PDA

View Full Version : President's Day (weekend) Postage Stamp A Thon Feb 17-20th

Pages : [1] 2

RobbyGirl
02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND POSTAGE STAMP A THON

Your Hosts this weekend are RobbyGirl and TheWeaversHand

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am on Friday morning, February 17, 2012
and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm on Monday evening, February 20, 2012.

This weekend we will :
1) Create art of any type to show and tell or trade but it must include a postage stamp***: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, bookmarks, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards, altered tins – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, zentangles, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry, tea bag folding, transparencies... you name it!
2) Show what lovely creations you've made
3) Trade art - if you wish.
4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
5) Feel free to ask questions in the thread and RobbyGirl and TheWeaversHand will help where needed :yes:
6) HAVE FUN

***Defining Stamps -Lots of stamp questions today so let's define it as the prefer usage is real postage stamps. You can use faux stamps, copied stamps or sealer stamps that aren't postage but please identify them in your description when you post so people know what they are getting. :yes: That should give those people who don't have actual postage a chance to play too.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES

Friday – Things with Wings
Saturday – Flora and Fauna
Sunday – People
Monday - Patriotic or Presidential
(Themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.)

ALSO NOTE that your work does NOT have to be for trade. If you’re working on swaps or a quilt or your journal, show us whatever you’re working on today.

What IS an A THon?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Friday, Feb 17th (your time zone--which is really Midnight on Thursday if you think about it!) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to the A-Thon Gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the event time. Trading and chatting ensues.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

NOTE: Special thanks To HHC and everyone else who has contributed to this A Thon instructions template of instructions over the years!

Blanche
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Yay! Looking forward to this!:D

miloccpep
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Bookmarked. Will start prepping tomorrow.

Wil Opio Oguta
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I better start gathering backgrounds and stamps -:)

lunamoth
02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I haven't done much with stamps before but I am going to give this a try. A-thons are a fun way to see so much art, get inspired and have fun together...even if it is long distance.

purplybunny
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I won't be able to play as I'll be "playing" catch up with my studies.

GALZART
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll, at least, be following along to see all the fabulous work everyone posts.

dsign49
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
I have to work on Sat,But hope to play part of it.

Moosecastle
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Postage Stamp ATC's were on my ideas list for the VAL-A-TART but I never got around to them. So this is perfect!!!

sniisk
02-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I can try to play :).

Isn't February 20th Monday? It says it's Tuesday in the first post.

Cathy1
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Great, I've been saving my postage stamps for just such a 'date'.

RobbyGirl
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
The 20th is Monday, I did some copying and pasting and probably picked up Tuesday from the Valentines post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, all fixed.

theweavershand
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
i have tons of stamps! cant wait to see if i can make any magic with them.

CynthiaSillitoe
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I love the idea of presidents. :) Somewhere I've got some Nixon stamps I've always wanted to use....

jaw
02-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Need to find some more clip art and I'll be ready ... have to work most of this, but will have a bit of time on Sunday! :)

Donnacr
02-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I managed to miss the Val-a-thon (grrrr, looks daggers at husband who filled the weekend with other things) so I have excess athon energy - MUST PLAY!!

purplybunny
02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I will of course be hopping in to keep an eye on all the beautiful art that no doubt will be created :)

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
2 ATCs and 2 Light Chunky.
card 1: APC 2 of Spades. Collage and Kiwi postage stamp. traded
card 2: APC 3 of Clubs. Collage and US $ .64 cents postage stamps. traded
One is cut completely and the other retain part of white border background.
card 3: Light Chunky - Golden pair of Bunnies w postage stamp from Singapore, on red backgroound.on hold
card 4: Light Chunky - Golden pair of Bunnies w faux postage stamp on dark green background. on hold

Wil Opio Oguta
02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Great start Rita!

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi Wil, good morning...it almost 1.00am. I'm beat and I think it would be wise to go to bed! LOL!

Suze
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
well, I'll be dern...a athon and nobody told me. sniff. sniff.
Or maybe someone did and I forgot...hmmm, at my age its prob memory-i-tus.

Cathy1
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow Rita, those are fantastic. - this card I made for the val-a-thon but I still have it in my athon gallery. I will be back home tonight - in about 12 hours after being away with work all week so I definately will be making some more cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_FEB_2012__4.jpg German Shepherd (and friends)

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
card 5: APC 2 of Hearts. Singapore Merlion w faux postage stamp. The crescent and 5 stars are hand drawn. Can't say I did a good job of that!

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Thank you Cathy and SuzanneSky.
I better get to bed, It's already 2.03am! Good night all..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KittyNL
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Ohhh.... another a-thon :D. I do have a very very busy weekend, let me see if I can schedule some stamp time ...

CynthiaSillitoe
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
All right, who took my Nixon stamps? (Looks around for the guilty party.) Well, still a couple of stashes to dig through and I have found some very nice stamps in the meantime....

Moosecastle
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Not me! I'm not a crook!!! :goofy:

I would love to have them though; they would make a great villain series:D

CynthiaSillitoe
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM
LOL! That was one of the lines I was going to use. :) And maybe a Checkers card...

KESagers
02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Cynthia - I think your Nixon stamps must be with my missing Wonderland book. I hope you find them.

minnkel
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Whew! I'm beginning to think it would be easier to run and actual marathon!!!

I do have a couple of postage stamp ones that I completed at the very end of the VAT so is it OK if I post those tomorrow? (only cheating just a smidge???) AND....hubby is working till evening and our son and his kids are off for the afternoon and evening visiting. WOOHOO -- I'm home alone!!!!! ooooo how I LOVE that!!!
I just wonder what I can do with all that free time??????hmmmmmmmmm

minnkel
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM
ummmmm guess I should read the directions first........Can I just PRETEND I live on the other side of the dateline???????? Or should I take them off the thread and repost them tomorrow??????? Yep that is what I did..just deleted them till tomorrow. I was just so danged excited and ready to start!!!!!:embarrassed:

RobbyGirl
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Milo and Cathy thanks for getting us off to a good start!

