Book Page Backgrounds 4 – Play It Again! Due Mar 15

Color on the book page?

Hey Tracy, just to clarify...the book page can have paint or ink on it, yes? Let's say I put a wash of color on it but you can still read all the words, is that OK? Even though I've done a book page swap with you before, I wanted to clarify. Recently another host (who will remain unnamed) sent back my cards saying I didn't follow the specifications (although with a re-reading of the rules I still thought I had complied). So now I'm feeling a little snakebit and would like to double check with you before I proceed.
Laurie

Laurie....awesome question! Yes, please do paint, ink, collage, or whatever else you'd like to do on the book page. Use it as background. Cover the whole card with a book page then let your imagination run wild. Think of the book page like your canvas. Make sure some of it is still visible (through the paint is fine) but all of it doesn't have to be.

The biggest caution for everyone on this swap is to keep the embellishments FLAT, flat , flat. No raised embellishments please. Getting to the post office to have things weighed and stamped is VERY difficult where I live. I have the system down of what works postage wise for how I package.

Please feel free to asking anything here. :)

Thanks again, Laurie!

My cards are finished! Busy months ahead, so I do not want to be late
View attachment 91379 from an old french prayers book

View attachment 91380Scent of Coffee from Quick Service by PG Woodhouse

View attachment 91381Das Altes Jahr, about the end of an old and the beginning of a new Year

View attachment 91382The Journey from The moon and sixpence by W S Maugham
It was great fun to find the perfect page, and as this is swap nr 4, may by there
will be a nr 5???

Last edited:
Ok Tracy - enough is enough - I think you are the host for 3 of the swaps on my - "Hmmm this looks like a good swap" list. Gee you just don't even give us players with no willpower a chance. haha So I guess I'll be adding this one to the list too and as soon as I get myself all caught up I'm sure I'll be back with some cards.

But seriously - thanks for coming up with wonderful topics and for always being such an awesome host!!

One question - the swap is a Book Page Background Swap and in your instructions you say "make your background from a real book page" - you made me scratch my head is there a fake book page?

Last edited:
Haha -maybe I'm one of those very literal people - if it says book page then it means a page from a book. Don't I feel a little naive - thanks for setting me straight on the fake thing mariloupatch.

If you need some pages, just yell...I have plenty of old books I was planning
to bring to the recycling park

Thanks for answering mariloupatch! :) Yes, ICraft, folks have asked in each book page swap if they can use a copy of a book page instead of a real book page. We're the real deal here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom