PDA

View Full Version : Vampires and Vixens Swap – Due April 13, 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lovefroud
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I love the idea, it was hard figuring out how to configure that lil bugger....but thanks, sooo glad you like it!

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 06:03 AM
We are certainly pulling out all the stakes
with puns that we can get our teeth into.
The comments are to die for.....

At least everyone is having a bloody good time.
And with the exception of the tomato juice that
I am coffin all over my monitor, due to laughing so hard,
No harm done.

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Hehe all these puns will keep me chuckling through the mil visit today :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Vicki, I am sure your doing it quite punintentionally...

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I learned it from you!:D
You came up with the most recent puns, several quite original ones.

You "agreeing with pix on all counts", I would not even have caught, if you hadn't pointed it out.

Well done!

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Vicki, I am sure your doing it quite punintentionally...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

KaleidescopeI's
02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
We are certainly pulling out all the stakes
with puns that we can get our teeth into.
The comments are to die for.....

At least everyone is having a bloody good time.
And with the exception of the tomato juice that
I am coffin all over my monitor, due to laughing so hard,
No harm done.

But I have to admit this is the best and the "coffin up tomato juice" was really fangtastic.

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Hehe I keep trying to think of something so I can join in but its making my brain hurt lol! It couldve been all the chocolate I've eaten today to cope with mils visit...she has one of those pathetic constant coughs that wears me down...

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
You could say your mil came to visit,
and her coffin inspired you to make additional Vampire cards

You could offer your mil a cough drop
to stop her coffin.

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 02:13 PM
See! Dang it why didn't I think of that lol!
She needs a stake more than she needs a cough drop! See I'm just lame at this game lol!
Can't make anymore vamp cards I'm at 8 as it is lol!

Vicki Z
02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
You have people who are dying to get your cards.
Do a personal trade for some.:D

If you over-trade, offer mil a "Bloody Mary", then use her as your personal model to make a few more cards, (as her cheeks flush, and tomato juice drips down her chin).

I bet she would be a "fang-tas-tic" model.

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Hehe I better do some other swap cards first, but a very good idea!
No need to use mil as a model, would be a waste of good booze lol. Mum bought me a how to draw vampires book for xmas :D it rocks!

KaleidescopeI's
02-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Pix, your mom rocks!!!

pixiecorpse
02-25-2012, 04:29 PM
She does! Makes me laugh hubbys always complaining about his family gifts but I give my mum and sis a list :D he just says I don't know lol so he deserves pants and socks lol

ArtDuJunque
02-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Amazon makes gift giving so easy now. Just do up an ongoing wish list and then make sure you delete off what you get.

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 11:09 AM
You should see the size of mine adj! Gets bigger everytime I go to delete something I've got lol!!!

Lovefroud
02-26-2012, 12:02 PM
mmmmm love me some amazon but that shipping cost kills me!

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok so I've decided my final line up will be oldman dracula shadow on wall and fold out,angelus,spike and darla (will upload later), lestat and christopher lee.
My nosferatu will be up for trade... :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
I need to get going on my cards. I have them drawn, but not finished. I am also doing a Christopher Lee and another Bride of Dracula. I might have to throw in a few more just because I love the tooth buggers so. I don't know if I want to do a Gary Oldman or not. I might go for Gerard Butler....have to go get the sketch pad. Just got home from Dick Blick about an hour ago.

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Mmm gerard butler!!! He's a tasty morsel for sure!!!

KaleidescopeI's
02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Mmm gerard butler!!! He's a tasty morsel for sure!!!

Isn't he though....that would be worth sinking my teeth into....hehe!!

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Awww you upped the stakes again on the puns lol I'll never keep up! :D

Vicki Z
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Awww you upped the stakes again on the puns lol I'll never keep up! :D

UPPED THE STAKES
You did good, pix.

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Thank you! I tried so hard too :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you! I tried so hard too :D

You got what it stakes...lol

Vicki Z
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
mmmmm love me some amazon but that shipping cost kills me!

Amazon often offers free shipping with a minimum purchase.

Most of my friends and family like books, so I try to order a Christmas gift (book) whenever I don't quite make my minimum purchase.
It gets me a little ahead on my birthday/holiday shopping, and because I have now met their minimum it gets me free shipping.

KaleidescopeI's
02-28-2012, 03:32 PM
If it comes directly from Amazon I usually get my stuff within a day or two. They built a shipping center within 10 miles from where I live. Now I need to place an order with Dick Blick because the store here doesn't have the Strathmore 400 series mixed media or the Fabriano Artistico 140# hot press. Michael's doesn't have it either.

pixiecorpse
02-28-2012, 03:49 PM
i wonder if dick blick ships internationally...hmmmm
oh vicki i added your atcto my traded gallery :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=287459

Vicki Z
02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks pixiecorpse.
Can't wait to get it.

I don't think you have made a final choice on what I am making for you, and if you don't decide, I will just have to decide for you.:D

Vicki Z
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
It looks like dick blick ships everywhere.
It also looks like they give discounts and free shipping on larger orders, so you might be wise to talk to some of your co-ATC-ers in the UK to see if they need anything, and place one, larger, order, to get a discount, and/or free shipping.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
That does sound like a plan!!! i will look into that thank you!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=287473
heres spike,dracula and darla :D

oh and pssst vicki I think im going to go with nosferatu :D

Vicki Z
02-28-2012, 04:58 PM
oh my, Darla will give one nightmares!
FAB card, as are the other two.

I am glad you chose Nossy. He is fangtastic!

KaleidescopeI's
02-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I thought they might ship overseas, but didn't get a chance to look into it. Had to give little dog a bath and make supper. I just scanned this pic Lucy from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

pixiecorpse
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Thank you for all the lovely comments!
Wow kal she's great!!!so much detail in that dress wooo!
Yay nossys coming to stay! :D

Pikkis
02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
So amazing cards posted here :goofy:! My cards are finally finished too and they differ quite a bit from the ones seen here so far, but I hope they are ok... As I´ve mentioned earlier, I have to stick on collage as I can´t draw... And couldn´t help myself from adding the quotes as there were some empty spots to fill and I just love quotes... So I´ll pm for your address now, Vicki!

pixiecorpse
02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
They are fang tastic pikkas!!!!
Love the quotes! I always forget that text can be a part of the picture hehe!

Vicki Z
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
pixiecorpse is doing puns.
That is what happens when one learns how.
You just can't stop them.
Well, done, pix

Vicki Z
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
So amazing cards posted here :goofy:! My cards are finally finished too and they differ quite a bit from the ones seen here so far, but I hope they are ok... As I´ve mentioned earlier, I have to stick on collage as I can´t draw... And couldn´t help myself from adding the quotes as there were some empty spots to fill and I just love quotes... So I´ll pm for your address now, Vicki!