Love your enthusiasm Minnkel!

theweavershand
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
great start everyone! im working on making backgrounds and getting all my stamps together. i havent really done much with stamps other than collect them. interested to see how my muse feels about them. come on midnight!!

Cathy1
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
ummmmm guess I should read the directions first........Can I just PRETEND I live on the other side of the dateline???????? Or should I take them off the thread and repost them tomorrow??????? Yep that is what I did..just deleted them till tomorrow. I was just so danged excited and ready to start!!!!!:embarrassed:
HAHA Minnkell - that is the joy of living this side of the world that sees the sun first - we get to post the first cards :D:D:D

minnkel
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
HAHA Minnkell - that is the joy of living this side of the world that sees the sun first - we get to post the first cards :D:D:D

Oh I know...and my only consolation is that we get to play longer on the last day. But somehow....it's just not the same...:cry:

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Found another Bunnie to collage among the mess of cuttings in the box!
card 6: Light Chunky - collage w faux postage stamp

Jean
02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
This will give me the perfect excuse to get swap inchies and hearts done...with stamps! Now to find the bag of stamps....*scratching head*

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 10:17 PM
card 7: Birds on the Tree. These are Green-Winged Pigeons. 2 pigeons are cut from the original postage stamp and 1 intact. traded
card 8: Migratory Birds w 2 postage stamps on 'blue sky w clouds' background.

HHC
02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh my goodness! It's already Friday somewhere! This week went by fast!

And I just mailed off the Valentine ATART cards today. LOL!

miloccpep
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
card 9: Postage Stamp of Frances Perkins playing the double-bass w another postage stamp of Celebrate! traded

miloccpep
02-17-2012, 12:59 AM
card 10: Postage stamp of a pair of Jambu Fruit Dove. traded
Let's see if I can find something suitable to cover the rear of the bird.
card 11: Postage stamp of Merbah Beringin and 2 cut out from same postage stamp. It's serendipitous that the bird has a worm in its beak. It is actually a mark from the postal stamping! Part of the background tree has been slit to accomodate the twig. traded

Jewels
02-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Here's a couple stamp ones from awhile back.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Long-tailed_Duck.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Winter_Pines_2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_APC-_Vintage_Ladies_2.jpg

Evalila
02-17-2012, 02:00 AM
OMG, I almost missed this LOL

mtpaperplayer
02-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Hi Weavershand!! Thought about joining in on this, but my postage stamps I ordered on Ebay, didn't come in the mail, yet. Am supposed to get them soon. If I don't get them tomorrow, maybe I'll jump in on the next postage stamp-a-thon! :yes:

mtpaperplayer
02-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Cool cards, Jewels!!
Miloccep: Very Clever cards! : )

theweavershand
02-17-2012, 02:11 AM
hey marilyn!! i have a ton of stamps and id be happy to give you some. you can come by and pick them up...or better yet...come by on Sunday and we can art together!

miloccpep
02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Cool cards, Jewels!!
Miloccep: Very Clever cards! : )

Thank you mtpaperplayer.

mtpaperplayer
02-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Amy: Sounds fun!!! PM me with a good time Sunday. :yes:

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Well we are off to a wonderful start, lovely cards posted already!! I'm soooo sleepy tonight I don't think I'll make it to midnight. See you all in the a.m.

Jewels
02-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Here's some new ones. I'm off to bed.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_I_Do.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon-_Forever_Roses.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon-_Lovely.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon-_Year_of_the_Dragon.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon-_Dolphin_Joys.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Valentine_Athon_Butterflies__1.jpg

Cathy1
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Oh Jewels - just love your dragon and butterfly cards - and in fact all your cards.

Moosecastle
02-17-2012, 03:51 AM
I want to go to Pflugerville too!!! I love that name:D

theweavershand
02-17-2012, 03:58 AM
well hurry up and get over here!! a bit of a trip but well worth it!

i love the name too. named after the Pfluger family who settled here in the 1800s. always gets funny looks from anyone who isnt familiar with the area and its always interesting trying to tell people how to spell it. it used to be tiny...now its huge. we are just outside of Austin, the capital of Texas.

theweavershand
02-17-2012, 04:03 AM
just about finished with my Altered Keys for Jennie's swap so tomorrow i can pull out my stamps and see what i can do with them.

night all! see you manana!

miloccpep
02-17-2012, 07:20 AM
card 12: Postage stamps of Scarlet Macaw, Blue-Throated Bee-eater, and American Kestrel plus a collage owl. The Kingfisher I had in mind did not work out. Sigh!:arghh: traded

Tinka
02-17-2012, 07:55 AM
my first for this a-thon:

- traded

prefer to trade for another APC please

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 08:29 AM
loving all the art i'm seeing :)

I can't find my envelope of used stamps :/ But I'm gonna try get some crafting done later :) & will share with you all :) I'm gonna alter another envelope to put stamps in and put it in my junque journal :) Also have got two junque journals in the design stage.

minnkel
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Can I play NOW?? HUH???? Can I huh?????:confused:

OK....here are my first 4

Desert Mirage - Actually completed at the very end of the VAT.
The Forest Road - Stamp with watercolor background
Chasm - Stamp with watercolor background and a touch of pigma pen
Isolation - Stamp with watercolor background and a bit of colored pencil

Tinka
02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
2 cards with Hungarian text, postage stamps and city map of Budapest:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/343/small/1_Magyar_Posta_2x.jpg

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone, Milo, Jewels, Tinka, Minnkel, and Suzanne you've gotten us off to a rocking start!

I'm up early and ready to get rolling. Have to shove a few WIPs aside to get a little space and pull out my stamp drawer and get to work because I already see cards I covet!

mtpaperplayer
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
SOOOO many great postage stamp cards up all ready....drooling now.....:cry: Need to tear through my stash to find some stamps, so I can play, too!!!

Wil Opio Oguta
02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Here are my first cards for this athon: dragonfly, necklaces and polar bears. The polar bears are on hold for Minnkel if she wants them. - all have been traded

minnkel
02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Here are my first cards for this athon: dragonfly, necklaces and polar bears. The polar bears are on hold for Minnkel if she wants them.

