PDA

View Full Version : G-2, British Belles Circle Journal

Pages : [1] 2

poshscot
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
This CJ is open to UK based members only. Its the first time I've hosted a CJ, so please bear with me.

Its an open theme and/or techniques cj. You must have a trader rating of 15+ to participate. We will complete a double page spread in either 6x6 or 8x8. Just leave questions/messages on this thread and i'll get back to you asap.

First posting date planned for last Friday in April 2008.

PLAYERS :

1. poshscot - Scarecrows and Sunflowers: any media but love collage/fabric/stitch- 8x8 :
2. Janice - India including animals - 8x8
3. Susietex - Elephants : any media - 8x8
4. Fantasy Firebird : by the river bank - 8x8
When I say by the river bank that can be punting in Cambridge, ducks and swans up tails all, Toad and ratty!! in fact even the shopping trolley upended in the local river. As long as it gives the impression of near/on the river I'm happy!!
5. Lise Bu - Hearts : any medium BUT NOT DIGITAL : 8x8
6. Ria -Oriental/Asian - love collage : 8 x 8

APRIL PARTNERS complete

MAY PARTNERS complete

JUNE PARTNERS complete

JULY PARTNERS posting 25th July
Louise and Lise Bu complete
Janice and FF complete
Susietex and Ria Ria posted to Susie

AUG PARTNERS posting 29th August
Louise and Ria Lou sent to Ria
Janice and Susietex Janice sent to Susie
FF and Lise Bu complete

LATEST UPDATE OF PROGRESS TO DATE
Lou - all pages posted
Janice - all pages posted
Susietex - still to send to Ria and Janice
FF - all pages posted
Lise Bu - all pages posted
Ria - still to send to Lou
Lou x

fantasy firebird
03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
ok thanks for the link!!! 8"x8" pages would be great please!!
Might have know Susie would want ellies!! Typical and there I am getting a dab hand at doing under the sea type critters!!

susietex
03-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Kay, didn't want you to get stuck in a rut!!!!
Besides elephants can swim you know, now there's a challenge.....

Poshscot, thanks for this, it's going to be great fun.

poshscot
03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Well girls, I'm sure you'll keep me right, really fancy a fabric cj next. Susie, I love St.Ives, my girls had a story book called : The Sandhorse and it was based in St. Ives and the illustrations in the book were just gorgeous so we had to see for ourselves, bit hilly though, bet you get plenty of exercise!!

Lou x

susietex
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Poshscot, which St Ives ?, I live in the real one in East Anglia, we have no hills, it's the flatest county in England!!

Janice
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
well I'll go with 8x8 like everyone else - that will keep it simple - looking forward to this - what happens next? - do I wait and see who to post to - this is my first cj so I need telling! - Janice:eek:

Janice
03-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I wish i'd known you meant that ST IVES - we were there on Wed night having a meal at the Turkish restaurant as we were having a couple of days in your part of the world Susie and we could have had a drink togeter - isn't this a small world!!!!:biglaugh:

susietex
03-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh Janice, what a shame. The restaurant is only 10 minutes walk away from my house!

We are the REAL St Ives, we pre date the one in Cornwall, so we're the Original!

poshscot
03-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Poshscot, which St Ives ?, I live in the real one in East Anglia, we have no hills, it's the flatest county in England!!

I was in Cornwall!! Didn't realise there were 2 St. Ives!!

Janice. will post who sending to and when shortly, just need to fill the last 2 places, but as you are second on the list, you and I will exchange pages in April, this gives you a wee bit of a headstart!!

adifferentstory
03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm thinking hard about this and very tempted LOL Could you tell me what goes on the 2nd page?

Lise Bu
03-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Me please - 8 x 8 - hearts - any media please apart from digital thanks x x

Janice
03-29-2008, 06:54 AM
great -I need the start as I go to Italy onthe 22nd so will need to post before we go - When you say 2 pages do you mean front and back or 2 separate pages - what kind of thickness do you suggest? :v_spin:

poshscot
03-29-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking hard about this and very tempted LOL Could you tell me what goes on the 2nd page?

Its a 2 page spread, so both pages would cover the same theme, I usually include a label with my details on it, some folks just add their details on the back, happy to take advice on this though. Hope this helps.

Lise Bu - welcome,

Janice, it'll be 2 separate pages.

Lou x

adifferentstory
03-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks Lou. I think i'll pas on this one. I have enough to catch up onb before I sign up for something else LOL

poshscot
03-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Lou x

sweetest-sin
03-30-2008, 05:49 AM
i will need some help , but can i sign up?

Ria
03-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi I would still like to join - if there is a spot left ????????
If so mine would be 8 x 8 theme to be Oriental/Asian - love collage.

poshscot
03-30-2008, 11:32 AM
THIS CJ IS NOW FULL. yEAH!! PM's are on the way very shortly!!

Any ideas for group names, so far we have:

Celts&Saxons
The Revels........thinking chocolate here, sorry!!

Off to check out cj duties, loving all the themes, my head is full of lots of colour stuff - if only it'll look so good on paper!!

susietex
03-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh I say, this is getting exciting, some lovely themes girls. BTW, 8x8 inch for me as well please.

Janice
03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
this is looking good - well done Lou - this is going to be fun - just a query - how thick should the pages be and can we go full on with embellishments? - one last question - are people going to bind the pages or stick them into a peprepared book - can't you just tell this is my firstcj!!!:unsure::rolleyes:

poshscot
03-31-2008, 06:39 AM
Janice, I usually use thick card or watercolour paper for my pages, and I'm happy with full on embellishments, you'll havre to ask each person as you trade I guess. I would expect most folks to bind there own pages rather than stick them in an existing book, you can always check as you trade. I will be making a hanging, but don't worry about edges etc, as I will sort out the hanging once all the pages are in, hope that helps
Lou x

susietex
03-31-2008, 07:49 AM
I am going to bind my pages together down the left hand side, so a little space on that side would be great, other than that as many embellishments as you like, I'd be a very happy swapper.

poshscot
03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
What about : Best of British, as a name?

susietex
03-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Mmmmm, now that's an idea! I'm liking this.

poshscot
03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok, if there are no other offers by tomorrow morning,then I'll go with it!!

I'm planning to do direct swaps each month so month 1(April) will be :

Poshscot and Janice
Susietex and Fantasy Firebird
Lise Bu and Ria

so you can all make a start if you like, once I set up the named thread I'll add in each set of pairings and the postal dates for everyone and get my head around the admin side of things.

I'm hosting a big party of my MIL 70th this weekend, so I won't really be at my best till next week, all I think about are decorations and party food!! So bear with me.

Lou x

fantasy firebird
03-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Best of British is good but how about British Belles???
OH BOY!! I get to fight with Susie and her elephants first!! might have to go across to the commandments thread for inspiration LOL

poshscot
03-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Yep, like it, you're good at this aren't you!!

susietex
03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Well Kay, I just happen to live by the river, I'll see if I can spot an old trolley for you!!
Be careful around those elephants, they have big feet you know.

Janice
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Yes I like it too- enjoy your party:spinny:

poshscot
04-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi girls, feeling like a bad hostess, but will get all the admin/addresses sorted out this weekend once the party is over. On top of everything else, I've hurt my back!! Waiting to see dr. No dancing on the tables for me this weekend then :)

The pairings for this month are in the first thread and the posting date is Friday April 25th.

Lou x

poshscot
04-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Morning folks, still waiting to hear back from a couple of folks re names and addresses, hope all is well and you are all comfortable with your wee projects.

lou x

Janice
04-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi Lou - hope party went well and backache is better - we won't be hearing from the elephant lady until the jet lag is over:wub:- hope you had a great triip - want to hear all about you shopping:yes:- lou your first page is finished and the 2nd is well on its way - just waiting for the markel background to harden - they should be on their way by the end of the week - who will be next - I need some clues FF:err: really enjoying this:biglaugh:

poshscot
04-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey Janice, sounds like you are going great guns!! Will release the next swap partners/dates etc when I have everyones details and know that everyone is on track!!

