Pages : [1] 2

Vicki Z
01-07-2012, 06:03 PM
In A Suitcase or a Chest Swap – Due March 23, 2012
Swap Due Date: March 23, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: March 23, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited

This swap is all about suitcases, trunks, chests, and their contents.
What would you put in a suitcase?
What did you find in that chest?
What would you store in a trunk?

Caution:
You must show the contents of the suitcase, or chest, or trunk.
If the chest is open, to show what it holds, that works.
If the container is shown closed, it must open to reveal its contents.

Think treasure chests full of beautiful gems.
Imagine a chest of buried treasure, or a pirate chest full of gold dubloons.
Perhaps a hope chest stuffed with dreams.

How about a suitcase of secrets.
Maybe that old trunk of grandma's that has been in the attic for 30 years.
Possiblly a beautiful, mother of pearl, inland box, laden with love letters.
Or a suitcase full of vintage valentines or brittle pages of antique sheet music.

Do you have a chest of fabric, waiting for the perfect quilt occasion?
Or a trunk of tea colored, age stained, antique lace.
Or a box of foreign coins, collected from your many travels?
Or a jewelry box overflowing with antique jewelry, including some family heirlooms from grams and great-grandma.

And what about Nosferatu or Count Dracula?
With their trunk
Full of dirt
Filled with dirt, AND rats
Containing the Count himself - or his wives - peacefully resting

Use your imagination!

Items that can be removed or taken out are a plus!!!!

Collections:
Herbs for Healing
Hope Chest for Marriage
A Trunk of Memories

Paranoia
Dracula's trunk of homeland soil
Vampire Hunting Kits
Werewolf Repellents, Silver Bullets, and a Crossbow
Suitcase of Top Secret Documents

Treasure
Pirate Chests of Gold coins
Lost and /or buried antique jewelry

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* Any theme, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope. Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area and be nice and thin and only pay for the normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by March 23, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
In A Suitcase or a Chest Swap – Due March 23, 2012

*1. mariloupatch - it - Cards Received 2/06 * BELGIUM
*2. ArtDuJunque - it - Cards Received 3/23
*3. Gerry - it - Cards Received 2/24 * UNITED KINGDOM
4. art_junkie - it - Cards Received
*5. lea67000 - it - Cards Received 2/02 * FRANCE
*6. sqeek - it - Cards Received 3/23
*7. Crystallized - it - Cards Received 2/07
*8. SunTrade - it - Cards Received 1/27
*/. bastcrystal - WITHDREW
*9. irva - it - Cards Received 2/22
*10. TxCat - it - Cards Received 3/16
11. pixiecorpse - Cards Mailed 3/08 * UNITED KINGDOM
*//. DenaCottrell - WITHDREW
*12. Magdapalka - it - Cards Received 3/14 * POLAND
*13. Vicki Z - Cards Received 1/21
rn14. Hanne Alice - it - Cards Received 3/05 * DENMARK
*//. Barbara F -WITHDREW * CANADA
15. MamaMallino - it - Cards Received 3/17
*16. leann - it - Cards Received 3/12

* INTERNATIONAL

Vicki Z
01-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Who will be the first to share the contents of that old trunk in the attic?

marilou
01-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I am first to sign up, but not to share the secrets:D

Vicki Z
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
LOVE your response, mariloupatch!
So I have signed you up, and will wait to see what you create, and share - or not!!

ArtDuJunque
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Ooo, I love old things that hold secrets!
Like Mike and Frank I shall uncover that rusty gold and reveal all!
Sign me up!

Vicki Z
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Another fun player.
GREAT references!
I have signed you up, ArtDuJunque.

Gerry
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Please sign me up, I love this sort of theme.:D

Vicki Z
01-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome Gerry.
Let's see if we can keep you well and out of the hospital for the duration of this swap.
I have signed you up.

ArtDuJunque
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm thinking about the little box of treasures my grandpa kept in his office, the suitcase rearranging mini game in my professor layton game, and my own suitcase holding my ephemera in my studio.

Gerry
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Really looking forward to starting this swap theme, I have so many ideas swimming aroun in my head..:D

marilou
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Better keep your ideas locked up in the trunk Gerry:laugh:

Vicki Z
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
oh-oh!!!!
marilou has secrets she won't share.
And Gerry has been advised to keep her ideas locked up in the trunk.

I think I will have to open up my bolted shut suitcase, and release my ALIVE dummy puppet to keep you two in line.:D

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Gerry
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
nooooooooooo not the ALIVE dummy puppet....How did you know that that was one of my fears..I promise to keep in line...:yes: At least when you are looking...heheheh

ArtDuJunque
01-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I am picturing that episode of goosebumps "night of the living dummy"

Vicki Z
01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
There is also a "Twilight Zone" show about a living dummy.
And there is the movie "Magic" staring Anthony Hopkins as both the ventriloquist and the voice of the living dummy.

Vicki Z
01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
nooooooooooo not the ALIVE dummy puppet....How did you know that that was one of my fears..I promise to keep in line...:yes: At least when you are looking...heheheh

I KNOW all things, or at least my crystal ball does:biglaugh:

Fortunately, you live miles away, and I can't watch you all the time.......
Besides, my crystal ball clouds up in cold weather, and Minnesota has a lot of cold weather.:yes::laugh:

Gerry
01-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I remember a dummy being in the series 'Soap' but it was a long time ago so I doubt anyone can remember it.
There was also an episode of Buffy which had a dummy that was supposed to have been harvesting organs, but it wasnt as it seemed. Dont want ot give away the script if anyone hasnt seen that one..

jaw
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I remember "Soap"! It's where I first met (and had a crush on) Billy Crystal --- you can get it on Netflix!!

I'm lurking here .... :mask:

JavaZarf
01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
lurking

Vicki Z
01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Lurkers always welcome.
Of course, it is much more fun to join in.

Vicki Z
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I remember a dummy being in the series 'Soap' but it was a long time ago so I doubt anyone can remember it.
There was also an episode of Buffy which had a dummy that was supposed to have been harvesting organs, but it wasnt as it seemed. Dont want ot give away the script if anyone hasnt seen that one..

I don't remember a dummy on "Soap",
I'm glad jaw does!

But I don't remember that Buffy episode, either.
I must have missed a couple of shows.

