PDA

View Full Version : VAL-A-TART 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 01:34 AM
VAL-A-TART 2012

Hosted by HHC and tag-along grammyquilter2... and here's what's happening:

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am on Friday morning, February 10, 2012
and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm on Tuesday evening, February 14, 2012.

This weekend we will :
1) Create art: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, bookmarks, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards, altered tins – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, zentangles, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry, tea bag folding, transparencies... you name it!
2) Show what lovely creations you've made
3) Trade art - if you wish.
4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
5) HAVE FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE VAL-A-TART:
and No, you don't have to make Valentines only, this is an ALL TYPES of ART.
Friday – Red! anything, just something with red
Saturday – Birds, Bees and things with wings
Sunday – Valentines (had to get them in somewhere), or Pink!
Monday - use Lots of Layers (like painting, stamping, embossing, fibers, collaging, embellish, etc)
Tuesday - Paint Chips and Postage Stamps

Remember this VAL-A-TART is open to EVERYONE.
Themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

ALSO NOTE that your work does NOT have to be for trade. If you’re working on swaps or a quilt or your journal, show us whatever you’re working on today.

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an VAL-A-TART?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone, ending on Valentine's Day.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Friday, Feb 10th (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend and on till Valentine's Day! Trading and chatting ensues. At 6:00 pm on Tuesday, Feb 14th (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like. (6:00 pm is to give time for that romantic evening on your
social schedule).

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Who’s ready to party?

nanner
02-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Yours truly is Home Alone (:shocked:) this weekend...I feel a val-a-tart coming on! :jiggy:

theweavershand
02-09-2012, 01:46 AM
woohoo! hoping to play as much as i can.

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 01:54 AM
WELCOME!

My first co-hosting of anything, so please let me know anything needs corrected
or improved. All ideas and suggestions are welcome.
So get ready, get set, .... aaawwwhh, it's only get on your mark today!
Gotta wait till tomorrow...

minnkel
02-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Ahhh was wondering when the official thread would start! Now I'm ready and roaring to get started. My table looks like a collection of small boxes as I've sorted through some of my ATC stash and gotten some fun things put together!!

sniisk
02-09-2012, 02:26 AM
I'll be here tomorrow evening.

miloccpep
02-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Hee hee, I can start tonight at midnight! Yahooooooooooooo! Let's hope I won't be too tired! Have a live trading session this evening!

Evalila
02-09-2012, 03:14 AM
I´ll be here, too:D

adifferentstory
02-09-2012, 03:41 AM
Great. I hope to be playing in this.

Moosecastle
02-09-2012, 03:49 AM
still havent made my scanner cooperate...:sad: so apologizing in advance for the poor quality pics:arghh: - and will remember to include link to my flickr with the higher pixel pics:wubclub:

jaw
02-09-2012, 03:53 AM
I am ready to partyyyyyyyyyyy. :jiggy:

Cathy1
02-09-2012, 04:02 AM
I am sure I am going to have some time to play - have done some backgrounds, cut out some chunkies and printed some collaged bits. Just cutting them out tonight ready for tomorrow. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sharlene54
02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Oh, goody. I'm ready for a great weekend.
:laugh:

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Thought I would move this over here in case somebody was interested:

from ArtDuJunque:
I made a handmade book out of bookmarks that were being thrown out.
here are the piccies:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=280652

HHC mentioned a list to send invitations; but if anyone has someone you think
would be interested this week, please be sure to let them know.

miloccpep
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Card 1: 3 of Spades. traded
APC w text background, collage book, stamped cat.

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Yay! our first posting of art! Looks like the race is off to a great start.

Cherie
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Made some backgrounds. All ready to get started!

KESagers
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Miloccpep - we can always count on you to get us off to a great start!

sharlene54
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Great Miloccpep. I still have about 9 hours. Of course, I hope to be asleep when the time comes.

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure how in the world there was a book titled "The Red Cat"!
lol, I may be jumpting ahead a bit, but I am thinking maybe I need to co-host
another a-thon called the Rent-A-Muse-For-A-Day-a-thon. Maybe one atc for
one muse for one day?
Still working on my "red" idea, hubby walked by a while ago and just shook his
head so guess it is not "done" yet!

Rogue Gal
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm excited to get started!

Jewels
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Yah! Atart fun.

alanabannana
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I want to thank so many of the wonderful people on this site for their kind words and generous offers of help, so that I would be able to participate this coming weekend. I am getting ready. I have some backgrounds ready, things for found poetry on hand, played with pastel hearts on text this morning - still experimenting on that - and plan on doing some watercolor wash tonight on text to get ready.

Hubby last week, tore apart the whole kitchen stove - 6 burner non self cleaning stove- it is sparkling like new. Stripped, washed and rewaxed the kitchen and mudroom floor. Yesterday and today - hammering in the background as I type- laying the hardwood floor in the partially done sunroom - now a 4 year project - slow but sure as materials and money were available. Have had the ash flooring for about 18 months to guess - now has time to put it in. So some good is coming from this - projects being done and I have learned that everyone on this site is so warm, caring and generous and ready to jump in to lend a hand to help others. Thank you again all and look forward to trading with many of you this weekend.

miloccpep
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Card 2: Origami Red Fox under a Tree. Loved the detailed tail!
Credit: Mark Leonard
Card 3: Origami Red Elephant on a small card? Folded from a strip of paper. Minimalist style.
Credit: David Mitchell/Paul Jackson
Card 4: Collage on red background. A moth landing.

grammyquilter2
02-09-2012, 10:19 PM
milloccpep, over time I have seen some amazing things from your pieces of papers!
The fox really is charming and foxy looking.
Still have a few hours for some of our people to be joining in, and others may be
working and not able to join us till Fri evening.
Suzanne, you could try taking a nap, just be sure to set the alarm!

sharlene54
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I love project runway.

dsign49
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I was so hoping to have tomorrow off....will be working and better yet I will have the whole weekend off....can't wait.

Suze
02-10-2012, 12:10 AM
One hour and 3 min. left here on E.Coast.
Nice work Rita! lucky you get to start already.
Suzanne, lol, you and I were watching the same shows.....but I'll bet your the one with energy at midnight, not me. :yes: hope you make it !
(I was volunteered to make a scrapbook for our manager here, she's retiring after 20 years, and she's a lovely person....but, but, but. sigh......

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 12:49 AM
So here I am, awake at almost-atart-time, and I am now taking my husband into work on Friday. Love it, he needs it (having crappy time at work; managers), but gotta get some sleep because in 6 hours I awake to drive. I am a GREAT napper, but not a morning dove...and I did not have time for a nap today.