OH DEFINITELY!! That one polar bear looks like I feel today!! LOL!! Thanks!:biglaugh:

minnkel
02-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I have 3 previous Postage Stamp cards that I just posted to my Available for Trade gallery (not the athon one) in case you wanna check 'em out!

Jewels
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Here's a few more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_New_Mexico_s_Stamp.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Arizona_s_Stamp.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Louisana_s_Stamp.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_A_Mountain_View.jpg

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
haven't done any crafting yet am getting what trades i've sorted ready for the post office tomorrow. (Saturday being the only day I can get near it)

sniisk
02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
My postage cards are on the process. I have a huge amount of stamps in my use and can make as many cards as I want. Yey!

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Here's my first a little Jimmy Dean nostalgia.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Jimmy_Dean_Rock_On.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285059)

HHC
02-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Robin, it is okay to use "copies" of stamps, isn't it? I have some old ones I've copied because I'm hoarding them. LOL!

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Sure Helen, I don't see why not. I never thought of that myself, but thanks for mentioning, I have some cool stamps that I'm going to copy right now.

It's probably good to list the stamp is a copy in case someone is finicky about how they collect Postage Stamp Art, but it's all good by me!!

theweavershand
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
hey everybody! off to a good start this morning...wish i could say the same. up waaaaaay too early for me to take hubby to the ER. just a bad case of strep. should be on the mend now. waiting to go pick up his meds then im hoping for a nap! i should be up and creating later. cant wait to see what you all come up with! loving what ive seen so far!

jaw
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Ooooooo. Pretty. Hope to play tomorrow night. Until then .... Ooooooo lurk lurk :mask:

Wil Opio Oguta
02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Two more cards which should have fitted the Valentine's atart very well :-). The stamp with the heart is a printed one.
(roses has been traded)

minnkel
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Here are 3 more landscape cards with mostly watercolor backgrounds. And one tulip and butterfly one. The background for this one is a large picture of the tulips stamps from a USPS greeting card.

Winter Pond - TRADED
Dark Water
Summer Afternoon
Lighting on Tulips

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
dear all, I think I have a problem...

...none created with stamps but I did create two while packing up cards....sssh ;)

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Here's my 2nd card, I'd like to trade this one for another card that has hand drawn or some type of Painted elements.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Cocka_Doodle.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285084) Traded

minnkel
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
One more then off to lunch. Be back in an hour or so.

Butterfly on Pastel Flowers

Jewels
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Here's a few more. Not sure if the first one counts. It did come on an envelope but I think it was on the back.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Pink_Petals.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Gardening_Days.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Orchid_Stamp_1.jpg

sniisk
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I think I've managed to finish six cards so far. Too tired to upload them and will do it tomorrow morning. Now I'm off to have some supper and then ready to sleep :).

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
nearly time for rugby so my craft area (my bed) has been cleared :) got two cards to make to fulfill a trade, which i'll make at 9pm ish, after the rugby. then after that if i'm not too sleepy will have a go and making some atcs with stamps on them :)

Moosecastle
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Big fan of minkell's cards!!!

I've found waaay too many perfect stamps, so I hardly know where to begin:goofy:

Wil Opio Oguta
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Here are my last cards for today. See you all tomorrow again.
(cactus has been traded)

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
All That Jazz

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_All_That_Jazz.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285101)

KESagers
02-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I just finished mailing the last marathon's trades. :) So much great postage art already! Things got a little busy here but I hope to jump in later this weekend. In the mean time I'll enjoy lurking.

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
quick pop in :)

can I use faux stamps?

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Lots of stamp questions today so let's define it as the prefer usage is real postage stamps. You can use faux stamps, copied stamps or sealer stamps that aren't postage but please identify them in your description when you post so people know what they are getting. :yes: That should give those people who don't have actual postage a chance to play too.

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Thank you :D *attack huggs*

Evalila
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Here are my first (and last) cards for today. I have some more drying, IŽll scan those tomorrow.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Buntspecht001.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Buntspecht001.jpg) Buntspecht TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Dompfaff002.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Dompfaff002.jpg) Dompfaff TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Stieglitz003.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Stieglitz003.jpg) Stieglitz TRADED

mrubyjean
02-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Beautiful birdies, Evalila!
Such fun cards...a great start...can't wait until I get home from work...I was piecing some cards together this morning before I left!

CynthiaSillitoe
02-17-2012, 06:04 PM
After a couple of happy hours in the studio. :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_prisoneroflove.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_andyjackclubs.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_moonandowl.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_camelsdream.jpg

CynthiaSillitoe
02-17-2012, 06:05 PM
and these

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_pandainmalaysia.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_spiritguide.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_africangarden.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_billieholiday.jpg

purplybunny
02-17-2012, 06:22 PM
what beautiful art being created :)

will try and join in tomorrow :)

na nights xxx

theweavershand
02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
wow...so much inspiring and beautiful art! ive been intimidated by trying to use stamps in my art so this is new for me. you all have me excited to give it a try.

had a nap and some dinner...gonna finish up those keys and then get to my stamps! keep up the good work everyone. cant wait to make some trades!

minnkel
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
OK....I put it off as long as I could. You KNEW it had to happen right????? :laugh:

Grand Teton

FlyingPhoenix
02-17-2012, 08:37 PM
...lurking....lurking.....

...I'll have to see if I can go through my stash and put something together.

minnkel
02-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Put the paints aside for a minute when I was going through the pile of stuff on my table and saw this beautiful piece of stationery. All my butterfly postage stamps were out and this one on pink just jumped over onto the stationery. And the text rubber stamp fits perfectly! Who knew!

Note to Rose

RobbyGirl
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Wonderful cards posted thus far! I'm off to my team tennis practice and out with the girls so I probably won't see you all till the a.m.

Good Morning to our International friends!

miloccpep
02-17-2012, 09:56 PM
card 13: Ponderosa Pine traded
Rubber Stamping, Faber Castell H2O pencils, Postage stamp.

ICraft
02-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Tempting art is popping up all over the forum!! Great work players!!

miloccpep
02-17-2012, 11:06 PM
card 14: Plumeria. traded
Singapore and Nicaragua postage stamps and collage of plumeria.