But a dummy that is alive, or comes alive, seems to be a popular theme, and a nightmare!:shocked:

ArtDuJunque
01-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Vicki Z those are awesome! That cat is cracking me right up! Shiver me whiskers its a cat with a hook!

art_junkie
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh I like it...where did I hid those zombies?

Please sign me up...*runs off to sharpen my markers*

Gerry
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Here is a bit about the dummy on soap, might jog a memory
Chuck and Bob Campbell (Jay Johnson)—Chuck is Burt Campbell's son by his first marriage. A ventriloquist, he is always accompanied by Bob, his dummy and alter ego and the pair are always referred to as "Chuck and Bob". While Chuck is mild mannered, and polite, Bob is rude and abrasive. All of the main characters with the exception of Benson and Saunders find themselves conversing with Bob as a real person multiple times, even in the face of fierce determination not to.

Vicki Z
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
What a memory!!!!
Are you sure you didn't help write that epiode??

Vicki Z
01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh I like it...where did I hid those zombies?
Please sign me up...*runs off to sharpen my markers*

I had no idea one could sharpen markers.:D
I throw them out when they run out of ink.
How wasteful!!!!!:yes:
Where is my chainsaw?

PS
Welcome art_junkie.
I signed you up

ArtDuJunque
01-15-2012, 02:38 PM
That is awesome! I love it!

Gerry
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Love the samples you are showing Vicki:D..

lea67000
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Please count me in!

Vicki Z
01-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Welcome lea67000.
I have signed you up.
This is going to be a fun swap!!

Gerry
01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Been thinking about how I am going to make my cards, I have a few ideas floating around and should have time to start them this week.. yayyy

sqeek
01-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I love to make things open to show a surprise count me in please.

Vicki Z
01-18-2012, 07:39 AM
I love to make things open to show a surprise count me in please.

Welcome sqeek.
I have signed you up.
I know you will create some trunks that open with wild and wonderful surprises.

Vicki Z
01-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Been thinking about how I am going to make my cards, I have a few ideas floating around and should have time to start them this week.. yayyy

Sounds great, Gerry!
I know you will do a FAB-U-LOUS job.
I always LOVE the cards you make, :notworthy:

Vicki Z
01-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Did you know that the luggage industry considers a briefcase to be their smallest size suitcase?
I wonder if that would make MY "purse" a suitcase?
I carry everything in it but the kitchen sink. LOL!!

ArtDuJunque
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I have an old army surplus bag, carried across the chest, it has pockets galore! I think the last time I flew the yes guy thought I was taking the micky as I had that purse AND a carry on. But it is in the rules! You can have a purse and a carry on.

Vicki Z
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I have an old army surplus bag, carried across the chest, it has pockets galore! I think the last time I flew the yes guy thought I was taking the micky as I had that purse AND a carry on. But it is in the rules! You can have a purse and a carry on.

What a wonderful idea.
I will have to see if I can find my brother's army surplus bag for the next time I fly.
Thanks for the tip!

Vicki Z
01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Welcome Crystallized.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
In the language of luggage, this is considered a "trunk" or a "traveling chest".
In the language of luggage, different styles, or unique shapes, of trunks all had different names.

Is this a
1) Dome-top trunk?
2) Saratoga trunk?
3) Steamer trunk?

These trunks date from 1870s-1900s, with the most readily recognizable feature being their myriad, and very complex, interior compartments and trays, plus exterior heavy hardware.

ArtDuJunque
01-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I have a trunk with several compartments and drawers ,even a rack with hangers! I use it to store larger goodies in my studio.

sqeek
01-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Vicki,
My mother called that style of trunk camel back.

Vicki Z
01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
In the language of luggage, this is considered a "trunk" or a "traveling chest".
In the language of luggage, different styles, or unique shapes, of trunks all had different names.

Is this a
1) Dome-top trunk?
2) Saratoga trunk?
3) Steamer trunk?

Card created by Sqeek

For those of you who thought this was a dome-top trunk, you are correct.
For those of you who thought this was a Saratoga trunk, you are correct.
For those of you who thought this was a streamer trunck, OooooPS!:cry:

This style of truck is part of an over-all classification of "dome-top" because of the shape of the trunk top. Depending on the quality of construction, it is also a "Saratoga style" trunk, to indicate a trunk of high quality.

A dome-top trunk has a high, curved top that can rise up to heights of 25–30 in. Included in this classification are camel-backs, hunch-backs and barrel-tops.

Vicki Z
01-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I have a trunk with several compartments and drawers ,even a rack with hangers! I use it to store larger goodies in my studio.

That sounds like a wardrobe trunk, or a Theater Trunk. Often used by people who were always on the move (theater people, circus people), as versus people going on a short trip. The wardrobe trunk held most of a person's worldly belongings.

I saw one at an Estate Sale that I didn't buy, and I regret that decision still.:sad:

ArtDuJunque
01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes it is a theatre trunk! Just a plain old rectangle, no bumps. But the leather is supple and in tact as well is the paper liner. I got it for $40 from a used furniture shop after much negotiation. I also have an old steamer trunk I got at a garage sale for $10, horrible conditon, so I painted it white and put it on my shabby chic porch to hold bird seed and various garden tools.

Vicki Z
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
An antique dealer would have an absoute coronary to hear you painted an old steamer trunk white and filled it with bird seed!

Personally, I LOVE it!!
The old steamer trunks are all metal, and keep out the seed eaters - unlike the wooden trunk I have that the squirrels have chewed pieces out, holes in, and yesterday somehow sheered off an entire corner piece.

My birdseed store tells me birds don't care, because they cannot "smell", but squirrels HATE hot stuff, so I soaked a block of suet in Tabasco to deter the squirrels, and left it with the seed. But the squirrels ate all of it (it was a 5 x 5 inch block of suet!!)

Although, maybe that is why they tore off my corner piece on the seed chest.:biglaugh:

(My job this weekend - to fix)

Gerry
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Vicki I adore your vampire ones, that was something i hadnt thought about. :embarrassed:

SunTrade
01-23-2012, 02:27 AM
Can I play? I do not know how to make moving parts, but I put atcs together! The scanner did not take a good pic, but here they are:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4033/boxessmall.jpg

Vicki Z
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
I have signed you up, SunTrade.
Welcome.

ArtDuJunque
01-23-2012, 06:35 PM
First one done... FInally.

It's a puzzle. The seven pieces all fit but only one way.

