Vicki Z
02-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Vampires and Vixens Swap – Due April 13, 2012
Swap Due Date: Friday the 13th, April 13, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: April 13, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited

Returns Mailed April 15th

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him. ~ Garrett Fort

A swap dedicated to vampires and vampire lovers alike, plus female vampires and vixens. The creepy, scary, sexy beings that keep us up at nights to watch their movies and fuel our dreams (and desires). Let's get back to the original vampy-ness and focus on the classic horror movies and early vampire books. Not wanting to list the hundreds of movies and books out there, but Nosferatu, Count Dracula, the Ann Rice Vampire Chronicles, Lost Boys, or male or female vampires in general, are okay. But please stay away from the new vampire stuff like Twilight, Tru Blood, The Vampire Diaries. If you lust for Edward, there are other swaps to join.

Make cards that show the creepy, scary, sexy aspect. No cute vampires, no children dressed up as vampires, are allowed.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* Any theme, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address. Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area and be nice and thin and only pay for the normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by April 13, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
Friday the 13th!!!!!
Vampires and Vixens Swap – Due April 13, 2012

*1. Lovefroud - it - Cards Received 3/09
2. Nikkiarts - it - Cards Received 2/13
*3. papersaga - it - Cards Received 2/10
*4. Mikesatc - it - Cards Received 2/14
*5. SingBlueSilver - it - Cards Received 2/24 * UNITED KINGDOM
*6. Gerry - it - Cards Received 2/22 * UNITED KINGDOM
*7. pixiecorpse - it - Cards Received 4/02 * UNITED KINGDOM
*8. dardarbinx - it - Cards Received 2/10 * CANADA
*9. Pikkis - it - Cards Received 3/07 * FINLAND
*//. raynedrop - WITHDREW
*10. lea67000 - it - Cards Received 2/22 * FRANCE
*//. Onaki - WITHDREW
*11. KaleidescopeI's - it - Cards Received 3/15
*12. BryaAmirault - it - Cards Received 3/02
*13. Vicki Z - it - Cards Received 2/01
*14. djl1050 - it - Cards Received 3/23
*15. Phoenix - it - Cards Received 4/02
*//. wolfwynd - WITHDREW * UNITED KINGDOM
*16. ArtDuJunque - it - Cards Received 2/24
*17. Sandy - it - Cards Received 4/12
rn18. Dulci - it - Cards Received 4/10
*19. Lilthamel - aa - it - Cards Received 3/15
*//. christinamc85 - NOT ON LINE - NO RESPONSE TO PM
*20. patgel - it - Cards Received 3/12 * IRELAND
*//. karlz - WITHDREW
*21. Raingirl - it - Cards Received 3/23

* INTERNATIONAL

Lovefroud
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
me please!

Nikkiarts
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Me please

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Welcome Lovefroud and Nikkiarts.
I have signed up both of you.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome papersaga.
Happy to have you on board.
I have signed you up.

Mikesatc
02-02-2012, 09:09 AM
i would love to join this swap i love vampires

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Welcome Mikesatc.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Welcome SingBlueSilver, both to my Swap and to this site.
What a pretty name!
I have signed you up.

If you have any questions at all, please ask.
We are a friendly group, and always available to assist.

Gerry
02-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Me please I cant wait to get my 'teeth' into this one I think it will be one I can 'stake' my life on getting done as long as I dont get a 'coffin' fit again that keeps me completing them in time.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 09:55 AM
YIPPEEEEEEE
The Pun Queen has arrived!

AWESOME response!!
Welcome, Gerry!
I have signed you up for another swap.

Now, don't get buried!:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
ME ME ME!!!!! Can't say no to this swap!!!! Woohoo!!!
Can you tell I'm excited :D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Welcome pixiecorpse.
Yes, I did rather notice your excitement.:yes:

I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Well. . . . .
What can I say
My favorite metal
My favorite color
And I love LISTENING to singing, cos I cannot carry a tune in a paper bag.:sad:

dardarbinx
02-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi Vicky, thanks for the invitation...please sign me up

Dar

Pikkis
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I have to join this, if I may, please :)! Hosted a vampire-themed swap some time ago and the cards received were fabulous!

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Welcome dardarbinx.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome Pikkis.
Yes, I remember your vampire-themed swap.
In fact, I participated in it.

Loved the swap.
Loved my returns.
Thank you for signing up for my vampire swap.

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Yay thank you! I love vamps! The only problem I'll have is limiting myself :D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
You can send in 6 if that helps.
I have a thing for those tall, dark, dandies of the dark.

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah its going to be 6. I could probably do more hehe! Yep give me the dark ones anyday...not to partial to the sparkly kind myself.
Hmmm thinking cap is on and ready... :D

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I like Christopher Lee but he wasn't such a hottie either, gerard butler made a tasty dracula....and then there's the lost boys.....

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:20 PM
You share my taste in these necromancer naughties!

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
And you know I'm wearing a necklace with vamp teeth n red gems through it and it was made by a lady with the surname cushing, I like to pretend she's related to peter :D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
It's a good thing you are in the UK.
I would track you down and arm wrestle you for that necklace.
Wherever did you find it?

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I got it from a shop on etsy...they have swap teams :D there's a lot of cool stuff on there.:D

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM
thanks.
I will look.
your necklace is safe

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Phew! That was lucky I was just getting the 2x4s to block all the windows hehe
Autumnblaze is where I got mine from think she only had the one but there's a LOT of jewellery shops and a few use the teeth pendant :D

Gerry
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey Vicki I am not far away from Hull, just a quick drive across the Humber bridge...for a bribe I might go arm wrestle pixiecorpse for you..:laugh:

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Bribes!!!
I have fish cards for you.
I have cards that move for you.
I have a fistfull of background cards for you.
I am putting them into ann envelope even as we speak!

Gerry
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Bribes!!!
I have fish cards for you.
I have cards that move for you.
I have a fistfull of background cards for you.
I am putting them into ann envelope even as we speak!

Ohhhh you are really spoiling me..:yes: ok for those, I wont drive, I will swim across to Hull. (Looks out the window at the snow and changes her mind.):err:.

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Apparently I have correctly remembered your likes and preferences.
:skeptical::goofy::biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
hehe....oh no ganging up on me now...I'll be keeping my eye on the water :D
nice to see a neighbour though

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Gerry is a terriffic person.
However, I do believe I have figured out how to effectively bribe her. LOL

Better get out those 2x4s you mentioned earlier to block your windows after all.

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Awwww and I wanted to paint not d.I.y lol

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
You have time to paint.
Didn't Gerry say it was snowing?

shahzaadee
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Lurking. Like Vampires sometimes do.
~grins evily (is evily a word? :no: )

Vicki Z
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Lurkers welcome.
I don't know if evily is a word, or not??

raynedrop
02-02-2012, 11:15 PM
:confused:I have been away since May of last year, but I would like to start again. May I join this swap? My husband thinks he is a vampire.

shahzaadee
02-03-2012, 12:23 AM
raynedrop, does he have a reflection? Eat garlic?

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 12:56 AM
:confused:I have been away since May of last year, but I would like to start again. May I join this swap? My husband thinks he is a vampire.

Why does he think he is a vampire?
Just being up all night and wanting to sleep late isn't enough.:skeptical:

I have signed you up, raynedrop.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 02:43 AM
I was going to say we haven't had any snow so shhh don't tell gerry!
But I've just looked out the window and we have. School runs and doctor appointments shall be fun today!
Hehe raynedrop has a vamp and I have a couple of shambling zombies dripping ooze everywhere! Colds and conjunctivitis! :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 07:32 AM
head lice, shambling zombies, colds and conjunctivitis.
Could you mark your envelope with a big red "X" when you mail it to me so I can put it into my autoclave before I open it up.

I would ask you to mark your envelope of ATCs "Hazardous" but it probably wouldn't make it through customs if you did.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Can do! Yeah don't think it would be appreciated if I wrote hazardous! Might think I'm a very dumb terrorist, espeically with my return address on the back hehehe.
I've done 1 so far, need to scan a TON of stuff tonight so I'll pop it in there to so you can all see.
Its just a black and white ink comic style of angelus to start me off. :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Sounds great.
Looking forward to seeing what you created.

KaleidescopeI's
02-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Lurking for now. I have to see if I can work it in. I have loved vampires for forever.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Forever is a perfect word for loving vampires.
Lurkers are welcoe, but hope to see you back, kaleidescopeI's.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Hope its worth the wait hehe, they won't all be like it though, I like to mix it up...
And you know what I actually have an edward and bella in ink too hehe I found it lurking in my unfinished pile...

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I like Edward and Bella, although I am really more Team Jacob.
I have all the books, read them twice, been to the movies, but I still prefer the classics.

The whole sparkle in the sunlight thing is a "new" legend. In the early legends sunlight killed. Maybe there is a certain comfort in knowing that there is a way to terminate the bad ones. Like the nasties in "From Dusk till Dawn". George Clooney starred in that movie, but not too many people have ever seen it. It is rated a horror film, but some of the characters are very comical, like the guy with the gun in his belt buckle!

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I think I'm more team jacob too, mainly because the werewolves are cuter!
I've read the books n have 2 of the films...not watched them yet though I don't get much tv time. The books were good, but bella annoyed the pants off me.
Some of the newer twists on the "rules" are quite good, but yeah I'm not a fan of the whole sparkly thing!
Hehe I loved from dusk till dawn, been a while though, forgot it was clooney. I keep going back to the Vampires sequel with jon bon jovi in it.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Vampires los muertos?
I don't remember much about that one.
Must be time to re-see it.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
That's it I don't remember much apart from bon jovis in it and I quite liked it.
Still haven't seen any true blood yet, in fact I've only just seen the moonlight season I did like that :D
Have to watch stuff when hubbys out as he doesn't like it just wish he was out more often :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Oh, I LOVED Moonlight. Private investigator Mick St. John as portrated by Alex O'Loughlin.
It only lasted one season, then got cancelled, and I was soooooo bummed.

O'Loughlin went on to another TV series called Three Rivers, as a Doctor in a big hospital, but it sucked (pardon the pun) and got pulled. He is currently in Hawaii Five-0 which I also don't like.

He needs to go back to being a vampire:yes:

lea67000
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Sign me up, I hope I won't end up with too cute looking vampires.

And speaking of vampire books, the Ann Rice Vampire Chronicles are my favorites.

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Yes they are fantastic lea! I was sad she stopped them. My new found loves are hamilton and keri arthur :D

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
You are signed up lea67000.
Welcome to this crazy, chatty, bunch.

ReverieJJ
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
lurking for now...

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Lurkers welcome, ReverieJJ.
Hope to see you back.

KaleidescopeI's
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Moonlight was a good show. I too, which they had not cancelled it. He had to be the sexiest vampire ever.....woo....my heart is starting to palpitate. Alex is adorable, but he was the shizzle as a vamp. Trueblood was good the first few seasons, but haven't seen any new ones lately. If anyone has seen any new episodes let me know if you think it is getting better or worse. I was starting to loose interest a bit.

I am still a fan of the older vampire/dracula movies. I did like VanHelsing with ...darn, I forgot his name, but I am sure you know who I mean.....and Kate Beckinsale. My mom watched Dark Shadows when I was a kid and my sister and I watched Creature Feature...not sure if anyone ever heard of that or not. It showed the older horror movies like the Blob and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. My sister would buy monster magazine all the time...doubt that is even around anymore. Hopefully, if I get caught up on my other swaps I will get in on this one....crossing my fingers!!!!

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Our routine on Saturday night was to go to the neighbors for a big meal, then while mom and the neighbor lady cleaned up, and the men checked the cows, the crops, and smoked, us kids always were allowed to stay up late and watch Creature Feature at the neighbors.

They had an old house, that creaked in the wind, and moaned in the breeze, and gave GREAT ambiance to the old movies. Once a month Creature Feature ran a double feature that lasted really late, and if we were really good, we got to stay up and watch, then we spent the night at the neighbors, in a big four poster bed, up in the attic, with moonlight streaming in. Romantic, scary, creepy and cool all at the same time.
It was a FAB-U-LOUS way to grow up.:D

Dark Shadows is being remade with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. It is supposed to be released sometime this year. The tag line is that as a child, Johnny Depp was so obsessed with Barnabas Collins that he wanted to be him. It will be interesting to see how he portrays him.:yes:

Get busy
Get caught up
Come on back

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Hugh Jackman is the guy in van helsing...i like that one too never seen creature feature, but im assuming it was probably like our house of horror or maybe tales of the unexpected....
yes mr moonlight was very yummy!