It's only 11 minutes more. Maybe I will do a quick something. Maybe I'll sleep. Tough choice.

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 12:50 AM
@alana - All I can type is YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

tammybeck
02-10-2012, 12:50 AM
will try to jump in at some point!

Just Ducky
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM
I all dressed for the party... my bags are packed and I'm ready to go... man I think there's a song in there somewhere....
but kinda a bummer this midnight startin' time.. was ready to roll a few hours ago, but now I just tired and sleepy.. so .... I hope to do some show and tell by noon Friday...
dang,,, look.... it's midnight here and I got to waste time sleeping...:cry:

Jean
02-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I've got my tiara and boa at the ready! I'm heading to bed, but expect to have a couple of hours each day to art it up! Whoooooo hoooooo!

Jewels
02-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Here are a few Floral collages.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__1.jpg Floral #1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__2.jpg Floral #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__3.jpg Floral #3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__4.jpg Floral #4

sarat
02-10-2012, 01:06 AM
I sure hope I have the time to play. It has been too long since I played A-TART weekend :goofy:

RobbyGirl
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM
oooh sounds like fun! It's a busy weekend since my Son is in a play that has multiple performances this weekend and of course I have to attend them all but I may be able to squeak in a few especially on Monday.

Donnacr
02-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Just making sure that I can keep track of the thread - Fridays are a bummer at the moment (FAR too busy). Don't people realise that an ATART is MUCH more important?!?!?!?

And red is my favourite colour :arghh:wailing and gnashing of teeth heard fading into the distance as I leave to fulfill my next commitment. . . . . .

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Card 5: APC 5 of Clubs - Don't call me.
Card 6: APC 6 of Spades - Kiss and Tell.

cairnlae
02-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Don't people realise that an ATART is MUCH more important?!?!?!?

We are working on it.:D

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 01:43 AM
I say, do I upload my cards in the A-Thon Gallery? HHC? Grammyquilter2?

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay, I did one. Felt the need to. I outlined my found poetry in red, so I hope that counts.

TRADED!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_ForTrade-JudgementCat-ValATart.jpg

It is posted in my "A-THON Gallery" section. Is that where we should be posting these or in our regular gallery?

HHC
02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I say, do I upload my cards in the A-Thon Gallery? HHC? Grammyquilter2?

Yes, please. :)

HHC
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
We got back from our day at the Flower and Garden show... and I am one pooped girl! I didn't sleep well last night, and was up at 4:00 to get ready to go, and my little eyeballs are having trouble staying open.

I'll catch you all in the morning!

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
@Jewels - Love your collages, especially Floral 4! Great combinations.

Mouseit
02-10-2012, 01:53 AM
OMG.... Here I was thinking I would have to do nothing but relax all weekend.. *laughs*
Now you have given me something to do... AND I CAN START NOW!! heehee

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Bedtime everyone. I'll try to follow on my laptop tomorrow, but maybe I'll nap in the car between driving husband to work and meeting him for lunch. :) Good night.

HHC
02-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh... tired brain forgot to mention that miloccpep, jewels and ScrapPea have made a fabulous start to this weekend.

I have sent out pm's to everyone from past a-thon's (I think). Feel free to let your friends know there's a party going on. :)

Tea_Roll
02-10-2012, 02:05 AM
I'll be going to a Paper Art Workshop tomorrow at the University (it's a free workshop, woot!), maybe I should take pics to share with you guys! And then it's math homework but I'll probably do something artsy and fun some time tomorrow.. I mean art is more important then math!

Jewels
02-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Here's some more and then it's off to bed. Catch you on the flip side.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__5.jpg Floral #5
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__6.jpg Floral #6
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__7.jpg Floral #7
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Floral__8.jpg Floral #8

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Jewels: your work is always so lovely. and me with nothing to trade-- Yet

40 min. to go here in ariz.

Nitemare: pics of your workshop would be wonderful

Moosecastle
02-10-2012, 02:29 AM
@nitemare420me - there is math in everything, so of course you can play:D

Ginart
02-10-2012, 02:33 AM
I hope I can get stuff done this weekend, but I'm quite busy with some portfolio pieces (going to the Children's Book Fair in Bologna in March, yay!). I'll try!

sniisk
02-10-2012, 03:16 AM
I hope to end my day et work early today. Happily I'm working at home today so there won't be a long way from my computer to my crafting table :).

It's -15F here outside. I don't have any lectures today and it's a day for research only. It's nice to stay inside and drink tea when working.

sniisk
02-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Mouseit, you need to keep your eyes open when I make my first cards in the evening :D. Don't sleep too long tomorrow morning.

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 03:37 AM
I am glad to see we have pretty flowers, considering there are none blooming in
my yard except a couple roses and a cyclamen in the sunroom.
nitemare420me, hate to tell you but after 20 years you will be doing things and
wish you could remember some of that geometry/etc. that you thought you would
never use so didn't bother to remember!
Glad HHC got back and answered about the gallery posting. My thought is to
post it everywhere! in the thread, in the a-thon gallery, in your personal gallery.
You can always delete when you don't want them posted anymore, but when
people are doing a catch-up scrolling through they aren't as fond of going off to
separate gallery every posting and back again.
Oh don't know what I was thinking posting Red for Frida, went through my Huge Bag full of fibers and only one little tiny piece of red in the whole thing! Well a chunkie
can't be called finished until it has something dangling, can it?

Evalila
02-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Good morning all! What a great start already!

Here are my first two cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_That_Girl001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_That_Girl001.jpg) That Girl

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_TrueLove002.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_TrueLove002.jpg) True Love

marilou
02-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Overloaded weekend with the grand-kids...see what I can do, but I will check. Thanks for the invite!

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 04:23 AM
mariloupatch, and everyone, remember we are going well past the actual
weekend so there is plenty of time to join in!
and I know I have been away from here too long, just tried using the white
glue and found it had separated in the bottle! Never knew school glue
would do that. So I won't get anything done or posted till morning, it is
already 2:30 am and I need to get some sleep before I try finishing this
chunkie page.
Will look forward to lots of art when I come back!

KittyNL
02-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Goodmorning all! I came back yesterday late from a few days London (for business) and now I have to get back to home routine ... and I go swimming this morning and then go to lunch with a friend I haven't seen for months... but I will be back tonight :yes:

kentuckydakota
02-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Well, here's my something red card. Hopefully I'll get a bit more done tomorrow. For now, off to sleep.:sleep:

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Well, I often have trouble uploading my stuff--it always says the file is too big .I think it may have something to do with my having a Mac. ohwell
here is a link to my blog, you can see it there.
http://bigtoestudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/valathon.html

still needs a back, and title (any suggestions??) and dangles, so its not quite finished, but I am.

night all

Oh, kentucky, live your red bunny

Moosecastle
02-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I have a few fusebead ATC's on the way, all for swaps- just need to iron them, so I have to decide if I want to make more or not:D.

Then I've found supplies for a Magic Mushroom ATC series; it's going to be a caleidoscope of madness:goofy:

Tomorrow I'll be going to a crafts fair for a few hours. It has been the same people with the same crafts for a few years now so I'm really hoping for some change as the currents ones dont have much I need for my crafts. Mym mum on the other hand turns into the yarn monster:D:D

Now Im off shopping; we were going to have tart, right?! ;)

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Card 7: APC 2 of Diamonds - Red Dominance, collage. traded

Mouseit
02-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Have been so tired after my first week back at work.. LOL
Only got one done so far....

Friday had to be Red right?
Well I tried... heehee.... has taken me two hours to make this simple card... must be all the water colour painting... heehee

BLOOMIN HECK... I just noticed I had not painted his arm in tan.. so I have now done that...I must be tireder than I thought ! LOL

Ducky he is taking me to the GD farm tomorrow for the night... *sigh* there goes my nice weekend in here... lucky I can still make my cards and upload them later.. LOL

Mouseit
02-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Mouseit, you need to keep your eyes open when I make my first cards in the evening :D. Don't sleep too long tomorrow morning.

I will be watching Sniisk! heehee....................

chaosatlanta
02-10-2012, 07:52 AM
:wubclub: good morning. good morning. good morning.
Thank you, HHC for the reminder!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone is happy hearted,
because the Art-a-thon has finally started.

I've got a lot of work today,
but I surely will be back to play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

see ya' in a bit.
~Cheryl

alanabannana
02-10-2012, 08:06 AM
here are a few of the found poetry as promised. I will call them Val a thon 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5.

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I'll be watching too Sniisk!

Joss
02-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Okay let the party begin, Joss is in da house! LOL.

I started with a few this morning- and plan to make it an 'African' day for me, as I love doing this art (as you know if you've looked at my etsy shop).

RED theme for today:

93149 VAT #1 (on hold)

93150 VAT #2

93151 VAT #3 (on hold)

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey fren Joss! Good to see you here!

jensaz
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Wow, folks up so early to art, I LOOOOVE it!!! I'll pop in today. I'm sick which leaves me free to art, cause I'm at home. Although, I have a fever so who knows what I will come up with:laugh:

marilou
02-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Oh Yah, we should notice...Joss is awake and kicking!!!!
Boy I would like one of your cards, but see if I still find time today, maybe preparing a couple for tomorrow (I will be out alllll day).

sniisk
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Work done and time for fun :).

marilou
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Got warmed up (we got sunshine!)
93153 453- Reaching for your heart

Evalila
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone!!!

Fab cards, Joss:D

Here are two more from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_StandProud003.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_StandProud003.jpg) Stand Proud

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_FreeToFly004.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_FreeToFly004.jpg) Free to Fly

sueatbwp
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I am so jealous! I have to work until this afternoon but I hope to be home early and get started. Yucky weather here for the weekend - perfect for just sitting inside by the fire and creating stuff! I am ready!

monarch
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
4 x 4 for trade.............

Do You Like Cupcakes.............

sniisk
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Monarch, that is amazing! Very beautiful!

sharlene54
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I love you chunky, monarch.

Jewels
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Good morning All! Everyone's been so busy making art.

lunamoth
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi to all a-tarters,
Fun to watch the art come in. I am up and ready to create. But first I have to go have a medical screening test. After that I'll start a-tarting.
Anne

monarch
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
one more for trade.......

My Heart Is Wrapped For You......traded

Joss
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
And another three from me- am going to walk my doggie now- between the snow...

93158 VAT #4 (traded)

93159 VAT #5 (traded)

93160 VAT #6 (traded)

HotMamaRama
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I hope I get some time this weekend to play with you all.

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh my! So happy to see the wonderful art! Everyone has such clever sayings and
I just never think of something cute and wonderful. Love the wide range of ideas
being shown!

Mac does have a stubborness to their way of doing things. I haven't scanned
something for almost a year, so will find out later today, but I seem to remember
it was an issue with the pixel quality. If you are sending something for photo printing
it needs to be at 600 pixel - photo quality. But for AFA you need to change to 150
pixel - docoument quality.

monarch
02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
one more for trade..................

Balloons For My Valentine..............traded

marilou
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
And another 3, as you can see I combine red and birds, because I am unable to play tomorrow

93161 454-Found you

93162 455-Secret Love

93163 456-In the shade

jaw
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm up ... I'm off work today ... I'm ready to play! :jiggy:

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Fri. is red day??? I can do red.
is there a list of suggested themes or colors???

minnkel
02-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Whew...finally got everyone fed and in their appropriate pasttimes so now I can come out to play!!! I'll be posting my photos in the thread and in the athon gallery. Any pertinent or interesting info will be in the gallery posting.

I got on a roll when I was making cards for the Found Poetry swap - Love Poems so I'll have several of those to put up first. gotta get all those little giblets of paper off my table!! Until then...I can only hope I don't have to sneeze!!:shocked:

Here are my red offerings for the theme today.

Perfect
Kisses
My Love Is Like

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Goodnight all. I am off to bed. See you in the morning. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
big toe studio, I put Friday idea for Red, anything with something red. But it is not
a requirement, just a suggestion.
And I still need an idea for Tuesday, the big finale day, Valentine's Day
(other than just Valentines), so hoping someone comes up with suggestion.

Suze
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
good night Rita, good morning All Athoners!
I've really enjoyed reading through the thread that exploded over night...such fun and good art!
time to put my red on. hmmm...can't think ... more coffee...
just gonna throw this out and see if anyone has same prob I do.
I CaN'T sToP BUYING ART SUPPLIES. i DON'T NEED ANYMORE, i CAN'T AFFORD ANYMORE, BUT JUST GIVE ME A COUPON OR SOMETHING AND i'M OFF TO ART STORE.
WHY????????????
am I a Hoarder? yikes. maybe I am.:shocked::confused:
wondering if anyone else has same problem...

Jewels
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Here's a few more. Red theme, eh? I'll have to get some out. I've just been putting stuff together.

