PDA

View Full Version : Things that spin Swap - due March 25th

Gerry
01-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Swap Due Date 25th March
Number of ATCs - 3 for 3
Number of Players - unlimited
Medium – Open - but no photographs or digital, please ask if you are not sure.

Things that spin Swap
Make 3 cards that feature things that spin and make them spin, you could make it simple with a brad in the middle allowing the item to spin, or some other way to make them move.
Suggestions ;
A vehicle with wheels that spin
A baby pram with wheels that spin
An airplane with spinning propeller
A childs windmill
A windmill
A spinning flower head.
If you feel adventurous maybe you could make a card with something rolling along the card using the penny method.

Now for the boring but important bits.
1. You can make your cards with any medium but please put a little thought into your work.
2. For this swap please do not use stickers as the main picture, small ones as embellishments are fine.
3. No Photographs, and originals only please
4. Please try to keep the cards flat, as I would hate to have your work mangled in the post machine, so no bulky beads or brads etc.
5. If you are using brads then please try to use the flatter sort. You might have to send your cards in a small padded envelope.
5. All cards must have swap and user names on the back and be in plastic sleeves.
6. All cards must be 2.5” x 3.5”

International players- Please send a hidden $1 if you have one, otherwise I will pay postage back.
All participants, please include an address label or slip of paper with your address on it.
I will supply the envelopes for all participants.
UK players – please include a label with loose stamps.
Any not arriving on time, not made with thought, not the right size or not on theme, will be returned, if you are not sure please ask before posting.
Note that I am in the UK, so cards will take a little longer to get to me, so allow plenty of posting time.

1. Gerry - returns arrived
2. VickiZ - returns arrived
3. Mariloupatch - arrived
4. Gwen - returns arrived
5. creativemeemee -returns arrived
6. Jiliyan - withdrawn
7. Scwk0511 - returns arrived
8. Catscradle - withdrawn
9. FlyingPhoenix -returns arrived
10. Locatray - returns arrived
11.pixiecorpse -returns arrived
12. suzieq77 no cards or communication
13. Madlou23 returns arrived

Gerry
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Who is ready to get spinning with this swap?:D

Vicki Z
01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I am!!!!
Meeeeeee!

Err, I mean, please sign me up.

marilou
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Great idea Gerry, sign me up.

Gerry
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I am!!!!
Meeeeeee!

Err, I mean, please sign me up.

Thanks Vicki, I just knew this would be irresistable to you..:biglaugh:

Gerry
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Great idea Gerry, sign me up.

Thanks for joining, I am sure the cards are going to be awesome in this swap.:yes:

Gerry
01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
What about a man with a spinning bow tie or moustache, it doesnt have to be a wheel or circle to spin.:D

marilou
01-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Gerry...do not spoil my imagination:D

Gerry
01-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Gerry...do not spoil my imagination:D

:laugh: Just giving a few pointers to kick start a few imaginations.:yes:

Gerry
01-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for joining Gwen, I have added you :D

Gerry
01-15-2012, 12:48 PM
In pennance for keeping Duke Dog, I also created Esprsso Rabbit.
His legs move as he runs - he is fully caffinated.:yes::laugh:

LOVE it Vicki, I never thought of that so now I have more ideas running around my head.:confused:

Gerry
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
The idea of a spinning bow tie or moustache certainly kick started my imagination.:D
In fact, I just created a portrait of the Dapper Duke of Dogdom with his spinning bow tie.
Unfortunately, I LOVE him so much, I am keeping him, so he will not be submitted for this swap.:sad:

I must admit I dont think I would have been able to have let him go either. :yes:

Gerry
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
This sounds like fun, something different. I would love to join!!.

Great to have you join in the fun creativemeemee. :D

marilou
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
wow my imagination starts running WILD!
Fab Rabitts!

