View Full Version : Witchy Easter Collage/Mixed media ATC-swap, due May 14th

Pikkis
03-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Swap Due Date - 05/14/2012
Signup/ withdraw date - anytime, just communicate, please
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 only
Number of Participants - 20

WITCHY EASTER Collage/ mixed media ATC-swap

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4472/small/1_ATC594.jpg,http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4472/small/1_ATC595.jpg,http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4472/small/1_ATC596.jpg

Cards above are my cards for this swap!

Theme: Easter is pretty near already and the best-known Easter "characters" are bunnies and chicks, but also witches relate to Easter, at least in some countries like here in Finland. So forget black and orange, cobwebs, cauldrons and all other Halloween-stuff and show us how does your Easter-witch look like. Is she naughty or nice, does she fly on a broom or ride a bunny? Does she eat chocolate eggs or make friends with chicks? Let your imagination run! The only rule is that every card must have at least one witch and the theme is Easter.

Mediums: This is a collaged/mixed media swap! Drawing/painting is fine if you can use some other medium or technique besides it. Remember to do your best pieces of art that are not based only on one element. And notice, that you may receive cards made in different style than your own cards are made. I try to swap effort to effort as well as I can.

Guidelines:
- All cards must be standard size (3.5" x 2.5").
- Use sturdy material as the base of your card.
- No heavy or thick embellishments, please! You can use them, but nothing bulky!
- All cards must be sent in INDIVIDUAL plastic sleeves.
- Remember to include your username and real name on the back of every card. Otherwise it´s up to you what to put on the backside, but make it neat.
- Only original cards are accepted.

Mailing:
- All players must include a self-addressed envelope or an address-label. No bubble envelopes, please!
- Notice that I don´t live in the US, so remember to write your complete address with the country as well.
- Put your username on the back of the return envelope.
- All players should include 1e-coin / 1 US-dollar or US-stamps worth the same amount for the postage. If you can´t do this, just contact me and we´ll figure something out!
- An extra card is hearted, of course, but not a must.

All late cards or cards not filling these guidelines shall be returned to the sender.

If for any reason you have to withdraw, just let me know. But, please, do that! I´ll leave a neutral iTrader, if you haven´t informed me about the withdrawl.

PM me for my address, when your cards are ready to be send. And it would be nice to see your creations here, so feel free to post your cards on this thread.

Players - When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

If you have any questions about this swap, feel free to contact me!

Turning red means that your cards have arrived!

Players:
1) Sophie´s mom
papersaga (withdrawn)
2) Vicki Z
3) catladybj
4) pixiecorpse
5) beyondshay
6) Starshine

Sophie's mom
03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
I'd like to play and hey, I'm first (never been first before)!

Vicki Z
03-17-2012, 11:08 AM
GREAT THEME, Pikkis.
Please sign me up.

The third one is my fave, but,
LOVE all your samples!!

Pikkis
03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Welcome, my first three players :)! So glad you decided to join! And thanks Vicki :notworthy:!

catladybj
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I want to play, pls.

pixiecorpse
03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
I'll give it a go :D I can't promise they will be as great as yours but I will try my hardest!!!
And as long as I can draw some bits to collage then woohoo :D
Sign me up please :D

NancyL
03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I like the theme. I'll think about it.

Pikkis
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Hope you´ll join us, NancyL :)!

Meanwhile, catladybj and pixiecorpse are added to the list of players. Warmly welcome :cute:! And pixiecorpse, you´re being way too modest; I´m sure you´ll do just fine. And it´s great you want to try something that is out of your comfort zone, I really admire that!

pixiecorpse
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Aww thanks pikkas! I do like to try :D and my kids have been subconciously helping me by tearing up a story book which has little girls,old ladies and even black cats in it for my collages so I won't have to draw much bits at all :D

Pikkis
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow pixiecorpse, can´t wait to see what´you´ll come up with that torn book ;)!