Art supplies are like Potato Chips or Chocolate, you can't have just one.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Hearts__1.jpg Hearts #1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Hearts__2.jpg Hearts #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Hearts__3.jpg Hearts #3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Vintage__1.jpg Vintage Girl #1

gypsymouse
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes.... paintmanycolors.... coupon means BUY! Speaking of which, I have one, no I have two coupons.... MUST GO BUY (said in robotic, hypnotic voice)

sniisk
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
My first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_43.jpg ATART #2 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/3_38.jpg ATART #3 TRADED

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 12:28 PM
paintmanycolors,
roflol, oh man, do you have a direct view into my art room? I just grabbed
a coupon to run quick and buy some art stuff from Hobby Lobby after having
spent hours digging through the plentiful piles I already have!

monarch
two more for trade...............

Balloon Bouquet................traded
Be My Valentine....................

KittyNL
Yes.... paintmanycolors.... coupon means BUY! Speaking of which, I have one, no I have two coupons.... MUST GO BUY (said in robotic, hypnotic voice)

I don't think it is because of the coupons... We don't have coupons in the Netherlands and I still need to buy art supplies.... I bought 4 new sketchbooks yesterday... because they were cheap??? :goofy:

WeAre138
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone. I wanted to try out something a little different so I dug out my HAMA beads. For the nerdier among us, these are some Zelda-inspired life-meter hearts.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6572/medium/1_DSCF1519.JPG http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6572/medium/1_DSCF1513.JPG http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6572/medium/1_DSCF1515.JPG

Wil Opio Oguta
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I had to work today, so not much time to play. But I managed to complete 2 cards. Rita has first choice as I still owe her 2 cards. Here are the pictures:

minnkel
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Here are a few more....

I was going through all my stash getting ready for this athon and I found these metal tags with cool quotes on them. The full quote will be in the description section of the athon gallery post.

To Love and Be Loved
Grow Old With Me
Love Is Home

wildholly
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
lurking...still traveling around the west like a gypsy...but going to try to participate sporadically.:D

jaw
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
First three of the day
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_001.jpg#1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_002.jpgtraded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_003.jpgtraded

ZebearLove
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I'll join and start today :)

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
PMC(paintmanycolors):
you are most surely not alone in the MUST HAVE ART SUPPLIES dept.
I even have a drawer just for stuff I have bought and not tried---yet
you know how it is "this looks interesting and its on sale".

LOVE everything posted so far

monarch
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
2 available .....................

Do You Like Cupcakes 4 x 4 chunky.....................
Be My Valentine.....................

sniisk
02-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Two more. Now at least something red...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_5.jpg ATART #5 TRADED

minnkel
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Two more and then I'm off to go feed the mob...again.....

I'm also cleaning up my studio a bit. At least the half I'm NOT spread out all over for this athon!! LOL!! So I clean a little, make some stuff, check posts while stuff is drying, repeat. I'll be back after lunch!!

Mutual Love
Confidential Conversation

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
i'm incomplete without you

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
People, listen to me, Art Supplies are never ever considered hoarding! They
are necessary stash: useful for testing metal detectors, stain and paint removers,
supplying recycling bins, filling empty boxes/bins/drawers, and more....
as well as developing communicative skills.
And that doesn't mention all the people who have business or jobs because we
are buying more merchandise for them to make more to ship to stores to sell more
to us to have more to give the postal service more business to keep them
busy.

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I couldnt have rationalized it better, Grammy

sarat
02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
It was lots of fun making these. Always enjoy having the time to do mixed media collages.

Thanks HHC and Grammyguilter2 for hosting:yes:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Love_on_fire.jpg Love on fire

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Tropical_Paradise.jpg Tropical Paradise

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/small/1_Movement.jpg Movement

Open to trading

Moosecastle
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Magic Mushroom ATC's

1. Moomin Mum's Magic Mushroom Memories. TRADED TO Jewels

2. Ballerina in the Sky with Mushrooms.

3. Fantastic Fungi Fantasy.

4. Chicks in Space.

Not sure I can give up #3 ;). But the rest are available.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_magic_mushroom.jpg

better quality here http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/6852583497/in/photostream

Evalila
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
WOW, so much going on here. And wonderful cards everyone!!!

I switched from collage to drawing and here´s what I came up with:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Violet005.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Violet005.jpg) Violet TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Caltha006.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Caltha006.jpg) Caltha TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Kaeya007.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Kaeya007.jpg) Kaeya TRADED

jaw
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe Tuesday's theme should be Paint Chips and Postage Stamps ... :cute:

Moosecastle
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Ooh I second that - I have postage stamp ATC's on my ideas list for this athon:D.

KittyNL
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Great cards are being posted!

I have done two so far.

1. Butterfly
2. Blue bird

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_2.jpg

KESagers
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Everyone is off to such a great start!

It's shameful how long it's been since I steam mopped the kitchen floor and the mop fairy never showed up today so I guess I have to get it done myself.:skeptical: I hope to play soon.:D

CynthiaSillitoe
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
People, listen to me, Art Supplies are never ever considered hoarding! They
are necessary stash: useful for testing metal detectors, stain and paint removers,
supplying recycling bins, filling empty boxes/bins/drawers, and more....
as well as developing communicative skills.
And that doesn't mention all the people who have business or jobs because we
are buying more merchandise for them to make more to ship to stores to sell more
to us to have more to give the postal service more business to keep them
busy.

Preach on, sista! :D

Glad this is a long athon. I didn't actually get anything finished today, but did some big finger paint sheets to cut down for backgrounds for this and Joss' background swap. I chose finger paint (from DickBlick.com) because, even compared to student level acrylics, I could get more shades for my money. And I didn't need to buy brushes. I did buy finger paint paper which has a lovely gloss to spread paint against, but it's taking a long time to dry. Probably enough time for me to do a little shopping...

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
hmm, paper just for finger painting? I would like to learn more about that. Is it
just anything glossy to move the paint more easily?

jaw, great idea, Tuesday is on the list now.

Joss
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Great art going on here everyone. Three more from me:

93199 VAT #7

93200 VAT #8

93201 VAT #9

lunamoth
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
my first for the VAL-A-TART.
Pink Meow Cat

Cathy1
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Just love what I have been drooling over here on the site. I need to do some chores before I can join in as the mess fairies must have had a midnight party and given my address. I'll be back later on to drool some more and maybe post some pics. Art on everyone. :D

CynthiaSillitoe
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Grammyquilter, I think so. It's been years (decades) since I did any finger painting so when I saw there was a particular paper for it, I got it: www.dickblick.com

Literally, the last time I finger painted was in kindergarten and I can't remember if we had glossy paper. It's great for moving the paint and blending and I hope that then taping it onto atc backs will be a little more lightweight than sketch pad paper, but sometime I've got to pick some of that up, too. I just got the Crayola paints and I'm very happy with the colors. The effect is almost like batiking. (If they ever dry, I'll scan them.) Plus they're big tubes that will last me a while.