KaleidescopeI's
02-17-2012, 11:10 PM
You are all amazing!!! I can't get over how fast these are appearing and how great they all are!!

Just Ducky
02-17-2012, 11:11 PM
duck lurking in corner... made a promise to myself to finish my swap cards before anything else..
but wait... can't mail out till Tuesday, so will try to get some postage done along with my swap cards...:yes:

Cathy1
02-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I've been working on some cards. They are in my athon gallery and all available for trade so please contact me if you are interested.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Feb_2012_Pandas.jpg Pandas TRADED thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Feb_2012_THE_CAT_GOES_TO_PARIS.jpg The cat goes to Paris TRADED thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Feb_2012_LISTEN_TO_THE_MUSIC.jpg Listen to the music TRADED thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Feb_2012_MUSIC_QUEEN.jpg Dancing Queen

mtpaperplayer
02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
TRADEDCard 1 (Chunky): Pirates Life
US and Hungary Stamps, Collage of Pirate Skelly and Coins, Inks

minnkel
02-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Was just going through and checking the status of my cards in my gallery and came across a postage stamp one that was also done near the end of the VAT. Wasn't made during this a-thon but it IS a postage stamp.......

Gifts of Love

miloccpep
02-18-2012, 12:11 AM
card 15: Tulip
2 Australian postage stamps (albeit, machine-stamped) and one Nederland postage stamp.

mtpaperplayer
02-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Card 2: Bubble Buddies TRADED
Collage with Fish Image, added Sparkly Leaves and Postage Stamp from Grenada

miloccpep
02-18-2012, 01:39 AM
card 16: Roses traded
Collage and US Postage stamp on acrylic background.

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 03:00 AM
I'm home from hanging out with my tennis team ladies. I was able to squeeze in one last card tonight before bed. Goodnight All! Sue enjoyed your art and companionship today!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Follow_Your_Heart.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285225)

sniisk
02-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Good morning. Some work to do and time to upload some examples of my cards.

miloccpep
02-18-2012, 03:03 AM
card 17: waterlily I collage w water lily postage stamp traded
card 18: waterlily II collage w waterlily postage stamp. Note: there is a crease line on the flower.traded
card 19: Hibiscus -national flower of Malaysia - collage w Malaysia Postage stamp traded
card 20: Hisbiscus -collage w Singapore Postage stamp w hibicus of the hanging variety - Used to be national flower of Singapore before independence. There are very many varieties and colors. Used to have hedges of hibiscus everywhere. Not anymore traded

theweavershand
02-18-2012, 03:43 AM
wow...you guys are knocking my socks off with all the fabulous things you are doing with postage stamps! i had no idea! hopefully ill get a chance to make some of my own tomorrow.

here are the keys i finished. have to get them in the mail tomorrow.

theweavershand
02-18-2012, 03:53 AM
night all! see you all tomorrow!

sniisk
02-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Here are my first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_5.jpg PSAT #1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_6.jpg PSAT #2 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_19.jpg PSAT #3 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_22.jpg PSAT #4 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/3_31.jpg PSAT #5 TRADED

miloccpep
02-18-2012, 04:37 AM
card 21: The Stork - now which house am I supposed to drop this?! traded
Hand-drawn tree and punch of cat and dog, Nederland Postage Stamp.

Credit: The house is the artwork of gkovats, one of our members at AFA. It is a print on the envie in which he mailed the cards. I'v pm him that I wld be using his art.

Evalila
02-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Hello everyone!

Here are my last two cards from yesterday. Now IŽll check my PMs and read this thread:D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Mandarin1004.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Mandarin1004.jpg) Mandarin-Ente 1 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Mandarin2005.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Mandarin2005.jpg) Mandarin-Ente 2 TRADED

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Morning all. Here are my first cards for today:
(all are traded)

DreamingFox
02-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Alot of lovely cards, i've been wanting to do some stamp cards.. So maybe i will for this! :)

miloccpep
02-18-2012, 06:32 AM
card 22: Pot'pour*ri of Orchids.
Collage w faux stamp of Vanda Miss Joaquim and real postage stamp of Pigeon Orchid.

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 07:40 AM
And 3 more cards:
(all have been traded)

sniisk
02-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Oh well, I haven't been very creative today. But I've cleaned my art table :). Does that count?

Moosecastle
02-18-2012, 09:03 AM
ALL DRAGONS TRADED
Finally I got pics taken and uploaded! So here are what I have made so far this athon:

Celebrating Dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_Celebrating_Dragon.jpg

Dancing Dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_Dancing_Dragon.jpg

Visiting Viking Dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_Visiting_Viking_Dragon.jpg

Happy Dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_Happy_Dragon.jpg

Guarding Dragon - for a swap on swapbot
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_Guarding_Dragon.jpg

Sunset
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/2_Sunrise.jpg

X-mas Night
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_X-mas_Night.jpg

As always; better pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/

Evalila
02-18-2012, 09:26 AM
My next three:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Ladybugs006.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Ladybugs006.jpg) Ladybugs

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Love007.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Love007.jpg) Love

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Sing008.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Sing008.jpg) Sing

Blanche
02-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow! Postage stamp cards are my favorites, and you have all out-done yourselves with AMAZING art!
I do hope I can make some trades!
Well, I started off literally with cards honoring Presidents and with a challenge to myself to use fairly generic stamps to make pretty cards...

1. George Washington
2. Marha Washington
3. Mary Lincoln
4. Abraham Lincoln

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I made some more polar bear cards using printed stamps. Here they are:

Jewels
02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Wow, Wil. Those are fantastic.

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Good Morning to my Stateside friends and Good Evening to my overseas friends. Some really spectacular cards over night! I'm just wiping the sleep from my eyes are going to check my pms.

monarch
02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
one available..

Fabric/Paper..........South Africa........also use paint and machine stitching............

Evalila
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
two more:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_InFullBloom010.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_InFullBloom010.jpg) In full Bloom

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_Diplodocus009.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/1_Diplodocus009.jpg) Diplodocus

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 12:50 PM
And 2 more cards from me: shells and walking at the beach

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Fairy Dust (Scanned crooked card isn't...lol) and Orient Travel

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Fairy.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285328)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Asian_Rain.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285327)

Nancy
02-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh, Blanche your cards are amazing! I am such a history buff. Here are my first cards fot trade........

