PDA

View Full Version : St Pat's ATART?

KESagers
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm planning on hosting a St Pat's ATART from Thursday, March 15 (starting at 12:01am) through Monday March 19 (ending at midnight).

It will be an ATART so all art is welcome but since it's St Pat's weekend I thought it would be fun to have a challenge that every piece of art has something GREEN on it. It doesn't have to be a lot of green and it could be any shade of green but at least a little green - somewhere.

Is there interest in this type of marathon?

Would someone like to co-host with me?

Co-hosts

Thurday - Sharlene54
Friday - Sharlene54
Saturday - Mrubyjean
Sunday - Mrubyjean
Monday - Purplybunny

Cathy1 is co-hosting during the weekend days to cover the time zones on the other side of the world while those of us here are asleep. :)

purplybunny
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
oh that would be fun! St. Patrick's Weekend :) We're off on Monday 19th March as well :) (in lieu of St. Paddy's Day landing on the weekend). So technically it could end Monday 19th ;) *giggles* I dunno anything about co-hosting am still fairly new here.

(Sunday 18th March is also Mothers Day in the UK/Ireland)

Blanche
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I admit I am addicted to A-Thons! I would love to play, but since we are in the time zone, I am afraid I wouldn't be much help co-hosting.

DreamingFox
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Green is one of my favorite colors, so heck yeah i'd be up for it!

i also dunno what all hosting/co-hosting entails however...

adifferentstory
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm hoping to join in.

KESagers
02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Great! We can easily extend it a day Purplybunny regardless of what the calendar says. Co-hosting is easy - it just means that the co-host agrees to be around and check in on the thread often and answer questions along with the host and if the co-host is in a different time zone than the host - so much the better! How would some of you feel about co-hosting with me for one day of the marathon? Especially if you are new it's a chance to try it out.

purplybunny
02-21-2012, 06:53 PM
yeah kesagers!! :) thankies!! *attack huggs*

DreamingFox
02-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Sure i could give it a try, if it's not too much trouble! :)

Your UTC-4:00 or something right..?

purplybunny
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I can give it a wee go for one day if you'd like

sharlene54
02-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I would love to join.

KESagers
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Thank you for all the offers to co-host. I've PM'd those of you that have confirmed your offer to see which day works for everyone. I'll post the days and the hosts for that day when we get everything sorted. :)

Cathy1
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
I can give you a hand to co-host if you like since I am in a different time zone to nearly everyone :D

Just Ducky
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
oh yea, we need Cathy1... she so in a different zone ...:confused: she not even in the same day....:laugh:

Cathy1
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
oh yea, we need Cathy1... she so in a different zone ...:confused: she not even in the same day....:laugh:
Sometimes I think I'm not even on the same planet :laugh::yes::goofy::laugh:

sniisk
02-22-2012, 02:40 AM
I hope to play. We'll have some visitors on that weekend.

monarch
02-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Sounds like fun!!!!

KESagers
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Thank you Cathy! PMing you. :) Just a note to everyone - I thought this would go without saying but I'm saying it - I expect my co-hosts to have a perfect iTrader score - no negatives and no neutrals with negative comments. Since hosting is all about communication there is no room for error. I know those of you that are co-hosting with me share this standard and I thank you for that.

KESagers
02-22-2012, 02:59 PM
It's official - the date on the calendar has been changed to go through Monday the 19th. :)

sniisk
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Just a note to everyone - I thought this would go without saying but I'm saying it - I expect my co-hosts to have a perfect iTrader score - no negatives and no neutrals with negative comments. Since hosting is all about communication there is no room for error. I know those of you that are co-hosting with me share this standard and I thank you for that.

I totally agree. I think a host is an example, some kind of "role model", and she/he has to be worth of trust. I'm not talking about any particular member but this is also my opinion.

Jean
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I love atarts...if I can get caught up between now and then, I'll play! This is motivating!! ;)

CynthiaSillitoe
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Count me in. :)

mrubyjean
02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Sounds like fun!
Checking in here from the Western US time zone...if you still need a co-host for Saturday or Sunday, you can sign me up.

KESagers
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
PMing you Mrubyjean!

I'm glad so many of us can play that weekend. :)

KESagers
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Waiting on a few confirmations but I think we have hostesses for all of the time zones now. Thanks so much to everyone for being so willing to help. I know this is going to be a great marathon!

