PDA

View Full Version : February Pick-A-Theme (PAT) Swap - Due April 10th

Pages : [1] 2

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 11:37 AM
February PAT Swap - FULL
Swap Due Date: April 10
Suggested Mail-by Dates: (I'm in a rural area, so mail takes an extra day or two)

International - March 28

US - April 2

Sign-up Date: until all groups are full
Withdraw Date: None Once you choose your theme you cannot withdraw
Number of cards: 1 per person in your group - 4 cards per group
Number of participants: 40, 8 groups of 5 players

FULL Welcome to the February Pick-A-Theme (PAT) Swap FULL

To play you must have:
* positive iTrader rating of 15+
* no negative within the last 6 months
* no neutrals due to lack of communication/cards within the last three months
* no exceptions...please do not ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not over commit yourself. Once you choose your theme you may not withdraw. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and possibly from each member from your group. This means up to 5 negative iTraders from one swap, more if you sign up for 2 groups!

General Information:

1. This swap contains 8 groups of 5 players.
2. Sign up ends when all spots are filled.
3. Group categories may change if there is no interest.
4. You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group.
5. Pick a group and choose your theme within 3 days.
6. This is an on time swap...cards must be in my hands no later than April 10.
7. Once you choose a theme, you may not withdraw. Some players choose to start their cards immediately.
8. Make a card for each member of your group in their chosen theme.
9. You will receive a card with your chosen them from each player.
10. Send your best work--only send cards that you would be pleased to receive.
11. All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
12. On back of cards you must write your USER NAME , recipient's USER NAME, and group number. Other info is optional.
13. You may, and are encouraged to, post images cards to the thread. Images posted to the gallery should be posted in the Pick-A-Theme section.
14. You may not join more than 2 groups.
15. US PLAYERS send LOOSE postage and a self-addressed business size envelope. .65 for 1 group, .90 for 2 groups.
16. INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS send $1 in US stamps or well-concealed cash, and a LARGE clearly written or computer printed address label (or piece of paper).
17. ALL PLAYERS please include user name and group number(s) on the back of your envelope.
18. When you receive your returns please leave iTrader for me and iTrader for each player in your group.
19. If you have any questions about the group categories or anything else please PM me
20. When cards are completed PM me for my address.
21. Have fun!!!

While a host card is never required, it is always much appreciated.

THEMES:

EASY/REGULAR THEMES: It is easy to think up a card, find a reference or an image for a collage for it.
Examples of easy themes: fairies, cats, dogs, marine life, flowers, windows
Examples of regular themes: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, Zetti

ADVANCED/CHALLENGING THEMES: these usually require research and reference and substantial thought and effort.
Examples of advanced themes: characters from books or movies, obscure themes such as "Dogs in Victorian England," themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem or itīs harder to find a reference or image for it.

Group 1 - Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (Easy/Regular Themes) Complete
1. Nancy - whimsical yellow houses
2. TxCat - coyotes
3. Idolores - puppy dogs
4. Debs913 - dingos
5. ceejay - cute little critters

Group 2 - Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (Advanced/Challenging Themes) FULL
1. MariaJayne - May Gibbs, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
2. djl1050 - fantasy fairies, dragons, etc.
3. kentuckydakota - the art of Beatrix Potter
4. MountainsAndClouds - Hawai`ian Language/Folklore (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1181503&postcount=122)
5. Cat's Cradle - Steampunk Cats - Victorian dress, mechanics, monocles, top hats, etc.

Group 3 - Flat Collage (Easy/Regular Themes) Complete
1. notinkansas - keys
2. Jewels - Kitties with Unusual Friends (dogs, bunnies, birds, etc.)
3. goatgirl - ladies painted by Dante Rossetti
4. TxCat - Arabia
5. HiddenTreasure2010 - I Love Lucy

Group 4 - Zentangle/Zentangle Inspired (Regular/Advanced Themes) Complete
e.g. abstract, use of color, specific images, no color (B&W), specific patterns (http://www.tanglepatterns.com/) used
1. Jewels - Red, Black and White Abstract
2. ScrapPea - Owls or "the letter d"
3. pixiecorpse - green and black
4. Thwarmp - purple and blue
5. Maineatc - green added to black and white

Group 5 - Chunky ATCs; Anything goes, but make it chunky! - (Easy/Regular Themes) FULL
1. ScrapPea - dragons/fantasy
2. MariaJayne - butterflies
3. Katelnorth - birds
4. ArtDuJunque - fun 50s vintage
5. Cat's Cradle - flowers

Group 6 - Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (Easy/Regular Themes) FULL
1. djl1050 - cats
2. Clopina - unicorns
3. MountainsAndClouds - moon on a string
4. Kavka - colorful angels
5. Thwarmp - parrots

Group 7 - Beeswax/Soy Wax and Napkins ATC/APC (Easy/Regular Themes) Complete
other papers may be used in addition to wax and napkins
1. goatgirl - beautiful birds or butterflies
2. Elena - trees
3. HiddenTreasure2010 - nature
4. Maineatc - women
5. maggiebloom - Altered playing card; any theme WITH TEXT

Group 8 - Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (Easy/Regular Themes) Complete
1. TF Balding - Day of the Dead
2. pixiecorpse - gambit from marvel comics
3. Idolores - 80's cartoons
4. wolfwynd - Buddha
5. Debs913 - African Wild Dogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycaon_pictus)

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hmmm...no one wants to play in the February PAT? :err:

notinkansas
02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Sign me up for group 7....halloween...Santa Claus.....blue/purple/green

Elena
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I would like to join group 3 with St. Valentine-Black Hearts, and group 8 with Christmas's Nutcraker.

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
You got it, Kelley!

Elena, if you look at the first post again, I need a total of two holidays: one from the month group (i.e. Feb/Jan - Valentine's Day), a character/identifying icon from a different holiday (NOT Valentine's Day), and the color.

You could switch your hearts and nutcracker around, where the nutcracker is in Valentine's Day and the hearts are Christmas. I still need a color for Group 8.

Elena
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure how it worked. Switch it as you said. Color yellow for group 8. Is it right now?

TF Balding
02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I wanna play! I want a October group with red & black Halloween easter bunnies... is that right? Lol...

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure how it worked. Switch it as you said. Color yellow for group 8. Is it right now?

That will work. :yes:

I wanna play! I want a October group with red & black Halloween easter bunnies... is that right? Lol...

That works great!

MelanieS
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I will choose group 3 (feb/march) Girl's Day/Hina-matsuri, easter bunny, & colors = blue and/or purple.
What a fun and confusing (for me~ LOL!) swap! :jiggy:
I think I got it right too??

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
You got it, Melanie.

Elena, I'll have to edit Group 8 when I'm back on the laptop. My Kindle doesn't like to edit that far down. :err:

TF Balding
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Koolness... i've got visions of Zombie bunnies bouncing through my head :biglaugh: how would that strike you for a hosty card (since its stuck in my head now)? Lol

Cat's Cradle
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Koolness... i've got visions of Zombie bunnies bouncing through my head :biglaugh: how would that strike you for a hosty card (since its stuck in my head now)? Lol

Anything you make would be cherished. :)

TF Balding
02-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Can i get in on the other Oct/Nov group, too? I just thought of sepia toned DOTD cupids... :)this is gonna be too much fun!

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Can i get in on the other Oct/Nov group, too? I just thought of sepia toned DOTD cupids... :)this is gonna be too much fun!

Yep. Will update!

Elena
02-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Can you add white to my group 3? It will be black and white.

art_junkie
02-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Just lurking. Weird Holidays allowed? I'm thinking about National Sneak Zucchini on Your Neighbors Porch (Night). Or Slap Your irritating Coworker Holiday

pixiecorpse
02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm going to have to be a lurky loo...not enough itrader points yet...plus gives me more time to catch up on my other swaps :D

notinkansas
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
whoa! went to bed dreaming about black and red Easter bunnies over a cauldron of Easter egg jack o'lanterns and wake up to sepia zombie cupids. I promised to challenge myself this year by stepping outside my artistic comfort zone ...but this?!?!?! Let the challenge begin! :D

TF Balding
02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
:laugh: sounds like sweet dreams to me! ;)
*note: my cards don't have to be particularly gorey or anything. Especially if thats not your thing. I'm happy with cute or where ever your imagination takes you.* :)

notinkansas
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
:laugh: sounds like sweet dreams to me! ;)
*note: my cards don't have to be particularly gorey or anything. Especially if thats not your thing. I'm happy with cute or where ever your imagination takes you.* :)

probably end up somewhere in between....but thank you for the leeway! :)

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I just realized that as I was writing this up, I neglected to mention what the holiday part was for! :goofy:

Month: group
Holiday: background
Character/Icon: focal image
Colors: color scheme

Still confused? Me too! That's why the holidays are all mixed up! :laugh:

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Can you add white to my group 3? It will be black and white.
Not a problem.

Just lurking. Weird Holidays allowed? I'm thinking about National Sneak Zucchini on Your Neighbors Porch (Night). Or Slap Your irritating Coworker Holiday
The bizarre holidays that Donnacr has been hosting are fine. But no green zucchinis allowed. ;)

I'm going to have to be a lurky loo...not enough itrader points yet...plus gives me more time to catch up on my other swaps :D
Just one more! Usually these swaps fill really fast, but I'm mixing it up, so people seem a bit reluctant.

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
This swap is still wide open!

Cat's Cradle
02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Who wants to put the holidays in a blender??

TF Balding
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
This sounds like SO much fun! I can't believe you aren't having to turn peeps away yet!

Cat's Cradle
02-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I know. Usually PATs in general fill up very quickly....if we only have the few of you to work with, I'll just put everyone in one group and we'll do it that way.

TF Balding
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Sounds fine to me. If ya go that route i'd rather keep the DOTD cupids if i have to choose. :)

Ima pm a few peeps, too, though...

Cat's Cradle
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Your holiday, icon and colors would remain as chosen....unless you REALLY want a change. ;) But DOTD Cupids sound like a whole bunch of fun!

TF Balding
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, i was thinking maybe you meant to smoosh us all into the same group. :laugh:
I'm awake now... i think.

Cat's Cradle
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, yeah. That would be how the PAT would have to run. You can keep your preferences, just everyone in the same group if I don't get more people to sign up.

Kavka
02-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Okay, this was pretty hard to think up but I'll try this out...

I'd like to be in the June/July group with Bon Festival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Festival), La Calavera Catrina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Calavera_Catrina), blues and gold/yellow

I tried to think up something in the groups that already had players but I couldn't think of anything that I really liked. You can always throw me in a group with more players if you have to. (maybe group 3 because of the other japanese holiday or group 7 for the day of the dead stuff).

TF Balding
02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Yay! Hi Kavka! :wub:

Cat's Cradle
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Okay, this was pretty hard to think up but I'll try this out...

I'd like to be in the June/July group with Bon Festival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Festival), La Calavera Catrina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Calavera_Catrina), blues and gold/yellow

I tried to think up something in the groups that already had players but I couldn't think of anything that I really liked. You can always throw me in a group with more players if you have to. (maybe group 3 because of the other japanese holiday or group 7 for the day of the dead stuff).
Yay, Kavka!

I'll give the swap a couple more days, then if no one else wants to join, I'll modify the groups.

ScrapPea
02-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I can't believe this is not full!!!

I'm interested but want to ask about the "holiday" part of it. Not much happens in the summer months I can recall (besides July 4) and September has a bunch of legal holidays. Would something like "Grandparents Day" or "Spring Equinox" be acceptible as a holiday or are you thinking just non-Hallmark events?

And, yes, DoTD sounds way cool. I'd sign up for that!

Cat's Cradle
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Anything that is celebrated, including birthdays.

Mother's Day, Father's Day, Flag Day, Bastille Day (in which case I want to see something from Paris in the background), Laborious Day, Grandparents' Day...

You can even go toward the bizarre holidays that may be lesser known.

lea67000
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
IUsually PATs in general fill up very quickly....

I'll definitely be a lurker as this is very uncommon, not inspired at all (and I do only HD/HP PATs too).