pixiecorpse
03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Hehe me either lol! No pressure! O_o

beyondshay
03-24-2012, 03:24 PM
I love your samples and feel inspired to create and swap! Can I play please?:)

Starshine
03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Two of my favorite things! May I join please?

jensaz
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
lurking

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 06:19 AM
I've finished one! Woop! And my 5yo wants to steal it so it must be good!?! :D

Vicki Z
03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Obviously Gretchen is already growing up to be an ATC Addict!
If she could steal all the ATCs she already wants, she would have her own personal collection.:cool:

And if she wants yours - and some of the ones I have traded to you -----
She obviously has excellent taste in ATCs:notworthy:

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Exactly :D every now and again she'll even make me some! Now if she would just tidy her room ooh she would be wonderful lol

Pikkis
03-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Yahoo, we´ve got two more players and one lurker :v_spin:! Welcome to the swap beyondshay and Starshine; so happy to have you in! And hope you´ll join as too jensaz...

And pixiecorpse, I´m dying to see that first creation of yours :P!

pixiecorpse
03-25-2012, 10:12 AM
My gallery is full to bursting! So need to delete some pics when I'm on pc next so it might be a few days...

Vicki Z
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Yippee,
My cards are done and were mailed out yesterday.
This turned out to be more of a challenge than I thought it was going to be, but it was great fun!
Pls let me know when my "babies" arrive safely.

Pikkis
03-28-2012, 10:57 AM
So great to hear that Vicki, I´ll let you know immediately when they arrive :)! And I know this is a bit challenging theme; I noticed it too, when I made my own cards, but what a good thing you didn´t give up! Can´t wait to see what you´ve created!

pixiecorpse
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Hehe I know what you mean! Its a good job I checked the requirements again or you'd have ended up with a black cat swimming in easter eggs lol, luckily I hadn't stuck anything down so I can add a witch too :D

Sophie's mom
03-28-2012, 07:05 PM
My cards are finished. I agree with Vicky, this was more of a challenge than I anticipated, but, my witchy-Easter muse stuck with me today! Can't wait to see some cards folks!!!

Sophie's mom
03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Here are my little witches. Please pm me your address Pikkis.

Pikkis
03-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Oh my, those are absolutely stunning cards Sophie´s mom :notworthy:! You´ve found so many cool witch-images and they are set beautifully with all those Easter elements! What a great start for this swap!

pixiecorpse
03-29-2012, 05:37 AM
They are soooo cool Sophies mom!!!

Vicki Z
03-29-2012, 06:51 AM
AWESOME cards, Sophies mom!
LOVE , love, the witch with the lute!!
Where did you find such FAB-U-LOUS images?

Sophie's mom
03-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I found all but 1 image online. I did quite a bit of research on these before I started-it's a pretty cool tradition.

Vicki Z
03-29-2012, 07:20 AM
I have a mission for today.
First, get printer ink.
Next, research images on line.
Next print me some witches.

Oh, better get more paper, too!

Again, FAB cards sophie's mom!!

pixiecorpse
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Hehe that sounds like my list for tuesday! Although I don't need any paper but I do need printer ink desperately!
And get more collage stuff! And the rest hehe I should write a list and prioritise :D

Sophie's mom
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Ok, my witches have oiled their brooms and are ready to fly. Will go to post office tommorow morning!

Pikkis
03-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I´ll keep an eye for them :)!

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 05:23 PM
this is my first one...be gentle with me :D

Vicki Z
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Hehe I know what you mean! Its a good job I checked the requirements again or you'd have ended up with a black cat swimming in easter eggs lol, luckily I hadn't stuck anything down so I can add a witch too :D

She is cool.
But what I was really waiting for was a black cat swimming in easter eggs.
The mental imagery was soooo cool!:)

Have you give up on that one?:nah:

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I still might make the cat with the eggs, I've been cutting out bits and bobs to compare and see how it works! Collage is so hard!!!
And thank you! I have to keep an eye on her gretch keeps trying to steal her hehe

Pikkis
04-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh pixie, that witch of yours is just perfect :)! I love all those Easter eggs and looks like she´s dancing on them! Very lovely start, go ahead and let us see some more ;)!