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_1902___Ireland.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285332) That is an actual 1902 postmark on a very faded old stamp..........

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 01:38 PM
evening all :) feeling someways towards normal today (apart from my monthly torture). I've got six cards made with faux stamps will get them uploaded soon :) Beautiful art when I wasn't about as usual.

edit: I got ALL my trades posted off today, disadvantage of only being able to get to post office once a week, advantage though they love me! :) well after 13 envelopes I should think so! *giggles*

KittyNL
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I am not sure if I will play today. I went to a metal art workshop today. We tried all kind of different techniques and I loved it... so maybe I will play with my new toys :D, or ly on the couch and watch "You got mail"....

ScrapPea
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Awesome cards!

I have emailed a few epople about trades, but please note: I AM STILL CATCHING UP FROM THE A-TART! If I owe you a card or we are discussing trades, I haven't forgotten you. After the A-Tart, I took care of all the business that I had been ignoring for the A-Tart (well, most of it, anyway). But...that has nothing to do with me drooling over the cards here. I'm just...deliciously overwhelmed in art!

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 01:50 PM
3 more cards, one with a canoo and two with roosters:

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
scrappea - I understand what you mean! I got moleskine notebooks today (apart from my usual jewellery buying in charity stores). I'm going to use one of them to keep track of my trades etc.

ScrapPea
02-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Great idea! I've got a mess of post-it notes here from A-Tart. That taught me something....

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
thanks :) taught you what scrappea? how to go more insane? :goofy: :laugh:

sniisk
02-18-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_40_.jpg PSAT #7 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64_.jpg PSAT #9 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_58__.jpg PSAT #10 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_51--.jpg PSAT #11 TRADED

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 02:20 PM
uploaded a few more pics to my gallery. Two were finishing trade from last A-Thon and two new ones (non stamp).

Suze
02-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I just love postage art! and theres some goodies here.
came down with more kidney stone probs yesterday.:sad:....doc said I'll prob always have trouble with them...hard to sit and work at art.
But I'm gonna try a little later to get a couple done.
meanwhile I'm Cheering you all on!!!!!

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 02:27 PM
for my evening meal i'm nomnomnoming on home-made chips (from spuds) and making chip butties :)

edit: :( paintmanycolours *huggs* xxx one of my friends says she can craft better standing up, she says she can see her whole craft table from the viewpoint.

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I just love postage art! and theres some goodies here.
came down with more kidney stone probs yesterday.:sad:....doc said I'll prob always have trouble with them...hard to sit and work at art.
But I'm gonna try a little later to get a couple done.
meanwhile I'm Cheering you all on!!!!!

Oh Hon so sorry! My hubby was plagued by Kidney Stones for a couple of years, we finally found a good formula for him that stopped them from occurring. Happy to share some ideas with, if you do just pm me and I'll fill you in on what finally worked for him.

lunamoth
02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Funtastic postage art posted so far. Here are my first two:
320 Mr Snowman TRADED
567 Liberty Available

Suze
02-18-2012, 03:02 PM
oh Robby , if theres anything that can keep them from forming , I'll try it!
my doc said to drink a beer everyday...:yes:
and to stay away from .......Chocolate!!!!!
I don't think he knows me very well.

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I used faux stamps.

Matilda Mouse 1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Matilda_Mouse_1.jpg

Matilda Mouse 2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Matilda_Mouse_2.jpg

Matilda Mouse 3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Matilda_Mouse_3.jpg

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 03:06 PM
paintmanycolours: I can't drink so you can have my beer and I'll have your chocolate! ;) deal?

Wil Opio Oguta
02-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Here are my last cards for today. Good night to you all.

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
3 more from me (faux stamps)

Mary had a little lamb 1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Mary_had_a_little_lamb_1.jpg

Mary had a little lamb 2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Mary_had_a_little_lamb_2.jpg

Mary had a little lamb 3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Mary_had_a_little_lamb_3.jpg

theweavershand
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM
hey everyone! wow...you all have been busy and i am truly in awe of the art youve made! im really hoping to get some cards made today once i disinfect around here. hubby and granddaughter diagnosed with strep yesterday. yippee!

ill check back with you all in a bit!

HHC
02-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Fun cards, everyone!

I got my 10 post cards final details finished and sealed last night, addressed and sent out today. Yay! So should have a bit of time to create some cards. Although I'm busy on a couple of canvases too. :)

Jean
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
My stamps refuse to be found, argh, but I spent the morning painting hearts and gluing on background papers...

sniisk
02-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm too tired again. My time to say good night. Hopefully some more cards coming tomorrow.

CynthiaSillitoe
02-18-2012, 04:27 PM
My cards for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_catonalert.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_theflowersbloomed.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_smellofsummer.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_poland.jpg

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Amy- Ugh bummer about the strep. Helen glad you are going to be able to join us! Jean...dang I hate it when stuff disappears!

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
My used stamps are missing too (hence me using faux ones) maybe the used stamp fairy stole them? EEEEP!!! I've just realised! She's gonna attack us with glue and used stamps when we sleep...sleep with one eye open :skeptical: :laugh:

Just Ducky
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
sure was hoping to play along with ya guys, BUT... this ol' Duck is just plain pooped.. did get my promise to myself to do my swap cards and had a special order to fill so I got that done... now my duck and muse is on break... maybe tomorrow ????

minnkel
02-18-2012, 05:31 PM
My stamps refuse to be found, argh, but I spent the morning painting hearts and gluing on background papers...

Oh I SOOOOO get that!!! I have a wonderful stamp that I set aside on my table, finished one card and was going to use that one next. It was nowhere to be seen!!! I HAD NOT MOVED FROM MY CHAIR!!!! It is still missing and I so wanted to use it. I'm still bummed about it. I hate when that happens

sarat
02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Got a few going. Maybe more later:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/large/1_Bon_Voyage.jpgBon Voyage Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4435/large/1_Ode_to_love.jpgOde to Love: Traded

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
okay folks, i've 5 more made will take pics in the morning :) am gonna tidy my craft area (aka bed) now

Suze
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
such good stamp art...
I managed to get two done....hooray :yes: (need to go back and read thread from beginning!)