Keep up the great work, Happy for you to post piccies on here when you are done Janice!!

lou x

Lise Bu
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone - just checking in - an beavering away on Rias pages - will try to check in as often as possible but what with the move and everything I don't have internet or even a phone line - I feel like my arms and legs have been cut off. Am using mummys internet connection at mo - hugs to all. x x x x

fantasy firebird
04-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Well I have got as far as finding 1 image to use on Susie's pages, amazing what images come in a financial magazine!!

Janice
04-09-2008, 06:02 AM
I posted your pages yesterday Lou - the only reason they are so early is because we leave for 10 days in Tuscany on 22nd and I didn't want to be late on my first posting - I would put up pictures but I can't do that!!:goofy: - don't feel under pressure about mine - they will be a nice surprise when I get back - shame someone doesn't want Italy as their theme!!!:sad:

poshscot
04-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Janice, guess what - my fabulous funky pages are here, what a fab surprise when I got home today, they brought huge grins to my face. I LOVE THEM, they are REALLY REALLY COOL. Thank You so much. Will post piccies shortly

poshscot
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
My cj pages from Janice

susietex
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi girls, I'm back. FF don't look like that, remember your first on my list!!! LOL

BTW when I get about 10 hours spare I'll tell you about all the craft goodies I bought in the States, you'd go mad at the prices...... cheap, I just stood there with my mouth open, then spent the rest of the day saying to Shoreart, " do you know how much that would cost at home???"

susietex
04-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Janice, your page is great and so quick, I'll have to get moving!!

Ria
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I should have Lisebu's pages finished by tomorrow evening! This is fun!

Ria
04-11-2008, 02:04 AM
I will be posting out lisebu's pages today for her!

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL491/9084300/18779051/312803392.jpg

Lise Bu
04-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Ria wow - they are gorgeous - can't wait to receive them. Yours are finished and are being posted today hun. Tried to put pics up but mums scanner is fubar x x x

poshscot
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Wow, LiseBu, that is quick, we have plenty of time girls til posting date!! Life here is taking a turn for the busier - my great Uncle broke his hip in Nov, he is a spritely 95 years young!! Well he's just gone and broken the other one this morning!! Just waiting to find out when op is etc and going to have to work on getting him into a nursing home now I think!! Poor fella, really missing his independence!!

Lou x

susietex
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Good grief Poshscot, I hope he's going to be OK, sounds like a great fiesty fella.

Janice
04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks for putting up my photos Lou - glad the pages were ok - well done Ria - Hey Susie loved hearing about your trip - I bet you don't know where to store everything! - the other trouble is remembering where you put it and what you've got!:wideeyed:

susietex
04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey Janice, you're not wrong there, still unpacking little goodies, glad you enjoyed our adventures, there are still loads more photos to come.

poshscot
04-13-2008, 03:38 AM
Morning girls, hoping to get the admin sorted today, I have sorted out the posting dates and allocated partners etc, if you have holidays etc and need an extension please let me know so we can keep everyone updated, I'll probably need one for August as I'm in Cambodia for 4 weeks from mid July, unless I can get my act together and work ahead of schedule!!

Can you also post here when you send and receive so I can keep post 1 updated. Thanks x

Susietex, come on then, what goodies did you come back with? Are you still busy admiring them?

fantasy firebird
04-13-2008, 04:44 AM
never mind what she brough back for herself, where are our pressies????

susietex
04-13-2008, 07:23 AM
FF, as you know I was on an infiltration mission to get the lowdown on the American crafters, all my purchases were for research, not pleasure!!!

I'll post a picture of my research material, when I can find a space to lay it all out!!!lol.

fantasy firebird
04-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I am always available should you need help with your research!!

susietex
04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Ahhh FF, a true friend indeed..... thankyou for that kind offer!!!

fantasy firebird
04-13-2008, 12:04 PM
1st page done ready for Susie!! the tag reads as follows "Raoul always felt a total ass weaing his frilly uniform and going through that doorway". I guess you could say I saw that picture Susie and thought of you!!!!

Ria
04-13-2008, 02:17 PM
WOW!!!!!!

What a fabulous page!!!!! Awesome!

1st page done ready for Susie!! the tag reads as follows "Raoul always felt a total ass weaing his frilly uniform and going through that doorway". I guess you could say I saw that picture Susie and thought of you!!!!

susietex
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Oooo FF, was it the frilly uniform or the ass that made you think of me??!!!!
Great page though, thanks.

Janice
04-13-2008, 04:43 PM
love the page FF:yes:

poshscot
04-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Nice work FF, Susietex, would you say your undercover work was a great success, or is that measured by the extra weight of your suitcase!! :P

All details are in, emails coming your way shortly.

Lou x

susietex
04-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Well poshscot, when we found out we could check in two bags on the way home, Shelly lent us another bag and we did more shopping on the way to the airport. I think that classes as a great success!

We did try and stay undercover to try and gain info, but I fear that our over enthusiasum, are uncontrolled behaviour in craft shops and much drooling may have given us away. (Moggy asking for job offers in order to get a visa, was, I felt also a bit of a giveaway!!!) :twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

poshscot
04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Susie, I'm sure moggy thought it was worth a try!! I always believe, if you don't ask, you've got NO chance of getting!! Has your brain on home time yet?

fantasy firebird
04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
LOL aren't you expecting rather too much of our operative????

susietex
04-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Brain and body still sort of disconnected, but just been playing with my craft goodies, so I don't care, they'll catch up eventually!!!!

Ria
04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Received my pages from Lisebu - they're fabulous!!!!!!! Just off to leave rep points!

fantasy firebird
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Just finished the 2nd page for our dear Susie!!

poshscot
04-16-2008, 12:44 PM
2 very different pages, FF, excellent work. Ria, pictures please.......

Ria
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
What an adorable little elephant!!!!

Ria
04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
which pictures ?? I posted piccies of ones I made - did you want me to put lise's on show????? I know she has problems with computer?

2 very different pages, FF, excellent work. Ria, pictures please.......

micromummy
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi this micromummy. Lisebu has asked me to give you a message as she isn't on line yet following her house move. She says, can you put her pages on show please? She'll be talking to you very soon on her own computer or, no doubt she'll be round here and pinching mine in the next few days. Mummys do come in handy!!
Kate x

poshscot
04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Ria, yes please the piccies you received.

Thanks,

Micromummy, in deed Mummy's come in very handy, mine usually comes bearing gifts of homemade cakes!!

susietex
04-16-2008, 06:44 PM

Thank you FF, and so cute just like me!!!
Can someone please pat Kay on the back, she seems to be making funny chokeing noises, she must have swallowed something....I bet it wasn't my 'cute' line!!!!LOL.

fantasy firebird
04-17-2008, 03:16 AM
*gasp* *splutter* cough cough!!! Susie you didn't just say THAT did you?? yea Gods I'm having the vapours!!

susietex
04-17-2008, 04:20 AM
:DCalm down FF, you can get medication for that you know!!!:D

Ria
04-17-2008, 12:50 PM
[CODE][/CODhttp://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL491/9084300/18779051/313644827.jpgE]

This is pics of journal pages made for me by lisebu!

fantasy firebird
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
those are lovely! If you don't want them send them to me !!!! (God loves a trier!!)

susietex
04-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes Kay, you are certainly very trying!!! LOL

Ria I think that I should have a much closer look at those pages, like in my hands closer!!
Lisebu, I will look after them for you...... very carefully,

Janice
04-17-2008, 04:33 PM
the pages are great Lisebu - I am looking forward to seeing Susie's river ones now - I am already thinking and have a twinkling of an idea but I must admit I' m interested in where everyone else is going - thank goodness Happy Stampers is on before any more pages are due!:wideeyed:

Ria
04-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Kay and Susie, I have put these pages away under lock and key, can't be sure that you won't be tiptoeing my way through the night.

poshscot
04-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Afternoon girls, Am I correct in thinking that only myself and Ria have received pages? I have updated the first post with your MAY partners. Will need to make a start on Janices pages this week!!