Gerry
01-16-2012, 05:05 PM
please include me

Thanks for joining jiliyan, I am sure you will have loads of fun making these,:yes:

Gerry
01-16-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_spinning_bear.jpg

Heres my first card, just to show how easy they are to make. A bear with a spinning bowtie. if using brads please try to use ones that are not too raised if possible. :D

ICraft
01-16-2012, 10:29 PM
VickiZ doesn't even realize this but it was one of her swaps that got me interested in moving ATCs - they are so fun. For now I'm going to just keep my eye on the swap but I'll hopefully be back to join as soon as I get some other commitments done - I know this swap will be awesome.

Gerry
01-17-2012, 04:28 AM
VickiZ doesn't even realize this but it was one of her swaps that got me interested in moving ATCs - they are so fun. For now I'm going to just keep my eye on the swap but I'll hopefully be back to join as soon as I get some other commitments done - I know this swap will be awesome.

Yes it was Vicki who got me addicted to moving cards too, they are so much fun.:D

I hope you find time to come back and join us. :yes:

Vicki Z
01-17-2012, 07:29 AM

Yes, Vicki Z DOES realize she got you interested!:yes:

Yes it was Vicki who got me addicted to moving cards too, they are so much fun.:D

And it is always GREAT to introduce people to things I LOVE that are also fun for them. :laugh:

Gerry
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow great cards Vicki, and no I wouldnt have known you like moving cards unless you told me :biglaugh:

Gerry
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Thats great Vicki, I LOVE it, you are coming up with ideas that I didnt even think off..

Gerry
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry I have been unwell these last few days but hope to be back to full speed soon.
Is there anyone else would like to join. Moving cards are great fun to make.

scwk0511
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
ok, count me in!

Gerry
01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
ok, count me in!

Yayyyy thanks for joining, I am sure you will love making these cards.
I finished another one this morning before work and will be posting it tonight.
Mine are not as complicated as the ones VIcki is making but they dont need to be hard, just spinning & turning...

Vicki Z
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Mine are not complicated.:shocked:
They just have pictures glued to a wheel, and the wheel spins and turns.:yes:

Gerry
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Mine are not complicated.:shocked:
They just have pictures glued to a wheel, and the wheel spins and turns.:yes:

Thats the trouble, when you are not well, everything is an effort to get your head round, I am sure once I am feeling better I shall be able to concentrate better. :D

Gerry
01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I could have sworn I saw some snowmen with spinning faces on here, I really must be poorly if I am hallucinating.

Gerry
01-23-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_wheelbarrow.jpg

Here is another of my cards, a Wheelbarrow that has a wheel that moves.

marilou
01-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Vicki, LOVELY snowman, and Gerry, the wheelbarrow.... mine ?????

Gerry
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Vicki, LOVELY snowman, and Gerry, the wheelbarrow.... mine ?????

I will put a mark against that one for you..:yes:

Gerry
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Sooooper doooooper spinning cards arrived from VickiZ, THanks for the postage and the extra card, this is going to be a hard decision. :D

How is everyone else doing?

Gerry
01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Other things that spin or turn is a record/cd, an electric fan, a childs roundabout.
A spinning top or maybe a roulette wheel.
Dont forget to actually make the thing spin..by either a brad or some other means, check out the posts by VIcki Z with her samples in them.

Cat's Cradle
01-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Sign me up, please!

MountainsAndClouds
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Haha wow! I am so inspired by these spinning beauties... I have to lurk for now as things are a little busy, but I'm sure I'll eventually give in to my inner paper mechanic....

Gerry
01-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Haha wow! I am so inspired by these spinning beauties... I have to lurk for now as things are a little busy, but I'm sure I'll eventually give in to my inner paper mechanic....

Lurkers welcome, hope your inner paper machanic wins, and you come back to join in the fun.:D

Gerry
01-30-2012, 04:27 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Sign me up, please!

Welcome cats cradle, I have signed you up. I am sure you will have great fun making these cards..:yes:

marilou
01-30-2012, 06:33 AM
Gerry, 2 are ready, 2 more to go

Vicki Z
01-30-2012, 07:53 AM
LOVE that Dutch Windmill!!
And the patterned paper on the building is inspired!
Makes it look so realistic - like a real stone structure!

Gerry
01-30-2012, 08:15 AM
I agree with Vicki, your cards are lovely Mariloupatch.:D

Cat's Cradle
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
All of the cards here are so much fun!