"Come to my garden"
"Mail Art-Mail Happiness"(looks crooked , but its not ; ) traded~thank you!

Mouseit
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
well, I'll be dern...a athon and nobody told me. sniff. sniff.
Or maybe someone did and I forgot...hmmm, at my age its prob memory-i-tus.

I'm with you Paints..LOL I wanna know where my invitation went too.. *giggles*

JUST LOVE stampathons and don't have time to participate in this one now, nothing prepared!

Never mind I must remember to keep looking in the "thons" thread..... *sigh*

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
bed all clear now :) i can get into it! lol am off now to look through the thread at all the pretties :)

minnkel
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Only one so far today.....been PMing and catching up on VAT cards and stuff....

Anyway, also noticed that I need to clean my scanner bed. I guess when you can't wait for glue or paint to dry....it tends to leave bits behind. Where is that bottle of Windex anyway......

View from the Duck Blind (Don't worry Ducky!! They are photographer hunters only!!)

purplybunny
02-18-2012, 08:31 PM
na nights xxx (aim to be in bed before 1am)

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm with you Paints..LOL I wanna know where my invitation went too.. *giggles*

JUST LOVE stampathons and don't have time to participate in this one now, nothing prepared!

Never mind I must remember to keep looking in the "thons" thread..... *sigh*

Sorry it was rather impromptu and I didn't have time to send out invites, just a note in the Val Tart Thread :huh:

RobbyGirl
02-18-2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_2_Dragon_Flies.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285464)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Flower_Bee.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285463)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_ATC_PSAT_Dragonfly.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285462)

sharlene54
02-18-2012, 09:23 PM
I've been taking it easy today. I did manage to finish 3 cards.

Moved to my gallery
#1E(traded)
#2E(traded)
#3E

CynthiaSillitoe
02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
So much gorgeous artwork! I can't wait to get back in the studio tomorrow.

Suze
02-18-2012, 10:16 PM
aaww, ya'll doing some fab postage stampin' ~!
wish I could play more,
But I'm reading the thread and drooling.

Is anyone else's weather crummy? We're rockin' and rollin' here in Dixieland! Thunderboomers!!

ZebearLove
02-18-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm in !!

monarch
02-18-2012, 10:53 PM
one card for trade....................

South Africa.....fabric/paper...traded

ZebearLove
02-18-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/11_IMG_0005.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/10_IMG_0003.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/12_IMG_0001.jpg

lunamoth
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Last one before turning in for the night

#569 Rescue Me

CynthiaSillitoe
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
aaww, ya'll doing some fab postage stampin' ~!
wish I could play more,
But I'm reading the thread and drooling.

Is anyone else's weather crummy? We're rockin' and rollin' here in Dixieland! Thunderboomers!!

Snow headed our way. I promise not to complain as long as the power stays on. (I don't think it's supposed to be a blizzard or anything, but...it's almost March and I'm tired of snow.)

grammyquilter2
02-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh what lovely pieces I am seeing, and as usual they are mostly all traded so quickly!
I finally got my things mailed from the Val-A-Tart, and got some pretty stamps to
use for this weekend, but RL seems to be taking my time instead.
Hope I can get a chance to lurk later and catch a trade or two.

theweavershand
02-19-2012, 02:19 AM
woohoo! i finally have some pretties to post! this is a tough group to keep up with and the level of imagination is so exciting!

PSAT 1 traded
PSAT 2 traded
PSAT 3
PSAT 4 traded
PSAT 5 traded

theweavershand
02-19-2012, 02:20 AM
and these...

PSAT 6 traded
PSAT 7 traded
PSAT 8 traded

Cathy1
02-19-2012, 02:43 AM
No more cards from me this athon but i still have two PSAT cards in my gallery if anyone is interested and there is a chunky there as well.

Great art this weekend - as always - and a thank you to those who have traded with me and to RobbyGirl for being a great hostess.

Mouseit
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
As always you people really do great art! WOW, and its amazing what different things come of the same stamps! Just great!

sniisk
02-19-2012, 03:31 AM
I hope to make more cards today.

mtpaperplayer
02-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Card#3 Bringing You My Heart - Original Cancelled Stamp, Inking, found vintage pictures, heart sticker

sniisk
02-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Oh well, I realized that I haven't taken the pics of my cards I made in the evening. And of course didn't upload them.

sniisk
02-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Removed...

mtpaperplayer
02-19-2012, 05:09 AM
PSAT Card #4 Proud to Be An American TRADED - Collage USA Cancelled Flag Stamp, Vintage Original Soldier Photo, mounted on a playing card.

mrubyjean
02-19-2012, 06:03 AM
I finally got into my studio....and made a postal mandala chunky ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_postalchunky.jpg Traded

I'd be happy to add danglies, if desired!

mrubyjean
02-19-2012, 06:07 AM
And some ATCS ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_celebration.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_refugees.jpg Both Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_heartland.jpg Available

mrubyjean
02-19-2012, 06:10 AM
And a few more ATCs ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_hornedbeastie.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_snake.jpg Both Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_itsabee_.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/medium/1_fairies.jpg Both Traded

Wil Opio Oguta
02-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Good morning to you all. Here are my first cards for today. The stamps used with the polar bears are printed ones, the one with the tigers are real ones.
(2nd card: tiger to the right has been traded)

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 07:24 AM
morning folks xxx loving all the art so far, gonna take pics of what I made last night and upload them in a few.

miloccpep
02-19-2012, 08:43 AM
card 23: Tekukur Spotted Dove. Postage stamp of Malaysia, w 2 doves cutouts. traded

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Hey :) Here are the ones I made last night, all with faux stamps.