Vicki Z
01-24-2012, 04:37 PM
AWESOME card:notworthy:
What a clever idea!:D
This is a wonderful ATC!!:yes:
From the picture, I cannot figure out how the pieces fit together, so I can't wait to meet this card in person!:laugh:

Thank you for posting pictures.

Gerry
01-24-2012, 06:27 PM
First one done... FInally.

It's a puzzle. The seven pieces all fit but only one way.

Great idea, :D

marilou
01-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Great card...working on mine, not really satisfied yet, Danielle, you gave me
THE solution:yes:

Vicki Z
01-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Great card...working on mine, not really satisfied yet, Danielle, you gave me
THE solution

THAT is a cryptic remark!!!!!:yes:
Any hints???:D

Or are you going to keep us guessing??:arghh::arghh:

ArtDuJunque
01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes Marilou, I'm a bit worried and rather confused.

lea67000
01-26-2012, 04:52 AM
And my cards are ready!

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/13/83/92/86/dsc02432.jpg

Vicki Z
01-26-2012, 07:20 AM
FAB cards, lea67000!!
You have covered cute to creepy, and added treasure as well.
WONDERFUL!!

Gerry
01-26-2012, 09:32 AM
With every sample you show, I get another idea for my cards, the examples are fantastic.
I was hoping to start mine last week but due to feeling unwell I was restricted to what I could do. I hope to have at least one card to show you by the end of the weekend. :yes:

ArtDuJunque
01-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Aaaaaaahhhhh! Vicki! Aaaaaahhhhhh!

* runs away*

Just kidding, lol, those are awesome!

ArtDuJunque
01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Lol, when I was younger I had a sleepover at a friends house. We watched the Saturday night late late movie which was Dolls (where poecelin dolls come alive and start killing people). Lame yes, but my friend had a collection of, Yup you guessed it, porcelain dolls lining her bedroom walls. Didn't sleep a wink.

Vicki Z
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Lol, when I was younger I had a sleepover at a friends house. We watched the Saturday night late late movie which was Dolls (where poecelin dolls come alive and start killing people). Lame yes, but my friend had a collection of, Yup you guessed it, porcelain dolls lining her bedroom walls. Didn't sleep a wink.

I know that movie!
I can see why you couldn't sleep.:yes:

Vicki Z
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Mom has a collection of antique porcelin dolls that she keeps in an atique wicker pram.
She adores them, and changes their clothes with the season.
She says they are mine when she dies, but I don't want them.

They know I don't like them.:yes:
Their eyes follow me when I am in the room.
I won't even dust them.

Clowns - I like,
But porcelin dolls. . . . .
Now they creep me out!

Vicki Z
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
The first set of cards have been received.
FAB cards are in from Art_Junkie.
Beautiful colors!
Love all the little inserts.
Thank you for the hostie card.

sqeek
01-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Vicki Love you clown cards

Vicki Z
01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
AWESOME cards received from SunTrade.
These are even more spectacular in person (than in your scan).
LOVE all the tiny cutouts.
Thank you so much for the hostie card.

SunTrade
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh! want one of those clown cards! ;)

Vicki Z
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Ah, Ha!!!
Now I know why you were so generous with your information on what you used to seal your collaged cards.
:D LOL.

I put all those cards out as samples to stimulate thought, not really intending to trade, but, we'll see what we can do about a clown for you.
Obviously you are not affected with Coulrophobia:biglaugh:

SunTrade
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Ah, Ha!!!
Now I know why you were so generous with your information on what you used to seal your collaged cards.
:D LOL.

I put all those cards out as samples to stimulate thought, not really intending to trade, but, we'll see what we can do about a clown for you.
Obviously you are not affected with Coulrophobia:biglaugh:

Jumping for joy!

bastcrystal
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
OOO! I have a few great ideas for this one, may I join?

Vicki Z
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Welcome bastcrystal.
Can't wait to see what thoughts lurk within.
I have signed you up.

marilou
01-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Keep on guessing... maybe I will be naughty and do not post the cards:biglaugh:

THAT is a cryptic remark!!!!!:yes:
Any hints???:D

Or are you going to keep us guessing??:arghh::arghh:

marilou
01-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Mom has a collection of antique porcelin dolls that she keeps in an atique wicker pram.
She adores them, and changes their clothes with the season.
She says they are mine when she dies, but I don't want them.

They know I don't like them.:yes:
Their eyes follow me when I am in the room.
I won't even dust them.

Clowns - I like,
But porcelin dolls. . . . .
Now they creep me out!

What about a porcelain doll popping out a suitcase, as a host card:biglaugh:

marilou
01-28-2012, 06:59 AM
ok I will be nice... her is trunk nr I

Inside is handmade bobbin lace by...moi

marilou
01-28-2012, 09:33 AM
And here are nr 2-3 and ...4
9223992240 What quilter would not like a trunk full of fabric?

9224192242 Who does not need this?

92243 and what is in here????????

marilou
01-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I forgot what I was thinking seeing ArtduJunque's card....alzh. light!
Keep guessing, I will not tell nananana:laugh:

ArtDuJunque
01-28-2012, 12:02 PM
You mean i didn't inspire you?

*pouts*

marilou
01-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh dear, of course you did, but what I got in mind seeing your cards.....I forgot.
But indirectly...Thanks you were my muse.

ArtDuJunque
01-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Hehe, it's ok. I'm just messingn with you. Your cards are fabulous!

Vicki Z
01-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Now, now, no fighting!

I am still trying to figure out how ArtDuJunque's pieces fit together.
So we all have our secrets we will not tell.

At least I will be able to see the real thing when her suitcase arrives! :laugh:

marilou
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
LIkes your monkey, seems familiar:laugh:

marilou
01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Great play with WORDS!!!! and she (he) is gorgeous!!!

SunTrade
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Marilou those are great!

Gerry
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
OMG I forgot I made that ellie, it must have been one of my first moving cards.
I LOVE the play on words, and yes I take the hint and will get making my cards for this swap as promised. I have got the insides finished just need to get the crates/trunks made..

pixiecorpse
02-01-2012, 09:59 AM
This looks sooooo fun, will lurk for a few days have 7 swap sets to start/finish off shouldn't take too long I hope so I will probably be back to play :D

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Hope to see you back, pixiecorpse.
This is a fun theme, with numerous samples already posted to inspire you and give you lots of ideas.

pixiecorpse
02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Oh I know they all look wonderful! I have a couple of ideas, but better get caught up a little first so I don't get too confused :D

irva
02-01-2012, 10:34 AM
this swap sounds interesting! i like the idea of a trunk of memories...hmmmm I am full of thoughts...please sign me up! Thanks, Irva

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome irva.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh I know they all look wonderful! I have a couple of ideas, but better get caught up a little first so I don't get too confused :D

Sounds like a good plan!

pixiecorpse
02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I thought so too! I don't want to drop out because I'm too greedy to build my atc collection and forget what I signed up for lol :D
I'm going to write a list :D and paint my little socks off hehe

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
If you subscribe to all the threads you have signed up for, it helps you remember what you have signed up for.

On the first page, at the top of the first post, there is a button on the top tool bar that says "Thread Tools". If you click on that button, you get a drop down box that allows one to subscribe to the thread, and this means that every time anyone posts a new comment, you get a posting to YOUR CONTROL PANNEL that the (subscribed-to) thread has a new comment - both keeping you up on the thread -- new comments, new pictures of new cards -- PLUS this reminds you that you have signed up, or at least want to sign up for, that thread.

If you already know this trick, cool. If not, do try subscribing.:D
Lists also help, but I keep misplacing mine LOL

pixiecorpse
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Ahh! I didn't know that handy tool so yay! Thank you I will do that as soon as I'm on my pc. I have a habit of losing my lists too hehe

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
And how is everyone doing on their cards?
Do I need to pick on someone other than Gerry?

Today is the first of February, and although your cards are not due for 2 months, that time will go quicker than you think!!

Gerry
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
And how is everyone doing on their cards?
Do I need to pick on someone other than Gerry?

Today is the first of February, and although your cards are not due for 2 months, that time will go quicker than you think!!

Yes please pick on someone else, cos I am really trying to get my cards done but things keep getting in the way, like work and sleep..:biglaugh:
As an update I have the insides made just need to decide how I am going to make the cases for them..

TxCat
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Sign me up, please

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Welcome TxCat.
Apparently you are feeling better!

Welcome!
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
ArtDuJunque, how are your cards coming?
I am so intrigued by your re-arranging puzzle suitcase, I am anxiously awaiting whatever you are going to create next.

ArtDuJunque
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Busily working on school projects right now. Trying to learn Spanish is rather taxing and my 3d design class is... Involving. So these cards have been put on hold till this weekend.

Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Hablas Espanol?
Muy bien!!!!!!

ArtDuJunque
02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Si, yo habla espanol para NO muy bueno.
Gracias por la ayuden.
(not sure I spelled help right)

marilou
02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I learned something new here: never have a sleepover:laugh:

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Hehe those bunnys are fab!!!! I have an idea for a good one, its top secret to make sure I can do it before I commit to anything lol...its going to be a challenge though!

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
All these hints . . .
Everyone keeping their suitcase contents top secret . . .
Keeping stuff under lock and key

This is driving me CRAZY!!
(Short trip!):D

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hehe I don't want to say as its a super cool idea but if I can't make it right then no one knows hehe...
And thinking about it I should just sign up then I have no excuses :D I won't grow if I don't challenge myself! So sign me up captain please :D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes indeed.
Signed up ye be.

Did you remember to subscribe to this thread so you know your are committed - or should be.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
lea67000, your cards arrived today.
They are even more cool in person.

I am keeping Ms. Drac.:shocked:
Bet you NEVER would have guessed.:laugh:

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Hehe no I haven't been on my pc since.... I have a list of all the pages I visit on my phone history for now :D

Oh dang it hehe that card of leas was what enticed me here in the first place...her cards are very cool!

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I would be happy to send you any of leas cards, as part of your returns for this swap,
EXCEPT FOR THE VAMPIRE.

She has already been retired to my PRIVATE collection.

Thank you again lea6000.

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Hehe I can't wait until I host my own swap! My greedy little mitts are already sweating hehe

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
You will have to let us know when you host your first swap.
You are limited to only 12 participants, and I can only imagine what theme you will chose as your intro to the hosting world. Sight unseen, I think I would like to participate.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
hehe I will let you know, got a little while to wait though...ive not been here that long and already hooked hehe

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Hehe crikey they do breed fast! If you ever need to know about head lice breeding patterns I'm your lady of knowledge! Took us between 3/6 months to rid our daughter of them last year! Fingers crossed we never go there again!!!

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Wow! Grandmas trunk is fantastic!!!!!

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Oh I went to check to sort out the subscribes in my thread and there all there and I didn't even do anything wow! :D

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 07:56 AM
They did a fantastic job! Its a very cute trunk!

We're all good on the head lice front we've been clean for a year now, still check though hehe!
And my working conditions are thoroughly sterilised and no kids in sight for art time :D
And eyedrops are on the way so I've got it all covered :D
Oh and I cut out my pieces for the top secret trunk...but I may have done a bit wrong. We shall see this evening :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 08:18 AM
With 3 kids 5 and under, and clean on head lice for a year, your child picked up the new best friends at an early age. If you are a SAHM, where did the head lice come from?
Crud! I didn't want to ask!
And now eyedrops? Oh my goodness.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Cut out pieces for a top secret trunk.
I am intrigued.

Wait until evening?
I will be a nervous wreck with that much waiting.:arghh:

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 08:47 AM
I wanted to do a foldy one, and I've just realised I cut out 2 atc sized bits instead of one big bit to fold.
Kids are 5,3,1 so I mainly wait till they've gone to bed so I can work freely and not have to answer daft questions :D
It is hard waiting but gives me time to think on my ideas so I can get straight to it at bedtime :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Your trunk gets more interesting with each post.
Sometimes cutting out smaller pieces, rather than a big one that folds, leads to a less bulky card, possibly better.

ArtDuJunque
02-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I just had a fab idea but I must ask...

Do wardrobes count?

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
You know you might be right, I was thinking that when I glue all my parts together it wouldn't open but I can just fold the top potion then I can still glue it all and its still secure and still open :D
I don't think ribbon or anything else to hinge it like that would work aesthetically

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I just had a fab idea but I must ask...

Do wardrobes count?

Wardrobes as in an armoire like the one in the Chronicles of Narnia wardrobe?
Yes, that counts.

Wardrobes as in Theatrical Trunks, sometimes called wardrobes or wardrobe trunks?
Yes, that counts.

I'm pretty flexible.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
You know you might be right, I was thinking that when I glue all my parts together it wouldn't open but I can just fold the top potion then I can still glue it all and its still secure and still open :D
I don't think ribbon or anything else to hinge it like that would work aesthetically

Ribbon is (usually) too soft and flexible to hinge well.
But felt bits, or suede cloth, or heavy stock paper that has a faux suede finish, work well for hinges on the triptyches I make.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Ooh good tip....limited to supplies though, need to sort through some stuff to trade for more supplies, its too far to our "local" craft type shop and hubby says I can't buy any more stuff until I sell something lol.
Ooh wardrobes eh? That's far more cooler than my idea!
Think just gluing it and having top layer fold back will work ok for this one.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
You need to get creative!
I have a pair of very, very, old, leather shoes that I got at a garagae sale for a quarter. They have no heels, and already have most of the soles worn off, but when I need a leather bit - like for a hinge or straps on trunks, I cut out a bit of shoe.
They have a punch out floral/lacey pattern, so I started stealing the stems, which were already pre-cut, but then started using the flowers when I needed larger pieces of leather. I even wear them now and then (I have them on this morning) so they don't get thrown out - I am, after all, still wearing them.

Also try your mail - before you toss out the junk.
Discover Card has some neat advertisements that simulate wood or leather as the marketing people try to entice one to sign up for their credit card. I also got some gorgeous red, star studded, cards from Pannera Bakery that made great backings for Christmas ATCs.

I throw out very little junk mail. Most of it gets cut up for ATCs.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Oh I went to check to sort out the subscribes in my thread and there all there and I didn't even do anything wow! :D

Maybe your subscriptions are there because you have lists on your phone????
I have to subscribe to each thread individually, but I don't have a phone link to my PC. I will have to check that out.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I never even thought of the shoe trick! God hubby would hate me to horde MORE stuff hehe
I really need to trawl the charity/thrift stores way more often!

It could be because they're on my phone but I've not bookmarked anything from here apart from main site address so I have no idea. I must just be special! :goofy:

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 03:45 PM
But of course you are special!

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
In looking at wardrobes and armoires, and other similar furniture, I stumbled across a multi drawer Cabinet of Curiosities. It appears to be about 8 feet tall with numerous drawers, each about 4-6 inches high, to hold collections of eggs, bones, bottles, and/orother curiosities.

I bet that would make a cool ATC.
It is too big for a standard ATC, unless I make a triptych.
But I wanted the drawers to open, or at least some of the drawers.
I think I have myself a project.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Oh dang it!!! That's similar to my top secret I may as well tell you now!
I was thinking of the trunk in harry potter that opens up with loads of compartments but I narrowed it down to one slidy drawer think a multi drawer is just a little bit too adventurous for my first time :D

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Hehe that's fantastic!!!! Love the black n white!

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Oh dang it!!! That's similar to my top secret I may as well tell you now!
I was thinking of the trunk in harry potter that opens up with loads of compartments but I narrowed it down to one slidy drawer think a multi drawer is just a little bit too adventurous for my first time :D

There is a trunk in Harry Potter book #4 to which Dumbledor had a set of 7 keys. With each key Dumbledoor used, another trunk, with a different set of contents, was opened, and the seventh trunk had stairs going downward, and that is where they found the real Mad Eye Moody.

Is that the trunk you are thinking of?
Still sounds cool.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep that's the trunk! But obviously very simplified hehe :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I still think it sounds very cool.
Go for it!
I want to see what your mind creates.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I will! I'm quite excited to see how it turns out too hope its like how my minds going hehe :D

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Did you make any progress?
Since you got up Saturday morning before the kids did, I am hoping you had some private time to do art.

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Nope I just had a cup of tea and laid down hehe was far too lazy! :D

ArtDuJunque
02-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, one little question sets off a storm of creativity. Yes I meant wardrobe as in "the lion the witch and...". Woo hoo, off I go.

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Yay! Can't wait to see what your making artdujunque, hoping its not what I'm thinking of :D

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow, one little question sets off a storm of creativity. Yes I meant wardrobe as in "the lion the witch and...". Woo hoo, off I go.

Don't worry about it.:D
We all had things to say!

Unfortunately, I need to invest in additional soap boxes.:biglaugh:

Gerry
02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Yayyyy I got one made last night...see I can do it when I want to...:laugh:

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Congratulations, Gerry:yes:
Hip, Hip, HORRAY:D
I am soooo proud of you

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Yay congrats Gerry!!! I really need to get at least 1 done lol

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok so I've painted my bits and glued, tomorrow I'll add detail n hopefully it will all go well :D

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Good luck.
Hopefully the kids sleep late and you have some art time.

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 06:07 AM
They're crafting...with glitter glue, I'm keeping a wide berth so I can work on some more cards hehe :D

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I was just thinking, is it cheating to leave my chest empty :D
I quite like the way it looks lol but I will fill it don't worry :D

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Actually, it would be cheating to leave your chest empty
But if you wanted to put something that had been in the chest, out of the chest, and on the floor/ground off to the side of the chest, you would not be changing the way the chest looks, and would still be abiding by the rules to have something in the chest, or something that was in the chest.

Would that work for you?

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I thought so, I quite liked the black hole look it left...but I had planned to fill it so fill it I will!
I have finished one, I'll post it in my gallery at some point tomorrow.need sleep and I'm sporting a very fetching bloodshot eye, will not be impressed if I've caught the dreaded conjunctivitis, especially since my handwash has been with me everywhere I go :)

Vicki Z
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
AWESOME cards received from mariloupatch.:notworthy:
Your scan does NOT do these justice.
There are even more AWESOME in person.

Thank you so much for the trunk photos.
You have tracked down some spectacular trunks and chests.

Thank you also for the FAB hostie card.

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
I added bones and my as yet unfinished chest to my gallery when I've filled I'll change the picture :D

Vicki Z
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Lovely cards,pixiecorpse.
Even the black hole is quite compelling.

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Hehe see what I mean, I might have some legs dangling out of it

Vicki Z
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Is this the harry potter/mad eye moody trunk, or is there another coming?

marilou
02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
A trunk full of eye balls, mmmm

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Hehe no harry potters not finished yet, that's a moving one :D can't draw them all where's the fun in that hehe.
I almost put some eyes in a trunk, didn't want to overdo it, did some eyeball flowers for a different swap hehe

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I was quite proud of it myself hehe,I've been meaning to knit some eyeballs to put into a box for my sister. When I've finished some swaps I may start it again hehe

Vicki Z
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Cards received from Crystallized.