I love playing with paper and brads, so I'm sure I'll have fun putting these together. :D

marilou
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Thank you Ladies!!! Here are the other 2, the hands of the clock are made out of metal
copper colour, the colour wheel has 3 parts that spins

Gerry
01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Mariloupatch, your cards are great and I am looking forward to seeing them in r/l. I hope you had lots of fun making them.:D

Gerry
01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Gwen, lovely cards, I really love the little hand holding onto the windmill in the first pictures. :D

sabrinalouisemiller
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi! I have a question what is the "penny method". When I googled it all I got were birth control and marijuana hits, I'm assuming that's not what you mean...

marilou
01-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Oh yes Gerry, once I got started......it was great fun! Thanks for the swap.
And you ladies thanks for your kindness, blushing!

Gerry
01-31-2012, 05:00 AM
Hi! I have a question what is the "penny method". When I googled it all I got were birth control and marijuana hits, I'm assuming that's not what you mean...

Hi there, the penny method is when you stick a penny to the back of the spinner and it will 'roll' across your card. Here is an instruction video, I am sure there are many more to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4IrNFd_rc&feature=player_detailpage

Cat's Cradle
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
That is really cool. And it looks fairly easy to do as well!

sabrinalouisemiller
02-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi there, the penny method is when you stick a penny to the back of the spinner and it will 'roll' across your card. Here is an instruction video, I am sure there are many more to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4IrNFd_rc&feature=player_detailpage

Okay, that is really cool! Thanks for linking the video ... I was really lost at what the penny method was and so curious. :yes:
I am going to try making some of these cards . I may be back for this swap!

Gerry
02-01-2012, 03:36 AM
hope you decide to join, its great fun making moving cards once you start. There are a couple of MMH moving card threads as well, I will post the links later if anyone is interested, its great if you are collecting certain themes in moving cards.

Gerry
02-01-2012, 09:00 AM
HEre are the 2 links for the MMH (make me happy) moving card threads. If you have caught the moving atc bug this is a good way to get a fix. :D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9588

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12170

Vicki Z is up in both of them and waiting for someone to Make her happy..:yes:

Gerry
02-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Cards arrived from Mariloupatch today, the pictures didnt do them justice, great cards.:D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Did I mention that I really, really like her Dutch Windmill?
I mean really, really, really!

Gerry
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Did I mention that I really, really like her Dutch Windmill?
I mean really, really, really!

No I dont think you did, :biglaugh: but I will make a note..:yes:

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm thinking you're gonna get some sports ball cards from me. :yes:

My kids all play soccer, and my older daughter plays basketball. I can do all sorts of fun stuff with those, plus volleyball and baseball!! And .08 is nothing. I have a penny jar. ;)

Gerry
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm thinking you're gonna get some sports ball cards from me. :yes:

My kids all play soccer, and my older daughter plays basketball. I can do all sorts of fun stuff with those, plus volleyball and baseball!! And .08 is nothing. I have a penny jar. ;)

That sounds good to me, I have a couple of the rolling cards that were made for me last year and they are really fun to tilt and watch them spin,:D

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I meant to ask,
What is a child's roundabout?
You listed it earlier as something that spins.
We have traffic roundabouts here, but they are not for children, so I must be thinking of the wrong thing.
Is that a British term I am not familiar with?

Gerry
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I am sure you have them in the USA probably under a different name. Like boot is trunk and petrol is gas..
They are in playgrounds and children sit or stand on them as they spin around.

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks.
Now I know what you mean.

Cat's Cradle
02-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Ah! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/character/smiley-vault-character-232.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/) Roundabout = merry-go-round!

FlyingPhoenix
02-06-2012, 08:11 AM
This is an AMAZING idea! Love it! I'll play!

Gerry
02-06-2012, 08:18 AM
This is an AMAZING idea! Love it! I'll play!