Lise Bu
04-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Lou - I have received Ria's pages - and gorgeous they are too. I can get going on Janices pages now. I just love this group - it's fab. What we going to do when we are have done all the pages?? - Can we start another one?? pleeeeeeeeeeeeasssse. I just love working in 8 x 8

susietex
04-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Well I'm afraid FF will have to be patient a little longer (a difficult task for her I know), because I'm off on holiday tomorrow, I didn't wan't to rush and spoil your second page Kay, so I'll send it when I get back..... patience is a virtue you know!!LOL.

fantasy firebird
04-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Kay and Susie, I have put these pages away under lock and key, can't be sure that you won't be tiptoeing my way through the night.

Huh Susie are you going to stand for that comment?? anyone would think that thee and me are some sort of art thieves!! under lock and key!!http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/lootsmileyf.gif (http://www.millan.net)

Ria
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Very funny - love the little 'thief' LOL!
Huh Susie are you going to stand for that comment?? anyone would think that thee and me are some sort of art thieves!! under lock and key!!http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/lootsmileyf.gif (http://www.millan.net)

susietex
04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Kay SSShhhh, she will never suspect me, Ria thinks I'm going on holiday, I'll share the pages with you!!!!!

Janice
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I can't believe you are swanning off again Susie but I know you are cos I have just read your thread!!! I'm hoping to go away on Tuesday to Italy in search of Angels so will be missing for 10 days( I've been really poorly this week with the most dreadful'tossa'(italien for cough!!!!) - and we didn't think I'd be able to go but hopefully the antibiotics are just about kicking in - so will start your pages when I get back Lisebu - I just love hearts as a theme - do you want any thing in particular with the hearts?:idea::wub:

Ria
04-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Just in case 'anybody' thought that they could pinch the 'art' will now have to get past my 'guardian of the art'
He's just showing you all how big his mouth is and how many teeth he has - the better to eat you with! SO BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL491/9084300/18779051/313892643.jpg

QUOTE=susietex;85222]Kay SSShhhh, she will never suspect me, Ria thinks I'm going on holiday, I'll share the pages with you!!!!![/QUOTE]

poshscot
04-19-2008, 12:46 PM
One sleepy guard dog me thinks!! Feeling a bit of a prat, started making page for Janice, had it in my head it was oriental,so thats whats I've designed!!........just noticed its India - Dah!! back to the drawing board....:eek:

Ria
04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey, you can keep that one if you'eve started it for when are partnered, my theme is Oriental!

Hugs

One sleepy guard dog me thinks!! Feeling a bit of a prat, started making page for Janice, had it in my head it was oriental,so thats whats I've designed!!........just noticed its India - Dah!! back to the drawing board....:eek:

poshscot
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
OK, spent all day researching India and working on my first page, now got to think about page 2!! Ria, you're one is all thought out, so should be able to deliver that one fairly pronto!! So my first page for Janice is based on he Peacock - Indias National Animal

Janice
04-21-2008, 06:41 AM
love the page Lou - needed something to cheer me up today - should have been going to Tuscany tomorrow touring around but am still poorly and am not fit to travel so all plans have been cancelled so feeling really sad:dull::dull::dull:

poshscot
04-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh Janice, big hugs. Is it possible to rearrange for when you feel better?

Ria
04-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Great page, really colourful!

OK, spent all day researching India and working on my first page, now got to think about page 2!! Ria, you're one is all thought out, so should be able to deliver that one fairly pronto!! So my first page for Janice is based on he Peacock - Indias National Animal

poshscot
04-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Janice, just waiting for the glue to dry and will pop the pages in the post tonight.

Lou x

Janice
04-22-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks for the hugs - looking forward to the pages - will go to Italy again but this was the perfect time of year to go touring so will have to wait until next year probably
Lisebu where are you - any particular requests for you heart pages fav colours?:cool::cute:

poshscot
04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Janice pages are in the post, but I forgot to scan page 2, would you mind posting a pic on here of it, thanks

Lou x

Off to research elephants......

Lise Bu
04-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Sorry Janice - am not on-line - am having to steal time on mummys pc. Anything hearts is cool thank you x x

Have finished one of janices pages - am very happy with it. Just need to do the other one now. But am making ATC's for Aintree now. x x

poshscot
04-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Susietex and FF - how are you 2 getting on? Last posting date is 25th April, are you both on target for this? Sorry if I've missed an earlier thread about it from you both, misplaced my specs and everything looks pretty blurry so sorry!!

And can I please remind everyone to leave a trader rating for Aprils pages once they have received them. JANICE, off to do yours right now. Thanks

Lou x

fantasy firebird
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I have Susies pages all ready but have decided not to post to her until she is back home, just in case they don't go through the letterbox safely and get damaged.

poshscot
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
She away again? Some folks have all the luck!!

Janice
04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Love the two pages - here is the second one - well done Louhttp://Lou

Janice
04-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Would love to put up page but don't know how:goofy: - doyou scanit or use a digi photo - help appreciated please - I'd like to share my lovely pages:yes:

poshscot
04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Janice, I scan mine, then resize them by 50% to make them a wee bit smaller. Using the Go Advanced button below the quick reply button, then manage attachments allows you to upload thumbnails into this thread, - well thats how I did it for your first page, hope that helps
Lou x

poshscot
04-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Morning girls, hope all is well, so we should all, in theory, be moving on to the next cj pages. It was an almost summers day yesterday, absolutely gorgeous, got lots of gardening done and some seeds planted so today, its raining, and feeding my lovely lttle seeds for me!!

Hope all is well

Lou x

Lise Bu
04-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Morning Lou - It was awful here yesterday - we had the biggest thunder storm ever last night about 5-6pmish. My cats were doing the wall of death. But it is beautiful today. Mummy and I going to meadowhall today for some retail therapy.

I am getting stuck into my second lot of pages - will post a piccie tomorrow (yeh get my internet back tomorrow - I feel like I have had my arms and legs cut off lol).

Love to all the British Belles x x x x

fantasy firebird
04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Ding Dong Fantasy calling !!! How much retail therapy does those pair need to do?????
Anyway will post Susies off tomorrow, hopefully she should be home before too long!

Lise Bu
04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
This is my first page for Janice x

Janice
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
wow Lise he is super:yes: did you have a good time at Aintree? what did you buy?

Lise Bu
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
hi Janice - i'm glad you like him - the other page is the woman to match him.

Had a fab time at Aintree - I bought the usual stuff - lots of stamps, papers and some glitter - my house is covered in it now lol x

poshscot
04-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Evening my beautiful belles, Family crisis here, have 3 members in hospitals spread around Edinburgh, so lots of running around, so apologies for not being around and may be quiet for a wee while yet, please keep up the chit chat and musings, it keeps me sane!!

Are all April pages sorted and with their owners?

fantasy firebird
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
mine have gone postal - nothing yet from SUsie, but she is doing her Judith Chalmers bit LOL!!
So hope that all your family members hurry up and get better and out of hospital real soon - talk about being awkward being in different hospitals!! we'll be real good for you!

Lise Bu
05-01-2008, 02:51 AM
ooooh heck Lou - u have had some bad luck - hope things take a turn for the better soon and all your rels get better ASAP.

FF - i'm always good lol x x

Janice
05-01-2008, 04:13 AM
sorry to hear that LOU - hospital visiting is so depressing and such hard work:arghh:

poshscot
05-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, on the hospital front, my sis is now home and feeling better - diagnosis - still unknown!! But at least she's on the mend and back to work tomorrow.

Aunt and Uncle are still in different hospitals, but hope to have my Aunt moved this week to the same convalescense(sp?) hospital as my Uncle, I should just say, they are brother and sister and well in their 90's, both with broken hips!! The future does not look bright for them.

How is everyone getting on with the cj's, is Susietex still away enjoying herself? Lucky rascal.

I had big plans for my next pages, but alas, they are still blank!!

Lise Bu
05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Great to hear things are getting a little better for you Lou x x x

As for my pages - I have drawn a blank - I know what I want to do and have the stuff to do it - but I just can't get motivated. I have lost my mojo I think.

If anyone has any spare motivation can they please send it my way.

Janice
05-05-2008, 04:26 AM
I have lots of ideas for your hearts Lise in fact I cut out one yesterday from hand dyed velvet but haven't managed any thing else yet!!! but it will get done today if I don't go out in the garden or for coffee and a giant cream scone at the garden centre;)

poshscot
05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I think this sunny spring weather is interfering with our mojo big time, well come on gilrs, bright and sunny means playing out side doesn't it????? I have started growing some veg, and its all looking quite good, only 2 weeks in though, and I'm thinking Pak Choi might not like the northern climate, but we'll just have to wait and see!!

Still go a couple of weeks before the nest posting so heres hoping mojo and motivation strike back!!

Lou x

poshscot
05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
This is my very simple : beginners guide to drawing elephants, believe it or not but it took me ages!! It is based on a childrens book called squeaky chalk!!

Lise Bu
05-07-2008, 02:13 PM
ahhhhhhhh he's so cute x - i have found my mojo and begun work on janices' 2nd page.

I have been told by my docs that i am not to do anything other than sit around and take it easy - got an emergency with specialist coming so it looks like surgery is imminent x so I am wanting to get my stuff done asap x x

poshscot
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Lise Bu, Have I missed something? Emergency? Specialist? Are you ok?

Lou x

Lise Bu
05-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I had an accident at work and have damaged my spine so I have been waiting for surgery - but things have taken a bit of a turn for the worse and I am starting to lose feeling in my leg and foot - doc wanted to admit me to hospital today but I didn't want that so I agreed to see a specialist in the next day or two and take it from there - I just hope I can get my stuff done before things start to kick off.

My pain killers have been upped and i'm a bit zombied lol x x

fantasy firebird
05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
oh dear Lise sorry to hear getting worse but it might be a good thing in the long run - at least you're be hopefully getting it sorted. I have a plan - if you don't get your cards etc finished we'll have to have Sammy do them!!! LOL

Lise Bu
05-07-2008, 03:03 PM
That's a good idea Kay - she could probably do a better job than me at the moment lolx x

poshscot
05-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Lise - don't worry about your pages, worry about you!! It sounds dreadful, I hope the specialist whips you in and sorts things out for you pronto.

Cyber Huggles

x

fantasy firebird
05-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Yes I second that - after all there are so many craft shows that you have to attend - if you aren't fit there will be a serious decline in the craft sales LOL plus of course we are getting the hang of these meet ups!!! Do what you can - when you can - I'd rather get things late and have you healthy than the other option!

Janice
05-08-2008, 03:30 AM
sorry to hear that Lise - spines are seriously needed:wideeyed:- hope all goes well - get micromummy to keep us posted:wideeyed:

Lise Bu
05-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks so much all of you for being so understanding and for your encouragement - I don't mind admitting I am bricking myself x x

Lise Bu
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I have finished my pages for Janice and will be getting DH to post them for me tomorrow x x

susietex
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi girls, I'm back. So sorry to hear about your health problems Janice and Lise Bu. Poshscot, hope your family are all well again real soon.

Missed you all, yes even FF, well she did send me two fantastic elephant pages, thanks KAY.

fantasy firebird
05-09-2008, 03:35 AM
"even FF"????? How come I always get this bad reputation??? What have I ever done to deserve it???? After all I am the model forum member - never says a word against the leaders or people I play with :confused:

Janice
05-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Lise - your pages are done so will get them in the post asap - hope you are ok - we are all thinking about you - welcome back Susie - when is the next holiday then ?:wideeyed:or is it time to stay at home and sort out the washing and the garden:biglaugh:

susietex
05-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Janice, thanks for the reality check!!!!!
Looks like my travel bug will have to be satisfied for now.......Oh and FF, I'm so sorry to suggest that you are anything other than the perfect forum member..... I was thinking of that other FF, the one called Kay, now she's a right handfull, looks like she might live somewhere near you, so watch out, she can be such a bad influence!!!!

Lise Bu
05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Elephant pages for Susietex -

I know they are not even due yet, and I am jumping the gun as to who my partner will be for June but I am just so worried that I will fall behind because of my operation - so I thought I would make a start on the others while I am still able. I will post pics here as I do them and send them out as they are done, so people don't be worried if you receive your pages from me rather sooner than you expected. I hope this is ok with you Lou - I would hate to let anyone down and I feel this is the best way to stop that happening.

Anyway I will be sending Susietexs' pages tomorrow x x I hope you like Elmer and Wilbur x x x

susietex
05-10-2008, 02:46 AM
Oh wow, they are so brilliant, thank you so much. Elmer and Wilbur will be very welcome to join my herd, I'll make sure I have handfuls of peanuts waiting by the letterbox. xxx

Janice
05-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I have been planning for you today as well susie - i have just come back from Happy Stampers Fayre with some elephants for yor pages - we are all obssessed by elephants:cool:
Has the Doc said anymore about your back Lise?:wideeyed:

poshscot
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
OOPS sorry Lise, I meant to post the list of partners will do that once I've cut DH hair, be back shortly

Lou x

OK, I'm back and the first post has been updated with all our partners. Any probs with the list, just let me know.

Ta very much

Lou x

Lise Bu
05-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Just to keep people updated on my back situation - are you sitting comfortably? then I shall begin.

There is significant damage to the S1 and S2 sections of my spine, which is causing loss of function in my right leg and foot, and also my bladder which is not good.

Doc wanted to get me into hospital on wed but I wan't having any of it - too much to do and get sorted before I finally go under the knife. So she agreed if I stayed at home and took things easy she would make an appointment for me to go and speak to the surgeon and take things from there. She did say though that there is a possibility that the surgeon will have a bed waiting for me there and then - so to be sure to make sure I take some stuff with me.

The bit I am not looking forward to is the fact that I will have to go to Sheffield for my surgery - although not a million miles away it feels like it when everyone at home is in Chesterfield.

But on a good note - work have finally admitted liability and have agreed to pay me 85% of my salary for the next 6 months - and then review from there. So I am one step closer to my compensation. Chris and I have decided to renew our vows in 2010 so my money will go towards paying for the wedding I never had (so make sure you all keep september 22nd 2010 clear in your diaries - I expect my British Belles to be there to cheer me on).

Anyway that is the end of my long and boring story - I will keep you posted and I am going to make sure that DH (chris) has FF's mobile number so he can keep her informed when I do go into hospital. (I hope that is alright with you Kay).I would ask Micromummy to do it but she is a little technophobic and I have to do most of her stuff on here for her. Plus she will have Sammy to look after while I'm away.

susietex
05-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Lise Bu, thanks for keeping us up to date.
I'm sure all the Belles will join with me in wishing you the absolute best for your speedy recovery, great news about the liability, may your compensation be much and soon.