AWESOME cards, Pikkis.
One never has to apologize for collage cards, particularly when created as well as yours are.
LOVE the text!!!
And I see you found my addy:yes:

Pikkis
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks a lot for your kind words :)! And yes, I found the addy!

KaleidescopeI's
02-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Pikkis, love your cards. They are to die for!!! I love the text you added also.

pixiecorpse
02-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Hehe I'm trying but I'll never be as good at it as you and kal!

I love collage! I wish I could do it better...but at least I can drool over yours gerrys and singbluesilvers :D
(Hope I haven't left anyone out)

KaleidescopeI's
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Hehe I'm trying but I'll never be as good at it as you and kal!

I love collage! I wish I could do it better...but at least I can drool over yours gerrys and singbluesilvers :D
(Hope I haven't left anyone out)

I agree Pix. I haven't done collage and would probably be terrible at it, but one dayr I am gonna give it a go. By the way Pix, I saw your last 3 cards and they are awesome!! That Darla is sure one scary chick....would hate to run into her on a dark night....lol!!

pixiecorpse
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Hehe she is isn't she! Thank you!
I've done a few, I enjoy it but think I'm terrible at it and it takes far too long, I had 2 I'd made a while ago and they were finished but just sat there for about 2 months before I decided that they were finished, they were the only items I actually sold as soon as I'd listed them lol (hasn't happened since hehe)

Vicki Z
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I just scanned this pic Lucy from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

AWESOME Lucy!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Thank you Vicki! I have Lagosi aka Dracula almost ready. He is drying off right now. I did keep it pretty simple with minimal color...mostly shades of gray and black.

KaleidescopeI's
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
I have Christopher Lee almost done. He is in the drying stage now. Have one more to go and then I will post. Hopefully I will be ready to mail out Monday. Gotta get the rear in gear because I have a few more irons in the fire and I don't want to be burned at the stake.....lol!

Vicki Z
03-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Welcome karlz, both to this site and to my swap.
I have signed you up, and I sent you a PM with some tips that I hope you find helpful.
If you have ay questions, please ask.
We are a friendly group, and are always eager to help.

pixiecorpse
03-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi karlz! Everyone is lovely and helpful so don't be afraid to ask! Not many bite here :D

pixiecorpse
03-01-2012, 06:00 AM
You've picked a great one to get your teeth into (sorry I just can't seem to stop now!)
Good luck at the craft store!

Vicki Z
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Family comes first, karlz.
I have withdrawn you.
The due date is quite ways out, so if you have time, please re-join us.

KaleidescopeI's
03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Well here are the cards I have so far...might be doing a few more to make 6/6 trade.

Vicki Z
03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
OMG, what an AWESOME line up. :notworthy::notworthy:
These are all Fang tastic, and absolutely to die for

B of D is sooooo gorgeous, one can "almost" not mind being bitten.
Christopher Lee and Bela Lagosi make such bloody good vampires.
LOVE the red eyes
The detail on Lucy's dress is spectacular, but I think I am repeating what pixiecorpse already told us.

Wonderful, wonderful
:notworthy::notworthy:

Vicki Z
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
FAB cards received from Bryaamirault.
Thank you for the extra card.

KaleidescopeI's
03-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Thank you, Vicki! I am really getting into making these.

Gerry
03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Lovely cards being posted, I must say they are all fangtastic and I would be happy to receive any of them in my returns,:D

pixiecorpse
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Woo! They're awesome kal!!!! I step away to watch potter and iron (finally finished watching them all woop) and I come back to those amazing vamps!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
See what happens when you leave the room....lol. Thanks for the compliment. I wanted to get a few more done, but had something important to take care of and then it fell through. So basically my whole day was a bust. I will have to find some more inspiration to draw from and hopefully get them done mid week.

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Hehe and hubby thinks I'm a nutter for checking the forums all the time! Well you've proved me right hehe

Pikkis
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Those cards of yours are really awesome KaleidoscopeI´s and once again I have to envy you folks who can draw like that :notworthy:!

Vicki Z
03-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Those cards of yours are really awesome KaleidoscopeI´s and once again I have to envy you folks who can draw like that :notworthy:!

We all have different talents
Some of us draw.
Some of us collage.
Some of us have a way with text that make our cards "talk".

It is sooooo amusing,
Those who draw wish they could collage.:yes:
Those who collage, wish they could draw:laugh:
And few of us can use text the way others can.:cry:

You are superb with two out of three, so please don't be too envious of those who can draw.

Besides, wanting to expand our ATC collection with cards we cannot create ourselves, is what prompts us to trade.:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah! What vicki said!!!! :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Pikkis! Vicki is right. We all have our strong points and that is why I love this site so much and trading with others. Our abilities and art also evolves the more we do and the longer we do it. I bet your collage has advanced since you started. I think my abilities have definitely grown since I have joined this site. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and use different techniques, subject matter and mediums. Just seeing others work and trading with everyone has helped me and made me look at art differently. We are all talented artists!!

patgel
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the group, patgel.
Happy to have a participant from the homeland of Bram Stoker.
In the novel Dracula, ... at night, Harker falls under the spell of three wanton female vampires.
In the U.S we usually think of male vampires.
Are female vampires more prominant in Ireland?

I have signed you up.
Hi Vicky
Sorry I didn't see your post before.
Not a great Vampire movement here... sorry.
There are a couple of 'ghost tours', but as far as I know they are a bit of laugh.
Also there is a Zombie parade in Summer for the last few years.
The most scary myth is the Dearg-due, or Red Blood Sucker, from Co. Waterford. She was a beautiful woman who died in mysterious circumstances but rose from her grave a few times a year and appears to the men of surrounding villages. She seduced her victims by dancing until the men were stupified then she would feed on their blood.

KaleidescopeI's
03-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Vicky
Sorry I didn't see your post before.
Not a great Vampire movement here... sorry.
There are a couple of 'ghost tours', but as far as I know they are a bit of laugh.
Also there is a Zombie parade in Summer for the last few years.
The most scary myth is the Dearg-due, or Red Blood Sucker, from Co. Waterford. She was a beautiful woman who died in mysterious circumstances but rose from her grave a few times a year and appears to the men of surrounding villages. She seduced her victims by dancing until the men were stupified then she would feed on their blood.

She sounds like someone I would want to hang out with.....but it also sounds like a story a man made up while sitting in a pub drinking ale with his buddies....lmao. Sounds like fun over there. I don't know of anywhere in the USA that would have a zombie parade. We do have ghost tours in areas around Halloween. My husband makes fun of me for watching the ghost stories on tv.

ArtDuJunque
03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Are you kidding? Zombie parades are huge! And global! Google it, there may be one in your area soon!