R#59 - Lock & Key - available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_R_59_-_Lock___Key.jpg

fun-loving birds - traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_fun-loving_birds.jpg

baker 1 - available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_baker_1.jpg

baker 2 - available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_baker_2.jpg

Layered Flowers - available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18817/small/1_Layered_Flowers.jpg

sniisk
02-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I've been working most of the day and haven't made anything yet. Maybe I'll have more time in the evening. I'll be working all day tomorrow and won't make then any cards.

ZebearLove
02-19-2012, 09:51 AM
LOVING everyone's beautiful cards!!! so happy I have today and tomorrow to work on some (:

miloccpep
02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
card 24: The Vase traded
collage w postage stamp from Japan.
card 25: Tall Vase traded
collage w postage stamp from Japan.

RobbyGirl
02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow you all made some amazing postage cards over night! Martha so happy you were able to join us and you posted at 2am! Well we don't expect to see you for morning coffee.

***Passes out the full strength Java to the morning crew. Decaf for our International friends getting ready to tuck in***

Cynthia did the snow come?

Duckster I hope you were able to get some rest so you could come play with us today :)

Moosecastle
02-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Here are a few more from me - all available:)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_GreenLace.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_RedLace.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_BrownLace.jpg

BuildExploreDream
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_BuildExploreDream.jpg

better quality pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/

Blanche
02-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Amazing art, my dear friends!

Here are a few from me from yesterday..

1913 US Open Golf
Specimens
Beauty
Up Up And Away

monarch
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
one available....

Day Dreaming Birds.................traded

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
***Passes out the full strength Java to the morning crew. Decaf for our International friends getting ready to tuck in***

Decaf?? DECAF?? What are you trying to do? Kill me??!! :sad::confused: *holds onto her CAFFEINE for dear life* :yes: :laugh:

maybe that was a wee bit ott? :laugh: I've got a few more made and a request to make cat ones to send as a wee gift to my cousin's child in paris.

Nancy
02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Finally woke up at 11am.....Ahhh! thats good sleeping here are 2 I finished about 2am

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/large/1_WW11___Celia.jpg
WW11 and Celia

monarch
02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
two for trade

Seminole Doll.................fabric and paper
Let's Have Fun...............

RobbyGirl
02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Decaf?? DECAF?? What are you trying to do? Kill me??!! :sad::confused: *holds onto her CAFFEINE for dear life* :yes: :laugh:

maybe that was a wee bit ott? :laugh: I've got a few more made and a request to make cat ones to send as a wee gift to my cousin's child in paris.

Well I thought you might want decaf closer to bedtime but maybe you want to stay up late and create, create, create...LOL!

sharlene54
02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Here is my next card. I'm enjoying all the art being created. I told the postal worker who sells me stamps what we do with stamps and I had to bring some cards to show her. She was amazed. She knows that I want stamps on all my envelopes. She is great about it.
Moved to my gallery

#4E-collaged stamps with peeled paint(traded)

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
RobbyGirl - lol thanks but I'm weird, I need caffeine else I won't go to sleep and it's only nearing 6pm here

sharlene - the same thing happened to me yesterday during my post office visit! I think it was cause I had 13 envelopes to post! lol

ZebearLove
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/12_IMG_0005.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/17_IMG_0002.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/11_IMG_0003.jpg

jaw
02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Here are a couple I made last night before falling asleep in my chair! LOL
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/4_psat_001.jpgtraded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/5_psat_002.jpg#2

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm watching Fantastic Mr Fox on the tv and crafting :) I first went to see it in the cinema when it first came out with bf and it made us laugh when we went in. The cinema was full of people our age group and two ladies who were in their 70's no children!

KESagers
02-19-2012, 02:43 PM
So much great art! Desperate to get some made so I can trade. I realiized that this marathon is a great opportunity for me to change up some old cards that aren't trading and need a little something something on them. Adding postage stamps is perfect! So I'll be working with some old and some new today. Here is my first remix:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Worth-of-Water.jpg
Worth of Water-traded

FlyingPhoenix
02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Had some unexpected company, which delayed me...that and my stamps went MIA for a bit.

But....my silly muse got me up at dawn to work on a few cards, and these are the first two I did with the postage stamps:

"Liberty" - Available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/medium/1_Liberty.JPG
"Junk Mail" - Available
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/medium/1_Junkmail.JPG

My mother just gave me a whole baggie full of them, so hopefully I'll get some more done this afternoon! :D

sniisk
02-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Here are my last two cards.

Moved...

HHC
02-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Fabulous art, folks!

Here's a few from me finished this morning. Details on them in my gallery.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Postage_Stamp-nest.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285716) Nest http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Postage_Stamp_Butterfly_Ras_Al_Khaima.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285717) Ras Al Khaima http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Postage_Stamp_Magyar_Posta.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285718) TRADED

KESagers
02-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Some postage stamp art - all with my original backgrounds.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Hugs-and-Kitties.jpg
Hugs and Kitties-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Aloha-Australia-Kaleidoscope.jpg
Aloha Australia Kaleidoscope

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kitteh-Vogue.jpg
Kitteh Vogue-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Yellow-Flower-Kitty-Postage.jpg
Yellow Flower Kitty Postage

minnkel
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok...I'm getting a really late start today! Spent a lot of time with PMs and stuff. Finally got to make some "people" cards. Here's my first 3

Broadway Bound - the background is an actual page from a 1974 playbill
Follow The Leader
Am I Blue? - Named after my very fave Dorsey number! Hand painted, reverse stamped and salted background

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I've got 8 atcs made and am making chunkies for a friend :)

Jewels
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Here are some more cards. Wil Opio Oguta gets first pick of the Butterfly Collector Cats.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Think_Spring.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_A_Small_House.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Home_Sweet_Home.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-Thon_Gorilla_APC.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Stamp-a-thon_Let_It_Snow.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Butterfly_Collector_1_and_2.jpg

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 05:13 PM
what beautiful art being created :) & i've got 3 fox chunkies made

CynthiaSillitoe
02-19-2012, 05:14 PM
My cards for today. Sorry a couple of the scans are crooked. I have a cat helping. She just loves athons.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_languageoflove2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_andyseyes.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_elvislive.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_rockandroll.jpg

purplybunny
02-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Na nights all *huggs* xxx will take pics of what I made today tomorrow

Cathy1
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Such fabulous art being posted - wish I wasn't sitting here at work on a Monday morning drooling over it. LOL

Blanche
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
A few more from me inbetween getting ready for the week ahead. Even though I work for a school district, tomorrow only the schools are closed. District office peeps still have to work :cry:

9. I <3 Chocolate
10. Mark Twain
11. Snowdrops
12. Upon Arrival

sharlene54
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm resurrecting a card:
#5E(traded)

theweavershand
02-19-2012, 07:08 PM
hey everyone! getting a late start today but loving all the new art you guys have been posting! im going to get to work on some new cards and check in with you all in a bit.

lunamoth
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
#573 Watching Time Go By I've had a lazy day and watched some time go by.