As for the RE-Wedding, how fab, I'll start looking for a hat, Oh, and new shoes, now what colour?
Hope Chris will look after you carefully, we all need to see you fit and well when you walk down the aisle together. Big Hugs xx

Janice
05-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi Lise - thanks for the news even tho' it doesn't sound nice you do need to get it done - remember the sooner you go in the sooner you will be coming out!:yes: and then the sooner you will start to get better - I'm sure Sammy will be really good at nursing you:huh: - and you have time to think about your big day - keep us in the picture please FF ( I don't believe everything that Susie says about you;)

fantasy firebird
05-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Janice - how true you speak!! Susie has always for some reason insisted that I am loud!! Lise I am more than happy to receive updates from Chris etc, we have to keep each other in the loop.
I too went to the stamp show yesterday!! What a crush!! Even when I found a space I ended up falling into another shopper I guess I had got too used to being pushed and shoved!!
Spent many pennies!!! more toys and stamps to play with!! Loads of elephants there - common item these days Susie!!

susietex
05-11-2008, 01:28 PM
* Susie has no comment on how LOUD FF maybe*

BTW Elephants are very popular, not common!!!!!!

poshscot
05-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Lise, thanks for keeping us updated, fingers crossed all goes well and you'll have a speedy recovery. Great news for 2010, its closer than you think though!!

Take Care and don't worry about this cj - that an order!!

Lou x

Janice
05-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Yes it was busy wasn't it - I got well and truly squashed - shame we didn't meet up for a coffee - I didn't spend as much as I did in October so I was quite proud of myself:rolleyes: we really do need to find smewhere for a meet when all the pages are done and let everyone see them in the flesh - Ria you are probably the furthest away on the transport link because even tho' Lou is up in in Scotlaand it does a have atrain link to most places - maybe a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and then do some Galleries or shopping:jiggy:

Lise Bu
05-12-2008, 06:11 AM
That sounds a great idea Janice and hopefully by then I will be all mended x x

Ria
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Just caught up with this thread, WOW what a lot going on, Lise, I do hope everything goes well for you and I too would love to see all you girls, I will have to check out trains etc, nearer the time, and make sure I can have time off work, as I have now been taken on as a permanant memeber of the Health Team!!!!!!
Shame - I haven't even been able to make it to any of the craft shows this year either. Still maybe later I may be financially better off and be able to join in abit more!

Yes it was busy wasn't it - I got well and truly squashed - shame we didn't meet up for a coffee - I didn't spend as much as I did in October so I was quite proud of myself:rolleyes: we really do need to find smewhere for a meet when all the pages are done and let everyone see them in the flesh - Ria you are probably the furthest away on the transport link because even tho' Lou is up in in Scotlaand it does a have atrain link to most places - maybe a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and then do some Galleries or shopping:jiggy:

poshscot
05-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Great idea Janice, I'm always up for a few days away, just let us know when and where you fancy!!

Lou x

Janice
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Lise my pages came today - they are super - thanks alot - yours will be in the post tom:notworthy:orrow
Ria I have you next - any particular colours ?:err:

Ria
05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Janice, I love all forms/colours of oriental or Asian, so just go for it!

Hey you guys are all going so quickly - or is it me, lagging behind???????:swoon:

Hey Lise my pages came today - they are super - thanks alot - yours will be in the post tom:notworthy:orrow
Ria I have you next - any particular colours ?:err:

Lise Bu
05-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Janice your pages have landed - thanks so much x x x and for the lovely feathers x x x

fantasy firebird
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Re April pages I have sent susie her and they have been received!! mine are in the ether!!

poshscot
05-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks FF, thought I'd updated the page. Susie, I'm sending your May pages tomorrow.

Lou x

fantasy firebird
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
ok here is the first of my oriental pages for Ria (I think!!) I hope its ok, I now have to get started on the next one LOL

Janice
05-22-2008, 03:13 AM
This is wonderful FF - I'm sure Ria will love it - if she doesn't I'll have it even tho' I' :swoon::idea:;)m India

poshscot
05-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Excellent work FF. Very colourful.

Lise Bu
05-23-2008, 06:28 AM
I have done my front cover for my cj - what do u peeps think?

Janice
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
really like it Lise - how are you binding it?:jiggy:

Lise Bu
05-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Not sure yet but I did think about ribbons - I don't have a bind-it-all machine so that is out.

Anyone any suggestions??

fantasy firebird
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Not sure yet but I did think about ribbons - I don't have a bind-it-all machine so that is out.

Anyone any suggestions??

Get Micromiummy to buy you a bind it all!!!!!!
Failing that what about the rings, you can open and add extra pages as and when you want.

Lise Bu
05-24-2008, 05:28 AM
FF - you know how much I have tried to get Micro to be buy me a bind it all - even you have tried for me - but she aint having it lol.

Yes rings are a cool idea - that is how I have done my atc book that I made.

susietex
05-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh my girls you are all so quick and all behind (no jokes needed about the size of my bum thanks!!!!).
I have recieved wonderful pages from what seems like all of you!!!
LiseBu, very welcome additions to my herd, not sure which one is Elmer, and which Wilbur, I wouldn't like to make a mistake!!!
Louise, wow a glass paint elephant, vey POSH indeed, and the instuctions of how to draw an ellie are brill.

Lise Bu
05-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Susie - Elmer is the coloured one and Wilbur is the black and white one x x I'm glad you like them - I hope they will get on with the rest of your herd x

Janice
05-25-2008, 04:34 AM
how do you bind with rings?:unsure: - I'm very inexperienced in putting to gether:unsure:- all ideas welcome - :unsure:what do you do with ribbons?

fantasy firebird
05-25-2008, 05:34 AM
you can get rings in various sizes and colours that clip open/shut, all you then need to do is punch holes through the pages, insert the rings and there you have it!!
Have a look here for some ways I have held books together http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=21824

Janice
05-25-2008, 07:19 AM
wow FF WHAT A FANTASTIC LOT OF THINGS - why has no- one shown me this site before?:P

Janice
05-25-2008, 07:22 AM
sorry forgot to ask where do the rings come from:unsure: we must meet up soon - you have sooooooo much to teach me:rolleyes: are you still cooking at Helsby?- Im learning how to make a basket every Wed in Frodsham but it is slow progress:dull:

fantasy firebird
05-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I found some at the craaft shop up at Lady Heyes (Crabapple Crafts) my first ones I got via ebay!!
I am working in Aston by Sutton school, so drive through Frodsham each day, usually coming home around 1.30pm, what time are you a basket case??? Are you weaving at the community centre or castle park??
Sorry everyone, its great to have a local person who knows the craft places around here!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brainstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you eventually want to bind your pages with a spiral binder I have the bind-it-all, you are most welcome to come and play with it!!!!

Lise Bu
05-25-2008, 01:14 PM
FF - can I come play????? I need to spend at least 4 months at yours though so you can teach me all your secrets.

I am more than willing to have a little binding and wine party here if any of you are up for it. x x x

fantasy firebird
05-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I have no secrets!! I bodge!!

poshscot
05-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Morning girls, sorry not been around much, internet playing up lots!! Hope all is well, did everyone get their May pages out ok?

fantasy firebird
05-27-2008, 04:56 AM
Just have a couple more things to finish off on my second oriental page and it will be off.
Susie - have you done my pages yet for April?? I haven't received anything yet :cry:

susietex
05-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Kay, yes, yes ,yes I have I promise, I'll post them right now, well OK give me five mins to put my shoes on!!!

fantasy firebird
05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
HA HA thats got her mind off Sir Pixel LOL

Janice
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
FF - I go a house on Red Lane to a lady called Averil Otiv - it's really good people knit,spin weave make baskets or just look at a books and chat!!! - I want to learn how to make baskets but I am finding it quite hard:wacko:
Susie I want to see yor riverbanks - are they in your gallery?:wideeyed:

susietex
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Dear Janice, I wold love to show you my riverbanks, along with the compelling story of the river through my town, however I forgot (dam and blast) to scan them. So I'm afraid we are at the mercy of Kay and her great kindness as to whether we shall see them in the gallery..hi there sweet friend Kay..!!!!

