PDA

View Full Version : Vampires and Vixens Swap – Due April 13, 2012

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh I know what you mean they are all over the fence in our garden, handy for the kids counting skills though hehe

Vicki Z
03-31-2012, 09:56 AM
All cards are due on Friday the 13th, or April 13th, or just two weeks from today.
Most of you already have your cards in, but, those of you who do not, there are only 2 weeks to due date.

pixiecorpse
03-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Hehe friday 13th! I'm just waiting patiently until you say those wonderful words, your cards are here :D
I say patiently but I'm a bit twitchy, at least I got some new books from the library to distract me a little :D

Vicki Z
03-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Your cards were not in todays mail.
But I don't really expect them until Monday.
I will let you kow.

pixiecorpse
03-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Me either, there's still 2 weeks and its a bit early to start going crazy over the replacements! My mum got her card yesterday...hers was slow cos I forgot to put extra postage on it, thought it wouldve been ok as it was, I was wrong, but yours definitely had! Going to buy electronic scales I think this week :D

Vicki Z
04-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I am told that Vampires have been spotted in the midst of today's dense fog.
I am told that vampires can walk in sunlight until April 19th, which is National Garlic Day.
I am told that Vampires are particularly hungry right now.
Be sure to wear your turtleneck pullover!
Beware, beware.

Happy April Fools Day.:)

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Oh dang it there's no fog here or I'd be running away in my best white nightie :D

Vicki Z
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
That is positively fangtastic!!!
Is that you?
You are the most gorgeous Vampire I know!

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow! You look amazing! And those teeth are fangtastic!!!!
And now I'm all distracted to make more atcs! Hehe

Dulci
04-01-2012, 07:33 PM
still have to scan them but they're ready and will be to you very soon! i had a ball doing these cards and my hunny kept one for himself! Thanks everyone for playing and thanks to you, Vicki Z, as always, a gracious Hostess :))

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Yay more eye candy to sink our teeth into! Woohoo!
And wow! I was showing hubby some of the cards I was making and he was feining interest as he thinks I should be making more things that he likes like bags and stuff for etsy hehe
My sister on the other hand will either give me a list when she comes next week or just tell me she saw this card or that card in a sneaky hinting way :D

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22973
This is the link to my swap :D Star Wars the Clown Wars :D

Vicki Z
04-02-2012, 01:09 PM
What a clever swap theme.
I am checking it out.

Vicki Z
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
AWESOME cards received from phoenix and pixiecorpse.
Thank you for the hostie cards.

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
It was all georges mispronunciation that gave me the idea :D

And yay!!! I take it its the new ones and not the ones enjoying their trip in the homeland on their way :D

Vicki Z
04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
It is the new ones.
I also sent you a PM explaining that.:)

Still hoping the first set shows up, but at this point it is anyones' guess as to when that will be.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I know! I do wonder where they are, maybe they'll show up with romanian postmarks :D

KaleidescopeI's
04-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I know! I do wonder where they are, maybe they'll show up with romanian postmarks :D

That would be cool. Maybe they decided to take a detour to their homeland.:cool:

Vicki Z
04-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, pixie packed her vampires with suitcases full of booze and craft supplies......
so, that means they are well stocked, and well lubricated, and (hopefully) having a wonderful time where-ever they are.

I put out an APB that they need to return before April 19th or they will be in deep trouble.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Hehe I wish I had a camera in that envie so I know what they are up to! I forgot they had the booze ooh they have harry potters trunk too! Oh so much mischief!!!

They better get there though soon I don't like things going missing makes me cranky! My missing etsy parcel arrived at its destination though, must check my dates to see how long it took...

Vicki Z
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
OMG, I totally forgot about the Harry Potter trunk.
They are undoubtedly up to no good.

And I so want that HP trunk!!!
I shall have to do a back to basics, trunk terminating, retro return, spell to get that silly trunk, and other envelope items, to show up in my mailbox.

KaleidescopeI's
04-03-2012, 04:40 PM
You mean a trunk with spells and potions......ugh....you might not see 'em until the trunk is dry...lol. You should put a retracto trunkorum on that post haste!!:wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't forget mad eyes in the bottom and there's a toad in there...they'll be drained to a husk by now!
Bloody vampires can't trust them with anything!