I also did a little painting on some book pages and we'll see how they turn out. One thing there is that it did bleed through the book pages some. I'm eager to try it on different papers and cardstock and see what effects I can get.

monarch
02-10-2012, 03:49 PM
one more available....

Valentine Balloons......................

Just Ducky
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I can't believe that already I am over 90 POSTs behind.. this place is rockin' and it's really gonna rock as I see we got JOSS fired up...
this is my first 4 show and tell.. started with a couple Valentines to set the mood...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_1.jpg.....# 1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_2.jpg.....# 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_3.jpg....# 3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_4.jpg.... # 4

lunamoth
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM
494 "without you I am blue...no other will do"
val-a-tart #2

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Awh, Ducky, no fair! Those little kitties just are so precious but I don't have anything
finished to post yet.

minnkel
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Back from lunch and before I start cleaning....again.....I have two more to post. I found this most beautiful vintage greeting card and loved the yellow roses on it. The first is homage to my Texas roots (the Yellow Rose of Texas and all) and the next is about another kind of love all of us know about here at AFA....the love of a friend.

Heart of Texas
To Love a Friend

Mouseit
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
My first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_36.jpg ATART #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_43.jpg ATART #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/3_38.jpg ATART #3 TRADED

OOHHHH Nice cards Sniisk!

Best keep #2 for me if its isn't gone yet!

Evalila
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
and two more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Breanna008.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Breanna008.jpg) Breanna TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Kamiko009.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Kamiko009.jpg) Kamiko Traded

CynthiaSillitoe
02-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Check out these backgrounds! I've got some in red/orange/yellow and greens/yellow, too, but they're still not dry:

HHC
02-10-2012, 05:11 PM
You all are arting like crazy! Great work!

Here's one I have finished... for mrubyjean's Dictionary page swap:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Dictionary_page-snowflake.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283109)

KittyNL
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I made two more this evening, in black and white. I am going to bed now, I want to read the last chapters of my book. Have fun and see ya tomorrow!

3. Black and white fish
4. Black and white butterfly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_4.jpg

sharlene54
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, I missed so much. I just back from lunch with the girls and shopping 'til we dropped. I finally have 2 cards:
1-d(on hold)
2-d

Jewels
02-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Gorgeous backgrounds, Cynthia. That's with fingerpaint? Wow.

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Here is my 4x4 chunkie front and back.
Val-A-Tart, #01/02 ( Claimed by Cathy1 )

KathyD
02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Rushed home to make some art. Here they are:
Arrival Traded
Guadelupe
Lady of the Mountains (the back has more paper and a postage stamp with a Big Horned Sheep)
Sister Mary Joseph Traded
and
Bhutan and Cekoslovensko

Everyone has done such nice things so far!

KathyD
02-10-2012, 05:33 PM
One more
a bookmark:
Take Time

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM
big toe studio, and anybody else on a Mac:
I have HP printer/scanner for my Mac, and found I have to use setting for color
photos 100 pixel quality in order to scan low enough file size to be accepted
on AFA gallery.

Jewels
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I've been working on these Zentangle Mandalas for a swap all day but I think they turned out pretty good.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Zentangle_Mandalas_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Zentangle_Mandalas_2.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Zentangle_Mandalas_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Zentangle_Mandalas_4.jpg

craftyvox
02-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I kinda missed the first day of the V-ATART, and just had a quick browse through the thread before it's bedtime. Awesome art all!! I hope to be able to get some creativity in this weekend as well, cause I'd love to have some stuff up for trade myself. For now, first bedtime but catch y'all tomorrow again! Happy crafting!

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Yes, it is VAL-A-TART and not VAL-A-CAKE or VAL-A-COOKIE.
So I hope you can read this on your computers, if not, PM me and I will try
emailing it if you are interested.

Cathy1
02-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Wow Jewels - they are fantastic - looks like a huge amount of work and concentration to get them looking so good.

jaw
02-10-2012, 06:13 PM
here's a few more
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_004.jpgtraded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_005.jpg#5
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_006.jpgtraded

adifferentstory
02-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Wow lots of lovely art. Been too busy today creating my first 9 ATC's for the athon, haven't had time to look at the art until now.

F101 - traded
F102 - available
F103 - traded

Mixed media. Polymer fabric (printed asian fabric with a layer of liquid polymer clay and cured), hand drawn collaged images (copic finliner pens and spectrum noir markers, metal butterfly embellishment and viva decor pearle pen.

If you see something you like send me a pm.

Suze
02-10-2012, 06:27 PM
oh my goodness....did laundry and straigthened up and napped and come back to the athon, and well, Wowww!!!
THANKS to all who understands my compulsion to buy MORE arting supplies, love Grammy's logic, in fact I believe I'll frame it :yes:

heres my two red's for today.
Reads Me Like A Book
Hello Darling

WeAre138
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Here's a couple of Cupid APCs

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6572/large/1_Picture_117571.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6572/large/1_Picture_117570.jpg

Joss
02-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I am off to bed now- see you all in the am, art on everyone, art on. Nitey nite.

jaw
02-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Jossy Joss!!! Sleep well ... I'll PM you ... gotta get me some Jossy african art!!!! xoxoxo

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Oh, so loving all the variety of great things being posted.

adifferentstory, please what is liquid polymer clay? I think of liquid polymer
as a sealer for floors, wood, etc. and clay as being opaque and solids. Is this
what is also called resin, or decoupage finisher?

owl-lady
02-10-2012, 07:17 PM
wow some amazing art work i hope i can find some time to play along today :)

Joss
02-10-2012, 07:24 PM
My African cards are just 'flying out the window'. Was gonna load these tomorrow morning- but will stick them on now before I go off to my beddie byes.

93246 VAT #10

93247 VAT #11 (traded)

93248 VAT #12

adifferentstory
02-10-2012, 07:25 PM
F110 - available

Stamped images, spectrum noir markers, viva inka gold (gold) and brilliance gold ink.

Jean
02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
OMG, so much fab art!!!! As soon as I can get a pic taken, I'll upload some cards I made for a swap I'm in...also I got some backgrounds done....and I want about a gazillion of he cards I've seen so far. Gotta get busy....

adifferentstory
02-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh, so loving all the variety of great things being posted.

adifferentstory, please what is liquid polymer clay? I think of liquid polymer
as a sealer for floors, wood, etc. and clay as being opaque and solids. Is this
what is also called resin, or decoupage finisher?