ScrapPea
02-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Bizarre Holidays--good. I'm doing the monthly Bizarre Holidays Swap with Donnacr and there are some great ones there. Thinking a bit now; definitely interested!

mellyr
02-07-2012, 02:48 AM
may i be added to group 1 with...Halloween, any character you think would be involved in a Solstice, sepia tones or black blue and purple

TF Balding
02-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Ummm... who exactly would be involved in a Solstice? Not really familiar with those... like at all. :unsure:

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
may i be added to group 1 with...Halloween, any character you think would be involved in a Solstice, sepia tones or black blue and purple
Please elaborate on the Solstice character. Could you provide a link? Thanks!

NancyL
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I keep coming back to look. Groups 2 and 8 are the same. Is that on purpose?

I think the hard part is the colors. It is already different to have a focal point that is different from the holiday background.
Right now I have my malious fish to complere as well as my mini book and cards for my hosted swaps. And March begins the birthday parade in my family.

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Yep. Groups 1 and 7 are the same, as are 2 and 8. I did that because generally, those are the times with more holidays/celebrations.

This is definitely set up as a challenge. :yes:

notinkansas
02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
might be an idea...to just remove the color restriction. hoping we can work it all out...wanting to start my cards...:err:

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
If everyone is agreeable to that, we can do one holiday as a background, and a character from another holiday.

If you have specific colors you'd like, add them in.

SO, I need feedback from everyone who has already signed up! Sending a PM!

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Send a PM to all who are signed up with a couple of different options for the swap. Please respond either by PM or thread NLT Friday, Feb. 9. Thanks!

Kavka
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I think the 2 holiday groups and 6 regular groups would be good.

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Kavka!

TF Balding
02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm good with whatever makes everyone else happy and brings in more players. :)

MelanieS
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
http://girlmuseum.org/exhibitions/HinaMatsuri/index.html here is a good link for my girls day holiday. Please add it to first post. And I would like to change my color to pink.

notinkansas
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
...honestly I am on the fence. I love PATs but I find this one extra challenging. I guess I was thinking more mainstream holidays... but I will give it my best shot.
Removing the color scheme requirement may help you fill up at least 2 groups for the original theme. Then you could revamp the other 6 groups.
and BTW I am flexible on my colors.

goatgirl
02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
If you switch to "regular" groups, I'd definitely interested. I love the idea of the challenge you created, but I'm just not interested in the topics.

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
What if I do one group as "mainstream" holidays and the other holiday group as "non-traditional/bizarre" holidays. Then I can work up 6 other groups and cringe with the frenzy.

TF Balding
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Lol... i'm so lost... just stick me somewhere i can have DOTD& i'm good...i'll cooperate with whatever y'all decide. :laugh:

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I couldn't figure a good way to do the holidays, so if you want a mixed up holiday card, please state so as your theme.

Since the holiday thing didn't work out, I did a "normal" PAT swap. Thanks for bearing with me!

notinkansas
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
stick me in group three...keys

Nancy
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Yea! back to a regular PAT....Please sign me up for group#1 with a theme of
whimsical yellow houses..........

TF Balding
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Group 8, DOTD :)

Cat's Cradle
02-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Will update when I'm not on my Fire.

Jewels
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd like to join group 3 with a theme of Kitties with Unusual Friends (dogs, bunnies, birds, etc.) And group 4 with Red, Black and White Abstract Zentangles.

ScrapPea
02-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Cat's Cradle, I loved the idea of the holidays; I'm sorry it did not work out as planned. I'm open to something like this in the future--maybe even as a regular swap?

For now, I want to sign up for Group 4--Zentangles. I'll send a theme tomorrow.

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Total noob question, do you pick the theme of the cards you want and make one of each of the other 4 themes for the other player? Is that right? Still lurking need to find some american cash :D

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
stick me in group three...keys

Yea! back to a regular PAT....Please sign me up for group#1 with a theme of
whimsical yellow houses..........

Group 8, DOTD :)

I'd like to join group 3 with a theme of Kitties with Unusual Friends (dogs, bunnies, birds, etc.) And group 4 with Red, Black and White Abstract Zentangles.

Cat's Cradle, I loved the idea of the holidays; I'm sorry it did not work out as planned. I'm open to something like this in the future--maybe even as a regular swap?

For now, I want to sign up for Group 4--Zentangles. I'll send a theme tomorrow.

Can you please sign me up for Group 2 - May Gibbs, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
Got everyone updated into their groups.
ScrapPea, I'm thinking the mixed up holidays would be a good non-PAT swap as well.

Total noob question, do you pick the theme of the cards you want and make one of each of the other 4 themes for the other player? Is that right? Still lurking need to find some american cash :D
That's exactly how it works. :yes: If you don't have American cash, you can send a 76p stamp to cover your returns back. (It's $1.05 US for postage, so 76p should do it.) I play enough international swaps that I can send it to a UK host.

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks for making it clear Cat's, I will be back to play, need to look at those groups again :D yay to stamps :D

goatgirl
02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Please sign me up for group 3 (ladies painted by Dante Rossetti) and group 7 (beautiful birds or butterflies)!

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks for making it clear Cat's, I will be back to play, need to look at those groups again :D yay to stamps :D

Just don't take too long, as these swaps tend to fill fast!

Please sign me up for group 3 (ladies painted by Dante Rossetti) and group 7 (beautiful birds or butterflies)!
Gotcha!

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm taking a spot in group 5, which is now needle felted, with flowers.

TxCat
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd like to sign up for group one with coyotes as my theme and group three with Arabia as the theme

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Ok can I pick group 8 gambit from marvel comics and group 4 green and black :D

TF Balding
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Heck yeah!!! Group 8 rocks! (and I luuurve me some Gambit, so any chance to draw him is awesome!) :D

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Yay! Couldn't resist the day of the dead either lol :D

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd like to sign up for group one with coyotes as my theme and group three with Arabia as the theme
Will do. Welcome!

Ok can I pick group 8 gambit from marvel comics and group 4 green and black :D
Welcome to the swap!

You'll both find that these PAT swaps, while challenging, are addictive. :D Just remember that you can only join two PAT swaps at any one time.

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
sounds good to me!!! think I'm addicted to making the cards as it is I don't think I've stopped since joining hehe

TF Balding
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
You'll both find that these PAT swaps, while challenging, are addictive. :D Just remember that you can only join two PAT swaps at any one time.

