PDA

View Full Version : ART RELISH: A SoCal, Orange County Art Group!

nanner
03-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Calling all Southern California AFA'ers. (Or anyone interested in traveling to nannerland for some live arting! :D)

We'd love to have you join ART RELISH, our SoCal live meetup art group!

We gather every other month or so for some fun and fabulous live art time. Bring your current art projects to work on individually OR bring your favorite supplies for some make-and-take live art trading (which has included art hands and mixed-media hearts thus far.)

Send a private message to me if you'd like to be added to the group. We post info, pictures and inspiration on facebook, OR I can contact you via e-mail for meetups if you prefer.

Linda4atc
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Sweet. I won't be able to go but, if I ever get near there I hope to join the fun.

HotMamaRama
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I want to come to Nannerland! Will Elvis be there?

Just signed up and marked my calendar!

nanner
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Awesome, Linda. Yeah, I know it's a haul from there. Will see you in Portland, though!

nanner
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Trina, you seriously have had me smiling since the moment I saw you 1) joined and 2) were coming for the first meetup! WOOTY WOOT WOOT!!!

Will PM you with my contact info. Elvis is always on at casa de nanner! :elvis:

HotMamaRama
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I promise Elvis will be playing in the car while I head your direction! Might even have to find me some Elvis glasses just for the occasion. :)

Oh, I guess I had better go tell the hubby about my plans. ;)

JoyFlower
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Oh, how I would LOVE to be there! I know I can't make it in May, but maybe in the fall...
You're going to have so much fun...I'm officially jealous. :D

lilbad
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Ya, any other time but the spring.....!

HotMamaRama
03-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Nanners - just letting you know that I updated my RSVP on the meet-up to include "My Guest." ;) So thrilled I get to hang out with a couple of my favorite girlies!!!

nanner
03-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Hot-T: Oh, I've got enough :elvis: supplies for us AND guest! Just pack your blue suede shoes and get thee to nannerland!

Pesto & L-Baaaad: Feel free to still join the group (and you'll automatically get sent info for any other upcoming events). Would LOVE to entice you in a southernly direction!

KittyNL
03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
12 May, why 12 May? I am flying to Los Angeles and will be staying in Irvine from the 26th of May. I will be attending the Create Mixed Media event from the 30th.... It would have been nice to join.

Linda4atc
03-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Nanner, how far (hours) are you from Santa Ana or Burbank? That is where I have family.

nanner
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Kitty! Wow, what are the chances?! Any info you care to share about the mixed media workshop...maybe I'll join you there? :D Or shoot me a PM, maybe we can meet for lunch or treasure hunting (thrift store junking!), etc?

Linda-love, I'm minutes away from Santa Ana and about an hour or so from Burbank. You'll have to let me know when you are in the area! :idea:

Helene
03-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok....computer issues...using bunny's kindle with this minuscule keyboard that flies all over the place at the. Slightest of touch.....Grrrrrr!!
I want to sign up, but can't get to log-in to that other place (don't have my username/password etc...)
can you sign me up manually, or do I have to wait till I get my laptop back on MonDAY??
re-reading my message....what. happened? Howdid 'hubby' become 'bunny's???
Greer....I want my laptop back!!!!!

nanner
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Someone (Helene!) worked it out! Woot! Happy to have you, dearie! Hope you can join us in May. Bring some artsy friends! Insert Jiggy Dance :jiggy:

jensaz
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Wish I could be there wit ya all.... if anyone wants to let me carpool from AZ, I might be able to make it!

Helene
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM
My laptop is back!!! I LOVE MY MOUSE!
At first tentative 'roll call', we just might have a carload for the May date!

HotMamaRama
03-27-2012, 09:15 AM
I won't be able to go to the big event this time, because it's Mothers Day weekend.
But I'm still going at a later date to CA.

Jen - I will take a rain check on that car pool for the next one with you though! :) Would love a chance to see our CA arty girls again.

I believe Nanners has this set up on meet-up as a bi-monthly gathering. So there will be other opportunities to come. :)

nanner
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
True that, Trina! I will try to get us together every month or so. Though, we have the site-wide retreat in June (who's going too?!), and I have another in July. So it may be August or so before we have our next playdate.

Will look to give you as much notice as possible. Jen, you can still join in the group and then automatically receive the meeting dates and info. :idea:

Helene, welcome back to the world of the computing! That was scary there for a bit! :biglaugh: Sooo excited to hear about the carload. Once they confirm, they can either join the group and RSVP, OR you can just edit your RSVP and add them. There are 12 spots left as of this morning. SO excited to be meeting you and a few more of our AFA buds!!!

rapa
03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd love to come with Helene in the carload or even in the Coaster if it's not too far away!

