03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
The Temptations of Chocolate - Due May 18, 2012
Swap Due Date: May 18, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: May 18, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
* Any style, any medium

RETURNS MAILED 5/21

This swap will come due in May, the month we traditionally gift mothers, and grandmothers, god mothers, (and wives), with flowers and chocolate, or just chocolate.

And what could be sweeter and more tempting than this mountain of chocolate? We have an abundance of chocolate, from sweet chocolate to milk chocolate to dark chocolate to white chocolate. We have access to a wide range of local chocolate from M&M's, to Hershey's candy bars, to Godiva Truffles, as well as the decadent Swiss chocolate, the delicious German chocolate and the Leonidas fresh Belgium chocolates.

You can pursue your Chocolate temptations, from mild cravings to “Chocoholics Unite!” (The Love of Chocolate)
You can fight your temptations from Chocolate or not fight them, but share what form those temptations take. (Will Work For Chocolate)(Chocolate is Not A Substitute For Love, But It’s Sure Easier to Get)

You can experiment with the scratch and sniff chocolate embossing powders. The smell is so authentic, it makes one salivate! (The Scent of Chocolate)

Use candy wrappers, photos, or collage.
Try hand drawn. For those of you who feel you cannot draw, try a rectangle candy bar, or an oval bonbon.
Experiment with new mediums.
Melted crayons in shades of brown almost looks edible!
Top those Chocolates with Liquid Appliqué to simulate cherry swirls or white cream fillings.

You can explore one’s downfall from (Or downfall due to) Chocolate, from the oft-heard (The Things I’ve Done For Chocolate) to the Chocolate Covered fruit offered to Eve in the Garden of Eden. (The Sins of Chocolate)(Good Girls Gone Bad – because of Chocolate)(Chocolate Made Me Do It).

You can focus on chocolate (the end product), or on the cacao tree (growing product) with its swollen fruit pods and fragrant drooping flowers. (Sensual and Tempting)

You can use any of the Superstitions and Old Wives Tales associated with Chocolate.
Didn't know there were any? Silly you! Chocolate is reputed to be an Aphrodisiac. When Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortes heard this, he planted 2,000 cocoa trees. And you must have heard that Chocolate is good for sex, and Chocolate makes ya frisky.

You can follow down the path of the Cadbury Chocolate Easter Eggs, or delicious Hershey Chocolate, or Mars, with its hand dipped Chocolates and animated M&M’s. Did you know that FAO Schwarz, (yes, the TOY Store), used to carry M&M’s in 21 different colors?)

You can illustrate sayings (“I like my men like I like my chocolate, RICH!”) (“I'd give up Chocolate, but I'm no quitter.")

You can honor the tradition of eating the ears off Chocolate Bunnies at Easter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch...ster_bunny.JPG

And don't forget the movies!!!!
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - with Gene Wilder
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - with Johnny Depp
Like Water for Chocolate
Chocolat

And did you know, (Trivia alert here)
“Chocolate House” -- A public house where chocolate was consumed during the 1860’s, much like the “Coffee Houses” of the 1960’s.
John Cadbury was an English chocolate magnate. Born into a wealthy Quaker family in Birmingham, Cadbury felt strongly that alcohol consumption was a serious social problem, and he was determined to offer the public an alternative. He rented an old malt house, ironically once used for brewing the “dreaded” alcohol, and began to manufacture drinks made from chocolate. He subsequently enjoyed a virtual monopoly of chocolate products in England, and we got chocolate as an alternative to alcohol.

Of course, I don't want to give up alcohol for chocolate, so I have BOTH. I have a recipe for Hot Chocolate with Bailey's Irish Creme, cinnamon schnapps, and chocolate liquor that is AWESOME in mid-winter in Minnesota (or cool fall evenings, or rainy summer afternoons, or, well, anytime!!!!!)

AND PLEASE REMEMBER:
Chocolate is the FIFTH FOOD GROUP
Cocoa powder is low in fat and calories and contains flavonoids, making it a healthy food choice.
Recent studies indicate that Dark Chocolate is a particularly good option.
Indulge regularly and often, for good health.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* Any style, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address. Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area and be nice and thin and only pay for the normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by May 18, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

The Temptations of Chocolate
Swap Due Date: May 18, 2012

*/. Skyelance - WITHDREW
*/. MelanieS - WITHDREW
*1. Gerry - it - Cards Received 5/03 * UNITED KINGDOM
*2. pixiecorpse - it - Cards Received 5/07 * UNITED KINGDOM
rn3. catladybj - it - Cards received 5/21
*4. Evalila - it - Cards Received 4/09 * GERMANY
5. SingBlueSilver - it - Cards Received 4/20 * UNITED KINGDOM
*/. papersaga - WITHDREW
*6. jaceslave- it - Cards Received 4/16
*/. Shawnicaitlin - WITHDREW
rn7. HGoodbrad - it - Cards Received 3/22
*8. Mikesatc - it - Cards Received 3/19
*/. ArtDuJunque - WITHDREW
*/. Frances - WITHDREW * UNITED KINGDOM
*9. Jewels - it - Cards Received 4/19
*10. Magdapalka - it - Cards Received 5/15 * POLAND
*//. Starshine - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION - NOT ON LINE SINCE 3/24
*11. catb - it - Cards Received 4/24
*12. AnnaEov - it - Cards received 5/21
*13. Vicki Z - it - Cards Received 3/13
14. tinab - it - Cards Received 4/30
*15. Laffqueen - it - Cards Received 4/23
*16. blingmaker - it - Cards Received 5/07
*17. sassy - it - Cards Received 5/07

* INTERNATIONAL

MelanieS
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Me too please!

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome Skyelance and MelanieS.
I have signed you up.

Gerry
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
chocci is a weakness of mine, sign me up please.

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Welcome Gerry.
I have signed you up.

pixiecorpse
03-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Hehe you mistyped something chocolates not as good as sex its way better!
Yay I'll sign up woohoo!!!

Vicki Z
03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Welcome.
I have signed you up, pixiecorpse.

catladybj
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd like to do chocolate.

marilou
03-13-2012, 12:32 AM
I should sign up, Belgium THE chocolate country. There is even a chocolate museum in Bruges which is wonderful! Due to family matters, and some traveling, I am not sure
I can make them in time and I do not want to make them in a rush.
Vicki, do not sign me up yet, I will make them first, and then surprise you, if and when I have time.

Evalila
03-13-2012, 04:58 AM
CHOCOLATE???? Oh my, I just HAVE to join! Sign me up, please:)

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Welcome catladybj, Queen of Green.
I just discovered Orange Chocolate. YUM!!!
Welcome Evalila, the Chocolate Enriched.
Welcome SingBlueSilver, the Chocolate Vampire.
I have signed you up.

Mariloupatch, hope to see you back.

marilou
03-13-2012, 07:12 AM
I received from Nespresso a gift package of chocolate, assorted with their coffee,
the white chocolate has a filling of...rose petals Yummy!!!!!
Pity to exclusive and too expensive to buy.

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 08:05 AM
I received from Nespresso a gift package of chocolate, assorted with their coffee,
the white chocolate has a filling of...rose petals Yummy!!!!!
Pity to exclusive and too expensive to buy.

Are they candied rose petals?
Sounds AWESOME!!!!:notworthy:

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome papersaga.
I have signed you up.

I just wanted to congratulate you on a very inspiring invitation! :notworthy:

Thank you Simmo.
By "invitation" I assume you mean all the verbiage in the first post.
I am a talker........ :jiggy:

You didn't say you were signing up, so I didn't sign you up.
Let me know if you want in.

marilou
03-13-2012, 08:21 AM
No Vicki, more like they took the fluid out of the petals, never had that before.
Extremely tasty, and creamy

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 08:24 AM
WOW!
Sounds even more awesome!
Thanks for the tip.

Jaceslave
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Please add me

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome jaceslave.
I have signed you up.

goatgirl
03-13-2012, 04:55 PM
lurking. . .

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
The scent of chocolate hasn't lured you in?
The stories of how healthy dark chocolate is, hasn't entranced you?
The thought of us eating chocolate without you getting your share, hasn't gotten to you?

Then lurk away, goatgirl.
Hope to see you back.

Terri F
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
ok you got me.....I CANNOT resist this one. :nah:

Vicki Z
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Welcome Shawnicaitlin.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome HGoodbrad.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Chocolate is an absolutely magical food.
You can eat it, drink it, mold and sculpt it.
It is sensual to work with and to savor.
Nothing in the world is quite like chocolate.
--Jacques Torres, A Year in Chocolate

Mikesatc
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
can i join

Vicki Z
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
You certainly can.
Welcome Mikesatc.
I have signed you up.

Mikesatc
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
my first of 6

ArtDuJunque
03-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Ok ok I cannot resist the call any longer, sign me up. I have some awesome stamps that may come in candy, er, handy.

jensaz
03-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Loves me some chocolate, but gonna have to lurk until I finish a couple of commitments. Hope to be back

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 06:20 AM
my first of 6

WOW, you can draw sexy!
Can't wait to see your next 5.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Ok ok I cannot resist the call any longer, sign me up. I have some awesome stamps that may come in candy, er, handy.

Oh dear, another pun artist!:wacko:
Glad you answered the siren call.
Welcome, ArtDuJunque.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Lurkers welcome, jensaz.
Hope to see you back.

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 08:09 AM
DEEP FRIED MARS BARS!!!!!!!!:wideeyed:

Never tried them.:no:
Do they get dipped in batter prior to frying?
Do you have a recipe??

I have siged you up.

Mikesatc
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
first 4 for the swap 2 more to go

Vicki Z
03-15-2012, 04:46 PM
They make me hungry.
FAB cards.

Mikesatc
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
last two for the swap

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
They're great mike! Although I've just eaten my way through A LOT of chocolate with mil coming so I'm a little queasy and having a minor sugar crash...although I have a couple of ideas for cards so will get them sketched out tonight hoping to have a ton of cards ready for mailing next week!
Was far too lazy last week...

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
You told me you ran out of chocolate a week ago.
Now you have more??????
I think you were hiding it from me.........

Does mil come every weekend?
I forgive you for everything!!!!!

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Have you been out today for your
White Chocolate Mocha with dark chocolate sprinkles and nutmeg?
Caribou Coffee is serving FREE Green Whipped Cream on all their beverages today.
Happy St Patrick's Day.

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Hehe you sound like your on commission at the coffee house!
Mil brings the chocolate...still don't like her much lol although she did say some of my pictures were good so I guess she can't be all that bad...
So I wasn't hiding it from you :D
She comes once a fortnight, hubbys dad and his wife come the other weekend and my mum comes in the school holidays :D

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Hehe you sound like your on commission at the coffee house!:D

SORRY!!!!
Actually, I am a Starbucks gal, but Caribou Coffee is born and raised in Minnesota, and is EVERYWHERE!

I have to drive past 7 Caribou Coffee to get to a Starbucks, and I am not that ambitious on a Saturday, and I LOVE chocolate and whipped cream.

pixiecorpse
03-17-2012, 02:55 PM
The most exotic coffee I have close by is cappucino at the local bakery, starbucks etc are a bit too far away lol

ArtDuJunque
03-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Pix, does your MIL live by Cadbury or something? I took the tour, and loved it, you could get these little cups filled with melted chocolate and a wide range of fillers, I did marshmallow and graham cracker for a smore effect.

pixiecorpse
03-18-2012, 03:55 AM
Hehe I wish! No she's just a bit crazy and thinks that by buying it all from the pound shop she's getting an amazing bargain....not that I'm complaining lol she did say that'll keep you going for a week!its almost all gone now hehe

Vicki Z
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Cards received from Mikesatc.
You are FAST!