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I've got some 3" boxes to put the eyeballs in, oh yes she'll love it she loves zombies and stuff, thinking about making her a zombie doll too just need to get my hands on some red velcro so I can remove the arms, saying that I was supposed to knit her some gameboy wristwarmers for xmas n still not done them hehe :D

Vicki Z
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I have never seen red velcro, just black and white.
I did successfully make white velcro red by soaking it in red food coloring and letting it dry.

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
hmmmm that may have to be what I have to do, or snaps so they 'pop' off

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
I ordered some paper fasteners/brads from ebay :D it had to be done

Vicki Z
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
hmmmm that may have to be what I have to do, or snaps so they 'pop' off

Snaps sound like a good idea, too..

I ordered some paper fasteners/brads from ebay :D it had to be done

I am not sure how paper fasteners/brads will work.
But I am sure you have plan:laugh:

pixiecorpse
02-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow! That is fantastic!!!

pixiecorpse
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Closed it looks like its escaped from your vamp swap :D

pixiecorpse
02-12-2012, 06:03 AM
They are very cool ideas lol, need to get my brain in gear and get my potter trunk done. I filled my empty trunk ish :D

DenaCottrell
02-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Vicki,
I would like to participate.
Thanks
Dena

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I need to get my luggage vibe going, so many swaps so many cards to make :D

Vicki Z
02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Vicki,
I would like to participate.
Thanks
Dena

Welcome DenaCottrell.
So glad you are feeling better and can join us again.
There are lots of samples posted to help your Muse get back into the groove:D

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
ooh thats fantastic!!!! and everytime I see your work I think I really dont have enough supplies lol

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I was thinking I need more rubber stamps and collaged images....
Hehe thank you for reminding me...I'm getting to it I promise! Don't want to have to withdraw from any :D
Getting to work!

Gerry
02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Yayyy managed to get another card finished last night, thats 3 done, At this rate I should be able to post by the end of the week. :D

Vicki Z
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
That sounds great, Gerry.
Can't wait to see what you have created.

pixiecorpse
02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Yay very excited to see them gerry! I did some more work on my potter trunk and then realised it won't fit into an atc sleeve with my little pull tab attachment grrrrr

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 03:03 AM
I finished my potter trunk, I even added an extra drawer, posted pics in the gallery the pics are a bit rubbish haven't had chance to scan yet...but you get the idea, and hoping my corners stay stuck down they've been a pain in the bum I tells you!

Vicki Z
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome Magdapalka, both to this site and to my swap.
I have signed you up.
If you have any questions, please ask.
We are a friendly group and always willing to help.

Vicki Z
02-15-2012, 07:23 AM
I finished my potter trunk, I even added an extra drawer, posted pics in the gallery the pics are a bit rubbish haven't had chance to scan yet...but you get the idea, and hoping my corners stay stuck down they've been a pain in the bum I tells you!

This is very clever.
You really put a lot of work into this!
Can't wait to see this one in person

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Ooh I bloody did! Thank you for noticing, doesn't help I was rubbish at technical drawing at school with a creepy teacher lol, and I can't cut straight to save my life so I'm very proud of it :D

Gerry
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Here is one of mine, opened and closed. A jewellery box.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/small/1_Img_0970.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/small/1_Img_0971.jpg

Vicki Z
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
That is AWESOME. Gerry.
You have hinged the lid differently than I have ever seen it done, and I LOVE the hanging key.
Very, very cool.
Thank you for posting a picture.

Gerry
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Here are another 2 but I have left these closed so that they are a surprise.:D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/small/1_Img_0972.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/small/1_Img_0973.jpg

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Wow Gerry those are fantastic!!! Oh but now I want to know what's inside! :D I'm terrible at surprises hehe

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I would sneakily unwrap a bit of sellotape on my presents so I could peek at what santa left before mum got up hehe I was terrible!

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I would sneakily unwrap a bit of sellotape on my presents so I could peek at what santa left before mum got up hehe I was terrible!

I am shocked!!!:shocked:
I would NEVER do that - only like EVERY Christmas:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Hehe I don't do it now, but then I don't get many surprises lol.
Oh my brads came today, they're freaking huge so I think I might have to make some paper dolls hehe and practice with them until I get some smaller ones...but at least I can be practising while I wait :D

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I will be sending out something to you shortly.
I can usuallly put a few things (like small brads) in with the cards before I activate the next postage charge for weight.
Do you have a color preference?

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh thank you so much, I was just going to ask if you got yours from somewhere on line. Any colour but brass would be wonderful! :D

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I buy them at the local craft store.
They are called "mini brads".

You may even want to make some farm animals that move for Gerry's swap.
I was planning to send you an assortment of colors, but if you make an animal that moves,
you might want 2 or 3 of the same color, like all pinks if you make a pig???
Let me know.

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks vicki! :D
Hehe I've still got a few of gerrys cards to make, so I better start making my parts :D

Gerry
02-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey pixie, I can send a few brads to you too if you want some. Just let me know.

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Ahh I never thought of that, black would be good, that could work for cows and dogs and pigs and horses ooh and sheep, ooh and a tractor oh dear so much to do!

Gerry
02-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Ok got my last opening box made then decided to add a bit of decoration to the box and completely ruined it, so I am having to start it again from scratch :arghh:

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Oh no! That's terrible! Think that's why I'm dragging my heels with the last few of mine...got so many practice boxes its scary hehe

Vicki Z
02-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Ahh I never thought of that, black would be good, that could work for cows and dogs and pigs and horses ooh and sheep, ooh and a tractor oh dear so much to do!

I don't know that a tractor would be good, unless you add wheels and submit it for Gerry's "Things that Spin" swap.

I think gerry said farm animals down on the farm.
And although my tractor spits at me, and I swear at it, I don't think that qualifies it as an animal:biglaugh:

In fact, you are not signed up for the "Things that Spin" swap, and that would give you some additional practice at making things that move. Here is the link, if interested: NO PRESSURE!!!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22150&highlight=spin

Vicki Z
02-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Ok got my last opening box made then decided to add a bit of decoration to the box and completely ruined it, so I am having to start it again from scratch :arghh:

Oh, how awful.:cry:
Can use an opaque paint and paint over the decoration, and re-decorate it?
That might be quicker than starting over. . . . .

Gerry
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Too late, I tore it up in frustration..I am afraid toothache make me very grumpy ..