Do you mean only 2 groups in the same PAT or only 2 PATs period?

notinkansas
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM

was wondering about this myself as I am hosting my first PAT Mid-Feb. :confused:

Idolores
02-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Ok I hope I understand ...I make 5 cards each one based on the persons theme? Or am I making 5 of each theme stated? Just want to make sure I do this right.

I'd like to do group 8 ...80's cartoon And group 1 puppy dogs

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
you make 4 cards from your group, you dont need to make one for you.
and you do 1 for each theme so if your in group 8 you make a day of the dead card for TF and a Gambit one for me :D

wolfwynd
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Can I be in group #8 with the theme of Buddha please?

pixiecorpse
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Ooh I've never tried to draw/paint buddha before yippee this does get more exciting :D

debs913
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Group 1 Dingos and Group 8 African Wild Dogs

Deblit
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
May I be in group 2 ( fantasy fairies, dragons, etc.) and group 8 (cats)

ceejay
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Me please ... group one ... cute little critters [:D]

kentuckydakota
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Can I join group 2 with the art of Beatrix Potter? Thanks

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
2 groups per PAT, 2 PAT swaps at once

Kelly, you can play in your own PAT in 2 groups if you wish.

Ok I hope I understand ...I make 5 cards each one based on the persons theme? Or am I making 5 of each theme stated? Just want to make sure I do this right.

I'd like to do group 8 ...80's cartoon And group 1 puppy dogs
You make 4 cards. One per person in your group--one in each theme--and label the backs as to who gets each card. And, if you feel so inclined, you can make a card for your host. :D

I have you down for both groups.

Can I be in group #8 with the theme of Buddha please?
Sure thing.

Group 1 Dingos and Group 8 African Wild Dogs
Got you added.

May I be in group 2 ( fantasy fairies, dragons, etc.) and group 8 (cats)
I can add you to Group 2, but 8 filled with Debs913. Do you want a different group?

Me please ... group one ... cute little critters [:D]
Got you added.

Can I join group 2 with the art of Beatrix Potter? Thanks
Yep. Adding you.

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Groups 1 and 8 are full; I've changed Group 6 to HD/HP Easy/Regular as well.

Deblit
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Since I didn't get in 8 can you add me to Group 6 Cats

Elena
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I would like to join group 7. My theme is trees.

Cat's Cradle
02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Since I didn't get in 8 can you add me to Group 6 Cats
I sure will. :yes:

I would like to join group 7. My theme is trees.
Will do.

Not sure why my head is wrapped around 2 PAT swaps, y'all. I'm digging around to see where I might have picked that up. I'll get back to you. (Might be that I confused the 2 groups with 2 swaps. :err:)

debs913
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Melissa...where does it say 2 PATS at once? I routinely play in every PAT that comes along....(and gad, who is going to police THAT???)

Wondering :confused:

Clopina
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I would love to join group 6, with unicorns! :)

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Melissa...where does it say 2 PATS at once? I routinely play in every PAT that comes along....(and gad, who is going to police THAT???)

Wondering :confused:
I checked on this with Admin, and there is NO limit on how many PAT swaps--or swaps in general--a member may participate in. Just a limit on the number of groups in each PAT swap. Basically, I was told that it is up to each member not to over commit oneself. :)

I would love to join group 6, with unicorns! :)
Welcome aboard!

debs913
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
WHEW!!! Thanks Melissa :D

TF Balding
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Sooo happy to hear that!!! I think I'm in 5 or 6 PATs right this moment! :laugh:

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm just glad I was able to get that cleared up.

I personally limit myself to 2 PAT swaps at a time. With 5 kids--even with 2 living with my parents--things can go south really quickly. I need to be able to pull out of stuff if the need arises.

kentuckydakota
02-09-2012, 03:54 PM
That's funny. I got worried and started looking in the FAQ's to find out about that too. I'm pretty much just doing PAT's at this point with an occasional swap. And though I join them all I generally try to have no more than two at a time with unfinished cards for the same reason- I'd get too stressed with more.

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Teresa, I was scouring the FAQ section for over an hour last night trying to find out about this. I finally resorted to sending a PM to a mod and asking point blank.

MountainsAndClouds
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Hallo!
Can I join group 2 for "Hawai`ian Language/Folklore" and group 6 for "moon on a string?"

Thanks!

Sara : )

TF Balding
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I have a boring night job with plenty of time to work on cards, so i don't stress about the # of swaps i join. I DO however stress about mail art swaps because. I have to work on that stuff at home when i have almost ZERO time, lol. But as far as PATs go, i give them priority of other stuff and try to get them finished first. Right now i have one that i'm one card away from having them in the mail, then just this one and 1 more that i'm technically still working on. The rest have been received by the hosts already. But the thought of only 2 really started to scare me, lol, i bet we ALL hit the FAQs last night! :laugh:

HiddenTreasure2010
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I would love to join groups #3 I love Lucy and #7 Nature ?

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Hallo!
Can I join group 2 for "Hawai`ian Language/Folklore" and group 6 for "moon on a string?"

Thanks!

Sure thing. Welcome!

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Here's where we stand:

Group 2/Advanced HD/HP: 1 spot open
Group 3/Easy Flat Collage: 1 spot open
Group 4/Regular Zentangles: 2 spots open
Group 5/Needle Felting: 4 spots open
Group 6/Easy HD/HP: 2 spots open
Group 7/Wax & Napkins: 3 spots open

kentuckydakota
02-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Question for MountainsandClouds- Do you have a link that could give an idea of what you're looking for in the way of Hawaiian Language and Folklore?

Deblit
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I was wondering about what MountainsandClouds meant about Hawaiian Language and Folklore. Could you give us a better idea of what you want?

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I would love to join groups #3 I love Lucy and #7 Nature ?
Sure thing. Sorry I missed your post earlier!

That fills Group 3 now!

I sent a PM to Sara/MountainsAndClouds asking for a link. I'll update the first post as soon as I get her reply.

Kavka
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I'd like to jump in on group 6, still thinking on my theme though...

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Can do!

Cat's Cradle
02-09-2012, 07:56 PM
ScrapPea, I need your theme for group 4 by Saturday evening.

Kavka, I'll need your theme by Sunday evening.

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I've done some sketches for group 8 and slowly working on figuring out zentangles I've only ever fone one before but I like the idea of a challenge! :D

Kavka
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Alright, for my theme I would like to have "colorful angels"

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I'll update you, Kavka.

Still waiting on the Hawai'ian answer.

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in needle felting as its own category, I've changed Group 5 back to Fabric/Fiber/Stitched.

This would include knit, crochet, fabric collage, embroidery, sewn, needle felted, etc. As long as it's fabric of some kind.

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Shame I'm already at 2 I got some fab fabric through the mail today...its alright I'm not changing though :D

debs913
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Wish I could do needle felting, but my hands are too broken to manage a needle :(

TF Balding
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I wish I actually knew how to do any kind of fiber/felting/fabric cards... I have a trade with a local group soon and that's the theme that month... :eek: (anyone have some useful links???)

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I can't needle felt either, its more the fear of hearing the noise like cotton wool tearing....makes me cringe just thinking about it!
I'll have a look for you TF I've not done one either but I'm theorizing about it at the minute. Nearest I've got is gluing wool to card in a swirly sacred heart pattern :D

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
If there's still no interest in a fabric group by Saturday evening, I'll changed it to flat collage.

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Needle felting links (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&q=how+to+needle+felt&oq=how+to+needl&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=915l3007l0l7811l12l12l0l1l1l0l325l1267l3.7. 0.1l11l0)

(Sewn) Fabric ATC Links (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+make+fabric+ATC&oq=how+to+make+fabric+ATC&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=52805l59925l0l61279l26l22l0l6l6l2l156l1811l 3.13l16l0)

When I make my needle felted cards, I use a piece of cardboard with an ATC-sized hole cut in it. I tape my base felt to the back of the cardboard, overlapping the hole by half an inch on each side. Sketch your image on the base felt (works best with light colors), then start with your needle and roving.

For fabric cards--like cotton, denim, silk, etc.--you can always cut parts from the fabric and collage them onto your base card. That's how I did my first fabric card swap! Find your focal image(s), then find your background to go with it. Collage with glue as usual. You'll want to use a glue that specifies fabric use, or your art might come apart.

pixiecorpse
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Cool Cats thank you! I got some very nice floral fabric so think I'll try to stitch up an atc for a host card for you, and now I've said it out loud I better deliver hehe

TF Balding
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Just had the mental picture of myself sitting in the middle of the floor amidst scraps and felty puffs everywhere, including glued to myself... this is sooo not my area and i am SO making one of my month's themes HD/HP only next year to pay them back :laugh:

kentuckydakota
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, now I've spent an hour watching felting videos and I'm fascinated. Where do you get the wool to work with though?

MountainsAndClouds
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh my gosh- so sorry everyone about the vagueness of "Hawai`ian language/ folklore"---

Anything is fine, as long as it's loosely related to Hawai`ian language or folklore... for example, you could make it simple and have the word "Anuenue" and a rainbow. ('anuenue' means 'rainbow')

Or if you want to illustrate a story from Hawai`ian folktales/mythology (in one story, Maui tried to lasso the sun, etc.) that would be fine too!

I am not picky at all, and I'm more interested in seeing something that expresses the artist than something that was painfully stretched to meet specific criteria!

I hope this helps!

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Ok, now I've spent an hour watching felting videos and I'm fascinated. Where do you get the wool to work with though?
You can get it in the yarn section at Michaels now. I buy most of my roving from Knit Picks (http://www.knitpicks.com). They have starter kits, color kits, and larger batts as well. Both places sell the needles and mats as well.

Cat's Cradle
02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks , Sara! I linked to your explanation from the first post.

Idolores
02-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Do we post pics of our cards? Or do we keep them a surprise?

ColorFly
02-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I'd like group 4, zentangles (purple and blue), and group 6, parrots. Thank you!

Cat's Cradle
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Do we post pics of our cards? Or do we keep them a surprise?
That's up to you. Most people enjoy seeing the cards for the swap, but if you'd like to keep it a surprise, that's totally okay as well.

I'd like group 4, zentangles (purple and blue), and group 6, parrots. Thank you!
Will do. Welcome!

Cat's Cradle
02-11-2012, 12:22 PM
And that fills Group 6!

ScrapPea, I need your theme for Group 4 by tonight, or your spot is subject to opening for another player.

MountainsAndClouds
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks , Sara! I linked to your explanation from the first post.

Thanks so much! Again, sorry for the confusion!

kentuckydakota
02-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Not a prob dear- don't worry. This is normal for the challenge group. We've all been there ;)

Cat's Cradle
02-11-2012, 02:11 PM
That's one of the fun things about the challenge group, but usually it doesn't fill as fast as this one has!

I'm changing Group 5 (again) to chunky ATCs.....this is frustrating that that ONE group isn't filling at all. If it doesn't fill by the end of this week, I'll cut it completely and run with just 7 groups. Don't worry; your group numbers will stay the same. I don't need the confusion any more than the rest of you! :twitcy:

HiddenTreasure2010
02-12-2012, 02:22 AM
My cards are ready for group #3. I had alot of fun creating these. Awesome themes to work with. Hope you like them!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT_Keys_for_notinkansas.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT__for_host.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT___Dante_Ladies_for_goatgirl.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT___Arabia_forTxCat.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT_Kittie_with_Unusual_Friends_for_Jewels.j pg

ScrapPea
02-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Oops, I thought I had posted my Zentangle theme. Either owls or the letter d. Depends on the artists' comfort level drawing owls. Zentangle is meant to relax, so do that! :)

ScrapPea
02-12-2012, 04:32 AM
If you don't mind, please add me to Group 5 Chunky with dragon/fantasy theme.