Helene
03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I'd love to come with Helene in the carload or even in the Coaster if it's not too far away!
No problem...your usual seat??? hee hee hee!
And I hope I will have my usual 'navigator'....NancyJB????
And trying to rope in my 'workaholic' friend Clofiti...????

nanner
03-27-2012, 11:14 PM
WOOT!

Getting so excited to see you Lovelies! Nancy RSVP'd this morning. Rope, coaster and wrangle some more Helene...you got the power!!!

nanner
05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Our first playdate was soooooo great! Extra shout out of thanks to the San Diego crew...you girls made the event super special.

Anyone else in the Orange County area (or willing to drive to nannerland): we'd love to have you join us next time. I'm thinking of maybe sometime in August?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/large/1_1.jpg

JoyFlower
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks like fun!!

nanner
06-13-2012, 02:07 AM
First post updated! Our next meetup is set for Saturday, August 18th at noon. Hope to see some of these lovely AFA faces there! Wooty woot woot!

nanner
06-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Prego with a 5 month old (kids and a hubs)...you really know how to stay busy, Love! Let me know how it looks and if I can do anything to help on my end. :D

nanner
06-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Sweet angel baby! Hope thing are getting better and better for your little fighter. And the new bun in the oven. Sounds like a lot of special blessings for your family. :wubclub:

Lindley
10-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey Nanner... still figuring out the site. Just stumbled across the visitors messages. :confused: Seems like I'll never find everything.

Love the idea of getting together for an art-ing. I'm on the road a lot, but I love the idea. Who knows? Always looking forward to meeting fellow artists.

Linda4atc
09-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Are you doing any kind of gathering right after Thanksgiving? I am invited to my sons for Thanksgiving.

nanner
09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh, I wish! I'm probably cooked until the new year (like a turkey!) Where are the kiddos again?

Linda4atc
09-26-2013, 11:19 PM
LOL He moved a couple times. The address I have is S Parker ST in Orange, I'm pretty sure that it's where he is now.

Tandy
10-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Are you going to be doing any more of these meet-ups? This sounds like fun.

nanner
10-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi, there! We definitely will. Prolly something in the new year for sure. Will keep you posted!

Sending you a PM with a little more info...

Buttercup777
02-27-2014, 11:14 PM
I live in the high desert, so it's a shlep... but good news, I have a daughter who is in Costa Mesa, so sure....add me to the list!

nanner
02-28-2014, 08:23 PM
You got it, Toni! Welcome to the site, too. Art trading (whether online or in person) makes the world a better place! :wubclub:

Buttercup777
03-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Sign me up!!!!!

nanner
03-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Woo-hoo! Sent you a pm, Toni. Great to have you in the loop!

Linda4atc
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to come, but I would love to have any meet up info as well. My son lives in your area.

nanner
06-03-2014, 07:29 PM
LOVEBUGS!

Our next Art Relish meetup is on the calendar! JULY 19. For those of you who are in the FB group, you can RSVP there. Here's the gist:

We'll be making gorgeous Decorative Waxed Bottles! See the overexposed piccy of a sample below (sorry, I don't have a better pic!)

Most materials (including the bottles themselves) will be provided. But feel free to bring:

1) A pittance fee of $5 bucks.

2) Any tissue paper, vintage dressform pattern, or THIN paper if you'd like to match a specific decor.

3) Any decorative elements that wind your watch (like an object to "cork" the bottle with, see the overexposed image here of the partial porcelain doll...anything heart-pitter-pat worthy that you can glue/tie on should do!)

4) A potluck contribution (art snacks, baby!)

The event should run about 11am to 5pm-ish. Come for all or some.

Send me a PM for directions and further details.

HotMamaRama
06-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I've been seeing these on FB and was wondering how to go about putting this together. Leslie does this doesn't she??? I will have to check my calendar, but if Beth and I can't make it this month for some Nanner lovin' perhaps we can come out for Art Relish! :)

Linda4atc
06-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Dag Nab It no way I can come. Wish there had been one in Dec when I was down there. Have Fun. Hugs

nanner
06-04-2014, 07:30 PM
but if Beth and I can't make it this month for some Nanner lovin' perhaps we can come out for Art Relish! :)

That's what I was thinking. :bigidea: My June is starting to fill up, so keep my posted on when I can grope you next!

One of these days, Linda...one of these days!