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh no toothache is the worst ever!!!

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep I thought after writing that it was just animals, good job I scrapped the idea of a fold out farmer too hehe...
Hehe one minute your telling me I've signed up to lots the next your making me sign up to more hehe but I will think about it :D

Vicki Z
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Hmmmmmm
"Make" you sign up?:shocked::shocked:
I am pretty certain I said "NO PRESSURE"

I was encouraging you to stretch your boundries when you caught up.
Plus I was trying to keep you from sending in a card (tractor) that didn't fit swap criteria! :arghh:

Gee, what are friends for?:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 05:04 AM
Awww I am sorry! I didn't mean it that way. Signed up though, doesn't help I've got my sister requesting birthday cards n stuff either lol, but most of the unposted swaps I only have 1 or 2 more to do so its not a problem :D

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I've had a similar problem Gerry, I stuck all my bits into my case and now it won't fold as its too thick....going to see if I can unstick them and do them again on thinner paper :D

Vicki Z
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
From your comments, it sounds like you are gluing bits directly across the fold.
Try putting your pieces and images above and/or below the fold, not across the fold.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks vicki! Think its more I tried to stick too much inside and over the fold so bits were coming unstuck! I'm not giving up though :D

Gerry
02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
All my cards are now finished and will be in the post tomorrow..yayyyy

Vicki Z
02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks vicki! Think its more I tried to stick too much inside and over the fold so bits were coming unstuck! I'm not giving up though :D

YIPPEEEE for perseverence.:D

Vicki Z
02-20-2012, 07:18 AM
All my cards are now finished and will be in the post tomorrow..yayyyy

FAB-U-LOUS for finished!:yes::laugh:

pixiecorpse
02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Thank you I managed to unstick a few bits and re stick one above and below the fold, it doesn't look too bad now I'll post pics later, and I finished another one too only 2 more to go woop!!!

Vicki Z
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
It is good to hear that cards are getting completed.
I was beginning to worry that everyone's Muse was taking a vacation.

pixiecorpse
02-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Hehe mine better not! Too many swaps to do :D

Gerry
02-21-2012, 11:03 AM
The main problem I have is making enough cards that will give you a headache when choosing a host card..hehehhe

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Welcome to my swap and to this site.
Please read the rules and recommendations on the first page to get started.
Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
AWESOME cards received from Irva.
LOVE all the detail - books with titles, a box that opens, a book that opens with pictures.
Beautiful ATCs.
Thank you so much for the hostie card.

Gerry
02-24-2012, 12:17 PM
to whom do i send the cards.. ?????
Hanne Alice

Vicki Z will send you her address when she comes back online. :D

Vicki Z
02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Thank you, Gerry, for filling in.
Hanne Alice, I am sending you my address via PM

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 06:13 AM
AWESOME suitcases just delivered, all the way from England, created by Gerry.
Such fabulous wicker cases.
Such wonderful contents.
Such marvelous art.
So, cool, Gerry.
Wonderful, wonderful.
Thank you for the hostie card and the other goodies and the postage.
All are greatly appreciated.

Did I mention the suitcases are really fantastic?

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Awwww no fair lol you get to see and your so cryptic! I was going to upload mine but I forgot, going to make the other 2 this weekend :D

Gerry
02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
yayyyy they arrived safely, I do hope I have given you a massive headache choosing which one to keep as a hostie card..:biglaugh:

Pixiecorpse sorry you didnt get to know about the insides, but you never know you might get one as a return,.:laugh:

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Awwww no fair lol you get to see and your so cryptic! I was going to upload mine but I forgot, going to make the other 2 this weekend :D

You "forgot" to upload yours, or because I am so crypic about Gerry's suitcases, you ""forgot"" . . . ? ? ? ? ? :skeptical:

Gerry's cards are great!
The toybox has toys in it.
I don't know how she knew, but the toys inside were some of my childhood faves.

The other wicker one with the straps is an English picnic basket, packed for afternoon tea. It is sooooo cool, with an English teapot and gold edged teacups.

Funny, just this past summer our local shop was selling Englinsh picnic baskets - wicker basket, packed with plates, cups, saucers, and forks, spoons, knives, for four people to picnic, and I fell in love, and bought one. Now I have one in ATC form:yes:

I think Gerry has my house under camera and knows what I am doing.:biglaugh:

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 10:07 AM
yayyyy they arrived safely, I do hope I have given you a massive headache choosing which one to keep as a hostie card..:biglaugh:

Pixiecorpse sorry you didnt get to know about the insides, but you never know you might get one as a return,.:laugh:

Yes, you gave me a headache.
How am I going to choose just ONE hostie card ????????
I want the tea set
I want the toy box
I want the jewelry box with the silver key
I want the surprise box

Good thing I bought another bottle of headache pills.
I did give a hint of what was inside two of them.
Hope that was okay.

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
It was a little of both the pics I had ready to upload were both open and the closed ones were attached to other pics for other swaps, I have them grouped in pairs so I can just order 6x4s as prints then cut them all out :D

It does seem like gerrys watching you...maybe we all are like the truman show do you pass the same events every morning? :D

Oh thank you for the info I feel so much better knowing what's inside even just 2 of them! :D

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 01:31 PM
No, you already saw the jewelry box, both open and closed, so you know what is inside 3 of the 4 boxes.
Let's be fair

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 01:33 PM
It does seem like gerrys watching you...maybe we all are like the truman show do you pass the same events every morning? :D

Watching me??????
EEEEEK
I better take off my fuzzy bunny slippers and put on some lipstick:laugh:

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh yes that jewellery box is wonderful! I'm blaming my stupidity today on too much sugar!

I can't remember the last time I wore lipstick! I'd keep the bunny slippers on! They look cool...erm I mean I'm sure they look cool! :D

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
:laugh::biglaugh:
(as she nervously hunted for the camera)

Gerry
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I can see the glue on your fingers and paper bits all over the floor..You are just like me. Untidy when crafting. Ohh and the slippers are cute too,.:biglaugh:
I will take your comments as a thumbs up for my cards...I am really pleased you like them.

Vicki Z
02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Hmmmmmm,
didn't mean to leave you guessing about my feelings toward your cards........
A few posts ago, and in your itrade, I said

AWESOME suitcases just delivered, all the way from England, created by Gerry.
Such fabulous wicker cases.
Such wonderful contents.
Such marvelous art.
So, cool, Gerry.
Wonderful, wonderful.