Cathy1
02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I can't wait for the mega fun we are all going to have.

Here's a start - a real groaner................

An Irishman, by the name of O'Malley proposed to his girl on St. Patrick's Day. He gave her a ring with a synthetic diamond. The excited young lass showed it to her father, a jeweller. He took one look at it and saw it wasn't real.
The young lass on learning it wasn't real returned to her future husband. She protested vehemently about his cheapness.

'It was in honour of St. Patrick's Day, 'he smiled.

'I gave you a sham rock.'
:laugh::cry:

sharlene54
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Very cute story Cathty1.Thanks for sharing.

KESagers
02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Just Ducky
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
oh come on Cathy, you can do better then that....

already I am digging for GREEN... green paper..flowers...ribbon...tea.... tea ? dang now I gotta go make me some green tea.. anyone got some TEA cookies ???

Cathy1
02-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Yes I can Ducky but don't want to offend our Irish friends (even though half my heritage is Irish) LOL :unsure:

Cathy1
02-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Hope this works for Ducky - Green Cookies for St Patricks Day.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6237/6213535219_2707b13f16_z.jpg

I found this on the internet - not sure what Matcha powder is but going to see if I can buy it at the speciality Japanese shop.

marilou
02-23-2012, 03:43 AM
This is crazy...but I can not resist. Not free on the 15e, as there is a very big craft fair in Brussels, can not miss this one! It is the weekend before I go to Ireland with my
son and granddaughters!

Wil Opio Oguta
02-23-2012, 04:04 AM
How can I refuse an atart :-)

dsign49
02-24-2012, 12:41 AM
I really want to play in this one as I missed the last one.

Moosecastle
02-24-2012, 05:05 AM
So that means more than 2 weeks without an athon?!?!?! How will we cope... :D

Cathy1
02-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Moosecastle you are so right - no athon but time to catch up on everything I have neglected recently and I still have a couple of request cards to make from last weekend. And charge my batteries for the St Pats athon

minnkel
02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Well......my name is Kelly.........need I say more?????? :D

I'm with Cathy1. Athons are awesome and addicting and the thought of missing one is panicky! However, like her I'm still working on special requests from the last two athons and will need just a smidge of breathing room in there somewhere!

And Cathy1 (re joke)......groan definitely.............:twitcy: but keep 'em comin'!

KESagers
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
LOL - looks like a dreary weekend here - makes me want a marathon but I too need to catch up on some things . . .

I did mount some green backgrounds yesterday and need to get them cut to size for ATCs and chukies. Also need to dig out my craft room - it's still a disaster.

sniisk
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I've promised to myyself to clean a bit better this weekend :). First I was too busy over a month and now I have been making ATCs ast three weekends :goofy:.

sharlene54
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I also need to do some clean upping and organizing. I don't have to many green things, so I need to gather anything green I can get my grubby hands on.

I'm making some background. I'm thinking of making some APCs using a smaller size to put on chunkies. I have a lot of those with such lovely backs. It's to bad they are glued down. If any one is interested in trading those during the marathon let me know. I won't glue them to a chunky.

HiddenTreasure2010
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
May I ask please. What is an atart?

CynthiaSillitoe
02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Atart stands for all types of art. You can make whatever you like during that weekend--inchies, atcs, chunkies, etc--and then post them and trade. (I think items for this one need to have green on them somewhere, though they don't have to be specifically St. Patricks-ish.)

minnkel
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
......Also need to dig out my craft room - it's still a disaster.

LOL!! My studio currently looks like an elephant sneezed in the direction of all my stamps. There is at least one on almost every flat surface out here!! :shocked:

KESagers
02-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Any little bit of green will be good Sharlene. :) I took a look through the gallery and a lot of the art has some green in it somewhere.

Cynthia is exactly right about the ATART!

I know Minnkel - it's impossible to create and stay neat for me.

HiddenTreasure2010
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Thank you Cynthia and KESagers you made that easy to understand. I would love to give this a try. Seems like alot of fun! May I join you on March 15th at 12:o1 am.

sharlene54
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
That's great HiddenTreasure. You will love it. Once you participate, it's hard to stop doing these marathons. Welcome!

dsign49
02-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I am still trying to get that first deck of cards finished. I still need to more. Hopefully some will be making what I need.