Seemed to have caught a nasty cold and being out all day at an art workshop surely did not help. here's to sleeping the day away!

pixiecorpse
02-12-2012, 05:26 AM
This might be TFs I might make another one lol I'm not sure I quite like it for myself lol :D
Love those collages Hidden Treasure!!!!

notinkansas
02-12-2012, 07:59 AM
My cards are ready for group #3. I had alot of fun creating these. Awesome themes to work with. Hope you like them!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT_Keys_for_notinkansas.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT__for_host.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT___Dante_Ladies_for_goatgirl.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT___Arabia_forTxCat.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb_PAT_Kittie_with_Unusual_Friends_for_Jewels.j pg

LOVE mine!!!

pixiecorpse
02-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Hehe scrapea! Zentangles are so far out of my comfort zone making an owl for you will be lovely, abstracts are taking their time lol!

Jewels
02-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Grin. Look at the Duckies. Love mine too.

TF Balding
02-12-2012, 09:51 AM
This might be TFs I might make another one lol I'm not sure I quite like it for myself lol :D
Love those collages Hidden Treasure!!!!

Awesome sugar skull! I'd be tempted to keep it, too, lol. :)

Cat's Cradle
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Oops, I thought I had posted my Zentangle theme. Either owls or the letter d. Depends on the artists' comfort level drawing owls. Zentangle is meant to relax, so do that! :)
Thanks. :yes:

If you don't mind, please add me to Group 5 Chunky with dragon/fantasy theme.

Seemed to have caught a nasty cold and being out all day at an art workshop surely did not help. here's to sleeping the day away!
I'll add you to the chunky group. Yay! Get some rest and feel better.

Oh, chunky!!!! Can I have a spot in that group too? Butterflies
Sure thing!

Those look great!

katelnorth
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi Melissa :) I know I said I was staying away from PATs for a while, but a)I've caught up with a lot of stuff and b) I have a week off, so I'm tempted again by chunky (group 5) - if you could just clarify it a bit? Does this simply mean it doesn't have to be flat?

Cat's Cradle
02-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Actually, since it's chunky, it should NOT be flat. :D Add ribbons, chains, buttons, shaker tape (we call it foam tape in the US), pop dots, etc. Kinda like a chunky page, but on an ATC instead.

Idolores
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
What I have so far

ScrapPea
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
@katelnorth - woahhhh. I am so glad you asked that question because I obviously didn't read it close enough that it said "chunky ATC." I would have gone ahead and made a chunky page. *whew*

Cat's Cradle--I would have been so embarrassed, sending in chunkys and not ATCS. *blush* Guess that's what I get for being sick and not paying attention. Can ribbons/fibers/etc be added to the sides/bottom of the card or does the entire completed art need to fit into an ATC sleeve?

katelnorth
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
OK, great - chunky suits me fine. I only started making flat ATCs because of all the no-embellishment rules in this forum (which I totally understand the reasons for, don't get me wrong...)

So, I'm in, then. Group 5, theme of birds (why change the habits of a lifetime, lol)

Kate

pixiecorpse
02-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow idolores! They're fantastic! I especially like gambit :D

Cat's Cradle
02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
@katelnorth - woahhhh. I am so glad you asked that question because I obviously didn't read it close enough that it said "chunky ATC." I would have gone ahead and made a chunky page. *whew*

Cat's Cradle--I would have been so embarrassed, sending in chunkys and not ATCS. *blush* Guess that's what I get for being sick and not paying attention. Can ribbons/fibers/etc be added to the sides/bottom of the card or does the entire completed art need to fit into an ATC sleeve?
It doesn't have to fit into a sleeve completely, but it should be put in protection of some kind. If it doesn't fit into a sleeve, then try a snack or sandwich size zipper bag.

OK, great - chunky suits me fine. I only started making flat ATCs because of all the no-embellishment rules in this forum (which I totally understand the reasons for, don't get me wrong...)

So, I'm in, then. Group 5, theme of birds (why change the habits of a lifetime, lol)

Kate
I do have a flat collage group as well. Not to be confused with Group 5!

Birds it is! Welcome!

Cat's Cradle
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
So Groups 2, 4, and 5 are now down to 1 open slot, and Group 7 has 2 open.

Cat's Cradle
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
All the cards posted are just wonderful! Thank you for sharing with the thread!

ArtDuJunque
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Okies, sign me up for the chunky group, I'd love a fun 50's vintage theme!

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Fantastic cards mariajayne! Need to get some more of mine finshed :D

Maineatc
02-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I would like to join:
group 4 Zentangle-green (added to black and white)
5 Chunky -oriental

If these slots are still available. Thanks

Cat's Cradle
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Okies, sign me up for the chunky group, I'd love a fun 50's vintage theme!
You got the last spot!

I would like to join:
group 4 Zentangle-green (added to black and white)
5 Chunky -oriental

If these slots are still available. Thanks
Group 4 is available, so I'll put you in. Group 5 filled 2 posts ago; so sorry!

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I've added my owl zentangle to my gallery

Cat's Cradle
02-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Sweet! But it should be moved to the Pick-A-Theme gallery. ;)

pixiecorpse
02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Will do! :D

Maineatc
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Thank you for adding me to group 4. You can also add me to group 7 napkins and beeswax. Topic women.

Cat's Cradle
02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Sure thing!

maggiebloom
02-15-2012, 12:14 AM
I'll complete Group 7 if I may!

Cat's Cradle
02-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Sure thing! I need a theme by Saturday evening. :yes:

MelanieS
02-15-2012, 04:47 AM
Just making sure, so I'm not in this swap? since it changed? Sorry, been stressed out more than usual lately...:goofy:

Cat's Cradle
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah. Sorry about all the confusion.

Idolores
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
the rest of my cards...I decided to do my own themes as host gifts. hope you like them. :)

Cat's Cradle
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Nice cards! I look forward to seeing them IRL!

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Ooh look at those cute cards! Mine are half done woohoo!

MountainsAndClouds
02-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Come on, people! We need one more for group 2! The rest of my cards are waiting to be sent....

Cat's Cradle
02-16-2012, 05:29 PM
All right, all right. This will be my first Challenging HD group, though.

I'll take the last spot in Group 2. Theme: Steampunk Cats - Victorian dress, mechanics, monocles, top hats, etc.

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd have offered but I'm maxed out :D

Cat's Cradle
02-16-2012, 06:54 PM
That's why I left myself an opening. Just in case a group needed one more.

pixiecorpse
02-16-2012, 07:15 PM
And that's why your the captain :D

MountainsAndClouds
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Aw yay, thanks Cat's Cradle!