KaleidescopeI's
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks pixiecorpse, I hate it when a name escapes me like that. I wouldn't turn him away either....if I were single of course.

Vicki, I forgot about the double feature until you mentioned it. Did you also get a program called Pywacket Presents? Pywacket was a black cat with orange eyes, if I remember correctly. Other than that I don't remember any other host, but there probably was. They also featured scary movies. We will see how Johnny does. I think I remembered hearing about that, but had forgotten. Hopefully, he won't be bringing Jack Sparrow into the character.......Barnabus Sparrow......lol!! Don't get me wrong because I like Johnny, I just didn't care for him in the remake of Willy Wonka....that was freaky...besides he couldn't compete with Gene Wilder even if the movie had been remade exactly the same.

Vicki Z
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I remember Pywacket.
I even hunted and hunted until I found myself a black cat with gold eyes - as close to orange eyes as I could get. Loved that cat, and Pywacket!

And don't forget Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, in her role as horror movie hostess. Although she seemed to host more of the campy B movies than the good classics.

Gene Wilder is impossible to compete with, whether as Willy Wonka or as Dr. Frankenstein.

LOVED Young Frankenstein.
I still use some of the movie quotes -
He was my boyfriend
Look at those knockers
Roll, roll, roll in the hay

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes some films just shouldn't be remade!
Oh how me and my friend would laugh at the bit where they sing putting on the ritz!
I liked haunted honeymoon...that one was a good gene wilder film.
I'm just doing a watercolour of amanda bearse from fright night, nah I'm not clever enough to remember her name its written on the paper lol...

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I put angelus in my gallery. I'm amazed I managed to do it through my phone, when I scan him I'll edit the pics over :D

pixiecorpse
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh I added dracula too...gary oldman style...I actually quite like that version I know a lot of people don't but there you go :D

Onaki
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Ohh yes! Sign me up Vicki! :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Well, since I am lurking and I have until the end of March to mail, please sign me up. I am taking up almost all of the thread anyway. At the rate we are going it will be 100 pages long...lol. I can't believe I forgot Elvira.....unfortunately I don't remember any of the movies...or should I say fortunately! Young Frankenstein is one of my all time favorites. There were too many good lines in that movie. My husband and I are talking about it and laughing right now. When Dr Frankenstein says to Igor, " I can help you with that hump." Igor replies "What hump?"

Definitely hard to beat Gene Wilder!!

Lovefroud
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Thinking of Elvira as I asked to be signed up! Love her campy-ness! I am a lover of Gary Oldman as Dracula too, well Gary Oldman in anything really.

BryaAmirault
02-04-2012, 12:18 AM
sign me up!!!!

shahzaadee
02-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I just came home from watching 'Dracula' starring Bela Lagosi at Retrofantasma, a series that Carolina Theater runs here in Durham NC once a month. It's a classic, creature-double-feature and so they also showed 'Wolfman', all on 35mm, big-screen format. Such wonderful imagery!! Wish you all could have been there! Nothing like black/white to make it spookier!!

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 02:41 AM
I have to agree lovefroud gary oldman is wonderful!
On a side note why the heck am I up earlier than all of the kids on a saturday morninf, its just not right!
I can't help it but every time you all mention Elvira I keep seeing booberella from simpsons hehe

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:01 AM
FAB cards pixiecorpse! Both Angelus and Dracula, gary oldman style, are to die for.
And while I was in your gallery, I noticed "The Room Bleeds" Now that is very cool!!!

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Oooowww, Angelus, there is no need to send it to the swap because I am probably going to join anyway so let's just delete the middleman...aka Vicki....and we can call it good. What do say????

And, KaleidescopeI's,
Now you do understand that I am up all night, and I see everything.:yes:
It isn't a good idea to try to delete the middleman when she be me.
Although pixiecorpse indicated a desire to create more than the allowed 6 cards, so I may be lenient regards your transgression - for my "pint of blood"!:biglaugh:

I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Onaki, I signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome BryaAmirault.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I just came home from watching 'Dracula' starring Bela Lagosi at Retrofantasma, a series that Carolina Theater runs here in Durham NC once a month. It's a classic, creature-double-feature and so they also showed 'Wolfman', all on 35mm, big-screen format. Such wonderful imagery!! Wish you all could have been there! Nothing like black/white to make it spookier!!

You lucky dog, you, to see Wolfman that way.
You are right, black/white = spookier!!

When they started colorizing the classics, I was most upset.:arghh:
Fortunately that trend stopped before it got too far.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 07:25 AM
I have to agree lovefroud gary oldman is wonderful!
On a side note why the heck am I up earlier than all of the kids on a saturday morninf, its just not right!

Ah, Saturday.
The day we are allowed to sleep late.
And we are up.

I developed that habit as a child - get up early and watch Saturday morning cartoons, before Mom reminded me of chores, homework, getting out of my pajamas.:D

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Hehe yes I can be persuaded, I'll have to check my backgrounds I know I have some staircases...
You know as I was going through my binder of finished work I actually found an edward, an edward and bella, a christopher lee dracula and a lady vamp with lots of teeth lol some may creep in some may not hehe

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 08:02 AM
And thank you both for the lovely comments although I don't want to start a fight hehe or do I :goofy:

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah I have some other vamp prints too, did I tell you I liked vampires hehe

KaleidescopeI's
02-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Drat, caught in the act...".Vicki, please forgive me!!!".....(down on my knees averting my eyes away from your all seeing gaze and hoping you won't drain me to the last drop). I will promise to try and be good and never do it again unless it is in a PM....err, I mean never ever again!

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Hehehe

KaleidescopeI's
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Shahz, you lucky girl!!!!! I love Bella Lugosi. He had an awesome stare and somewhere in the back of my mind I am hoping there is an ancestral connection because my parents are also Hungarian. Not only that my Dad had a stare that would reduce you to tears at first, but place this hypnotic hold on you so you would never ever do that again....the thought of it was wiped from your memory....lol!!! The flaw is that Dad loved garlic.....he made garlic toast by rubbing the toast with a clove of it...not sure if before or after the butter....and talk about potent.
I actually did a drawing of Bella Lugosi this past October while visiting my Mom. Unfortunately, I left it at my sisters or I would post it. I guess it is time for an atc size version..

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Drat, caught in the act...".Vicki, please forgive me!!!".....(down on my knees averting my eyes away from your all seeing gaze and hoping you won't drain me to the last drop). I will promise to try and be good and never do it again unless it is in a PM....err, I mean never ever again!

I LOVE humble.
You are forgiven!

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
That's a fantastic picture!!!! Love it!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
02-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Vicki, you know what this means.....I might actually have some vampire ancestry in me afterall......bla..bla! That is a fantastic picture!

lea67000
02-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I've made 4 cards so far (maybe I'll go for 6 as there's plenty of time left)

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/13/83/92/86/dsc02510.jpg

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Hehe I wish I did that would be cool! I just get vikings lol :D
Been sorting through my prints and backgrounds, will upload the backgrounds for you to have a look at vicki to see which you prefer and I'll upload the prints too for trade :D
Need to sell something soon then I can make more prints weeeeee!
And figure out how to resize my a4 images as have a few good ones in there for prints too....

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow lea! Those are ace!!! :D

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
AWESOME cards, lea!
Thank you for posting pictures.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Hehe I wish I did that would be cool! I just get vikings lol :D
Been sorting through my prints and backgrounds, will upload the backgrounds for you to have a look at vicki to see which you prefer and I'll upload the prints too for trade :D
Need to sell something soon then I can make more prints weeeeee!
And figure out how to resize my a4 images as have a few good ones in there for prints too....

Didn't you know that there are Viking Vampires?
They are some of the more mean and bloody ones - rather like they were in real life!!!

I am a bit lost on some of this.
I assume the background choice is for the room that bleeds?

On resizing, can you use a copier to do a reduction or does that really mess up the quality? We have companies here that will do that fairly cheap, or will allow an individual to do it themselves, for even cheaper, but I don't know what the situation is in the U.K.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I love Bella Lugosi. He had an awesome stare and somewhere in the back of my mind I am hoping there is an ancestral connection because my parents are also Hungarian. Not only that my Dad had a stare that would reduce you to tears at first, but place this hypnotic hold on you so you would never ever do that again....the thought of it was wiped from your memory....lol!!! The flaw is that Dad loved garlic.....he made garlic toast by rubbing the toast with a clove of it...not sure if before or after the butter....and talk about potent.
I actually did a drawing of Bella Lugosi this past October while visiting my Mom. Unfortunately, I left it at my sisters or I would post it. I guess it is time for an atc size version..

Vicki, you know what this means.....I might actually have some vampire ancestry in me afterall......bla..bla!

Sounds like you had a great dad. And being proud of ones ancestral connection is great.

WOW, a Viking Vampire who was all pouty (Viking Vampires are good), a French Vampire who worries about drawing too cute (you didn't), and now a possible Hungarian Vampire. This is turning into an interesting swap.

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 03:02 PM
What about George Hamilton in "Love at First Bite"?
He made quite the dashing, if different, vampire.

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
hehe no i didnt know that, I knew they were pretty good at fighting though lol.
Ok heres the link to the background for the blood. I have the other ones on disc but need to get printer ink n dont know how long that will take lol
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=281733

there isnt really any atc printers over here and didnt want to pay for 100copies of each picture would've been expensive!!! so i edited them into 2s and got 6x4s done so need to cut them out now. so even with the prints theres going to be a bit of originality hehe...heres one:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=281742
i know i can resize them myself, its just a pain in the booty lol

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
i've not seen love at first bite, but you made me think of Nicholas Cage in Vampires kiss....and for some reason eddie murphy in vampire in brooklyn hehe

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Yay! All my posters are in the loft hubby gets jealous :goofy: along with my coveted buffy/the crow/spiderman action figures I really should have been a boy lol

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I made my 1st card for this today I still even today have a poster up in my spare bedroom of Lestat :)

Congrats on your first card!
Lestat in your bedroom.
Oh, the dreams you must have.......

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I have 2 whole shelves in my bedroom with action figures on the top one is my Dr Who shelf :)

Dr Who - now there is material for an entire ATC Swap

Deblit
02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Me! ME! Please.

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've just done a few dr cards for a diff swap have a couple of prints too ;)

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Right I better get my paint on and just one last word vincent perez mmmmmm

Vicki Z
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Welcome djl1050, almost missed you there.:embarrassed:
I have signed you up.

Mikesatc
02-04-2012, 09:23 PM
my vampires and vixens

pixiecorpse
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Those are fab Mike!!! Love those green dresses! Gorgeous vixens!! :D

Gerry
02-05-2012, 08:15 AM
My cards are finished and will be in the post next week. :D

Lovely cards Mike

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeh Gerry!
Looking forward to seeing what you created.

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
FAB cards, Mike.
Thank you for posting pictures so we can all be inspired.

Lovefroud
02-05-2012, 11:02 AM
mike I love the yellow background against that green dress.....rrrraaarrrr, she is so Jessica Rabbit! love her!

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Just added fright night to my gallery :D she's a bit different to the other 2 :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I agree with lovefroud. Mike is excellent with doing vivacious, voluptuous vixens!!

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Great cards being posted.
I think I like Mike's redhead best, although she looks like a wardrobe malfunction about to happen.
FUN!!!

Fright Night is FAB, pixiecorpse.
And very different.
You have quite a range of drawing styles!

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Hehe thanks! I think I might have a slight case of ADD when it comes to my art I like to mix it up and experiment. :D

Phoenix
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I can't pass this one up! May I play?

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Of course you may play, Phoenix.
I have signed you up.

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Great cards being posted.
I think I like Mike's redhead best, although she looks like a wardrobe malfunction about to happen.
FUN!!!

Fright Night is FAB, pixiecorpse.
And very different.
You have quite a range of drawing styles!

Actually, looking at that redhead again, her facial features remind me of a young Liz Taylor. What do you think? Well, I drew two last night. They look so good in pencil that I am afraid to touch them. I might muck them up rather than make them better........uuuuggggghhhh!!!!:arghh: Oh well, I scanned them already just in case so I remember how good they looked. Gonna draw some more before the inking process.

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I see your point about a young Lix Taylor, particularly around the eyes.

Doesn't look like you scanned your cards to your gallery. . . . :sad:
I did try to take a peek.

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Well I will post them here, just so you can see the work in progress....give me a minute...brb.

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Here ya go...now keep in mind these are in progress.

Vicki Z
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
OMG.
Those are AWESOME.
I can see why you are hesitant to touch them......

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks Vicki! Well, I will mull it over for a day or two and try to keep whatever I do to them simple. I think I will try to keep Dracula dark and minimal color and with the Bride, I will try to keep it subtle as well. Gonna go put my thinking cap on and maybe knock out another one to add to the line up.

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
wow! They are awesome!!!!
if it was me I'd slowly add colour from the background, or print off a copy to colour in first maybe :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Good idea Pix, I think I will print several off and try some techniques. I am glad to the input!! Thanks.

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
your welcome! I've cocked up a few being too eager to add colour/ink etc before thinking I couldve just copied it in stages. glad I could help :D

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
on another note I cant believe you put so much detail into sketches to paint over its amazing! i am far too lazy hehe

lea67000
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
on another note I cant believe you put so much detail into sketches to paint over its amazing! i am far too lazy hehe

I usually sketch very little, paint and then add the details. The problems with my watercolors is that they don't hide the pencil. So I try to have as little drawing as possible before painting (but sometimes I have to throw away cards once painted because they don't look as fine as I wanted).

KaleidescopeI's
02-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Well, I actually should have had the name eraserqueen, because I add a lot of detail to my sketches. I ink my drawing and then erase alot of the detail before I paint. I know it seems like a waste of time, but I have a tendency to get carried away....lol. If you only knew how long it took me to draw those until I was happy with them you would think I was creating a masterpiece to hang in the Louvre. I should try to be more fearless and just slap it on there....I might surprise myself.

pixiecorpse
02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I cheat lea I had the same problem with pencil marks so I use watercolour pencils ;) I'm sneaky!
What do you use to ink kaleidoscopel? I sometimes try it that way with my gel pens and sometimes just a bog standard fountain pen and I always manage to smudge a bit even when I've left it a few days drives me bandy!!!

shahzaadee
02-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Kaleide-We must be connected artistically, I have a vampire/creature that looks so similar to your lady vamp. It is in pencil and I couldn't decide to keep it a sketch or color it in... so it's 'in there somewhere'. When I find it, maybe I should post it for your entertainment.
And p.s.-
I'd be delighted to receive either of your cards JUST LIKE THAT!!!

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Pix, I use a Pigma Archival Micron pen 005 by Sakura. It has a very fine tip...supposed to be waterproof and fade proof when dry. They also come in different tip sizes and colors. It works pretty well. I also used that trick of the watercolor pencil in a neutral color like gray or tan because it blends out when you paint and no pencil marks.

I have yet to master markers and until I do, I don't want to invest in Copics. I am thinking about one or two of the prismacolor markers just to get the feel of it....they are about half the price of Copics.....just to be sure I am not throwing my money away because I can't get it to work for me.

Shahz, I would love to see it if you find it and thank you for saying that!! I drew another one earlier today. I plan on drawing up a few more. Unfortunately, I am a artist who does a much better drawing if I have a visual. Sometimes I can come up with a pretty good mental picture, but most times not.

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks kaliedescopel! I shall have a look for one of those. I'm pretty new to the atc game myself only been making them since august so I'm the same with regards to markers very nervous hehe. I used to paint BIG but there's just no way to store them and the canvas gets a bit pricey and my kids go everywhere doodling on everything. My 5yo even wrote no drawing on the wall,on her bedroom wall :D
I used to do a lot of a4 stuff in biro,angelus the original is like that but it fades after a bit ad just looks rubbish!
I'm the same need a visual to work from, my mum bought me a book on how to draw vampires its fantastic, must find the picture my daughter drew from it hehe its very cute :D

Jesimal
02-06-2012, 07:38 AM
lurking for now...

Vicki Z
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Sounds perfect.
Can't wait to see what you create.

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 10:56 AM
SBS, that sounds like a great idea. I haven't done any collage, but may have to give it a try one of these days.

Pikkis
02-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh, Iīm so thrilled to see some collaged vampires,as Iīm going to collage mine... And donīt have anything against the drawn ones either, but canīt draw anything myself... So canīt wait to see your cards SingBlueSilver!

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I love collage :D I just need more supplies! Ooh I've just remembered I saw a van helsing calendar somewhere the other day hmmmm I shall look into that...

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Oooww, a Van Helsing calendar with Hugh Jackman.???

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Yep! I never throw anything away lol!

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't throw that away either!!! Well, I printed out some copies and gonna try inking. Printed out 2 of each.

Vicki Z
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Oooww, a Van Helsing calendar with Hugh Jackman.???

I wouldn't throw that away either!!! Well, I printed out some copies and gonna try inking. Printed out 2 of each.

I'll distract pixiecorpse, and you grab the calendar.
Then you distract pisiecorpse, and I will find that necklace she isn't wearing today, anyway:biglaugh:

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll distract pixiecorpse, and you grab the calendar.
Then you distract pisiecorpse, and I will find that necklace she isn't wearing today, anyway:biglaugh:

Okay...we'll have to hurry before she is wise to us!!!:D

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Hehe you nearly had me! I'd be easily distracted still full of cold!
Yay to printouts I'm very excited :D
It was only the cover of the calendar I found, I'm sure I have the rest somewhere its just figuring out in which box/pile I've put it in...need to be more organised :D did find about 3 calendars of the crow though hehe

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Pix, we are too much alike. I am the same way, hate to throw stuff out and then know I have it, but exactly where...box/pile...lol. I sometimes spend days looking for one thing and then as the last resort I will look in one stupid little place where I might have put it....there it is. Or the only box I didn't look in because it wouldn't possibly be in that one. Organized chaos...that's me!!:goofy:

pixiecorpse
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Hehe me too,hubby asked me today if I knew where the soundcard for his pc was and I know exactly where it is its not easy to get to tho hehe
I've just made a classic boo boo,was doing a lestat card,painted him green made the lady's mouth odd so now it looks like a zombie and a blow up doll think I better not paint anymore tonight :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
lmao....that is too funny....you should actually finish it that way...might come out better than you think!!