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gothic-Knits-Fiona-McDonald/dp/1844486486/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333488958&sr=8-4

had to show you this! I saw it in the library the other day and the knitted dolls are so cool! I might have to buy it and attempt to make one or all of them :D

Vicki Z
04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
You find the coolest stuff!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Your welcome! And while I was buying an electronic scale earlier I also bought a necklace with a little jar with blood attached hehe :D

Vicki Z
04-04-2012, 07:09 AM
I also bought a necklace with a little jar with blood attached hehe :D

Be sure to post a pict when the jewelry arrives!!!
Drool!!!!!!

pixiecorpse
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Will do! Won't be long she's in uk too! :D

Lovefroud
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
wooo you guys been bizzzzzeh, fangin, insect counting, loosing stuff, shesh!
Is it April 13 yet??? I need some fun mail dang it!

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Not long now lovefroud! :D

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 06:22 AM
True, is will not be long.
The cards I am still expecting are in the mail, so, soon!!!!:cool:

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Even with the loss I'm still very excited and trying to make as many cards and mail them out before the postage goes up on 30th april. I'm an atc machine! :wacko:

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 06:47 AM
You are an ATC Machine!
I cannot believe all the swaps you are participating in.

Our postage went up in January, and it does make a difference when one does a lot of mailing.

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 07:10 AM
I got an email today from a friend saying internationals going up 60% I'm not that surprised but its still a kick in the pants!
Hehe I try :D and its handy with the kids off school can make some in the day too.
I keep saying to myself I'll slow down then send out a few swaps and then just have to look at the open thread and its never just 1 swap I want to join hehe, good job my new binders almost ready :D

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Tell me about your new binders.
Are you using card holders?
A lot of people use the 3 rows on a page, by 3 cards in a row, "baseball card" holders and keep the pages in a 3 ring binder.
Or do you have a different system for keeping your cATCs?

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
That's. How mine are, I'm just getting one with a custom dead fairy and quotes on it from a lady on etsy :D she loves my atcs so I could trade for it :D

Lovefroud
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
oh good idea Pix.

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
It was all Cyns idea I wish I could take the credit lol now I'm toying with getting a couple more for mum and sis, especially mum for her winnie the pooh apcs better get a wiggle on collecting/making them so she can have it for xmas :D

Vicki Z
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Hardly any mail this entire week, and the Vampire cards I am waiting for have not yet arrived.
Good thing there is another week until due date!
But it won't be long.

pixiecorpse
04-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Nope its not long at all! We don't have post today or monday as its easter weekend so if your the same over there that's even less postie days :wideeyed:

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 11:19 AM
AWESOME cards received from Dulci.
Thank you so much for the hostie card and extra postage.

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
2 days to go! Woohoo!

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Did you get your necklace with a little jar with blood attached??

Be sure to post a pict when the jewelry arrives!!!
Drool!!!!!!

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Oh yes! It came a little while ago, I've been trying to find my bloody phone cable, it won't fit under the scanner :D or now I've come to think about it when I'm on pc later tonight I can just put the blinking link in to the necklace, that photos better anyway! G'ah I wish I could think of stuff first time around, would make it so much easier :wacko:

Vicki Z
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
The last of the cards are here, so I have started swapping out.
I will probably have returns in the mail this weekend!!!

As usual, please remember to give itrades to the host (me) and You Rock! points to people you receive cards from.

And .... just because returns are being mailed out ... this does NOT mean things are over.
I have several surprises lined up for next week, so please remember to check back periodically.

ArtDuJunque
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Woo Hoo, my vamps will find a nice cozy basement stidio when they arrive :-)

pixiecorpse
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Ooh that's fangtastic!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
04-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Can't wait.....I have had to cut back on my AFA time because I need to work on my pending swaps. Hope everyone had a great Easter. We had a nice dinner with friends. I have to work today, but it will do me good. Have a great day! Looking forward to my toothsome boarders to arrive.

pixiecorpse
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM
I know what you mean Kal, I'm supposed to be working on collages today as they take so freaking long to do, but instead I've painted 4 freaks :D

I'm very excited to see what comes through my mail box :D

pixiecorpse
04-15-2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/77494278
thats a link to the jar of blood necklace
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/70291740
and that ones the teeth one :D

Gerry
04-15-2012, 10:22 AM
yayy it seems ages since I sent in my cards, thats the only problem with getting cards made early, you then have a long wait. Looking forward to getting my fangs.