Cathy1
02-25-2012, 01:03 AM
I am still trying to get that first deck of cards finished. I still need to more. Hopefully some will be making what I need.
Once the athon starts you could list some of what you need - no doubt you will have lots to choose from.

sniisk
02-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Well, the apartment is now clen and I have done also my work today (thanks Kristin million times for your help!). I deciced to have my own APC-a-thon in the evening :).

GALZART
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I'll, at least, be watching and following along. Who knows, maybe I can get a sudden creative urge.

CynthiaSillitoe
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
LOL!! My studio currently looks like an elephant sneezed in the direction of all my stamps. There is at least one on almost every flat surface out here!! :shocked:

Mine looks like that, too!

Any little bit of green will be good Sharlene. :) I took a look through the gallery and a lot of the art has some green in it somewhere.

My new motto for my studio is "It's supposed to look like this." It would be nice if little neat pixies would clean it up each night, but only when a project is done, and only if they would write down where they put things. Otherwise, I'll be in there muttering about how the pixies stole my scissors because it wouldn't occur to me that they'd been put away. :)

dsign49
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, the apartment is now clen and I have done also my work today (thanks Kristin million times for your help!). I deciced to have my own APC-a-thon in the evening :).

When will it be?

sniisk
02-26-2012, 02:23 AM
When will it be?

It was on my art table yesterday evening :). After my loundry-a-thon and cleaning-a-thon I decided to have an APC-a-thon. It took only some hours and it wasn't public. But the result can be found in the APC thread.

Cathy1
02-26-2012, 02:31 AM
You are lucky Sniisk - I am having a catch-up-athon of cards I owe some people :D

adifferentstory
02-26-2012, 02:00 PM

I think I'll sign mine in green and that way I have a lot of scope for choosing themes. LOL

KESagers
02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Diome - digital art counts and it does not have to be for trade - please share anyway - we'd love to see what you are creating.

I'm working on getting some prizes together. . .

Cathy1
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
very funny adifferentstory :D:D

purplybunny
02-27-2012, 07:15 AM
this is shaping up to be fun already :)

Donnacr
02-27-2012, 07:52 AM
already added this to my diary (and this time I won't overcommit to swaps just beforehand :skeptical::goofy::arghh:) love the addition of green to everything:D

Cathy1
02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
already added this to my diary (and this time I won't overcommit to swaps just beforehand :skeptical::goofy::arghh:) love the addition of green to everything:D
Great - someone playing in my time zone - well nearly :D

Just Ducky
02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
hey Cathy, I can reset my clock to Zealand time and play with ya... :confused:
and you and Donna ain't in the same time zone either ???

Cathy1
02-28-2012, 04:10 AM
No Donna is 3 hours behind us Kiwis. For you to work out how far behind us you are - I am posting this at 9.10pm Tuesday. It should show in your time zone when it reaches you (I think).

Donnacr
02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Cathy1 - I am currently only 2 hours behind you (as long as we are using Daylight Saving time). We go back to normal gap on April 1 :sad:

Ducky - I'll adopt you as an Australian for the ATART, feel free to play with us.:D

miloccpep - where do you fit timewise?

marilou
02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi Cathy, wow you posted your message at 9.30 pm Tuesday, and I received it 9.30 am
also Tuesday. Means I am 12 hours behind. Not bad, if you consider taking a flight to
New Zealand is more than 24 hours!!!

Guess what I found, a small puncher of a shamrock!!!

Suze
02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
just found this ! how fun to do a athon during St Patty's Day.I , too, needed the time to catch up on owed cards etc, but cleaning my art area?:laugh: I live in 400 sq. feet....chopped up into three rooms, so I made the whole space my art area, just have a couch and bed and few smaller things, the rest is large arting table in kitchen, one in bedroom and shelves everywhere. I thought this would elimenate clutter...hahahaha, now I have 400sq.ft of arting messies.
oh well, I'm not Irish, but my Dad was born in Cardiff, Wales and we like to cry in our beer and sing meloncholy songs...and Paint....which I need to go do now, not nessesarily in that order. :skeptical:
Oy Vey'!