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Hehe I did! It looks good but still like a zombie and a blow up doll lol

lea67000
02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
More vampires!

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/13/83/92/86/dsc02511.jpg

As there's plenty of time, they'll stay warm in my desk until the postal mess because of the cold wave is over.

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
SPECTCULAR cards lea!
Love your embellishments - the bats, and the spider.:D

I don't think vampires need to be kept "warm", but keeping them save until the postal mess clears is a good idea.

Thank you for posting these wonderful cards.

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Fantastic cards Lea!!!!
Love the one with a spider!
Love her rosy cheeks, I look like that after a glass of wine :D

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
SEE!!!!

Proof positive that your ancestry includes Viking Vampires.:yes:

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Hehe that's true! And I'm a cheap date ;)

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Never a "cheap" date,
You are a real value reasonably priced:D!

KaleidescopeI's
02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Hehe I did! It looks good but still like a zombie and a blow up doll lol

OOhhhh, please post it,,,I wanna see, I wanna see!!!!

KaleidescopeI's
02-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Never a "cheap" date,
You are a real value reasonably priced:D!

Lol, I will have to remember that one.

ArtDuJunque
02-07-2012, 12:56 PM
This is a swap I could really sink my teeth into!
Now, my interest in vampires is wide and varied, books from bram stokers dracula to laurell k. Hamiltons anira Blake and yes even twilight and sookie stackhouse. My question is, are you saying we CAN'T do any modern vampires or should it just be limited. Cause I'dove to try my hand at Asher from the Anita Blake novels, and maybe Michael from the lost boys. Maybe some jyhad (a.k.a. vampire the masquerade) characters.

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Hehe that sounds good vicki lol!
I'll post the pic in a bit, after we've had tea kaleidoscopel.
And artdujunque if vicki says no you can make all of those cards for meeeeeeeeeee!
But she'll probably say yes, I've been thinking about jean claude from anita blake n keifers character from lost boys, running out of cards for all my ideas hehe and oooohhhh vampire masquerade game I love that too!!!! Have it for my pc but its a role play one as well isn't it?

ArtDuJunque
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Yep, role playing, ccg, and computer. They even did a tv show for like 6 episodes.

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Ooh I didn't know about the tv show wow!

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
here it is :D

And my spares that might make it into the swap but might not have more I want to make :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-07-2012, 04:45 PM
lmao....she does look like a blowup doll, but I like it!! Little does he know behind those pouty lips are a set of fangs. I am also doing a Christoper Lee, but a bit different than yours....nice group of cards there!!! Looks like you are practically done.

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for letting me know your cards are on their way, papersaga.
I will watch for them.

pixiecorpse
02-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks kaliedoscopel! Hehe I'm still doing more then I can choose which ones I want to include, definitely angelus,oldman dracula and fright night so a lot will end up in trade section hehe

wolfwynd
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Please can I join the swap? Thank you. :)

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome wolfwynd.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-07-2012, 08:13 PM
This is a swap I could really sink my teeth into!
Now, my interest in vampires is wide and varied, books from bram stokers dracula to laurell k. Hamiltons anira Blake and yes even twilight and sookie stackhouse. My question is, are you saying we CAN'T do any modern vampires or should it just be limited. Cause I'dove to try my hand at Asher from the Anita Blake novels, and maybe Michael from the lost boys. Maybe some jyhad (a.k.a. vampire the masquerade) characters.

I apologize for any confusion. I tried to be clear in the intro that this swap is dedicated to Nosferatu, Count Dracula, or the original male or female vampires in general.

I want to get back to the original vampy-ness and focus on the classic horror movies and vampires. I will not accept the new vampire stuff like Twilight, Tru Blood, The Vampire Diaries. If you lust for Edward, or sookie stackhouse, there are other swaps to join. Again, these types of cards will not be accepted for this swap.

Hope this helps.

ArtDuJunque
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I had read that part. Which is why I was asking. The Vampire the masquerade stuff and lost boys are 80's. I think Anita Blake got her start in the 90's but I'd have to go check the date on the first book of the series. They are all classic, burned by sunlight and holy water vampires.
No sparkles, no bottled blood, we are talking full frontal fang, artery opening, cross fearing, sexy as hell vamps!
If those qualify then sign me up!

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 02:57 AM
<---- making more cards hehe :D

Vicki Z
02-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I had read that part. Which is why I was asking. The Vampire the masquerade stuff and lost boys are 80's. I think Anita Blake got her start in the 90's but I'd have to go check the date on the first book of the series. They are all classic, burned by sunlight and holy water vampires.
No sparkles, no bottled blood, we are talking full frontal fang, artery opening, cross fearing, sexy as hell vamps!
If those qualify then sign me up!

Sounds good.
I have signed you up, ArtDuJunque.

Gerry
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
My cards will be in the post tomorrow, just need to take a pic of them, unless you want them 'blind' but they will still be posted tomorrow.:biglaugh:

Vicki Z
02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for letting me know your cards have been posted, Gerry.
I think we have a groove worn between your house and mine, your mail travels very fast!
I will let you know when they arrive safely

Vicki Z
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
First cards have been received.
Thank you, papersaga, for some AWESOME vamps and vixens.:notworthy:
Thank you also for the extra postage!