KaleidescopeI's
04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Pix those are awesome!!

Gerry, I am with you on that one. I usually send my cards off about a month in advance since I barely made the deadline on my first swap. I definitely made the deadline for this swap...lol!! Ha...I slay me!

Vicki Z
04-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Pixie,
Those are fabulous. In fact, there are tons of cool pieces of jewelry on that site that are "must haves".
I have already added a couple to my want list.

Gerry & KaleidescoopeI's,
Sending ones cards in early means one is organized, on time, and doesn't forget, but it does make the wait until returns come seem an eternity.
Hopefullly the thread has been entertaining during the wait.

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 03:06 AM
And don't forget if your cards take a vacation on the way it gives a chance to send some more :D

Thank you and yes there's a lot of must haves there!

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks to all of you for some absolutely fangtastic work. The submissions were AWESOME. I loved the cards you sent in and it was obvious a lot of late nights and early mornings went into creating them! I can't believe all the wonderful, unique, and creative ways many of you depicted classic vampire movies and books, vampires and vampiress, and vamps! The range of drawn, collaged, real and fantisized, dreadful and lustful, was to die for. And the chatter, and the puns, and the general craziness was so funny, it often set me to coffin, to a point I spit my Bloody Mary on my Monitor. You all had a stake in making this a fangtastic swap, one that we could all sink our teeth into, so once again, I thank you for the best-est ever swap, I would stake my hostie reputation on it, bloody good time. Not to mention the well-organized day sleepers who, to an undead person, got their cards in early, before dead-line.

US participants have already started receiving their cards, more of you will be getting yours by the end of this week.
International participants, unfortunately, usually have to wait a little longer to get your returns.

When your cards arrive, please remember to give iTrader (to me) and "You Rock" rep points (to the players whose cards you receive in your returns). This is a great way to say thank you for the card, and also then everyone knows where their creations ended up.

Thanks again for playing, and please don't get buried in the puns, fun, and ATC's that follow.....

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 06:47 AM
"The longest hours are dawn to dusk, that mini eternity when we are forced to remain in our long and narrow confines to avoid the killing sun." Anonymous Vampire

Returns have been mailed, but I am certain the wait for ones' returns will seem like a similarly long "eternity", particularly for those of you who sent in your cards early.

Thus, I will do my vampy best to entertain you as you wait for your lucious fang bangers to arrive on your doorstep.

KaleidescopeI's
04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Those are awesome Vicki....I especially love the garlic rumor!!

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Hehe how many puns can you fit in a paragraph! :p
And those cards ard amazingly wonderful!!! Mmmm nossy is sucking me in with those eyes :D

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
They are fangtastic!!!!!
And making me miss my vamps on holiday even more I'd be passing them around like currency right now :D

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I still have hopes they will show up.
I want that HP trunk and the room that bleeds as much as you want your extra cards.

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I want you to have them too!
But I'll stop going on about it or I'll end up being that friend everone avoids that goes on about the ex 6 years later hehe at least I scanned everything so I can make prints :D

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Hehe she's slutty and a little scary! :D

KaleidescopeI's
04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
You know the term bootylicious...well she is battylicious......hehe!!

ArtDuJunque
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh no, more puns. You guys are just too bloody punny"

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 11:05 PM
:jiggy::twitcy::biglaugh::biglaugh::twitcy::jiggy:

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Hehe battylicious that's fangtastic kal!!!

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 06:58 AM
What a punny group.
And for your further entertainment,
We repeat some earlier vampire trivia

How much do you remember?:P

What is the last line of this verse
from the famous 1958 Novelty song by John Zacherie:
A dinner was served for three
At Dracula's house by the sea
The hors doeurves were fine
But I choked on my wine
????????????????????????????

And the last line of this verse
What a swimmer is Dracula's daughter
But her pool looks more red than it oughter
The blood stains the boats
But it's easy to float
????????????????????
This card created by Lovefroud

This early General Mills "Monster" Cereal
features a familiar vampire image.
And the voice on the TV commercial
depicted the same Dracula icon
which was whom??????????????????