So Janice the answer, maybe is.... fat chance!!! LOL

Ria
05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm a bit behind with pages, had a flood in my house, roof leaked, (apparantly some tiles had gotten damaged in the storms we had recently)didn't notice loft space was waterlogged, and it all came through ceiling, and yes it was in the spare bedroom ( my craft room), I have lost loads of my stuff - completed cards, half made sets and loads of my crafting bits and pieces. The mop up is almost complete and I have managed to salvage what I could, but am running behind with all my commitments. I will catch up - but if everyone could be a little patient while I get down to sorting everything out and repair / redo most of my stuff.
I suppose these things are meant to try us - I have moved what I have managed to save downstairs now and have it all piled up in my lounge, so it's a bit of a 'jumble', but I wil get round to completing everything, albeit a little late!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!

susietex
05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
OMG Ria that's awful, not that you are behind, that's understandable!!!! But the reason why, I do hope that there wasn't too much expensive damage, what's happening about your roof?
If you need any supplies to replace anything lost, I have a ton of stuff, if I have something you need it's yours, just yell, I MEAN IT, OK.

Ria
05-27-2008, 03:06 PM
An assessor came round to look at damage and said it was all down to 3 split roof tiles, these will need replacing, but cannot claim on house insurance as It's storm damage, I could claim for new ceiling but I would have to pay first 250 excess, it's cheaper to get this fixed privately, but have got to get it all dried out first. My brother has made a temporary repair to get me through until I can raise some funds. It is very sweet of you to offer - but I'll see how I get on with what I have at the moment, I was more upset about having to redo so much. What I could get out and posted I did, even some of that is late as I had to remake some of the cards to make up sets.
I'm almost on top of it now - good thing too, don't get much time after getting home from work to sort stuff, I'm just grateful that it's only one damaged ceiling (adjoing ceiling in second bedroom is only damp, just needs repainting) and a few tiles, it could have been a lot worse!

OMG Ria that's awful, cnot that you are behind, that's understandable!!!! But the reason why, I do hope that there wasn't too much expensive damage, what's happening about your roof?
If you need any supplies to replace anything lost, I have a ton of stuff, if I have something you need it's yours, just yell, I MEAN IT, OK.

Janice
05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
poor Ria:shocked:

poshscot
05-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Ria, don't worry about the cj, get your self sorted and house sorted first. I do wonder if all the craft stuff should be insured separetly girls, I don't think we realise how much its all worth sometimes!! Let us know if you need anything Ria. Lou x

fantasy firebird
05-28-2008, 05:00 AM
oh Ria what a blow!! if there is anything you need, as Susie said please let us know. Having said that though its the work that you made thats lost which is the biggest casualty, and we could never put a price on those type of things!
I am glad that over the past few years I have gradually gone over to those really useful boxes for all my stash!! I have everything in various shapes and sizes of those and then have them stored in the cupboards, so I guess they would save me from water damage - not that I ever wish to test that theory!!
Susie - I think I can be convinced to scan and post your pages - am I such an ogre as to refuse a request so politely posted??

poshscot
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Ria you are excluded from this reminder!!

Today is the last posting date for the MAY pages, how we doing girls? :D

poshscot
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Don't you think some of these smilies look evil!!

fantasy firebird
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
my pages are going postal to Ria, and I have received Susies pages!!!!
PLUS
I have to agree that the smilies on here are creepy I didn't realise one was crying I thought it was salivating!!

Ria
06-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Finally managed to complete pages - for Fantasy Firebird. It's a combinations of acrylics and added paper elements.
Will pop into post tonight on way home from work! Phew, that's it - I have finally caught up with everything, these pages were the last thing I had to redo - frenzy is now over!:cool:
FF hope you like ?

fantasy firebird
06-02-2008, 03:16 AM
wow Ria what is there not to like??? that has so caught the essence of the river!! I set this theme as my previous (1st) cj group and just nobody really "got" the theme. I thought it was a fairly open one from the wind in the willows right the way through to the river through the season, flowing through countryside, city etc!! After both yours and Susies pages I now know that I did choose well!! btw will post Susies pages this pm.

Ria here is your 2nd page!! posted out yesterday so should be with you soon. I hope you like it. I wasn't sure if there was enough on it, however I didn't want to go too OTT. The bottom images are coloured using crystal laquer.

poshscot
06-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Ria, those pages are superb, lucky FF!!

Janice
06-02-2008, 05:49 AM
really like your pages Ria- your 2nd one is good too FF - Ria I have finshed your pages so will be posting them middle of this week before I go to Turkey for a week - I wanted to do them early as I have quite a bit on when we get back - CJ pages are really good to do but they do take thinking about and then time to put together and I don't like to rush them - hope you will like them:wub:

poshscot
06-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Janice, enjoy your hols. Never been to Turkey, so look forward to hearing all about it on your return. 6 weeks and I'm away to Cambodia, YIPEEEEEE!!!, had all the injections now just need to sort out my Malaria tabs.

Must try and make sure I record who sends what and when!!

FF, love your second page, its great to see everyones work.

Janice
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
how come Cambodia? - is it a package or do it yourself - it sounds very exciting- all those textiles and collage papers - wow:wideeyed:

fantasy firebird
06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
received Rias lovely pages today - many thanks!!

poshscot
06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
We have done a few family adventure holidays over the years, Thailand being the last, we loved that part of Asia so much thought we'd explore more but this time we have organised everything ourself, so have also included a few days in Laos. Its probably our last family holiday as oldest DD will be 18 next year, so thought we'd splash out, saving Japan for just the 2 of us though as it proved too expensive for all 4 of us!! I really love everything about the cultures/food/spirituality etc, I have even studied Buddism since Thailand, its such an exciting place with wonderful friendly people. Real Indiana Jones country in parts - really breath taking, I could talk for ages about it. Can you tell?? :D

Ria, how's the leak? are you getting stuff sorted out ok?

Janice
06-03-2008, 08:56 PM
it sounds great - I don't have such a spirit of adventure:no:- from what I remember of her profile from the other site Ria liked to have lots of advetures:)
Lise how is your back - are you still around - you are very quiet:wideeyed:

Lise Bu
06-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Hi Janice - I've been having problems with my back - pain killers upped again, so i'm a little spced most of the time. Got an appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday so fingers crossed I will know more after that. But i keep plodding on - you have to don't you? But i'm determined I will be going back to work as soon as possible, they are advertising for paramedics on the air ambulance - and i'm really pigged off - because I have been off for so long I am way behind in my clinical training - so I will have to wait for another time for an opening. Trouble is - air ambulance is dead mans shoes - so it might be another 5 years before an opening comes up. At least I have plenty of time to get my studies finished and be fighting fit.

Janice
06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
glad you are still with us - hope the pain is not too bad and micromummy is looking after you all - I bet Sammy is a real star- I can't believe anyone wants the pressure of air ambulance:skeptical:
Ria - I put your pages in the post tonight:D

Ria
06-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey girls - your holidays sound fabulous, Oh I so wish I was going on holiday, I love travelling, and I don't need all the comforts, as long as I can get to lots of places, the more remote the better, I have never been to Cambodia though or Laos - lucky girl!
I am back to some kind of normality at the moment, my roof is getting repaired this weekend ( funds gone now!!!!! ), so no more further episodes, I have had to keep buckets in the loft along with several towels to stop any more damage. Ceiling I will get fixed as soon as I can raise some more money - hey least of my worries, as long as I'm dry. I have gotten a plan up for next set of pages - India, these certainly make you think!!!! I don't know whether I'msupposed to be decorating the backs of these pages as I have been leaving them blank ?
Apologies if they are supposed to be!
Lise hope you start to feel better soon - especially with some nice weather on its way - you want to be able to relax and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs to you all - you are a fabulously supportive group!
Ria

susietex
06-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Hi there, been a bit busy, we've got the builders in, having new drains dug when you then have heavy rain and partial flooding is not a good idea!
There has been mud, and lots of it around the house, covering the garden and a load of it inside as well!!!!
We have to have the pumps running from 7 in the morning to allow some of the water to drain away before the builders can start everyday.
My darling hubby has been away working in Geneva, so he's missed all the fun!! I've had steroid injections at the hospital and new medication to help with an arthritis flare up again......... but hey, I always have atcsforall, so no worries at all really:D:D:D

Lise Bu, I do so hope that your pain goes away really soon, I know how it can start to get you down so Huge, but gentle hugs to you. Extra hearts for your pages!