CynthiaSillitoe
02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
just found this ! how fun to do a athon during St Patty's Day.I , too, needed the time to catch up on owed cards etc, but cleaning my art area?:laugh: I live in 400 sq. feet....chopped up into three rooms, so I made the whole space my art area, just have a couch and bed and few smaller things, the rest is large arting table in kitchen, one in bedroom and shelves everywhere. I thought this would elimenate clutter...hahahaha, now I have 400sq.ft of arting messies.
oh well, I'm not Irish, but my Dad was born in Cardiff, Wales and we like to cry in our beer and sing meloncholy songs...and Paint....which I need to go do now, not nessesarily in that order. :skeptical:
Oy Vey'!

Don't get paint in the beer! (I think that's what pushed Van Gogh over the edge...)

Moosecastle
02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
No that was absinthe - but I think that's green, so... :D

Cathy1
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I guess the Mouseit is a couple of hours behind as well - hahahahaha:D

ZebearLove
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
May I join??? Just got some st pat stuff i'd love to show you guys.

KESagers
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Zebear - pop in when ever you can! Glad you can join us!

purplybunny
02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
lol at the the time zone talk, time zones confuse me esp when you talk about all the different time zones in America! I know NZ are ahead of us (which meant I got up at silly o'clock in the morning for the Rugby World Cup last year). I'm GMT and I know Paris is an hour ahead, because my cousin lives there, and Toronto in Canada is 5 hours behind cause of the time I lived there.

Time zones to one side I'm really looking forward to this event :)

KESagers
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Here is a time zone map:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

This is the only way I can visualize it.

sharlene54
02-29-2012, 01:17 PM
That is a great map. I hadn't thought of looking it up. Thanks.

I'm so glad to see so many chatting and my cold beer is ready for the marathon (ha ha).

ZebearLove
03-01-2012, 12:49 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/16_IMG_0001.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/19_IMG_0002.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/10_IMG_0004.jpg

ZebearLove
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/5_IMG_0012.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/6_IMG_0010.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/8_IMG_0008.jpg

KESagers
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Zebear - you are a little ahead of us on the marathon but your cards are wonderful and a great way to get us inspired!

If anyone else can't wait and makes some early cards please go ahead and post them to this thread.

Moosecastle
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Oy! False start!!! ;)

ZebearLove
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
that sucks:/ I used all of my st.pats day stuff already...

KESagers
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Zebear - no worries - the cards don't have to be St Pats - they should just have a little green on them somewhere. Also here is a site that has great images - if you do a search on the site you'll find some St Pats imges that are free to use.

http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/

purplybunny
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
lovely cards zebear :)

Cathy1
03-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I have been very busy tidying up from the last athon and making ATC backs and chunky cutouts in readiness to start making green things as soon as the athon starts.

Suze
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Zebear, hey girl, you did some nice cards. I'm chomping at the bit here, it seems sooooooo far off til St.Paddy's day week end. sigh.
went to Goodwill yesterday and my eye caught everything that was green...so funny..I almost bought two mens polo shirts just cause they were green and half off....shoot, I've never worn mens polo shirts, but they looked comfy and green! :yes:

KESagers
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
OK this question has come up repeatedly and most recently in another thread but I am posting the answer here so that everyone has the same information. I distinctly remember the one envelope one iTrader rule in the past but apparently this is what the rule is now.

This was my question to Carole Cadek:

Several of us are combining marathon trades with one on one trades with swap trades all in one envelope to save on the ever rising postage. So for example if one envelope contained all of these:

PSAT trade (how ever many cards were negotiated)
ATART trade (how ever many cards were negotiated)
SWAP cards
ONE on ONE trade

How many iTraders would be the right number?

This was Carole's answer:

I know this can become confusing.
PSAT trade =1 point, no matter how many cards are traded to the same person.
ATART trade =1 point, no matter how many cards are traded to the same person.
(These would each be consider 1 trade because they are from the same event.)
SWAP cards =1 point
ONE on ONE trade =1 point, again no matterhow many cards were traded.
So yes, it would be 4 points total to/from the same person.

Carole

So I have been wrong on this. I am sorry for my misunderstanding and I will make sure that I give the proper number of iTraders in the future. Now I know.:embarrassed:

minnkel
03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Wow! Thanks KeSagers for checking on that for us. I never knew that info before. It is good to have in the files!

Apologies to anyone I might have unknowingly shorted on points in the past!! I'll be a good girl from now on though!:yes:

sniisk
03-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Kristin, that really is an important info! Thank you!