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Hehe I think they're doing a zombie run in indianapolis at some point think russell mentioned it, I know my sister went to one here 2point8 is the company,I was very proud she didn't get attacked seeing as she looks like a weeble and doesn't run much,saw some sketchy vids on youtube looks kinda scary :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-04-2012, 09:01 AM
ADJ, I did look it up and I saw one some posting for Davenport, IA which used to be an old stomping ground when I was in college. I didn't see one for my area, but I didn't get a chance to look much further as it was getting late. Interesting stuff. I don't think I would like to be in it, but I would like to do the makeup and costumes.

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
The one over here you can volunteer to be a zombie :D

I'm toying with putting bribes in vickis envelope for the christopher lee card.... :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Pix, good luck with that! At least you're not going behind her back like I did....lol! She just might go for it if you sweeten the pot!

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Hehe I better not...I'd never get my cards posted, I'd be too busy filling it with bribes and miss the deadline :D

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm toying with putting bribes in vickis envelope for the christopher lee card....

By my calculations, you have already commented on 7 cards you like, NOT counting christopher lee.

1) there are several christopher lee cards, so are you specifically talking about the one Clara drew, or do you even realize there are more than one christopher lee cards?:shocked:
2) You should know that I can only send you 6 cards back, and that is assuming you ever get yours sent in:D
3) maybe you should send bribes. I am sooooooo confused:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought that myself that once I start bribing for 1 card, that becomes bribes for 2 cards etc etc :D
I wouldn't anyway its more fun to be surprised by the cards....(I know I know and I hate surprises) but with so much awesome art, I'd rather be surprised :D

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Pix, good luck with that! At least you're not going behind her back like I did....lol!

Now, now I forgave you for that little indescretion 14 pages ago.:yes:
You did grovel so nicely, and you did promise to never do it again (well, sort of!!)

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Indecision, indecision.
Re-thinking and mind changing.
Are you a Gemini, or ??
I know, a Shapeshifter!!!:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Hehe I should have been a gemini but nope I'm probably the worst leo there is...even researching the different zodiacs I've not found one that seems to be like me, I'm not nearly dominant enough :D

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 12:35 PM
LEO?
Mum is a Leo, NOT dominant, either, and very much like you!
Almost makes me want to run up your chart!

pixiecorpse
03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
My sister, and 2 sons are all leos too hehe its an expensive time for birthdays :D

ArtDuJunque
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm a Cancer/ Leo born on the cusp of the two. I am mostly a creative Cancer but with a little anal-retentive Leo thrown in. I am surrounded by Scorpios, my dad, oldest son, ex-husband, and husband are all Scorpios.

Raingirl
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Can I jump in on this one. I'm a sucker for all things Vampire!

Vicki Z
03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome Raingirl.
I have signed you up.

KaleidescopeI's
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Now, now I forgave you for that little indescretion 14 pages ago.:yes:
You did grovel so nicely, and you did promise to never do it again (well, sort of!!)

I did grovel quite nicely didn't I...hehe and yes a promise is a promise, at least for this swap anyway then it becomes null and void. It is an unwritten rule suggesting that each swap becomes a separate transaction only bound by its participants upon completion or mutual agreement of dissolution between host and hostee.:biglaugh:
That almost sounds like I know what I might be talking about doesn't it....roflmao!!

Vicki Z
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM
:D:laugh::biglaugh:

It does ALMOST sound like you know what you might be talking about!:yes:

KaleidescopeI's
03-05-2012, 03:40 PM
:D:laugh::biglaugh:

It does ALMOST sound like you know what you might be talking about!:yes:

I know, right.....I was cracking myself up the whole time.:goofy::biglaugh:

Vicki Z
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
We have such a fun, crazy, interesting, off-beat, wonderful group of participants in this swap that I LOVE logging on to see what "words of wisdom" will brighten an otherwise dull afternoon.

pixiecorpse
03-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Hehe I know what you mean, I'm sure hubby thinks I'm having an affair when he catches me giggling away at something I've read :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree. As soon as I get on the computer I am logging on to this site and I love to look at posts and new art in the open gallery. I enjoy being on here as much as I do making the art to swap. The best thing is connecting with people all over the country and the world. My friends are amazed when I tell them I trade with people from the UK, Australia, Greece, Finland, Denmark, etc and all over the US.

pixiecorpse
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Hehe me too...its a blessing and a curse have internet on my phone,especially on school days :D
I've given up telling other mums at the school what I do, they all look at me like I'm a nutter especially when I talk knitting lol, but then a lot of them only spend their evenings watching tv and only a few of them read books its quite sad really

ArtDuJunque
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Ugh, hate those people who only talk about the latest episode of Downton Abbey or what ever is popular, spy on their neighbours and gossip at the local grocers.

KaleidescopeI's
03-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't watch much tv anymore. We record some shows on dvr that we enjoy and watch them at our leisure, but usually no more than 2 hours in the evening....usually when we are having dinner. I know that is a bad ideal especially for my waistline, but that is what hubby prefers. Tonight we watched part of a 30 minute sitcom. I did sit and watch "Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Apprentice" yesterday. The characters were pretty cool, but the acting was a bit lame. I was surprised that Selma Hayak was in it. I loved her as Frida!

pixiecorpse
03-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Ooh I've not seen that yet! I've read the books they're pretty cool...and easy to read too seeing as they're kids books hehe :D our tv is always on but its usually documentaries and stuff that hubby wants to watch, which is probably a good thing as if it was something I want to watch I wouldn't get much art done :biglaugh:

ArtDuJunque
03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I always have to have either the tv or radio going. Have to distract that adhd part of my brain or i would be jumping all over the place.

Lovefroud
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
My adhd distracts my adhd!:laugh:
Vick the vamps are in the mail! finally.

Vicki Z
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for letting me know about your vamps, Lovefroud.
I have boxes of dirt in a darkened room all prepared for their arrival.

Vicki Z
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
AWESOME cards received from Pikkis.
LOVE the collage, and the stamped corners, and the words you added.
As stated before, you never need be envious of those who draw.
Thank you for the hostie card, and the $ for postage.
Both are greatly appreciated.

pixiecorpse
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
My little biters will be on their way tomorrow, and they're travelling with the suitcases so they have somewhere to sleep and don't get crispy on the way :D

Vicki Z
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
So, I open the suitcases very carefully, and only after dark, with all the drapes drawn.
Having previously drawn a circle of sea salt and having close by garlic, holy water, and a silver cross.

Plus, if the "Room that Bleeds" is included, I will need a mop.

Oh, is this the envy that I asked you to mark with a BIG RED "X" because of the head lice, shambling zombies, colds and conjunctivitis. If so, I also need to set up my autoclave, and have a fire extinguisher ready.

You sure do make a host WORK for her cards. :P

pixiecorpse
03-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Yep there'll be everything from potters trunks to hungry vamps to bleeding rooms :D
Oh and a gemini card too and there'll be no need for the X were all a picture of health....today hehe

Vicki Z
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Actually, that is wonderful.
I was just putting on a jacket to run out to the store - again - for more homeland soil and cleaning supplies.
With this swap I felt I was single-handedly keeping the dirt supplier, and the clean up and sanitation company in business.

That means I have time for a Bloody Mary!!
My mother told me to never drink before noon, but it must be noon somewhere!
So here's Blood in your Eye!!

pixiecorpse
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Its nearly 5pm here ;)

pixiecorpse
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Yay! Booze!!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-08-2012, 06:27 AM
They're on their way :D

patgel
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Vicky My vamps and vixens are on your way. Glad you are prepared for the threat.
Thanks for hosting

Vicki Z
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the warning.
I am armed and waiting.

Vicki Z
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
AWESOME cards received from Lovefroud.
These are spectacular!!!!

Everyone is doing such fangtastic art.

Lovefroud
03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
hahmmmm, vick and pix are two peas in a pod, would love to meet yall at the pub for a beer but instead we have these square electronic things shoved in our faces!
Well here's to virtual drinking! chink!
I don't know why I didn't stick those in my gallery?

pixiecorpse
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
i know how you feel lovefroud, you know i hardly speak to anyone face to face, it would be cool to hang out with you lovely peeps without having to check my spelling :D

Lovefroud
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
total love hate relationship for me with my pooter!

Vicki Z
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't know why I didn't stick those in my gallery?

You posted picts of these cards on page 13, so you should be able to move those pictures into your gallery if you want them there.:)

Vicki Z
03-09-2012, 05:09 PM
hahmmmm, would love to meet yall at the pub for a beer but instead we have these square electronic things shoved in our faces!
Well here's to virtual drinking! chink!

Green Beer on the house!!!
YIPPEEEEEE for St Paddy's Day

Does the GREEN beer taste different to you?
It does to me.:P

ArtDuJunque
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Dunno, I'm usually drinking irish coffee and baileys all night on St. Paddy's. Hubby drinks Guiness which is too dark to tint green, lol.

pixiecorpse
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
My phone has spell check which is handy my old keyboard didn't have a z or a q thanks to my kids twitchy fingers hehe...
I only know when st patricks day is because its mothers day here the day after hehe

KaleidescopeI's
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll take one of those irish coffees.....might have to add a little something extra with that Baileys....maybe a shot of irish whiskey.......bwaahaha....

I will be posting my last two cards tonight and mailing on Monday. I have enjoyed this swap immensely. The conversation and comraderie in this swap has been the greatest. It's good to know that there are so many people out there that appreciate the old vampire actors and movies like I do. I am really going to hate to see this swap end.

KaleidescopeI's
03-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, here are the last 2 for this swap. I hope they entrance you and make you want to wear a garlic choker....lol!
95797 95798

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Ooh they are fangtastic!!! And a much nicer view to be woken up by than little feet pounding me in the back!!!

Vicki Z
03-10-2012, 04:08 AM
More AWESOME cards, KaleidescopeI's.
Can't wait to meet them in person.

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Cor blimey your up early vicki!!!! Or is it up late :D

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Wow! You are amazing!!! And I was grumbling that my *kids* got me up at 6am on a sunday...but it is nice to have a routine!
Hope you have a lovely day :D

Lovefroud
03-10-2012, 02:10 PM
OMFG Barnabas! yes!!! and the grrrrrr pose that Bela is in is perfecto! want! want!

KaleidescopeI's
03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you all for the great comments. My favorite thing is Barnabas' cane.

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 02:52 PM
That is a wonderful cane! I've never heard of barnabas...me and google :kiss:

KaleidescopeI's
03-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Did Dark Shadows never make it over to the UK? It was a big hit here in the 60's and 70's. I can't believe my mom watched it, but then again it was a soap opera and she likes her soaps. I saw some old reruns last year and can't believe how bad the acting actually was...lol. It is funny now how we remember things. I saw a picture of Johnny Depp playing the character, just a pic, but he looks like a Tim Burton character and not at all like the Barnabas Collins that I knew. I am hoping that he doesn't ruin my memories of that classic soap!!!

Vicki Z
03-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Barnabas Collins is the main vampire in a Gothic soap opera called Dark Shadows, which ran on U.S. television from 1966 to 1971.
It is going to be re-made this year with Johnny Depp in the lead role as Barnabas Collins.
I like Johnny Depp, but I am having a hard time with him in this role.
I agree with KleidescopeI's in that Johnny Depp is too "tim burton" and not enough "Barnabas Collins", at least in the picts, posters, and clips thus far available.

That is a wonderful cane.
There were selling some FAB brass and walnut re-productions last year, I imagine the canes will be popular again when the movie comes out.

pixiecorpse
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Ooh thank you I did have a look and saw a johnny depp picture...
Not sure if we did get the original over here, I'll have to ask my mum...
But I might like the burton movie with nothing to connect it to though, but I know how you feel, I'm not a big fan on remakes, especially now there's supposed to be a crow remake bah!

Vicki Z
03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll take one of those irish coffees.....might have to add a little something extra with that Baileys....maybe a shot of irish whiskey.......bwaahaha....

I will be posting my last two cards tonight and mailing on Monday. I have enjoyed this swap immensely. The conversation and comraderie in this swap has been the greatest. It's good to know that there are so many people out there that appreciate the old vampire actors and movies like I do. I am really going to hate to see this swap end.

The swap isn't over yet:no:

Besides, we haven't even gotten into the novelty songs by John Zacherie like
Dinner With Drac:

A dinner was served for three
At Dracula's house by the sea
The hors doeurves were fine
But I choked on my wine
When I learned that the main course was me

Vicki Z
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
went mostly old school on these!
Gary Oldman as Dracula 1997
Dracula's Daughter 1936
Queen of Blood 1967 (first sci fi vamp film)

And since Lovefroud drew such a FAB Dracula's Daughter
Another verse from John Zacherie:

What a swimmer is Draculas daughter
But her pool looks more red than it oughter
The blood stains the boats
But its easy to float
Because blood is much thicker than water
:notworthy:

KaleidescopeI's
03-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I know what was I thinking....it is still on for another month. When I finish my cards and mail them it kind of signals the end even thought I know it isn't quite over until the fanged lady sings....ha! By the way those are great lyrics....I have never heard them before...would love to hear more!

Vicki Z
03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
If you google on John Zacherie you can hear him sing his own songs.
This song has multiple verses.
Not all of them are particularly good.
But some of them are great!