Polymer clay are solid blocks of oven bakeable clay. This is a liquid version. The one I have used is Translucent Liquid sculpey which when cured has a translucent finish. The finished fabric feels almost like pvc. I spread a layer of the liquid over the fabric and then use a heat gun to cure the liquid.It takes about 20mins to cure and atc sized piece.

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Okay, am I the only one who is (or wants) to send trade-with-me PMs to everyone here?!?? *sigh* Fabulous art here.
It's good to actually catch up with the thread. I'm gonna have to mark where I leave off tonight....

MelanieS
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow it's hoppin'in here! Kinda tired, but I think I can play for a bit and add a few cards to the pot! Love everyone's creations so far! :jiggy:

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Collage cards available for trade (for materials used, check my athon gallery)

Feline Abandon! -- TRADED!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_ForTrade-ValATart-FelineAbandon.jpg

Cinnamon Surprise
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/medium/1_ForTrade-ValATart-CinnamonSurprise.jpg

nanner
02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Alright lovely arteests, let's DO this! I have a handful of Valentine-y art dolls started. Hope to see some peeps ready to rock in my time zone. Or those able to burn the midnight oil (or morning oil for those across the globe.) :D

Jean
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
When you enter a thread, right at the left under Post Reply is View First Unread. The site already bookmarks your place in every thread you visit! ;)

Ok, here are my first Paint and Pen Abstracts for the swap.

ArtDuJunque
02-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I will start when I get home tonight! Tomorrow I work a few hours and Hubbs was talking dinner/show but ill be in art mode after that. I'm working on a few big projects, one for class and one for my art show display! I'll post pics of those as well.

adifferentstory
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Cool ATC's Jean. I hope you get to play in the ATHON.

Cathy1
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Ok - I have one chunky finished
#1 - I love pretty things

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_FEB_2012__1.jpg

notinkansas
02-10-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6786/small/1_spoil_me.jpg
wanted to get at least one done tonight....been browsing the athon gallery... the art here rocks already and I have missed most of today...hope to do more this weekend!

jaw
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Here's a few more.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_007.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_008.jpg#8
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_009.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_010.jpg#10 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_011.jpg#11

gypsymouse
02-10-2012, 09:00 PM
I got a card made..... collage onto a black acrylic with gold embossing card, punchenella & polymer clay hearts Traded

sueatbwp
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
My first ones.
Love Letters
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3438/small/1_Love_Letters.jpg
Yeats Dreams
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3438/small/1_Yeats_Dreams.jpg
Future Happenings
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3438/small/1_Future_Happenings.jpg
Happiness Happenings
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3438/small/1_Happiness_Happens.jpg

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Oh I see so much eye candy, and just remember it is all CALORIE FREE!

Jean has shared with us a wonderful thread of info on copyrights and some
sources and ideas everyone should be aware of:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22320

and also thanks for the tip about the last read spot, how many hours have I spent
re-reading things ever since this site started and never learned about that
user-friendly service!
hah! Martha Stewart used to say she tried to learn one new thing each day, and
I have learned about finger paint paper, liquid clay, bookmarking service,
copyright ideas, and so much more in one day. Eat your heart out Martha, this
VAL-A-TART bunch has you beat by a mile!

ScrapPea, you are aren't the only one!

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 09:25 PM
@Jean - Yes, I know about the "View First Unread," but sometimes when there are multiple posts/pages since I last visited, it will take me to the last page. I'll still jot the number down.

I realize the "red" prompt has been stalling my creativity. Great jumping point, but while looking for red stuff, I found all this other cool stuff to make cards with! of course, red said, here are two more cards. My husband is taking me out to get a frappuccino. yes, it is 30-ish degrees here in Michigan, but it's never too cold for a frapp.

Playbill:--TRADED!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-ValATart-Playbill.jpg

Shadow Art:--TRADED!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-ValATart-ShadowArt.jpg

Suze
02-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I'M DROOLING....loving all the art and hating that I work so slow...but I've never met an athon I didn't like :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:
(and Grammy , love your attitude and fun-ness, your my new best friend.)
I actually got one more done....

Valentine Fairy Girl

Suze
02-10-2012, 09:37 PM
whoops,
Valentine Fairy Girl

KESagers
02-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Here are my first for this marathon.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_3-Ring-Circus.jpg

These are ULTRA LIGHT thin chunkies - 2 layers of cardstock and no bulky embellishments. There is a paper heart danglie on each one not shown in the picture. Hand stamped/heat embossed and water colored.

3 Ring Circus
Left to Right: Yellow-traded, Purple-traded
Pink-traded, Green

Since these are not traditional chunkies I will trade for any type of art.

big toe studio
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Im with you, scrapea--I want one of each, and ive only made 2 to share--lighting a fire under my tusshie right now

I love all the creative collage, but think I will shift to hd/hp for a while

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Day 2 of VAL-A-TART...with Wings

Card 8: APC Q of Spades - Dragon traded
Card 9: Birds on music score background traded
Card 10: Origami Bird of Peace w embossed bird at base of card
Card 11: Origami Swans on APC Ace of Diamonds. Hand-drawn n sharpies colored.
Card 12: Masked Technique Stamping of Cranes. Hand colored w brush markers.

monarch
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
available for trade...............

A Valentine For You.....................

Do You Like Cupcakes 4 x 4 Chunky....................traded

Be Mine Valentine....................

Valentine Balloons.................on hold

sharlene54
02-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm playing and trading. Three more finished.
3Dtraded
4D (traded)
5D

nanner
02-10-2012, 10:11 PM
No calories? (Ha!) Even with all this SWEET art! I love it! :elvis:

jensaz
02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Chunky I made today for a MMH.

jensaz
02-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Done today. Watercolor birds/hearts made for Bird/heart swap

93276 93277
93278 93279

KaleidescopeI's
02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Love seeing everyones great art....hopefully I will get a chance to jump in tomorrow!!

jensaz
02-10-2012, 10:20 PM
These 2 for trade but JAW gets first pick!

FlyingPhoenix
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I just stumbled across this...

...I better get started as I only have two and a half hours left of Friday here. XD

KESagers
02-10-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Friends-Together-chunky.jpg

2 Chunkies with my Kona and Calvin sitting in the window watching the birds. No thick embellishments or danglies - traded as is - will trade for other types of art.

jensaz
02-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I just stumbled across this...