Jewels
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Sign me up please.

Vicki Z
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome Jewels.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
03-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Welcome Magdapalka.
I have signed you up.

Terri F
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
i'm sorry I must withdraw. Thanks and have fun everyone

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Sorry to lose you Shawnicaitlin.
Hope to see you in another swap.

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Hopefully going to get mine at least started over the next few days,just been catching up on finishing off some other swaps... :D

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Hopefully you have some chocolate to use as a visual stimulus.
Or did you eat it all?

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 06:38 AM
O_o I ate it all...it doesn't last long in our house lol

I do have some comedy photos of kids covered in food for a reference though :D

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
The grocers has a coupon in the Sunday paper for Easter chocolates.
Buy two large bags and get a dozen large eggs free.
Interesting coupon, but is this suupposed to be healthy?
Oh well, I need to have eggs to color for the egg hunt, so I just HAVE TO buy the chocolates.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Hehe eggs are very expensive on their own here so I think that's a great deal!
I'd been sugar deprived all week even tea without sugar so today I went crazy and ate 4 crunchie bars taking george to school! I actually meant to take a picture of the honeycomb...guess I'll have to buy more lol :D

Vicki Z
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I must need more chocolate.

Isn't george child #2?
I thought you didn't have to take child #2 to shcool.

Honeycomb? As in honey in the comb? Or is this a type of crunchie bar?
Off to the candy cupboard!

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Yes he is child number 2 he goes afternoons on monday,wednesday and thursday and stays all day at school on friday, its the kindergarten section I guess you call it.

Do you have cinder toffee over there? Yellow and crunchy and can be a bit sticky? We have that from the funfairs but in the shops its covered in chocolate in bar form and called a crunchie :D very nice!

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Oops sorry! Its made by cadbury and since kraft bought them out they should turn up everywhere stateside soon lol!

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh god yes it does lol!
Although I am a little disappointed with cadbury switching from using milk to using soya, and it just doesn't taste as good, so I try to stay clear of the milk chocolate bars, most of the time o_O

Vicki Z
03-23-2012, 08:19 AM
FAB cards received from HGoodbrad.
Thank you for the hostie card.

ArtDuJunque
03-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Unfortunately over here Cadbury is made under license by Hershey and just doesn't taste the same. We order ours from import stores. Hershey now also makes a version of Aero bars, also not as good.

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Mmm aeros are sooo yummy! I know you can't get kinder surprises over there something to do with the fact that it comes with a toy inside, the toys are a bit lame anyway and there's not nearly enough chocolate for what they cost!

Starshine
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
may i please join as well?

Vicki Z
03-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome Starshine, both to my swap and to this site.
I have signed you up.

If you have any questions, please ask.
We are always happy to help.

If you have some really difficult questions, we are particularly happy to help.
Just bring chocolate. It helps us think!! LOL

Vicki Z
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Today it is raining, and the pat, pat, pat on the window is making me sleepy.
I am eating chocolate to stay awake, and I will share......
*Passing out M&M's*

pixiecorpse
03-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Yay! M and ms woop!
I forgot to buy a stash of choc for this evening while hubbys out! Probably for the best...too much to do to! :D

Gerry
03-27-2012, 07:28 AM
We could do with some rain, we are getting a hosepipe ban in April in our area.

I am dreaming of chocolate while I am eating fruit this dinner, if I was at home the fruit would be covered in cream and grated choc, but I am at work so its just plain chopped up fruit.:cry:

pixiecorpse
03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh now I wish I had some chocolate! I was a good girl and spent my cash on postage instead :D

Vicki Z
03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Life comes first, and your other commitments.
Take care of whatever issues have come up.
I will withdraw you and hope to see you in another swap.

ArtDuJunque
03-29-2012, 08:55 AM
The cadbury factory tour is a hoot. Imagine a chocolate acid trip and you have the right idea. Dancing and singing chocolate pods on a very "its a small world" type of ride.
i just had breakfast consisting of a chocolate covered krispy kreme doughnuts and Boston crime pie yogurt.
You guys are bad influences.

pixiecorpse
03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Totally wish I had that breakfast!!!!

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
That's a cool idea singbluesilver! I keep procrastinating over mine! I do have a big bar of white chocolate will it give me inspiration or make me sick first hehe

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 03:01 PM
White chocolate has the least health benefits of all the chocolates, due to the fact that there is little or no cocoa in the white chocolate bars.

Dark chocolate is the most healthy, but you could eat both a white chocolate bar and a dark chocolate bar, because the dark chocolate has a tendency to be bitter and the white chocolate is sweeter.:)

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Hehe I eat far too much chocolate in general to be concerned with health benefits :P but I don't eat white often anyway, hubby went shopping and bought it for me 7 and a half years and he hardly knows me at all!

Vicki Z
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
My fave is milk chocolate, too.
But I recently discovered Moser Roth Orange and Almond Dark Chocolate, and I am really liking it.
But once the weather turns warm again, I won't like it as much.
Guess I will just have to eat it all while we have this cold snap.:wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Cadburys has to have something in it like nuts and stuff for me to enjoy it now its made with soya, if I eat the plain milk chocolate it leaves my throat feeling all scratchy...not good :(

pixiecorpse
03-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh my god yes!!! Have you had the popping candy one!!!! Its fantastic!!!

Evalila
03-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Here are my cards. I´ll let you know when they start their journey:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Chocolate002.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Chocolate004.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Chocolate003.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium//1_Chocolate001.jpg

Vicki Z
03-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Yummmy cards, Evalila!

pixiecorpse
03-31-2012, 09:49 AM
They are fantastic!!!

Vicki Z
04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
K-Mart is advertising a 2-pound, 18 inch tall, Chocolate Easter Bunny.
Just eating the ears off would give me a sugar high!!