Ria, I can so sympathise with your predicament, I pray that it will all be sorted very soon and that the pennies stretch, I'm beginning to wish we had a few elastic ones!!

Lou, your scarecrow pages are nearly done, will post soon, sorry a bit late.:embarrassed:

Take care all of you, lets hope that by the end of this journal we will all be fit and well, warm and dry, our travellers will be home and happy and we've all won the lottery...... if not we can always start another journal and try again..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

poshscot
06-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Great to hear from everyone, glad you will be DRY Ria, I left the backs with all the scruffy paint/stitches etc, never thought to make pretty - sorry girls, will work on it!! I did sign and date the backs though, I think!!

Susie, sounds like you havE your hands full, and your still managing to create - impressive. No hurry for the cj pages, no point adding to your stresses.

Lise Bu, hang in there, Air Ambulance, wow, I would be terrified of the responsibility!! My neice, who is now 1+ was rushed in the Air Ambulance at 2 weeks old, she needed open heart surgery but we didn't find out until she stopped breathing at home - they did a marvellous job keeping her a live throughout the journey, I believe babies survival rates are very low - so I'm with you all the way - your time will come.

How is everyone else? Dreading this next cj page, sorry FF, but so far I'm clueless!!

poshscot
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM
RIA, wondering if you are anyone else can help - I am in a fabric skinny swap on another forum and the theme is Lingerie, I noticed a chunky fatbook page for you Ria with that title, I am really struggling to come up with something, any ideas would be really appreciated. Sometimes, I take things too literally, so any prompting to get me thinking differently would be a great help.

Loux

susietex
06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Well now I'm really p***** off, I lost a bit of filling from my tooth a while back, wasn't giving me any problems so I had to wait three weeks for a 'semi urgent' appointment, (can you have a semi urgent condition?!!!!! )
Well I went today, because now it is really painful! and guess what, there is a problem, a big problem...... to cut a long story short, without warning she 'pulled' one of my wisdom teeth, god it hurts, face like a football...... and it cost nearly 45!!!!!
Ouch, all round!!!!

Janice
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
poor Susie- all the other things and now that:no:- talk to you all when I get back from Turkey - apparently it is raining there today but getting really warm and sunny over the weekend

Ria
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!

To the Mouth and also the Purse. Whys is it that everything is sooooooo expensive????
It seems that as soon as the money is in the bank then it's gone again!
I do hope you get the drains sorted out soon and that your mouth feels betters also!!!
I suppose it's liquids only for a while?
Hugs!

Well now I'm really p***** off, I lost a bit of filling from my tooth a while back, wasn't giving me any problems so I had to wait three weeks for a 'semi urgent' appointment, (can you have a semi urgent condition?!!!!! )
Well I went today, because now it is really painful! and guess what, there is a problem, a big problem...... to cut a long story short, without warning she 'pulled' one of my wisdom teeth, god it hurts, face like a football...... and it cost nearly 45!!!!!
Ouch, all round!!!!

Ria
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Lou!
Ideas - let me think, I personally love the old adverts for vintage corsets, if your printer can take it how about printing an image onto thin cotton fabric, or get some satin remnant, spray printed image with a little water, quickly place face down on satin and burnish with back of spoon, lift and image transfered, or cut out bodice shape or bra and kickers shapes fromcard and decorate these and attach to page with glue or stitching, add some bits of lace, or bows, also how about suspender straps to hang along the bottom, or the little bra rings you get on the shoulder straps. OR make the whole page shape a body and dress it with underwear, ( a different take on a skinny - a shaped skinny)?

RIA, wondering if you are anyone else can help - I am in a fabric skinny swap on another forum and the theme is Lingerie, I noticed a chunky fatbook page for you Ria with that title, I am really struggling to come up with something, any ideas would be really appreciated. Sometimes, I take things too literally, so any prompting to get me thinking differently would be a great help.

Loux

poshscot
06-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Susie, I can totally sympathise, my cracked tooth ended up costing me 300, had to get a crown!! it was right after Chrimbo too - no more nobbly nuts for me!!

Ria, love the skinny page idea, thanks - tried craft freezer paper through the printer yesterdy, and it really worked a treat!! Off to have a play

Janice, enjoy your hols. x

fantasy firebird
06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
right as promised!! took me a while to work out what the scanner was playing at LOL I usuaully cheat and just photo my stuff - quicker!! Anyway here are the pages received from Susie - I HOPE!!

FAILED !!!!! too large!! drat and double drat - take 3!!!!! brb with another attempt tried this morning and that was a wasted 30 mins LOL

fantasy firebird
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=7019458
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=7019459
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=7019432
figers and toes crossed that this works!

poshscot
06-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Very unusual I like it!! they've got a real scrapbook feel to them.

susietex
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh thankyou Kay for posting those, they are all actual photos of the River near where I live, many of the boating pictures were taken last August bank holiday during the river festival.
The 2nd large photo of the Mill at dawn, was taken just a couple of miles along the river at Houghton, it's a working mill now run by the National Trust.
It's so lovely around here, a pretty little market town, but when it floods it becomes an island!!!!!!!

Lise Bu
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Kay - I have just visited your site and saw Sammys little bit - that is so sweet, she will love it. I will show her in the morning as she is in bed at the moment. Thanks hun for making a little girl feel so special x x x x x

Ria
06-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Janice's pages are now complete - they are a mix of watercolours, acrylics, fabric and paper elements.

I will send in post tomorrow!

poshscot
06-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Fabby pages Ria.

fantasy firebird
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
looks like Susie will be after those pages!! I think we all want the pages that have been made for other people!! Thats not saying I don't also want the pages that have been made for me LOL

susietex
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Ooo Ria, I can see an elephant, now I think you should send that straight to me and I'll look after it for Janice, she can visit him/her alternate weekends and holidays! Well he could be lonely with her, I have a whole herd !!!!!

Ooops Hi Janice, nice to see you.......... drat where did she spring from!!!!!!

fantasy firebird
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Good try Susie, but I guess no one here will fall for that ruse!!

Ria
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Beautiful pages have arrived from Janice, my neighbour took in post for me, and has been away the weekend, hence the delay in feedback. Sorry!!!!!!!!
Loved the colours you used Janice!
Sent yours out this morning, so you should get in next day or two!

poshscot
06-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Just finished FF - by the river - pages, will scan in when dry, must say they look more like a sunset/sunrise theme than by the river, but enjoyed making them, hope they will be ok .......I found this one really hard to come up with some designs which is a bit odd considering I love being beside water, be it sea, river, pond, waterfall etc!! I think I am being heavily influenced by the other cj, as I'm getting braver with the 'painted' look. The collage versions were scrapped yesterday!!

Lou x

First one is pastels, paper and ink, the second is oil pastel and watercolour

Lise Bu
06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
stunning pages lou x x

Janice
06-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi everybody I'm back from the land of Turkey- wow girls what lovely work you've all been producing - I love my pages Ria and no you can't have HER Susie!!:D - we had a great holiday except for endin up on a drip for 7 hours in a clinic in Gumbet with a severe allergic reaction to something that also sent my heartbeat a bit funny:goofy:- my face was so swollen and red that I had to stay in the shade a lot of the time and have another injection on Wed so we didn't get to see much - but luckily the hotel was on a beautiful site in the cliff - we had a bungalow room with a little private garden there were trees and floweres everywhere and the food was fantastic and it was wonderfully warm - so allin all a good time despite the reaction - nice to be back tho' talking to you all again:yes:

susietex
06-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi Janice, sorry to her about your allergic reaction, sounded terrible, hope your all better now. Do you have holiday pics to share? I hope so.