Gerry
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know your cards have been posted, Gerry.
I think we have a groove worn between your house and mine, your mail travels very fast!
I will let you know when they arrive safely

Oooops they are still on my work table, but they will be in the post on Monday as I have a couple of other envelopes to post out. Gerry

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Just finished lestat he's in my gallery :D

Gerry
02-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Here are my collaged cards. They will be posted Monday.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/2_vampires.jpg

pixiecorpse
02-11-2012, 12:26 AM
They are fantastic Gerry! :D

Vicki Z
02-11-2012, 03:11 AM
FAB cards, Gerry.
Great lestat, Pixiecorpse.

pixiecorpse
02-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks vicki I stayed away from green this time hehe

Vicki Z
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Cards received from dardarbinx.
Thank you for the hostie card.

Vicki Z
02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks vicki I stayed away from green this time hehe

FAB - not green - Lestat

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
hehe, yep i'm officially hiding my green while i make cards of vamps from now on lol

Vicki Z
02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Cards received from Nikkiarts.

Vicki Z
02-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Cards received f rom Mikesatc.
Thanks for the extra sleeves.

KaleidescopeI's
02-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, I have been trying to catch up with my cards so now I can get to work on my vampy lovelies. I also got side tracked by my first athon. Man, talk about some people cranking out some awesome art. Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. I am going to go back through the thread to see if I missed anything.

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 02:59 AM
I know how you feel kal! Have yet to try my hands at the a thon but if vicki keeps enticing me into her swaps I don't think I'll ever have the time lol

Vicki Z
02-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I know how you feel kal! Have yet to try my hands at the a thon but if vicki keeps enticing me into her swaps I don't think I'll ever have the time lol

I get blamed for everything:arghh:

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Your more of a temptress ;)

KaleidescopeI's
02-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Lol...now, now...do I have to send you to different corners? It would have been neat to make some vampire valentine love cards......and no I couldn't think of that when I was doing the athon could I....only after the fact. Well, maybe I will make one for the heck of it...hehe.

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Hehe that's me all over once I've posted my cards is when I have the coolest ideas lol
I'd love to see them;)

KaleidescopeI's
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I'll be sure to let you know if I get any done. Maybe next time someone could host a Vampires in Love swap.....hint, hint....wink, wink!!!

pixiecorpse
02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Hehe oh my probationary 90 days is a killer lol all I keep coming up with is more and more ideas for swaps lol

Dulci
02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Please add me to your Vampire lovers swap!!! Great idea VickiZ :)

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Welcome Dulci.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 03:16 AM
I'll be sure to let you know if I get any done. Maybe next time someone could host a Vampires in Love swap.....hint, hint....wink, wink!!!

FAB idea, KaleidescopeI's.
If pixie doesn' host it first, I may.:D

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Hehe I can't host 1 until april fools day and have an idea for that, can only have 12 players too for my first wouldn't want to leave anyone out of a swap that cool! :D

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
I have marked April Fool's Day on my calendar.
I can only imagine what your mind, talent, and imagination has planned for your first swap.

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I can't take the credit for it. It was the kids idea, my 3yo pronounced something wrong and I thought it would be a cool idea,keeping it under my hat, there's spys everywhere :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Well hopefully I will be able to get into your first one Pix. You will have to get me a heads up before you post it so I have a chance to get in on it.

Vicki, I think you should go for it after all Pix and I can still participate.

Lilthamel
02-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Sign me up please ^^o^^

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Yay I will do kal! Only 43 days :D

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Welcome Lilthamel and christinamc85.
I have signed up both of you.

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Vicki, I think you should go for it after all Pix and I can still participate.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I will have to decline for now.
I am currently at my limit on number of swaps I can host, so I cannot.

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm impressed you can manage this many at once as it is! I'd lose my marbles I reckon...I might with just hosting 1 :D

Vicki Z
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the kind words.

I love ATCs, and I love the enthusiastic people who join my swaps, and I love to talk, and I love the themes I host.
With that much LOVE, things move pretty smoothly.

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
That's a very lovely way of putting it!
I love atcs too need more more more...
I'm wondering how long it will be before hubby stages an intervention lol

ArtDuJunque
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Just made Asher and Jean Claude from the anita Blake series and Lestat (the hot sex on a stick, want to lick him from stem to stern queen of the damned Stuert Townsend version).

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Yippee! Hot eye candy woop!!!!

ArtDuJunque
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Here we go, whatcha think? I added a Mick St. John :-)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=284994

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 07:54 AM
AWESOME cards.
FAB line-up of Vamps.

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 08:11 AM
A very tasty line up of fangtastic eye candy adj!!!!

ArtDuJunque
02-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Pixie-lated you are SUCH a fangbanger! Lol.

patgel
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Can I still join?

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the group, patgel.
Happy to have a participant from the homeland of Bram Stoker.
In the novel Dracula, ... at night, Harker falls under the spell of three wanton female vampires.
In the U.S we usually think of male vampires.
Are female vampires more prominant in Ireland?

I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Just made Asher and Jean Claude from the anita Blake series and Lestat (the hot sex on a stick, want to lick him from stem to stern queen of the damned Stuert Townsend version).

AWESOME cards!!:notworthy:

Here we go, whatcha think? I added a Mick St. John :-)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=284994

FAB lineup of sexpots
Thanks for adding Mick St. John
Poor Vamp so often gets over-looked:biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I wasn't sure about mick st. John when I first started watching but he definitely grew on me :D shame it got cancelled...I'm trying to decide on my last couple of cards, so many more vamps so few cards hehe

pixiecorpse
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Ooh you are singbluesilver :D

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Ooh...can't wait!

Pikkis
02-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh gosh, SingBlueSilver, both sets are totally incredible :)! Would be happy to receive any of those...

I was planning to work with my cards this weekend, but I ordered some stamps from the US and they didnīt arrive yet, so will have to wait till the next weekend... Hopefully theyīll come during the week, arggh!

Gerry
02-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Lovely set of cards singbluesilver. Looks like there is going to be some super cards being sent out.

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Wow! Your forgiven for being a tease Singbluesilver! They are amazing!!!

pixiecorpse
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I've been trying to find mine but no luck yet... Have just finished another card will scan in a bit :D

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh I made a cool folding one its dracula and mina on front then it opens up on lucys face but I'd cut the face in 2 thinking I'd do them separate and now it just looks nasty down the fold where they're not sticking properly. Having a bad day with glue! :(

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Its not a good week for glue at all! And ouch that does sound nasty! My glue gun and superglue has to be hidden I'm far too accident prone with them,although wish I knew where the superglue was I need to glue my boot,the heel fell off :(
Oh yeah I saw you post in dr seuss swap and all is not lost I think phrixy is going to do a dr who swap at some point I think she mentioned it in the small screen sci fi thread :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-21-2012, 12:31 AM
SingBlueSilver, those are awesome cards!!! Just finished up some personal trades so I can get going on these. Not sure if I will do 3 or 6...depends on my muse and how much of a help she is.