Okay, fess up.
How many of you eat the ears off, either first, or just the ears only, of Chocolate Easter Bunnies?
Then the kids get what is left....
My neighbor's daughter thinks all chocolate bunnies have short ears.

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Hehe I'd probably eat the lot! I got 5 teeny 1s today 1 for each of us but I don't want to share :D

Evalila
04-02-2012, 02:49 AM
My cards went in the mail this morning :)

Vicki Z
04-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for letting me know.
I will watch for them.

catb
04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I luv chocolate! Please sign me up. Thanks.

Vicki Z
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Welcome catb.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
04-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Hehe yep! And while I'm doing those I can mull over the chocolate cards too I have a multi layered conundrum for one of those hehe

Hmmmmm.....
A multi layered conundrum.
Is that like a truffle, or is it more like a bonbon?

Vicki Z
04-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Neither...:D its a surprise :D

LOVE chocolate surprises!!!!

pixiecorpse
04-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Me too :D

Vicki Z
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Welcome AnnaEov.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Welcome tinab.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Bummer!!!
I am going to track down your muse and give her a good talking to!!!

So sorry to lose you.
I always love your creations.
If your muse returns, feel free to come back.
Due date is still a long ways out.

Otherwise, I will see you in another swap.

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
It crazy isn't it how good the subject is and how hard it seems to be. I have 3 half done :D taking me ages :wacko:

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
SingBlueSilver was saying that all her cards will all be collages from chocolate items she has eaten :)

I think that is a good rule to follow when one's (chocolate) muse isn't being helpful:v_spin:

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh yes! I am totally over complicating things for myself what with flaps and brads :D one is painted, think it needs more colour it doesn't look chocolaty enough :D in fact I haven't really got much to do,I'm just procrastinating a bit want to make sure I don't get crazy and do *too much* to them and they end up looking like poop :D

Vicki Z
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Sounds exciting with flaps and brads and paint!
Can't wait to see them.

There is white chocolate.
It won't look as chocolatey as dark chocolate, so your cards might be just fine.

No poop allowed.:no:

pixiecorpse
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
No I have enough poop without using it for art lol... I think if I sent in 4 blank atcs titled white choc then I'd have to head for the hills in shame :D

Vicki Z
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, if you send in 4 blank ATCs titled "White Chocolate",
then I would have to get all diciplinary.

(I know I heard that somewhere recently.......??????)

pixiecorpse
04-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Hehe :D

Vicki Z
04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Today is overcast with slight drizzle, so todays Easter Egg Hunt has been moved indoors.
I LOVE Cadbury Easter Eggs, and the kids cannot eat too many at one sitting or they get tummy aches.
I will have to make sure the kids stay healthy!:)

pixiecorpse
04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Me too! Went to go find myself an easter egg but all the shops locally were bare! Boo! So I'll have to make do with watching the monsters eat theirs tomorrow :D

Vicki Z
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Yummy cards received from Evalila.
Thank you for the hostie card and for the postage.
Both are greatly appreciated.

Jaceslave
04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
My cards went out today

Vicki Z
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I will watch for them.

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Easter Candy has gone on sale!:cool::notworthy:

Do I buy it today at 50% off,
Or do I wait a day, and get (a smaller selection) at 70% off tomorrow?

Oh decisions.
Perhaps I shall do both!!:twitcy:

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Yay both!!!!!!

Ok so I need help, how did you make the fold out pandora box? Was it 1 big piece of card folded or was it done as seperate pieces then attatched at the end?

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I used 1 big piece of cardstock that I scored into retangles 2 1/2 by 3 1/2.
(I always score things I plan to fold, as it Usually makes the fold less wrinkled and less likely to crack, although I did have some wrinkling problems with this card, even with pre-scoring.)
Pre-scoring also helps me to fold the finished item "tighter" so I can make more sections that fold into themselves, and still be able to fit the finished card into an ATC sleeve. You can always cut out one of the pieces along the score lines if the card starts getting too bulky.

One could certainly do the card as separate pieces then attach all the pieces at the end, but the hinges, if one used leather or cardstock, might be too thick, and add too much weight to the card. And if one used scotch tape or cello tape for the hinges, the tape might be too light weight, and not stand up to repeated bending - opening and closing.

But, whatever works is what you should do.:)

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I was thinking the big piece too :D thank you :D

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I just bought some Cadbury caramel eggs, and some Cadbury creme eggs at 50% off.

I like the caramel eggs better, but the white fondant filling with the yellow creme center (so it looks like an egg) is just too funny to not get.

Pixie was saying she was "a little disappointed with Cadbury switching from using milk to using soya, and it just doesn't taste as good", but the ingredient listing on these eggs lists soy lethicin almost last on the list, and lists milk chocolate as a very early ingredient (by law, ingredients must be listed in order of voume, with the most used item listed first), so when Hershey makes them here in the U.S. (under liscense to Cadbury) they appear to use real milk chocolate.

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 11:53 AM
The bars with filling still taste good its the all chocolate bars that taste weird to me, it was the roses tin that went funny first. I thought it was the soya but I'm wrong a lot so who knows why it went funny for me...

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Hmmmmm
I will just have to eat some more chocolate and see if I can figure this out.

(oh darn!!!!!):wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes you will and thank you for stepping up to research it for me! I appreciate it :D

My mum came today with a lindt choc bunny mmmmm I love my mum!

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 12:26 PM
The sale had a pair of gold wrapped Lindt chocolate bunnies in a paper basket that I am trying to make into a folded ATC.

I have another dilemma:wacko:

Do I eat the bunnies (both of them) so I am not distracted by the scent of chocolate while I am creating, or do I leave them intact, so I can re-create the Easter basket in its entirely?