And the first witches have landed Finland and they are from VickiZ :)! And I wish you could all see them, as they are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!! Thank you Vicki for being so early and the extra one for me!

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Yay! I'm so glad that you like her too pikkis! Yes I really better get the rest done :D

Sophie's mom
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Love the little witch with the eggs!

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks Sophies mom!
Long way til I get to everyone elses standard of excellence though :D

Pikkis
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
So sorry to see you go papersaga, we sure couldn´t afford loosing any players (sigh)... But let´s hope your muse will return from the Spring Break soon, as there´s still plenty of time! But I´ll mark you withdrawn now!

Meanwhile, the fabulous cards from Sophie´s Mom have arrived and they are soooo sweet :)! Thank you for playing and the extra card for me!

And HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!

pixiecorpse
04-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Yay happy easter!
I think I'm nearly done just need to cut out a few more bits and bobs. And then glue :D

pixiecorpse
04-08-2012, 06:09 PM
heres the cat swimming in eggs and my 2nd witchy easter card....(i'd meant to colour her face a bit but forgot before i'd scanned it)

Pikkis
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
So fun cards pixie :)! And I think the witch does look a bit pale, but otherwise the card is just fantastic (I love those Beatrix Potter-bunnies in the corner)!

pixiecorpse
04-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Hehe thank you! It was missing something and those bunnies are just too cute! :D

beyondshay
04-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I have FINALLY completed my cards...what a challenge, and I seemed to need to keep adding "just one more thing" every time I looked at these silly sexy little witches! Whew!
Am pm-ing for your addie Pikkis :D

beyondshay
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Oops...I put the wrong photos...let's try this again!!!
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q155/justsayshay/1WitchyEasterSwap.jpg

Pikkis
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Fabulous, sexy witches indeed beyondshay :)! Love them all, great work. And just sent you my addy!

pixiecorpse
04-11-2012, 05:55 AM
They are awesome beyondshay!!
I've got my final 2 planned out but don't want to glue them as think they're either too similar to the others or just too boring and need more excitement...

Pikkis
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey ladies, how are you all doing with your witches? I hope you haven´t forgotten all about them just because the Easter has passed!!!

Meanwhile, some stunning, sexy, flirting witches arrived today from Beyondshay :)! Thank you, they are gorgeous!

pixiecorpse
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I've not forgotten I have them out as we speak and keep moving bits around. I've ran out of glue tho so have to get some more tomorrow but at least I'm working on my composition...:D

Pikkis
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Good to hear that pixiecorpse :)!

Gerry
04-23-2012, 07:45 AM
I almost missed this one, I will see if I can get my cards made first before joining. So I will lurk for now.

Pikkis
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I´d very much like to have you in, Gerry :)! It´s not too late yet...

pixiecorpse
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Pikkis please can I have your address I've finally finished my cards woop! I'll upload them over the weekend :D

Pikkis
04-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I´ll pm you my address right away pixiecorpse and sorry you had to wait... I´ve had such busy couple of days that have the time to peek in here just now! But waiting eagerly to see the whole gang of yours ;)!

pixiecorpse
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks pikkis! Its ok I forgot to upload one of them it was still trapped in my book being glued to its backing and I forgot it was there. Should get them all up tomorrow :D

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 05:59 PM
heres my last 2 hope you like as theyre going in the mail asap!

Pikkis
05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
I do like them a lot pixie, they are so colourful and I really like the way you´ve turned ordinary girls into witches :)! I´ll keep an eye for them!

Pikkis
05-01-2012, 07:03 AM
And a friendly reminder to the players who haven´t mailed their cards yet... As the due date is only two weeks ahead and I live in Finland, you should be mailing your cards pretty soon...

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 07:42 AM
They're definitely in the mail just got back from the post office! :D

Pikkis
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
And now they are definitely here, pixiecorpse :cute:! Thank you for the wonderful cards and the extra one for me!