Vicki Z
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes, one's Muse is not always totallly reliable
Feed her some Chocolate.
My Muse has a weakness for the Blue M&M's.

Vicki Z
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Thank you everyone :) I do love my vampires, I found my Queen of the Damned soundtrack so was listening to that while I was doing my Lestat card today.

Your cards are positively spectacular.:notworthy:
If listening to the Queen of the Damned soundtrack creates that kind of art, particularly working with blisters from a hot glue gun burn, we should all rush out and get a copy.

Vicki Z
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh I made a cool folding one its dracula and mina on front then it opens up on lucys face but I'd cut the face in 2 thinking I'd do them separate and now it just looks nasty down the fold where they're not sticking properly. Having a bad day with glue! :(

ouch!
That card does sound cool.
Sometimes a top coat of sealer - mod podge, diamond glaze, paper glaze, helps glue bits down, as well as can sometimes seal the fold line so it doesn't show.
Just a thought:embarrassed:

pixiecorpse
02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks vicki! I will have a look, we have some pva glue handy I will frugally add it to the fold to see how we go...

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
If you are still having problems, you might try drawing a thin ink line along both sides of the fold/cut edge.
Sometimes the white "inside" of the paper makes the cut line more visible, and darkening it also helps to hide it

Gerry
02-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Havent my cards turned up yet, it seems ages ago since I posted them :sad:

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Oh dear, you are getting as impatient as I am when I send my cards to you.:D

Sunday we have no mail delivery, and Monday was a National Holiday for President's Day, a combination of President Abraham Lincoln's birthday, and President George Washington's birthday, so the post office was closed, and no mail delivery.

I expected "tons" of mail Tuesday, but didn't get a thing. The post office must have still been backed up:skeptical:

I anticipate your cards, and lots of other cards, will be in today's mail.
I will post myself by the mailbox, and let you know as soon as your cards arrive, :yes:
and I will let you know even if they don't.:D

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
The glue worked a treat! There's just a tiny bit at the top of the fold now, I'm having a mass scan session tonight so you can see and then I think I've only got 2 more cards to finish off and then they are done :D

KaleidescopeI's
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Vicki, I had to send out some trades yesterday and the postal worker said that being closed an extra day only makes them extra work. They do get pretty backed up. She said they would be better not getting off for a holiday. The plus side for me was I had 5 envies arrive in my mailbox.....woohoo! I used to hate mail before I joined AFA now I can't wait to check the box.

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Oh it sure makes the bills easier to digest knowing that one of the envelopes is filled with eye candy! :D

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you for your confirmation, KaleidescopeI's.
At least now Gerry knows I am not fibbing to her and confiscating her cards.:laugh:

It is difficult to know when one's treasures will safely arrive in a host's hands, and having the U.S. post offices closed on different national holidays than other countries celebrate, makes it even more difficult to wait.

Gerry
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Well I think there should be a special ATC delivery service that can zap the cards to the host overnight...:yes:

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Well I think there should be a special ATC delivery service that can zap the cards to the host overnight...:yes:

What a FAB-U-LOUS idea!!!!:D

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Gerry, you can officialy relax.
Your vampires arrived in today's mail.
Thank you for the lovely papers.
Thank you for the hostie card.
And thank you for being so patient.:yes::laugh:

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Vampires also received from lea67000.
It looks like no one snacked on anyone else.
Everything arrived intact.
Thank you for the hostie card, papers, and bits.

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 05:15 PM
this is the folding dracula card :D

Vicki Z
02-22-2012, 05:25 PM
oh WOW!!!
I mean, AWESOME!!
You did a fantastic job!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Thank you both of you :D guess I better add it to the sending pile :D
and I was just doing a spike and a darla card too...thinking I may have made too many lol

Lovefroud
02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
went mostly old school on these!
Gary Oldman as Dracula 1997
Dracula's Daughter 1936
Queen of Blood 1967 (first sci fi vamp film)

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Very cool lovefroud!!! That draculas daughter is giving me the goosebumps!

KaleidescopeI's
02-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Pix, that is an awesome card!!
Lovefroud, I agree with Pix on all counts....get it counts....I crack myself up!! Where was I, oh ya, the shadowing on dracula's daughter is so creepy, goosebumpy cool...mmwwwaaahhhaaahaa!

Vicki Z
02-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Fantastic cards, Lovefroud.
And you are the first to have posted Dracula's Daughter and/or Queen of Blood.

Vicki Z
02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Pix, that is an awesome card!!
Lovefroud, I agree with Pix on all counts....get it counts....I crack myself up!! Where was I, oh ya, the shadowing on dracula's daughter is so creepy, goosebumpy cool...mmwwwaaahhhaaahaa!

KaleidescopeI's,
That is a bloody good comment/compliment.

shahzaadee
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
'Counts' AHAHAHA!!! You kill me! AHAHAHA! :biglaugh:

KaleidescopeI's
02-23-2012, 04:51 PM
'Counts' AHAHAHA!!! You kill me! AHAHAHA! :biglaugh:

To kill or to slay, that is the question...and would you stake your life on it....:biglaugh:

Vicki Z
02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
AWESOME cards received from ArtDuJunque and SingBlueSilver.
You folks sure do LOVE your vampires, and it shows in your art.
These cards are fantastic, and the scans do not do them justice!

Lovefroud
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
lmao! Vicki - I am sending your MMH moving dragon atc with my swap cards k?
(if you want to peak it's in my gallery, shhhh)

Vicki Z
02-24-2012, 04:35 PM
That sounds FAB, Lovefroud.
I am all for saving postage, and one can usually get additional cards in the envelope.

Just be sure to stagger the cards in the envy. If one stacks them, and makes a lump, the post office charges extra.