PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Assemble! - Hand drawn/Painted - Due May 31

sasjhwa
03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Avengers Assemble! - Hand drawn/Painted - Due May 31

Signup/withdraw date - May 15
Withdrawals after the withdraw date will receive neutral feedback.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium- Hand drawn/painted

"And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes were united against a common threat! On that day The Avengers were born — to fight foes no single hero could withstand!"

For this swap you will create cards featuring the Mighty Avengers being the superheroes they are. Are you inspired by the original roster of Ant Man, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp and Hulk? Or perhaps you like the movie team of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye? Or perhaps others? The roster is huge and constantly changing. If you aren't sure someone you want to draw is a member, just ask.

All cards must feature Avengers IN ACTION. Get them running and flying and dodging and punching and all the stuff that screams ACTION!

Be original in your work please.

If you have questions, just ask.

PLEASE READ THESE DETAILS:
--cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5x3.5in
--include your username, real name, and location on the back of each card.
--hand drawn or painted only, please. Do your best work: Something you would be proud to give and to receive.
--US players: include a self addressed business sized stamped envelope with first class postage.
--Internationals: Please send a self addressed business sized envelope or large address label. I will cover the postage cost for all international traders. I collect postage stamps (new and postmarked) though so if you want to include a loose stamp from your country for my collection, that would be awesome.
--ALL PLAYERS write your user name on the back of your return envelope
--when your returns arrive, remember to leave iTrader for me and rep points for those whose cards you received. Part of the fun of the trade is finding out where in the world our cards ended up.
--if you need to drop the swap you must communicate with me. Withdrawals after the withdraw date may receive a neutral iTrader rating.

--When your cards are finished and ready to send, please PM me for address information.

--Host cards are not necessary but always treasured.

The Mighty Avengers:
1 Sasjhwa - Washington - Arrived
2 Mikesatc - Rhode Island - -Arrived
3 Pixiecorpse - - United Kingdom - Arrived
4 SunTrade - Texas - Arrived
5 MBM - Georgia - Arrived
6 Alffly - United Kingdom - Arrived

Mikesatc
03-18-2012, 10:03 PM
i'm in sign me up

sasjhwa
03-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I had a feeling this swap might appeal to you! :D Welcome.

Mikesatc
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Number 1 IRON MAN

Mikesatc
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Captain America in Action

sasjhwa
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
That's the sort of action I was talking about! The first comic book I ever bought was Captain America. He fought Batroc the Leaper.

sasjhwa
03-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Mikesatc, since the Iron Man card doesn't qualify under the swap terms if you want to include it with the swap cards when you send them I'll do a 1 - 1 for it.

Mikesatc
03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
i would like that alot Mike Thank you.. I just made my last one

sasjhwa
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Groovy! Now to get more people into the swap!

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 12:37 AM
I've been oh so lazy checking the open swaps good job I did or I'd have missed you! Sign me up captain please!
Can't resist this one!!!!

sasjhwa
03-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Hurray Pixiecorpse! Welcome to the battlefield! There is sure to be lots of action!

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Thank you very much! Ooh I wiki'd the list. Your not wrong its massive! Going to be hard to just do 3 plus host of course ;)
I do have a couple of questions... Spiderman is ok I know but I saw some images. Of him in the original. Red and blue and also the black venom outfit. Is either ok? And would a swinging spidy be ok for a host card?
I was also thinking captain britain (well I'd have to really),silverclaw and either hulk or cap america. Are those ok before I get busy drawing? Thank you :D

sasjhwa
03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Spider-Man has had so many costume changes it is hard to keep track of. I don't really care which version you use as long as you love it. A swinging SM would be fabulous!

Hulk and Captain America naturally are great.

I didn't know Captain Britain was an Avenger! Last time I checked in he was still affiliated with one of the X teams. He has one of my favorite costumes of all time! :D

Silverclaw I had not heard of (oh so many Avengers!). I looked her wiki up and she's pretty cool. :D I think you've made some great choices.

pixiecorpse
03-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Handy having a little person wake me up at 4am hehe
I actually found a captain america comic today I didn't even know I had it from 1982, it has tigra and ironman in it but their pics look like portraits so won't be using them, I'll leave out captain britain, may make him later, so I'll try to find a better picture of tigra or possibly wolverine, I have plenty of him kicking about :D

PinkZombie
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm watching this for now but thinking of joining in a bit.

sasjhwa
03-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Awesome! I hope you are able to join PinkZombie!

SunTrade
03-31-2012, 04:05 PM
I would love to play!

pixiecorpse
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
I've finished 5 cards and almost finished 2 more so some will be available for trade...
I inked one of my silverclaw cards on the bus home from town...I quite like how its gone, but will let you see before she's included in the set, I have 6 more to play with hehe

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
heres a selection of potentials :D

sasjhwa
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Awesome! I love them!

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Yay! Now comes the hard part of which to leave out of the envelope to post! :D

sasjhwa
04-02-2012, 02:37 AM
GSNETart, does that mean you want to join the swap?

Pixiecorpse, I'm sure you will have no trouble finding homes for your extra cards!

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Hehe no I don't think so either :D (modest little me)
I still have another silverclaw and tigra fighting ms marvel to ink up. Can I please have your address so I can get them ready to mail :D

sasjhwa
04-02-2012, 07:41 AM
MikesATC, your cards have arrived. Do you want me to send the Iron Man 1 on 1 with your returns or when it is done?

Pixiecorpse, I sent my address in a PM just now. :D

pixiecorpse
04-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Yay thank you so much!

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Mine went postal this morning :D

SunTrade
04-07-2012, 11:44 PM
So I asked to join, but I just realized you did not put me on the list ... but I made some cards, please let me know if I can join? ;):embarrassed:

Here they are ... hope you like them. I used the new desktop wallpaper for a reference!

sasjhwa
04-08-2012, 01:08 AM
SunTrade! How could I have missed you? Clearly an evil mutant must have clouded my mind! Of course you can join! Your cards are fantastic. I love that you took the movie Avengers. I'm really looking forward to seeing it next month.

pixiecorpse
04-08-2012, 03:42 AM
They are awesome Suntrade!!!! :D

TF Balding
04-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Ima lurky lurk for abit, see if I can get some other stuff due around the same time cleared up... Y'all know how much I LOVE a good comic themed swap. Was reading a Thor that I found at our local library last night (And a Batman, lol). Good inspiration and something to keep my mind busy til the Avengers movie comes out later this summer! :)

pixiecorpse
04-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Hehe I have to limit searching through my comics for inspiration or I get sucked into reading them and no drawing gets done hehe

sasjhwa
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
TF Balding, I knew I would see you around here eventually. :D I hope you find the time. It isn't a super hero swap without you!

Pixiecorpse, I have the exact same problem. I had to stop buying individual comics years ago because it was taking so much of my time up. Now I visit two local libraries that have massive graphic novel collections. I'm forcing myself to stay out of them until my cards are done.

pixiecorpse
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Last time I went to the library I pretended the graphics novel section wasn't there, still came home with 7 books hehe

TF Balding
04-08-2012, 07:24 PM
I took my 8 yr old daughter to get her 1st real library card last month. She came out laiden with Harry Potters and other "big kids'" books... and laughing at me with my stack of comics, lol... our library is pretty small. They dont really have many comics, but i'm happy they are finally investing in some. I'll read something serious when i'm in the mood, but sometimes i just wanna chill with my fav comics, ya know?

DreamingFox
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Awesome, will have to lurk for now... Too many swaps up my alley happening at once hehe! After i get the swaps i'm in on now sent, i may have to join in on this one! :)

sasjhwa
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
TF Balding. If you are able to find good graphic novels at garage sales or used book stores be sure to donate them to your library. That is how my hometown library got their comic section started.

DreamingFox. I hope you are able to find the time to join this swap. By teaming up with us you might just save the world from the forces of villainy!

SunTrade
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
SunTrade! How could I have missed you? Clearly an evil mutant must have clouded my mind! Of course you can join! Your cards are fantastic. I love that you took the movie Avengers. I'm really looking forward to seeing it next month.

LOl No problem. I figured as much. That happens to me a lot!

pixiecorpse
04-09-2012, 04:42 AM
I'm taking my 3 to the *big* library in town tomorrow, they are so exctied! Gretch has started reading Harry Potter, only a page a day, she's only 5 but doing very well, although I get a bit nervous when she tries to read anita blake over my shoulder. Think I'm more bothered by the sexual aspect than the fighting o_O

SunTrade
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
I used to work at the library, and now I avoid it all the time! :jimlad:

Here is the wallpaper I used for inspiration, maybe it will help someone else!

pixiecorpse
04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
That's a very cool poster Suntrade!

sasjhwa
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
PixieCorpse, your cards have arrived! Awesome!

pixiecorpse
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Woohoo! So glad they arrived safe and sound! :D

sasjhwa
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Suntrade, your cards have arrived. They make me excited to see the movie. I loved the Martian Manhunter Sonic card you added. Very cute.

SunTrade
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Awesome! Good to know they are safe!

sasjhwa
04-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey Gang! Starkid (the folks who brought us the hilarious "A Very Potter Musical") just released "Holy Musical B@tman." It is a pretty funny parody and even has an Avenger in a cameo. :D There is foul language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmZhMeY5L44&feature=relmfu

pixiecorpse
04-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Ooh will have to have a look at that later :D

MBM
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm a player!!!! Love the old style Avengers! See what I can do....EXCITEMENT, EXCITEMENT!

sasjhwa
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Welcome MBM! You have some great cards in your gallery. :D I hope you have fun with this swap!

sasjhwa
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Welcome Alffly! Let's see some action! Woo!

MBM
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
REALLY! WHAT! Who can't read? Oh, that would be me!!!!! Starting to sketch out some heros in action! Missed that RED section of the thread! I'm also thinking that Wonder Woman was not an Avenger, it was Wonder Man in the 70's. These are some cards I have if any one wants to trade for one!!!!

sasjhwa
04-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Those are pretty awesome cards. I'm sure you will find a home for them very quickly. :D

MBM
05-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Soooo done with these! I think i liked my first set better, hope you all enjoy these ones though!

pixiecorpse
05-06-2012, 04:31 AM
They are AWESOME MBM! Love spiderwoman the best but ooohhh they are all fantastic!!!!!

MBM
05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks a bunch pixiecorpse!

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 04:32 AM
And wow! Alffly! Woop too much eye candy!!! Need a lie down from all this excitement! :D

MBM
05-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Thes are awesome cards alffly! Just love Spiderman and Thor!!!

MBM
05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
sasjhwa...Sent PM for addy! Just checking in to see if you got the message or if there is a problem with our emails?

sasjhwa
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
MBM and Alfly! Wow! Your cards are incredible! Excellent job!

MBM, I was away from the computer for the weekend so I just got the request. My address has been sent. Darn sunshine taking me away from my precious computer! ;-)

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Sunshine! What's that? We've had 2 days in 3weeks and counting, feels like its always raining here o_O

sasjhwa
05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
We've been jumping between the raindrops trying to get a tan ourselves here. The sunshine over the weekend drove several people insane as they thought the world was ending or something!

pixiecorpse
05-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Hehe that's a very good analogy! Oh I bet you needed sunglasses to fight the glare of pasty skin, and I bet there was a lot of it hehe

MBM
05-26-2012, 01:09 PM
90's Here babes'! Hot looking tan skin galore!!! I'm jealous....None belongs to me!!!! Me and my children have tan skin!

sasjhwa
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry I've been absent. The last couple of weeks have tried me almost to the end of my rope (just tie a knot and hang on baby).

If you have cards to get in please do so. I'll swap out once all the cards have arrived.

pixiecorpse
05-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Hope things are looking brighter! I've just started 8 weeks of manic new job hell so I completely understand how even the slightest change to routine can screw us over :D

Idolores
05-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow! The cards on here are amazing! great job! wish I was talented.

sasjhwa
05-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow! The cards on here are amazing! great job! wish I was talented.

You know what they say, "practice practice practice." Not everyone has to be at the same level at the same time. We all grow at different rates. If you want to be able to draw with excellence, practice with excellence. It will come. ;-)

sasjhwa
06-12-2012, 07:23 PM
The last cards arrived over the weekend and the swap went into the mail this morning! Thank you everyone for your excellent cards and all the extras you sent! You are made of awesome!

pixiecorpse
06-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Yippee! :jiggy: can't wait!!!!

MBM
06-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Soooo excited!!!! Thanks for a wonderful swap sasjhwa! Greatly enjoyed playing with you!

pixiecorpse
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
yay! got awesome avengers in my mail today! Thanks sasjhwa for hosting! and thank you to Suntrade,mikesatc and mbm for the action packed cards! they ROCK!!!

sasjhwa
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this swap. In keeping with the theme the next swap is... TEEN TITANS! See the link in my signature.

MBM
06-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Sooooo jealous! Thanks for the rep points given! I'm out of town and being a hater for not being home for my cards! May try the Teen Titans, not sure yet!

sasjhwa
06-25-2012, 12:37 AM
While you are out of town see about sketching some cards out. It never hurts to put some ideas down on paper. Teen Titans won't be the last superhero swap I'm sure! :D