I think the rule was a it different years ago when there was some discussion about it. And that's why almost we all have followed the rule "one envelope = one iTrader". Now this "new" version makes one problem if you are not careful enough. Please, when you mail your cards, put a little note inside an envelope and tell if there are several trades in it. Just because I can easily count them as one and forget to give an iTrader for every single trade. Just because many of us are doing multiple card trades quite often.

minnkel
03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
That's a great idea Sanna! To put a note in the envelope when it contains cards for more that one "event". That helps all of us....sender and receiver.

sharlene54
03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi to everyone. I have been getting images and backgounds ready. I have been playing with some crackle paint and some inks. What fun. I am trying to use some ink stamps that I don't usually use. I'm usually so busy with swaps and I haven't sign on to any.

KESagers
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Kristin, that really is an important info! Thank you!

I think the rule was a it different years ago when there was some discussion about it. And that's why almost we all have followed the rule "one envelope = one iTrader". Now this "new" version makes one problem if you are not careful enough. Please, when you mail your cards, put a little note inside an envelope and tell if there are several trades in it. Just because I can easily count them as one and forget to give an iTrader for every single trade. Just because many of us are doing multiple card trades quite often.

I had the same thought. We will need to make it clear when there is more than one event in an envelope.

KESagers
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi to everyone. I have been getting images and backgounds ready. I have been playing with some crackle paint and some inks. What fun. I am trying to use some ink stamps that I don't usually use. I'm usually so busy with swaps and I haven't sign on to any.

I can't wait to see your crackle paint on your projects. I just got some of Tim Holtz green crakle paint and I'm hoping to give it a try. :)

sharlene54
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
I've been playing with the crackle paint. I haven't like the results so far. I'm going to experiment some more.

marilou
03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Just found 2 bottles of crackle paint, never used it before, now is the time!
Thanks for mention it.

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Let me know how it works out, Mariloupatch.

marilou
03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
It works GREAT, one important trick, dry your card with your heat gun and the crackles appear.

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
That turned out beautiful. I will try again.

Did you use a paint brush?

Cathy1
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Mariloupatch - that is an interesting texture. I wonder if my local scrapbooking shop stocks it. I can see lots of uses for something like that. Thanks for sharing. I presume the more you put on the more crackle there will be?

marilou
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Indeed, the more paste the deeper the crackles are.
I have the paint from Ranger (Jim Holz)

marilou
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
The crackle paint from Ranger has a brush fixed to the lid of the bottle!
Other brands you better use a thick brush.
Good Luck Sharlene!

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks, mariloupatch. I will keep trying.

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I finally got one finished. I'll post for the marathone.

I have a bottle that won't crackle' one of the blue colors. I wonder if it got to old. On you tube, Tim Holtz said that if the paint got to thick, just add water. I did that and now it won't crackle.

KESagers
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Is it a color you can use straight up without the crackle?

ZebearLove
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Heyyy okay so I will be posting sunday. I have school mon-friday and I don't have that much time to do a lot. And saturday the 17th is my prom.

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
It was a crackle paint and I add water to it because it had gotten very thick. I stirred well and the applied it to the paper. I did this just as Tim Holtz had demonstrate. His worked, of course, mine didn't. I have another color of the crackle paint and that works fine. I haven't add any water to it.

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh, what fun. A PROM~have a great time, ZebearLove.

ZebearLove
03-05-2012, 08:00 PM
thank you :) my senior prom ! im growing up to fast lol

sharlene54
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm growing old to fast-HA-HA.

CynthiaSillitoe
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't grow up, I grow out.

I'm doing lots of laundry this weekend so I won't wind up with any next. At least that's the hope. And I've found some cool green papers in the stash.

Cathy1
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh dear I don't think there is any hope for me - I'm growing out and old :laugh::cry:

sharlene54
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Me too. Actually, I going out for dinner with the girls, food and drink. No diet food tonight.

locatray
03-08-2012, 12:43 AM
This is my first ATART (thanks to the lovely invite and info from Donnacr) - I am interested. I'm guessing, by the looks of the thread, that I don't need to formally sign up, right? And, do we post our cards as we make them that wknd, or wait until after midnight on the last day? And, how do ppl ask for trades... a PM or on the thread? Excuse my fairly new newbie-ness! I appreciate the help! Let's get our green on!

Moosecastle
03-08-2012, 01:14 AM
No sign-up needed - you just participate as you can.

Yes you post your cards during the athon - you can do it in this thread and in your athon gallery.