Here is one link, but there are several
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/lyrics2/nov_dindrac.html

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Hehe that's a great song :D

Lovefroud
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM
haha! those are so fun Vicki -
I must have a say on the Johnny Depp / Barnabas Collins subject....... remember how ridiculously talented the man is regardless of how he looks (which is just illegally drool worthy). Barnabas is very "over-made up" and dramatic so the empire of "Burton" I think can pull this off. The cast looks fantastic, I mean Jackie Earle Haley as Willie Loomis, plus M Pheifer and Ms. Bonham/Burton, I just don't think it gets better than that. I am wicked excited about it! but then again I am such an 80's girl and Tim Burton fan and totally admittedly bias!:spinny:

Vicki Z
03-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Speaking of fun songs, anyone remember "Transfusion" by the Nervous Norvus?

My :policeman: neighbor had that as his fave song,
and when his THIRD sound track wore out from so much use,
he sang it (He can't carry a tune in a paper bag).
It is a stupid song,
but about speeding and jackass drivers and BLOOD,
so appealed to him as a police officer.

While I can't imagine Nosferatu singing,
George Hamilton, as Count Dracula in "Love At First Bite",
drained the blood from a Wino one night,
and woke up (drunk) and singing,

So I offer the following bits from "Transfusion" for your breakfast pleasure:

Slip the blood to me, Bud
Shoot the juice to me, Bruce.
Pass the crimson to me, Jimson.
Pass the claret to me, Barrett.
Pump the fluid to me, Louie.
Put a gallon in me, Alan.
And make that type O, Daddy-o.

Who knew there were so many ways to reference blood:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I have a friend who looks a lot like mr depp, but she's a lady, its very spooky...

Hehe that is a great song too! All I have in my head is bela lugosis dead by bauhaus...

Vicki Z
03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Lestat will be jealous and won't sing to you tonight.....:wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Hehe ooh your lucky I have to keep my posters rolled up hubby gets so jealous!

wolfwynd
03-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm going to have to pull out. I'm really not getting inspiration. I'm sorry. :(

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Its ok singblue silver Gerrys got one hooked up to vickis house and watches her in her bunny slippers ;)

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I have rubbish slippers, I did get some leopard print ones for xmas and they're too small...I'm only a size 5 lol
I sometimes wish my house was 1 person lighter too :D
And on the subject of hotties...duran duran were just on the tv mmmm john taylor!

Vicki Z
03-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm going to have to pull out. I'm really not getting inspiration. I'm sorry. :(

Sorry to lose you wolfwynd.
Hope to see you another time.

KaleidescopeI's
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Man, while I am cleaning house and doing the shopping everyone is here having a party. I guess my invitation got lost in the mail and I coulda been watchin home movies of singbluesilver and drinking some juice with my peeps....damn....life can be so unfair sometimes. No wonder I hate to shop on the weekend....not only is it a pain because of the throngs of shoppers, but also because it interfers with my me and my peeps time.

pixiecorpse
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
If it helps kal, I miss you all when I'm sleeping...which should be now...and cleaning is against my religion hehe

Vicki Z
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Man, while I am cleaning house and doing the shopping everyone is here having a party. I guess my invitation got lost in the mail and I coulda been watchin home movies of singbluesilver and drinking some juice with my peeps....damn....life can be so unfair sometimes. No wonder I hate to shop on the weekend....not only is it a pain because of the throngs of shoppers, but also because it interfers with my me and my peeps time.

We saved some juice for you, KaleidescopeI's!

You were so concerned about this swap being over, and see,
the Vampires have risen from their crypt yet again!:v_spin:

Good thing you checked in !!!!
The thread was so dead,
I was going to start up a
"Dracula for President" Campaign.
I even had time to design a few Campaign Buttons

The other candidates suck.
I'm hungry for your vote - and your blood!
Make a deductable contribution - blood or money - or both.
Fang in there!
After all, there's a lot at STAKE!!!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Lol....that was a good one! I have to say that I would definitely be a die hard campaigner...hehe

KaleidescopeI's
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
If it helps kal, I miss you all when I'm sleeping...which should be now...and cleaning is against my religion hehe

Yes, Pix, cleaning is against my religion, but a cross I must bear since I can't afford a maid and my dogs refuse to pick up their toys:arghh:

Lovefroud
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
vick is just fanging those songs out! wooo! Love Bauhaus Pix!

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Yay teeth!
I have some teeth too...somewhere...
Ooh I'm supposed to be getting hubby up and ironing uniforms so he can take kids to school and I can get the house super clean and here I am lol
Its lovely to have you back singbluesilver! I meant to say that yesterday :D

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I've not done any yet! I had to take girly to school, at least I don't have to take kid number 2. But I do have little ted to make more mess as I try to do something productive hehe

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Awww such a lovely name and so very sad!

KaleidescopeI's
03-12-2012, 10:25 AM
SingBlueSilver sorry to hear about your bunny. I had a bunny years ago his name was Fred. I kept him in the house for a while. He used to take naps with me. I got him for Easter...I can't believe that was 27 years ago.

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Bunnies are so cute and cuddly, it is easy to get very attached to them.
I am so sorry to hear you have lost yours.
Comforting thoughts being sent your way.

Perhaps she is linking up with the Easter Bunny to make young people happy next month.

KaleidescopeI's
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Well my blood sucking bunch are on their way....I will miss them, but I am sure wherever they end up their every need will be catered to or they just might have to drain their host dry....lol.

Deblit
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Miss Vicki, I have some vampires done. Eight to be exact. My problem is I know 4 are ok to send but there are four that are not named vampires. In other words made out of me nogging. I want to put them up first to see if they are ok to send. If not I'd understand. I will post my other four a little later.

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Your cards are FAB, as your cards always are.
They look like vamps to me, whether made out of books, movies, or out of your nogging.
Please send them in.

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Yay! More vamps fangtastic dj!!!!!
And if by some insane chance vicki said no I'd love to take them all home! I'm a big greedy vamp lover!!!

Deblit
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Cool! I guess I can show you the other 4 now. I have to say I did these last night and today. I was in a different mood.

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Ooh wonderful!!!! Love the contrast between the 2 sets!

KaleidescopeI's
03-12-2012, 04:51 PM
dj those are freakin' awesome. My all time fav is Bela Lagosi and that hypnotic stare of his makes me want to lean my head to one side and let him sink his teeth in.......lol!

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 04:51 PM
wasn't really calling you insane more that you'd have to be nuts to say no to those fabulous vamps :D

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
You are soooo right!
I would have to be insane, or nuts, or absolutely out of my mind to say no to any of the fabulous vamps that are being created.

My real problem is going to be sending them back out again
I already don't want to have any of them leave me.
I won't be able to sleep at night!

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Hehe I know exactly how you feel I wouldn't want to let any of them go either...but they'll be going to good homes who will love them to death :D

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Maybe I can get visitation privileges????