Welcome FlyingPhoenix, They are fun to make and very addictive, you will soon be looking for more moving threads to join.
Any questions dont hesitate to ask, and please remember to read the thread rules before posting, so nothing gets missed.
Above all have FUN.:yes:

Gerry
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Still time to join if you want to have a go at a moving atc, can be as simple as you want such as a circle and a flat brad made into a wheel or wheels on a car etc. or take a look at the cards posted for inspiration. Its great fun. and addictive.

I know I posted these links earlier but here are the 2 links for the MMH (make me happy) moving card threads. If you have caught the moving atc bug this is a good way to get a fix.

Vicki Z is up in both of them and waiting for someone to Make her happy..:D

locatray
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Gerry- I would like to join. Pls add me to the list. And wish me luck ;) This will be a new adventure for me, but I'm excited!!

Gerry
02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Gerry- I would like to join. Pls add me to the list. And wish me luck ;) This will be a new adventure for me, but I'm excited!!

Great to have you join Laura, I knew you would get the bug once you joined in the MMH thread. :yes:

Gerry
02-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I am hoping to make some more moving cards to show this weekend, they really are fun to make. Would love to see any cards already made. :yes:

Gerry
02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
I made another card -- Pilot Bush Bear.
Easy, Peasy, and the propeller spins.

Vicki I dont know how, but I missed the pilot bush picture:cry:, thanks for putting it on as a sample, its giving me lots of ideas.:yes:

Gerry
02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Ok, I am determined to get my last card finished for this swap, I know I have time as I dont have to send them by post...hehehe Thats the best thing about being in your own swaps..

Gerry
02-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Please would players make sure they read the swap rules, as all hosts have slightly different ones.
Its always best to reread the first post to make sure everything is ok and included before closing your envelope on any swap.
Also please make sure your cards are on theme, I hate to send back cards but for this theme the cards must actually spin.

Thanks to everyone who have sent in spinning cards already, they are great and the returns are going to be amazing.

Gerry
02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
How is everyone getting on?
I still have one more to make, I am thinking of making a motorbike with moving wheels, but its all in my head at the moment..

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Can I sign up please....vicki sent me over :D

Gerry
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Can I sign up please....vicki sent me over :D

Of course you can pixie, I know how you are getting into these moving cards.:D

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you Gerry, I want to make a tractor, and can't do it for your farm swap so I had to join really :D

pixiecorpse
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I have a question Gerry, a pirate ship like at the fair is it classed as something that spins, I'm not sure that's why I'm asking before I make 1 :D

Gerry
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I have a question Gerry, a pirate ship like at the fair is it classed as something that spins, I'm not sure that's why I'm asking before I make 1 :D

Yes it does spin, though not all the way around, well only if it goes to far..hehehe
So yes a pirate ship would be awesome.

pixiecorpse
02-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Woohoo! Now I just hope I can pull it off :D

Gerry
02-21-2012, 08:32 AM
suzieq77

Welcome Suzieq its great to have you join in the swap, I will sign you up.
Please be sure to read the first post and if there is anything you are not sure of , just ask.:D

Gerry
02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
How is everyone getting on? I have finished my 3rd card which is a motorbike with spinning wheels, I will post a picture to the thread tonight:D

pixiecorpse
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm getting all my bits drawn and cut ready for my brads to come from vicki :D

Gerry
02-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Here is my 3rd card, A motorcycle whose wheels spin. The background is made up with coloured in stamps and sharpie pens

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_spinning_wheels.JPG

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 05:56 AM
What a cool looking motorcycle.
Very aerodynamic and modern-looking.
Love it.

Gerry
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
What a cool looking motorcycle.
Very aerodynamic and modern-looking.
Love it.

Thanks Vicki, I based it on the Red and Silver BMW we used to have.

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow! That motorbike is sooo cool!!!

I have a question...do you have the brads sticking through all the way to the back or do do you add card backing later?
I use kinda thick paper, but don't think it would be strong enough to last so would have to back with 2 pieces of card if they tuck in... Would it be too bulky....
Have all my pieces for my pirate ship,tractor and a skateboard :D

Gerry
02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I backed the bike and wheels, with cardboard, then used brads to attache the wheels before it was put on the atc. I attached the bike with very thin decoupage tape, leaving the wheels free to turn. But I think they would still have turned if I had put the bike directly on the atc. Hope this helps.

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes and no lol...my tractor I drew straight onto the paper and the wheels will go on top,I think I might have to tape the ends of the brads to the backing card as they might stab back through the paper...
Thank you for helping :D

locatray
02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
My cards are spinning your way in today's mail, Gerry. Very fun swap!
:spinny:

Gerry
02-27-2012, 06:00 PM
My cards are spinning your way in today's mail, Gerry. Very fun swap!

Love them, really fun spinning cards, looking forward to seeing them in R/L

pixiecorpse
02-27-2012, 06:50 PM
They are fantastic cards locatray!!!!

Gerry
02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I have just bought an old fashioned pram stamp so I am going to have a go at making it into a card with spinning wheels. Watch this thread :laugh:

Gerry
03-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Locatray's cards have arrived, super fun cards, thanks for the extras. :D

Just want to say that you have just over 3 weeks left to get your cards to me.

locatray
03-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Yay! Glad they made it & glad you like them! Fun swap!

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 03:56 AM
My brads arrived yesterday from vicki! Yippee! But hubby went out last night so I watched the last 2 harry potter films and did ironing (can't make cards and watch tv I want to watch hehe)

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 11:35 AM
At least you can iron while you watch TV.
I scorched my blouse watching "Deathly Hallows".:embarrassed:

Fortunately it was a small scorch, and I covered it with an applique.
I actually like my blouse BETTER:D

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 12:03 PM
hehe at least you made it better! It was deathly hallows pts1and 2 I watched,not sure if hubbys shirts are ironed well but at least they're done :D and now back to cards woop! My pirate ship is done, once I've finished a few more cards I can post them to my gallery :D

FlyingPhoenix
03-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Here are mine to add to the mix: ^^

Spinning hands/gear:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/small/1_Spinning_Time.JPG
Spinning needle:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/small/1_Spinning_Compass.JPG
Spinning Prop:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/small/1_Spinning_Prop_Sunset.JPG
Spinning Flower heads:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/small/1_Spinning_Flowers.JPG

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Ooh they are fantastic Flying pheonix!!!!

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
hehe at least you made it better! It was deathly hallows pts1and 2 I watched,not sure if hubbys shirts are ironed well but at least they're done :D and now back to cards woop! My pirate ship is done, once I've finished a few more cards I can post them to my gallery :D

I am so anxious to see that pirate ship!!

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Well I can take an ok photo with my phone and upload it to my gallery,I'll go do it now :D

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Done it :D

Gerry
03-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Here are mine to add to the mix: ^^

Wow great cards, I like them all. I have sent you my address and am looking forward to seeing them in r/l.

Gerry
03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Pixiecorpse that pirate ship is great, it spins really well.:D
We are getting some great cards made for this swap, hopefully we will have a few more converts to moving cards.. Dont forget their is a couple of MMH moving threads and I think me and Vicki are both waiting for takers in them.:D

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh Pixiecorpse, that pirate ship is AWESOME!:notworthy:

My brain was having trouble visualizing what you were talking about, but now that I see it, I don't know why I couldn't figure it out.:embarrassed:

Thank you for taking the time to take a pict.
LOVE it.

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Thank you both so much! Its nerve racking stuff with it being my first one :D

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM
You did GREAT!
For this being your first one, it is even Great-er-er!!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Hehe think it was beginners luck, my skateboards wheels are a bit small so don't turn quite as well as I'd hoped...now to my tractor :D

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 03:58 PM
It you spread the brad tines too far, and flatten the brads too flat/tight, it makes it more difficult for things (wheels) to turn.
Try loosening the tines/brad "legs" from the back of the card, and see if your wheels turn more easily.

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Think its a bit they were too tight and also there's not much wheel once the brads on hehe, but at least I'm learning something new! :D

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I've finished my cards, I'll scan and upload them tomorrow, and will finish the farm ones so I can mail them all at the same time :D please can I have your address? Thank you :D

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
mine are in the gallery :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=288477

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
AWESOME cards, pixiecorpse.
Love them all, but the pirate ship is still my fave.