Oh just thought you could be allergic to elephants too, well that I can help with....send HER immediately to my house! LOL:twitcy:

Great to have you back;)

fantasy firebird
06-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Just finished FF - by the river - pages, will scan in when dry, must say they look more like a sunset/sunrise theme than by the river, but enjoyed making them, hope they will be ok .......I found this one really hard to come up with some designs which is a bit odd considering I love being beside water, be it sea, river, pond, waterfall etc!! I think I am being heavily influenced by the other cj, as I'm getting braver with the 'painted' look. The collage versions were scrapped yesterday!!

Lou x

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ria
06-14-2008, 12:08 PM
These are gorgeous, so restful!

I'm trying to think of a different Elephant theme for next set of pages, I think my muse is on holiday, maybe a nice glass of wine ( or two, or three), will kick it back in action!!!!!

Lou x

Ria
06-14-2008, 12:11 PM
What a shame, you took ill!
Sounds like you still had a good holiday though! If nothing else, just good to get away and relax!

Hi everybody I'm back from the land of Turkey- wow girls what lovely work you've all been producing - I love my pages Ria and no you can't have HER Susie!!:D - we had a great holiday except for endin up on a drip for 7 hours in a clinic in Gumbet with a severe allergic reaction to something that also sent my heartbeat a bit funny:goofy:- my face was so swollen and red that I had to stay in the shade a lot of the time and have another injection on Wed so we didn't get to see much - but luckily the hotel was on a beautiful site in the cliff - we had a bungalow room with a little private garden there were trees and floweres everywhere and the food was fantastic and it was wonderfully warm - so allin all a good time despite the reaction - nice to be back tho' talking to you all again:yes:

Lise Bu
06-14-2008, 09:35 PM
welcome back Janice x x x sorry to hear about your little bit of trouble, glad u had a good time apart from that though x x

poshscot
06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Janice, nice to know you are back safe and sound and the allergy didn't effect your hols too much. Sounds like a fantastic hotel and location, very peace ful I imagine.

Lou x

poshscot
06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Is everything ok with everyone? Feel as if my mind is elsewhere at the mo, sorry girls, focus is, well I don't really know where it is!!

Lise Bu
06-17-2008, 03:37 PM
i'm good thanks hun. Busy busy with everything.

susietex
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi there, yes fine thanks, just bobbing along. Poshscot your pages will be mailed in the morning, hope you like them, your scarecrow was fun to do.

fantasy firebird
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Is everything ok with everyone? Feel as if my mind is elsewhere at the mo, sorry girls, focus is, well I don't really know where it is!!

Focus is where we go when B&Q is shut!!!!

poshscot
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
WELL, WE DON'T HAVE FOCUS NORTH OF THE BORDER, SO I GUESS THATS MY PROBLEM!! not sure why caps is on???

fantasy firebird
06-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I guess you had to shout so I could hear you in Cheshire LOL

poshscot
06-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Posted pages out to FF today, 1st class

susietex
06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Poshscot, you know the pages I was posting to you, WELL, Hubby offered and then forgot to take them with him. They went tonight!!

poshscot
06-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing them Susie, I'm trying to get ahead of the game as the holidays will be upon us very soon.

fantasy firebird
06-20-2008, 04:53 PM
poshscot received my pages today - they are wonderful many many thanks!

poshscot
06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
FF-that was quick!!

fantasy firebird
06-20-2008, 06:04 PM
every so often the great British Post Office get their act together and totally amaze us!!

susietex
06-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi there, just thought I'd tell you I'm off to FOCUS, because we don't have a B&Q!!!!
Does anyone want to play 'Design a new kitchen for Susie ATC Swap' LOL.

Not sure wether I should ask you Kay, I'm a little scared of what you might put in it!!!!

poshscot
06-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Susie, new kitchen, nice!! Your gorgeous cj pages have just arrived, brill additions to my cj, thanks!!

susietex
06-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Glad you like them Lou, as for the new kitchen, they've got to finish building the walls yet, so still dreaming about it.
Still 'enjoying' the smell of wet cement in the mornings!!!!

Lise Bu
06-22-2008, 05:52 AM
"wet cement" - nice - not!!!!

Janice
06-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Hey you 2 - Susie and Lise - are you feeling any better and how is the job going Ria- and Lou are your family ok after all that hospital stuff earlier on - this is weird - we've not met but I do think of you as friends and hope you are on going on ok - that of course includes you FF but you seem to be sailing on ok at the moment:rolleyes:

fantasy firebird
06-22-2008, 11:54 AM
yup thats me!! sailing on down my river!! Have to start some sunflowers and scarecrows next LOL wonder how they will end up!! It's as much a surprise for me as it is for the rest of you LOL

susietex
06-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Janice, I'm still taking the medication after all a pill a day keeps the builders away, no that's not right, erm.....a pill an hour keeps Kay away, no I've tried that!

Well whatever, three pills a day keeps the arthritis at bay, so no pain, which means I can cope with Kay and the builders.... so yes I'm fine thanks. How are you?

fantasy firebird
06-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Hang on yea olde Susie - is it a "how many threads can I slag Kay off in", day today?? Sheesh and there I am being so lovely to you!!

Janice
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
you all make me laugh such a lot we must meet somewhere in the Autumn - any ideas - where can you get a train to or drive to easily everyone - ? - Manchester?/ liverpool?/ birmingham?/London - Lise - you can bring Micromummy and the her and FF can drool and we can persuade her to buy that thing you NEED!!!!!!;):wub::skeptical::D

susietex
06-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi there my lovely friend Kay, luv you really. No I'm not after anything or about to ask a favour, just being nice to you, well it is Sunday.;)

Lise Bu
06-26-2008, 02:49 AM
Morning morning ladies - do I have to bring micromummy? lol x x she isn't going to Chicago with Anita and I (she hates flying).

I've had some excellent news - saw my surgeon on Monday and everything is good - just need some physiotherapy now to finish off my treatment. Looks like I may be able to think about going back to work some time in August. Got to go to occy health to sort the details - who knows I may be able to get my spot on the helicopter one day.

We really must stop talking about meeting and get something organised x x I dearly want to meet you all - and see my bestest friend in the wholest widest world - Kay (she looks after me and sends me cool stuff).

susietex
06-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Wow that's fab news, about the surgeon I mean, not sure about the meeting Kay bit LOL!

Just kidding, Kay is fab and so is Anita, and I'd love to meet the rest of you.....so come on girls, when and where?

Janice
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
LiseWHAT GREAT NEWS it is unbelievable that it is recovering so well when you think of how bad it was a couple of months ago- how comes you are off to Chicago with Anita - that sounds like fun - I have suggested some meeting places - we just need to agree and then set a date

poshscot
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Evening girls. Great news Lise. And holidays too, you lucky rascal!!

Reminder - next posting date is tomorrow - how are we all getting on?

fantasy firebird
06-27-2008, 03:16 AM
what!!!!! oh ********** well guess I'd better start then!!!

fantasy firebird
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
ok I have just had heart failure!! Poshscot did you change your choice of pages??? I was happily making scarecrows and sunflowers, then I went to my saved copy of the original posting to see that you wanted words of wisdom!!!! total meltdown, then transpired!! I come over here to say will be taking longer than first expected, only to find that it is scarecrows and sunflowers!! Sheesh....................

fantasy firebird
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
btw - I sent and received the May pages!

susietex
07-03-2008, 04:05 AM
ok I have just had heart failure!! Poshscot did you change your choice of pages??? I was happily making scarecrows and sunflowers, then I went to my saved copy of the original posting to see that you wanted words of wisdom!!!! total meltdown, then transpired!! I come over here to say will be taking longer than first expected, only to find that it is scarecrows and sunflowers!! Sheesh....................

What are you talking about? Do you need new medication? (sounds concerned about Kay, well sort of!)