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Is the cereal answer bela lugosi! I can't remember the song lyrics though without going back through the thread!
And yay more pictures you are spoiling us!!!!

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes, Bela Lugosi is the correct answer.
I am not surprised you knew, since you seem to like Bela and Christopher Lee about the best as Vampires.

Am I spoiling you?
I thought I was merely entertaining so the wait for returns didn't seem so looooooong.

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 07:14 AM
And very sneaky to have left out the last line on the first verse of your card :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 07:18 AM
I did????
Oh, silly me:wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Spoiling/entertaining...its all wonderful!!!!
Yay! Go me!!! Christopher lees my all time favourite but he was my first :D

KaleidescopeI's
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Christopher Lee and Bela Lagosi were the best, but it is hard to compete with the originals. They cast a mold that is hard to fill. I would have guess that question right myself, but like Pix I do not remember those wonderful verses. Please keep the entertainment coming...you are an awesome host!!

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I feel like I'm in my own vamp movie, george has just had a nosebleed...and he doesn't stand still!!!

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
A moving nosebleed - oh dear!
Even messy vampires keep their mess in one place.

More vampire trivia:

The GCB -- or Garlic Cheese Burger:
This garlic-infused beef patty, is topped with garlic cheese, and plattered on garlic toast,
then served with a blood-red sauce,
The GCB was popularized and still served where? (City and State please)

When is National Garlic Day?

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Is it transylvania, or romania and april 19th!!!! Those are very cool cards :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I assume you are focusing on the castle, but
It is not transylvania or romania.

April 19th is right!
Good job! One out of two correct!

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Hehe now I'm thinking disneyland :D :biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
And just so you know I have been working on your mmh I'm not just glued to my phone honest :wideeyed: hehe

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Actually, I think you should be working on TWO MMH cards for me.
A morbid or weird carnivorous plant
and
one that opens

Regards the Garlic CheeseBurger, think castle, think green castle (see ATC clue)

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I am :D all the bits are cut out and first layer of colour are on.guess who got green brads hehe and trapdoor is cut out and sketched. Had to stop and do the dishes.
Was a little disappointed with my 200 multi coloured brads I only got orange,green and purple! If you want any your very welcome, hopefully the others I got from etsy have blue and yellow so I can finish my paper dolls so they match :D

And now I'm thinking white castle :D although I didn't think they deviated from the plain burger and fries combo, but then we don't have them here so I wouldn't know I'm just speculating :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
multi colored brads + pixiecorpse = orange green and purple!
Makes sense to me.

I don't think I would have sent a pixie's corpse blue pink and yellow pastel brads, either:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Hehe I never thought of it that! It was more a comment on the deceptive picture of at least 6 different colours in the picture, good job I ordered more...and they will get used :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Looks like someone has gotten hooked on the moving card addiction

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
More Vampire Trivia:

You younger ones are probably familiar with the "Vampire Masquerade" video game.
You may need to be slightly older, or frequent ebay, to be familiar with the "Game of Dracula" put out by Waddington Games.

Vampire Trivia question:
What is the significance of the green mask included in this game?

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Its funny how much I love doing them, but don't think about it so much when I'm doing the swaps. Your plants done m'lady! And its good, george keeps thrusting card in my face saying he wants one and the mystery chocolate host card has a moving thing in it n gretch has made 1 of her own too! Its very good but she wants the good brads to fix it together!

I haven't played my vamps masquerade game in ages, and I'd never heard of that game...to ebay for me! I do have a buffy or angel board game in the loft its a bit complicated though :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I am glad you love doing the moving cards.
They are great fun.

I don't see my carnivorous plant in your gallery, so it will be a surprise.
Can't wait.

"Mystery chocolate host card with a moving thing."???
Another surprise. You are a tease!

And you are getting gretch hooked on cards that move.
Good Mum!!