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
thanks vicki! I really like it too so I'm going to put it securely in its envelope before i change my mind hehe

Gerry
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Love all your spinning cards Pixiecorpse.
Here is another one of mine, I did have a stamp of a pram but it was too small so ended up drawing it myself.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_pram.jpg

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks gerry, woo! I've got a long way to go though that pram looks fantastic! Wish I had one like that for ted it looks so cool!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Mine have gone postal :D

Gerry
03-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Mine have gone postal :D

Thanks I will look out for them.
THe pram wheels I drew with a compass as I didnt have anything the right size to draw around, I just knew there was a reason I kept it for 40 years.:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Hehe I wish I'd thought of that I had to buy a new one for something...and now its missing again, couldve made my wheels a lot better with it :D

MadLou23
03-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm going to hang around in the shadow here and lurk for a bit while I play with paper...I may jump in at the last moment if my experiments come to life...! lol:wacko:

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 01:08 PM
They'll get you madlou! Once I started ooh they're so much fun!

MadLou23
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
LOL I have already started on my 'moving' journey with a car for Gerry last week! My mind is already buzzing with ideas...am thinking of demolishing a few pop-up books for ideas on construction!! I rarely do anything by halves!!

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Hehe I wish I could get the chance but my kids trash everything before I can get near it!

Gerry
03-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Would love to have you join madlou23, your car was amazing, not only did it have spinning wheels the door even opened.. wow.

Gerry
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Cards arrived form creativemeemee and I LOVE them, someone is in for a treat with their returns. I am loving this swap.:)

MadLou23
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Have made your Flappy bird tonight Gerry for the PIF. Used a design of paper brad that I found in an pop-up book. It actually moves far more easily than the metal ones. So sign me up...consider me well and truely hooked!

Gerry
03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Have made your Flappy bird tonight Gerry for the PIF. Used a design of paper brad that I found in an pop-up book. It actually moves far more easily than the metal ones. So sign me up...consider me well and truely hooked!

yayyyy another convert to moving atcs, cant wait to see what spinning things you come up with.:)

Gerry
03-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Just to let everyone know they have 2 weeks to the swap end on the 25th March. :spinny:
If you are outside the UK you need to be posting them in the next few days.
Ask for my address if you havent got it.

I know I posted these links earlier but here are the 2 links for the MMH (make me happy) moving card threads. If you have caught the moving atc bug this is a good way to get a fix.

pixiecorpse
03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks Gerry! I'll check out the threads later today they are very fun to do!

Vicki Z
03-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Gerry is up in one of the threads, and I am up in the other.
Two of your "favorite" people, who LOVE your cards:notworthy: to make cards for.........:P

pixiecorpse
03-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Hehe well I've just taken Gerrys so better go to the other thread for you too....wouldn't want to be accused of favouritism :D

Gerry
03-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Pixiecorpse, your amazing spinning cards have arrived, another great set for this swap.:)

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Yippee!! So glad they got there ok! And thank you for letting me know :D

marilou
03-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Haven't been looking to this swap for a while, and oh boy lovely cards but Gerry this pram, wow, mine :D ?????

Gerry
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Haven't been looking to this swap for a while, and oh boy lovely cards but Gerry this pram, wow, mine :D ?????

Thanks, I will note you like the pram.

If there are any other players that take a shine to anyones cards, let me know and I will make a note of it.

Gerry
03-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Cards arrived while I was away from. Scwk0511 & Flying Phoenix, wow fantastic cards from both of you, there are some great players in this swap.

Gerry
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Just another reminder that cards should be on their way to me.. they have to be in my hands by the 25th March

Cat's Cradle
03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Gerry, I need to drop, as the cards aren't done and won't make it in time. :no:

Gerry
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Gerry, I need to drop, as the cards aren't done and won't make it in time. :no:

Sorry to see go, but I do understand, hope to see you in another of my swaps.

MadLou23
03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Mine are done and will hit the post tomorrow...should get to you in plent of time! :)

Gerry
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Mine are done and will hit the post tomorrow...should get to you in plent of time! :)

Great, I will look out for them.:)

Gerry
03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Madlou23, your cards arrived today, LOVE the spinning flowers you have created.:)

Gerry
03-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Thats all the cards in, that are coming, so they will be sent out on Monday.
All the cards are fantastic, the returns are going to be awesome. and as a thank you for joining my moving swap, I have made a special spinning card for everyone.:spinny:

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM
WOW. Gerry!
Thank you!!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Ooh wow!!! That's so lovely of you! And yippee for swaps! I'm getting far too accustomed to awesome art in my mailbox!
Oh and I'm going to the post office this afternoon ;) so you'll get cool cards too :D

Gerry
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Cards are all swapped and in their envelopes, they should be in the post tomorrow. Because of the brads I have padded the envelope with a foam sheet to smooth them out.
Hopefully they will all get to you safely.:)

FlyingPhoenix
03-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Wow that's so awesome of you, Gerry! Thank you for going above and beyond, Gerry!

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Ooh more curtain twitching for me this week yippee!!

Gerry
03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Cards are in the post, wonder whose will arrive first..

pixiecorpse
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd like to say I'll be poised by the letterbox but he's far too erratic, sometimes its 10am, sometimes he's not been before 2.30...but I'm ready and waiting, and just a little twitchy :D

scwk0511
03-27-2012, 05:28 AM
got mine this morning! love them all. Itrader and you rocks have been left....

Gerry
03-27-2012, 07:19 AM
got mine this morning! love them all. Itrader and you rocks have been left....

WOW that was very quick, though I do find if I have the stamps and can get them in the out mail at work they do seem to get to their destinations quicker. Maybe business post gets priority, I dont know.

pixiecorpse
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I do hope my postie comes soon and brings me pretty things! Although I do feel a bit sleepy...now if I could just talk george into taking a nap...

pixiecorpse
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Yay my postman arrived! Thank you so much Gerry for hosting and the awesome card!!!
And thank you Gwen,Creativememe and Scwk0511 for your awesome cards!!! They are fantastic!!!
And I can't believe how local most of you are :D
Will go leave itraders and rep points :D

MadLou23
03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Postman arrived yesterday with spinning package! Big Thanks to our amazing host...take a bow, Gerry!! And awesome artwork received from FlyingPhoenix, Gwen and VickyZ. WOW!!! :)

Vicki Z
03-29-2012, 07:07 AM
I am so glad you got my windmill, Gwen.
It is identical to the one in the back pasture.
Every time the wind blows, it activates the water pump, which draws water, to fill the watering tank for the goats.

I knew our windmills were different from Dutch windmills, but I did not realize they were different from the ones in the UK.

Oh my goodness, the things one learns on this site!:)

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
AWESOME cards received from pixiecorpse, mariloupatch, and flying phoenix
Reps and itrade already given.

Thanks for a FAB swap, Gerry.

Gerry
03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Yayy, happy the cards have started to arrive over the pond. and players are loving their returns. It wasnt a big swap but all the cards were fantastic.

Gerry
03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
It would be great to know that cards have arrived safely, so if you have not posted to the thread or given out Itrader/rep points yet, please do if you can.
Once everyone have their cards I will archive the swap. :)

locatray
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for hosting this fun swap, Gerry.
And thanks to my artists- I enjoy my returns & am off to leave you rep points!

Gerry
04-02-2012, 06:00 PM
yayyy, just one more set of returns to be confirmed .
Thanks again everyone for joining in and making this a really fun swap.:)

FlyingPhoenix
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Mine came in this afternoon!

I-trader and Rep have been left! Thanks everyone for making this swap Roll!

Gerry
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for letting me know they arrived safely Flying pheonix

marilou
04-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Thank you Gerry for this lovely swap, and the lovely returns from Locatray, VickiZ and yourself! Reps and itrader on the way

Vicki Z
04-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Happy Birthday, to Gerry:).
Hope you have the day off work, and plan to do something WONDERFUL.

I should have sent you a Birthday Card, but I didn't, so this wish for
Health
Happiness
Prosperity
and
AN AWESOME DAY

will have to do.

:cute::spinny::)