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
You could take a photograph then eat the choc :D or you could eat 1 and move the other 1 to each spot in the basket as you work or you could cut the chocolate free from the wrapping ever so gently so once the chocolates out the foil is still in the same shape ish and gently put them back :D

I can be very sneaky with chocolate :D

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
And thank you for reposting pandora! It is a fabulous box...now to find a piece of card :D

Vicki Z
04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
You could take a photograph then eat the choc :D or you could eat 1 and move the other 1 to each spot in the basket as you work or you could cut the chocolate free from the wrapping ever so gently so once the chocolates out the foil is still in the same shape ish and gently put them back :D

I can be very sneaky with chocolate :D

And I thought I was bad with chocolate.....
I bow to your wisdom:notworthy::P::notworthy:

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Thank you :D its a bit like my sneaky unwrapping at xmas hehe

And just answering the question was perfect thank you seeing pandora again was a bonus though :D

Vicki Z
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
This is not good!
BIG HUGS
and
Best wishes and good vibes being sent your way....

pixiecorpse
04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm sendinjg big hugs your way too singbluesilver!!!

pixiecorpse
04-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Awwww no! Blimey those poor little animals! And poor you too!!!!
Even bigger hugs coming your way!!!!

Laffqueen
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I want in on this one!

Vicki Z
04-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Welcome Laffqueen.
I have signed you up.

Jewels
04-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Okay, here some of my cards. I'm going to blame any weight gain on this swap. After all, I was forced to buy a huge bag of Hershey's Kisses because I needed the wrappers. (Easter candy is 50% off right now!) The wrappers from the Creme Eggs were saved from Easter. (I LOVE Creme Eggs.) And the Ghirardelli stuff was from my sister who is a Chocolate fanatic.

Jewels
04-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Here's the other 3. I'll get them in the mail on Monday.

Vicki Z
04-15-2012, 01:17 AM
FAB cards!
Thank you for posting such yummy pictures.
Cute addition of the carrots on the first card.
Is that fabric?

Sorry about the weight gain!
I will go eat some chocolate in pennance.
We can commiserate!

Jewels
04-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Any gain is worth it for chocolate. LOL

Vicki Z
04-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Ab-so-lutely!!
:spinny::v_spin:

pixiecorpse
04-15-2012, 05:18 AM
They are fantastic Jewels!!!!

My first attempt at the foldy ones gone to poop,I had to use acrylic paint and it feels awful when its dry, no worries I'll regroup and try again :D

Vicki Z
04-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Hang in there.
First attempts at new endeavours are always the most difficult.

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Cards received from Jaceslave.

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks vicki! I have 2 finished and there's still a bit of time til deadline so plenty of time for practising :D

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 02:50 PM
That is true, and with every "failure" you get additional practice and more learning of what to not do.

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Exactly! Be handy not to fail though hehe but your right it happens for a reason and the next attempt should be better! :D

Jewels
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
The carrots in the first card was a fabric-like ribbon someone sent as an extra in the cards from the Easter Athon. It just seemed perfect for going with the chocolate bunny.

Vicki Z
04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Now, now, there, there.
Perhaps this will make you feel better.

I bought a "kit" to make an "Artsy" Day timer.
The kit was profesionally designed, and included paper, dividers, front and back covers, techniques, plus calendar cut-outs, and pockets room for birthdays, anniversaries, and so forth.

It took over two hours to assemble, and when completely assembled, I had November and December left over.
Not good.:wideeyed:

I figured I had done something wrong, but when I checked the directions, they said to glue the last two sections inside the front cover and inside the back cover, so it wasn't my error --- the kit had been designed that way.

@#!!**&%##

I started with January, and ended with October, so now I am supposed to put November inside the back cover, leaving December 2013 to go inside the front cover just before January 2013???

@#!!* :0(

So for the want of 2 inches of paper to make a bigger book spine, I have a mess.
So much for the "Professional Design" -- I would NOT have designed it that way
So much for all the papaer needed -- I was short paper for the correct size spine, so had to glue pieces to the cover?

I tore it apart, spliced the spine, put it back together, in PROPER order, another hour. Then took a closer look at it.

Because of the way the kit is designed, there is no "give" to the spine, so if one puts more than 2-3 pages into each month's pocket, the pockets start pulling apart.

@#%*&@%#*

Tear apart number 2, totally replace the spine, make the spine 3 times as big, with paper not included in the "kit", put it back together.
Another hour and a half.
But now I have room for notes, and there is some "give" to the pockets.

Go find some stars and glitter and doo dads to cover the crinkles and tears.
Make it look perfect after 3 rennovations.

I am sooooo glad I started with a Professionally Designed Kit,
with all the suppies included
plus complete directions
to create a beautiful Artsy Day Timer,
in only 5 hours, not including finding additional supplies
to correct a few minor problems,
in other words COMPLETELY rennovate.

pixiecorpse
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh dear! That's why I'm easing my way in gently to learn new skills :D
But yay it sounds even better now you completely redid it :D

Vicki Z
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Actually it is.:)

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I love it when that happens!

Fantasia
04-17-2012, 10:25 PM
ooooh, I gave up eating chocolate as of January 1st, and its been a long 3+ months. I'm thinking joining this swap might be a fun substitute. But I've got a couple things to finish up before month's end so I'll lurk for a bit and hope to be back!!

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm almost done :D my glues on life support I just need to pray there's enough left to back my last card :D

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Lurkers always welcome, Fantasia.
Hope to see you back.

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Wonderful, SingBlueSilver.
I look forward to seeing what you created this time.
I will let you know when they arrive.

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 06:45 AM
pixiecorpse,
There is a RULE that all crafters ALWAYS have to have a back up bottle of glue.
I keep mine with the chocolate.
Then I always know where it is when I need it.:P

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 06:46 AM
The carrots in the first card was a fabric-like ribbon someone sent as an extra in the cards from the Easter Athon. It just seemed perfect for going with the chocolate bunny.

I am so sorry Jewels.
I totally missed your response.
I think I was typing a resonse of my own when yours came through.
Again, sorry for my oversight.