The Game of Dracula is pretty basic, as you can see from the game board.:)
But the green mask is a hoot, and we destroyedd the first mask, and made 3 more masks on our own, because we had so much fun.:notworthy:

The game pieces are also fun, particularly the game piece for Dracula, which actually slips over, and encapulates, the players' piece when he "bites" someone.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Hehe that does sound fangtastic!!!!
No he's not in my gallery...yet....I'll pop him in there in a minute.
She loves them she's even got a couple of mmh cards on their way and george is in the preschoolers swap!
Guess I'll have to get them a binder each if they keep making them :D
And my mystery chocolate card should be finished tonight or tomorrow but I'm sure you'll like it :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm sure I will :0)

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Holy Green Carnivorous Cannibals:notworthy:

That AWESOME carnivorous plant just popped up, and is wonderful.
I am going to have to stock up on eats so he doesn't get hungry in the middle of the night.

Thank you!!

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Your welcome! :D :D :D

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.spoonflower.com/spelunks?type=&q=vampire&x=0&y=0

Cool vampire fabric!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Ya, Spoonflower will print your designs on fabric and you can also buy others designs, but at those prices I don't know. I think it is a great idea, but I can't afford it. I saw a segment they did on a DIY show or one of those morning shows. They have some awesome equipment to be able to make the fabric.

ArtDuJunque
04-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Vicki, you do know the Vampire the masquerade is not only a video game right? It started out as a CCG called jyhad, then a LARP, then they even made a (short lived) TV series.

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 12:14 AM
I know its soooo pricey! Maybe if I just buy swatches, I'll have enough to make a skirt in about 20 years hehe

A few of my friends do the role play...

ArtDuJunque
04-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Here is a link to the TV show
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115232/?mode=desktop
i loved it, even named m youngest after jeff kober's character a Daedalus.

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Ooh cool thanks adj I will have to have a looksie :D

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
WOW!!!!
You guys had a party without me......:(:swoon:

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:06 AM
pixiecorpse,
Thanks for the spoonflower link.
I never heard of them.
The fabric of the undead is sooooo cool, and I am still giggling about the secret life of Nosferatu.
And the comments from one person who said she wanted to make a corset from the undead and garlic fabric is awesome. I can just "see" that made up that way.

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
KaleidescopeI's.
Thanks for your input. At least it sounds like you have heard of them.
Yes, the fabric is pricy.
Michaels had their Yuda screen printing kits on sale, I wonder if I could do fabric.
Chances are I would spend so much time getting things right, it might actually be "cheaper" to buy the fabric made up.

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Tomorrow is National Garlic Day.
Eat lots and lots of Garlic.
Keep the Vampires away - or not.

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 07:17 AM
I wanted to call george and edward eric and ashe but then hubby wouldve realised about my secret crow crush :D and edwards named after thomas the tank not the sparkly one :p

I feel the same way about the screen printing I so want to fo it would make greetings cards a LOT easier to mass produce and I could make cool tshirts but I'm not sure if it would be cost affective.
I've added kindred the embraced to my amazon wishlist and its very cheap woop! Shame my birthdays in august!!!

ArtDuJunque
04-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Dont feel bad, i wanted to get marrief on halloween :-)

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Sounds good to me.
Gothic Theme.
Black Roses.
People dressed as vampires and other creatures of the night.
LOVE IT:notworthy:

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Hehe love that card!!! Yay garlic day, think I'll hold off until after the vamps arrive don't want them to get too scared to come here!

Me too! That would be fantastic...don't think hubby would go for it though (were like the odd couple nothing in common)

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, they say opposites attract.

Vicki Z
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Happy Garlic Day.
Today is National Garlic Day.

pixiecorpse
04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Yay! Garlic day!!!! :D

Phoenix
04-19-2012, 12:34 PM
I received spooky and sexy vamps in my mailbox! Thank you to Raingirl, KaleidescopeI, and Mikesatc, and to our wonderful hostess vamp, Vicki!

pixiecorpse
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Woo! Congrats on being the first phoenix!!!

Vicki Z
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
WOW!
Two people have already received their vamps.
They must make better speed traveling at night when there is less traffic!!!!

Sorry pixie,
It always takes a little longer for mail to get to the UK.

pixiecorpse
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I know its fun to see what everyone else is getting too!
I don't mind waiting :D

Deblit
04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Got my cards today!! Woohoo! Thanks to our hostess for the fun swap! Also thanks to Phoenix for " Not so Innocent", Raingirl for the vixen with the green hood, Gerr for #4 card, Papersaga for the vamp with the purple boa, Dulci for the vixen in red, and Kaleidescope for"Barnabus Collins". Great cards everyone.