Trades are set up through PM's.

And the theme Green should be perfect for a newbie;)

locatray
03-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks!

Cathy1
03-08-2012, 03:50 AM
This should be a lot of fun, I am co-hosting the days over the weekend - my first attempt at hosting during an athon so I hoping I will have time to make cards as well. I hope some of you are going to be making Chunkies during this time - I just love them and it would be great to get some St Pats cards to add to my book.

marilou
03-08-2012, 04:16 AM
I FOund it!!! my little book with Irish Jokes. I bought it years ago when I visited Dublin.
Here we go
How do you recognise a Kerry pirate?
He's the one with a patch over each eye!

MadLou23
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
ooo...so does this mean you'l be making lots of joke ATCs, then, Mariloupatch?? :biglaugh:

KESagers
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Welcome Locatray!

Glad you found that book Mariloupatch!

sharlene54
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I like to hear some more jokes, Mariloupatch!!

monarch
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
For some reason, I thought the a-thon was this weekend.................I am going to be by myself.......husband gone.....so disappointed.....................

marilou
03-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Don't be disappointed Monarch, maybe you can get started, backgrounds, thinking about ideas...a zillions things to do, without any presure:)

marilou
03-09-2012, 03:38 AM
And another one to start the day (for us Euro's)
I was going to give him a nasty look, said O'Leary, but he already had one.

dmnh
03-09-2012, 06:00 AM
So far as I know, there is nothing planned for this weekend so I'll be joining you all!

Suze
03-09-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm kinda with Monarch, wishing the athon was this week end :sad:
wondering if theres such a thing as an "impromptu prepping for the athon week end prep St Paddy's Day "ATART" impromptu week end before the real athon, athon......":wideeyed: :huh::goofy:
and if anyone understands that last long sentence, we're prob genetically very close.:)
still, a girl can wish, huh?

marilou
03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
me too, can not wait to get started!!! I have some background prepared, and
see everything in a green mist!!!

"What would you be if you weren't Irish? Fergal asked Murphy.
"ASHAMED" said Murphy

KESagers
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
If you have some cool backgrounds prepped don't hesitate to upload them and share!

CynthiaSillitoe
03-09-2012, 04:37 PM
I've got to clean out my gallery!

Cathy1
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Cynthia - I had to clean out my galley before I could upload any more images and I just asked Carole Cadek to remove anything before a certain date and 'poof' it was done. Evidently it is quite easy for her to do but we have to do it one by one. Would hate to think I couldn't look at your lovely new cards.

CynthiaSillitoe
03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I always have a terrible time deciding what to delete. I guess I should go by date. I took a bunch out today, but then I added more. I'll have to take another look. One thing I've learned is to check on it before the athon. Nothing worse than making a bunch of cards only then to realize my gallery is full. :(

lilbad
03-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm in....are these 4x4s or atcs?

CynthiaSillitoe
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I think either.

sharlene54
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Both will be great to trade.

KESagers
03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Yup - it's all art so anything goes as long as you assembled the final piece during the marathon.

Blanche
03-10-2012, 03:51 PM
My goodness, I truly must stumble around through the forums more often (trying not to sign up for a gazillion swaps to lower the stress factor these days!)!!! :wideeyed:
I hope I can play in the St Pats A-Thon, I have always loved St Pats - Sat is my usual day to create, but if the weather co-operates I will be hauling a bunch of junk to the flea market to sell that day.
At any rate, I will be checking in to see all the lovely artwork displayed! :yes:

KESagers
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I hope you can join us Blanche!

Here is what I've been working on today:

The backgrounds were created using a watercolor technique. Any water color pen or crayon will do but I used Crayola water color markers. Scribbled randomly on watercolor paper and then misted until the colors ran together. The gradation of color was lost in the scan but can be seen in real life. The die-cuts were painted with T. Holtz crackle paint.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Green-Watercolor-2w.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Green-watercolor-1w.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Crackle-Clover.jpg

I remembered what Sharlene had said about the crackle paint. When I opened the jar it was so thick - like a paste - but I used it like that without thinning it and it did crackle for me with a heat gun.

The backgrounds will be cut down to ATC or chunky size pieces.