Nancy
02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
This will probably be my last...have to start work on some swaps....I loved all the art posted and made some great trades.........a fun Athon........

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Rockne.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=285796)

KESagers
02-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Here is what I've been working on:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kiwi-Duck-orange.jpg
Kiwi Duck orange-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kiwi-Duck-green.jpg
Kiwi Duck green-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Aloha-Australia-Bay-of-Fires.jpg
Aloha Australia Bay of Fires

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Traveling-Kitty-Polska.jpg
Traveling Kitty Polska-traded

KESagers
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
and these:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Traveling-Kitty-Finland.jpg
Traveling Kitty Finland-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kitty-Love-Letters.jpg
Kitty Love Letters-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kitteh-Vogue-Ace-of-Clubs.jpg
Kitteh Vogue Ace of Clubs

ZebearLove
02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
WOW!!! Everyone's doing SO great! Love all the artwork everyone:D funnest athon i've been in so far!

sharlene54
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm enjoying everyone's art. I haven't made to many. I went to the movies and saw "Hugo". It was great.

I don't know if I'll get to make any more cards tonight. I have a few cards in my gallery for trading.

monarch
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
3 for trade......................

Fox In Socks Balloon....................
Seminole Doll..................traded
Let's Have Fun........................

RobbyGirl
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
You've all had such a productive day. I got off to a good start this morning and then mine Son got sick so I've been cuddled up with him watching movies and bringing him mint tea with honey.

jaw
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Is anyone else having trouble uploading pix? took 3 tries to get some cards up ... and isn't letting me upload more ... keep getting an error message. and ... no ... I don't have too many in my gallery ...
harumpf!

Jean
02-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Such great cards, all! Loving the eye-candy!

I'm having a good news/bad news weekend. Good: I have found pens I had lost, collage items from a long time ago, etc. Bad: stamps and a card I wanted for a trader are still missing so I will take that as a sign that it is better to work on swaps/trades than new projects. Argh.

jaw
02-19-2012, 09:25 PM
hmmm ... guess it was just a "bad" scan ... but now it is not letting me upload "sets" ... oh well ... now on to the postage stamps ... since my handdrawns are all up now! LOL

jaw
02-19-2012, 09:25 PM
yep ... one more lemon drop for me and it's collage time!!!

miloccpep
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
card 26: Clownfish - collage w old postage stamp from Singapore
card 27: Sea Shells - Collage w postage stamp from Japan and U.SA. traded

jaw
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
My cards are really sucking ... this one is okay ... a bunch are ... just. not. okay.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2964/medium/3_psat_003.jpg#3

theweavershand
02-19-2012, 11:06 PM
i find postage stamps intimidating to work with and quite challenging. im hoping i can get past this and come up with some more for trade. you all have been such an encouragement and have given me a lot of hope that it can be beautifully done.

jaw
02-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Resorted to go back to my vintage photos ... some photo people are shaping up! Thank goodness ... I was starting to get ticked off ... and that is NOT a feeling to have when arting! LOL

KESagers
02-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Had some fun with two stamp collages tonight. They are drying - I'll upload the images tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

Cathy1
02-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Here is what I've been working on:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kiwi-Duck-orange.jpg
Kiwi Duck orange-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Kiwi-Duck-green.jpg
Kiwi Duck green

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Aloha-Australia-Bay-of-Fires.jpg
Aloha Australia Bay of Fires

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Traveling-Kitty-Polska.jpg
Traveling Kitty Polska-traded
Love those Kiwi Ducks Kirsten

jaw
02-20-2012, 12:35 AM
glue is drying on my peops ... Handsome Husband wants me ... umm .... BYE!!!!! :jiggy:

ScrapPea
02-20-2012, 12:51 AM
So it was a strange, strange weekend. After catching up on all my Val-a-Tarts, my muse took a long, hard nap. She grudgingly woke up tonight, so I have three entries for today. It's been a long day celebrating with my husband the vistory of Penn State students THON raising over $10-and-half million dollars for kids with cancer. We rock!!

It's off to bed, but Without further ado:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-PSAT-ChunkyCoffeeMousse.jpg-- Coffee Mousse Chunky
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-PSAT-MouseLove.jpg -- Mouse love (half-started at ValaTart)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8971/small/1_ForTrade-PSAT-WingedThings.jpg -- Winged things

Suze
02-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Just super art work with postage stamps, so imaginative!
hoping I can get a few done tomorrow, fingers crossed.
I've really enjoyed looking at the art and talk and fun here.
Is there another a thon on the horizon?

sniisk
02-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Here are all my available cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/4_38.jpg PSAT #6 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_67.jpg PSAT #8 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_93__.jpg PSAT #12 (The image is from a postage magazine, it's not a real postage stamp)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_90__.jpg PSAT #13

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_86__.jpg PSAT # TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_85__.jpg PSAT #15

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_79__.jpg PSAT #16 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_52__.jpg PSAT #17 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_76__.jpg PSAT #18

purplybunny
02-20-2012, 07:34 AM
hi :) what lovely art :) I'm back at w*rk today, on my phone so apologies for any spelling errors. Hope everyone is well :)

KESagers
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks Cathy! I have to say I really enjoy the Kiwi stamps. :) A morning nap for me and then I'll be back.

miloccpep
02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
card 28:Horoscope on hold
Collage w Postage stamps of Aries and Leo

purplybunny
02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I just got handed a wee pile of used stamps with pictures on them :)