KaleidescopeI's
04-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Got mine today also!! Thanks so much Vicki for hosting this fangapaloosa of fun!!! We had a lot of great convo, reminiscing and laughs in this swap and some great cards to top it off. Thanks to all the wonderful artists djl1050 for Gary Oldman as Dracula, Pixiecorpse for Angelus #2, ADJ for Lestat, Lovefroud for Queen of Blood 1967, Phoenix for Blood Lust and last, but not least Mikesatc for the Red haired Vixen. So glad that all cards arrived intact as it looks like my envie was about to pop open from the side. I think the little buggers were trying to chew there way out and head out for some bite seeing...lol! Luckily they have arrived and believe it or not I have garlic planted in large pots by my front door so there will be no escaping from that entrance. I will have to get those garlic chives going too....thanks Vicki. I work at a garden center and herbs came in just the other day. I will have to check if there are any garlic chives in the mix so I can get a head start on my crop. I love Castle Chocula!!!

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Yippee, more cards arriving.
I am glad everyone is pleased with their returns, although it would be difficult to not be pleased, all the cards that were sent in were AWESOME!:notworthy:

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Its funny how much I love doing them, but don't think about it so much when I'm doing the swaps. :D

I just saw your Spiderman that moves on his web down the building (Avenger Swap).
I can't even imagine how you would have made him without brads and movement.:P
Very nicely done!!!:notworthy:

Raingirl
04-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Received great cards from Sing Blue Silver and 2 cards from djl1050. Great work!

pixiecorpse
04-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Thank you vicki, every now and again I do remember that I can do them, like the freaks I already mailed I thought oh they couldve had foldy curtains, oh well too late now! Hehe

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Sorry Raingirl,
I try to only send one card from one artist.
I must have been up too late. But, glad you liked the cards.
Thanks again for participating.

pixiecorpse
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
*big yawn* ok so Its friday and I have just woken from a giant nap all stiff and achy, cup of tea check! Mail check!
Ooh hang on there's an envie from vicki.....
Holy speedy vamps batman!!!!!!
Wooooooooo! Thank you so much for the gorgeous creatures of the night!!!!!
I have spooky and delicious Christopher Lee from Kaleidoscopel!!! Awesome boozy vamp from Lea67000, a dapper victorian Gary Oldman from lovefroud!, a slinky minx from mikesatc, spooky graveyard scene from Brya!,and a fangtastic opening card from dardarbinx!
Will promptly leave itraders and rep points!

Vicki Z
04-21-2012, 06:38 AM
That makes about half of the vamps with confirmed arrival at their new homes.
What is odd, is that some of the locals and some of the Internationals have arrived, but some of the locals and some of the Internationals have not arrived.

Perhaps those that traveled fastest upgraded to first class.

Please be patient.

They are on their way.:v_spin:

pixiecorpse
04-21-2012, 06:42 AM
That is a super cute vampy slug!!!!!!!

Vicki Z
04-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Gretch has been going through my picture files asking if that is a Vamp --- kittens, Queens --- is that Vamp related?

Curiosity is good.
And kittens and queens can be Vamps!!

pixiecorpse
04-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Awwww that kitten is so very cool!!!
And your totally right anything can be a vampire!

Gerry
04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
yayy my cards have arrived, thanks to dardarbinx -Good evening, Nikkiarts - 2/3 and Lea67000- 7/7.
Big vampish thanks go to our host VickiZ :)

KaleidescopeI's
04-21-2012, 09:04 AM
vicki that card is really cute. I love the moveable wings. I will have to try this moveable card idea. I have heard you all talk about them, but I haven't had a chance to give it a go.

lea67000
04-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Got my vampires today, love my returns (I was surprised, I had completely forgotten I had sent 6 :D)

Lovefroud
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM
RETURNS!! Thank you to all! Vicki this was great!

pixiecorpse
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Be careful kal once you start you just can't stop!!!! :D

Vicki Z
04-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes, Kal, do be EXTREMELY careful.