...I better get started as I only have two and a half hours left of Friday here. XD

Well there's always tomorrow, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday until 6pm....:yes:

lunamoth
02-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Still puttering along with art supplies. Here is my 3rd card.
#544 Black & White Fashion Queen....she blinged it up with heart jewelry and hoof paint for the VAL-A-TART.

FlyingPhoenix
02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Well there's always tomorrow, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday until 6pm....:yes:

This is true. Still should try to get something started though. XD

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM
lunamoth, that zebra of yours is SO cute! Makes me laugh LOL!!

miloccpep
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
jensaz, love the cow over the moon chunky!

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
@paintmanycolors - I totally understand. I felt so slow with only 5 cards done. And I have an all-day art class tomorrow. It is learning the many fascinating ways to use my new Cricut, and maybe I'll cut some cool things to use on cards/chunkies. I have other art-ish things to do tonight, so I may not be back on the forum tonight. If only I didn't need to sleep....

KESagers
02-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I wish I could take that class with you ScrapPea - can't wait to hear what you learned.

Nancy
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Paris___Hearts.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283217) I got a late start...here are my first two avaliable for trade.....#1 Paris #2 Hearts
TRADED

ScrapPea
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Absolutely I'll share! I'm kinda excited about the afternoon session. We're going to cut things like acrylic and fabric(?)--anyway, some cool stuff that my friends who have owned their Cricut for 3 years don't know about.

grammyquilter2
02-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Well I don't know about the new fangled machines everyone has, but ScrapPea I am just waiting for you to get back from class and offer a trade for an envie full
of cut-outs!
Oh guys, loving all this diet food for the soul you are showing!

Cathy1
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
two more chunkies from me

#2 Accessories
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__2.jpg

#3 Wistful - TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__3.jpg

Jean
02-10-2012, 11:26 PM
That's news to me, Scrappea. I've been sending newbs to the view first unread for years and no one has ever told me it didn't work. When I hit view first unread, it takes me to the first post I haven't seen, usually the post behind my last post.

Now, if I click 'last page' instead of the swap title - which I do by default sometimes - before hitting view last unread, it takes me to the last page b/c it figures I was already there reading, I guess!

Just Ducky
02-10-2012, 11:49 PM
hello lovies... man I gotta unplug my FLOWEr power plug.. seems I stuck on flowers today... and I even got 4 more started... then.... I gonna move to chunky.. or something..
so here are 4 more flowers...oh dear...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_5.jpg.... # 5 (spirelli)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_6.jpg.... # 6 (spirelli)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_7.jpg...... # 7
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_val_thon_8.jpg...... # 8

Jewels
02-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Wow, Ducky. Those Spirelli Flowers are really cool.

KESagers
02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Nice cards Ducky!

2 ATCs for the marathon. A picture of my Kona and Calvin in the window.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bird-Watching-1_2.jpg
Bird Watching 1&2

minnkel
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow! I can't keep up with all the posts!! Two more for me and then I'm off to sleep.

Love Note
Love Remembered (white washed it)

miloccpep
02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
I'll be gone for the rest of the day. Will catch up when I return this evening.

Card 13: APC 4 of Hearts - Fairy Tale Dragon 1. I actually burned the corner, too bad the ashes were unglueable!
Card 14: APC 10 of Spades - Fairy Tale Dragon II

grammyquilter2
02-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Ducky, flowers are always popular, but one has a butterfuly on it so you're already
ahead of us for tomorrow's things with Wings!

miloccpep
02-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Ducky, flowers are always popular, but one has a butterfuly on it so you're already
ahead of us for tomorrow's things with Wings!
LOL! You mean you are in 'yesterday'? It's 11th Feb and 12.25 now in Singapore.

lunamoth
02-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Can someone help Lenny find a Valentine?

trinitysmomma07
02-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Hoping to find my muse again and do some art with my mommy(theweavershand)!

nanner
02-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Anyone still awake? Just getting up?

Here are a couple-a Valentine-ish art dolls. Note to self: this scanner makes blurry scans with bumpy mixed media. Eep!
Tall Obedience and Big Leisure

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/large/1_tall_obedience.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/large/1_big_leisure.jpg

Jewels
02-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Here's a few more collage picts.
5 Red Roses, Have a Heart, I Do and Spring Medley

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_5_Red_Roses.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Have_a_Heart.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_I_Do.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Spring_Medley.jpg

And a couple of Watercolor pencil abstracts.
SweetHearts and Moonrise

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_SweetHearts.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_MoonRise.jpg

dmnh
02-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi Everyone!
You all have been beautifully busy with arting! Wow! Lots of eye candy to covet!

HHC, thanks for the invite!
I almost didn't make it to the party at all. My computer went nuts early yesterday morning and wouldn't let me do a thing on it! I traded two polish stars (paper baubles I made) to get it fixed! Whoo hoo! I really thought it was a goner and this Val-atart wasn't going to happen for me!
I sewed monsters while the computer was being contrary. I'll trade these monsters if anyone is interested. They're about 9 inches tall, stuffed with fiberfil, could easily be stuffed in a tyvek envelope and travel through the postal system. They are also machine washable (don't put the wool one in the dryer though) and they are kid friendly.
Make me an offer! I'm always on the look out for paper to use in little books and I never turn down an offer of arty goodies so if you want a monster let me know what you might have to trade for one! And of course, one can never have too much artwork either! Don't be shy!

Santa Hat Monster was made from a fuzzy Santa hat acquired from a clearance rack at the Dollar Store. He's a rather cute monster for having cost less than $1 to make! And he's red! TRADED

Scottish Wool Monster is made from a couple of sweaters. His body is wool and his horns are cashmere. The red heart is acrylic felt.

Shoot me off a PM if you're interested, please!

Jewels
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Santa Hat monster is soooo cute.

jaw
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Here's a few more
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_012.jpg#12 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_013.jpg#13

Tea_Roll
02-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Well I didn't get to go to my workshop today.. :( oh well. Well got some goodies to share! Woot!!

Got some inchies done for the MMH: Inchies thread.

But most my Altered Playing Cards are available for trade.

2 of Hearts ~Traded~
2 of Hearts ~Available~
2 of Hearts ~Available~

KESagers
02-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Oh wow - so much great art! We are one talented bunch!

