Cat's Cradle
04-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Swap Due - June 8
Withdrawal Date - none, just let me know
Number of Cards - 2 for 2 only
Media - any
Number of Players - 15 FULL
AGE - infant to 4 years (5 if in pre-K) ONLY

This is a swap just for the little ones. Parents, get your little ones some ATC blanks and some paint, markers, crayons, scraps and glue, or whatever they like to work with. I prefer not to get cards with just stickers. I'd like to see some originality from the kiddos.

Your little ones should create 2 cards - standard 2.5" x 3.5" ATC size - to the best of their ability.
On the backs: Artist's FIRST name and age, Parent's AFA user name, date
Please place each card in a plastic sleeve.

Mailing: send cards in an envelope with parent's AFA user name on the back.
US players, include a SASE envelope for returns.
International players, please include either a US $1, or postage from your country (around 1 USD) and a large return label.

A hostess card is always treasured, but is never required. :cute:

Preschool Players:
1. Katie, age 2 (Cat's Cradle)
2. George, age 3 (pixiecorpse) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1212759&postcount=2)
3. Emily, age 5 (locatray) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1219315&postcount=49)
4. Isabelle, age 4 (Freedom119) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1216050&postcount=31)
5. Ryan, age 4 (DenaCottrell)
6. Owen, age 3 (sameo2559)
7. Aiden, age 4 (ICraft)
8. Trinity, age 5 (trinitysmomma07) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1217758&postcount=40)
9. Jaina, age 4 (leann)
10. Lucy, age 4.5 (dezineliz) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1218348&postcount=46)
11. Elisha, age 5 (Heatherkn)
12. Mason, age 2 (Heatherkn)
13. Eli, age 4 (CandeeLynn) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1225081&postcount=52)
14. Luke, age 4 (kristenb710) (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1225651&postcount=53)

Waiting List:

Examples below by Katie, age 2, are NOT part of the swap
"Rabbit" and "Elephant"

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
oh can i sign George up hes 3, shame it goes to 4 only gretch might be a little grumpy lol

Cat's Cradle
04-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Of course you can. If Gretch isn't in school, you can sign her up as well. This is just for the kiddos who aren't yet in school.

pixiecorpse
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
She's 5 and yep at school so she's out of the running :D

locatray
04-01-2012, 07:51 PM
My daughter just turned 5 this month. If you are looking to fill a spot later on, please let me know- she would love to play. She is still in pre-school this year.

Cat's Cradle
04-02-2012, 12:14 AM
If she's in preschool, she can play. :yes:

locatray
04-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Oh, okay, awesome- Thanks! Her name is Emily, age 5. She will be happy to hear she can participate.

Freedom119
04-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Please sign up Isabelle she's 4 this month and has always loved seeing ATCs

Cat's Cradle
04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
I will add the girls!

DenaCottrell
04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Please add my son, Ryan. He is 4 and in pre-school. I know he will like to do this.

Of course my 7 year daughter is going to want to do it to so I'll just post those in my gallery for her :spinny:.

Cat's Cradle
04-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Sure thing, Dena. I know what you mean about the older kids wanting to make ATCs. My 7 and 9 y/o kids like to make them with me after dinner.

sameo2559
04-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Please add Owen, age 3, to your list. What a great idea! Love this for the little ones.

Cat's Cradle
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Will do! I'm so glad to see so many little ones getting introduced to art! :cute:

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Hehe I know what you mean gretch threw a proper strop because she's too old hehe, but that's a great idea to add her stuff to my gallery! She's made tons already!

Oh and my first swap is live star wars the clown wars and I don't mind if your older kids want to join :D

Cat's Cradle
04-03-2012, 03:53 PM
*shudders* at clowns. I'm coulrophobic.

pixiecorpse
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry cat's! I don't like them much either, its more silly pictures, I did yoda in an old peoples home, chewbacca in a kung fu type headband and tashe and luke with a foam hand instead of the robot one he gets...hubby didn't laugh though :D

ICraft
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Please sign my grandson up - his name is Aiden age 4. He's just FINALLY interested in doing some creative things and since he is always giving me feedback on my cards (hahaha) perhaps he'll enjoy being the artist for a change. :spinny: I can't wait to see what he makes.

ICraft
04-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Hehe I know what you mean gretch threw a proper strop because she's too old hehe, but that's a great idea to add her stuff to my gallery! She's made tons already!

Oh and my first swap is live star wars the clown wars and I don't mind if your older kids want to join :D

Aww - little girls - just such little drama queens at such an early age. :twitcy: I have 4 children - 2 months after our son's 3rd birthday our triplet daughters arrived - 2 months later I turned 25, had been married for 5 yrs and had 4 children 3 and under - :eek: Our boy has been easy, peasy (well you know the usual bumps now & again but nothing big at all) but those girlies - whoa - like mega hormone charged little women from about 2 1/2 on - the good news - our son is now 28, the girls are turning 25 in April and even though I think there were times those baby girls were trying to kill me (figuratively of course) we've all managed to survive. Oh but don't think for one minute they have even forgotten that little girl down the street who tore the tag off their collectible beanie baby. haha Yep memories like an elephant. Whew!!!!

pixiecorpse
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh I know!!! I asked them to tidy their toys yesterday, gretch burst into tears with *earache* and george just looked at me blankly and said *what*
I've already steeled mtself to the fact that she's going to be like this until she reaches her 20s lol!

pixiecorpse
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
And I forgot to say wow!!! Triplet girls!!!!

Cat's Cradle
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Please sign my grandson up - his name is Aiden age 4. He's just FINALLY interested in doing some creative things and since he is always giving me feedback on my cards (hahaha) perhaps he'll enjoy being the artist for a change. :spinny: I can't wait to see what he makes.
Will do.

Wow. Triplet girls. I went to school with triplet girls and it was drama x3! :err: My mom had 3 singleton girls and we were enough drama for her!

Cat's Cradle
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
One thing to keep in mind: when your kiddos are working on their cards, I'd prefer to see originality from the kids. It's okay if they use one or two stickers and add their drawings, but I don't want to receive cards that are only stickers.

pixiecorpse
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
george has done 1, it was just one solitary flower on the paper...i kept saying just add a little more and he'd slink off with a grumpy look on his face, now it has more flowers some sky and a girl i think too :D
and in that time gretch made about 6 lol, shes telling me she wants hers backing with card before i even put them in my gallery. proper little diva!

trinitysmomma07
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Trinity would love to join! she is 5 but she is in Pre-K

Cat's Cradle
04-04-2012, 10:20 PM
george has done 1, it was just one solitary flower on the paper...i kept saying just add a little more and he'd slink off with a grumpy look on his face, now it has more flowers some sky and a girl i think too :D
and in that time gretch made about 6 lol, shes telling me she wants hers backing with card before i even put them in my gallery. proper little diva!

Good for them! Please do show us George's art when you get a chance.. :yes:

Cat's Cradle
04-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Trinity would love to join! she is 5 but she is in Pre-K

I'm so glad Trin wants to play! Maybe Max will get inspired and doodle some as well. ;)

trinitysmomma07
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm so glad Trin wants to play! Maybe Max will get inspired and doodle some as well. ;)

LOL! he would need a lot of help :cute:

trinitysmomma07
04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
and trin already finished hers, we worked on them yesterday...as soon as my mom scans them i will post the pics, your host card is special and a surpirse so i will not be posting a picture of it hehe:v_spin:

Cat's Cradle
04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
LOL! he would need a lot of help :cute:
Dip his hand in some tempura paint and show him the card! LOL

Cat's Cradle
04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
and trin already finished hers, we worked on them yesterday...as soon as my mom scans them i will post the pics, your host card is special and a surpirse so i will not be posting a picture of it hehe:v_spin:
How sweet! Tell Amy thanks for doing the scans and Trin thanks for the special card. :cute:

Cat's Cradle
04-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Isabelle's wonderful cards have arrived! Thanks so much for the extra cards!

locatray
04-07-2012, 04:17 PM
My daughter's cards hit the mail to you today, Melissa. Thanks again & again for hosting.

pixiecorpse
04-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Georges cards are in the gallery, he didn't want to make a host card, but gretchy made a hello kitty for you :D

Cat's Cradle
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I'll watch for them and let you know when they arrive.

Cat's Cradle
04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Sounds good, Pixie!

PinkZombie
04-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Since so many people said slightly older kids aged 6-9ish will want to do a swap too maybe someone could make one for them?

Cat's Cradle
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
PinkZombie, if you watch the ATC swap section, there are usually several swaps a year that are open to kids in the 6-9 and older age range. You just need to watch it--you can subscribe to the forum if you wish, or just make sure to click on the "New Posts" link each day and check that way.

Also on AFA, you can find a Kids' Trading Thread, where cards are available for 1-to-1 trades between kids. There's also a Kids' Play-It-Forward (PIF) Thread, but there are iTrader requirements to play. Just run a search or check the trading forum.

Lastly, but not least, there is ATCs Jr (http://www.atcsjr.com) outside of AFA, but available for kids to trade and swap ATCs.

Hope this info helps anyone else who might need some kids' trading ideas.

Cat's Cradle
04-09-2012, 12:12 AM
I'll add Jaina to the list!

trinitysmomma07
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Here they are...as soon as i can get the backings on them the will head your way! :) Trin was so excited to do this! she got really sad when she had to stop...:cute:

So these are 2 friends outside as the sun sets and a girl picking a rose for her daddy
according to trin :)

Cat's Cradle
04-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Very sweet cards!

ICraft
04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Ahh - such cutie cards that Trinity and George made - I'm very impressed. Hmm...my grandson is more of an "abstract" artist if you know what I mean. :cute: He's 4 but his Mommy and I were beginning to think he would never enjoy anything artsy - coloring, painting, stickers - nothing - it was an agonizing chore to get him to do anything but then - ta da - this year he has finally started to take an interest. I think he's a little like George - no critiquing or suggestions - it's all him or nothing. haha Artists - such a creative mind of their own.

Cat's Cradle
04-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I think the two examples I posted of Katie's art are some of her better pieces. I'm not expecting more than the kids can do. And there's really no telling what Katie will do for the swwp. She varies from drawing recognizable shapes (like the examples) to just being abstract. She also likes to work in mixed media...she'll paint a background with water color and then draw on it with marker while the paper is still wet because she likes the effect. :wideeyed:

ICraft
04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Gee I wish we lived closer - she sounds like just the right type of artist partner for Aiden - for him the more unusual the "technique" the better. So cute I can hardly stand it!

Cat's Cradle
04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Our weather is starkly different than yours, Dena. I'm not sure you'd care for it. We're officially into spring, but the weather is still cold and sometimes snowy. :wacko: Often, we'll have snow until Mother's Day. A few years ago, it snowed on Memorial Day! Our last frost is usually around end of May/first part of June, so we have a short growing season--most of our garden has to be started indoors in order for everything to be ready before the end of September frost.

dezineliz
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
My Lucy would love to join! Age 4.5

Cat's Cradle
04-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome aboard! I'll add Lucy when I get back to my laptop. :yes:

Cat's Cradle
04-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Locatray, I received your daughter's wonderful cards! Please tell Emily I said many thanks for the extra card.

Cat's Cradle
04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I just wanted to say that I think this swap is a wonderful idea, I love the idea of including children and introducing them to art!
I, unfortunately, don't have any relatives young enough to participate, but I hope all the ones that do have a lot of fun!
Thanks. :cute: I have a 2.5 y/o daughter who keeps getting upset when her older sibs participate in a swap and get new cards for their collections. I figured that since most of the "kids welcome" swaps focus on the school-age kiddos, this would give the younger bunch a chance.

CandeeLynn
04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
add my son, Eli (4), please his big sister is doing a swap and he wants to be like her :)

kristenb710
04-25-2012, 09:39 PM
My son, Luke (age 4), would be so excited to join. He's always playing with my supplies and asking for my stash of ATCs (I've located many a missing ATC in one of his cubby holes). If there is still room, please add us to your list as we would love to participate! He would be so excited to start his own collection.

ICraft
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
My grandson is soooo excited about the swap and he's been chatting up his ideas for about a week now. Just sooo cute! He's finally decided on dinosaur themed cards - a TRex one and a Stegosaurus one. At Christmas he got a dino stamping set that he has enjoyed quite a lot so we're going to make some backgrounds with those and then paint some die cut dino images we are going to cut out with the Cricut. I just loved that he was totally brainstorming about what he was going to make.

pixiecorpse
04-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Georges went postal yesterday! :D

Cat's Cradle
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
I would like to sign up the 5 year old that I nanny. His name is Elisha. If there is still room I nanny a 2 year old also named Mason He would love to get crafty too

add my son, Eli (4), please his big sister is doing a swap and he wants to be like her :)

My son, Luke (age 4), would be so excited to join. He's always playing with my supplies and asking for my stash of ATCs (I've located many a missing ATC in one of his cubby holes). If there is still room, please add us to your list as we would love to participate! He would be so excited to start his own collection.

I have all four boys signed up!

That leaves one open slot for this swap.

kristenb710
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Alrighty, Luke worked on his this weekend and has cards that he is proud of and ready to send. Are you going to PM the address that you would like us to send them too?

Cat's Cradle
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Sending you a PM.

kristenb710
05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Fabulous! Luke's cards were mailed today!

CandeeLynn
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Here are Eli's Cardshttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300153

CandeeLynn
05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300153

Cherie
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
If you still have room, my 3 yr old, Bethany, would love to make something.

Cat's Cradle
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300153

Oh my godness! Those are too cute!

Cat's Cradle
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
If you still have room, my 3 yr old, Bethany, would love to make something.

Bethany is welcome to fill the last spot!

Cherie
05-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Bethany is welcome to fill the last spot!
Great! Thanks!

trinitysmomma07
05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Cards are finished and ready to be mailed...going out to you ASAP Melissa!

Cat's Cradle
05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
All righty! Will let you know when they arrive.

xstitcher
05-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey Cat's could you put my 4 year old granddaughter Ivy on the waiting list.

One day last week when I was watching her she wanted her paints. I cut some watercolor paper to ATC size and she did some pictures for me. They turned out pretty good. I know what they are anyway!

CandeeLynn
05-20-2012, 08:06 PM
I mailed Eli's cards a long time ago ( like over a week) have you gotten them yet?

Cat's Cradle
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I picked up mail on Friday, and Eli's cards were there.

Several others were there as well, including George's. I don't have the envies in front of me--my table is still covered with sewing stuff--so as soon as I get the table sorted, I'll get the list updated.

Cat's Cradle
05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey Cat's could you put my 4 year old granddaughter Ivy on the waiting list.

One day last week when I was watching her she wanted her paints. I cut some watercolor paper to ATC size and she did some pictures for me. They turned out pretty good. I know what they are anyway!
Sure will, Mary Ann. :yes:

Cat's Cradle
05-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Couple of others I remember seeing in the stack at the PO:

Luke (kristib)
Lucy (dezineliz)

ICraft
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
My dino lover Aiden got his cards finished and he is sooo excited that he is going to get 2 cards back in the mail from other children. Here are his cards and an extra for the hosts.

trinitysmomma07
06-01-2012, 09:19 PM
have you recieved Trin's yet Melissa?

Cat's Cradle
06-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Sarah, I have received Trin's cards. A couple others, too, I think, but I need to check.

trinitysmomma07
06-02-2012, 02:14 AM
great i am glad they made it!

ICraft
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Aiden's dinos went roaring to the post office on Saturday so hopefully they will reach you mid-week.

Cat's Cradle
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Katie worked on the "glue" part of her mixed media cards. (She wants to glue and draw her cards, so we have to do it in steps.)

We spent at least an hour just finding the images she wanted and gluing them down. Of course, glue on little hands gets distracting, so Katie had to stop and peel glue as well. :laugh: She's tired, so may take a nap while waiting for the glue to dry properly before she can draw on them.

One card has lots of faces and the word "smile" on the one kid who's not smiling. The other is about reading. All I did for Katie was cut the images and hand them to her. She did all the gluing by herself! Pics after the drawing part is done.

pixiecorpse
06-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Wow! They sound awesome cats! And such a great little artists there are in here!

Cat's Cradle
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
From all the cards I've seen, this is going to be a difficult one to swap out! (Boy, I'm glad I set this one for 2 cards from each....after helping Katie, it became apparent that 2 is about the limit for a little one's attention span!)

Thanks to all the parents, grandparents, and caregivers for involving the young children in a special swap!

pixiecorpse
06-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Hehe yep after 2 cards they either want to do more and get nasty when its not working or just don't want to do anything :D

ICraft
06-06-2012, 11:26 PM
From all the cards I've seen, this is going to be a difficult one to swap out! (Boy, I'm glad I set this one for 2 cards from each....after helping Katie, it became apparent that 2 is about the limit for a little one's attention span!)

Thanks to all the parents, grandparents, and caregivers for involving the young children in a special swap!

I think 2 was a great number - the only way I got a 3rd out of Aiden was because he was having so much fun with my new expensive Gelato sticks - of course - haha. That and I told him it's polite to send a gift card to the host - he's all about manners and being polite - thank goodness for that trait!

pixiecorpse
06-08-2012, 03:05 AM
That's so cute icraft! George gets all sulky if he's doing too much,gretch on the other hand could make atcs all day :D

Cat's Cradle
06-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Bug finished her cards and told me they are ready to mail (no pics yet). Today, she wanted to make "ABC cards" on yellow card stock. So funny!!

I haven't been to the post office, but will go in the morning to collect what's there. I won't be swapping till next weekend, so there's still time if cards haven't made it to me yet.

DenaCottrell
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Finally got my sons cards ready to post. My son is Developmental Delayed and he has really struggled with drawing/writing so I am very proud that he not only wanted to participate but that his pictures are recognizable.
They are:
Jedi on an Alien Planet
Alien Planet with 2 Suns
Spider & Web

Cat's Cradle
06-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Very nice. :yes:

I'm just about ready to swap out the cards. They will be in the mail by Friday.

pixiecorpse
06-20-2012, 04:53 PM
They are awesome Dena! Love the jedi!

Yay swap time, I'll not tell george until they arrive ;)

locatray
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Yay for swap time! Thanks, Melissa!

dezineliz
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Did cards go out yet? No sign here.

locatray
07-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Wondering the same... We're a month past the due date... Has anybody gotten returns? Have they been mailed?
Fingers crossed-- my kiddo is excited.

pixiecorpse
07-09-2012, 03:37 AM
I know cats had a family crisis or an illness so she might still be dealing with that, I'd have to check the members away board for any more info and I'm running out to work as we speak :D

dezineliz
07-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Oh no. I feel bad now for asking about the cards. Hope everything turns around for her.

ICraft
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi there - any news updates about the ATCs? I checked the members away forum someone had suggested but didn't find any info. I then was going to contact Melissa's swap buddy but one is temporarily out of commission d/t storm damage of her house and property and the other one is no longer participating on the site so my attempts to find any info were futile. I guess finger crossing is all I've got now. haha Hope everything is ok and we hear something soon.

DenaCottrell
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I sent her an email to check on her a few days ago. That was the 2nd one I've sent with no reply,but that's not saying she would reply. I'm not sure.

lini
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone. The moderators are aware of the siuation and have contacted Cat's! Hopefully that will lead to a fast resolution!

ICraft
07-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Glad to hear that we will probably be getting an update soon. Thanks for the info.

trinitysmomma07
07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
i sent her a message on facebook...hopefully i will get a response soon or she will post on here soon :cute:

Cat's Cradle
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
So sorry about being out of sorts, y'all. I really did think I was going to have these out sooner.

All the cards went in the mail today, handed over the counter to the mail lady.

It's up to you if you decide to leave me an iTrader, but I do ask that you leave Rep Points for each other by clicking the "You Rock!" button on a post made by the sponsor.

pixiecorpse
07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Yay! George will be a happy bunny! And no worries cats we can't plan for life to stick a spanner in our atc works, I know just doing a 30 hour week for 8 weeks has messed with my flow :D

trinitysmomma07
07-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Got our cards yesterday! Great cards from leann's Jania "Bunny", and DenaCottrell's Ryan "Jedi Knight on an Alien Planet"!

ICraft
07-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Cards arrived - Aiden says Thank You to Katie (Cat's Cradle's dtr) and Emily (locatray's dtr) for the great cards!