HiddenTreasure2010
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Here are my cards for group #7.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb._Pick_a_theme_PAT__Trees.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb._Pick_a_theme_PAT__Power_of_Chocolate.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Feb._Pick_a_theme_PAT__Butterflies..Bird.jpg

goatgirl
02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Maggiebloom, what's your topic for group 7? Great cards HiddenTreasure--love my little bird!

pixiecorpse
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Those cards are very cool hiddentreasure!
I'm almost done, all zentangles are finished and just 1 more from my other group to ink and back, and your hostess card too and they're good to go! Woop!

Cat's Cradle
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll complete Group 7 if I may!
Been a bit lax, but I really need your theme, please.

Cat's Cradle
02-19-2012, 09:10 PM
When you upload your cards to the gallery, be sure you place them in the "PAT Gallery" since Carole was so nice as to set that gallery up. :)

ScrapPea
02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
I was doing cards for the Val-A-Tart and came up with a great idea for one of my chunky ATCs. I was so excited about it, but i wanted to finish the A-Tart. Now that that's done, my muse wants to play. I told her it's time to sleep. she's fumpy, but understands. Cool themes, everyone!

maggiebloom
02-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry for the delay! I thought I joined too late!

I'd like altered playing cards - any theme with some text.

Cat's Cradle
02-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'll update the first post.

Jewels
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I got my group 4 Zentangles done.

pixiecorpse
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Wow! Jewel they are fantastic!!!! I dint care which ones mine both green ones are fabulous!!!!
I've finished my cards for both groups will post in the thread later when I scan them, just my hostie card to do and I'm ready to mail woop!

notinkansas
02-21-2012, 03:56 PM
beautiful cards Jewels!

HiddenTreasure2010
02-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Awesome cards Jewels..

notinkansas
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_dante_s_lady.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_Lucy.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_fantastical_flowers.jpg
here's a start on mine...

Cat's Cradle
02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Awesome cards Jewels and notinkansas!

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Wow! Notinkansas they are lovely cards!
Mine are all done will upload later today :D

Cat's Cradle
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Mail call! First cards in are from Idolores for groups 1 and 8. Thank you for the extra cards!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a little FYI, if you're in 2 groups, you can mail them in one envelope. :)

And please make sure your cards are either taped together--lightly--or in a pocket strip of some sort (one strip from a 9-pocket page or handmade) so your cards don't shift around in the envelopes!

AND, please re-read the first post to make sure you have ALL the required info on the backs of the cards. It makes my job as hostess much easier if you write the recipient's name on the back of the card (and it's in the first post!).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

goatgirl
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Jewels, your zentangles are awesome! Love the use of color! And notinkansas, I really like my Rossetti card!

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=286387

group 8 uploaded to the designated gallery :D
hope you like hostie card :D

pixiecorpse
02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
and heres my other zentangles :D
I edited the owl one i uploaded and it has the green one included now :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=286389

ScrapPea
02-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Yowza! Jewels and pixiecorpse, those are Awesome owl Zentangles! I am so, so...*does happy dance*

ScrapPea
02-23-2012, 12:08 AM
@Idolores - What great drawings. Love the puppy with the bone!

@HiddenTreasure2010 - What funky cards! Love your style.

@notinkansas - Oh, that "I Love Lucy" card is so fun!

ColorFly
02-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Wow Jewels and pixiecorpse, I love my purple and blue zentangles!

pixiecorpse
02-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Phew! Glad you both like them! Zentangles are scary :D not nearly as relaxing as I thoght they were suppossed to be!

pixiecorpse
02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Debs, idolores and I have done a similar picture for your african dog, if you'd prefer me to do a different one I'm happy to. She did post hers first :D

Cat's Cradle
02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Phew! Glad you both like them! Zentangles are scary :D not nearly as relaxing as I thoght they were suppossed to be!
Once you get more practice with them, they really can be relaxing. :yes: If you look at each pattern as a series of lines, it's not as scary. ;)

pixiecorpse
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
The owl was easiest having the specific shapes to fill, the abstracts wooooo! And trying not to repeat the same pattern too much got the best of me too.
Think I may need to get my eyes tested too there's a lot of concentration involved :D

Cat's Cradle
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Pixie, you should try doing them a bit larger for practice. The recommended size is a 3.5" square tile, but you can do them a bit larger, too, if it's helpful. The canvas size really does affect your finished piece. :yes: (I've done them on inchies, and boy, is THAT hard on the eyes!)

If you go to Tangle Patterns (http://www.tanglepatterns.com), which is run by a CZT, you'll find a plethora of helpful information, as well as strings to help get you out of a slump. Linda updates the site regularly...you can subscribe to the updates and get the new patterns via e-mail.

pixiecorpse
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Ooh thank you Cat's Cradle I'll go and bookmark it now better not play tonight have a few bits and bobs to finish off before I get sidetracked :D
Wow! Inchies that does sound hard! Well done!!!
I will definitely give the bigger ones a go though! :D

Deblit
02-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Here's group 2's cards. Two Bad Mice , Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, Steampunk cat, and napo'o 'ana o ka la (sunset). I hope you like your cards. I almost kept the Steampunk cat. lol

Deblit
02-24-2012, 03:47 AM
I also have two done for group 6.

pixiecorpse
02-24-2012, 04:26 AM
They are fantastic cards djl1050!!!

Cat's Cradle
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

Jewels
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Here's group 3. I'll get them mailed shortly.

Clopina
02-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Amazing card djl1050! All of them are so beautiful, and I love my unicorn. :D

I've linearted my cards, I hope to be able to finish them tomorrow.

Cat's Cradle
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Wonderful cards Jewels! Do you still have my address?

Looking forward to seeing your cards, Clopina!

goatgirl
02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Jewels, I love my Rossetti lady!

Jewels
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
No worries. I still have your addie from last time.

notinkansas
02-24-2012, 07:54 PM
great cards Jewels! love my keys!

ArtDuJunque
02-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Re: zentangles
Just found some dimentional magic type stuff today in black and white as opposed to the typical clear. I feel some 3d dots coming on...

Deblit
02-26-2012, 01:44 AM
I had never heard of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. I had to hunt the books up. lol They look a lot like Kewpies.