Thank you for the tip.
You are right, that carrot ribbbon is the perfect background for the chocolate bunny.:notworthy:
Can't wait to see them in person

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Hehe that's a good place to keep it, well it would be if the chocolate didn't disappear in 5 seconds obviously hehe
I usually have a bottle and a couple of glue sticks dotted around in different crafty boxes but the kids have depleted my supplies somewhat during the holidays :D

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Kids will do that.
Glad you are bringing your kids up to want glue and brads and other crafting supplies rather than some of the other junk that is out there.

My kids just ate all my pretty panseys that I FINALLY got to bloom after they ate all the first batch.

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 07:24 AM
oh no! those naughty kids!!!! think id prefer your kids doing that than mine picking them and pulling everything off and leaving desicrated flowers all over the garden!

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Teach your kids to make floral crowns!!

My mom sent us out every Spring to pick dandelions.
We picked them, and braided them into long strings, then formed them into circles, and wore them on our heads. We were each a princess in a golden crown.

I picked and braided the fastest, so I usually had a double ring, and with my bigger crown, I was queen over the other princesses.

What we didn't know (as children) was that we were weeding out the dandelions when they were in flower so they didn't have a chance to re-seed.
Smart Mum!!!

Laffqueen
04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Here they are

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 07:40 AM
AWESOME cards, Laffqueen.
I love the Butterfinger one.
Most people don't do much with candy bars - other than Hershey.
Love the cones. Beautiful blending of the various chocolate colors.
Great job on Godiva and the cupcakes.
Thank you for posting pictures.

Now I am STARVED.
Good thing I keep chocolate close.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Hehe yes I do keep trying to get them to pick our dandelions for the same reason, think we have more of those than grass! We used to do the chains with daisies but dandelions are a way better choice! Thicker stems brighter colours just fabulous!!!! I bet you were the prettiest princess too!!! :D

Those cards are awesome laffqueen!!! M.I.Ls coming on saturday so you know what that means....a sugar comedown on sunday woop!

Vicki Z
04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
But, of course I was the prettiest.
And with my double crown I was QUEEN!!!!!!

There is a poem about dadelions by W.B. Yates that starts
Oh little soldier with your golden helmet
Why do you stand so stiff?

I can't seem to find my poetry book, but I bet your kids would like it.
We used to sing it while we created our crowns.
Can't believe I can't remember all of it.

pixiecorpse
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Hehe and its going to bug you until you remember or find it :D
Oops yes sorry I meant to say queen!
George likes it when we drop gretch at school and we see my friend toona and she sings a ladybird song in turkish for him, its a very pretty song :D

Laffqueen
04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Cards will be in the morning mail! Yeah! I was worried that I wasn't finding inspiration but hopefully these will do the trick.

Vicki Z
04-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Can't wait to see what you created, Laffqueen.

Vicki Z
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Wonderful cards received from Jewels.
These are even cooler in person.
LOVE your bunnies. They have so much personality.
Also didn't realize one of the cards was on a napkin background.
That is very creative, and makes a GORGOUS card.

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Yummy cards!! received from SingBlueSilver.
They all look good enough to eat.

pixiecorpse
04-20-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm 1 cards away from done! Woop! I have to redo my chocolate orange pieces, I made them too big! And my brads won't match :(
This is what happens when I let hubby do all the school runs!

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Option 1
Tell hubby you NEED to spend time with the kids, and he will think you are a FAB Mum, and you can get your errands done.

Option 2
Use the gold-ish colored brads I sent you.
They look a little bit like dried orange bits, particularly against chocolate colored paper.

Option 3
The cards aren't due yet - eat mil's chocolate, then try again.

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 03:30 PM
BTW
You do know that you can paint the brad heads to match colors if you need to, right???

Watercolor doesn't work very well, but acrylic paint is good, just be careful you don't put on too much paint or it gets gloppy.
I recently used some red nail polish to change the color on some brads on a vampire card, and the nail polish gave the brads a beautiful sheen!!

I try to get the "after Halloween" 50% and 70% off markdowns on Halloween makeup and nail polish, and I've gotten some gorgeous gold, silver, and oranges. The nail polish "paint" even comes with its own mini brush, perfect for painting brad heads!! LOL!!!!

pixiecorpse
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I wish I'd known that little trick before I packaged up my paper dolls!
But that is a very cool idea! The silvery ones will probably work very well!
I try not to buy/ have a lot of nail varnish, I have a wonderful mural on our bedroom wall in nail polish,lipstick and eyeliner as a reminder to not buy much make up and if I do to make sure I keep it well hidden! :D

Vicki Z
04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
You have gotten so good, so fast, with brads and dolls, and things that move, I forget you are new to all of this.

Sorry for the delayed information, but you will remember for next time.

KaleidescopeI's
04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Well, I am lurking right now. I don't think I will be able to fit this one in...darn. Just wanted to let you know I went to the liqour store today and came across 3 different types of chocolate wine. Two looked like YooHoo and one looked like red wine. According to the one of the clerks, she tried one that looked like YooHoo and it tasted more of chocolate than of wine. She said that she did not have the other, but heard that it tasted more of a red wine with a hint of chocolate undertones. I just thought I would share because it was very interesting. I may give the red one a try.

pixiecorpse
04-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Its ok thank you for the very valuable info! And the wonderful compliment! Its easy to forget I just can't seem to stop feels like I've been here forever! (In a good way of course :D)

Mmm kal they all sound delicious!!!!

Vicki Z
04-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks Kal!
I'll checked out my liquor store to see what they had on their shelves, and I found Tisdale brand Chocolate Red Wine.
It looks like red wine, but smells like dark chocolate and has a very rich chocolate taste with cherry and red wine undertones.

It will NOT pair well with a meal, but it made a great after-dinner "dessert".

Vicki Z
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
AWESOME cards received from Laffqueen.
These are even more gorgeous in person.
The scan doesn't show all the brighness of the cards, nor the lovely gold metallics.