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Ooh yes I never thought of that...they might all fly back to you at night and be back by the morning :D

Deblit
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
The few times I've done a swap, I always scan every card that is in the swap! That way I have a copy of the participants artwork. It's not the original but is at least a copy.

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Ooh that's a very cool idea, I scan all of my own so I can make prints, and I like the idea of the swap gallery where you can see all the different artists together in one place, these cards would make a fantastic giant poster! :D

patgel
03-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks Vicki. Hope they are scary enough

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 08:21 AM
FAB vampires, patgel.
They are spectacularly scary.
The tintype sepia tones give such an air of fear that caught me by surprise,
and made me catch my breath.
The white eyes make them look alive - in a way that only the dead can.
You did a bloody good job!!!

Thank you for the hostie card.
And I did see your note, and will remember!:)

pixiecorpse
03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Ooh I want to see patgels cards....
They sound super fantastic!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey, I wanna see too!!! trying to look over Pix's shoulder

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
It doesn't appear that patgel has put these beauties into her gallery, so at the present they must be hiding in their coffins.

patgel, would you mind uploading your vamps to your gallery or to this thread. You have groupies who would like to drool over your talent.

pixiecorpse
03-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Hehe I did go and check myself too...

patgel
03-14-2012, 05:34 AM
I think I uploaded the little pict here....
This is much scarier than vampires.
Anyway they are all in my gallery now.

I really have good time drawing them, it could be addictive.
Thanks for your comments.

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 06:17 AM
The color is interesting.
In this thread the cards look black and white and gray.
In your gallery the cards show more of the brown tones.
In person they are very tintype sepia colored.

But they are scary in all their shades of non-color.
Thank you so much for sharing!

pixiecorpse
03-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Woo! Thanks patgel they look sooooo fangtastic!!!

KaleidescopeI's
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Patgel those are awesomely wicked! They look soooooo scary...hehe.

Went to Goodwill yesterday and got a lot of goodies....pretty note cards to mail my atcs out in, some wooden storage boxes, a whole rolodex filled with empty cards, a picture frame that I think will fit 3 atcs......I made out like a bandit...woohoo!! Thinking about hitting a different location today to see what goodies they may have!! I will have to take some pics since I may end up collaging on the wooden box. Sorry I just had to share...I love it when I find goodies...I feel like I went on a treasure hunt.

pixiecorpse
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow! That was a good score Kal! Love it when that happens! I hate it when I go in with month cash and there's lots of awesome stuff hehe...I'm trying to tidy while ted follows me undoing all my hard work hehe!

pixiecorpse
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
You know I'll be sneaking 1 of those in with your chocolate swap ;)

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Only what I expected:biglaugh::biglaugh:

KaleidescopeI's
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
How is it that Chocolate got mixed up with Vampires?
From Drac Snax Chocolate Candy, to Chocolate Vampires, to Castle Chocula, to Count Chocula.

Oh those are sooo cool!! Where did you find those or did you make them?

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
The first two I made, and they are ATC's.

The third image is one of General Mills' monster cereal box designs for Count Chocula, in which the vampire image, and the commercial voice, depicts non other than the Dracula icon imself, Bela Lugosi.

Later versions of Count Chocula became much more cartoony and child friendly, and continued to become even more so as Frankenberry and BooBerry were added to the General Mills Monster Cereal Line up.

This early one is my favorite.:notworthy:

Aren't we learning a lot about Vampires that we didn't know:P

pixiecorpse
03-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Hehe that's so cute!
And I think I like the early count chocula better than the new one...
And your atcs are fabulous!

KaleidescopeI's
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
As long as I have your attention, here is another question for you.

Only if you bite at the neck first and not the ears....lol!! Otherwise you are a chocoholic. Those are great cards...and hoping that since I am back in your graces I might get one of those chocolate lovelies.......:notworthy: my liege.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Thank you for your kind comments pixiecorpse.

FAB retort, KaleidescopeI's.
I tried biting the neck first, but does the chocolate rabbit bleed chocolate (which doesn't have the same impact visually) or does it bleed cherry filling (which I have never found in a chocolate rabbit).

Yes, I think I can assure that one of those chocolate lovelies finds its way into your envy.

KaleidescopeI's
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Yippee,, thank you Vicki!! Unfortunately most chocolate bunnies are hollow...so I got nothin', except if they are marshmallow filled, but it still isn't red. I have had some Gertrude Hawke smidgens that were raspberry filled, but to just try and bite their neck you would have to be a smidget....hehe!

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
KaleidescopeI's, your cards are here.
These are so spectacular, awesome, stellar, and bloody wonderful.
Thank you for the hostie card, but I have no idea how I will narrow it down since I want them all.
Perhaps I will sleep on it, and see who speaks to me, bites me, doesn't bite me??????

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Hehe if I'd have known *sucking* up to our lovely hostess would work in my favour I'd have tried it ages ago lol ;)
Or not as I'd want them all too! Hehe if I was a vampire I'd be soooo fat!

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
*sucking* up??
Is this the same pixiecorpse who said she was no good at puns?

Or has some vampire taken over your body?

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 01:31 PM
I've been working on that one all day! Ever since I saw Kals post and your reply lol!
I get there in the end...

KaleidescopeI's
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Glad they arrived!!!
Pix,that was a good one!!
Vicki, I think she has been bitten by the pun vampire...lol!

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Did I hear right? You actually used real chocolate to make the card????
I don't think it would last long enough to be used artistically in my house hehe
Fab card either way!!!
I keep having to tell myself mines only been gone a week

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 02:45 PM
My girlfriend makes chocolate (for friends and family) for major holidays.
Our local candy supply house runs candy classes around Valentine Day, Mothers Day, Easter, and any other time they can get enough people to have a class.
My girfriend never goes anywhere alone, and I am her Chaperone of choice.

Our recent class was a two-part extravaganza, and we made enough candy for a small army, and even I cannot eat it that fast.

I took some of the broken bits and left-overs, remelted them and painted them onto an image of Dracula.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
You should see the ATC I made out of Sweetened Condensed Milk.

The technique was very popular a few years ago. The milk is painted on, then heated, and depending on how much heat is applied, the color ranges from cream to eggshell to beige to caramel.

It was GORGEOUS, and it smelled wonderful -- right up until my cat ate it!!

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Ooh I think I'd have eaten it too sounds delicious!!!!
Oh I want to go to a chocolate class! That would be fantastic!!!!

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
We did chocolate fondant, chocolate creame truffles, booze filled truffles, cherries dipped in chocolate, even a panorama chocolate Easter egg.
If it makes you feel any better, the booze filled truffles are gone.:)

KaleidescopeI's
03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Vicki....that is an awesome card and I do watch Criminal Minds. Garcia said that about Derrick the African American guy on the show....and yes he is a statuesque god of sculpted chocolate thunder...I haven't played trivial pursuit in forever.