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Yippee! So glad they made it in record time! Was a bit worried took my faries a whole month to get to slovenia :wideeyed:

catladybj
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
my witchies are flyin as we speak. too bad our number is so fewl but I look forward to the returns.
where did I see a kitty 'swimming in eggs???

pixiecorpse
05-12-2012, 03:52 PM
It was mine got snapped up pretty fast in my available gallery :D

Pikkis
05-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Okay ladies :)! The due date is tomorrow, but the cards from catladybj are still on their way , so I´ve promised to wait for them! I´ll let you know as soon as the cards are swapped out. And despite of the small number of players, I can promise that the returns will be fabulous :cute:!

pixiecorpse
05-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Yay! So very exciting! :D

beyondshay
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
OoooooooH Im soooooo EXCITED! This swap has such a unique theme that the cards are going to be FAAAAABULOUS!!! YAY!

Pikkis
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Good news everyone :)! The last set of cards from catladybj is here and I can start swapping! Bad news is that the post office doesn´t work during the weekend, so the returns will start their way over to you only on Monday... But thank you all for your patience and I hope the returns will reach you fast and make you happy :cute:!

pixiecorpse
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Yippee! That's fantastic!!! :jiggy:

Pikkis
05-20-2012, 08:46 AM
The cards have been swapped out now and the envelopes are in the mailbox waiting for tomorrow :)! But as all of you fab artists sent me an extra card, I realized that my own cards were totally extra too, so now some of you will be getting four cards instead of three! So I had a difficult decision to make and I decided to give my cards to players who had shown some kind of interest towards my cards. I hope this is ok!

Vicki Z
05-20-2012, 01:27 PM
That is very kind of you, Pikkis.
Your posted samples are FABULOUS.

pixiecorpse
05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
That is a lovely thing to do! I know that 3 or 4 cards the returns will be fantastic! :D

catladybj
05-20-2012, 11:38 PM
thank you for being so kind as to wait on mine to arrive, I am excited about the returns.
this was an unusual theme, but ever so cool, which is why we are all ecxcited to see wha we have.

beyondshay
05-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Excited Excited...waiting waiting....Patience is not one of my strong points!! heheee...
Witches should fly at moderate speed...right?! *grin*

pixiecorpse
05-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Yay! Wonderful witches flew in today from beyondshay, vicki z and catladybj! They were almost swiped again by ted, but he was too slow for these awesome witches!!!!
Thank you pikkis for hosting such a great swap! To itraders and rep points I go :D

Pikkis
05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
So cool that the first witches have reached their destination :cool:! And there´s some advantage in living here at this side of the ocean, right pixiecorpse? But beyondshay, try to be patient, I´m sure they are close to the border already :cute:!

pixiecorpse
05-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Hehe definitely where your concerned pikkis! But slovenia and germany don't seem to like my cards so much :D

Vicki Z
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
My FAB-U-LOUS cards have arrived.
Fantiastic, and quick, flight across the pond.
Thank you for an AWESOME swap, Pikkis.
Off to leave points.

beyondshay
05-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Witchy~Poo's arrived! YAY!!! Thank you Pikkis for such a unique swap theme and for being a great host! I received wonderful witches from Pixiecorpse ~ #2, Sophie's mom ~ #4, Vicki Z ~ untitled & Pikkis ~ Girly Witch!

I'm off to leave Rockin points and iTrader!!!! :D

catladybj
06-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know what happened but I wrote a note to the thread that I had rec'd my returns when I got them, and would rate as soon as I could, after we got back online. it apparently did not post tho=I was using my daughters phone, as we did not have net access from the house for about a week. I hate using the phone-just tiny keys! I see the note is not in the thread tho, so it must not have gone thru.
sorry, will be rating today!

Pikkis
06-19-2012, 08:44 AM
That´s ok catladybj, these things happen! I´m just happy to know that you´ve got your returns and now I can get this swap archived!