Thank you so much for the hostie card.

Vicki Z
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
FAB cards received from catb.

Gerry
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
yayy made a start, one card finished..:)

pixiecorpse
04-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Yay! Go Gerry!
Mine are up in my gallery! and your MMHs are in there too :D

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 07:55 AM
WOW!!
You have been busy, pixiecorpse.
You added a lot of stuff to your gallery recently.

LOVE the chocolate cards.
Thank you for posting pictures.
I can see I have a difficult decision to decide on just ONE hostie card.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vamp and the trap door.
You are getting soooooo FAB at cards that move.
I still can't believe you didn't even know they existed a few months ago.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
04-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Awww thank you! Glad you like them! I keep forgetting its only been a few months too :D

Have a feeling you'll pick the kinder surprise as your hostie :D
Managed to get to post office before it closed so they're on the way. I separated them up into 2 envies, so mmhs went with the 12oclock pick up and the chocs will probably be picked up monday from the box outside. Be interesting to know which gets there first hehe

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 10:25 AM
*Ah, HA!!*
So that is the reason you only showed the card closed.
Can't wait to meet them all in person.

I will track both envys and let you know.

pixiecorpse
04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Hehe and I did say it was a surprise :biglaugh: yes that's the one that almost wasn't but it turned out fantabulous in the end :D

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry to lose you Skyelance, but Life has a way of messing up our best laid plans.
I will withdraw you, but please come back as soon as you have time, or have your cards completed.
I will happily re-sign-you-up.

blingmaker
04-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Almost missed this one. May I be signed up? This is one I can really sink my teeth into :D

Gerry
04-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Here are my chocci cards, going in the post tomorrow,
There is nothing better, than a good friend ,than a friend, with Chocolate.
Chocolate Addict,
Dream in Chocolate & So much chocolate, so little time.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_choc_tempations.jpg

pixiecorpse
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Mmmm yummy cards Gerry!!!!!

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Yummy cards, Gerry.
Can't wait to see them IRL.

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Welcome blingmaker.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Cards received from tinab.
Thank you for the pretty papers.

catladybj
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Hot Chocolate with Bailey's Irish Creme, cinnamon schnapps, and chocolate liquor post the recipe. purrty purrreeze!

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 06:47 AM
The recipe is very simple.
Make a cup of Hot Cocoa.
I prefer hot chocolate made with milk, but hot chocolate made with water is less rich, with fewer calories.
But with the booze additives, calories probably doesn't matter.:wacko:

To the hot chocolate add one shot (1ounce) of each of the following:
Bailey's Original Irish Creme
Cinnamon Schnapps
Cask Cream Chocolate Temptations cream chocolate liquor

Garnish with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon

Sit down
Get comfortable
Enjoy
Do NOT plan on driving anywhere!!!!!!

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Ooh that sounds delicious!

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 06:56 AM
It really is!
Our local steakhouse invents new cold-weather drinks every winter, and they have come up with some doozies.
This one is my fave, and must be other people's, too, because although the other recipes drop off as new ones are invented, this one is always on the drink list.

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm not surprised! I have a new mission to find cinnamon schnapps! :D
It sounds like it should be an international festive drink to take the place of eggnog! That would be very good! :D

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Our liquor store has a HUGE section of schnapps.
As long as you are ou looking for cinnamon schnapps, see if they have peach schnapps.
Adding 2 TBSP of peach schnapps to a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice) makes a sweeter, and most YUMMY drink.
Also adding peach schnapps to a vanilla milk shake gives the milk shake some real pizzazzzzz.
I just found root beer schnapps.
I don't know what I am going to use it for, but I bought it anyway.
Maybe in a root beer float?
YUM!

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Hehe! I have peach schnapps, I got a bottle for xmas will probably last til next xmas too :D I don't drink much :D don't think its wise with these little monsters running around

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
AWESOME, yummy, and downright decadent cards received from Gerry.
LOVE the backgrounds you used.
The scan doesn't capture the detail, but the rich chocolate tones in "So much chocolate, so little time" is particularly spectacular.

sassy
05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm new to this and still finding my way. But please sign me up and send me your address. My cards are ready :-)

MelanieS
05-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm so sorry Vicki, but I can't come up with any suitable cards for this swap. I think I need to drop. Plus, I just found out that I am diabetic and my chocolate eating binges are going to have to stop. ~sigh~ :no:

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Sorry to lose you MelanieS.
I am even more sorry to hear about your diabetic diagnosis.
Take it as a good thing that you found out, because with careful eating and treatment, you can carry on as though you are not diabetic.

I will withdraw you.
Thank you for letting me know.

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Welcome sassy, both to my swap and to this site.
We are a crazy bunch, but fun, and helpful, so if you have any questions at all, please ask.

I have signed you up and also sent my address.

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey, everyone, remember that cards are due exactly 2 weeks from today.
Also remember to allow time for mail transit, which is 3-4 days within the United States, and at least a week from over seas.

So far I have been receiving some AWESOME cards, so be sure to get your cards in so you can participate.

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Fingers are firmly crossed! :D

Vicki Z
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Were any of you were watching the gorgeous moon we have been having - a Supermoon.
This moon is its brightest, and closest, in over a year.

It was overcast here, but we had sheet lightning, with zero thunder, and the turbulent atmosphere kep me awake most of the night, so I made ATCs AND ate chocolate.

I am very proud of what came out of last night! The ATCs are awesome, and the chocolate is all gone --- I have finished something!:wacko:

How about you?

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Sounds like you've been very productive!
I finished a few atcs, no chocolate though (I did have some but I'm still angry with hubby about that 1)
I did some trades on etsy got a few bits, no supplies mind but fun things all the same :D

Vicki Z
05-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Oh - Oh!
Sounds like hubby was naughty!