KaleidescopeI's
03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Booze filled truffles.......omg!! When I was a kid my did went to ohio on a trip and came home with these little chocolate bottles filled with flavored liquors like blackberry, orange, cherry...they were so good.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
They are soooooo expensive.

At Christmas the liquor store had 2" plastic candy canes filled with 2 inch diameter by 3 inch high individual bottles of asssorted flavor liquors, and when they didn't all sell by mid January, they marked them 70% off.

I bought all that was left, and have been making some really CHEAP booze filled chocolate truffles.
Plus the chocolate class gave me some whole new ideas.
HIC!!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh! I want chocolate now! We only have fruit in the fridge boo!!!!

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Imagine that banana is a HUGE chocolate bottle filled with banana liquor.
Think of that red apple as a gigantic chocolate covered cherry.
How about an orange and dark chocolate "orange"

Hey, I tried........

pixiecorpse
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Mmmm sounds fantastic!
Wonder how the melon would taste as booze...I'm sure there's one for pomegranite...

KaleidescopeI's
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I can only imagine how expensive it was....good for you I would have jumped at it for 70% off too. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I used to find the Liquor chocolate covered cherries (product of Hungary) and let me tell ya they are scrumptious!! I don't care for the regular chocolate covered cherries because of the cream, just tooo sweet. Not only that they are reasonable priced....about $5 for a nice sized box and so worth it. The best part....eat a few and you are feeling good!!:jiggy:

Vicki Z
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM
AWESOME vampires received from Lilthamel.
LOVE your use of hand drawn images combined with collaged pictures.

Thank you for the pretty papers, napkins, pictures and cards.
Thank you also for the foreign language magazine pages - is that Russian?
How cool to have a movie advertisement for an "American" Western with the text in another language.
I may frame that!

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Have you been out today for your
Chocolate Mocha with chocolate sprinkles and nutmeg?
Caribou Coffee is serving FREE Green Whipped Cream on all their beverages today.

Unfortunately, it isn't RED Whipped Cream.

Happy St Patrick's Day.

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh I was hoping you'd had a delivery from me then!
But yay st patricks day!

KaleidescopeI's
03-17-2012, 12:31 PM
We don't have Caribou coffee here....I imagine starbucks is doing something similar or Dunkin might be, but not sure if I will make it out today for that. I made 2 cards for the st pat atart, but nothing with a vampire. I will have to work on something like that if I get time today. Have a wonderful day ladies, maybe I will catch up with you later in the day.

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
You too! Hmmmm I could cheat and say my christopher lee cards for st pats :o
I just realised I've only 3 of my little envelopes left but did find a ton already cut and folded, so I'll be having a sticking fest at some point this week. And hoping my brads and plastic sleeves come quickly so I can get so much finished...to keep my mind off the postman hehe

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry, pixiecorpse, nothing from you yet, and I am ANXIOUS, so I am stalking the postie EVERY DAY!!!!

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 01:30 PM
We don't have Caribou coffee here....I imagine starbucks is doing something similar or Dunkin might be, but not sure if I will make it out today for that.

Actually I am a Starbucks gal (mermaid logo, I am a Mermaid Manic, what can I say???)

But I have to drive past 7 Caribou to get to my first Starbucks, and I am not that ambitious on a Saturday.....

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
This is 1 envelope I don't want to go awry lol...but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm not ready to give up on it yet...but I've only had 1 m.I.a. So far... :D

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Please don't worry.
Every so often envys take longer to arrive.
It just always seems to be the ones I am really stalking the postman to get.......

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Hehe you already said greencastle in a post above...and I promise not to worry too much..
And thank you I do like green :D

Raingirl
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Vicki Z,
I think I need to withdraw from this swap. I was re-reading your directions for mailing when I realized I did not catch the part about the type of vampires you were looking for. Unfortunately I just invented my own which do not fit in with the theme. They are vampires but not "named or known" vampires from the past (or present). I can save my girls for a different swap. There's sure to be one ! So sorry.

Deblit
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
My cards will be in the mail tomorrow morning. All ready to give to the postmaster!

pixiecorpse
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Raingirl they might be ok, dj made some *unknown* vamps and vicki was cool with that so she might say yours are ok too... :D
If not ;)

Vicki Z
03-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Raingirl,
Your green vampire as posted is fine.
Feel free to send her in.

My comments were directed more to focus attention on the "old school" and "vintage" vampires (pre 1980 or so) and to steer folks away from the "new" vampires in TV shows and movies such as Bad Blood and Twilight.

Thank you for checking. :0)

Phoenix
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
All my vamps are made up vixen sorts. I'm not sure you could place them in time, but they aren't representations from current Vamp shows (or any shows, really).

Vicki Z
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Can't wait to see what you created, Phoenix.

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Fangtastically AWESOME cards received from djl1050.
These are even more breathtaking in person, and I didn't think that could be possible after seeing the scans.
Thank you for the hostie cards.

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm playing with acetate...and reading I'm having far too much fun!
Although I do wish my printer was working so I could collage too without wrecking books and comics :D

Vicki Z
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Awesome cards received from Raingirl.
I am so glad to decided to send these lovelies in.
They are fangtastic.
Thank you for the hostie card and the extra postage.
Both are greatly appreciated.

I notice that all your vampires and vixens are wearing green.
Why green?

pixiecorpse has done several of her vampires in green as well.
Do vampires have a penchant for green?
I guess I didn't know....

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't know...I like green, :D
Could be a reference to medieval times I guess green was an easy colour to come by then.
Could be a subconscious reference to them rising from the grave, the muck wouldn't be so noticeable on green.
Or it could be were all still suffering st paddy fever.
Its 4am here n ted woke me up I'm very tired but I'm amazed and how rational those answers sound :D go me!

catladybj
03-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Our routine on Saturday night<CLIP>
It was a FAB-U-LOUS way to grow up.:D

Dark Shadows is being remade with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. It is supposed to be released sometime this year. The tag line is that as a child, Johnny Depp was so obsessed with Barnabas Collins that he wanted to be him. It will be interesting to see how he portrays him.:yes:
<END CLIP>

looks like it will be campy and hilarious from the previews I've seen! lookin forward to it!

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Hideyuki Kikuchi wrote vampire hunter D and Yoshitaka Amano illustrated it :D

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 03:48 AM
And I've just seen that dark shadows ran from 66-71 with 1,225 episodes wow!

Vicki Z
03-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I have just seen my first trailer for (the remade) Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.
It looks so NOT like the original Dark Shadows, they may have been smarter to give it a different name, but it does look hilarious!

The trailer is very campy, and very, very different, but it is silly enough that it might make a fairly funny show
(At least that is what I am hoping.)

And the graphics look good, so I think I might see it on the big screen, just to get the "full effect".
We have Saturday matinees for cheap that make going to the theater almost cheaper than renting the DVD :0)
(Well, NOT counting the popcorn, and the soda, and the raisinettes.)

It is definitely on my "to see" list.

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Hehe that means It'll be about 2 years before I get to see it :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-26-2012, 07:41 AM
I have just seen my first trailer for (the remade) Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.
It looks so NOT like the original Dark Shadows, they may have been smarter to give it a different name, but it does look hilarious!

It is definitely on my "to see" list.

I also saw the trailer and agree that it should have been given a different name. I think it is not going to be anything like the television version...I will probably see it when it makes it to dvd. It might end up being pretty good, but just watching the trailer leaves me skeptical.

pixiecorpse
03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
We have a very early saturday morning showing kids films, its a shame it takes too long to round up the troops for the mammoth bus ride or I'd be there every week :D

Vicki Z
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Trivia Alert:
National Garlic Day is April 19th.
Vampires
Beware!

I cannot find any information as to why it is a "National" holiday. Usually that takes a presidential proclamation for a holiday to be a National holiday.

But some of the garlic hats, and garlic headbands, and other garlic wearing apparal created for this holiday are very ingenious.

Below picture may take a while to load, but it is worth the wait!!!!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rhinestonearmadillo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/19/nosferatu.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rhinestonearmadillo.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/04/national-garlic.html&usg=__6BDtEFUj2GWDlua3zEkWw0AzgJQ=&h=438&w=640&sz=35&hl=en&start=17&zoom=1&tbnid=g33rR-sja7jpoM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=137&ei=6qZxT5aXOtS3twfq3aXrDw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnational%2Bgarlic%2Bday%26hl%3Den%26s a%3DX%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

pixiecorpse
03-27-2012, 03:58 PM
hehe that hairband is very funny!

pixiecorpse
03-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Hehe!
My replacements are done and in my gallery and ready to set sail bright and early in the morning :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Had I known I coulda had my mom braid me some awesome garlic accessories....lol!! That woman knows how to braid garlic like no other.

Hey Pix, why you have to make replacements?!?!?

pixiecorpse
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Cos I'm freaking out that my envies not arrived and it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow (thursday) wouldn't want to miss out getting my dirty mitts on any of the wonderful cards :D
And wonderful vicki has been an angel keeping me updated so I just had to make some more :D
I'd end up turning into renfield if I didn't :wacko:

pixiecorpse
03-28-2012, 06:07 AM
They're postal :D

Vicki Z
03-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks, pixie.
I have my fingers crossed, my lucky horseshoe over the mailbox, the ladybugs out and watching, not to mention wearing both my Ankhs.

When the first set shows up (and I am still hopeful - I had a MIA envy I sent to Canada just arrive) you will have extra cards to trade.:)

pixiecorpse
03-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Yay! Thanks so much Vicki!!!
I used the post box instead of the ladies inside the post office this time so they better get there faster! :D

Vicki Z
03-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Your very first cards, the Zodiac sets, arrived in 3 days.
This will be a good test.

pixiecorpse
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Hehe yes it will! The only problem I had with the mailbox outside the post office is my mums awol cards, but I didn't put sender address on the back but thought the postage was ok on it. Everything else from that box has gone great! So hoping you have these by monday :D

KaleidescopeI's
03-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your first set not arriving!! I know I get all knotted up until I hear that my cards have arrived. I hope as they all get there in time. Just don't go eatin' bugs like Renfield....okay...I call my little dog Renfield sometimes cause she catches and eats bugs, and mulch, and flowers, and anything that doesn't try to eat her first....lol!

pixiecorpse
03-29-2012, 02:24 AM
Awww aren't dogs a bit daft :D mine used to chase flies round the living room, one time she fell on the coffee table jumped back up and was off! She didn't cope very well when she actually caught one hehe!
And I've just realised its friday the 13th due date!

And I've overslept on the last day of school...can I get 4 people ready in 45mins....heck yes!!!

Vicki Z
03-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Blood is blood, so here is a blood sucking story.
Hope you have finished breakfast.

Vicki Z
03-29-2012, 07:01 AM
It isn't just dogs that eat bugs.
Once we got a cockroach infestation from a pregnant momma roach that rode in on an ORGANIC bunch of bananas. (so much for NO PESTICIDES)
I would turn on the gas stove, and the cat would rush to eat the bugs as they fled the fire, then she would crawl under the stove to eat the slow ones. They got a little fried, and would crunch as she chewed, and smelled like over-popped popcorn.

She did such a good job, :notworthy:we never had to call the bug exterminator.
But ever after, the cat inspected every banana I brought home.:)
Good cat!!!!:P

Do cockroaches smell good, have "blood", or was it the yummy crunch upon consumption that attracted the cat?

ArtDuJunque
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
It was the movement that attracted her, as to what kept her attention after that i couldn't guess.

Phoenix
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
My cards will be in the mail tomorrow. Here they are (they scanned badly for some reason):

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6688/small/1_Blood_Lust.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=293168) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6688/small/1_Not_So_Innocent.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=293169) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6688/small/1_Hypnotic.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=293170) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6688/small/1_Vampire_Vixen.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=293171)

pixiecorpse
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Wow they look fab! And if that's a bad scan they must be freaking awesome in RL!

KaleidescopeI's
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow they look fab! And if that's a bad scan they must be freaking awesome in RL!

I ditto that, Pix!!

Vicki, I think some animals like to crunch their food....must make it more appetizing. Kinda like people who love potato chips or other snacks. And the thrill of the catch probably adds to it! Usually if I catch the little dog as she snatches up a piece of mulch I'll say "Spit it out" and she does....it's kinda funny! Sometimes she ignores me and keeps chewing.

Phoenix
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Thank you both!

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 12:05 AM
As already said, Phoenix,
AWESOME, AWESOME cards.:notworthy:

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
When you say stick insects, you mean like walking sticks?
I think those are absolutely the most fascinating insects there are.
Why a butterfly farm?

Yes, do post your fang pics.

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Ooh I don't like bugs that would creep me out! Having a boyfriends box of crickets to feed to his tarantula in my flat was awful! Didn't mind the tarantula so much lol

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Bugs that "creep out" really varies from person to person.
Crickets are good luck.
Tarantulas creep out a lot of people.

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
The erratic flying ones get me the worst, moths daddy long legs and when ladybirds do that crazy death dive around the lightbulb!

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
:twitcy:We have had a ladybird problem the last three years..:twitcy:
It was the worst 3 years ago, fairly "light" last year, and a real problem again this year.
They are everywhere.

I will be glad when summer arrives and they are so busy eating aphids they don't have time to bother people.;)