, let me know when they arrived!

Ethereal_sheep
02-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I'll be waiting for them! :)

Ethereal_sheep
02-17-2012, 09:29 PM
All cards are in! I'll have them off by Monday :) Thanks for playing in this small swap!

Ethereal_sheep
02-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Cards are in the mail! If you sent me a host gift, I actually ended up sending one of my cards as a return gift :)

Thanks for playing!

Idolores
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Got my returns Thanks everyone! :)

CynthiaSillitoe
02-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks to Joss, Idolores, malufean76, and Ethereal Sheep--great swap!

kris10satcs
02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Ethereal sheep, I wanted to thank you also for the extra card you sent; thank you so much!

Ethereal_sheep
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Just our 2 international players are left waiting! Thank you for playing in this small swap!

Idolores
02-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Thank you for hosting!

malufean76
02-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Got my cards, love them !! thanks for the swap!

Ethereal_sheep
03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I think that's everyone! Thanks for playing! I'm moving this to the archives now:)