Cathy1
03-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm in....are these 4x4s or atcs?
It is both but I think I am going to mostly make 4 x 4 chunkies - I have become addicted to them. I have a couple of books now and have them on the coffee table where people pick them up and browse through admiring the cards. So those of you who have swapped chunkies with me, know that your art is admired often. :)

sharlene54
03-10-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm glad it worked for you, KESgers. I won't be thinning the crackle paint with water again. I made a background with the antique linen crackle paint and clear rock candy. It came out awesome. I'll try and post them.

Cathy1
03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I just got sent this by a friend. LOL

Murphy lay in hospital covered in bandages head to foot - with just two little slits for his eyes.

'What happened to you?' asked Cassidy.

'I staggered out of the pub and a lorry hit me a glancing blow and knocked me through a plate glass window.'

'Begod,' said Cassidy. 'It's a good job you were wearing those bandages or you'd have been cut to ribbons!'

sharlene54
03-10-2012, 06:21 PM
GOOD Joke!!!

Thanks for sharing.

lilbad
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Adorable...got to love the Irish!

theweavershand
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
hoping to play some. really need to get some commitments out of the way first.

KESagers
03-10-2012, 08:20 PM
We'd love to have you Theweavershand!

LOL - funny joke!

dsign49
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I was hoping to find some St Patricks napkins, I havent found any.

sharlene54
03-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I have also looked and I haven't found any.

KESagers
03-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I couldn't find any that would inspire art. I think I have something that has a clover on it - it's not for St Pats but I'll have to look for it.

HHC
03-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh, you will not believe this! I was going through some old books I got at the library sale, seeking fodder for altered books, and came across an old pressed four leaf clover. This is my lucky day, ya think? :D

marilou
03-11-2012, 06:44 AM
I got a nice sticker on my piece of beef! (don't laugh!) it has a clover on it and the beef is the ever best quality Irish beef. Unfortunately I can not get the sticker from the package without any damage. Guess you would not like a card with a bit of raw beef on it?

Wil Opio Oguta
03-11-2012, 06:53 AM
LOL Not really. But maybe you can put your beef on your scanner and scan the clover?

sharlene54
03-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the laugh this morning. Raw beef and altered art.

And HHC-it certainly is your lucky day. I hope more luck is coming your way.

marilou
03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Here are some of my backgrounds. I always take a large watercolour paper and cut it into ACT format. Also I work on a large watercolour paper and this gives really special colours and patterns, as in 3 & 4. Also here about 8 to 9 ATC's from one sheet.
9587695877 made with distress stain

Cathy1
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Mariloupatch - these are really nice on their own. It seems a shame to cover them up.

marilou
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks Cathy, maybe a simple stamp....will see

marilou
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Forgot the joke for the day:
"My wife wants something with diamonds for Christmas" said Casey
"so I've bought here a pack of cards"

KESagers
03-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Mariloupatch - those are so pretty!

Scanned my backgrounds into PhotoshopElements and this is the result:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_green-digis.jpg

They are printed, mounted and cut - all ready for the marthon. :)

marilou
03-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Love the pale green Kes

Cathy1
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM
It's not an irish joke but it could be:

ANNAIE, 6 YEARS OLD, GETS HOME FROM SCHOOL. SHE HAD THE FIRST PLANNING
LESSON AT SCHOOL.

HER MOTHER INTERESTED , ASKS "HOW DID IT GO?"

"I DIED OF SHAME" SHE ANSWERS.

"KOOS FROM OVER THE ROAD, SAYS THAT THE STORK BRINGS BABIES.

SALLY, NEXT DOOR SAID YOU CAN BUY BABIES AT THE ORPHANAGE.

PIET, IN MY CLASS SAYS YOU CAN BUY BABIES AT THE HOSPITAL.

HER MOTHER ANSWERS LAUGHINGLY, "BUT THAT IS NO REASON TO BE ASHAMED?"

"NO, BUT I CAN`T TELL THEM THAT WE WERE SO POOR THAT DADDY HAD TO MAKE ME
HIMSELF."

lilbad
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll pass on the meat, unless it's corned beef and cabbage!!

lilbad
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Could one of you highly paid monitors answer this? Do we post our trades here or in the gallery?

sharlene54
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I always post my marathon cards in both here and my gallery. I use the A-Thon in my gallery until they are traded and them I update the traded card to the traded section.