Clopina
02-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I've finished my cards for group 6!

http://i42.tinypic.com/25hpgkk.jpg
Here we have
a lot of cats for djl1050
a moon on a string for MountainsAndClouds
an angel for Kavka
a couple of parrots for Thwarmp
and a german shepherd for our host Cat's Cradle :D

I'll be honest and say that the moon on a string has been the most difficult one for me to come up with an idea. I drew a totally different thing at first, but then I scrapped it up and re-drew this. I really hope it's fine MountainsAndClouds!

Hope you'll like them!

Cat's Cradle
02-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Awesome cards, Clopina! Do you need my address?

Clopina
02-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you Cat! :D
Yep, I do. Sending you a pm right now!

Deblit
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I love, love, love my cats card!!!!

pixiecorpse
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Ooh they are fantastic cards jewels and clopina!!!
Ooh I do cat's cradle,although I won't be able to post until friday :D

Cat's Cradle
02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Pixie, sending you a PM.

Anyone else ready to mail who needs an address? Please shoot me a PM!

notinkansas
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_companion.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_arabian_sheik.jpg here are my other two for Group 3...will mail this week. I should have your address from other swaps. :D

Cat's Cradle
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Beautiful!

MountainsAndClouds
02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Hmmmm I wonder where my cards are... I sent them a bit ago.... :/

Cat's Cradle
02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm actually on my way to check the mail as soon as I get off the computer. I missed Saturday; the lobby closes at 11:30 and I wasn't up in time.

Cat's Cradle
02-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Mail call! I have cards from:

MountainsAndClouds - thanks for the extra cards
Elena - thanks for the napkins
Jewels - thanks for the extra card

Sara, I absolutely adore my steampunk cat!!

goatgirl
02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
My cards went in the mail on Saturday. . .

Cat's Cradle
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Will let you know when they get here.

HiddenTreasure2010
02-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi, I sent my cards to you today. Here is the last card for my group#7. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6462/small/1_Altered_Playing_card__with_text.jpg

HiddenTreasure2010
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Jewel, I love my card in group #3. It's fabulous!

ColorFly
02-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Here are my cards for Group 6: a blue and orange cat for djl1050; a unicorn for Clopina; moon on a string for mountains and sky; a colorful angel for Kavka, and a red and yellow cat for our host!

ColorFly
02-27-2012, 11:58 PM
And here are my cards for Group 4, Zentangles: Red/Black/White abstract for Jewels, an Owl for ScrapPea, Green/Black for pixiecorpse, Green added to Black/White for Maineatc, and a flowered one for our host!

Cat's Cradle
02-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Karen, I'll let you know when they get here. Probably some time next week, I imagine.

Thwarmp, lovely cards! Thanks for sharing!

pixiecorpse
02-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Wow those zentangles are fantastic!!! Love mine thank you thwarmp!!!

MountainsAndClouds
02-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Yay! They made it! (Whew!)

CatsCradle, I'm glad the cat is sufficient... I usually stay away from steampunk. It's so all-encompassing, it scares me a bit! haha

debs913
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Melissa I just noticed that my theme for Group 8 is listed incorrectly. You have "wild African dogs" and it should be "African Wild Dogs". The latter is an actual species...also called Cape Hunting Dogs... Here's a link for those unfamiliar with them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycaon_pictus

Groupies, if you've already done something for me, no worries. I shoulda checked earlier ...

pixiecorpse
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Debs I think I actually googled african wild dogs when I went to look for a picture, my worry was that idolores and me both did similar pictures, and if you minded :D

Idolores
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
@Debs I think I got the right one. :)

Cat's Cradle
02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Melissa I just noticed that my theme for Group 8 is listed incorrectly. You have "wild African dogs" and it should be "African Wild Dogs". The latter is an actual species...also called Cape Hunting Dogs... Here's a link for those unfamiliar with them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycaon_pictus

Groupies, if you've already done something for me, no worries. I shoulda checked earlier ...
Sorry 'bout that, Deb. I'll fix it and add the link. I thought I did a C/P on your request, but I may not have.

debs913
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
idolores and pixiecorpse -- cards are exactly the right dog...thanks.

pixiecorpse
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Yippee! I'm so glad! :D

debs913
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Group 1 is done
1. Nancy - whimsical yellow houses (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=287465) (lighted from within, not that nasty thing you are thinking!)
2. TxCat - coyotes (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=287515) A twofer! :D
3. Idolores - puppy dogs (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285482) I love drawing dogs
4. Debs913 - dingos --that's moi heh heh
5. ceejay - cute little critters (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=284892) little is relative, right? I think I got the cute part!

ScrapPea
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
@Thwarmp - An adorable tangled owl! Thank you. The others, too...wow!

Cat's Cradle
02-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Those are wonderful! And definitely chunky. :yes:

ScrapPea
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Yowza, MariaJayne, those are rockin' ATCs!

Cat's Cradle
03-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Those cards are all amazing! Sending a PM now. :yes:

ArtDuJunque
03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Fun and Funky Maria!

Deblit
03-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I about pulled my hair out for one card. lol I just couldn't get it and threw away a half dozen tries. I finally gave in and made one that I kinda liked. It's the moon on a string for Mountainsandclouds. The string and the stars are sparkly. I never knew something so simple could be so hard. Also, I have a parrot for Thwarmp and a butterfly for our hostess.

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Wow! Those cards are fantastic!!

Cat's Cradle
03-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Those all look wonderful!

debs913
03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Okay I am done :D Here are my Group 8 cards:

Cat's Cradle
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Love those cards, Deb!! Can't wait to see them IRL!

Cat's Cradle
03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I have two more envies here!

goatgirl - your cards arrived safely. Thanks for the fairy card!
kentuckydakota - your cards are also here. Thanks for the extra postage!

pixiecorpse
03-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow! Awesome cards debs! Love mine!!!! :D

TF Balding
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Ooooo! Sugar skulls!!! <3 <3 <3 Debs! :wub:

debs913
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Glad you like him. pixiecorpse...I'm unfamiliar with the character and was really hoping it was the right one! T--took me about 6 hours to do those little skulls...itty bitty little decorations...but you are worth it :D