Did I mention the suitcases are really fantastic?
Yes, I like them.

Vicki Z
02-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for mailing your cards early, Hanne Alice.
It always takes longer for International mail to travel.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive safely.

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm just finishing my last 2 so I can get them in the mail to you mid week at the latest :D

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Welcome Barbara F.
I have signed you up.
I also sent you my address via PM so you have it handy when you are ready to mail your cards.

Welcome MamaMallino,both to this site and to this swap.
I have signed you up.

Please note that this swap ends March 23, or only 3 weeks from today, so you need to get your cards created, and mailed with at least 4-5 days figured in for mail transit.

If you have any questions, please ask.
We are a friendly group, and always try to help.

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Wow! Magdapalka they are fantastic!!!! I'd be happy to have your suitcase ;) think vicki would too :D

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM
pix, you are getting to know me much too well!!!

Magdapalka, your suicases are fantastic.
They are NOT too thick.
Please send them in.
It is AWESOME to have a really openable suitcase.
I look forward to meeting your cards in person.

Thank you for posting pictures so we can all drool and be inspired.

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Seeing them makes me think mine are rubbish but that's a good thing means I have to try harder :D

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Trying harder is a good thing, and that is how we all grow,
but,
your trunks are NOT rubbish.

I am already totally, hopelessly, in love with your HP trunk, and all I have seen are partial pictures!!!

Take a deep breath, take another.
It is fine.
Your cards are all FAB.

Now, feel better?

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Awww thanks, it is good to try harder though :D

pixiecorpse
03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok so I was happily sticking my bits onto and inside my case and not really thinking about what I was doing.
And then I step back and realise I've just filled a case with a bear,giraffe and a lemur...looks a bit gruesome :/

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Ok so I was happily sticking my bits onto and inside my case and not really thinking about what I was doing.
And then I step back and realise I've just filled a case with a bear,giraffe and a lemur...looks a bit gruesome :/

The mind goes crazy with the images:laugh:
Hope they don't get too friendly while in the case, or by the time I receive them, there could be a tall, spotted, bearaffe with a monkey's tail:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Hehe that's true! I need to put a couple of final touches to the outside and I finished my other one so yippee! All done!!!

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
That sounds wonderful!!!!
There is still 2 1/2 weeks to due date, but I always worry about international players and their mail transit times, which can be up to a week.
(Although the last cards you sent only took 3 days to reach me.):D

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I know I worry about it too! Plus there's the weather to factor in, I sent some cards to italy and san diego on the same day, took 2 days to get to SD and the others are still not there and that was over a fortnight ago :(

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
What is this about your post office having no power yesterday?
Does that mean no electricity?
And why are they not open due to no electricity?

When our electricity went out, our post office stayed open. They pull all the blinds, light by sunlight, but cannot take any credit cards because of no electricity to send the authorization information. They just did everything the "old fashioned" way, but it appeared that a few of the clerks forgot how to count change without the cash register telling them how much change to give back.:yes:

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Well sunday the local supermarkets electric went out so we had to traipse in the rain to another more pricey store to buy some bits n bobs (I only wanted margerine really)
Then monday some more shops around the corner had no power post office included, thought it was odd though as the bakery, betting shop and an arcade in the middle of the row was fine and open ok.
My post office uses electric scales to weigh everything and so I couldn't post anything as I don't have any either (putting them on the xmas list) and some of them were more heavy than I usually send so I couldn't have just bought stamps.it was open again today but the queues were HUGE and george has a fever so didn't want to hang about today...
Plus it means I'll give them more work when I go next time hehehehe

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I bought a food-weighing scale (the type diet-ers use) that goes to .000 on weight, weighs in grams or in ounces, and was cheaper than a postal scale. It runs on re-chargeable batteries, so unless I need to recharge the batteries, electricity isn't a problem.

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I think that's what I want to get too! Would make my life so much easier, and then I can just go to the post office for stamps and not have to stand there being questioned about what's in my envelopes!
You know if I said it was an atc inside even just 1 they'd charge a flat fee of 2.07 if I say its a letter its 1.10 to post 4 and 1.65 to post 7 to usa, but these have more bits on them so my pricing goes out the window hehe

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
We have some strange rules, too, which is why I bought a scale.
My food scale weighs in grams and in ounces, so I weigh the ATCs, then put them on a lighter weight, or a heavier weight, backing, so the total weight is below 1 ounce. I have backing cards that go from .09 oz to .25 oz, so I have a range.
Then I also measure thickness, because if the total thickness of the envy is over 1/4 inch, it costs 20 cents additional, added to the postage being charged, based on weight.
That is the reason I stagger the ATCs when I send them back, because it would cost 20 cents, to 40 cents, additional, per envelope, if the ATCs were stacked, to mail out.

Why does a letter cost less than an ATC?
Is that considered a "gift" or something?

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
We have that weird thickness rule too but it only applies to stuff sent in the uk.
Its an odd thing that if I said it was an atc inside they class it as printed paper,so they charge more. If I was to send 15 out in one go I'd tell them what it was because the 2.0z rule works in my favour then, but if I said it was a big letter they'd charge me 2.65....I really should buy those scales hehe then I can just check everything on the royal mail website and not collapse in shock in the post office when she tells me the total lol!

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
It is not too late, leann, but you do have less time to complete your cards than the others, because you are joining later.

Cards are due IN MY HANDS March 23, or slightly less than 3 weeks from today.
This means you have approximately 2 weeks to create your cards, and approximately 1 week to mail your card and have them arrive in my hands.

I have sent you my address via PM so you have it available when your cards are complete.
Remember, you have less than 3 weeks.
Please let me know if this is too tight a schedule for you to get your cards completed.

pixiecorpse
03-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Wow that was fast leann!!! Going to scan my last 2 tonight so I can post them off for you tomorrow I promise :cute:

Vicki Z
03-07-2012, 09:32 AM
That was fast, leann.
Can't wait to see what you have created.
Thank you for mailing early.

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 06:24 AM
They're in the mail, I'll upload the pics later, had to just go with 3 in the end the animals in the case wouldn't fold properly and bits kept falling off, so at the moment your getting 3 unseen as I've left the 2 out that were just drawings :D

Vicki Z
03-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Too bad about the animals, but I will let you know when the rest arrive.

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I know I really should remember that layering them with a fold is not a good idea at all!!!!