Of to bed for me - see y'all tomorrow!

big toe studio
02-11-2012, 01:12 AM
I feel so slow compared to ya'll

but heres one,
and I have 3 more laid out or thought out

HHC
02-11-2012, 01:25 AM
You all are doing wonderful art! My muse is being stubborn right now so I'm not sure I'll get anything finished before I head to bed... but you never know. :)

RobbyGirl
02-11-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm home after a long day but I'm going to try to create some Found Poetry tonight, wish me luck!

ArtDuJunque
02-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Still life in graphite for my drawing 100 class.

adifferentstory
02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Some wonderful art has appeared since i've been asleep. Some of you have been busy.

Jewels
02-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Very nice still life there.

It's late here. I think it's time for bed. Nightie-night all.

KathyD
02-11-2012, 01:38 AM
I had fun playing with water color tonight:
Fly Free
Hide and Seek traded
Slow Ride
and What Happened to You?

KathyD
02-11-2012, 01:40 AM
And 2 bookmarks
Autumn Night Flight (front and back) traded
and Constellation

Good night, all. See you tomorrow!

grammyquilter2
02-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Oh dear, yes I am in "yesterday" more than anyone realizes!
And just staring at the wonderful eye candies being presented and then to my
pile of "possibilities waiting to happen" and wondering if anything is going
to happen. Well, it is becoming "today" miloccpep, maybe I can catch up
later. Nite to those needing some rest, and morning to those joining us as
the world goes round and round.

Sorry creative people, think I need to go dream up some ideas. Hope not
everything will be traded before I wake up.

theweavershand
02-11-2012, 02:43 AM
my muse is being uncooperative too.

i did get the refurbishment done on my group's Bunco Box. we've had the same box for 12 years and its was falling apart. i just couldnt see throwing away an old friend so i fixed it up. itll be unveiled to the group at our monthly game on Monday night.

big toe studio
02-11-2012, 02:43 AM
another one for trade
this was cool to do--the bkgnd. is embossed paper. I hit the hight spots with an ink pad, and the grooves with a colored pencil. pretty happy with the results

theweavershand
02-11-2012, 02:45 AM
this is how it looked before only more worn and the lid had completely come off.

jaw
02-11-2012, 02:48 AM
a couple more
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_014.jpg#14http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_015.jpg#15

DRAGONSTARR
02-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Here's a few more.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_007.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_008.jpg#8
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_009.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_010.jpg#10 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/1_valatart_011.jpg#11

Ewe-ness is tooo cute :D

RobbyGirl
02-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Here are my first four. I'm off to bed, PM me if you'd like to trade :D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_Edwards_Secret_Marriages.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283279)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_Love_Me_Do.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283280) (Traded)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_Gilt_Hair.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283281)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_Maisy.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=283282) Traded

MelanieS
02-11-2012, 02:57 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9642/small/1_img424.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9642/small/1_img426.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/9642/small/1_img425.jpg

All pen & ink w/ copics.

jaw
02-11-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm off to bed ... work tomorrow and a dinner/dance after ... I'll try to check in before I leave and at lunch ... then I get to play on Sunday again! I really needed this!!!! Thanks grammyquilter and HHC!!!

sniisk
02-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Good morning. It took over an hour to read all the posts here :).

sniisk
02-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Here are my newest cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/3_33.jpg ATART #8 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_31.jpg ATART #9 TRADED

Moosecastle
02-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Finally got the fusebead ATC's ironed:

Stitch ATC's for a friend on swapbot
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_stitch_.jpg

Totoro for private swap:http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_totoro.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_totorodustbunnies.jpg

better quality pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/?saved=1

Cathy1
02-11-2012, 04:18 AM
some from today - all available - just PM me for a trade

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__4.jpg German Shepherd and friends

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Ace_Spades.jpg Ace of Spades

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__5.jpg Sing a song

Cathy1
02-11-2012, 04:22 AM
And three more - all available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__8.jpg Beauty with fan

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__7.jpg Beauty with butterfly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__6.jpg Listen to the music

big toe studio
02-11-2012, 04:40 AM
another completed

Evalila
02-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Hello everyone!
WOW, you all have been creating wonderful art! Gotta send some PMs and then back to my craft table.:D

adifferentstory
02-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Loving the art ladies.

purplybunny
02-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Hey all :)

Although will be busy this weekend with study will try and get some done :) Will give me a wee break from studies. Looks like fun :) Loving the art so far.

Joss
02-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Morning all, took me ages to go through all the art- fantabulous stuff has been posted.
Here are my first two, have done more -need to scan them and then go and do some shopping and hang out the washing-there is a bit of watery sun here in London- it won't melt the snow, but it looks good.

93312 VAT #13

93313 VAT #14

KittyNL
02-11-2012, 08:31 AM
2 more from me this morning... ohhh it is already 1.30pm. Where did the time go :confused:

5. Dodo
6. Yellow rose

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_VALaTART_6.jpg

Evalila
02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Here are today´s first:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Aleshanee012.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Aleshanee012.jpg) Aleshanee

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Adsila011.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Adsila011.jpg) Adsila TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Anitola010.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Anitola010.jpg) Anitola TRADED

Blanche
02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I am a bit under the weather with a case of acute bronchitis. Good thing I have a box of tissues at the ready because I just looked through this entire thread and the drool got way out of hand!

Don't know if I will feel up to creating anything this weekend, but I do have some cards in my available gallery lol!

FlyingPhoenix
02-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Wonderful, inspiring art everyone!

My muse rebelled last night and refused to let me get anything accomplished. ...then it woke me up 6 hours later, so I'm on a roll now. Will post once I get them scanned in. :)

KathyD
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning. I'm up earlier than I thought I would be, but the baby got up early and I lost Paper, Rock, Scissors with the hubby. At least I have beautiful art to look at. Such Wonderful things posted while I slept. Nice work on the bunco box, Theweavershand.
Kathy

miloccpep
02-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Evalila, such BEAUTiful cards!

craftyvox
02-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Great art posted overnight! Y'all have been so busy :)
I roped DH into doing our weekly groceries early the afternoon so I would have the rest of the day (after some more housechores) to be creative. Not sure I manage to rope him into a repeat of this .. it was soooooo incredibly crazy busy at the store! Guess that's why we normally wait till later the day hehe. Gonne finish my last bits of homework then grab my supplies and get to crafting. Hope to be back later with some piccies!

lunamoth
02-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Many of you have been visited by your muses or creative energy pixies. So much fun to look at the wonderful art on the thread this morning. I plan to make some art but first I gotta have my morning cup of tea.

jensaz
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Okay, here are the 2 I currently have AVAILABLE for trade. Please PM me as I will be at work and not able to be on the thread this morning.

adifferentstory
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Finally i'm ready to start creating more atc's.