KESagers
03-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes - Sharlene is correct. Your available art should be posted in both the thread and the "Athon" gallery. If everyone would please move your art from the "Athon" gallery as it trades that will keep the trades moving along. Most of us will not be trading from the thread but rather we will be checking your Athon gallery to see what is currently available. After the marathon your art that is still available can be moved other appropriate parts of your gallery designated for available ATCs or other types of available art.

All trades are negotiated through PMs (not the thread.)

I will be posting the official thread in a day or two.

I'm also getting the prizes ready and will soon be announcing the rules for entering the drawings. :)

lilbad
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Just completed three 'green' 4x4 chunkies! Woot.

Suze
03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi all! I'm having a problem uploading to my gallery. I contacted C.C. and she told me to reset my cookies and whole bunch of stuff and I tried , but still can't upload.
I was wondering if it would be ok if I practiced uploading on this thread. It's a reg atc card, but I want to see if it'll work.
what cha think?

HHC
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
My opinion is practice away, paintmanycolors.:)

Suze
03-12-2012, 01:36 AM
It worked!!!!!!!!! hooray, well, even if I can't upload to gallery, at least I know I can upload to the athon thread. whew!

Suze
03-12-2012, 01:54 AM
gosh, I tried to delete pic, but having trouble doing that....sorry guys, its so late here and my eyes are trying to rest and the ole brains not functioning, been working on trying to upload that one stoopid atc since about 10pm (on and off)
I'll try to delete tomorrow.
I think my computers tick off at me. sigh.

sharlene54
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
here are a few backgrounds I've made--

Moosecastle
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
you have a playing card embossing pattern? it's cool!!

KESagers
03-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Paintmanycolors - I hope your gallery issues get resolved but if you can at least upload to the thread you'll be OK

Sharlene - I like those backgrounds!

Cathy1
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Great backgrounds Sharlene

sniisk
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I wish I would have time to prepare some backgrounds but I've been working a lot, taking care of my mom and my husband has had very bad flu and pneumonia and I've had to do all huse work myself. I know I'm making some APCs on weekend but maybe not as many as I'd like to.

KESagers
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
PRIZES

I have a selection of prizes that will be awarded during the marathon. Here are the specifics:

As you know green is the theme and the idea is to have a little something green in everything you make during this marathon. Now if you happen to upload something that doesn't have any green in it - the green police are not going to come after you. We are going to keep this marathon FUN! However to qualify for the prizes only art with something green will be counted.

Regular Random Drawing
Each day from 12:01 am until 12 midnight that night the hosts will be will be keeping a list of everyone that uploads at least one piece of art that meets these 2 requirements:

1 Has green in it
2 Is available for trade

Your name will be entered once per day regardless of how much art you upload. You may only win one regular random drawing prize during the entire marathon.

Prizes include colored flower mini brads, epoxy frames, dimesional stickers and prizes will be assigned randomly.

Grand Prize Drawing

This prize package will be awarded to the person who uploads the most availble for trade art with green in it from 12:01am Monday morning through 12 midnight Monday night. The art does not need to be created from begining to end on Monday but it must be finished on Monday.

The last day of a marathon is usually the quietest and this way the person who stays strong until the end gets the prize.

This package includes a mini pad of double sided paper, coordinating dimensional stickers and coordinating paper ribbon.

Co-hosts are eligible for all prizes.

KESagers
03-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Sniisk - I hope your mom and husband feel better soon. I wish there was something we could do to help.

lilbad
03-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Ditto, Snisk!

Prizes....woot!

mrubyjean
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Prizes...nice idea, KESagers!

Wil Opio Oguta
03-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I have to work on Monday. Not much change of uploading cards on that day :-(

Blanche
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Well, well, after reading that PRIZES will be awarded, I may have to postpone my trip to Ladson afterall! :smile:
I have been working on backgrounds just in case I get home early from the flea market and have some time to create. All my backgrounds have green -yeah!!!!!!!:spinny:

HHC
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Think GREEN!

Jewels
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Sharpening the green pencils...

KESagers
03-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Here is the official thread:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22791

See you there!

MadLou23
03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
ooo no plans for monday!!! time for a little planning I think!! :)

ZebearLove
03-17-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/1_IMG_0006.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/8_IMG_0009.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18329/small/14_IMG_0003.jpg

Wil Opio Oguta
03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
There is another thread for the official atart. You've posted this to the wrong old.

KESagers
03-17-2012, 11:46 AM
This thread is now CLOSED. Please join us here:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22791