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Just his normal pigheaded self! He asked for a bar of chocolate from the shops yesterday and said *get 1 for yourself toots* yes he said toots anyway so I did, 1 for me and 1 for him, bit later on he asks if I had a bit of the chocolate bar I said yes that ones mine. Then he goes off on one saying how we had ice creams without him and it wasn't fair! And I was too busy not listening properly to throw all his restaurant meals and booze that he'd had out last week!
Ok rant over phew! :D
Shame its a bank holiday too no post :dull:

Vicki Z
05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
FAB cards received from blingmaker.

Vicki Z
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
AWESOME cards received from pixiecorpse.
These are fantastic!

LOVE Kinder Surprise!!!
FAB-U-LOUS the way you turned the Chocolate Egg with a surprise into a card with a surprise.

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
YIPPEEEEEE! I am sooooo glad they arrived safe and sound! And I hope you like the surprise ;)

Vicki Z
05-07-2012, 11:05 AM
LOVE Kinder Surprise!!!
FAB-U-LOUS the way you turned the Chocolate Egg with a surprise into a card with a surprise.

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
:D yay!!

Vicki Z
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Cute cards received from sassy.

Vicki Z
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
I am sorry you had issues.
Sometimes what seems to be an easy theme turns out to be more difficult than expected.
Thank you for hanging in there!!

Thanks for letting me know your cards are being mailed.
I will watch for them and let you know when they arrive.
There should be plenty of time for them to get here.

Vicki Z
05-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Ohhhhhhh
Awwwwww

I don't know why you were worried????
These are GREAT!!!!!

I think I like the top one the best, but I LOVE them all, and I LOVE your titles/sayings on the cards.

pixiecorpse
05-10-2012, 01:04 PM
They are fantastic magda! I like the second one the best simple but gets the point across :D

Vicki Z
05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Today is National Chocolate Chip Day - May 15.

Please remember this swap ends this coming Friday, so your cards should already be in the mail to assure reaching me in time. There are only a few I am waiting for.

While we wait for trade-out,
Chocolatelotus.com offers Peruvian Chocolate moisturing syrup and body wash, a chocolate renewing mask, and Chocolate Silk buble bath. :-)

pixiecorpse
05-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Ooh I didn't know it was chocolate chip day! Good job we bought some choc chip muffins :D

Vicki Z
05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
AWESOME cards received from Magdapalka.
Thank you so much for the hostie card.

ArtDuJunque
05-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I am afraid that I haven't gotten to these cards Vicki, too many other things to get done at the same time :-( I hope I can catch you next time though I do love your swaps!

Vicki Z
05-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Sorry to lose you, ArtDuJunque.
See you another time.

catladybj
05-17-2012, 01:41 AM
MY CHOCOlates have flown this coop and are on their way. hopefully from Ga to Mn by fri!

Vicki Z
05-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Thank you for letting me know, catladybj.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Vicki Z
05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
I also heard from AnnaEov, that she has just mailed her cards.
So the last two sets I was waiting for are on their way.
It is almost swap time!!!!!

Gerry
05-17-2012, 07:12 AM
YAYYYYYYYY does a little happy jig.:spinny:

pixiecorpse
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Me too :jiggy:

Vicki Z
05-17-2012, 07:47 AM
If any (or all) of you indulge in eating Chocolate now that the swap is over, be sure to save the wrappers, so you are a little bit ahead on supplies when there is another chocolate swap.
:)

pixiecorpse
05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Hehe I can't I need to destroy the evidence :wideeyed:

Vicki Z
05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Ooooooo
Didn't think of that!
Good plan!

pixiecorpse
05-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Hehe I'm good at sneaky when it comes to chocolate :D

catladybj
05-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I just found 2 more chocolate cards I had made a few weeks ago! so I have overflow chocolate!!! Never a bad thing! I need to try to get my scanner to work so I can put them in the gallery.
hope my cards do not take a detour on the way to MN. A month after I mailed them I rec'd back an envie of 7 atcs I had mailed to CAN. supposedly I had the wrong addy but they colored it out so thoroughly I could not tell if the addy was really wrong. SO frustrating!!!

Vicki Z
05-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Neither your cards, nor those from AnnaEov arrived yesterday, nor today, so, unfortunately, you are both late. If you mailed them when you said you did, it is not a detour, it is normal mail transit time. Everything takes 3-4 days, sometimes 3-5 days, now that the post office has closed down some of its distribution centers.

Hopefully the cards will arrive Monday.

pixiecorpse
05-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Woo! Speedy and non melty choc flew in today!!! Thanks vicki for hosting another delicious swap! Delectable cards from Gerry, magdapalka and sassy have me drooling :D
Thank you! And perfect timing they will keep my choc cravings at bay!!! (Have a feeling the chocolate is the reason for my migraines getting worse :/)
Itraders and rep away!!!!

Vicki Z
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Cards recevied from catladybj and AnnaEov.
Cards have been sorted and swapped, and envelopes stuffed.
Cards are in the mail.

Jewels
05-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Lots of lovely chocolate flew in today. Thanks everyone. Off to leave points.

catladybj
05-27-2012, 04:26 AM
lovely chocolate cards came in today-mmmm!
thank you for a great swap Vicky!

blingmaker
05-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Great cards from Gerry,Jewel and VickiZ thanks to all of you. Now for the reps..

Gerry
06-02-2012, 02:49 PM
cards received in sunny UK, from blingmaker, hgoodbrad & mikesatc, thanks to Vicki for being a great host.

catb
06-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Many thanks to catladybj, vickiz and HGoodbrad for great chocolate cards. Extra thanks to Vicki for hosting a really fun swap!

Vicki Z
06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Happy June.

June 07 is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
June 22 is National Chocolate Eclair Day
June 26 is National Chocolate Pudding Day

Vicki Z
06-08-2012, 07:23 AM
There are only two people I have not heard from, and neither of them have been on line recently, so I am closing down this swap.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
This has been a fun swap.