As I warned pixie, when she first started, cards that move are very addictive!
Pixie is already hooked, and her children are hooked.
And pixie has only gotten involved with movement via brads - she hasn't even gotten into the "hard-core" stuff:wacko:

Warning to pixie:
The latest MMH card I made for you has a new movement mechanism:)

pixiecorpse
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Hehe hardcore! Does it have anything to do with the moving sheep in Gerrys swap? I could never do that think that's way outta my league!
I did notice on my kitchen window ledge some kite string...I might have to play with that in a slidey way :D

Pikkis
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
I received my returns today and they are wonderful (or should I say horrible, LOL) ;)! Thank you to Vicki for hosting and sending one of her own creations and to SingBlueSilver and KaleidescopeI´s for the great cards as well!

Vicki Z
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
More vamps flying home.

pixiecorpse
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
It is very sad! :(

ArtDuJunque
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I got mine to dayyyyy yes to dayyyyy (insert happy dance here)
Thanks go to Vicki of course for taking such good care of such fickle creatures.
Brya Amirault for I Sparkle Red!
Raingirl for the Grecian vamp in green.
and Lea67000 for a very bloody freckled "vampire" and little packet of seeds which will be going in my herb garden.

Dulci
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow, i think i got the best cards! Thanks to PATGEL for a seriously spooky vampire! Thanks to Mikesatc for a vampy vixen! Thank you, Danielle for that great portait of Asher! And most of all Thank you to VickyZ for hosting another fun swap!! Off to give those rep points and iTrader :)

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Only 3 people have not confirmed receipt of their toothsome Vamps, then this swap will be successfully completed.
This has been so much fun!!! Thanks to all of you!!!!!:notworthy:

I am not looking forward to closing down this swap,
There must be something else I can come up with.......
Let me think!:cute:

patgel
04-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Vicki
Only two more to go.
I just received mines today. They are great!!
Thanks for hosting, and thanks to Pikkis, SingBlueSilver and Lovefroud.

pixiecorpse
04-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh no! Well I'll still be looming in the thread once its archived I still have to give lea props for the awesome card :D

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 11:53 AM
You can always give itrades and You Rock! points, even after a thread is archived.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to reminise and revamp vampires (in this thread once archived), but many of us are signed up in other threads together, so we can still chat.:)

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I have now heard from all but one person, and that individual has not been on line for quite a while, so that officially wraps up this swap.

Sorry folks.
It's over.

I am going to wrap my wings around myself in sorrow, and go hang rightside up in a corner for a while.

pixiecorpse
04-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I have no idea dar! Unless she's near the begining, and sorry I'm so proactive I keep getting sick of seeing my posts when looking for everyone else to give rep too :D

And those are fantastic vicki!

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank you.
I wanted to leave this thread on a "High Note".

And pixie, don't feel bad about seeing so many of your own posts!!
Everyone has been so chatty, and entertaining, and that takes numerous posts. :0)

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I did find some chocolate red wine at the liquor store.
I shall go console myself due to this swap thread's (archival) demise with same.:)

I also found some Raspberry Pinot Noir Chocolate Sauce that is supposed to be
heated and drizzled on top of cheesecake or ice cream "for finger-licking good eats".
I think I will drizzle the Chocolate Sauce directly on my fingers and go suck my thumb.
I am getting withdrawal fangs (pangs)

pixiecorpse
04-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Yay chocolate wine! Thank you so much for an awesome swap vicki! :D

ArtDuJunque
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
See now I would drizzle directly onto hubby's neck and let his body heat warm it before licking it off.

But thats me.

pixiecorpse
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I woulnt want ti waste booze or art time :D

ArtDuJunque
04-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Hubby = canvas
chocolate sauce = paint
the whole situation = edible art

KaleidescopeI's
04-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Vicki, you will have to let me know what you think of the chocolate wine. Hopefully it isn't the stuff that looks like YooHoo.

Well, we knew it could not last forever....it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for hosting a great swap!! I am sure I will see everyone in one swap thread or another...art on everyone.:)

pixiecorpse
04-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Don't forget yourself vicki!
On an unrelated note I've had a really sore neck since sunday....

Vicki Z
04-25-2012, 07:21 AM
:notworthy:
You guys are the best!