PDA

View Full Version : AFA Abbots Langley Art Weekend 2012

adifferentstory
02-23-2012, 05:30 AM
After the success of last years art weekend it's time to plan the next one.

If you are interested please post to the thread and tick as many dates as you want in the poll that suit you.

I can accommodate some people. I have a spare single bed, a sofa and 2 blow up mattresses that fit in the living room and can accommodate two more in a tent on mattresses. Food is provided. For those who want more comfort three are a couple motels close by.

Abbotts Langley is a village in Hertfordshire, WE England on the edge of countryside. It's 4 miles from Watford and approx 20 miles from central London. There are good road networks for the A1, M1 and M25. There is also a good rail network from. London and the rail network is on the West coast main line. Heathrow and London City are the closest.

The Olympic Games are being held 29th July - 12th August so I am avoiding these dates.

You are welcome to come for the whole or part of the weekend. For those coming for the weekend arrival is on Thurs and leave on Mon and that gives 3 whole days to create art. I can also accommodate for longer if anyone wants to add some sightseeing to their stay.

We'll be doing workshops, there will be plenty of time for creating art, chatting and trading.

craftyvox
02-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Yay! A meet/art weekend that's actually close by enough for me to go to! As far as I can tell all weekends are okay for me except those with dates in September.. but I'll have to double check with DH :) Also, as I'm undergoing another heart operation next week (march 1) and can't really quite tell beforehand how the recovery process will be over the next couple of months, I'm afraid I have to leave things a little in the open still. But definitely going to be following this close up and as soon as I know more....! :)

Evalila
02-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Wonderful!!! IŽll be there! Thanks so much for organising this again!!!
Any of the dates in July and August are fine for me. (I can click only one date in the poll). Sometime in June would be okay, too. We havenŽt decided yet if weŽre going on vacation in September, so these dates might not work.

And if you need help with preparations, it wouldnŽt be a problem for me to come a day early.

adifferentstory
02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
No problem Esther.

It will be lovely to have you here again Evelyn.

Damn poll. I can't change it. Just put the dates best for you in the thread.

adifferentstory
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I have closed the poll as you can only vote for one date. I didn't get an option, must be because I'm using a blackberry play book to post.

Just add the dates best suited to you in a post.

marilou
02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Oh Lynn, thank you for the invite. I have to check with my son, what period
he is planning to come to Belgium. He is moving to Belfast end of March, he
will be lecturer at Queens University. Everything is totally new, a big adventure
also for the little girls.Let me check with him first, and then I can decide.
After blessing from my hubby:D)

sniisk
02-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm having my summer vacation in July and that's the only month when I can travel. I can't take any extra free days in June, August or September. But, I'm not sure if I will have enough money to travel. The cheapest flights seem to be 350-400 euros and of course I need to travel from the airport to the art place and back etc. Sorry to say that I don't think I'm coming this year :(.

Gerry
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I will have to see what I can do this year, I have already got some weeks booked from work that I cant change. I will watch the thread and let you know later.

fantasy firebird
02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
will keep my eye on this thread to see when you decide to run it, would love to get over to you this time.....mind you haven't made any atcs for ages. Been card making recently so at least am getting back into the mood for art!!

KittyNL
02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Yoehoe, another meet up! The July and August dates are best for me :D

Joss
02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi Lynnie.
As I am now working five mornings a week, and the school year ends right at the end of July this year, I can't say which day/s/weekends I can manage. But will certainly try to get there for at least one of the days.

adifferentstory
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank for all the interest. I'll start an interested list soon.

KittyNL
03-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Lynne, any news on the meetup? Tammybeck has showed her interest in coming as well! If there is anything I can do to help, let me know, I am in London regurlarly at the moment.

tammybeck
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I certainly have an interest and wanted to coordinate it with possible travel to Ireland. I do not have any dates in mind yet but will need to decide soon as airfare from the US to Europe during July & Aug is astronomical!

marilou
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I will know by the end of the month, after my son is settled in Belfast.
Then we will now about school holidays, etc... Would LOVE to come though!

lilbad
03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Hmmmmmmm, a trip across the pond!! How interesting

sniisk
03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
If it will be in July, I'm trying to save enough money for my flight tickets. July is the only month when I can travel outside of weekends.

adifferentstory
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll give it more thought this week and settle a date. It looks like July will be best for me. It's my birthday on 10th July so both July dates are close to it.

tammybeck
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM
will check back for dates to see if I can make it.

adifferentstory
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm going to send out a pm to everyone interested over the weekend with a couple of dates and ask which suits them best.

Joss
03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Sounds good to me. Thanks pal.

adifferentstory
03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry I'm behind on sending out a pm.

adifferentstory
04-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry I haven't finalised anything yet. Over the winter I've been really depressed caused by the extra pain I've had. Now the weather has started to get better I expected the pain to ease a bit and the depression to lift. It hasn't. I'm worried I'll be an awful hostess so I'm giving it a few weeks to decide if I can go ahead with it this year.

Evalila
04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
No pressure, Lynne. Just take care of yourself! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

sniisk
04-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I hope you are feeling much better soon, Lynne!

adifferentstory
04-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks