EraserQueen

ATC Guru
Media
What's An Angel?

Archangel_Michael_by_WoolSocks.jpg
2372093350_0c0e7158c4_o.jpg

Swap Due Date - In My Hands: May 24th
Signup/withdraw date - May 17th
Number of Cards - 3/3 OR 6/6 (if approved)
Number of participants -limit 25

What is an Angel? The concept of Angels has a long and rich multi-cultural history, and this swap explores the variety of angels! Show us YOUR idea of what an angel is! Or, be inspired by angels of other cultures, and create cards based on them! If you have interesting links to share, post them, and I can add them to the main post here!

"The origin of angels in history is quite complicated to figure out, due to angels or similar spirit beings being found within many cultures around the globe.

Angels are found within three key religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Yet, angels, or divine helpers, were also found within Sumerian, Babylonian, Persian, Egyptian and Greek writings, as well, and played a major influence upon the ideas regarding angels within the key religions themselves. For example, it is well known that ancient Sumerian texts pre-dated the Hebrew book of Genesis, including the idea of the existence of angels. The Hebrew beliefs regarding angels were similarly shared with Christianity, and both Judaism's and Christianity's teachings of angels inspired the Islam beliefs concerning angels.

Though maybe called different names, benevolent spirit beings quite similar to angels can also be found within other religions, mythologies, and lore. Hinduism has avatars, Buddhism has devas and bodhisattvas, the Greeks wrote about daimons, and other spirit beings similar to angels, such as guardian spirits and spirit guides, have been taught by tribal cultures. All of these have similar function as helpful spirit messengers, or angels."

(from http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_history.html)
Swap Guidelines

Card Guidelines:
  • 3/3 OR 6/6 (if approved)
  • All media welcome! Fabric, hand carved stamps, altered vintage photos, drawing/painting, cut paper. No digital art, or photocopies of original art Please. I would like people to create tactile cards and art where one can feel the paper or fabric, and see brush strokes or pencil marks!
  • You must keep cards less fairly thin! No bulky embellishments!
  • You must put your user name on the backs of all your cards
  • You must use plastic sleeves
Important: All media is welcome! However, quality craftsmanship is important, keep your work clean from excess glue, make sure your cards are measured and cut to the correct size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) DO NOT print out an image made by someone else, draw over it and call it original work. If you use PRINTED (rubber stamped, magazine images, photos, copied material, please make sure it is UNDENIABLY altered by the the time you are done! Gesso and re-color, use machine stitching, etc. Cards should all look handmade, not a copy of something you printed off the internet. Cards not meeting these guidelines will be mailed back to you if there is not a sufficient number of like cards to be swapped with yours.

Participant Guidelines:
  • Post in the Thread to sign up!
  • Post in the thread with any questions.
  • 25 Players Maximum
  • I post feedback after I have received all cards, because this is easiest for me. If you need to build up your feedback, PM me and I will leave you a point as soon as I receive your cards.
Mailing Guidelines:

US Players
  • please send a Self Addresses, Stamped Envelope (with a 42 cent stamp) (if you send a flimsy envelope, I can't guarantee the PO won't rip it up! Sorry! It rarely happens, but you use them at your own risk :)
  • Our postal rates are going up by one penny May 1st, so you early birds, please add extra postage accordingly!
  • ALSO, each U.S. participant is requested to send one Loose stamp (42 cents or more) to help cover international returns. This is a swap method I employ, in order not to limit international players.
  • You must write your username on the envelope :)
International players
  • Enclose a label with you address clearly written, and I will cover postage and the envelope. If you'd like to send an extra Angel ATC to help cover the postage, that would be nice! but I don't require it.
  • You must write your username on the envelope :)
Players (Purple means received!)

1) KatieV
2) Adriayna
3) Jean
4) Meow2000
5) Rapa
6) Frog Princess
7) Maxie23
8)Crazfun
9) HeyMaggie
10)Chronata
11)ElectaBlue

12)Lemay
13) SallyAnn
14) Kathyy
15) scrappyboy

16) Stormarela
17) gindeleo
18) Biggoldfsh
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Last edited:
I'd really love to join this one too please... love the theme too!!

Cheers

Certainly Electablue! :D

I also encourage everyone to create perhaps one non-traditional image of an Angel in their set, or think about creative approaches to their work!

Back
Top Bottom